Why the hell does gears of war not explain the backstory...

Why the hell does gears of war not explain the backstory? I already spent a few hours playing the game and I still don't understand jack shit about what caused the war or why Marcus was in prison. Is there something I missed?

105x113

One day the locust popped up everywhere around the world from underground and you learn backstory later on.

Everything? Including why Marcus was in prison? This will be in this game right? I hope I won't have to buy some prequel game.

Here's the backstory:
Epic needed a game that proves that UnrealEngine was ready for consoles. The end.

I think it had something to do with his dad

To be honest I played gears of war 1,2 and a small part of 3 years ago. I cant remember much story for it except for some major event in 2, I think they explain why he is in prison but im not sure if its in 1 or 2.

MARCUS'S DAD

THERE'S NO FUCKING BACKSTORY

One day cliffy played RE4 and he was like "hey i liked the camera and those cover sections, let's make it better"
And so he made GoW.
THAT'S FUCKING IT.
This is a series made for actual braindead morons, not even an insult, i'm talking legit beer gut braindead dudebro complete fucking morons.
Why in the everloving fuck are you paying any attention to the plot, at all?

ERALDO

He had a good cover system going on though, and the movement mechanics related to it were also kind of fun. If the rest of the game wasn't so bad it would've been a great game.

It was in the game's booklet. GoW was for some reason one of the last games to actually put effort into its booklet.

Hey, that's my dog. I didn't know that image was saved by anyone.
His name is Donny and he's immortal.

I downloaded the game from the app store on windows 10 so I didn't get any booklet.

What breed is he? Looks like a chihuahua mix.

Since OP made this thread, I might as well ask.

Why the fuck was the leader of the Locust a human woman? Or at least a completely human looking woman.

Post your pupper with timestamp.

I frankly don't give a fuck that you use Botnet 10 like the 3 shitposters above me, but I do for giving the app store any money.

The app store was the only place where I could find this game on pc. If the game were on steam I would've got it from there.

What's wrong with the app store? Those universal apps can be sideloaded very easily, just like on android.

He's cute asf brah

Unlike Steam, which is at least cross-platform, buying from the Windows Store locks you into only using Windows 10.

It's fucking adware grafted onto the os, even if everything else was as right as it could be that's a fucking deal breaker.

They're charging for things you can get for free with a little workaround.

Gears had one of the most incoherent stories of any fucking game, outside obvious ones like Tetris and such. Going from memory:
I played that game at least twice to completion without any grasp of anything.

Good point, but most game developers don't even bother porting their games to linux or mac unfortunately, and the older versions of windows will lose support. Pajeet 10 will be the only version that still gets support because of the switch to a rolling release model of updates. Kind of like arch or apricity os.

So what? It's not like anyone's forcing you to use the app store.

There's two games called Winback and Kill.Switch which pioneered the cover shooter genre.

Wish I could. I moved out of state and Don lives with my dad. I take pictures every time I visit. He's around 14 years old now and completely deaf. But still gives 0 fucks.
Best dog I've ever known.

You have to read the books to find out that. Gears of war pulled a lot of no nos with the story structure.

Oh, so the books do explain the lunacy? I'm inclined to read just to find out what the fuck are the locusts and why an old lady leads them.

The books sure as hell don't explain much, but the locust queen was one of the descendants of the scientists that researched the possible dangers of Imulsion(creepy fucking parasite fuel that's killing the planet and everything on it) on humans after they were exiled, locusts are humans who evolved with Imulsion exposure underground.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I think Marcus deserted his post to try and save his dad. The games won't tell you shit