Who is your favorite vidya concept artist?

Who is your favorite vidya concept artist?

Mine's gotta be Isaac Hannaford. Dude's fucking amazing, he does environments, characters, guns/equipment, and spaceships, and can switch between a ton of equally amazing art styles.

Most of his work is for Halo and Destiny though, which I know people hate, but hopefully people can put that aside because his work is fucking gorgeous

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/artist/spaceshipguru
isaachannaford.com/
members.jcom.home.ne.jp/ittoku01/hp/index.html
duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Ittoku
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sorry user, I'm not too up on a lot of names of concept artists, though I do enjoy some of the stuff you're posting.

Here's a couple neat fantastical images though.

Last set for now, wanna let other people post cool stuff

In case anybody wants more, he posts his stuff to artstation.com/artist/spaceshipguru and isaachannaford.com/

If I were you, I'd learn the names of the artists you like and save their stuff, people often say once stuff is posted online it's out their forerver but the truth if stuff goes down and is never seen again all the time

A number of the biggest portfolio and concept art sites where artists post their shit have gone down in recent years (cghug being the main one) and so much has become lost to time

Point taken, Rodney Matthews website is apparently gone. At least there's a couple other places with some of his stuff.

I always enjoyed that style or whatever it is though, stuff like you'd find in books and of course older MTG cards. I'd just be repeating more things already said if I went on.

Here's a couple other enjoyable ones.

Funny you bring that up, I actually really dislike mtg's art style.

It's why I love duel masters, it's basically the same game but IMO a better art style. On that note, I'd dump stuff from duel master's card artwork artist, but almost none of his stuff is online

There is only one correct answer: Tarada.

Spelt the fucking name wrong. It's Terada.

I at least agree concerning newer stuff that, while it can be pretty, it doesn't hold that feeling of fantasy for me, high or otherwise, anymore. It's just like a collection of things now.

Here's a couple things from the first Lone Wolf book for the hell of it. They aren't super great, colored, or even super fantastical, but I enjoy the hell out of the illustrations just for what they are.

Also two more area images.

Those are pretty great. I should pay more attention to these things.

Also I should post video games, but I have none to give except Endless Legend. And everything's been said about Endless Legend, good and bad.

I take that back, just found a bunch of that artist's stuff

Nah, I actually mean the old mtg art. I like the newer ones fine. It's the very fact that the old ones feel so inherently and wholly classic fantasy that I dislike it, that just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

I can see why somebody would like it though, but it's just not for me.

this dude's site is here: members.jcom.home.ne.jp/ittoku01/hp/index.html

obviously there are other artists who worked on DM, but this guy is my favorite. Don't think his site has all the cards he's worked on though if duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Ittoku is correct

Well that's a shame.

Here's a handful more images, and I'll stop shitting up the thread. Tower Quest reminds me though, I need to find a newer artist who does stuff like this with the same sort of work as that one guy who did classical artwork with a really hardcore focus on light.

I think these are the last 2 from this guy

Oh, I really like those 3 though, especially that last one, though it's quite low res and pretty jpg artifacted

Adamowicz
Such a shame Bethesda couldn't live up to his works.
and he died

Shit taste, fam

Stephen Oakley did bunch of character art for Evolve. He's bretty gud.

Not clear what part of my taste you are saying is shit

What's wrong with the thread?

Who's the one nigga that did the robots for ZOE and MGS? Yoji Shinkawa? I really dig their style

thanks for posting all this high res concept art I really appreciate it

Just realized I posted the same image twice, have another set of 5 one to make up for it