Robocraft

Anyone else playing this?
Toughs?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.cocaine.ninja/vucnsi.jpg
a.cocaine.ninja/swcqyf.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when it came out it was fun stupid unbalanced broken but functional. their where wheels wings rockets and hover blades? that shot you up 15 m above the ground. 3 weapon types the plasma lazor gun and sniper rifu. they where all broken but again it was fun because they where all broken the lazor gun had the only sustainable dps the plasma could one shot people but only if shit landed strait on the target and the sniper caused people to not play like fucktards and to maintain cover. while still being fun to play. you had to manage your center of gravity witch you where able to do with weighted blocks, and thrusters. if you fucked up you would be tiped over and their was no way to fix it in game. witch forced people to stop being fucktarded and build a balanced vehicle, but then they patched in a item that fliped you shitty ass car over for you. because anyone with half a brain just placed a fucking thruster upside down to flip themselves over but the fucktards that bitched GAME IS HARD at the devs rather than looking at a tutorial of how to stop being fucktarded. then they added shields. and it was "fine" you had to unlock them witch was a bitch but, you had to do that with every other weapon witch made the game a grind fest but that's what you get for free to play. they changed combat up big time as the plasma cannons wouldn't do shit damage anymore and it was the buff that the lazor tards wanted. of course the lazor tards managed to talk the devs into nerfing everything else then shields where added that countered the burst damage. and you had the first shift of from fast brutal combat to to assholes poking each other for far to long legitimizing going full retard guns blazing. and giving the aircraft the means to not be blown to shit the first time they got hit giving ground craft jack shit to counter the fuckers. Then they brought in regenerating health with their dam medic guns. further dragging combat out farther and farther 4-5 min matches drug out to 10-15 min bullshit sessions. the fun damage that you could do right away even if you where under leveled for the match was countered because you could scar the face of that tank 2 levels above you. when you managed to land that perfect hit that finished the fucker off that removed half your tank and you could finally breathe for a moment. but no fucking noobs wanted a grind fest. so they optimized removed any "trolling" way of achieving victory. mistakes where less costly so when your opponent made one you could not longer really capitalize on it. and now the final form of the game is out where super mechs driven by premium players get to shit on weaker players trying to grind out their own super mech.

it was fun then they patched that out of it.

What the fuck did you just say?

Too bad the most efficient designs are ugly blobs and beds of various kinds.

The game was more fun when it was simpler and you could dick around without getting steamrolled by a team full of minmaxers. I haven't played it in a very long time though so I dunno what it's like nowadays.

Not that it was perfect in the past, because the only very effective design was a gunbed.

Any such game with cubes instead of proper parts is destined to be shit.

People are shit, and that's the state they'll default to when given the opportunity.

You should have played when gunchairs were a thing.

G U N B E D S: T H E G A M E Y O U F U C K I N G I D I O T W H Y

gambeds - a.k.a., tanks - are more effective than mecha. Go figure

No, gunbeds are exactly what they sound like. Flat surfaces to fit more guns. No room for creativity. Just more guns.

I wonder if you could fix gunbeds by making weapons require energy, stored in batteries/generators that explode when destroyed.

That way you would have to balance weapons and batteries and armor to protect them. Flat beds would not be able to protect the batteries sufficiently.

fun times

There was a time robots had a pilot/cockpit.

It didn't help, but at least the beds had an elevated bulb.

I forgot about this game. I remember I made some wall with thrusters and it pissed people off for some reason.

Wait, they don't have the pilot anymore? How do you die, then?

They have this system in place right now and it hasn't solved a thing.

You fix the gunbed problem by making movement faster and making evasive tactics more viable for combat. Redundancy is the meta because the game is designed around the assumption that the player will be hit eventually.

The game itself is a great concept that lacks good guidance. It's another case of F2P devs not monopolizing on what makes their game great/unique and instead trying to capture the biggest audience they can by copying what's popular.

Robocraft would be better if Freejam added a racing mode with twisty mountain roads. Building a car and tuning it to slide around better is the only fun thing to do in the game right now.

I don't mean some magical energy that comes out of your asshole, I mean requiring you to add a new block that you don't want to add. The more batteries, the more you can shoot without recharging. But the more batteries, the harder it is to cover them up and the more likely it is to cause a chain reaction that blows up your whole bot. Adding a million guns wouldn't be any more effective than a few guns unless you also add a million batteries and make your bot a moving time bomb.

Wouldn't that only incentivize more guns, because it'll make it easier to hit people?

I'd probably start playing again. Flying races would also be cool.

I don't know if sleds work anymore (I know they broke at some point), but having a race where you're not allowed to have wings/wheels/legs or anything other than thrusters would be fun.

is this game still gunbed arena? is there a reason to build cool looking shit yet?

That's the new power booster. Waste of space, waste of resources but something that everyone needs in late game matches. Doesn't explode but the game has changed to a point to where most robots are so easy to destroy that it wouldn't make a difference.

What happened was that instead of gunbeds you now get plain glass cannon designs running around with medics. It just gave the problem a new coat of paint.

Sleds do work again but their designated items, skis, does an ironically worse job at sledding than a robot without skis does. You can still use things like radar jammers as frictionless feet.

I had a satellite hybrid back when we had a thread about the game on /vg/, lasers were the only weapon, and the game was still fun. Usually, a satellite was just a floating high tier gun that poked you from outside your range, but was slow as shit and blew up with a single shot from an enemy flier. I made mine sturdy, nimble, and fast. It ended up being tier 4 as a result though. I still outranged most people, but just barely. I ambushed them from behind instead of floating directly above.

Can't post images because Tor, so here's a link instead: a.cocaine.ninja/vucnsi.jpg
It's from January 2014.

The smaller versions of those were annoying as fuck, because you basically had no way to counter it unless you had a flying bot which were very difficult to build let alone control back then. Plus satellites were able to fuck themselves into the bottom tiers due to small amount of blocks used, and trying to make a low tier flyer was anything but useful.

A frontal T5S gun pointed straight down could only be countered with a frontal T5S gun pointing straight up, which not only is inconvenient for 98% of the game but also fucks up your camera if you try to point straight up. If I remember correctly, the camera wouldn't actually let you aim straight up in the first place.

One question: can you make Gundams and such?

Yea, my Sentinel started as a proper satellite, but I found it to be rather boring after a while. So I started adding stuff and turned it into a regular helium-based flier. It still floated in place like a satellite and could be played as one, but was way less boring.

Pls respond?

Oh, I actually have a video of it in action: a.cocaine.ninja/swcqyf.mp4

Fun times.

You could always if you didn't mind the lack of moving parts.

They have legs you can put on your robot now.

played it maybe 2 months ago.
Was complete shit, just extreme grind or buy some timed cancer to get extra garbage.
Or you can buy crates (but you still only get half the shit unless you buy timed bullshit)

Other than that, I had fun with a 4 legged minimalist booster bug with the auto-aim minigun.

i did
it was fun