Random drops in video games

When was the last game you played that have RNG designed to for you to have fun, not to make question why are you even bothering?

Mario Kart or Smash Bros

Monster Hunter's constant grind-fest in terms of materials is the best because it forces you to fight the same boss monster constantly, therefore reinforcing the git gud factor you have.

That being said, I didn't want to fight Uragaan 26 times to get a ruby.

If it's shit like FFXII where there is a 10% chance of obtaining a rare, one of a kind item then it is total bullshit. Stuff like monster hunter where you can attack the head of the monster and get a better chance of getting a head monster part.
I, as a player, should have some control in the RNG, even though that is contradictory to the concept of RNG in the first place.

Do all online games have gear treadmill like this? I played a bit of Warframe and shit is horrible in there.

>"dude, we all agreed that _ would get it"

Sometimes I really wish I could punch people through the fucking internet.

FFXI?

Time to leave guild. I can't imagine being in an online community and having favorites. Sounds like the most cancerous shit.

every time
RNG should be 100% drop first fight, and then every other fight a decreased chance so I don't have to bullshit for hours on the same enemy.

You only have yourself to blame.

Leave and join a better guild or make you own, my son.

Will any game ever top how shitty the Borderlands was series was at this?
You can grind for hours for a weapon that can be outranked by common weapons just one level above it.

i really liked the world epics that mobs dropped in wow, especially the ones before lv 60
and they last you at least 5 levels
downside is that if you're playing on a private server, you're gonna outlevel their usefulness very fast

I was beyond mad and we ended up up stalking this dude and if he left the safe zone anywhere i would kill him. ended up causing a bunch of strife between the two leveling guilds

worse yet
I hate rng
Worse yet i hate games that force you to do large parties or else you lose out on drops

enjoy your kike treadmill goyim, gotta keep them subscriptions going oy vey!

Dude if you tell people you're going to screw them over, what do you expect?

Son, some people still can do all that you've said. But they also probably have been playing a lot to the point that they just want a new weapon or equipment to motivate them further to play. Even if it's a good game with good mechanics that isn't some shitty grindfest MMORPG like World of Warcraft in the past.

As I see it there should be 3 ways to get power in RPGs.

You grind, evebtually getting materials to craft your weapon. You do a quest or generally progress, guaranteeing a minimum power. You get lucky and get a copl weapon that immediately screams "build around me"

Decency? the realization that they achieved nothing and should get nothing but the experience points and quest rewards.

I'm sorry but if you seriously expect people to give up their loot out of "decency" you are the most retarded nigger out there.

>11 damage over 30 seconds
I will never understand blizzard

That sword is fucking dogshit though

Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to play a game with total pugs, rolled loot, not use master looter, and expect people to pass on items, I can't help you.

Dad, you need to take a break from playing video games if the only thing motivating you to keep going is some pixels with better numbers

Shut up boy, all you do is watch cancerous faggots on youtube yelling. Back in my day we played vidya

RNG is shit, no matter what it is in.

those are some ugly toons

Pfft, no, legendary weapons drop off in effectiveness after about 4 or 5 levels in the middle portion. Also being able to easily swap items between characters makes the game less of a pain in the ass. But I say this after giving hundreds of players a shit-ton of hyper rare weapons and equipment by exploiting the game save system.

they lasted for ages dude, i had the chest from deadmines till like lv 35, 15 whole levels of dardy mode

made drops feel worth it rather than later on where u got an item and ditched it within a couple of hours

bleed effects normally scaled with AP (i think that was what the stat was called, +physical damage)

who the fuck are you and are you going to actually contribute to our argument or just make fucking 'le funny xD pls upboat' shitposts with no purpose or meaning behind them just because I was satirising the other guy's use of 'son' as if it grants his post some sense of superiority without it presenting any sort of argument to invalidate mine

what happened that would cut their numbers in half?

stat squish

Borderlands 1 actually did it rather well as you could use legendaries throughout the entire game and they dropped quite frequently at higher levels. 2 and on is where they went full retard with exponential stat scaling and korean drop rates.

ITT: People that don't know to re-wire their brains to want something they don't want so the desire sensor gets fucked and give you what you actually want.
The system is playing you all, it's time for you guys to start playing it instead.

Best training fields are Monster Hunter in general, hard hunting in Ragnarok Online or prime farming in warframe.
You need to make you entire being believe that what you actually want is that shitty drop, that drop that everyone already has 4 or 5 pieces of it, that's what you're farming, your whole day depends on you getting that. If done right, the entire universe will conspire against you and give you something you don't want, something that you hate, like that super rare item you don't want.
And that's how you break the system into the bitch whore it is, and get more rathalos rubies/ghostring cards/ivanna systems than you ever have need of.

can confirm

can confirm

thanks, spicyspokes

I did better. I left the game to never come back.

Maybe because you're generalizing a bunch of people while sounding like the biggest autist for the reasons you've suggested for playing video games that are equally autistic? Hell, you're doing it now with the presumption that I was trying to be superior to you instead of giving you a wake up call.

Seriously, getting a better score or challenging someone competitively is equally autistic to grinding for a drop. Do you also think speedrunning isn't the same as grinding too? Only thing I can agree with you is just enjoying the mechanics of a game.

atleast dailies give out good money.

scanlators really should understand basic fucking grammar before doing anything.

I remember in Monster Hunter I needed Pale Khezu Steaks to make the set I really wanted.
Over the course of a few weeks, all my friends were wearing the set I wanted just to make fun of me, because they got all the Khezu Steak drops and I was still missing 2 pieces.

>Nerf the weapons after everyone edits them into their inventory because the game is an unbalanced shithole and release more in the DLC

Korean version of Dungeon Fighter Online.

Ayyyy

A miserable pile of pitchford's shame.

Pure Bladestone