Controllers

They seem pretty overrated, I can not think of one game besides Dark Souls where I have need a controller to play that I couldn't do with a keyboard and mouse. That being said, I have never played a racing game, or at least in a really long time. What controller do you use for PC user? if any.

Elite controller need not apply.

Wii U Pro Controller is the best.

My Wii U was a waste of money, but this controller is fucking great for PC use, especially emulation. The only thing it falls short on is not having analog triggers, and I only miss those when emulating a few GameCube games, like F-Zero GX and Super Mario Sunshine (I'm not sure why so many people bitched about analog triggers when so few games even use them).

I use keyboard and mouse for all my games, except Witcher 3. Then I bust out an Xbone controllet, cause it just feels right.

That sucks about the analog triggers, do use a mayflash bluetooth thing?

For some reason, I just cant stand the xbox controller lay out.

DS4.
I think gaming with keyboard is pathetic.

I use a dualshock 4 for all my PC gaming

Fite me, nerds

I think people who can't adjust to any control scheme presented to them are pathetic.

Not particularly, it's always keyboard/mouse that gets it's dick sucked around here, with controllers just being written off completely.

Try playing a flight sim with KB+M, you faggot of an OP

fake and gay

Try playing an RTS with a controller. :^)

No thanks, I'm not Korean.

Hey, user, Halo Wars called
It wants a better game as a sequel

Huh, didn't realize that 8ch Holla Forums became flooded with console kiddies. What a bunch of faggots.

Or a fucking fighting game/shootemup for that matter, keyboard is the no fun allowed controller scheme

Have you ever tried playing SFIII (or most fighting games, for that matter) with your keyboard? Best way to get muscle fever in your hands in less than two hours, and this is comming from someone who uses the keyboard for a living.

Since the 2010s people switched from PC to consoles for good reasons.

Come on user. You can't seriously think that's a good game when even bargain bin RTS games had more depth than Halo wars.

I have a fighting stick for fightcade. I forgot.

Keep telling yourself that, cuckboy.

That's why I was saying it wants a better game as a sequel. The user interaction was done relatively well but it was brain dead easy.

I just use a USB bluetooth dongle and connect directly through the Linux bluetooth stack and the xwiimote drivers.

i hope that guy stayed at 4ch and died from cancer 2 years ago

Technically it could. If you have light-traveling mechanical keys and a way to reduce ghosting, it could function similarly. I'd still prefer a hitbox to a keyboard though, to remove all the unnecessary keys and make it easier to read inputs without fucking with matrices too much.

So unless they move it to PC and make it kb+m only you will never get that wish. Besides, are you seriously expecting me to believe that the people that bought and played that game would be able to wrap their head around a proper RTS with units you had to control separately using macros and shortcut keys?

RTS sucks, turn based is superior.

Must suck pigeonholing yourself like that when it comes to your hobby.

So pretty much MX Cherry Red switches.

Still, anybody proposing a one-size-fits-all solution to every game is retarded.

- KB+M is perfect for FPS, RTS, Grand Strategy, and a few other genres.
- Wheel and pedals is obviously the best for racers.
- An arcade panel is probably best for fighters.
- An actual controller is best for stealth games, adventure games, platformers, character action games, and pretty much anything else that needs analog control for primary movement (doesn't apply to games like Diablo and Diablo II which get away with using mouse for primary movement). Also for high-speed arcade racers (like F-Zero GX) where you couldn't possibly turn quickly enough with a physical wheel and pedals.

I wish there was a good universal mech controller format (like Steel Battalion's) and a good array of PC mech games that used it. That would be nice.

I was going to say yes, and then realized I never bought the game. You have a fair point.

I mostly play controller games on consoles because dinput/xinput is so shit and doesn't give controllers the proper support for how analog input is measured, how pressure sensitivity works, and anything like touch screens, gestures, motion controls? lol doesn't exist. Enjoy your wasted features brought to you by the PC mustard race goyim :^)

otherwise I use the wii u pro pad on PC if I have to.

I think you just named all the genres PC is good for. Generally anything that focuses on mouse movement and clicking. Nothing analog, nothing that would benefit from a d-pad, and nothing pressure sensitive.

I do. I'm just saying that those games need analog movement to not be shit, and the mouse works for that if you're using it for movement. I was just pointing out that if Diablo used WASD for movement, it would be shitty.

Step it up, senpai.

You're right though, different games require different controllers. I wouldn't recommend playing Virtual-On without access to 2 analog sticks.

I got it mostly for console emulation and other 2D games. I got it about a month ago and finished Rabi-Ribi with it and it's pretty great. It's nice an comfy even with my big hands, the D-pad and buttons feel nice to push. Overall it's just a really good controller.

For games that require sticks I just use a 360 pad. It's not great but it's good enough.