It's out

Get your The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim™ now!

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/stats/72850/achievements
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/671/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not even ironic toddposting is funny anymore, these threads are pure cancer

Boy, you'll be lots of fun when TES VI hits the story.

I finished it five years ago.

Silly OP, I am a hardcore gamer and already had it pre ordered, and am playing it right now.

user, it's "forum culture". The plebs need their memes too.

Sounds like a plan

Then you probably unlocked the achievements. Now you can do it all over again!

And the new engine really doesn't have limitations. It's 64 bit!

I finished it five years ago.

Oh man, I wonder if this template thread will get deleted. Oh wait.

I'm going to use this shit thread for a second, please forgive me
pls helper

So what's the problem?

Oh man, I wonder if retarded newfags like you eventually figure out what a template thread actually is. Oh wait.

If only Mark wasn't a retarded piece of shit.

???

it wasnt doing it before, atleast not on launch

I'll wait until moders make Skyrim great again.
THALMOR BTFO
I can't wait for muh mods that remove all elfshits from the game

Good ol Bethesda

There was ONE entire "real" template thread the other day. The first I've seen since the Exodus.

No. Template these days refers to retarded outdated catchphrases as threads, not drawing shit.

==HAHAHAHAHA=
GOOD ONE CALL EVERYONE NEWFAGS THAT WILL WORK
How the fuck is "Its out" with a todd picture not a fucking template you total faggot fucker. The rules are so bullshit that it could mean fucking anything. Kill yourself.

Have you purchased Skyrim today?

I'm aware. An ironic thread about remastered Skyrim being out isn't a template though. No matter how shit the thread might be apart from that.

You sure got mad. Don't like being called a newfag? Lurk more.

Hahahahah, its so pathetic. You kike board is going to shit, and I am here to watch it burn.

Get fucked.

You already embarrassed yourself and revealed you're mad, there's no point in pretending to be laughing now. This is the point where you leave the thread and pretend it never happened or that it wasn't you. I figured I'd tell you since you might not know that yet as a newfag.

You dork.

Implying.
I bet you actually believe Todd was in the chess club.

Anyway

…Yeah, that sounds like Bethesda alright.

Bethesda has never made good games save for the Terminator series. How did such a shit company buy so many decent or even legendary ones?

Oh and the most important thing - antialiasing finally exists.

Kill yourself newfag.

it makes for some good screenshots though, and maiq has never looked sexier except with mods

You gave it to me for free though Todd-kun.

I have never finished a single Bethesda game except Fallout 3

Yeah, it looks good. My modded Skyrim looks better, though. But it also runs worse.

I need to find a way to get rid of this fucking blur or whatever it is.
Then it's only a question of waiting for SKSE, Fnis & SkyUI to be ported over. And lets not kid ourselves - it will happen. The demand is too high not to. WyreBash is already ported, as is Unofficial Patch.
Maybe then I'll finally be able to replay Skyrim. Vanilla is so fucking boring. Replay as a Sexy argonian girl, that is.

Holy shit fullchan Holla Forums is dead.
This thread/catalog is the evidence.

RIP

Thanks. I'm playing right now.

Not gonna work fam. We all have the comic.

If you bother to read the thread, nobody is actually defending Skyrim as a great game. It's free. It came out. We have a thread. You're a sperg.

cool story shill

Are you one of those Star Citizen shills?

Lore question: I'm playing Wheels of Lull, and someone mentioned Sybandis and Hermeus Mora are previously proposed designs of Nirn. WTF is a Sybandis?

The story goes Herma Mora came from animated blueprints for Nirn that were scrapped.
Sybandis from what little I know is a Trainwiz original. It's an unfinished version of Nirn or something; like a black hole. Where it is, I don't know nor its true nature.

There is a nothing wrong with daily dose

Isn't the whole point of this to cash in on stupid goyim who don't even know how to install enb?

It's free

It's to cash in on stupid console owning goyim

If you're a console user, yes. Which is why PC got it for free.

Oh okay. Trainwiz is a sperg, but thanks to him I have a space ship in game, so I will forgive him.

Skyrim is really only a Good Game when you install a fuck ton of mods that let you move around unhindered. Druid Essentials gives you water walk, removal of fall damage and 5x movement speed, which you can stack with the sprint enchantment. Also, "Lightning Teleport" from whatever mod that's from is the best spell ever. Point, zap, teleport. Inside, outside. Loading screen only happens if you cross a hex, which only happens outside and only takes a few seconds. Vanilla doesn't let you actually wizard properly.

RIP Todd
I'll patiently wait for a torrent because I wasn't stupid enough to buy Pissrim.

You should be patiently be waiting for SKSE, Fins & SkyUI and then a month more. Otherwise you won't be getting anything more than you can get in vanilla.

Pics related, it's vanilla two years ago on my AMD machine.

look at this Dreamboy

IT'S SHIT!

And with that, we're back to where we started in 2011. No worthwhile mod manager, no mods, no dice.

The sleeping Bethdrones are waking up. Shut down the reviews NOW!

I'm willing to bet money the newer version of Skyrim actually runs a lot worse than the old one.

thanks todd

it's a free mod, they have no incentive to port a 32 bit mod to a 64 bit game

Fellow anonymous image board users, I must say that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is such a great game. It's almost like an entirely new game. By far the best Bethesda ™ game on the market right now. Check these doubles friends!

Modders never really had the incentive to do anything, yet they do.

It'll happen.

Jesus fuck

Kinda disappointed it didn't point out that the entire story was ripped from Elminster the making of a mage book right down the scene where the village of Helden (book version) was destroyed by dragons who were brought back to life by the stormcloaks (wizard faction in the book iirc) either way. It ruined skyrim for me forever. No mods can ever fix it. They can't even come up with an original story.

This is some grade A ottism.

How's the distant terrain looking? Still a jaggy mess around water?

I wish I could see a difference between this version on Ultra and the original one on High, but I can't. They both look good to me.

Welcome to Holla Forums. Congratulations on figuring out how to use/misuse/overuse redtext.

Bloody hell mate, your posts are garbage.

OC? Nice cap either way.

Could it be antialiasing? If so there'd better be an option to reduce it.

sauce?

I don't get all the hate here, The Elder Scrolls (TM) Skyrim is superb haven't had a good RPG in ages.

That looks exactly the fucking same to what I played al those years ago. How is this a "remaster"?

they slapped a shitty ENB on it and resold it for the original price

I played it past the intro, eh it's ok.
I'll be waiting for mods before I continue though.

Still don't get why people are so autistic about this game though, there is far worse cancer with horrible communities that has released since skyrim.

Because it's the latest release in a series that was promising as all fuck, I'm surprised people don't hate Oblivion more since that game was the sharpest fall by far and was when any semblance of promise for this series future evaporated.

So guys
Torrent when?

It's already out. Been out, actually.

I think skyrim was a perfect storm for modding. To start with the game is pretty shallow but gameplay is still serviceable to build upon, the world itself is pretty generic so people are comfortable putting anything in their game, it was wildly popular so once people knew about mods they spread through Reddit like wildfire with ebin meme videos, and the game isn't too hard to mod anyway, with every file out in the open and most just coming down to activating or deactivating a .esm.

I'm glad they fixed the engine

proof that no amount of tits will fix a shit game, because those tits have to coexist with the shit game

user, are you alright?

I mean, I just woke up an hour ago and I'm probably gonna go right back to bed, but I stand by my post and I don't think I fucked anything up

just go to sleep, user, you will feel better later.

guards shouldnt be distracted by whores on the street

Meh, I'll wait for the torrent to have less leechers
In the meantime, are there any alternative modern open world medieval fantasy RPGs? I heard The Witcher 3 is supposed to be overall superior. But I saw some gameplay and the world looks okay but my main issue is the main protag has a voice and personality and I'm like "What the fuck is this shit Fallout 4?"
Is it really a better game?

You're implying Skyrim would've been good.

Yeah, yeah. It's cool to hate skyrim, but whatever. I didn't pay $60 for it, I torrented it. At best I would pay something like 10 to 15 bucks for it.

I've just seen worse games, games that are praised and had stupid cringy memes, games with some political agenda, games that blatantly copy other games. You can laugh at me but I'm having fun playing vanilla, and since I won't waste my time with autistic modding then of course I will torrent a remastered graphics version. I like walking around in the cities, it's comfy. I'm not saying it's the best game ever, my favourite game is gothic 2, but the hate is just exaggerated.

What I dislike the most is the piece of shit combat which doesn't have any difficulty, but then again, I rarely remember RPGs with good combat. Not even gothic had good combat.

Wow, this is really really bad

That happens to a lot of games though that let .dlls interfere with the volume. I get that issue in Metro 2033 with the 360 controller emu and on vanilla pirated Skyrim

Any idea how to fix it?
Ini editing didn't seem to fix

No fucking idea, I was never able to fix it. I just make sure to set the volume to what I want before starting these games. Its shit, but very few games do this so I never bothered seeking any actual solutions for it

It's fine

Not for me it ain't

Even with mods, I couldn't play this game without getting bored after 10 minutes.
How do normalfags and similar retards always manage to unironically say that mediocre and boring games are "11/10 XDLOL"?

Skyrim is a shitty game, don't get me wrong. But is there any RPGs you do actually like? Because it sounds like this genre isn't for you. You'll be spending most of your time exploring shit and grinding no matter what open world RPG you play. Some people find it boring and there's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it can be cozy as fuck

See for yourself.
steamcommunity.com/stats/72850/achievements
To be fair this is higher than the average.

I liked and enjoyed playing Earthbound, Mother 3 and F:NV, to name just a few.
I tried Oblivion once and it bored me just as fast as Skyrim.

Well Id say that normalfags mostly dont form their real oppinions about games, they look at what the popular view about the game is and then rate it based on it.

So "11/11 would get shot in the knee again xD" is more of a "LOL IM SO FITTING IN IM SUCH A NERD GAMER".

And I believe most of them wouldnt be even able to say to you what is so great about it. Id expect them to say stuff like "Well you can do anything so thats cool" or "Its just the best game ever made dude".

No, there aren't. Part of the reason Bethesda games do so well is that they have no competition.

Whoever said that is wrong. Like you said, you can't make your own character. You're locked into playing as a premade character with a premade background and personality. You can't play any class besides "witcher". The combat is even worse than vanilla Skyrim. There are no mods, and there never will be, because CD Projekt never released the mod tools they promised to release.

What's the difference?

maybe theyre really that retarded and by add-ons they think DLCs

mods the nexus for consoles, addons is just the dlc installed.

Why, because you think they "fixed" it?

What's the difference with the normal edition ?

I'm hoping it'll at least be slightly more polished but I doubt it

I honestly can't tell the difference based on the little gameplay I've seen. All I can assume is they probably fixed some of the broken texture scaling and bumped the texture resolution slightly while adding some flashy shaders

Why does the DLC have a menu option? It's not like it takes you to Bethnet to buy it, because it comes with the game, and they're sure as hell not going to make more. Is it so you can turn it off if you want to?

For whatever reason this seem to be running better than normal Skyrim for me

You think I can use this to play Enderal?

Am doing two things I never did.
Rolling Melee and Reading every book I come across.
Some of the stories are really neat.
Game does look a great deal better.
Everything seems just ever so slightly more "waxy".
Is still the same game from 5 years ago though.
Got to Whiterun, got sick of looking at just all the ugly faces and was hoping that even though it came out today that there would be a mod that changes peoples faces, any mod.
Can't find one yet.
Will probably be a while before anyone even makes anything sketchy.

Was Spore too deep for you?

It's a good opportunity to play the game with stuff that actually makes it good like this

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/671/?

There's a lot of good overhauls that deepen it

No mods make skyrim good.

That's just not true

i love toddposting tooo XDD

lol le lie man

so funny

YOU DONT LIKE THE MEME I CALL YOU TODD LOL :)

Well Captain Bad Taste, I'm clearly no match for you. I'll just be bailing out, now.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean
I can't pierce your oh so edgy sarcasm, might want to tone that down a lil bit

No. Enderal was made for the original version.

heh

Its the AA they're using the blurry dogshit fxaa and txaa nvidia puts ot when I believe the original used multi-sampling

Alt-tabbing worked before

Only kindof, at least for me. In order to get back to the game I had to refocus the window then with it focused scroll through the alt tab list to focus on it again (or ctrl/alt/delete and cancel from there).

You know you can just use normal mods for goyrim on the special edition, right?

Unless you think the only mods are on Bethesda.net in which case kys

I think it's just for toggling plugins but I can't be sure until I play it myself. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to download here.

I used to be a really good goy that instabought everything Bethesda so I got the special edition for having all the DLCs. Don't worry about me any more though, I have become a very bad goy and I only spend money on games by donating to free and open source projects.

Oh, maybe you handle load order from within the game? I hadn't considered that. I guess it makes sense for consoles.

D-Don't worry, mods will fix it.

Except on the PS4.
Have fun with that 5GB mod limit and no SKSE Xboned

I know we joke about Bethdrones but what the actual fuck.

It's like someone modded in Borderlands textures.

Notice that his "remaster" is screenshoted on a potato with low resolution and probably low settings.

Bash Skyrim, but stop lying to fit in faggot.

Do some of the D&D games. Neverwinter nights 1&2 are both really solid.

Lower resolution, true. I still have a 4:3 monitor on this rig, and Remaster doesn't have 1280x1024. Widescreen onry, and I didn't feel like fucking with the ini. So 1280x720 was the best I could do.

Same setting in the launcher, same system. The only difference otherwise is that one of them is the product of a bunch of independent amateurs, and the other is a product of a multi-million dollar corporation with a coordinated development team and a budget.

I downloaded a copy to see how it runs compared to old Skyrim.

-The game still shits itself if you run it at unlocked framerates.
-Alt-Tab actually works now.
-God rays make the game look washed out, Depth of Field is rudimentary and therefore ugly, and the lens flare effect looks artificial as fuck, but these can be turned off.
-There are no good AA options. Both FXAA and TAA look too smudgy to me.
-The rest of the new rendering effects (Screen Space Reflections, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Precipitation Occlusion) look good. I didn't see the snow shader in action and I can't be bothered to look for it.
-New river flow mechanics look nice.
-I noticed a large increase in draw distance with objects being rendered at a greater level of detail further away than before.
-Shadows are much smoother now and look great.

I guess it's a better baseline to mod from and a 64 bit executable means memory limits should no longer be an issue, but it's ultimately still Skyrim.

There, same resolution, and same weather/time.

Dunno why they didn't just put the option for 4:3 in the launcher. It's not like the game shits itself the way FO4 did at anything other than "Bethesda Approved" resolutions.

Enderal needs skse and skyui, wait for an official port since it uses a custom skyui.

Unless a mod relies on an external program like skse to run you can run it in Skyrim Special edition, you just need to decompile to .bsa and put in the loose files, or load up the new ck and recompile the bsa, I'm already using Skyrim original mods.

No parallax mapping?

Hopefully they'll actually port it
here's hoping

No. It's the greatest "I'm a loser IRL and want to pretend hero" game ever made.

They said they'd port it if it was easy. Seems like it's just a quick conversion in the creation kit along with updating older textures, but then there's SkyUI. Enderal also uses old engine hacks, and the team has said that they can't port it if they don't work.

can someone webm this?

What's more you have to own the base game and all three DLC legit to have it available to you.

You can easily do that yourself
And the source mp4 is good enough converting it would be pointless

Ii bought it again lol, not even kidding

Ii bought it again lol, not even kidding

Mining magic ore in Gothic was first :^)

You have Loonix elitism template not in the list.

NWN1 is great. NWN2 is terrible.

There should be parallax on the roads, but none on the walls yet. Different texture pack. Not even sure if the parallax is working right on the roads, actually. Haven't started it up in six months before this, and I might have borked my shitfilter ENB because I've been switching them in and out with that goofy automated ENB manager.

Too bad it is.

:D

It is, unless you ignore everything but the original campaign.