That one game that you really liked but never got a sequel

What's her name, user?

It seemed like a sure thing to me, too.

The prequels were pretty good at least, they could have done a lot worse.

I don't think he ever got to bury those two motherfuckers.

Coming right up.

Fuck man don't get me started.

The World Ends With You

Remember when that countdown showed up? And we all thought it was going to be for a sequel? But instead it was a fucking iOS port that ripped out half the game? And it ended with a teaser image of a character that never appeared in the game? And then Neku, Shiki and Joshua had a cameo in that one Kingdom Hearts game?

With the death of the 3DS imminent I guess we'll never get a proper sequel. Damn shame, modern Square Enix had no right releasing a game this good.

There are a couple of games I'd like to see get sequels.

I actually really didn't care much for Legend of Dragoon, but it's only a matter of time before someone posts it.

Interesting controls, nice atmosphere, reasonably challenging.

I need more Tarantino action with more obscure rockabilly music in my life, but alas, I get Skyrim 2 instead. Thanks, Todd.

Damn this is a good game. I wanted a sequel so bad.

Glad it's not being remade on modern terms, although I wouldn't mind some kind of graphical update made by a fan or something.

I wish Sega would work with ArcSys to make a new Comix Zone using the GG engine for graphics.

Fuck yes.

Better than GitS games.

Its like you want it to be desecrated
There have been more bad sequels than good ones in general

I'm not even a yank.

With the artstyle Half-Genie Hero has and Blood Rayne Betrayal and Batman:Brave and the Bold, I don't really want Comix Zone to look like that. That feels cheap, like a flash game. The games play fine otherwise.

It almost happened too.

dino crisis fan here
can confirm

dino crisis fan here
can confirm

Would you prefer the arcsys high-weeb visual style then?

Both companies would do the gameplay well. ArcSys does well with fightans, Wayforward can make beat em ups fine. I just don't want it to look like Ducktales Remastered. You're seriously going to tell me that things equal, you want the lower production visuals for a game based on a medium that is nearly exclusively about visuals?

I really rather for it to not have a sequel at all unless it is mostly unrelated to the original. The original ended good and it should stay that way. Say, another game starts in shibuya or any other city that have little to nothing to do with the original story maybe with the exception of Joshua.

Also, it wasn't a cameo, they acted as main characters of the world, even if it wasn't an square eni world, also, Rhyme and Beat appeared in KH 3D too.

It could use an HD remake like the Resident Evil ones. Still, no Resident Evil 2/3 HD.

This. I'm sure gameplay-wise Shantae will be pretty good, but one of the best things about all their predecessors was graphics. You could argue Shantae was always cartoony, but the sprites were always somewhar sexy, the new art style doesn't look that good, in fact, it looks like a cheap flash game, and I would rather high-weeb visuals over that.

Anyone who thinks visuals aren't important in Shantae is delusional.

I replayed Recettear and was disappointed to find out it wasn't very good

never cared much for golf, but the spritework in neo turf masters is amazing

My #1 favorite game.

Speaking of Half-Genie Hero, fuck my order isn't coming until December. Suffering.

RIP Gimick, never to see an official US release.

It would be nice for Hopoo to have some years of experience and then revisit this game. I had so much good times with this shit.

Metal Fatigue.

I'm glad that Skies of Arcadia has no sequel. It's such a perfect self-contained tale that trying to add anything to it would only sully the good memories.

Planetside is it's spiritual successor.

The gameplay's alright

That game wasn't terribly fun from what I played. If anything, I'd want SNK to do a crossover fighter in the style of Power Stone or other 3D brawler.

Now I'll never know what happened when Gillian went to Moscow. Thanks Konami.

If games never got sequels, even after shitty ones, we would have never gotten Devil May Cry 3. Although I get your point, few games could do that nowadays.

It's not even Skyrim 2. It's a just fucking Skyrim with better textures then the original game. That are still not as good as fan made texture mods. The only way they could have been lazier about milking Skyrim for ever last possible shekel is if they has just rereleased it, called it a remastered version and changed literally nothing. Worst part is that you just know there are people that bought the original and still bought rerelease.

The mechassault series, i remember enjoying the first one more than the second lol what 3rd DS game

Brute force, it felt like mass effect 1 meets star wars

Zelda II for me. Yeah yeah, lots of Zelda sequels, blah blah, but not sequel to Zelda II. Side-scrolling sword-combat and overworld exploration is fucking comfy.

Still the best Final Fantasy game ever made.

The closest the N64 got to Metroid and it's damn fucking fine too. Aside from the typical problems with Rare character designs and hardware limitations.

Klei please stop making fucking trash like don't starve and O2 not included and make more stuff like MoTN or pic.

I be honest ggxrd is on a different level of 2D/3D graphics and animation than ducktales remastered.

My nigga

my pain is infinite, even if it does get a sequel it'll probably be a shit show without kojima metal gear survive is evidence of that

There are countless games that I love that never got any sequels but this had the most potential, with a bit of sequel refinement this could have travelled a similair path to the Hitman games.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R

Mankind Divided fucking sucked shit, you nigger

We get enough shit made by cucks with niggers already

I came here to post this and perfect dark.

Human Devolution was shit too, basically just a prettier Invisible War.

Who the fuck comes up with these names? It's like a bunch of words that don't mean anything put together.

I'm aware, but won't acknowledge it.

see

My nigger. That's the game that came with my NDS.

did lolifest company just stop making games?