No Legacy Servers Confirmed

So will the nostalrius guy do something now? He said if it's not announced at Blizzcon he would take matters into his own hands. People who speak like that are usually ineffectual pussies though.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44399
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/904-darkrasps-update-10172016/
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=1404
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't that Kronos server vanilla too?

We'll wait and see. At this point, re-opening Nost after Blizzcon ends if/when legacy servers don't get announced seems logical, and if they ever do get announced, then I suppose they can act from there.

reminds me of when they managed to convice people that D3 was only bad because of the AH.
AH was the ONLY reason people played that game.

It amazes me that people still like Blizzard

I still like vanilla wow, warcraft 2, diablo 1/2, starcraft 1.

and war3

kys mate

Like vanilla wow? I love vanilla wow.

YES, KILL YOURSELF FOR LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE. This is a reasonable thing to say. Rethink your life, you fucking subhuman. Did you forget your humanity somewhere? Go back and get it.

>>>/4chan/

Yes, and they also have a Kronos2 due to popularity after nost died

Don't get too upset now, user.

Blizzdrones cannot control their emotions when it comes to anything Blizzard related.

I love Vanilla Wow.

Nothin wrong with that.

I'm okay, buddy.

I really dont think they will, they would have to admit that their game isn't as good as it used to be. Admitting they are wrong would fracture blizzards ego like nothing else.

Straight from cuckchan I persume?
And plebbit before that wouldn't be suprising at all.

Good.
It means I don't have to pay for legacy servers. I know some of you corporate cock suckers would be willing to bend over for that shit.

Lets hope the private server is available soon so I can play with again.

No they don't. All it means is they accept that some people don't like the new meta. People might not like resilience, might not like the cartoony draenei, worgen or pandarens. People might not like flying mounts. Maybe people preferred the old raid system which used flat rating increases to hit chance and attack rating instead of HIT RATING.

Never used reddit, and I've been here since the first exodus, nevermind the years I was on 4chan before the exodus. But please, try harder.

the only good thing was triggering that SJW infested server. The game itself was/is shit.

Classic WoW was overrated anyway.

Barrens chat was just a bonus.

Where's Mankrik's wife?

KEK

To be fair, X rating replaced flat increases in order to make gear scale better.

I s'pose, but I still prefer flat chance.

Does it even have a big community? the huge numbers of players is pretty much why I only like nostalrius.

UO was horribly unbalanced and the combat system was too exploitable. Killing someone in taking everything but their boots was the HA HA meme for 5 seconds, then it got old.

You could be out killing shit and getting phat loots, but instead you're fucking up new players and thinking you're so fucking badass.

confirmed for never playing UO

The game died when they added PvE servers and turned it into a bad diablo clone. It was done by a dev that now works for WoW btw. Fuck WoW

How ironic because worshipping UO like you do is the real confirmation you never played UO.

Ok then, how was the combat system exploitable?

There was no such thing as phat loots, this isn't WoW where the gear has significant meaning.

Young mode, town guards.

You're full of shit

You make your own factions, retard. There are all-orc player guilds that set up toll booths on the roads.
Play UO Forever or Renaissance. Only retards play the official servers.

If you REALLY want to try the game out, the only active server without a dumb custom content or "donation awards" is at uorenaissance.com

However I must warn you, this game is old, its UI is obviously very old and archaic. If you can get past the controls it's a good game.

That's guild wars not dev enforced factions.

Fuck off with that bullshit, uorenaissance is where it's at.

Context?
What did she do?
Where are her parents?
kek, extra chilli

Some spics killed a taxi driver and a bored mob killed the wrong girl for it, the actual killer was never found

Nice!

I dont mean nice that they killed her I meant nice ironically as in "Elliot Rodger thinks it's nice".

Everyone should watch this and then see a leftist video that says "all races are equal, one race the human race".

What the hell was the police doing though?

You've never played Ultima Online.

Vanilla isn't all that good and there's a ton of nostalgia.

TBC was a huge improvement in almost every aspect of WoW vanilla except for flying mounts and arena. But that's only an issue if you're a PvP fag. And then WotLK just threw it all away.

LOL

Executing some poor tourist for speaking english near them. Gotta show that loyalty to the cartels. :^)

I'm set on mmos

More like every spec but one if you aren't a warrior (since they was the only actual tank on vanilla)

Yea but all humans are dumb, and kill crazy. Like remember that one time all of Canada's police went on strike and Taxi drivers tried killing all the Limo drivers.

Default (one of the guys from nost) is making a TBC server. We're almost ready for public beta

nost are full cucks, they wont do anything

they didnt need to shut down, EVERY private server receives numerous c&ds from blizzard but theyre all hosted outside of US jurisdiction, so everyone ignores them

nost shut themselves down because they wanted a chance of jobs at blizz, and when that didnt work theyre back to trying to go back to being community heroes again to stay relevant in their garbage lives. embarrassing really

I have a question for the Vanilla WoW obsessed members of Holla Forums.

What exactly are you wanting our of Vanilla servers? How the game was at launch? A certain patch? The end of launch right before BC came out?

What period of Vanilla WoW is it exactly that people want so badly?

Every period. A progressive and decently blizzlike server. Especially if they also model the vanilla period that lacked BGs and world pvp was the main source of honor points.

most ppl seem to want the final patch but without any of the 'catch up' gear that was added then (things like d0.5) which also has all the raids locked and progressively releases them

The social aspect. I just miss the guild and all the verbal shitposting

but futa is still kinda gay

You aren't very good at reading.

I really didn't care about your post I just wanted to post something with an excuse.
I didn't even play the original game much.

i am a pro PvPer and vanilla WoW offers me great chance to show all those plebs my superior PvP skills

really at this point i think its best if nost either:

A: stays dead, releases their source code, and lets crestfall come out during probably next year

or B: fixes every single bug on the bug tracker(hopefully they've been doing that during the downtime) then makes multiple new PvP servers and a new PvE server without reopening the old servers

your post makes you sound like Zelgarath.

Nothing new, companies are companies.

So like any sane person you like Blizzard up to the line of SC2, that sits in purgatory between good and bad.

Not to mention EVE getting F2P.

Do you also hate supreme memes?

THIS

We may have poor documentation of most of the intricacies of vanilla but obvious shit like BGs not existing till 1.5 would be nice. More than half the people who hit 60 on nost would just afk in org waiting for Qs to pop

IIRC 1.5 introduced battlegrounds but we didn't get the city battlemasters till later. Also blizzlike a shit term

Holy Priest, Frost Mages (Fire in late AQ40/Naxx), Combat Rogues, Fury Warriors once Bloodthirst was implemented and Marks Hunters were all pretty decent. But ya, Warlocks were there to put up CoS, Soulstones and summons. Druids to Innervate the Priests. Paladins to bless. Shamans to drop totems.

He stole my leadership title for fuck's sake.

The goodest goy

Maybe Elysium will come back to life now. I doubt it.

Wow, such fun, much pvp

with the chance of nostalrius returning? I doubt it sadly.
I feel bad for the people who actually got to 60 on elysium.

If would be Blizzard, I would
and then count my shekels laughing.

no king rules forever

Who the fuck had THREE skills to use regularly in Vanilla?

Ugh, I can't STAND the 'oh it's better now' line. No, that game is so fundamentally broken there's no saving it.

Just making numbers bigger doesn't make a game good.

PERFECT DPS ROTATION

someone is bad

Toomy please

retail baby detected

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE TRUE KING

Nightfall was nerfed as fuck after BWL, subhuman pandaplayer

One day we will meme again

are traps gay, though

Man this reminds me of 75% of the people in the ranked PvP community. They were all such shit and only reason they progressed at all was rigged brackets.

yes.

If I manage to make it past level 15.

In PvE? Warriors and Shamans. In PvP? Everyone.

That's how you spot someone who started playing in WotLK+.

didnt swami run leftypol or something

kill yourself cuck

The only problem I see is that while swami is retarded enough to namefag, petpriest will probably come crawling back with their tranny ways.

Truly, the Christian is the best goyim of all.

He ran /fem/. a board by a male, for females.
Also a fairly well known tripfag on halfchan, r9k if I remember correctly.

I seriously hope that spicbrick and petpriest aren't coming back.

Leveling
First 10-20 levels are basically a tutorial, but after that Dungeons (plural) pop up for you to go to. Some dungeons you had to walk far and wide to get to and it was interesting to see that you had to put effort into going to these places for one side. Hell if I were designing an MMO I'd put better rewards for faction X in faction Y's dungeons. For example give better drops for Alliance in Wailing Caverns.

Besides dungeons, every zone had at least (or tried at least) to have one or more group quests with drops you could use for many levels. Considering it could take up to a week of playtime to reach level 60 for a normal player a group quest reward could usually sustain you even better than a dungeon drop. But there were less group quest drops so they were basically there for anyone who couldn't get anything out of the dungeons or didn't want to run dungeons.

You might note that both of these major positives require you to INTERACT WITH PEOPLE WITHOUT USING A GROUP FINDER. That's because group interaction is an important, probably the most important part of an MMO. And it was butchered in BC and onward.
PvP
Basically anything before they revamped the honor system. Before the change you had to grind incessantly hours on end every day with a premade to get to Rank 14. But for something like Rank 8-10 you could do it pretty casually. So both casuals and hardcore were rewarded. If they changed the mechanics so that killing people in the world would award you with some decent honour so you could actually gain something from Hillsbrad raids and so on it would basically fix PvP entirely. Could even code it so the closer you are to an enemy base+enemy level the more Honour you gain.

PvE
Anything without a dungeon finder. Global LFG chat existed for those who were stupid. Whispering and/or guild mates created groups constantly and FORCED you to interact with other people.

As far as content is concerned the game has shitloads and it wasn't even near towards running out of space to put new dungeons. Old dungeons like UBRS had interesting encounters that felt like they interconnected with the world because the fit into the story of Warcraft (even though WoW's reason for existing was kind of lore breaking in itself). Not to mention places like LBRS and BRD where they were so big and non-linear that playing them meant you either went for something specific or you spent the entire day there which made you feel more accomplished than a 1 hour run through a generic linear purple corridor (Burning Crusade Netherstorm Dungeon).

Raids were never as interesting as MC/ZG. They're the best raids because they simply felt like larger/raid versions of places like BRD. Like actual places you could visit instead of again, hallways. BWL kinda gets a pass and kind of doesn't at the same time. Any kind of additional non-linearity would have put it at MC/ZG level.

Class balance
Class balance sucked and usually you only had to use very few skills. That just made it more important to note your positioning and stuff like POM+Pyro mages were stupid crazy and could output a whole 3-4k damage every minute with a bit of luck. The imbalance of the classes and the crazyness of the PvP made everything into a clusterfuck that ended up being enjoyable for people because everyone found their own niche or place of importance. The same reason DotA became popular really. Everyone is overpowered in some way, so you better take fucking care or you're going to get crushed.

And let me just say this as a closing statement:
Vanilla World of Warcraft had a shitload of problems, it was literally garbage on many levels. Despite this it is still the best overall MMO ever created. It was garbage that you could live with and even learn to love.

At naxx point doom was literally the only efficient spell since every lock was full of +shadow dmg
Return to your shitty private server AQ pugs and gtfo

I just want a MMO that feels like an adventure and not like I'm grinding through shit to then play something slightly less shit.

stop trying m8, Doom didnt became useful until Cata because overall it dealt less DPS than CoA

it seems you are the one who should go back to your private server with AQ pugs

fucking lel

Have you tried playing adventure games instead? Maybe something like Dragons Dogma is more suited to you.

If you weren't assigned a curse late TBC onward you were using Doom for damage. Do you even understand what a GCD is worth faggot?

Yes, I've played games.
But one thing a MMO adds is close to endless replayability which most singleplayer games lacks.

I'm not even going to explain to you why you are wasting DPS using that crap in your globalcd when you can just spam shadowbolt
Just kill yourself

Im torn between calling you a retard and telling you that its impossible.

WoW was never the "best" MMO. It was the most accessible MMO at the time from the gameplay to the low system requirements which is why everyone played it. Any claims that it was better than something like Star Wars Galaxies or City of Heroes are just casuals with nostalgia goggles.

What a big fat impressive personal opinion you got there.

Sunder, Tclap or TF, Demo, Deep Wounds, JoW, Hunter's Mark, Faerie Fire, CoE, Winter's Chill OR Ignite + Scorch + Fireball and Shadow Weaving. And that's just the bare minimum for your raid to even function. And I'm probably forgetting some critical debuff. And you need to leave slots for Taunt/Mocking Blow/Challenging Shout for certain encounters.

Oh ya, at release you had *8* debuff slots. That means NO ONE FUCKING PUT UP ANY DEBUFFS OTHER THAN WARRIORS BECAUSE KNOCKING OFF SUNDER/DEMO/TCLAP FUCKED YOU OVER. Get the fuck out of here you fucking wrath baby.

Even in TBC debuff slots were super fucking important. It was easy to knock off important debuffs if you raid wasn't very careful. Maybe if you had ever raided back then you'd have a fucking clue.

Doom WAS garbage until Cata you shitlord. So was CoA. Did you ever play a fucking Warlock?

listen here nigger

Curse of Doom dealt damage once at the end of 1 minute timer, most bosses had switch tactics or had phases where they would become invulerable so all their debuffs would be cleansed while CoA had decent timer and dealt damage in smaller intervals

Curse of Doom was ok in early TBC beta but after complains from people it got nerfed into a meme spell (that nobody used) that deals damage at the end of 1 minute timer and has small chance to spawn a Doom Guard if enemy dies from that damage.

Saying people used Curse of Doom for damage is like saying warlocks used Summon Infernal in dungeons for AOE clearing which is just nonsense.

If you were allowed to use a DAMAGE curse you used doom you illiterate nigger.

i was pointing out that even fucking CoA was more useful than Doom on boss fights so stop shitposting and learn how to read

I never said that.
I said I want the game to be something else than the CERTIFIED MMO LEVELING EXPERIENCE where everything is piss easy but still takes 20 hours because muh content.

You realize most fights you could use it right? More than that there were some fights like Netherspite where it could even abuse the delayed activation with the damage multiplier blue buff. Barring being overgeared most fights lasted long enough, and it was rare you were even using a damage curse rather than any of the debuff curses.

If you're grinding you're going to feel like you're grinding.
Yeah that sucks with anything post-TBC. Vanilla leveling dungeons weren't 'piss easy', but they were by no means difficult either. Kinda sad.

Just because you can use something that doesnt mean its USEFUL, locks could use Detect Invis on every fight too you know.

Nigger do you even know how mechanics worked in TBC? If you apply a DoT then get a damage buff the damage bonus will not transfer to DoT, DoT damage is only calculated for the moment you applied the spell, getting bonuses later on will have 0 ZERO effect on DoT.

Why do you talk about things you have no knowledge about ?

someone should make a BC server set in vanilla if u kno wat i mean

nigger you cast the doom AFTER you get the blue buff so it retains the buffed damage

I don't. BC was awful and destroyed the game beyond redemption.

How long would the new server be up for before IT got closed down too?

No shit, wasting extra GCDs on CoA was dumb as fuck when you could do more dmg per GCD with Doom. Even then Doom still sucked most of the time vs extra debuffs could use to ramp up the raid's damage. Although I can't remember if there ever was a point where SB was better than Doom while standing still even if your raid had the debuff slot. Too much Warlock, knowledge from back then is all muddy.

this tbh

dont backpedal now you nigger, why do you talk shit when you dont know basic DoT mechanics?

l2read

If grinding poses any kind of challenge it doesn't feel like grinding to me.

I'm also talking about the entire leveling process feeling like a grind to get past it and get to the "real game".
The part that makes me sad about most MMO's is that leveling is barely a feature in the game. It feels like it's there just so they can check off leveling on the "MMO game checklist".

Same to you, pal.

Yeah its not like I gave any reasons or anything.

Source?

The darkscape page was down and is now back up

Your reasons are just opinions of your own. With that attitude why say anything? The reasons I prefer CoH and SWG over WoW are just a feature list that anyone familiar with the games will know.

Hell, SWG alone with its player owned cities, player run economy, insanely in-depth crafting, skill point system that allowed complete character class customization while not letting you master everything at once, interesting non-combat classes such as entertainer, politician and smuggler, etc. etc. etc. Completely dwarfs WoW in content.

What WoW had was a nice art style, well designed zones, decent writing and combat that eased you in over 60 levels until the challenge kicked in. The gathering, crafting and other such non-combat activities were a footnote.

lol

While you could argue that some classes are objectively weaker in high end raiding scenarios or try-hard PvP, almost every talent tree in vanilla has at least a niche that prevents them from being completely useless.

As far as I'm concerned, the only specs that are heavily outperformed by other specs/classes and have no redeeming qualities are Boomkins, enhancement shamans and arguably prot paladins because of their narrow niche. Sure, if raiding is the only thing that interests you there is obviously going to be a limited number of optimal specs that you should use. But then you're better off just playing TBC which I agree is the better expansion for raiding.

Meant to say retardins, not paladins.

What would you guys change in vanilla, if you were going to make it from the ground up?

My thoughts:
Gear:
-Bigger Set Bonuses to make collecting sets worthwhile instead of wearing funky clownsuits
-Raids have increased loot of ~50-100% to decrease pointless grind of bosses to gear people up
-In addition to the reward for the group that tagged it, World Bosses should give an additional pool of loot to every member of the same faction. Perhaps 1% of the crating mats required to make an item of world-boss quality.
-Improve gear rewards from low-level dungeons and crafting so they aren't outleveled as quickly
-Slightly improve gear from Dungeon/Raid quests, so that they can be useful still be useful to people who haven't gotten set/BiS items yet.
-Add feature that if a class is not present, their set-pieces are less likely to drop from dungeon bosses.

PvP:
-If your rank would decay, instead you just gain 0 rank. This lets people take a week off if they need to, and makes the community slightly less toxic.
-Teams are awarded a small amount of honor points for every minute of a match, giving people an small incentive to fight against strong teams instead of wintrading.
-No Dishonorable Kills. They kill world PvP
-Massively increased rewards for killing faction leaders.
-Small Rewards for killing key NPCs outside of main cities to increase the places that PvP happens.
-Host hot-time PvP events that give honor for completing certain objectives
-Buffed Honor for WPVP in general
-Low level players should still be able to hit high level players instead of "MISSMISSMISSRESISTRESISTRESIST." Their stats are a big enough disadvantage as it is.
-Level 60 should have a separate BG queue from 50-59

Other Balance:
-Useless talent trees are slightly improved to increase variety
-Reputation grinds outside of the main factions are reduced by about 10%
-buff/debuff limit is removed
-raid bosses get a slight health increase to compensate for increased dps
-Questing: For every time a quest item does not drop on a corpse, it has a greater chance of appearing on the next corpse. (Just to smooth out the RNG).
Rested XP gains at 2x the rate

Crafting:
-Crafting is balanced so that there are fewer "RNG" levels and that there is always a recipe that gives yellow/orange.
-The existing level 5 crafting quests can be repeated for a reward slightly more than the items sell price, a small amount of xp, and a small amount of rep. (think cloth collection quests)
-Each tier of crafting gets an additional set of quests at each level.
-Taking a cue from vanilla LOTRO, Unique Monsters drop unique crafting materials. These can be used to create powerful gear for their respective levels.
-NPCs should allow you to trade for higher or lower level materials at an unfavorable rate.
-Raids should drop more mats for craftable gear, and the more useless crafting specializations should get these.

Economy:
-The AH should be replaced with an EvE style market system. This allows the market to be more fluid and makes selling lower level gear/consumables more profitable, adds regional pricing, and reduces the trade spam in chat.

Other:
-Quests aside, there should be additional rewards for completing a dungeon/raid the first time. Perhaps gold, xp, or a tier -1 item.
-A non-broken version of vanilla meeting stones should be added. No teleports, but a local hub where you can post and see LFG requests.
-Graffiti Boards where you could post stupid shit, recruit for guilds, or whatever.

This was increased to 16 around when BWL was released, so it's irrelevant to Naxx.

You goad me into putting effort into a post just to throw up your arms at one statement you disagree with. In the future you may realize that this is why you get low-effort responses.

Feel free to do so at any time.

also:
-every 5-10 levels is gated by a difficult quest/dungeon that you must complete.
-respec cost is slightly lowered, the rate at which it resets is increased
-flight paths optimized to take slightly less time overall, all flightpaths get guards that defend people who just got off. Not enough to prevent ganking, but enough to slightly turn the tide in a 1v1 scenario.
-Dungeons/Raids should have ghosts fairly close to the entrance. Wipes are already pretty painful due to respawns, but the walk back doesn't really add much.

Thinking about it there isn't much I would change. I'd rather just make an entirely different game. That would be way easier than trying to fix WoW.

You faggots shouldn't talk about if vanilla WoW is good, you should talk about if it's fun or not.

Modern WoW barely even requires player interaction anyway.

WoW was never good. EQ was always the superior MMO.

I like the idea of having to do a questline at every X9 level to unlock levelling higher. You could pool experience they would be gaining too (to a point), so the player doesn't feel like they're missing out. Perhaps tie it to some unique class skills/mechanics, a bit like Shaman totems, Warrior stances, Warlock demons, etc.

Can you actually combine the oldschool gameplay mechanincs with the updated modern graphics?

Meant for PvE since vanilla PvP was a fucking joke.

You went combat for Blade Flurry and you liked it. And then you stacked + weapon skill and you liked that too.

The raiding spec. Not worthless.

Joke spec that the girl or the moron played. You just accepted it because you couldn't kick those morons out without drama.

They were only "good" compared to bad Warriors. Decent Warriors blew them out of the water and amazing Warriors made them look like paper tanks that couldn't hold aggro against a shadow priest.

PvP only

Loat soaker and innervate bitch.

Yeah, whites never thought it was a good idea to burn people…
But nowadays they got most sophisticated, with napalm, WP and stuff like that.
I think christians just like to see people burning.

It was the golden age of world PVP and you didn't have to endure cancerous arena like in TBC/WotLK. Also, vanilla didn't have the segregation between PVE and PVP that TBC had. So you had situations where raiders were encouraged to do some PVP to grab a few pieces of PVP gear and vice versa.

Vanilla is really one of a kind in many aspects when it comes to WoW expansions.

Legion not selling was the only chance for legacy to happen. But the folks still forked out for it, so they don't get legacy.

Balance issues, gear issues, class disparity issues and system issues. You having fun with it doesn't mean that it's good. I mean, there's retards out there that enjoyed Dragon Age 2.

Don't see why people were hyped for Legion. As someone who hasn't played since before pandas, all it looked like Legion had to offer was more garrison crap except with a new coat of paint and a different name and a metric fuck ton of dungeon grinding for the super special gear or someshit (warforged stuff?). Haven't heard anything about the Legion dungeons or the first raid tier being any good either.

The point is that vanilla is an actual MMO, TBC has excellent raid content but it has nothing else. WoW as an MMO and as a game to be played and enjoyed with friends was better before Blizzard declared war on fun.

The point is that vanilla is an actual MMO, TBC has excellent raid content but it has nothing else. WoW as an MMO and as a game to be played and enjoyed with friends was better before Blizzard declared war on fun.

R.I.P

Yeah, Holla Forums's ideas for MMOs are hilariously awful.

wew lad
Not only was I lvl 60, but I was Ony and MC attuned, and had a bunch of BIS gear. 300 alchemy too. I'm pretty upset. I even joined the best raiding guild on alliance only for them to quit raiding 1 week later due to the server being dead as fuck.

Don't know why the retards at wowservers and the like are surprised at blizzard being a lazy company. They'd probably do legacy servers q4 2017 at the earliest, that was always the reasonable assumption.

If they don't bring back character data I'll roll horde with ((infinity)) again.

I wish there was someone to warn me about shit servers years ago when I played on vengeance's aborted 1.12 project and therebirth, that's for sure.

Hi Blacktivision, enjoying those lost subscribers?

I believe it's what Jesus would have really wanted.

Mage T2 was far better than anything in AQ for Fire mages.
Furthermore, Mage T2 was very competitive with Mage T3 as far as damage output went.
And naturally I'm talking about 8pc T2 here with the proc for instant cast and thus instant Pyro.

The Elysium server fixed a bunch of pathing issues a few days ago, making it better than Kronos instead of them both just being two servers with different types of problems. It's only concern now is low-pop because retarded slav devs can't market for shit.

Also
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
this time the frogs are putting their servers in slavland so Blizzard can't touch them

That's good. I really hope the population increases if and when the Nost guys say that they're not reopening their server.

Wait so Nost is coming back? Man I need to redownload the client again… oh well.

Gear:

Talent Trees:

Questing:

Economy:

Quality of Life:

Other:

There's plenty of other stuff I can't remember immediately.

Never go into game design, please. I beg you.

Are you seriously bringing up the inquisition again ?
Was your father a heretic or something ?

i dare you to logon to modern retail UO servers.
it is definitely a diablo clone now.

Solid A+ ideas that are well enough thought out to genuinely improve the vanilla game.

Literally "but it's so hard…" the post
Echoing and begging you to never go into game design.

remake the entire game to make it more like Runescape

This.

The only real change I'd even want to see is some more tweaks to the honor system to bring back world PvP. I had completely forgotten about dishonorable kill and honestly the only thing I would start with doing is just removing those and see where it takes the game. If that doesn't work then you can start thinking about actively rewarding world PvP.

Random thought
Maybe take cues from Alterac Valley where you can loot player corpses for tokens and those tokens only dropping from similarly leveled (~5-10) or higher leveled enemies so as to not encourage farming by ganking too much.
I dunno. Its not something I'd want to get into without seeing where removing dishonorable takes the game.

Friendly reminder that the nostalrius team promised to honor their commitment to the community, saying it and I quote:

There was gossip about them using a russian servers so as copyright claims is a probably non issue. Get hype at your own risk

forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44399

HAHAHA

The devs were always complete cunts, doing everything they could to make the game less fun. There was a point in time they made it so that if you jumped on a roof, you were immediately knocked off and killed by Booty Bay guards.
They spent all their time on working on their super-sekrit proprietary anti-cheat instead of fixing their countless bugs.
They reduced draw distance to like 5 feet.
They favored certain guilds and had no sense of how to handle their community at all.
Well known exploiters only got their alt-accounts banned for multiboxing to track lotus/raid/unique spawns, while others got their main banned for having a bank account to store/sell shit on.
The Devs literally teleported a raid leader into MC because they were getting ganked too much.
Everything they did was retarded beyond compare.

also
"Get hype at your own risk"

I wish the Nost and Crestfall devs would work together.

The guys behind Nost have name recognition and aren't retarded when it comes to advertising their server.

Meanwhile on Crestfall, the people seem to be good at actually making the fucking server.
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/904-darkrasps-update-10172016/

Scroll down and read up on the shit they're doing with Ragnaros.

It would be nice if any vanilla server groups worked together at all, instead of being attention whores that are in it for the money.

No, Nost shut down because the lawyers from Blizz were threatening to dox the admins for hosting the server, so they did it to protect their own asses.

Why would this even matter? Dox does nothing.

Another meme server

This

What do you guys think of L4G?

It is an instant 60 tbc server with mediocre scripts. I'm playing there with a group of my friends I'm having a good time.

T5 has been released.

But we're using this server as a place holder for northcraft. And then northcraft is a placeholder for a good tbc server.

I guess what I'm asking is, how come we never set up a server for ourselves.

you are new here

You will find no allies here, degenerate.

I'm not.

I played on your shitty tbc server. I played on elysium with you. I played with ToD with some of you. Some of you hate me though because I play with other people as well.

if it were a TBC server he would have a point.

It is a known fact that the ratio of elves to not elves is far higher in the Horde than Alliance on all servers both retail and non-vanilla private.

choke on a box of dicks
why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

What type of retard wants to lvl from 1-70 x1. I bet you played on vengeance pve

That wasn't a real server boyo. That was a meme server that wasn't even a project.

try everyone who bought retail when TBC was released you weak-willed faggot
it's not my fault you don't want to actually play the fucking game you supposedly want to go back to.

I bought retail tbc and I was lvl 60 and level to 70.

Catababby spotted.

so are you just shit at leveling or do you get assmad when your ass gets ganked?

Why do you that?

I agree Satan.
Grinding is the mindless repetitive (autistic) behaviour that you do to get to a fun place; challenges and exploration are something else entirely (and more fun).

I still like Blizzard North.

I respect the legacy of Blizzard, they did some amazing things in the late 90s early 2000s. Nothing can ever change that.

Stay cucked faggo

I love this vid. Reminds me of how superior my culture is.

leveling is only a problem if you suck at it
what other conclusion am I supposed to draw besides you either don't know or have forgotten how to level effectively?

But leveling is really bad right now. You do 1/6th of the quests in a zone and you are already above the level there. Quests now grant you too little experience. You haven't even finished your main questline.
You have to drop it and fuck off to another zone.

That's not fun. Blizz just doesn't care about leveling pre 60. And it's bad even above that.

Does anyone have that old webm of that infinity ZG run back on nost? The one where we discussed the infernals?

I played on Prologue, that roleplaying server, they had a totally custom landscape, every single enemy scaled to level 80 (it was based on WOTLK code) along with the ability to play as non-standard races and for guilds to collect resources/build structures.

Those guys weren't even trying to alter the gameplay much, since aside from some pvp it wasn't the focus! But imagine a WoW with every piece of content scaled up to cap or with new content, imagine a WoW with new abilities or fixes to the broken balance of any given patch. IMAGINE IF THEY TRIED TO FIX WHAT WAS ALWAYS A SHITTY GAME INSTEAD OF TO COPY IT
Private servers are like those shitty ripoff MMOs that copied WoW, they fail to recognize that all these flaws in WoW were only acceptable THE FIRST TIME because there wasn't an example to fucking learn from.

Is it really that fun to spend most of the game without most of the abilities? If a non-MMO tried to force you to play a 1-6week unskippable tutorial you wouldn't be happy, why does WoW get a free pass?
Many MMOs do give you your core skillset much faster and put relevant rewards in the content you are doing before level cap, hell I play an MMO where the theory of a level cap exists but nobody has ever reached it because it involves so many esoteric power growth systems and items it would take an entire guild months to help one single person reach that level of power. Its not that leveling is bad, its that WoW's leveling is bad. None of the rewards from low level content are relevant to anyone outside those levels, none of the playstyle you learn there carries on to high levels and because of the way XP/loot works theres no real incentive for anyone to group if they are 5ish levels apart or more. We are talking about a game infamous for its levels of "collect bear asses" quests.

I do. I might upload it when I get home. It's quite long, unless you only want a webm.

Dude literally took down Nostalrius after that C&D. What makes you think he's gonna do shit?

Fuck you fam, fire's pretty.

I enjoyed the warlocks arguing over curses and calling each other niggers. You just don't get banter like that anymore these days.

Uhuh.

There will never be a hundred Canadians filming and laughing while a girl is being brutalised and burned alive in a busy street in the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING DAY.

Did you see the video? There were kids there and at one point the guy shooting the scene is more worried about his mobile than the burning puta.

No South/Central America is a shit hole with the exception of maybe Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Nowadays that would get you perma banned.

Do you even understand half of the bullshit you're asking for and the time it would take to plan, nevermind even implementing it? Why even mess around with WoW when it's clear you're looking for a different game entirely?

Did you roll a warrior and think other classes also had it that bad?
Early game dungeon blues can last for around 10 levels, give or take a few depending on how gear reliant your class is. Leveling is not most of the game and depending on your class and spec you'll have all your bread and butter abilities by the time you hit level 20-40. If getting to that point seems like a difficult task then vanilla wow is simply just not for you.
You seem to not have a concept of just how much time is spent at 60 pursuing pre-raid BiS. getting reputation, and otherwise making sure you have ample supplies for the next raid. For most players it ends up dwarfing the time it took to get to that point.
You also seem to have little concept of wPvP because otherwise you would know that this fucking thing
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=1404
makes you a god among men and you can get it as early as level 36 and that's just one item off the top of my head. There's some real bullshit you can come across while leveling. Just because you won't see a High Warlord rocking it in AV doesn't mean you can't put it to good use.

Also have the fun is leveling, insta cap is fucking boring and the playerbase dies out quickly

KALIMDOR FOR THE NIGHT ELVES, STORMWIND FOR THE HUMANS, IRONFORGE FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY dwarf kingdom and ONLY into dwarf kingdoms.

I think crestfall has a much better chance if they keep having nothing to do with the incompetent fucking frogs. I have high hopes for it too but it's not going to stop me playing on nost while I wait or anything, not without a solid launch date.

I WANT TO FUCK DWARF GIRLS

As someone who played in retail vanilla, I can tell you that BiS gear is a meme.My guild was 2nd on it's server to take down MC, and most of us used what would today be considered horribly unoptimized builds and gear, and most of our gear came from raiding itself and not dungeons. Only like 5 of us had any idea how to build our character at first.

What you really needed was 39 other people who would listen and show up on time, people to listen, and 1-2 paladins to sit out of combat rezzing people.

this one?

Uploaded the video

WHAT MESS WE MADE
WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG

yeah, no. Fuck off.

either they're waiting for legion to start declining so they don't cannibalize users or they're not doing it at all

1-60 on Nostalrius was fucking great. 240 hours of brutal, nearly non-stop PvP interspersed with short periods of high intensity shitposting. God, I miss .

no you dont

It's not a possibility when it's been confirmed, friend.

Nost 2017 wwu

That's the one~ Thanks Toomy-sama!

You're welcome kiddo!

whats this flaggotry XDDD