Dead Sea Scrolls

So what's the true significance of these things? Anybody here ever done any serious research on them? I've only read small bits and passages, but being the (most sacred?) Holy Text of the jews is certainly something that shouldn't be overlooked. What sort of useful information can we pull from them?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadseascrolls.org.il/featured-scrolls
bibliotecapleyades.net/scrolls_deadsea/deadsea_scrollsdeception/scrollsdeception.htm#contents
ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/origins-human-beings-according-ancient-sumerian-texts-0065
bridemovement.com/melchizedek-and-the-book-of-the-covenant/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LOOK IT UP YOURSELF YOU FUCKING STUPID KIKE

ONE STARTPAGE SEARCH

(checked)
Because no part of the most important jewish holy texts could ever possibly be (((censored))) right? I understand translations exist, but piecing together an incredibly cryptic and incomplete text in the context of jewish world domination is a whole different ball game.

check em

>deadseascrolls.org.il/featured-scrolls

Enoch
4Q Enocha
Date: 150–50 bce,
Hasmonean Period
Language: Aramaic

The book of Enoch was not included in the canon of the Hebrew Bible. It tells of Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah, who lived for 365 years and “walked with God”. The displayed fragment describes the heavenly revolt of the fallen angels, and their descent to earth to cohabit with the daughters of men and to reveal secret knowledge to mankind, a story hinted at in Gen. 6:1-4.

———————

Apocryphon of Daniel
4Q Apocryphon of Daniel
Date: 50–1 bce, Herodian Period
Language: Aramaic

The Dead Sea Scrolls contain extensive apocalyptic literature relating to the final messianic battle at the End of Days. The Aramaic Apocryphon of Daniel describes either a messianic figure or a boastful ruler that will arise as “Son of God” or “Son of the Most High”, like the apocalyptic redeemer in the biblical book of Daniel. The text calls to mind the New Testament proclamation of the angel Gabriel concerning the new-born Jesus: “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High… ” (Luke 1:32)

—————

The Book of War
11Q Sefer ha-Milhamah
Date: 20–50 ce, Herodian Period
Language: Hebrew

The Book of War details an apocalyptic 40-year battle between the forces of good and evil. This fragment preserves a blessing to be recited by the leader of the surviving community upon their victory in the final battle, at the end of time: “God Most High will bless you and shine his face upon you, and he will open for you his rich storehouse in the heavens.” God and his holy angels will bestow abundance and fertility upon the holy congregation, and protect them from plagues and wild animals.

——————–

Legal Papyrus
P. Yadin 44
Date: Autumn 134 ce
Roman Period

70 years after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem, a charismatic leader known as Shimon Bar Kokhba arose to lead a band of rebels intent on regaining Jewish autonomy. Documents from the Bar Kokhba caves are evidence of this tumultuous revolt in 132-135 ce. They consist of administrative, legal, and personal records, such as the papyrus shown here, as well as some religious texts, that tell stories of the daily lives of soldiers and of refugees seeking haven during the turmoil.

——————–

Minor Prophets Scroll
8Hev Twelve Minor Prophets
Date: 50–1 bce, Herodian Period
Language: Greek

The “Twelve Minor Prophets” scrolls from the Judean Desert offer early evidence for the compilation of these short prophetic books into a single literary work. This particular fragment, from a Greek translation of the Minor Prophets discovered in the Cave of Horror at Nahal Hever, contains a prophecy of Micah about the End of Days and the rise of a ruler out of Bethlehem.

————-

11Q paleoLeviticusa
Date: 1–50 ce, Herodian Period

————————-

psalms scroll
11Q Psalmsa
Date: 1–68 ce,
Herodian Period

“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity”
— Psalms 133:1

This book of Psalms is one of the best preserved biblical scrolls, containing 48 psalms, including 7 that are not found in the standard Masoretic version of the Bible. An additional prose passage provides one of the most ancient references to King David as the composer of the book of Psalms: “and David, the son of Jesse, was wise, and a light like the light of the sun… And he wrote 3,600 psalms.” Psalm 133, shown here, praises peace and togetherness.

———————

Don't reply to the above (((leftist))) and its spergout. Report it, hide it, and move along.

By the Gods FUCK why do these mongrels always show up in quality threads.

Just bumping now, I might do some effordposting tomorrow.

I understand they prophesize the creation of giant robots piloted by cute teen girls and a wimpy faggot boy.

Nice trips.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are not really the "most sacred" document of the Jews. You need to understand that the Scriptures included within, and just generally the 'Old Testament' as Christians understand it; is something that Jews are not able to read for themselves. Instead they have the Talmud, which is the sayings of the Rabbis, as well as actual living Rabbis - who interpret it for them. Basically everything you might interpret as good, they twist and distort to make evil or else retarded. They consider their Rabbis to be equal to God, and in fact have a story about how a Rabbi out-smarted God. Yes really. So the Scriptures are valued by them, but their interpretation of those Scriptures is pants-on-head retarded or else, quite frankly, diabolically evil - due to the fact that it is only understood through the lens of their Rabbis. The Talmud is their "most sacred" text, and is the source of so much evil in this world, and generally everything that we hate about them; it encourages them to manipulate, deceive, extort, enslave and murder us.

Really nice post. For those who do not know, the Bible as we have it today is a collection of various texts that were all deemed to be authentic, their authors could be verified and it was in line with Scripture. During the Council of Nicaea all the bishops got together and decreed which books were canon, and which non-canon. Books like Enoch were long considered by certain Christians to be valuable because they seemed to be in line with what the Bible had said elsewhere, as well as being rather old, but during the Council of Nicaea they could not trace the author or verify the authenticity, and as such it was excluded. This might seem a bit draconian but remember that at the time there were hundreds if not thousands of people writing their own scriptures and trying to push whatever it was they wanted - in some cases really odd stuff like Christ sleeping with children. I imagine a lot of filthy kikes were trying to get their filth in there as well.

The Dead Sea Scrolls can be understood to show that many of the books that we once considered Apocryphal, actually were authentic - or at least were considered to be so by those dwelling in the caves at Qumran.

You need to lurk more cunt.

Giving an itinerary of your shilling. Fuck off moshe, you aren't white and never will be.

sage
SAY NO TO SEMITIC SCROLLS

The most interesting thing about the dead sea scrolls is that they contained an almost entirely preserved, ancient copy of Isaiah. It's the oldest and most well preserved copy that we have. What makes it so cool is that it shows us that, yes indeed, the book of Isaiah we contain today is the same one they used back then. The same writings of Isaiah attested to by Jesus and the Apostles.

As for the apocryphal writings contained in the collection, I recommend actually reading the books. It should become pretty obvious why those books weren't included in the canon.

No. They didn't. That's not what the first council of Nicaea was about. They were convening to deliberate about Arius's heresy, "There was a time when the Son was not." I get so tired of hearing this nonsense regurgitated… Please go verify what I'm saying. None of the Nicene councils debated the subject of the canon. None of them, and there were several.

Which book of Enoch are you talking about? You do realize that there are several completely separate works claiming to be from Enoch, right? Have you ever read any of them? I think reading them would probably clarify why we don't take these writings seriously. I'll even throw in the "Gospel of Thomas" for good measure.

That the biblical texts of today are essentially the same as the biblical texts of 2000 or so years ago.

Have fun
bibliotecapleyades.net/scrolls_deadsea/deadsea_scrollsdeception/scrollsdeception.htm#contents

I know this line is going to rustle up some folks, so I'm going to step in before they get mad. There was a time when the term 'God's people' didn't mean everyone on the planet, it specifically referred to Christians and pre-Christ Yahwhists. And it for fucking sure doesn't have anything to do with the Pharisees, the Talmudists from Babylon, or their modern descendants.

Ask your local Rabbi chaim, I could care less.

So you do care a little? Fucking kike

The Talmudists were no more "from Babylon" than Karl Marx was "from Germany". Anywho, the Israelites/Hebrews were always reviled by everyone that ever had to put up with them - but I will be willing to hear what group exactly you are referring to when you say pre-Christ YHWHists.

The people who wrote them were basically the ancient Jewish equivalent of the Amish. Doesn't prove much beyond the accuracy of Old Testament translations and some in depth understanding of this group through their notes.

Merry Christmas

Nice digits there, user. Checked.

Wow, I didn't know it was a Yiddish phrase or the jews are just claiming it because they are fucking kikes.

Because it validates all the thousands of extant manuscripts in the legal sense. For example, The book of Isiah is included in almost it's entirety in the DSS, and it lines right up with manuscripts many hundreds of years younger. That is, the transcriptions of the copies were faithful.

God I hate semites.

these are not actual scripture they do not pass the litmus test of the number 7 encoding within as is the case with all text of the KJV as authenticated by King James and his team of 54 authenticators over a 7-year period. no God-breathed watermark, false doctrine. end of story

checked, but jews are not semites. gentiles are.
jews are edomites.

This is your brain on Christianity.

Fuck off forever.

pleb/10

The first translation did not but later ones did.

Still, original Greek would be the way to go

Me too. I'm tired of the "what about this, goy?" threads.

Or just avoid the false religion of an evil race altogether. There's no reason to read any Biblical text because they are perversions of both history and spirituality.

this.
heres your (you)

I think the most interesting historical writings came from Sumeria. Their statement on the creation of Earth:

"When in the height heaven was not named,
And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name,
And the primeval Apsu, who begat them,
And chaos, Tiamut, the mother of them both
Their waters were mingled together,
And no field was formed, no marsh was to be seen;
When of the gods none had been called into being,
And none bore a name, and no destinies were ordained;
Then were created the gods in the midst of heaven,
Lahmu and Lahamu were called into being…"

Claims of human like "Gods" among them who bred with non Gods:

"When the gods like men
Bore the work and suffered the toll
The toil of the gods was great,
The work was heavy, the distress was much."

Anyhow, interesting texts:

ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/origins-human-beings-according-ancient-sumerian-texts-0065

If I had to guess, I'd say he was probably referring to sincere, religious worshipers of YHWH. Jews were supposed to make converts too, not just Christians. The problem was that instead of acting as envoys and sharing the message that God gave them, they hoarded it and created an unnatural "wall of separation" between them and the gentiles so that they could pat each other on the back about being The Chosen™ by birth… Which funny enough, they couldn't even do that right, what with their constantly chasing after other gods.

That guy's beliefs on this aren't representative of any major Christian traditions. I think it's an Aryan Nation thing? I forget.

The fact that you're referring to it as the KJB tells me that you've never seriously looked into this. I prefer certain modern translations for textual critical reasons, but the King James was a faithful translation and conveys the accurate message.

You must hate codoh.com

Good on you for actually reading these ancient texts. I wish more people would learn about stuff like this so that we could have more intelligent discussions.

Just use google? It has more information

11Q paleoLeviticusa
Date: 1–50 ce, Herodian Period

I'm very interested to read more. More proof of jewish occult practises and beliefs.

sage
semitic cave neanderthal scrolls

the people behind hid.

bridemovement.com/melchizedek-and-the-book-of-the-covenant/

listen to the whole thing. It's a big red-pill and answers a lot. Including the DSS and why there were in the Qumran caves.

Gentle reminder that the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church view Enoch 1 as canon. FWIW they, as part of so-called Oriental Orthodoxy, are closer to the Orthodox than the Romans are, and individual members are typically accepted by a statement of faith if they come over, and there is a very real chance of union back into Orthodoxy in the future, as opposed to the Romans, where it would take a major breakdown in their hierarchy to make them consider coming home.

The proper view of Scripture is that it is only a PART of the Tradition of the Church. An important part, but a PART nonetheless, and the CHURCH is what created SCRIPTURE and determines what is valid and what is not. As should be obvious to anyone who asks the question, "Where was the Church before the Gospels and Epistles were written?"

Not all of accepted Scripture has equal value. Most of the accepted OT is never read in Eastern Orthodox services, and much of various books which are read, are not read in their entirety. Much that isn't Scripture is still worth reading, however. "Be the BEE and take the good nectar from whatever flower it is found in", to paraphrase a Saint.

Exactly. What was included, was included by the Church because it was in line with the Tradition of the Church.

There was a Paschal Letter from one of the Bishops which laid out the accepted canon of the time, and it matches the current NT, this letter predates the first council by some time. And it wasn't his decision, he was laying out what was considered to be a consensus view. What the Church read aloud in services during the Liturgical Year was the basis for the NT, and what it found itself reading aloud was universally proclaimed to be true and part of the faith, there was no "top down" decision made.

The VXX is the version that Jesus and the Apostles quoted from. It should be the basis of canon for the OT, if something's in there, it should be in YOUR Bible as well (prots pay attention). My family is going through the complete Orthodox Study Bible again this year, maybe sometime we'll get around to reading some of the canon of the Syriacs or Ethiopians, but it's pretty low on our list of priorities, we'd read some political stuff first as time permits.

That would actually make sense if it was a Jewish corruption of the phrase that got made popular through mass media. That kind of talmudic shit phrasing is pretty Jewy.

Do a Google books comparison between "dark and handsome" and "fair and handsome". "Dark" only starts to appear in the 10's and 20's which is where "fair" (used commonly beforehand) begins to decline then, coinciding with the Jewish takeover of media.

Reminder the book of Enoch says god created us huwhite people.

It implied Jesus spoke Aramaic aside from Greek.
In both languages, adultry and miscegenation is the same word.
Also, his Greek name, IEASOUS, is 888 in Gematria.

Random Trivia: John M. Allegro
>A number of Allegro's later books, including The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, brought him both popular fame and notoriety, and also destroyed his career.
tl;dr - One of the original Dead Sea Scrolls scholars wrote The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, which argues that
>and utilized Amanita muscaria [fly agaric mushroom])

Food for Thought
Isn't it odd how culturally prevalent the fly agaric is, even though
Anecdotally, after ingestion the user falls into a deep sleep and, upon waking, cannot (or doesn't even consider to) discern whether they're awake or dreaming.
Sounds ideal for hypnotic states and compelling certain actions while unaware.

Random Term: Urinary Drug Recycling
Some compounds (like ibotenic acid in Amanita muscaria) are inactive due to first pass metabolism. However, in vivo metabolism converts ibotenic acid into the active muscimol, contained in expelled urine.
Oddly reminiscent of tales of Satanic rituals where participants are said to drink from a cup of blood mixed with urine.

Cultural Headscratcher
What's the deal with the Smurfs' red caps?
>based on the "Liberty cap" mushroom (Psilocybe semilanceata

WHAT DID THEY MEME BY THIS?
[activation of almonds intensifies]

Additional Reading:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolism_in_the_French_Revolution#Liberty_cap
archive.is/R4CYW
blog.crazyaboutmushrooms.com/amanita-muscaria-koryak-magic-mushrooms-siberia/
archive.is/o0As9
biblebelievers.org.au/mason8.htm
archive.is/G2yJi