Bland characters that are popular in video games

Simon Ghost Riley
I always thought Ghost was the boba fett of Call of duty if not the boba fett of video games all together.
callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Simon_"Ghost"_Riley

Gordon Freeman
commonly popular amongst the beta nu-male crowd that actually thought half life 1 and 2 were good, they idolize this silent blank slate as "A NERD WHO CAN KICK ASS!"
he has no character whatsoever. not a single line of dialog, nor any actions that can really be considered heroic, yet he is praised as the literal next messiah of mankind.

GUYS
GHOST IS GAZ
AND GHOST IS ALIVE
I SWEAR TO GOD
IGNORE THE FACT HE WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD AND THEN LIT ON FIRE, HE'S FUCKING ALIVE
TRUST ME
Jesus Christ I really hate the fucking mere mentioning of this character.

Not vidya related, but I really hate the growing trend of putting generic, white knight NEET losers as the main characters in anime.

The nips know their market, fam.

I'm sick of same voice VA's. Faggots still defend that OPM doesn't have this despite having one of the most generic stsundre characters I've ever fucking seen.

Naruto is shit, but even the titular main character is a much more compelling character than Subaru.

Soap drank the last soda. He will pay.

some of his dialogue was funny.

I would hope he's a much more compelling character than a fucking car.

Fucking this.
They always have that same near reverse trap physique with the same shitty hair style.

Such as?

How is kirito a loser? He is the best at every VR game he plays and he has an entire harem of anime chicks.

because he enjoys ntr

There fan theories about Modern warfare was originally intended to be a taken a cheesy action movie parody. But everyone ended up taking it seriously.

got any other observations that are 15 years late?

I'm pretty sure CoD4 was meant to be taken seriously. However, I remember hearing the devs state in an interview that MW2 was supposed to be more "hollywood action"-ish, which is definitely reflected in the game. Fan theories on CoD are definitely up there on the ridiculous scale, especially if you include the ones about the zombies mode.

I like them both, but there's something about them that is too boring.

Other than Half Life 1 being bad, he's completely right. Should have kept the player model as a biker-looking bearded engineer dude, it makes more sense from a logical perspective and it's a way cooler design. Gordon Freeman is a bland redditor power fantasy akin to Niel deBlack Scienceman.

Also, did you just sage on the OP nigga?

The Zombies story went completely insane by Black ops 2 and in 3 is was just what the fuck is even going on

Are you that user who make that wizardchan-tier thread about how women are now lusting for older men?

no

Pic related, worst fucking character in the series. Even worse than the clown from JFA.

It's always been that way for the most part.
Japanese people are dying out, and the women are ruling, Japanese Alpha males are dying out.

Hentai and ecchi anime don't count.

Even if they didn't, it would be unchanged.

Not even Anthony Burch like that cuckbot

Modern warfare was actually subtle. Compared to other cod campaign with the exception of world at world.

But there's a MENTAL GURU in the Subaru.
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE TO THE COMMUNE, PICK UP THE CREW

You can barely even find shows like that at this point. It peaked somewhere around 2010, nowadays most works either try to put some twist on it or just don't do it at all.

I don't understand how generic characters (especially if they're from CoD) can become "fan favorite". Maybe it's the look?

Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 is the new Ghost

God dammit I'm still pissed off they stole my dot matrix mask idea