Mecha Thread

Since the only decent mecha games coming out lately require you to use proxies, what are some decent mods for other games that let you respect the robot?

Other urls found in this thread:

minimek.sourceforge.net/RogueMek/
armaholic.com/page.php?id=25549
forums.bistudio.com/topic/167035-wander-panzerwap-mod-for-arma3/
archive.is/bCNln
archive.is/1AuMi
archive.is/31rca
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Imhbob52OPX-9uKILp_W72_lUwOPrvHL84xws2Fb3cA/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well Arma 3 has a Front Mission mod, it's based on a tank model though so the physics with it is pretty wonky.

I am intrigued.

Mechs are always good. Especially westernmech.

Though, I've recently started getting into the MSG lot. Zakus are nice, too.

ZIEG ZEON!

I fugged up.

Eh. It still works aight.

Bitch, don't make me stomp on you.

What did I ever do to deserve this?

What do you anons think of treads?

Bitch, you ain't fast enough to stomp me.

Come on now, we all know you can't outrun a laser.

The real kicker is that I actually like the mech design in Titanfall, I just wish they weren't stuck in a shitty Call of Duty clone.

Also, Code: Hardcore seems neat. A bunch of chinks are making a spiritual sequel to Assault Suit/Metal Warriors.

A tank is fine too.

Don't the mechs in Titanfall have emotions or some ZoE-tier shit like that?

Can't shoot behind you, loser

Oh, user

Good luck getting a lock on something that moves faster than you can track

can you faggots make an actual match and see who wins?

In truth, I'd probably never get through his armor anyway. Even if I did manage to get behind him.
Now if I had a squad of five other locusts…

user that's a Timber Wolf mk2 and I'm pretty mean with linked gauss rifles. Screw a squad, you'd need four lances of 1xmedlas locust to stop me from laughing.

The freeborn scum can lodge a formal challenge rite if he thinks he's up for it.

Closest you'll get:
minimek.sourceforge.net/RogueMek/

How small can a mech be before it isn't a mech any more?

I'd personally stop classifying it as an exoskeleton or armored vehicle after it gets 2 stories or higher.

armaholic.com/page.php?id=25549
forums.bistudio.com/topic/167035-wander-panzerwap-mod-for-arma3/

It's an old mod and it's last update was like, 2015, but basically you can put Wanzers in the game and control them. They skate, shoot, lock on, all that jazz. You can set it up with multiplayer with all your friends or just some random shmucks in an online match and either duke it out mech to mech or have a simulated fight with a Wanzer vs whatever.

I could probably go a bit smaller, since I'd say most any walker is a "mech" rather than vehicle. Still, seems fair. I'd give it to the size of a small house, perhaps.

I'm playing gundam breaker 3 and i want to know 2 things:
do you get all the parts/mecha through story or are there parts that you can only get through derive merge?
i'm in late chapter 4 and i still don't have a single MG part how do you unlock them?

You'll know it when you see it, otherwise you'll suffer from the typical case of Sorites Paradox.

I miss Dolores.

I don't think they have emotions in the traditional sense. There's a line in the first hour or so of singleplayer where when you pick up a new titan prototype weapon, the MC jokingly asks the titan if it's in love with the gun and the titan explains how the human concept of love is based on admiration, attraction, devotion and respect and that based on that it's 50% in love. There's also some stuff where a titan has a clear strong bond with the pilot but so far it hasn't seemed any sort of crawling in my skin type stuff and more that the titan acknowledges a good pilot and respects that and can express that it's unhappy to lose a skilled pilot.

I've really liked Titanfall 2 so far from the few hours I've played of it

What do you mean by "crawling in my skin type stuff"?

Single player isn't fast enough, multiplayer is bordering on too fast

I want the smart pistol as a primary again dammit

I'm almost certain the devs said the Titans were sentient back at E3.

It actually released?

It came out yesterday, I think.

Wow talk about lack of advertisement. Never saw or heard anything about it. Though am in Europoor, may not have been advertised here

archive.is/bCNln
archive.is/1AuMi
archive.is/31rca

Titanfall crashing with no survivors?

Not surprised, nobody liked the first game. It died shortly after release.
I've no clue why they released a sequel to a lukewarm success.

I thought Titanfall's first release was okay. I am shit at shooting small targets so when I got to try out the free weekend I would just parkour everywhere and smart pistol grunts to get my Titan ASAP and start blowing stuff up. When I realized the Tital could fight on his own sometimes I wouldn't even enter him and use him as a distraction while I rodeo'd enemy titans for quick destructions. First time in years that I actually gave a shit about a shooter but not enough to deal with EA's crap. It is trying something different but the lowest common denonimator doesn't want different, it just wants to pay premium price for a rehashed version of their old games.

The release date alone proves they don't have much faith in it. Or they think you are walking banks

Allowing gooks to fantasize about our mechs was a mistake.

Like "oh no my pilot died i'm going to stand over his body in the rain and scream at the heavens and go on a revenge spree" type stuff.

get good. and the singleplayer can be plenty fast. it comes down to how good you are at the movement.

You don't have to be an analyst to see that they threw this one under the bus. Really the worst time to release. It doesn't really affect the quality of the game in my opinion and the general opinion seems to be that's it's a pretty good shooter. They said all map DLC would be free so I imagine it'll always have a small playerbase either way and the value of the game will go up as they release more stuff I guess.

Did any anons ever get the MP on this work?

you could put an ant in a robot and it would be a mech

Because your precious battletech didn't steal a ton of macross designs at all, no sir.

the point is that mecha is kind of a gay word

It was a term coined by the west as well, considering battletech refers to them as BattleMechs.

that doesnt make it any less of a gay way to say mech. mecha is the katana of robots

- Titanfall dev

BT is best mech

RIP BT

SIEG ZEON

Is the single player campaign worth anything?

It's short but gives a pretty nice story between Jack and BT.

HAVE YOU PRAYED TO MECHA THIS MORNING?

I've got two missions left to finish but so far it's been pretty fun. The story is kinda whatever but the levels themselves are fun to play and the movement is great up to the point that I could see myself replaying the campaing just to hunt for collectibles and to mess around. They mix it up with a lot of gimmicks and cool level design twists that keep it interesting. There's some good titan-pilot bonding as well if you want a robot bro. Overall I think it's a bit better than your average modern shooter campaign which puts it just around worth playing instead of totally dismissable. I wouldn't buy the game for the singleplayer. Definitely worth a pirate if you can. I don't remember the last EA game that was worth playing and pirating so I have no clue what the state of Origin cracking is.

Are there any mech games for PC that I can run with my HOTAS and oculus DK2? I really liked mechwarrior, and slightly faster stuff like the mechs in Lost Planet 2. If I have to use pic related I'm probably not interested.

Someone should make a game set in the Lost Planet universe where you can pilot anything from the low-tier VSes up to the huge stuff.

Isn't titanfall a mech game?

It's less of one than Lost Planet 2 is. Mechs are there, but they're more a temporary powerup, instead of the point. It's like saying F.E.A.R. 2 is a mech game.

Titans play just like Shooty McSoldierPerson but two stories high. I'd say it's the least mech a game featuring controllable giant robots can get.

I love being able to post this.

Yes and it's gotten fucking old as well

I wish them a painful and humiliating death.

Mech was a west thing from the beginning, battletech or not, silly weeb.

That's the joke.

BTW guy trying to do Ghiren's Greed UMP rush with the addition of taking odessa;

After several restarts (all from the PSP falling and the battery popping out) I'm making some headway this time and remembering to save. About to finish the plans to the R1 Zaku II

I tried asking this in the other thread but no one answered so i'm asking again:
When do you unlock mg parts in gundam breaker 3?
Are there parts that can only be crafted and not bought/drop?

3 eats a fat dick in that MG parts are only unlocked after beating hte game and playing NG+

you get higher level MG parts in NG++ which is called newtype mode.

Bummer. Aside that, should i switch to 2 or 1 or is 3 overall better?

Madcats make me hard
It's a shame mwo is abolute garbage

1 is bare bones, you'll end up having to grind for parts you want big time, 2 is an improvement from 1, but you only get 1 of each part

I pre-ordered 3, and while people joke about pre-ordering games, you can't fuck up a gundam game because they're typically upfront about what you're getting.

3 takes the systems from 2 and improves upon it by letting you merge part abilities, so if you want the Turn A's repairing nanomachines on a Zaku II you can do that. there is a lot more freedom and part rarity can be upgraded in 3 by combining parts. (say you want a blue guncannon arms but you only have them in white rarity, just use a green and then a blue to upgrade them).

the paint system is also heavily improved.

The downside to 3 is you're gonna need a PS4 or a vita, there is no difference between versions aside from graphics, and vita DOES chug when here are loads of explosions on screen. On the plus side you don't need PSplus to play online

So you're saying you want to be FUCKING MADCATS

In a way, yes

I recently tried playing MW3 on my current rig, the sound simply wouldn't work with my sound card, although the game itself ran fine.

Sunder was always my favorite mech, years ago when i was probably in middle school or something I had built a custom config for it that was absolutely broken. I mean broken as in I could walk through every single level unscathed, melting every enemy who showed its face. I wish I could remember what I did with that build, I practically broke the game with it. All I remember is having a huge pulse laser and a small laser combined with some accessory weapons.

Sounds like you made a pulse laser legger build. Taking out a leg in MW3 would insta kill a mech and also a good way to get a lot of salvage.

I just finished the campaign and you should look at the post credits screen with a little more care

01001010 01100001 01100011 0110101100111111

Nigga they won't ever do a Starsiege game or Earthsiege game cause Tribes players don't respect the robot.

I pick you specifically to ask this question to, user. Do you think politics shouldn't affect video games?

fuck off CTR

although that emphasizes how mechs rule the battlefield.

Was he autistic?

I hardly ever see anyone mentioning Mech Warrior Living Legends in these threads, but it seems to be quite a good game with everything you could possibly want mixing infantry with tank and mech combat.
Is there some inherent flaw with it?

Also, for a guy that wants to start playing Mech games, which would you recommend as the default "start here" and what to play after that one?

I just want a fast paced third person arena shooter transformers game

It's dead Jim and unbalanced due to rushed final patch

That looks like it would be terrible to use as the gamepad.

Yeah it is, at first I figured you'd have your index fingers will be the ones to push the buttons while it's cupped in your palm and middle finger, but your finger can't really move so far in that position and I don't know how comfortable that controller would be held upside down because I also realized when considering that option is that the size of a controller vs the size of a mouse and that thing might actually be really small compared to the average size of a controller.

To add onto the insult, the gave out starsiege/earthsiege for free but didn't bother adapting it to modern systems

That fucking three dimensional penis in the center

No wonder they thought gaymers would buy it

UMP rush update
Dom rush commissioned and at tech level 7, tech level 11 is when we get UMP.

Federation has started production of the standard GM ontop of GM ground types, Guntanks, Guncannons, and Guntank (MP). Two Gundam types encountered and destroyed so far.

Odessa is being held but I dunno how long I can hold it with just Zakus and whatever ground based MS I ship down, production of a handful of Doms was started to boost defense, some F type Zakus in space upgraded to F2s to better hold out.

Full Tilt Chaos alignment ATM while I try and scrounge up resources to boost tech levels

It IS a good game, and you're exactly right about the combined arms. But as said it's dead as fuck and the last few patches screwed it up with half baked shit (fucking free reticle).

It was incredibly fun while it still had players though. Back before they had to switch to Crysis Wars there was some Russian pirate server that was nearly always full. Lagged like shit with 64 players but it was still great. I have fond memories abusing the Nova Cat on that asteroid map. The map would change from night to day every 5 minutes or so and the extreme temperatures would change with it. It went from about -200C to +200C. At night you could spam 6x ERLBL with no problems but at day even a UAC20 would make you overheat. Even had pools of water that would freeze over then boil to go with it.

Of course that map was actually removed one patch for some dumbass reason. As much as I'd like to blame MWO for killing it with a C&D, the dev's kinda screwed it up themselves. It often had a lot of balance issues (Long Tom's) and the move to Crysis Wars basically halved the playerbase. I still miss it though. I pity anyone who didn't get it play it when it was popular.

And if you want a recommendation, I'd probably start with MW4 Mercs. It's kinda casual but still fun. I'm heavily biased towards the Battletech universe however.

Holy shit. Disregard that. I went looking and it turns out the community have put together a new patch. It was only released 5 bloody days ago.

MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.8 Community Edition: clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

I've been playing it for the past few hours and it's as much fun as I remember. There was a good 30 or so people playing it before. This is fucking great. I thought I'd never be able to play it again.

What does the patch change?

Oh shit, for real?!
Right, what's needed to play that? Crysys Warhead and their game plus the patch, right?
I can probably pirate all that fast enough to actually get playing.

Change log is literally in that link.

You don't need anything, apparently. They got it too work with the demo version of Wars. Just download it and play.

what did i miss?

right UMP rush update

UMP plan is on the table, now just to blow funds on it, slowly losing grip on Odessa due to federation having mobile suits now

You don't know goyim?

Just me or do most of the controls don't work in that anymore? Using a 360 Gamepad by the way.

I was going to play but the installer isnt compatible with 64 os, for some reason

It is compatible. You fucked up something.

Titanfall devs use the word Titan because Mech (or Mecha) is a loaded word for them because they don't like the clunckiness associated with Mechs, despite that being their entire point.
Their game is average fun but it can hardly be considered a mech game. Your Titan is essentially an upscaled marine that loses all fun mobility for an health boost.
It doesn't control like a mech, you don't handle it like a mech and has none of the properties mech fans like such as radar, turn speed or overheating, etc.

In sum, it's a CoD game trying to pretend it's actually about mechs, except these mechs are really cool, dude! Not like those other mechs, but it completely misses the mark and has nothing Mech fans like or want and nothing CoD fans would prefer over their stale franchise anyway.

64 programs required a dual core cerebrum, you should check if you have one or if you need to buy a new one.

ok I downloaded another cerebrum and it works now
It runs pretty bad though. Controls are awkward, but it's worth it

you tell me

UMP RUSH update
So UMP activated and Zaku II kais are starting to roll out, refitting the old J type Zakus to F2 types before upgrading existing F2s to the ZII modified.

building up Doms and Dom Cannons for invasion of the Americas

Do you get anything for completing gundam greaker 3 on extreme?

Are you Making Zeon Great Again?

You get to do it all again on Newtype, so you can unlock the final three SD kits for Robota in Chapter 3-2, and thus get the final three SDEX Skills. Also, parts with higher (and rare) affixes will drop a bit more often, and weapons will drop with larger elemental damage values.

That last part is kinda important if you don't have the paid DLC, as element spheres only drop if you opened your wallet.

Had a thought about Phantom Crash the other day, any way to emulate that on PC or is that wishful thinking?

Didn't Gundam Breaker 3 have english subtitles or something? Is it possible to play it with no Jap at all?

Don't think you can emulate eggbox games on PC

The original developer is also dead and the IP is now owned by Konami.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll remake Phantom Crash for pachinko machines

So I've recently got into Gundam a fair bit, mostly on account of the models being crazy fun to build. Already put together a zaku and a graze, getting another coming in the mail tomorrow. Hasn't even been a week since I found out about the things.

What's some good gundam games on the PC? Or is it another one of the gook sorts what mean you're basically screwed from the getgo?

Also
SEIG ZEON

Yes, the Hong Kong version of the game comes in English.

A select few parts are derive only.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Imhbob52OPX-9uKILp_W72_lUwOPrvHL84xws2Fb3cA/edit#gid=0

Also you start getting MG parts in Extreme mode, Newtype after that drops only MG parts. They are statistically the same.

So what are the chances that the English in SRWV won't be as laughably bad as it was in Moon Dwellers.

Low?
Little?
or
Absolutely none at all?

How hard can it be to translate 70's man screaming?

I don't know, from what I have seen, I feel I have reason to have a lack of faith in Singapore.

I really want to love this series compared to GGeneration, I really do…