Hey Holla Forums what do you think is the worst weapon in all of vidya? Or what do you think is a good contender?

Hey Holla Forums what do you think is the worst weapon in all of vidya? Or what do you think is a good contender?

It has to be accidentally bad and was just poor design.

Starting weapons might be the worst but consider how much better it gets when you upgrade it.

Has to be expected to be used in the majority of the game.

I think the Axe in the arcade version of ghouls n ghosts might be it… you can't throw it straight forward and you can only have one on screen at a time, when any other weapon you can have at least 2 on screen. It also goes through enemies, which sounds good but it means you have to wait for it to leave the screen before you can throw another one. Its also probably the biggest pickup on the ground so jumping over it might be more annoying.

That thing wrecked shit in Halo 1. Admittedly, it got shittier with every iteration.

Every time I see this gun mentioned I remember that image Circuit drew of somebody firing off a Needler right into Master Chief's ass.

I guess the derringer from pathologic could qualify, but it's kinda intended to be shit and give you an incentive to go full magical girl.

Throwing weapons in Mount & Blade: Warband
I get their appeal, but how the combat works and how lackluster it is compared to inventory slots - it falls between two chairs.

It's great when used by troops though.

it was at its peak in halo 2.

Blunt weapons made out of adamantine in Dwarf Fortress as adamantine is lightweight and blunt weps rely on material density for damage thus you get the fantasy equivalent of a wiffle-bat by making them

Thanks for reminding me.

The flamethrower in dead space 1
It has absurd ammo consumption, shitty damage and practically no stopping power. Worst part is that it does not even act like a real flamethrower, just a long range DOT applier.

Anything that isn't the dark sword or rapier in dark souls 3

the penis mightier

Bullshit, throwing axes are the meta in Warband multiplayer. It's how you beat good 2H fighters with shields.

It's probably the Fire weapon in ghosts and goblins.

bullshit that arc and persistent ground fire come in handy all the time

Throwing axes feel fucking great to use against mounted enemies in multiplayer.

The scythe is the worst, you dips

im not a dip

Its decent in 5, the only reason I even tolerate Warzone is the fact you can spawn with a needler more often then not. Easily one of the most satisfying weapons

You mean like it's broken? Like does way too much damage? Yeah I can get behind that, but it was balanced with a slow travel speed that homed in.

Quite possibly Starbound hammers and war axes.

Daggers may also apply, since they have an absurdly low damage output and range (remember there is contact damage in this game), and their speed isn't as high as it should be to make up for this. In fucking fact, the broadsword combo is infinitely faster than them while dealing 10x the damage. Whips are also kinda shit since you have to aim very precisely to hit the enemy since the only damaging part of it is the point, but this one at least can be justified with git gud.

Seriously, Starbound's combat system is utterly broken.

Why the fuck are you people playing these games?

probably the same reason youre a cuck

I got tired of playing Deus Ex and Morrowind over and over,

Laser in Contra 1 actually wrecks bosses. If you want a useless weapon from that game, go for the flamethrower.