Stalker thread

still can't get debug to work for CoC -edition

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/8zS72
moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/forum/thread/dead-city-transition-point
github.com/OpenXRay
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom_in_Russia#Terminology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

supposedly your supposed to put the games location in command line in game similar to this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\Stalker-CoC.exe" -dbg
but dat dont work

Also shouldn't Duty hate everyone trying to exploit the zone? Why are they friends with Loners? they exploit the zone
And why do clear sky and the military dislike eachother?

The Zone is filled with girls. They just don't want to see you.

Imagine how different stalker would be if everyone in the zone was female.

Spend enough time there and everything is.

Probably everyone would be dead. Altough I bet most would be turned into monolith slutty girls to catch male stalkers off guard

no, they just hate the shitlib anarchists at Freedom who mind you are being supplied by NATO because NATO fears that Duty may succeed in cordoning off the zone so that they may focus on finding a way to destroy the zone.
Fuck if I know, the wiki says that Clear Sky maintains a neutral relation with the military and Freedom

no, they just hate the shitlib anarchists at Freedom who mind you are being supplied by NATO because NATO fears that Duty may succeed in cordoning off the zone so that they may focus on finding a way to destroy the zone.
Fuck if I know, the wiki says that Clear Sky maintains a neutral relation with the military and Freedom

All this debug shit is getting annoying, how the fuck is pick related supposed to work?
why does it work for anybody?
this shouldn't work at all.

whinny bitches and blood everywhere?

Because loners can be recruited.
There's also a matter of ideology:
Duty don't want people using THE Zone, not stuff from the zone. A couple of guys come up to pick up some artefacts? Not really a problem, they're pretty much shinny rocks.
Now picture someone that wants to manipulate the Oosphere and fuck with people. Maybe even spread it over the world. Oo-war.
Now THAT is a big fucking no.
They weren't at first. But Freedumb, being the idiotic libshits they are opened fired because "FUCK THA MAN, WE WUZ STELKER"
And now they get shot on sight. Not because they're dangerous, you see.
It's because Freedumb members are too stupid. Killing them is scientifically proven to improve the world. You can consider their heads an Anomaly by itself called "The Hollow".

Never played that game, so I don't know about that faction. But it's a prequel to SoC about Strelok's group. In SoC you pick up some stuff about Strelok's past and you eventually pick up that he wasn't exactly a boyscout. Even less so some of his companions.
I'm guessing some diference in opinions, or maybe CS did some shit that upset Duty.
I reckon noone will ever know, since noone played CS.

Holy crap man. That's not how you add command lines to an exe.
Here's a short guide:
Or just make a shrotcut anyway you like it
Now, you see that "Target" box where all that crap is written?
You add wathever commands you want to that.
Most of the time, the text in that is wrapped in " ".
I can tell you that 60% of the time you add commands like that, you gotta put them AFTER the .exe but still inside the "".
Like this:
With a space between the .exe and the rest.

On some other games, if this doesn't work, put it after the ""

And on some other cases, there's no "" at all.
Maybe some Compsci can drop on the thread and explain it better, but this is all I usually use since computers aren't my main field of study.

How many years do you have to spend in the zone for you to start seeing bloodsuckers as sexually attractive.

Why live?

bout an hour, tbh

Anyone having crashes with .12?
I got RSOD's after about 30 minutes of gameplay.
So I updated my drivers and got something like "Your GPU is not supported" instead after some time of playing.
.10 worked great.

Holy shit, you must be fucking trolling. Please tell me that you are trolling.

As someone who played Clear Sky to completion with no mods on Stalker difficulty because fuck how bleeding needs more bandages on higher difficulties, Clear Sky is what Freedom would be if Freedom weren't a bunch of mongoloid anarchists and if they had more men and better equipment, Clear Sky actually are scientists and some other Stalkers that saw the zone getting worse with its increasing emission frequency because Strelok reached the center of the zone, and the zone doesn't like that at all so it is trying to purge Strelok. Clear Sky deduced that Strelok was the reason for the increasing amount of emissions and Clear Sky gave their lives at Limansk and Chernobyl NPP to stop Strelok for the safety of the zone and its inhabitants.

wew lad, do you want a 1.4.10 patch? I can only give you AO3, AO3 traders buy broke shit, A-life sim, money loot, psy and radiation fx toned down, and the high/low rep payoff mod for .10

Come on, you can do better. Believe in yourself

Fuck clear sky

I still have my .10 folder saved.
I was just asking if others were having problems so I know if it's my GPU giving up or an actual problem with CoCk.
Thanks anyways.

Also I can't go back to .10 and play with that shitty draw distance.
I mean just look at this glorious amount of grass.

QUICK!
Does a mod exist that limits you to magazines?
Perhaps you have to reload them in the menu?

Limits you to magazines? In ZoA you get boxes of bullets that you need to load into magazines if that's what you want.

Fucking A, that's perfect.
Is the mod good?

it used to be pretty popular. it was pretty buggy and I've not played it in years so I dunno.

Oh I see now, I haven't installed .12-14 at all yet, I'm waiting for the patches and mods catch up. The grass looks like it shits itself near the horizon and I just see dark dark green shadows.

I even went back to Clear Sky after removing those distance limits and I wanted to bathe in the swamp water because of the lack of good cover.

They really need to add an exclusion zone for mob spawns at map entrances in CoC, the amount of times I've died 1 second after loading into a new map is ridicules.

I haven't had this happen to me since 1.4 was released.
When you enter Red Forest from Jupiter can still be a little iffy though.

I'm on the current build, thankfully I haven't encountered that death during a loading screen glitch yet.

I need a shit ton of gopnik music for tonight cause my friends and I are having a big costume party and most of us are going as gopniks. any recommendations besides bandit radio remixes?

Literally the only thing you need tbh

and this

.>>11099116

okay shouldve said I tried that already and that I tried pick related because somebody had a video where that was his setup
but I figured out the real problem I had with location, I used GOG so my directory was fucked up from my own doing

Where can I buy STALKER related patches?

there is a site where you can buy new and used stuff, can't remember the name atm. something-buy or whatever.

Soviet-power has some.
I've never ordered from them so I can't really vouch for them though.

I laughed for a good 20 mins at this post.
Holla Forums will never be taken seriously

I saw all these games were on sale on steam, which one should I start with?

You should start by closing steam and downloading them from somewhere else (4free)
I suggest Shadow of Chernobyl first, but, then again, I started with the last one and still got to enjoy them all.

Makes you want to wish for an emission to end it all.

Shadow of Chernobyl. Patch it, get ZRP for extra bug fixes if you want (I never used it, but it can't hurt), turn crosshairs off and play on master difficulty.

Call of Pripyat is fine patched, but the story is pretty boring. Clear Sky I have no idea, I played it vanilla and it had a bunch of problems. I'm sure there's a 'mandatory' mod for it or something.

Do not buy the games, all the money ends up with the faggot who killed the series.

That's dangerous and requires effort. At most there will be placards and shouting about 500m away from Cordon. Maybe you will find chronically unsuccessful white knights in rookie camp.

> Also they're not mutants, they're people of irradiated DNA
> Feminists and SJWs of course never interact with the mutants PoIDNA

>A particularly strong emission the don wipes everyone out and duty moves back in

such is the life of the zone

Is there any mod for those S.T.A.L.K.E.R series that adds in more explosive weapons, artificial enhanced or other experimental stuff? I know ShoC had some but they were not very "interesting" to use to say the least.

Shieeet meant to write artifacts, and I forget to mention that there was ABC mod for ShoC as well that NEWSA Symbian mod but they are pretty dead and the new release of ABC that was supposed to come out never came it's the one which was made by a hue if i recall it correctly, it also had a fake Crysis suit which is actually SEVA suit retextured.

AMK has tons of artifacts and artifact transmutation.
Wish there was a port of such feature for CoC, along new anomalies.

and if I recall correctly in AMK you couldn't enhance the weapons at all with those things, not to mention of the plentiful fetch quest it has.

>can't find my buddies, but I still hear shot in the distance RIP
Any mods that fix the bullshit ammo price, or at least up sell price for items?

Its incredibly cozy playing CoP with Arsenal Overhaul and blasting bandits with my nugget

guns that need to be added to AO3.
I might as well try making some myself if it's not too hard.
anybody know of any other magazine fed shotguns besides the usas and saiga?

Is it just me or did they change the rate at which weapon durability lowers? After one artefact hunting trip by the time I got back to a mechanic my weapon was almost broken.
I need to start carrying those repair kits, wish they weren't one time use though those things weigh you down.

A question.

In STALKER, the artifacts seem pretty fucking volatile, and I think it is safe to say that if artifacts were handled with more realism, they would be held in a case- similar to what MISERY tried to implement.
The question is that what kind of case would be used to hold an artifact, particularly by loners who have gone to the zone with only the finest of age-old Soviet surplus, wanting to trade artifacts.

I ask as part of a film project I am doing, it needs to be cheeki breeki certified.

Remington Model 81

I'm surprised that hippy could even stand with all those guns weighing him down.

Vepr-12
It's already in STCoP though

it's already in AO you dip.

Well, that's nice then.
I assumed it wasn't since he only knew saiga and usas.

Yeah, and it's better than the saiga too.

It's the most OP shit ever.
Does the upgrade make it hold 18 rounds in AO3 too?

no, 12.

I really wish AO3 didn't stutter like a motherfucker right now.

fam that's because the fucking game engine can't use more than one CPU core.

This is why I want S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 to happen so badly.
I don't really care THAT much about the game I just want Xray to get upgraded.
Just allowing it to allocate more RAM would solve so much…
If only Sergei wasn't such a fuckboy.

just scavenge yourself some cardboard box and the like, then spill those cases with vodka, dirt and other shrubberies and voila you have it cheeki breeki certified. :^)

Probably some kind of vacuum sealed container, the ones in the portable labs seem to be housed in those.

When I buy the case, I can assure you that I will beat it with a dirty piece of shrubbery, and I will likely be inebriated while filming to get a suitably depressing atmosphere, but I need something that looks both cheeki breeki, and suitably convincing that it could prevent a magical radioactive crystal giving me an echidna dick.

Damn that's is a fancy spelling for being drunk.

The sexually attractive bloodsuckers already and always around you.

It would be Fallout with russians with no mods and on consoles with none of what made it great.
And the guys that created the engine are gone from GSC, they have been since before the release of SoC.
Why do you think the game was a buggy mess at launch as the codemonkeys they hired to try to fix the game before the deadline didnt know shit about it?

I am playing OGSE 0.6.2.1 (or w/e it was) and there is for me no way going to the Deadcity, what the hell I am missing? I am supposed to disable the X-10 Brain scorcher but according to the papers I have it is rigged so disabling it would be for me not a option as it would kill me

After looking at several of these threads, I finally decided to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Should I start with CoP, or SoC? Should I start with any mods? Or is vanilla ok?

Newcomer here. Before my ritual hazing begins, could you point me to the best mods for bugfixing and expansion purposes?

Play them in order of release but for god sake make sure they're fully patched.

There are other guide images but I cant find them, this one's probably out of date.

Thanks, much appreciated.

It's fine, I'll try these until I find something better.

damn, is multi threading that difficult to code?

So what would be a beefy processor that can take stalkers load that's only 1 core? Cause I'm curious if it's better then my 4 core

I'm not sure what you're asking for but highest single-thread performance right now is 7700k.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't matter though since my machine still stutter sometimes.

Which version of Oblivion Lost is the best? I cant really tell the difference between 2010 and 3.1 other than the fact that 3.1 is the most recent.

So nobody knows where the stupid ass document for the Deadcity route is? Well fuck this shit I am going to remove this mod, it is already bad enough that it took me several hours to only find 1 nigger ammo boxes for the ass faced thing called mole.

In return I upload OGSE 1.2 unfucker mod

Amazing

I have a theory where the zone is a female herself

She thinks of stalkers as her sons nut mpt Duty since they are in need of a timeout so whenever a female enters the zone she will die becasue a mother doesnt want her boys talking with sluts

Would explain the frequent violent outbursts.

Stalker is the type of game where a true sequel would be godly because the first took a lot of risks and made a very fun game out of it. while a fine tuned engine and dev team with experience from the earlier episodes would lead to it being grander/smoother/and hopefully easier to mod.

Come on, pull the other one.

I have some, pre-CoC.

You need to spice up your sentences when you are talking about the subject of buying boxes to keep magical rocks in without them going Merlin on your ass.

the more I play CoC the more I realize the ai is just fucked and psy damage is almost impossible to deal with even with a fully upgraded science suit

Quick-stop question: Which SoC mods have the most amount of guns on par with AO.

what stores sell knockoff adidas track gear, I don't want to go to the ghetto for this shit

Stalkersoup

Another pesky question: Is AA2 worth playing now that AMK merged with AA2.

Its worth playing even without AMK, go for it.
Comfiest radio songs by the way

whats the benefit of merging it with AMK considering how much AA2 overhauls the game by its self?

What's up with AO? I remember using it in CoP or CS and never ran into any problems but in CoC I get crashing issues non stop and their damage seems to be extremely low compared to vanilla weapons.

Thanks to the mod team. No screenshot because it decided to not take one ever. Last load had he load with the model whacked out. I'm restarting a third time and man I'm gonna just go Loner in Cordon and grind up 200k first before I fuck off to the second lab. Here I go again

Ray of hope never ever

It was dumb I admit but it certainly didn't resolve the random crashes I get often

Escape from Tarkov

shit game tbqh

What about Survivarium?

it's called survarium, and isnt it fucking cancer? did they ever release the open world?

Except the driver issue or w/e I've only had OOM crashes but after the .12 texture fix that has stopped aswell.
.14 hasn't crashed once.

What does your logs say? Are you using AO?

Survarium is an eternal meme.
It could've been ok but the p2w aspect ruins it hard.

and no. It's still just small maps

I thought it was going to be FTP MMO shit. Still, looks like it has a nice atmosphere if nothing else.

nope and they probably never will
even if they did its still an ftp p2w pile of hot steaming garbage

I haven't read my logs but usually it's unhandled exception error. I haven't had any game breaking bugs so far and I've been farming bandits, and military for a while now. Got quite a stock on ammo and a few miscellaneous guns. I'm actually using STCoP weapon add-on as well. I also just noticed I picked up the basic scanner

why can't fear ai be in every shooter?
even stalkers ai isn't all that special

Stalkers AI can be good time, they try and stay on the move from cover to cover to flank you and when they know you can see them they imeditaly move somewhere else which is more then you can say for most FPS where the AI just stand still and shoots you.
I'm not sure if they do this because their incompetent programmers or because constantly moving enemies would be infuriating to hit with a controller aka console limitations.

Has anybody modded squatting for Stalker yet?

Only qualms I have is how fucking fast the AI is at reaction times.
Even if you fly around a corner and shoot a bandit you know is right there, he will still shoot you first. Even if you camp behind a corner and wait for the blayt to pop out, he will still shoot you first.

I am retarded, how do I install and downgrade.

Are you fucking kidding me stalkers squat around campfires all the time.

but you can't

But what if I want to squat alongside them?

Crouch+Prone, To bad you can play a guitar for your fellow stalkers.

I even found a guitar in CoC, though I can't figure out how to play it

if i remember correctly the guitar you find is a quest item for CoP?

Is it now? I'll probably never know since I found it as monolith

There are two, the old beta one that can be found in the three main games when an NPC's inventory glitches out and a quest guitar from CS.

Not many, you just have to join Freedom.

I've used both STCoP and Arsenal Overhaul with CoC, but in both addons the reflex sights for Russian rifles are broken. The Kobra doesn't display the usual three line sight picture it's just a green blob instead and the red chevron sight isn't illuminated. Same with the western holographic sight.

What the ever living fuck am I playing

No wonder he's a corpse

The Sig 550 and the AK104 are the only two guns worth a damn. I only say that because they look neat and 7.62x39 drops motherfuckers like they are made of sugar.

By real fucking nato he's referring to 7.62x51.

Shit, I'm not up to date with the meme names
Why is it called like that though?

Because it's a full size cartridge.

Not to mention enemies drop 7.62x39 in metric fucking tons.
When I left cordon after doing a quick sweep through the quests I had a little over 600 7.62x39.

See pic

7.62x39 AP is a bit hard to find though and it's quite expensive.

I see, thanks fam
Though I always keep 7.62x39 rounds for most of the game until I get enough money to outfit myself with a Tunder and a Vintar

Sometimes I miss factions wars, the amount of times i've slaughtered every Freedomer in that fortress we should own it by now multiple times over.

I never use AP rounds. I always just go for headshots or like with 7.62x39 being so abundant I can just shoot them 10 times in the dick for the fun of it.
I always use normal ammo and always pick a weapon that the enemy I'm going ou to hunt uses so I don't have to worry about ammo and can go cheeki breeki any way I want.

My nigga

That's what I did with my 5.45x39 guns but those exo and military bastards just keep eating those bullets and having to shoot a guy 4 times in the head gets tiresome.

You playing a mod or vanilla?
In any case I always tweak my game so that anyone including myself dies from 2 headshots max if wearing an exo and some artifacts, anything above that is really gay.

Headshots are useless if they have heavy armour, you should carry some AP rounds for those assholes or be good at throwing grenades.

I cant rememeber a mod where even exos could withstand more than 3-4 headshots from any decent gun.

Call of Chernobyl on Master with Arsenal Overhaul.

What the dick? I could've sworn I had no trouble with people dying from a few headshots with AO on CoC too.

CoC is standalone now. You're not installing it over CoP's files, are you? Because once I realized I was a fucking retard and fixed that I haven't had a single crash.

If CoC is standalone, why does their page mention that CoP needs to be installed? Did one of those moralfags get on their nerves or something?

Probably did it to keep moralfags in bay. It just checks for a registry entry, so you don't need it even installed.

Do I need to play with mods or am I not getting the point or what? Yeah I'm playing on Master and everything.

Well we can see who the bitch of Duty is.

I am become Death

Duty, The Millitary, Monolith and master rank stalkers all rely on very heavy armour, they can take a hit without dropping hell your shots can bounce right off them some times so you need invest in some AP rounds.

As for the arena that's an optional challenge, you don't actually need to do them in order to progress.

The Arena is suffering.

Is there a way to transfer items from one save game to another? I had to apply a patch to a mod again due to some game progress breaking bug I have encountered. In other words I need to start a new game, or do I have to edit the trader stuff for that?

Yeah I'm getting that too. May be time to try OWR or something until AO gets unfucked

I'm getting pretty fucking tired of unarmored bandits taking 3 headshots from a .338 to kill on every difficulty setting. what is this bullshit? and my 10mm usp is a freaken pea shooter that can't do shit.

pic related, its hard as hell to find things from cropped images

So I found this damage modifier file and I'm curious what all the different damages mean. I want to change a number of things to make it more realistic
just make it all around more realistic, I really hate how when I get shot in the torso with a 5.56 wearing a fully upgraded science suit, half my health is gone but enemies can survive several headshots.

ok Holla Forums isn't letting me attach a .txt file or a Ltx. file. that's pretty dumb that it isn't supported

Okay Satan, just for those trips I'll spoonfeed you - the artist is Locon. His stories are better if you don't read any of the tags before you dig in. Just click the first cover and get fapping.

Locon.
The semen demon is a guy

I've been using STCoP and haven't run into any problems, my crashing rate has gone up a bit but the weapons themselves are perfectly fine, if you want a weapon mod try that one.

AO in it's current state is near unplayable.

what's wrong with that screencap
lucky someone saved the thread
archive.fo/8zS72

So in CoC how does one find a good scanner, what missions can I do to get myself a set of advanced tools quicker as well?
I'm struggling to find the tools but a higher tier scanner than Bear's would be really nice. Ironically my first tools were Expert tools which is threw me right off. Otherwise been saving ammo and gun running for Nimble once I find advanced tools I'm gonna change to an exoskeleton, got a free Sig SG550 or however it's spelled from a revenge mission, the guy who gave it to me has a nightstar on him so I'm gonna get him killed for it, for a second one. This is from the raid for that mission which I didn't have to kill the entire bandit base but I did anyways both Limpid and Sultan were killed as well, just admiring my handiwork or 25 men were slain.

scanner = scientists
You'll get a suit, an artifact or a veles detector from my experience.

I haven't found any pattern for which quests gives stash locations.
There probably is one though.

So do missions for ecologists essentially?
What base do I go to for that Yantar would work fine?
I could do to sell my spare mutant parts and so forth. Maybe I'll turn off the other machine in the other lab and go do that.

I always help the guys in jupiter.
I haven't actually done it in yantar but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

You could also just blow the head of some ecos and steal their shit.
IIRC they can even carry svarog detectors.

Ecos carry detectors and sometimes zombies do as well, I found my Svarog on a dead ecologist in Yantar.

Okay I'll go looking I met Doc in the CS base in the Great Swamp and got a stock of SVD's to sell to nimble so this should be fun.

Anyways I thought this was pretty nifty it's the conclusion to CS and this guy survived and he's pissed.

Thanks a lot, muzhik

what?

I also haven't seen any of the ecologists in Yantar with a higher tier scanner, even killed several of them. Anyways I maxed out my stalker rank as well as reputation rank.

As far as I know there are no fixed location for tools it's pure luck if a stash has one, but you can get third tier upgrades from Forester in Red Forest, his inside that small tower like building on the northern edge next to the entrance to Yanov, go prepared as it's usually surrounded by either Military or Monolith.

As for the detector look for a Name ecologist and not the randomly generated ones, they seem to have a higher chance of carrying one, I haven't found a single detector in a stash though so I don't think they spawn in those, hopefully they implement a quest to get it in a later patch.

Can I give him expert tools and get access to last tier upgrades by chance?

Forester doesn't need tools to upgrade, only other mechanics do.

Welp.

Such is life in the zone.

Fuck this shit, might as well play CoC with SHTcop 2 weapon pack then.

Damn I want to have his smokes, expecting a dude with a pistol to get a damn Chimera claw.

At least this part is funny

If you want some good early weapons the Mercs in Wild Territory usually carry some high tier weapons, they camp that three story open tower structure.
As for the Chimera try Red Forest you can usual find a few there, rarely they can also spawn at the entrances of Rostok which is even better as the guards can kill it for you.

So basically like in ShoC? Alright I will try my luck there soon enough.

hmm I rather keep that in mind, since I have yet to scrape together some shekels and having a good amount of ammunition. I managed to kill a bloodsucker with rusty metal guns from zombies, which was a bit tough.

I find it weird that spawning as a ecologist you don't even get the tier 1 detector, oh well at least I managed to get the bear detector relative soon. The ability to skin off the muties for profit is pretty neat I missed that shit since CS and CoP doesn't have them because reasons.

Maybe your character doesn't know how to play.

That conversation is pretty funny

Best stalker

Fuck this. This quest is glitched, the AI are fucking retarded, the scientists are glitched, a fucking blowout happened out of fucking nowhere in the middle of this mission. The only thing that I dealt with that was fine were two bloodsuckers, that's it okay. I've spent fifteen fucking minutes trying to lead some dumb faggots to and fro and now I can't even fucking complete it. Fucking CoC you vapid sack of shit.

These daft fucking faggots get stuck in a door, and they got me stuck several times.

The greatest weakness to a scientist isn't an anomaly, a gun, a bandit nor a chimera.. no it's the mighty switch doors of their own bunkers.

goddamn traps

I gave up on trying to get AMK AE to work, I can't see what version my game is on in the main menu I'm using an ESRB retail copy standard edition, how good are Lurk 1.1, Complete 2009, and AA2 because these infographs don't explain shit, have miscellaneous dump.

STALKER newfag here, which game is most recommended?

Play in order faggot, chronology goes SoC -> CS -> CoP, play the first time through without mods but patch the shit, come back to thread once beaten a game.

Spawn at Yantar, use your brain to outgun zombies and loot them, easier that way.
You can kill chimeras with any semi-auto shotgun on full mag pretty easily, nade launchers does the job faster.

FN FAL never ceased to look sexy.

Well, first of all, you enter Dead City through the Yantar factory, and second, yes you do need to disable X-16. And what do you mean you have it rigged? Do you mean you have an uncalibrated psi-helmet? That will still let you survive, just have a shorter timer.

The problem is I don't have the transit point for it, I searched the OGSE Moddb forum and it mentioned I had to go to Streloks stash for it where the Doc is supposed to come and telling me about it, I went there several times and the Doc was nowhere to be found. I already had the X-16 lab disabled and the X-18 stuff.

Well the X-10 lab is rigged, as soon I hit the switch I die from the explosion, I do have a calibrated psi-helmet.

Welp I already made a new game with the latest patch because it was around 600+MB big and they fiddled with the all.spawn again, not that it really matters for me since it seems my quest stuff was bugged somehow, I am not sure if Wolf death is part of the cause since I cannot even meet Guide at all there is only Fox.

Funnily enough I already play as ecologist with Yantar spawn point, I have done that so far since Sakharov has for me currently poor item selection, I can not even buy a damn 18x19mm ammo (or w/e it was for PMm Makarov) the very least. It sucks pretty much that one of those drunktard decided to add a damn flying fireball at the tunnel entry to the Wild Territory. Nonetheless thanks for the reply fellow Stalkers.

Yeah I find that shit highly annoying, I almost got killed by a blow out due to that - the only fix for that is to make a save and load it which should reset the NPC and giving them a proper behavior for now, it sucks and I wish myself that has been fixed already but it is not because reasons.

Also is it normal for CoC 1.4.14 to crash like a motherfucker? I had today 3 crashes, one during fiddling with the controls, then another one after leaving the freedumbs base and the third one during moving into the Dead City. None of my other Stalker games with mods had such a frequent crashes, through I don't know I am using it over Wine 1.9.22 and a 64bit prefix, is CoC 64bit in the first place?

For the CoC installed addons are these: STCoP v2 I think, money loot and the 1.4.14 patch and nothing else. It also pisses me off that they go overboard with the damn moving fireball anomaly like what the fuck man?

I'll be quite honest, I don't remember how to activate the transition point to Dead City other than turning off X-16. I've played through OGSE 3 or 4 times, but for some reason, this particular segment eludes my memory. There might be some document in X-16 that activates the transition point, I do not remember.

I went after disabling the X-16 to that place again several times and I never found a document related to the Dead City, so I kinda doubt it that there is one in the first place. Meh I will play with CoC for a while and hoping it doesn't ruin too much for me and later play OGSE 2.10 again with the hopes I have better luck or so, thanks again.

It's because how the doors function, the easiest fix would be to make the npc's just walk through the doors but I'm not sure how hard that would be considering you would have to differentiate between the actor and the npcs for it, or just ignore it and have the doors be immaterial for everyone or remove them alltogether.

I don't remember if this happened to me in ogse but in others mods burers and the like have thrown the documents around places so they were not where they were supposed to be / they fell out of the map. Also in a few mods that I don't remember using teleport from a dev console broke some of the labs.

I would say that OGSE is worth replaying, especially considering you haven't even been to Dead City, hands down the best location in the whole mod.

With the 2.10 version I went to the garbage so far and I have to get a bit better gears so I can push to the Agroprom area, at least I know how most of the quest works so I think I will be able to do it a bit faster. I cheated my self some rubles and the veles detector because I just cannot be arsed to grind again due to a gameplay breaking bug OGSE does indeed have some nice features such as being able to change the mag types for a larger capacity – too bad it doesn't work for NATO/Western weapons oh well.

hmm, I will try to keep that in mind and searching much harder if that is going to happen or so.

Best bet is to find a pic of where they should be, go there and look around and think where it could have flown from that spot with a throw or two.
If you cant find it with that in mind it's either bugged or fell through the map.

Look for a spawn mod / if it has a dev console for spawning, you can get documents through those usually.

(checked)
mhm I would have to watch a video for that, but since the issue only happened during my X-16 lab stage it is going to take a while and prior to that I didn't had much troubles. Also was Owl supposed to be in the freedoms base or only after/during the Dead City stuff?

Sadly OGSE doesn't have it nor there is a addon for it so I am shit out of luck for that one.

I hope you haven't missed the artifact Klondike sidequest (and many other good sidequests).

I managed to do all the Klondike quest except for the Owl part since I haven't seen him in the first place, and yeah I did those additional side quest which were pretty neat a nice change to the repeating quest. I think I did all of Sidorovich, Barkeep, the crazy "Merc", the Chestnut thing and the Dead Stalker at X-18 (well I got on that one only 2 artifacts out of 3 I saved the screenshots for that one since it doesn't get saved on the PDA at all).

And speaking of the PDA Encyclopedia I really miss that since CS and CoP doesn't have them anymore, not even CoC. Thanks again.

Hmm, according to some guy, the transition to Dead City is learned through Doc in Strelok's stash. Have you visited him? Oh wait, the Guide wasn't there for you… Yeah, sounds like a bug.

Was Wolf supposed to give the quest for the Guide? Since he is important for unlocking the Doc, and I think the constant Merc assault killed him, looting the Wolf body didn't do anything at all for unlocking additional quest.

Yeah I wrote here before I visited Strelok's stash several times and I did things like going in and out of this place and reloading the save nothing helped.

moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/forum/thread/dead-city-transition-point

No, Wolf doesn't point you to Guide. He fucks off later anyway. I think looting Ghost's body in X-16 gives you the task to revisit Strelok's Stash, where you learn to visit Guide. Man, now I need to replay and check out the exact sequence of events.

Hmm, does any of those Scientist like Sakharov and the other one going to sell ammunition when the reputation is maxed out? The only advance of having him is to sell mutie body parts for good profits which seems to be a nice alternatives as my artifact exploitation is quite low.

Also when I am doing the head hunter mission for the Mercenary do I lose reputation with the other factions? Because this is the closet thing for buying ammunition and weapon repair/upgrades.

That's pretty horrifying.

personally RSV2's damage properties are my favorite so I'm gonna try and mimic them as close as I can but I'm having difficulty figuring what exactly controls damage in these stats

I know there's more than one thing since there's AP properties and pierce properties and bullet speed and all the mumbo jumbo. I want to try and make the damage more realistic so unarmored bandits don't survive 3 headshots from a .338 lapua among other things

What a shame.

You work with what your have available to you, the xray engine is held together with duck tape a half drunken bottle of Kvass and slav magic.
It's a miracle it runs at all.

and now I find this bullshit which threw everything i thought I knew out the window.
I understand damage based on body location but what exactly is this "full sections" crap?

Admittedly it does run/load fast and I don't experience stutters, so that is definitely a improvement over SHoC, but at least they could spare a damn ladder or something in that Merc base.

nvm figured it out, basically the stats have been split between the bullets and the gun, the ammo stats are all about the physics and bonuses it has, while the gun determines the damage. So you could change the damage of the m1911 to be a 1 shot kill while the usp45 will still be a pea shooter.

Did I miss something? I could've sworn npcs can get killed by emissions when you have it set to kill instead of zombify but they're not dying. they walk through emissions fine. Didn't CoC change that or was I just imagining it?

I've been getting a lot of crashes too, guess it just needs some more polish.

lmao this nigga couldn't fetch enough dog tails.

Stalker or Fallout:NV ?

I heard Fallout 4 is pretty dope, give it a try. Maybe Todd will give you signed letters.

I am asking for real guys

While I do like both Stalker in my opinion is far superior and as much as people love to give the xray engine shit it's way more stable then gamebyro.

Gamebryo has the advance you can easily install several mods including mods that change the map, having them updated and your savegame is still intact, in X-Ray as soon the all.spawn is edited you are fucked.

No argument there

S.T.A.L.K.E.R doesnt need mods to be a great game though.

The Fallout universe is way to comedic/parody/pastiche based for me to take it seriously. I like the mystery and sense of alienation of the zone.

Speaking of player models go into third person, unequipped your weapon and run.
The players run animation makes it look like an autistic imitating sonic, you can sort of see it with your shadow as well it looks like the upper half of the players body just freezes in a T-pose.

Apart from the patches the only mod SHoC needs is some sort of repair functionality. But otherwise each to their own I guess.

It's not that it doesn't need mods, it's that most mods come as a full packaging nowadays, from graphics improvement, to gameplay tweaks, weapon content, quests, story replacements. The only real issue is adding and populating new maps, because it's such an arduous task in Xray.

github.com/OpenXRay

Well they did release the source code to it awhile ago, hopefully someone can work on improving it.

It's not about that, it's more about how difficult it is to make maps and work with all.spawn. Lack of proper mapping tools, that is.

Rubbish, the actual scavenging and looting part of the game got significantly worse when repairing got introduced, the game becomes piss easy and progression flatlines at the top when you can repair all your unique weapons and overpowered exoskeletons instead of having to adapt to your gear situation. My first, vanilla playthrough of SoC will always hold the best memories because I felt like a STALKER, constantly being forced to weigh options and make sacrifices, stashing the good guns away for when they were needed and not wasting them on side missions. STALKER shouldn't have the 'character builds' that repairing introduced, it shouldn't have the permanent god mode at the top of the gear progression, it should be constant adaption and change. I always mod the repair costs to be prohibitively expensive so I don't fall in to unfun trap of only playing with my favorite toys.

You barbaric monster!

Rubbish, in vanilla, you could live off Strelok's AK until you got a Vintorez or a G36, and be set for the rest of the game.

Weebshit pls go

You're somewhat correct, an upgraded rifle chambered in 7Ns is very hard to let go regardless of how shitty it is. That, or everyone is too lazy to get another rifle and stick with it.

Bullshit, exos/radsuits are immune to 5.45s for no fucking reason and you get torn to shit by 9x39s if you get too close, doesn't help when you face monos. Not to mention that the AK is still inaccurate as shit on medium ranges.
G36 breaks itself way too easily, you're as dependent as to find the nearest jew merchant to get a mint weapon than you do to repair them on technicians.

What are you, a Jew lover?

user, the Galil is jewish

I'd turn off most elements in the HUD if I could I only need to know what my health, stamina and my bullet counts are at. I never use the minimap I just use the PDA, I can see what items I got quick selected via inventory, I don't care for other specific symbols that pop up at all, hell the only useful thing from the minimap is when it beeps about people being nearby

It's a menorah you dumb goyim.

Mark calm down go eat another cake.

Not true. I've played through vanilla many times, and several times my endgame weapon was Barin's Groza rechambered to 5.45. No problems against the monolith as long as I hit the head.

It looks like their drill sergeant has done a good job educating them how to survive in a zone.

Fuck, the video got trimmed.

Thats terrifying

The zone claims another life.

Which mod for which game? I'm just now getting the entire series.

I'm getting odd flickering shadows around light sources like fires and light bulbs in Call of Chernobyl 1.4.14. Anyone else have this?

How is this balanced?

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl
Call of Chernobyl, it's a massive sandbox mod containing everything from all three games plus some cut beta maps.

The damage bar represents its relative damage to other weapons of the same calibre.

(checked)
9x39mm superior caliber and wounding potential))))

so I got a really good weapon thrown at me for free basically? Too bad that I don't have enough ammo for that thing. And that traders have always freaking low amount of ammo like 120 maximum, it's fucking nuffin

This is Portuguese сука

3.1 is shit, even for OL standarts

The offset to 9x39 weapons being powerful is the ammo being rare and expensive.

Is that supposed to be the same song?

(checked)
And a cyka blyad to you, young Stalker.

>Keep gun in a container in some safe space

That's how it works.
9x39 guns are nice, but they aren't the absolute best. You can make a do with any rifle that doesn't have shit accuracy.

ArsenOL2.2

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom_in_Russia#Terminology
It's as close to slave as possible while still not being a slave.

That's what I've been doing, for the Murican ammo anyway which I have about 2k of them in normal and AP version. I have a moderate amount for the Ruskie and Buckshot ammo since I am using them alot for disposal of Bandits and Muties. I have been doing quite alot of profit mainly from selling mutant parts and doing a few quest here and there. All what I am missing now is some kits (I managed to get 3 basic kits and a 1 advanced kit) and a fucking veles detector through a svarog detector would be real noice as well.

Are the CoC Developers on planning adding a few more side quest for main character such as the barkeep and the like? Sakharov only quest is fetching a damn mutant parts and that's fucking it, no special artifact, armor, weapons and the like just this one damn thing.

Just another day in the Zone I guess.

also pic unrelated.

In russian it just means 'man' or 'boy' though.

Lay off vodka, you are seeing doubles now.

I'd expect холоп, because Poles use chłop in the same context.

Any weapon mods that I can install with TFW,or do I take the bullet and put Arsenal Overhaul and see if It doesn't crash?

Thanks friend
Are there any mandatory mods to install with it?

Pretty much the weapon mod of your choice. The official packs are on the ModDB page.

weeping
anybody figure out how to get emissions to properly work when given settings to not zombifiy in CoC? setting it to kill at the end or as wave advances doesn't work on npcs which is pretty bullshit.

I recall getting real mad about that fact as all these stalkers were in a house and I'm the one who dropped dead from an emission U had to reload to save myself as I was in the Great Swamp but I made it out okay.

I'm running CoP on DX11 and from what I can tell SSAO, Sun Quality, and Sun-shafts have no quality difference on any of the settings other than performance (and I can't get the sun shafts to really show), correct?
I know AA is a waste of time on this engine, does having a fake form of AA make the sun shafts work or is it some sort of nvidia problem?
My system doesn't have a problem running everything max but I don't know if the load times are worth it if the game is fundamentally ancient with these features not being worthwhile.

By CoP I mean the CoC standalone*

Sweet, I've finally downloaded all this shit.
Now how do I mod the .ltx files?

It's "dude". There are several uses for the word, depending on context, but here it's "dude" or "bro".

notepad works fine
fool around with shit or google it before you ask here.

i still haven't finished SoC and im 25

so CoC is literally just an empty sandbox? no quests? how the fuck can i enjoy this

Doesn't 'chuvak' mean dude?
I really need to learn vodkarunes.

The newest version has a loose main quest line. You meet Doc in the swamps and then get told to go through every major location from the previous games.

Really? This is the best they could come up with for a quest line? They didn't even bothered adding cars or even being able to pay a guide to fast travel. not that cars really matter that much because none of those map are optimized for them, and OGSE tried to shoehorn them

чувак is a gypsy word

Why aren't there any pancakes in STALKER?

They've added a questline now which is extremely barebones. It's basically now Start the game and try to get to the NPP.

They said it doesn't respect story continuity, it's pretty much just an excuse to get you to go through different areas.
Fast travel would've been nice, yeah. Trekking back and forth through areas because of sidequests got kinda annoying.

I know Freedom are anarchist scum, but now you're telling me they're gypsies too?

Wheat for bread not blin, bread last longer.

(checked)

You can buy chocolates in SGM 2.2 (dunno about older version), I have never seen a mod that added pancakes. not to mention the lack of sunflower seeds which is a main source for the gopniks

That's how black holes are made.

About damn fucking time I got my Veles detector, holy fucking shit. Now I need to find a way to have a "Rambo" built because why not, lugging around with explosives.

Just get out there and operate. Or try the DocX questline mod.

NEW THREAD