Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

"Capcom Double Crossed Us" Edition

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NHhmcPPshEhQxgo7Cq1X8ZpcYHGGha0lUCtZwY3byaQ/edit#gid=1707238962
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What we know about MHXX

-Monster Hunter XX, or Double Cross, is basically the G version of MHX in everything but name.
-3DS exclusive, release date is March 18 2017
-Despite Tsujimoto's appearance in the Direct, Kojima's still the Producer for this title, so it is likely Monster Hunter 5 is still in the works.
-Two new Hunting Styles are confirmed, with only one properly revealed: Brave Style, which is built around buffing oneself by attacking continuously. Hunters will have a gauge ala the Tachi and Souken weapons that builds up when attacks are inflicted, and when full the Hunter is in a "buffed state" that allows for powerful chain attacks and swift dodges. The Brave Style Tachi play shows a blue colored outline for the Kiba bar, but it's unclear whether this is a change to Tachi as a whole or something exclusive for Brave Tachi. While only teased with a silhouette showing a Hunter lifting a barrel, it is widely believed that the second new Style will be themed around bombs.
-New Hunting Skills are confirmed but not yet revealed.
-Nyanters have been buffed and can now use "Just Evades" ala Bushido Style, as well as a "Step Jump" ala Aerial Style.
-New Field: 遺群嶺, Igunrei. A non-word made up of kanji that roughly come out to "ancient ruins" "group" and "peak." A newly discovered field in a mountain higher than any visited before.
-Old fields are teased to return too, looks to be older desert fields.
-G Rank Quests are confirmed, as is a new base for them, the 龍識船 Ryuushikisen, "Dragon" "Consciousness" "Ship".
-Berios and Bolboros from Monster Hunter 3 are confirmed to return
-Diablos is likely to return as well, considering he has a Two Name version now, 鏖魔ディアブロス, Ouma (Slaughter Devil) Diablos, who is described as the "Chief" of the Two Name Monsters.
-Other new title monster alongside Ouma Diablos is 銀翼の凶星 バルファルク "The Silver Winged Fellstar, Balfalk" who looks to have his own exclusive battlefield.

Why are these games releasing every 4 months and why are you people still playing them despite absolutely zero innovation

I mean Jesus I'm sure there's something better where you can put all that boring grinding time in

Because they are fun.
Any other questions?

Are you admitting to being mentally challenged?

I am not.

Sure seems like it

Constanza is so ebin xD

I haven't played since 3U, so it looks like a lot of innovation since then.

honestly? you haven't missed much aside from a ton of half-baked mechanics.
Like Apex monsters in 4
or the entirety of Gen/X

I know he's just shitposting for the sake of it, but it bewilders me that people honestly believe that.

I can't.

I would consider verticality to be a pretty important mechanic change. 4 did create a big gap between itself and the ones that came before it.

I would consider verticality to be a pretty important mechanic change. 4 did create a big gap between itself and the ones that came before it.

Thanks, spicycircles.

Just as autistic as minecraft except no mods and spending copious amounts of money every 6 months on the new game.

It looks like an updated version of the tower from MH2.Still not buying/pirating it after the shitfest that was MHX. Everything after HR 6 was just grinding through hyper monsters with huge health pools and the only 1 of the 4 new monsters was a decent challenge.
Not going to forget about the casualization of the game that is the style/arts system. It looks like MH is taking a turn for the worst and I should have seen this coming sing 4U with the mounting mechanic but I was just being too stubborn to see it at the time.

I'm guessing you feel double cross'd by capcom

I miss muh Shah Dalamadur IG.
I also miss my MASSIVE monster battles such as Dala, Gog and Mohran.
So heres my question:

What would 4U of been like with styles?

Yearly release cycles are massive cancer though
But at this point any fool buying the first iteration of a capcom game only deserves what they get
I'm still working on 3U, and by the time I mop up all of 4U and double cross the G version of the game after that will be out.

Gonna Sakura farm because I can barely move, pass is 8888

11-7983-6286-8273

Just get a funlance and all threats from them are instantly nullified.

MHX or MHG?

He asked X or Generations. As in, "are you on the Western servers or the Japanese ones?"

Your lack of comprehension is showing

I can honestly say i only picked up funlace 6 times and never touched it again along with:

I only use SA, GS, LBG, IG, CB and SNS in 4U
MHG i went LBG and HBG only.

I started with DB in 3U and picked up GL in G rank. In 4U I picked up IG and SA. Haven't enjoyed much else.

MHG

user…

I keep trying to get into all the weapons but my playstyle is an evasive one using the SA / IG with EE and E+1 made me pretty much untouchable in 140GQ's.
Eventually I could SA every monster in the game and soon SA became the only weapon i'd use.
Now its time for a change so i went LBG / HBG in Gen. Mainly due to that fucking camera angle

Went Bow in G1-G2 to get the monster movesets down and appreciated the extra distance to observe those new G rank surprises.

I will never go near or pick up Lance, Hammer, DB, GL, LS or HH again, my usage in MHG is zero for all? 1 or 2 maybe?

Well I guess it makes sense for a game repackaged with DLC at full price.

Honestly I will not be surprised if that January 12th Direct comes out and they show the games montage and MHXX is right there with them.

GAWD DAMMIT WRONG LOADOUT
no pickaxes ffs

It looks like every "arena" type stage to be fair, but the point being that it looks like it gets treated like a lot of "endgame bosses" do.

Agreed, but the way MonHun works, I'd say it's more like each generation is a single new title with maybe one side game by a side team (3rd gen had Portable 3rd, 4th had Cross) that gets a base release, then gets the real release with all the content later on in the form of the G game.

Pretty much yeah. Street Fighter's entire identity is based around this model.

The Switch isn't a viable platform for Monster Hunter at the moment, because it's not really portable - that tablet thing is not going to work on a train.

Well, MH didn't start out as a portable game, but that's splitting hair i suppose.

It didn't start out that way to be sure, but that's where it really took off, and that's basically where gaming as a whole these days is - the DS and PSP dominated 7th gen, and the 3DS and Vita have reigned over 8th gen with an iron first. There's a reason Nintendo's trying to turn their 9th gen home console into a portable machine, despite the fact they're being really dumb about it.

I hope to god monhun comes to the switch so I can stop killing my fingers on the 3ds. I don't deny my love for the portability but christ do I miss playing 3U all cozy and wrapped up while watching everyone outside my window digging their cars out from the previous snowstorm. The data transfer to my 3ds was cool for times I had to walk across town to my friend's place, not wanting to lug my wii u over.

The switch isn't viable for monhun in japan, but maybe they might release an exclusive edition for it in the west? Wishful thinking and for sure in the realm of "not happening" but if the switch gets a huge migration of the 3ds userbase then I will hold on to this dream.

Too bad the switch is gonna be dead on arrival.
Monhun on console will never again be a thing.

I think the switch will have a "dedicated" handheld version.
Mark my words.
Japan gives SO LITTLE of a shit about home consoles they'll force nintendo to do it.

Which is basically what's going to matter.

Not necessarily impossible, since the Wii U HD edition was basically the "America" edition despite not technically being exclusive. The Switch won't get any significant migration though, since it isn't actually portable.

Pretty much, the Switch will be dead for a couple years, then they'll release a "Switch SS" ala the DSi/3DS LL

Story time it

The TV option was fantastic for having my friends over. I played on the Wii U and they on their 3DS's, so I would blare the music from the TV and provide an extra viewpoint of what was going on for anyone who looked up at my screen. It was a great setup and I'd love to see them do something like it again.

Gonna trash some Deviant monsters. I've done almost none of these, besides some Lagombi hunts.

MHG
50-1953-7050-4317

Any specific ones?

Not really, I'm easy. Only have any progress on Lagombi, and the Rathian I just solo'd.

Is school on vacation in the West or something? Jesus christ there's been a lot of shitposting today. I mean I know it's likely just the horde of astroturfers, but still.

4chan is dying. Hiro started forcing unsafe ads and shit.

Goddamn, you'd think they'd just go back to Reddit if they hate video games this much

What's your favorite monster roar?
I'm pretty fond of Zinogre's, Rathian's, Tigrex, and Shagura Magala's
kiranico.com/audio/sound_effects/em048_vo_save_lrg.mp3
kiranico.com/audio/sound_effects/em001_vo_hoeru.mp3
kiranico.com/audio/sound_effects/em011_vo_bind01.mp3
kiranico.com/audio/sound_effects/em029_vo_bind.mp3

B.Tigrex

That's some dedication. I also like the screams they make when you're mounted and they try to shake you off.

I saw an entire 3 man noob squad arrmed with bushido get wiped out before i could even pop a full house 3 off.
Literally a 3 minute cart -n-fail.
Hadn't seen one of those since 140 Jho was a thing.

Oh, that explain why there has been more ads showing up.

So what are they going to call the new game in the west? Generations G?

Are there any promising new games announced for the franchise?
I started with MHFU, and played P3rd, Tri, 3U and 4U, and I loved all of them to death.
For whatever reason, Generations felt completely mediocre to play, and I'm not sure why. I think it was just too easy, and I didn't even have to half try to beat monsters. I realized that I was just button-mashing with a bugstick without even paying attention to timing, and still winning, and just stopped playing.

Is the series taking a nosedive into casualtown, or was MHGen just a bump in the road?

Is MHX really that bad people say it is? Or are they lying?

It's mostly exaggeration, really.

No, it just feels like a normal MH game with lower monster HP.

Not really, but in the ways of challenge it's pretty tame unless you consider keeping shitters alive part of the difficulty factor. Also there is an oversaturation of quests that are treated as urgents such as villager requests and deviant levels.

If you aren't interested in 100% awards then it's pretty okay. I myself am just doing all the village and guild quests and calling it quits. I am barring myself from doing all the deviants because of the bullshit progression their quests are presented in, and have only bothered to fully upgrade 5 sets. Not doing arena quests either, but I never bothered with that in any game.

When i finish everything of note, i think ill pick up 3U and play that until XX comes out. I hope XX fixes alot of the difficulty issues.

It isn't bad per se. It isn't much good either. There are so many flaws, not big ones, but they add up. I'll list some.

Too many quests are gathering quests. Too many key/urgent/request quests (those actually worth doing) have you fighting the same small set of monsters over and fucking over.
Deviant equipment is all over the fucking place in strength. Dreadking Armor is better than all other deviant armor sets. Hellblade weapons are better than most weapons. Hellblade Lance is the best weapon in fact. So people are mainly fighting Dreadking Ratholos and Hellblade Glavenus online. Silverwind Nargacuga gives the best Palico weapon but that's about it for other deviants. For MH "Generations" they really make you forget about the monster diversity and area diversity in fact.
The new area is bland. The old areas they most focus on were the worst ones. Better areas are locked behind high rank.
Styles are hardly balanced. It's often obvious for each weapon which style is the best.
Hunter arts are all over the place. The dodging hunter arts mitigate most of the skill associated with positioning and taking risks. A bunch of hunter arts are completely useless. Not to mention they have levels that just render the previous ones as obsolete.
The Switch Axe is best when you never switch from sword form. So it is neither an axe nor one which switches, unless you want to do less damage.
There's no attempt whatsoever at a story. It gets kinda dull going quest to quest for no actual in-universe reason besides wanting to be the very best.
Food system makes no sense. It was perfected in 4U. This system retains every ingredient you get and all the shittiest low rank recipes they make that you have to still navigate through after collecting all ingredients.
Monster intros are lazy and infrequent.
Great Sword was nerfed personal issue
Having 4 almost the same hubs is tedious and pointless.

Some good things:
Gathering can be done by holding the button rather than having to press each time.
No more farming Monsters for hours for their rarest drops. Rare drops aren't so rare anymore.
Charm farming method is pretty good. It's still a shitty chore that needs to be fucking overhauled so I don't need to waste so much time for half-decent charms.
Palico class is neat.
The 4 flagship monsters are all great.
They fixed the busted weapons in 4U, leading to a more even spread of weapon use.

These are the issues I hope XX fixes to get my purchase. That or a Switch port because I miss console Monster Hunter.

Judging from the "ha ha we made reference" level of writing, "Generation X" is a safe bet.

Tsujimoto's likely still working on Monster Hunter 5.

That seems to only be a thing in the foreign version, in X monster HP feels normal.

MHG monsters are way tougher than MH4U's monsters, but they deal less damage.

I was thinking the same tbh, I'm keeping my expectations low for any naming of anything concerning mh.
It's clear these people are utterly retarded and belong on the dole queue, not in charge of translating anything.

I would say to just not bother with foreignizations, you're only going to miss out on content and possibly get the difficulty knocked down to keep from alienating the Westerners.

being on handheld

Why would they move to a platform that doesn't sell?

Because they care more about delivering a better experience for their players, more than they care about sales.

Oh wait, MH is owned by Capcom, never mind.

You make it sound like being on a handheld is a problem somehow, especially when it's the handheld that's got the lion's share of the worthwhile games of it's generation as exclusives

They're a lot more fun than you'd expect.

I agree with all of these, but the dinovaldo and gammoth are bad fights. Raizex and Mitsu are pretty okay though.

Also you forgot to mention hyper monsters!
G-rank HP with high rank damage, another great design choice

Will MHXX unfuck the Gunlance?

I hope MHXX unfucks the Gunlance.

Nah it'll be fucked even more.

If you stay retarded - nothing will unfuck gunlance.

Please don't summon the-

THERE HE IS

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Diablos

Autism/social anxiety PSA:

For anyone doing sakura alone because he's afraid of being shouted at doing it online with others, don't.
People doing sakura online are in a semi-drugged autopilot mental state, they will barely pay attention to you, drop in, get charms, get some coal, they'll have probably finished the quest even before you manage to turn that shit in yourself, they chain clear that shit so fast you'll have a metric fuckton of money and charms in a single hour max.

As long as you don't do something monumentally stupid such as triple carting, nobody will care.

Yeah the claims that people are absolutely anal about sakrua charm farming is non-existent in my experience.

Just do the route, drop your coal in the box and head to area 10 & 9 to mine some more whilst you wait for everyone else to finish.

I can confirm. I didn't have a single bad experience doing sakura.

Is there any benefit to doing it online with people? The time it takes for a party to come together usually offsets any gain for me.

The amount of coal you need to collect is split between 2 or more people so it's faster in that regard as you need 12 coal but can only carry 10, so it saves some time spent running back and forth from the camp area.
I'd say as soon as a second person joins you, you go on the quest, as far as I can tell there's no benefit to having 3 or 4 people over just having 2 people, but if a 3rd or 4th person waits for you to come back from your quest you might as well take them on your second trip.

Just unlocked the Master's Challenge
How do I prepare for this, besides getting wystones?

You don't.

Bring smoke bombs though. They are your friend against the bullshit that is apex steve and diablos. Apex pickle isn't as much of a threat when the other two are dead. He's just more of an hp sponge where if you get licked once you get punished extremely hard. Especially since he's got the whole acid saliva if you don't feed him. I beat that shit with a GS without cats, was a huge pain in the ass but I'd say apex diablos was the most annoying part of that bout.

Should I bother attacking them if Drive runs out, or should I just farcaster out and wait?

You should be able to kill them in 1 apex break. If you are not able to do that, you are probably not prepared.
If you go the way of waiting out for drive to recharge, you are risking getting tired out later and timing out.

If you play too safe you'll actually run out of time.

So aggression is key
That just leaves me with more question:
Where do I aim my attacks in case Drive runs out? I think for Steve his legs ought to be squishy enough with out Mind's Eye

You won't believe me
LegsLegsLegs

I played MHX myself, and you're definitely alone in feeling that the monster HP isn't lower. With the exception of maybe the Deviant monsters, and those quests where the 4 flagships first show up, monster HP is noticeably lower.

Yeah it's all about taking care of steve and the diablos before the Jho shows up. Since I played HH at that time I had a really tough time with that quest. Horn just does not have fantastic damage output.

Wow, they really do have no health

That's bullshit
but I believe it

I think I'll have Dio will be around the health he would normally be limping at by the time jhojho spawns

I think the tip of Dio's tail is actual his weakes point.

Goddamn, it's like every single one of deviljho's attacks pin. The fucker effectively locked me in place until I was stunned. I swear the AI targets the cats only when it's inconvenient.

Wouldn't that be easy enough to test by, say, using the exact same GS loadout in X and Gen and counting the hits? Or comparing speedrun times? Speedrun times is quicker to check, probably, but quite prone to error, obviously. I'd have thought Kiranico or whoever would have datamined numbers.

I could probably do that. I have both MHX and MHGen on my system, and I could quickly transfer my save to check.

I really don't think there's any differences between MHGen and MHX though.

Deviljho is the monster that taught me to bring dung bombs on every hunt.

Are you fighting the Savage Jho because I've had that happen to me. Just bring dung bombs.

As someone that has hundreds of hours into LBG, HGB, and bow. I want to get into blade master, I'm thinking gunlance, whats a good gunlance to aim for in MHG?

Oh I've got the bombs of dung, I'd be crazy not to with two pinning montsters
It's just ridiculous that he can chain me into pins with a simply boop with his head immediately after I escape

I've done it boys
I got gud enough to not cart to Dio twice and that's all I needed for Jho. I was also pleasently presented with the fact that apex monsters can in fact be mounted. I don't know why I thought they couldn't but it seems to be a lie.
damn it felt good when I mounted apex jho. His hit box shoved me back onto the ledge, allowing another quick air attack

I made a set with over 1000 def, got my drive and defense wystones and tanked through it.

this may have not been as fun as killing a Zinogre with galick guns but the praise is making me just as warm and fuzzy

woah, that's possible?

Fully upgraded Hunter's GX with a +5 defense charm in each piece for Defense XL.

I meant decoration

I hear g rank Ukanlos hits like a truck. How would it feel under that armor?

The only thing that could possibly kill me was a Gogmazios. Everything else was smooth sailing.

Neat

On a side note it looks like that quest gave me enough gems to hone. I have no idea which one to get.

Honing for power left me with an ar of 1488

Depends on a playstyle you pick, however the rule of thumb is to pick one with the highest shelling lvl and slot number(need that artillery gem slots) until the endgame, where you have a choice of trading slots for HA boost.
1. Wide shelling with striker style. Extremely safe playstyle that lets you snipe wyverns out of the air. The bread and butter is charged shot that can be aimed by your moves. It's not as disruptive as people say if you aim it anywhere in the air. Even though it's a style that trades moves for HAs, there isn't really anything absolutely required here, but definitely don't go for dragon's breath. Recommended HAs: heal boost, dragon blast, fortress walls. Since you are likely to at least try the 2nd one, the skill set wouldn't really differ. You could potentially swap something for Bludgeoner and Mind's eye, but you are likely not going to.
2. Normal\long shelling with aerial. The true style of GL in MHX. Guard+2, artillery expert, load up, dragon's breath(Blast dash works as a substitute until you get higher levels) HA and felyne bombardier are required to make it shine the brightest. Your course of action would be: hop, hop,(you can also go in unsheathed, but you are likely not going too) block, jump, slam fullburst, sidestep, reload, repeat from jump step until monster runs far away. Both actual and mount damage are unexpectedly high. Decimates everything in village and excels at dealing with health sponges. Equally strong against everything that is on the ground, because fixed damage and not complex playstyle dictates a fixed pace. But, as long as you don't need particular parts broken or not expecting getting fucking devastated - there are better, more broken options in multiplayer.
Bushido is a weaker more technical alternative if you'll feel like it's too unfair.
3. Long shelling with guild. Outdated vanilla style that people still try to utilize in
The weapon didn't really work in a previous installment and now it has also been nerfed and outclassed. The point of the style is to ignore shelling as much as possible and focus on poking. But I don't see much benefit in ability to do fixed damage, while losing every other benefit the lance has(counters heaven with guard+1/2, ev+3 immortality, dash, shortcut to mounting, shield advance and enraged guard in mhx). So I honestly don't know why it's still a thing.

If you need general info neatly condensed then here you go.
Shelling greatly benefits from (from left to right in order of importance) artillery skill, felyne bombardier and load up, dragon's breath and blast dash work only if you are going for fullburst, otherwise ignore.
Outside of guard+1/2 and shelling skills nothing is essential to gunlance. Guard boost is a waste of points. Rajang's beam has been dodgeable since FU.
Wide GL is for paced charged shots, normal is for spamming fullburst, and long doesn't really fit in, since it could either be swapped for lance or used as a replacement for normal which usefulness it could potentially reach with a weird mix of load up and a switch of dragon's breath with blast dash(so an endgame gl set with focus on non hp sponge monsters which you shouldn't really have a problem with at that point).
Normal:
Blue devil opus(oo-) and Lagombi/Stonefist.
Wide:
Ancient Gyresmite(ooo and it spins) and Crystalbeard burst.
Long:
Tamarod sedition(oo-, white regenerating sharpness) and suck a dick.

why is charm farming a thing
I almost understand why people hack in charms

gunlance is one of the worst weapons in gen, im sorry user

Charms were a mistake.

Charms were the only thing I really disliked about 4U should have fixed it tbh.

no need to be sorry, I just feel odd playing something without amo

Using the Sakura method got me everything I needed for my current builds, but I dread to think what doing it properly would be like. Though I'll probably need to grind again if I decide to try anything that isn't Kirin armour with (Element) Atk+2 on top.

There should be some way to upgrade charms. Like, if you have two skills you like, you can dump materials in to raise the skill levels, and the higher it goes the rarer they need to be, until you're using Rathian Rubies and shit to make Attack XL and Evade Extender+2. Kinda goes against the RNG nature of the game, but they already give you tickets you can trade for wyvern gems just for playing long enough.

Have you considered trying dual blades or bug stick? Managing dash juice or essences could help with that feeling. SnS with its oils might work, too.

Bug stick seems like easy mode (not to mention how common it is) but the bug seems fun, Dual blades are my least played weapon of all time but I might give it a shot, anything is going to feel faster then my good ol HBG anyways

everything in gen is easy mode, IG was nerfed super hard from 4u

They've been nerfed a bit since MH4, and getting the triple off of some monsters takes weird trick shots. I use Adept bug stick, so I can't spam it, and I'm lucky to get two mounts in a hunt. Learning just when I can mount a monster and to time the triple up so I can spam the infinite while it's down is brutal. It's also really great for tripping monsters, like dual blades, and that's a great asset.

Why the fuck would you even

I don't get why that's worse than the other options. The long jump on aerial isn't nice enough to pass up the dodge, and the hunter arts seem designed to piss off friendlies. Though honestly, I mained bug stick in MH4U, and wanted to play adept, so I started with that and a couple hundred hours later my muscle memory is fucked. Sell the other styles to me.

the long jump makes crossing distance quickly super easy, and you dont have the uber gimped bug stamina. adept is honestly a crutch

I'll give it a go with Evade Extender some time

adept has made me way worse at positioning, im glad I stopped using it

Clearing out some pussy quests in MHG:

52-2354-8019-7382

YEEEEEEEEEP

Sakura method has done jack shit for me besides providing dosh.

MHX has been the worst game for charms since they introduced them. I've never seen so much worthless trash, not even when I had a sub-par charm table in MH3U (still wish they fixed that bullshit in a patch or something, come on Capcom). In MH3U and MH4U I could do some normal-ass mining runs and usually come out with some competent charms. No tricks or "methods" or any of that shit.

In MHX I just kind of gave up on ever getting a decent charm and ended up using whatever OOO trash I had that I could put gems into.

Shouda posted the Gunlace one m8.

「R O M A N」

NIKO LETS GO KONCHU BOWLING

I like adept but you sorta have to "switch" mentally from when you use it, to when you don't.
The best way i can describe it is how it feels when you're playing MH for a long time and then you play a Souls game, you have to mentally adjust to the different (and much more lenient) iframes.
Adept still results in you carting like an idiot if you don't know how to plan ahead the post-dodge run, ESPECIALLY against deviants that have a sequence of attacks that fucks you up because you dodge the first attack thinking it's your opening, but then there's a followup, i've seen people even in these threads having huge problems with that.

Charms in their current state are a questionable part of MH.
I personally think in terms of equipment elements in MH there's two things that need a massive overhaul:

-Charms
-Making every endgame set and endgame weapon equally viable in different ways, without resorting to clownsuiting and set mixing

It would require a MASSIVE amount of testing and rebalacing but it's really needed at this point.

Long is nice because the shell (and wyvern fire) goes a bit farther and does a bit more damage than normal. It also boosts wyvern fire's damage while lowering the cooldown a bit. It's more of a balance between poking and shelling while trying to get in as many wyvern fires as you can. Normal is the one thats more suited to poking since it has a lot of shots to extend combos. I haven't played with normal GL that much in recent games, but it seems unlikely that you'd be able to get off too many full bursts safely in a fight (without aerial cheesing).

I used to be hardgay for GL in FU and 3U but I slowly drifted away from it in 4U and simply refuse to use it in MHGen. Just something about the new terrain makes the thing next to unplayable for me. Also REALLY fucking mad about that 3rd poke the lance got but I'm trying to git gud with it because I still love the lance's counter and occasionally partake in evade lancing, but if it wasn't for the shield charge HA wich gives you a free dash I'm thinking I might've dropped it in general.

Also SA isn't fun anymore and I'm surprised jewcom was actually able to achieve that, bravo.

This is definitely the biggest problem right now.
The entire point of SA is to equally be divided in functionality between axe and sword, with axe having a slight pratical edge in terms of general combat, and sword having an edge when the monster has a big opening, for you to unleash.

Completely prioritizing sword over axe is the biggest mistake ever made and makes SA boring as shit to play.
It's especially painful for me as i mained SA for the longest time and if things don't change in MH5 i've basically lost a weapon permanently.

is the switch axe easy mode or am i just more accostumed to it?

CB is the ultimate easy mode.
SA in 3U was insane but you had to have the correct skills in order to make it insane.
SA in 4U was normal, easily overshadowed by how horrendously OP CB was.
SA in Gen incredibly OP, if used as aerial, but it's boring as fuck to play.

That's wrong.
A balance that in gen doesn't have any clear benefits. You are not good at shelling, nor at poking, wyvern fire happens so rare, that you make up for it with leaning towards any of the extremes and building your strategy around it.
I assume it worked in 3u because monsters weren't as fast and in 4u because it was the best option for utilizing the weapon with the insane sharpness on steve's gl. But not anymore.

Rightfuly so, because it's the worst weapon type of uuuu.
Well, it isn't bad, but yes, it's a lot different from how it was in older generations.
Dunno, I like it, as in, I like how it feels, not how it has a tendency to miss part of the attack.
And there is also an option for you in striker style, which reverts it to the old 3rd poke.
I believe it's the worst HA of lance. I don't know why would you trade HUGE dmg boost or a stylish attack for it.
I think with aerial it has enough mobility as it needs to have without the need to rely on that awfully stylish HA.

I know what you mean. I have been kicked from rooms and had people leave my own for the sole fact I was running guild style without having demon riot and energy charge. It doesn't happen as often as it used to but people just want you to minmax the fuck out of it or GTFO.

If you're playing MHGen then it pretty much has become easy mode if you're using said arts. You used to have to have these things called "skill" and "patience" to master certain weapons but not anymore I suppose.

To be honest this happens every MH.
In MH3U in certain hunts people kicked you if you weren't counter elemental LBG or just straight up heavy damage HBG for certain hunts (granted, this was due to people fucking loathing certain underwater fights and wanting to speedrun them, but still).

At a certain point in a MH lifespan everyone left becomes the biggest tryhard on earth and just wants everyone else to be perfectly optimized 100% to clear shit in 2 seconds or it's an insta-kick.
It's worse with japanese players, thus why the fact that in the western versions now we're "separated" from them is actually somewhat of a blessing during the later life cycle of a MH title.

You only like it because japan likes it. It's actually shit.

By the way, whats the actual damage boost red gauge gives you in X? I've heard 5% and I've heard 20% so I actually don't know if it actually did anything for GL.

Charm farming wasn't nearly as bad in the past because we didn't have a fuckton of skills. What if they just made charms an extra piece of equipment you can craft from monsters, or even just an equip with a lot of slots?

The problem with min-maxing endgame equips is that most of the time it boils down to getting the most raw damage out of your weapon. If they want more weapons to be used, they would need to reduce the importance of raw damage and boost the power of elemental instead. Otherwise you would just give every weapon that same stats.

Sword mode only SA was always better than axe mode, but HAs just made that difference retardedly large. Unlike CB, there's not really an incentive to switch between each mode since you can just reload phials.

I thought there was something besides artillery that reduced cooldown, I guess it wasn't the GL being long. Long GL did get fucked, although I think GL in general got fucked. Other weapons seem to have gotten a bit faster to compensate for faster monsters, but GL still seems slow and it doesn't even do a lot of damage to make up for it.

Yeah.
Well, at least have the additional option of getting the charm that you want that way, on top of the current system we have right now.

Basically what i'm proposing is more along the lines of having multiple endgame solutions.
Like have a weapon that sleeps way more times than it's possible otherwise with anything else in the game, and maybe it can do damage to the monster while it's asleep without waking it up until it wakes up naturally, but does less damage, have a weapon that paralyzes more and does extra damage when the monster is paralyzed, have a weapon that does REALLY STRONG poison damage and inflicts poison a lot but doesn't have huge base damage.

Essentially, give the players alternate, less straightfoward ways to do big damage to the prey that isn't straight up raw damage or elemental damage.
Each "alternate" solution should end up with more damage, but each weapon/armor set should go in a different way towards reaching that damage.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NHhmcPPshEhQxgo7Cq1X8ZpcYHGGha0lUCtZwY3byaQ/edit#gid=1707238962
Aerial and blast dash make up for that.
Assuming we ignore the aerial cheese in which it dishes a lot of damage, wide striker is great at dealing with flying wyverns and jho without relying on items. It's great at having more consistent high damage output while being extremely safe from harm.

Personally I'm not very fickle when it comes to elemental weaknesses unless it's G-Rank, as it can make the difference a 15 minute hell, or a 30 minute hell for example. However, once you get to high rank or G rank there is a certain level of common sense that I expect or I will kick you the fuck outta my room or bail on yours. With the advent of hackers in 4U, that happened a lot more than it needed to. Nice to see all those HR1-2s shitting up the elder hall and carting within the first few minutes with crimson fatalis gear because the faggot hosts are too pussy to kick.

I personally prefer raw and affinity over elemental counters, especially affinity.
In that sense if they keep skills like Critical Boost from MHGen onwards, building affinity based will finally be fun and effective as fuck.

I want a modern MonHun to be released on pc
The higher res models of the monsters would be fantastic

You are not going to get what you want because japan doesn't give a single shit.

I'll take being able to actually play the game over making it look purty

Neither Sony nor Nintendo are going to fund a MonHun game that isn't an exclusive. Combine with the fact that Capcom doesn't feel like putting in the effort/dough for a current gen MonHun game, a pc release is pretty much NEVER EVER

Sony actually might have funded a PC/PS4 monhun at one point. Not anymore though xbox has been doing such shit Sony doesn't even see them as a competitor anymore. They actually said the point of the PS4 Pro is to compete with the PC. So I don't think we'll get another thing like SFV where Sony funds a game that is PC/PS4 only. That being said though if the Switch is as powerful as the WiiU like people are saying and the MH5 is exclusive to that it should come with a significant graphical boost even though it's still behind the times.

I'm undecided if I think capcom is stupid enough to do a rush port job and claim it's a new entry or if they're just going to shit out Monster Hunter Triple X next year.

I don't even care if they just port the games over to PC without touching the assets at this point. I just want to play comfortably, on a large screen, at good (60 or higher) framerates, with a normal controller. I am getting quite sick of the under powered portable system that is the 3DS.

If MHXX isn't announced for Switch at their direct where they announce the price and launch lineup and stuff I don't see MHX making it to the switch.

It's not a main-series game, but it still shows that they aren't totally ignoring other consoles.

Okay he meant a game not so shit that people refuse to say it's part of the series.

You know how to fix how much stronger hunters players are slowly getting compared to the monsters?

Buff the fuck out of the monsters in terms of abilities and AI and give the most major ones the ability to literally combo you.

Even though I've heard that game is utter shit I'd actually be willing to play it if it came out in english. I'm not going through all that bullshit to set up an account though.

Apex

Can anyone please post some fun reaction images?

That depends entirely on the game having Frenzy as well as not just knocking them out of it with Wystones.

I told my brother I want to see a trailer where you see all the fancy news weapons and moves you can do then as the opposite to MH4U you see the monsters with their new moves just wrecking everyone's shit left and right. I want to see a trailer that ends with a not old, but familiar powerhouse like Brachydios hammering away at a careless hunter with fancy armor like the god Asura before launching them into the air then slamming them into the ground with both crackling pounders for a cart. My brother thinks that veers the game too close to towards action, but that feels very believable for a new mechanic to add more of a challenge and add more interactivity without QTE shit.

I'd like it if they included some of the non-"completely original monster that looks exactly like an existing monster except covered with spikes" monsters from Frontier and Online in a normal release. The main games don't have enough mammals or invertebrates.

Well XX has a rocket powered dragon so you might actually get that in the future.

I wonder what kind of attacks it has. I hope it has a pin where it concentrates all of the jets on its victim.

"Viable" is a loaded word. Running naked with a mediocre weapon is "viable". The problem isn't necessarily balance, but variety. I honestly think the elements and statuses are still just not good enough or useful enough to even consider most of the time. What's the point of having all these cool looking weapons from all these cool monsters if nobody uses them because +150 sleep and -800 raw isn't worth it.

Basically I think they need to make elements and statuses "worth it" more.

elements are awful design, they're only better than raw weapons against certain monsters making them feel less worth it to grind for

FUCK
i wanna play adept nyanta NOW

Fighting Akantor, MHG

55-6027-3466-7029

Pass is 8888

Well?

Okay well, all that boils down to is the boss just has fancier animations when they hit you. Or alternatively just 1 shotting you.
It's not really adding much

I explain what i mean by that here:

TL;DR: "viable" means "every endgame combination must reach the required damage needed to get shit done using different routes".

I wish more randoms knew that sleeping makes the attack that wakes it up deal *2 damage. And of the randoms that do I wish they would let me charge up my gs before the go detonating their bombs that either trip me or make me miss my attack.

9 times of out 10 randoms understand that you need to stop when the prey is falling asleep, but simply they can't stop mid-combo.
When it's starting to sleep, there's a window of error of…more or less 2-3 hits, maybe?
So if they're in the middle of a combo and they can't actually see it starting to get sleepy they won't be able to stop in time.

I've seen multiple rooms scream at each other and then break up because of this misunderstanding.
Usually smashing that ping button helps, it's better than nothing at least.

The sleep I want to take advantage of is always when they retreat to their lair. It takes no more then 20 seconds of waiting to ensure they are fast asleep

Binding a macro to "wait!" helps, in that case.
Ping+"wait!" should probably drive home the idea that you want them to stay put.

I'll see if that helps

It helps

9 out of 10 times I make a room titled [Sleep bombing] I have to yell at the retards to actually bring bombs. And there is always that one mouth breather that simply doesn't stop attacking.
n-no ingles /anglais

thankfully the chances of a random causing a monster to flinch when someone is mounted is a lot lower. I remember someone's excuse being that they couldn't help themself and that "fyi i hate bugs"

I wouldn't mind them scrapping generic elements and statuses and going full-fucking gimmick. They already do it for shit like Seregios weapons, why not keep going and give every weapon something that's ACTUALLY unique based off the monster it's made from rather than something painfully generic like "fire element". If you're not going to make their attack stronger, have them do other shit instead.

and the chaotic magala weapons

That's because now if you hit the monster while someone is mounting it, it actually helps them.

It fucks you up ONLY when the monster is trashing about, or roaring, but when it's trashing you get plowed if you get near it, and if it's roaring you're either dodging the roar, or taking the time to sharpen or whatever.
Any other time you attack it, you're helping.
A much better design than it was in the past.
Basically only people with earplugs hitting over and over as the monster is roaring can fuck you up now.

Overall from Gen onwards jesus is a mountain is becoming less of a problem thankfully.

Yeah i agree.
Basically

So you end up with the raw weapons, the affinity weapons, and then all sorta of monster-specific weapons that have a gimmick to them that requires the hunter to do a sequence of actions that ends up with them "keeping up" with raw and affinity hunters.
This would be a really good solution, for sure.

Hammer is very satisfying and imo the only weapon that makes it worth making out of Uklanos.
Stunning feels so great.

maybe each weapon could give an innate skill bonus? Like a rathalos weapon could give air resistance.

And how about this idea: instead of hunter arts, have unique weapon specific moves. Not an entire god damn moveset, but one or two variations or combos that no other weapon of the same type has. Not only are you augmenting damage, but you're also augmenting the actual playstyle in relation to the weapon chosen.

Eh.
In that case we'd have the same exact problem we have now, as in people would exclusively gravitate towards passive skills that increase damage in any way.
Ultimately the way MH is designed currently, the only thing people give a shit about is doing as much damage as possible.
So either you radically redesign the game, or create a system that allows EVERY weapon to find a way to do big damage.
It's better to work alongside the current needs of the players while opening up more options, than to give defensive skills they'll ignore, or trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yeah, that's a good idea.
It would diversify the weapons even more and give people a concrete reason to aim for a specific weapon over others.

Actually I like it because it's a less "concrete" reason to choose weapons. Instead of pure number crunching, you may like a particular weapon because it "feels" right to use. That, I think, is more important than min-maxing and doing DPS calculations because at the end of the day they're all viable. It also makes you like that weapon a hell of a lot more than when you were only considering the numbers attached to it – makes it more personal.

And it's similar to what dark souls does. Every weapon of a family has the same moveset at it's core, but has one or two unique moves to it.

Frankly i really wouldn't mind going the BB route.
Less weapons, but every single one of them with an unique moveset.
But we're probably far too late in the MH series by now, certain things are integrated too deeply in it's core design.

If we could go back to the PS2 era, i'd probably go this route instead of the one we have now, way less weapons per monster, but each weapon with it's unique moveset.
Focus resources and time on building up the "armory" adding new weapons each game with their own moveset, until we reach a decent amount of weapons for each weapon type, it would probably be WAY less than the numer of weapons we have now, of course, but they would all feel unique and distinct.

I'm cautiously hype for double cross.

For a stat based game like monhun, this sounds absolutley fucking awful.
In BB you can beat the entire game with starting weapons, in MH you can't without endgame armor sets.

You're not wrong but some starting weapons can be upgraded all the way to rarity 10. Wouldn't that issue cease if the moves were kept within that family?

Well…

This.
Less weapons, but each weapon can be upgraded to level whatever.
They get stronger, get more sharpness, but keep the unique moveset at a per weapon basis.

my eyes are poor and I can't afford a XL for the bigger screen, which sucks because I really want to get into monhun, it seems fun

You mean how in bloodborn most of the weapons felt and played the exact same way?

Naw in Bloodborne most of the weapons had a part that was the same as another weapons part. Anyone suggesting something like that for Monster Hunter each kind of weapon is so radically different. The you want each monster's weapon of each type to be different from the others? If they ever did that the weapon-type count would be sliced in half and there would at most be like 20 monsters in the game.

not really, the animations were different sure, but mostly it was just a damage type difference. The actual weapons were incredibly similar for a lot of the weapons. Sure there's a couple unique-ish ones but they suffer because from can't into weapons.
like the pile driver's one unique thing being that useless 20 year charge, and aside from that is just the saw cleaver with less range

Christ, it's like talking to a complete imbecile.

Did I overreact? I just really hate selfish hunters and think hunters that don't want to hunt like a team should just go solo. I know it's not the worst thing he could've of done but it sure did grind my gears.

If the animation looks a little different but the attack has the same timing and range as another weapon it's functionally the same weapon.

yeah, because animations being slightly different means that the weapon is totally new and plays differently.

Man I love when I get a new SMG in battlefield(tm) it's totally new and unique from the other 20 weapons that play the exact same because the animations are different!

Yes. Things didn't go your way for 2 seconds and you bitched out and ragequit on the spot. Hunting is a struggle and if you can't deal with struggle you shouldn't be hunting. You have no commitment and no sense of perseverance. I can't even begin to count how many hunts me and my party have successfully finished after someone carts twice.

If you were playing gen, very yes.
If you were playing bigguy, yes.

Isn't Gen the foreignese version of Cross? Does that mean they reverted mounting to how it works in 4? Because that's fucking bizarre, and sounds like more effort than a foreignizer would put in, and in the opposite direction.

I'd do the same, there is no logical answer why was he attacking the monster while it was being mounted.

This is not a mistake, this is outright griefing

No I was referring to the fact that if he quit midhunt because a hunter was attacking a mounted monster in gen/x he's an idiot and should feel really autistic about what he's done.

godamnit I thought we fixed this shit, firetires.

But I mean, he said he quit because the other player attacked the monster and made it flinch, thus knocking him off, which should only happen in 4 and 4G, not X.

he shouldnt bother helping shitters like that though

If your attitude going into a hunt is

Then you probably shouldn't have tried to hunt online in the first place.

It wouldn't even be stretch to say this was some foreigner carried so far into the game he didn't know basic mechanics.

But user said finished the quest solo. He willingly made it harder for him, doesn't that mean he does know perserverance?

Disregard fagenablers, you dindu nuffin.

You are the reason unrepentant shitters make it this far into the game.

If he admits to making it harder on himself by soling then he admits that he wasn't carrying the other person, since clearly the other person was helping him. If he insists that it wasn't made harder for himself, then by choosing to play online and then ragequitting he has misunderstood the purpose of playing online.

The one with poor etiquette was the one who staggered the mounted monster. Reading comprehension.

Yes, you should look into that.

Even if he was carrying, multiplayer gives monsters a bigger defense than single player. It would be harder either way, not in the sense that he couldn't handle it, but reduced damage and whatnot.

This is completely and 100% false.

Hey guys remember those fags ragequtting during a botched sleepbombing attempt?
>Getting dismounted by nubs. educate before you hate m8, tell em afterwards in the lobby and get used to it happening alot

Asshats quit over tedious shit like this even if it didn't result in a cart leaving us a man down, fuck these faggots.

I'm pretty sure the guild hall reduces your damage more than caravan quests do.

I've been in groups that have done worse than this guy. I remember once I was doing 140 gq where I was carting in one hint and we were trolling each other by randomly throwing flash bombs. I've been on the receiving end of bad team work plenty of times, but something about this guy just pissed me off.

Guild hall quests have HP and damage buffed, yes, but it has nothing to do with multiplalyer. They have the same health if you're playing solo as they do when you're playing online with 3 other people.

A failed mount or a failed sleepbomb doesn't mean quest failed, it just means the hunt is going to take longer.

I won't demonize people quitting, it's within their rights and if this happened in multiple hunts in a row it can get frustrating, however in my opinion, completing the quest and getting it done before quitting is the correct course of action.
Especially if you're starving for specific parts, it's better to finish the job and THEN quit, you gain nothing from ragequitting on the spot, it's silly.

Here are the Famitsu scans covering MHXX.

Still no concrete information on the "bomb style", huh?
Also is the airship the new guild hall, or the new "main village"?

I'm neutral about Barioth returning, i hated him in 3U simply because he was placed in a very specific way so that by the time you were fighting him, you had a weapon that would bounce off him a lot, while at the same time you'd need mats from him to upgrade it, it was kinda frustrating.
Once you got past the hurdle he was fine, not one of my favorite fights but not diablos tier terrible either.

C U T E
U
T
E

Does this mean there'll be a flying Mohran?
I hope so, generations was sorely lacking in monsters you could climb around on

The cats wear human clothes and the humans wear cat clothes there's something wrong here

But bullets don't bounce user…
Muffled cheeki breeki from area 2 on frozen seaway

Looks like CULTURAL APPROPIATION to me

Basically, though they do call it "Renkin Style" which is most likely 錬金, or "Alchemy." My bets are on it being less a bombing style specifically and more an item/combining focused style, though like as not as a result will buff bombs as well.

Both. It's going to function like that one village that they added to 4G with High Rank solo-only quests and G Rank.

She's the little sister of that annoying Nekomusume who did the idol song ending in X. In before the cinematic for finishing the High Rank campaign is them doing a duet or some shit.

I hope they revamp his moveset, yet again. I would like him to use those spikes on his wings and to get rid of his stupid hipcheck tat doesn't look like it belongs on that set of bones.

Jesus

Watch some vids (can't link em here, the main vid is by gaijin), it actually doesn't deplete that much health.
It's kinda interesting in the way it works, it's very aggressive.
It's sorta like Adept where you're constantly on the monster, but you don't have the safety of Adept.
It's like a counter based version of Adept.

God damn this pickle.

How would a foreigner get their hands on footage of a game still in development? But yeah, if it depleted a significant amount of health it'd be practically unplayable unless they have it do something like it not dropping you below 10 HP… but then other people could abuse that with the Armor Skills that boost damage output and the like at low HP.

Also, the page of the Famitsu that didn't get scanned confirms that all 14 weapons are getting new Hunting Skills.

Capcom did a follow up stream after the direct, duh.
He reuploaded some of the footage on his own channel doing a small analysis.

Expeditions were a mistake.

After years I finally get a use out of pic related.

You're completely right. The moment the game told me that jho was getting bored I knew it was over.

OK, but nothing not publicly available then, got it.

It gets worse

You had an easy expedition m8.
A 3 zone shitshow of separation and elimination, how would of you of handled mine?
And yes i killed them all for that sweet 10K+ caravan points.
10 dung bombs wasn't enough

Remember in 3U when you could do a 5 monster free-hunt and didn't have to worry about shitty randomly generated areas or 15 minute fuck-off timers?

Sounds like it's time to make hunting great again.

I expect nothing less than a complete and utter shitting of the bed. It's easier this way
Just wondering if they manage to fix SA.

Being able to free hunt in any established map would be great, and with forecasts you could always be sure of something cool to hunt somewhere. Shouldn't be a huge deal of work for what it adds, either.

I have become speed.

CUTE

record it

Switch port will be anounced on Game Awards this year.

I keep telling you people, don't get too hyped for the switch port.
The WiiU port of 3U was absolute fucking dogshit.
Making good ports requires effort, and capcom doesn't like putting effort in anything.

I think it's much more likely we'll get a proper switch MH title with MH5 (assuming the switch won't have a separate, portable focused version, in that case you already know where capcom will pour their efforts in), the switch port of doubleXtripleH will very likely be an absolute shitshow.

Speaking of wii u mh3u, is my controller broken or is the y button dodge? I have to hold it down for a second for it to put away my weapon.

Something is seriously wrong with either your game, or the controller, it shouldn't work that way.

Prob the controller then. Dont buy those transparent controllers with the lights. Theyre awful.

It might not be complete shit it might get bumped back up to 60FPS or maybe fix the FOV fuckery.

No, you still don't get it.
The problem with the WiiU version wasn't just the framerate, it was the input lag.
You can adapt to a lower framerate if the input is in line with the framerate, it's impossible to adapt to input lag and it will always, no matter what, feel impossibly shitty.

People that say that they would be ok with the port at any costs if it's 60fps have no idea how this shit actually work, if it's 60 fps but it has input lag the 3DS version remains the de facto best one because input lag makes video games IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY AS INTENDED.
Not only that, when it comes to japanese games, they tie core functions and scripts to the framerate.
So if MHXX is developed with 30fps in mind, and you do a shoddy, lazy port bumping it to 60, unless you're very careful and fix the scripts (and capcom isn't careful, and they don't give a single shit) shit will begin to break and become glitchy.

In those cases you'll start to get shit like monsters doing the same move over and over again, hitboxes becoming wonky as fuck, and much more.
There's 6000 million things that can go wrong with the port, and capcom is famous for doing incredibly lazy and shit ports.

Personally, i don't think the MHXX port will be any good and instead the first "as intended" switch MH title will be MH5.

Assuming 5 even comes out for the Switch. At this point I think it's too far into development to be a Switch title, it's more likely going to be a 3DS installment.

This has nothing to do with japanese devs it's just something lazy devs do. Japanese devs tend to do it a lot because they really only develop for consoles which if you build the game right you should not have to worry about the framerate shifting. However MHX (and I'm assuming XX) is built on the MT Framework engine which was designed to be multi-platform. Most of Capcom's PC ports are games built on MT framework and they're all decent ports. I actually don't remember MH3U having input lag, but I didn't play the port that much. Although the Wii U itself I think had input lag issues. I cannot play any of the virtual console games on that thing because the input lag makes them completely unplayable to me.

Thus why people associate it with jap devs.
It's not rocket science why i made the association.
No.
Each VC game is it's own unique thing, it depends from title to title.
For example i played a lot of GBA VC games on WiiU and they didn't have input lag, however it's possible that other, specific GBA games might have it if the emulator or the rom they're using isn't very good, or other problems on other emulated systems on VC.

If you're european, instead, nintendo prepared for you an ADDITIONAL problem on non-handheld games on VC, that isn't going fucking anywhere, and will persist on the Switch.
Unless you're EU, there's no reason for me to go even deeper into what they fucked EU classic home console games on VC with, so i won't explain it in this post.

G rank teo is kind of pissing me off

Why? you got suckered into jumping to his Novablast?

No I avoid that, he just triple carted me two hunts in a row.

Why is plesioth the worst monster in every game?

Even plesioth's armor is horrendous, i don't understand why Capcom keeps bringing him back. The same with Rathian and Rathalos.

Because it was designed by Satan himself, while he was also designing los on the side.

I just did a couple of hyper plesioth, actually.
It's even worse.
I actually had to do it three times because it's one of those stupid ass quests where it only counts if you host it.
First time it was a full party and we smashed his cunt no problem, second time we went in 3 and a stupid gunner kept carting over and over so everyone just left.
Third time i went in 3 and finally took him down for myself.
What a piece of shit, honestly, it'll never stop being a piece of shit.
In it's hyper version he'll do this stupid fucking thing where he starts an hipcheck, but then won't complete the cycle, he won't do it a second time.
He'll waste SO much fucking time with the stupid ass water beam, he's not even hitting anyone aside that poor bastard that had the misfortune of getting stunned.
Unless you have a SA he's just such a pain in the ass overall, so unfun.

They're iconic, they're always gonna be in.

Well, i wish the King and Queen would abdicate.

I was thinking the other day that with the new double note mechanic, healing with horns can be extremely effective.
Like, you're healing 2, or 4 times, depending on the horn, with a single encore.
I mean that still doesn't mean you should be an healbot or anything, but healing has been buffed quite a bit with this change, i don't think many people catched on to how much more effective it is compared to past MH titles.

Mostly because everyone is focusing on the usual attack up L and stamina negate L (as they should), but some of the horns with stamina negate L also have heals on them…go check em out with the double notes while you're at it, you'll be surprised.

Look, there is a problem with HHs in gen,
user, it's troublesome to do buffs and heal
when you have to stay several areas away
from the head.

Definitely a great asset. I was hunting some Hyper monsters earlier, and a HH was popping heals periodically. If you can keep it up and the other three trade aggro, you only need to heal if you get stunlocked. That means no sheathing weapons, and you can tank a tap to get a good hit in, which does wonders for dps

The DPS shouldn't be getting hit in the first place though.
It's like saying "oh everyone should bring lifecrystals and party heal items". Yeah you can, but it's just enabling honhon.

Also it's the only way to make the double note system not completely pointless. Honestly the double note is a completely worthless addition.

I'm happy that they buffed SnS and Bow so much but why did they have to completely and utterly fucking destroy the HH, Lance, and GL?

MHXX pls fix.

4U was my first Monster hunter, so when I got to Plesioth in Generations I was most surprised by how fucking HUGE it is. I was expecting something closer in size to a Cephadrome, but it's just goddamn gigantic.
That's my biggest problem with it, not the hipcheck or the swimming; it's that it's next to impossible to hit anything other than its legs.

Don't forget about the incessant flopping around. Weaponized fun-denial on two oversized legs, is what that fish fag is.

At least it doesn't get the unlimited distance homing wiggle charge that Hyper Lavasioth gets, Jesus fucking Christ. You manage to dodge it, it just hits a wall and arcs back towards you before you can dodge again.

I disagree on it being useless, i find it the single best addiction to HH in years.
With the double note system you buff everyone in 3 seconds and keep it up in even less time, you can spend the rest of your time actually hitting shit.
Sure the damage and ko aren't great, but the fact remains that buffing time has been cut down noticeably.

The fact that you do no damage means the HH is basically useless for anything BUT multiplayer hunts. Solo hunters got fucked.

HH was ok in solo but never the main weapon for solo.
Making it more viable for multi makes sense.
I mean obviously it's damage and ko need to be buffed again, but saying that the double note system is useless, or a bad addition, isn't fair at all, it's pretty fantastic.
In my mind it was always a multiplayer focused weapons.
It CAN become viable solo again sonce they buff the damage and ko, something that will no doubt happen in MH5.
But since they'll also retain the double note system, it'll now have damage, ko, and additionally fast as fuck buffs, so it's a good addition no matter what.

Dude you should be playing songs a ton, it's your most damaging move.

Now you can play songs a ton and also never miss buffs because they're constantly up as they're faster.
So you're more flexible in your moveset, you've got more options and more freedom to move about and reposition, less stress on the buff upkeep (not that it's especially difficult, but it's beneficial to the entire hunting group to make HH buffing faster, there's really no downsides from that angle).
Again, keep the double note, buff the damage and ko, and HH will be great again.

Except for a good HH player it does basically nothing outside of the your first song. Double note adds nothing especially in the face of such a horrible nerf.
It makes the HH easier to play, and that's all it does, if you're a good player it's near useless.