CiVI

Can we all now agree related wasn't so bad?

Even Civ6 is better than that piece of shit.

I get EL, SMAX and even Pandora but you're gonna have to elaborate on that one

I dislike this meme.

Civ VI is way better than not Alpha Centauri

The soundtrack in Civ VI is shit but fucking hell not Alpha Centauri is the first game I actually switched the soundtrack off completely on, I was disgusted to find out that Grant Kirkhope composed it.

zelda cycle thread

It was though. I bought it and got bored after the second round. In a fucking civilization game. I didnt think that was even possible.
It just has so little to distinguish itself from civ 5 and so little variety in units and factions.
Would have been a great mod, maybe even a decent expansion for civ 5 if some more work was put into it, but as it stands it was complete trash.

Havent played civ 6 yet, im reluctant to give them my money at this point. maybe i'll pirate it and see how it is, or i just dont bother with it at all.

Civ 6 is better than beyond earth

Civ 6 isnt that bad after all

It's not a meme, it's mental retardness that merketeers try to use to squish out some last sheckles out of whatever piece of shit they tried to sell before.

Civ 6 is better than vanilla Civ 5, but I'm doubtful they will push forward and make it better than Civ 5 with all the expansions, theirs a few things that rebalance the game well, I like that building wonders and districts takes up space around your city, and that housing is needed to expand your city so you can't just amass food, unit stacking is back but now you can stack a limited amount of units into a corps or an army, and you can build a fort around your town that gives you another bombard slot during sieges.

user, not even the mods at the moment can entirely fix this shit and I've been jumping back in once a conversion mod gets made or an update comes up. It's just a really bad game that Firaxis stopped caring about.

It's like this game was overseen by George Soros himself.

Friendly reminder that for all it's faults BE doesn't feature tumblr noses or interpretative dance as a form of diplomacy

First of all don't listen to this faggot the AI, the diplomacy and the gameplay in general is just as broken if not more

Diversity is our strength, user.

No, this isn't how this site works, plebbit.

But it was bad.

Fuck off back to 4cuck with your shit threads.

Next Fable will be good, though.

I feel Civ 5 is still slightly better but when VI polishes its rough edges it will definitively be better

id play it.

user, you have to accept just like I did that fable is dead, it died the moment fable 2 came out.

i see nothing wrong, even the culture victory means mass immigration

This. Anyone remember how shit 5 was without expacs? 6 is actually playable and fun right now even if it isn't stellar. Civ expacs have historically been pretty good.

Honestly if they wanted to represented accurately they would have less culture for more money.

There is no penalty for expansionism is it?

I am under the impression you can grab as much land as you can without any negative effect.

i was talking about civ vi here , since i got carried on

Settlers and some other things have scaling production cost if I recall correctly.

I think it's quite fitting that globalization and social media mark the end of civilization.

Memes will kill the west.

Do you suppose I should put up triggerwarnings next time? Caution: may trigger neo/v/ or something?:^)

You'd need a proper nip dev to pull that off

Its super buggy and the AI cheats like a bitch as per usual. It crashes like a bitch and I hate the new Character cards- Why they opted for realtime characters confuses the shit out of me as they use hair fibres which are super expensive on GPU use. My GPU sounds like a fucking A-10 taking off when I get onto the diplo screen.

That said I love what they've done to wonders, I love the multi-unit stacks option that was missing from CivV. Not a huge fan on the charges system. Religion gameplay is a bit shitty but then it was also shitty in CivV. The music is better in every possible way and Sean Bean is amazing in his deliveries whereas the CivV narrator was utterly rubbish. I like the fact that the Happiness system is gone. That fucking sucked in CivV.

I rate it higher than CivV but I honestly feel that this game doesn't offer many improvements compared to Civ4 honestly. Civ4 is fucking comfy as fuck despite it too being buggy- but it ran better.

Its good and bad. After a few Expansions it will be superior to CivV, but I doubt it will be as good as Civ4 was with Mods. Because Modded Civ4 is just fantastic and runs extremely well on modern systems despite the crashing because its Gamebryo.. sorry 'Creation Engine'.

Is this some sort of reverse psychology shilling for Civ VI?

Is it really stacking, though? I recall another user mentioning that it was just a generic +strength. Can you stack different types of units?

It's actually sub-neural conditioning for Skyrim Remastered and /pone/. Also pepsi.

If nothing else I must applaud them for finally allowing the removal of city-states from the map. Sean Bean was a mistake they should've ironed out the AI for the cost of hiring that fucker

Yes and no. You can lock different types of units into formations, say an apostle with medic promotion can accompany a unit of swordsmen but proper death stacks are not a thing.

You can't stack unit types in corps/armies, but youi can attach support units to stacks/units. Best exaplne is attaching an observation balloon to artillery giving it +1 range or a medic unit when fighting an offensive war. the system is underutilized though. Would have been nice to get synergies between different unit types.

I mean to be fair they could've made narrator entirely optional. Its not really important but the thing with Civ has always been how comfy it was. With Civ4 Leonard Nimoy was comfy as fuck. I could live without it, but it was a vast improvement over the raspy old man that was in Civ5. Ultimately though its fluff and I agree more focus should have been on the non-fluff stuff. But too be fair Civ2 had full FMV advisers… so I'm not complaining there. (Firaxis have had a history of wasting money).

It could be a placebo effect on my behalf I just enjoy the fact that I don't have to micromanage every fucker on the map now. Civ5 got really bad in the late game, I had to put most of my units on Sleep half the time. So it IS an improvement for the micro, but you're probably right its not stack-of-doom tier.

No fuck off and die.

I see. I still think they should allow unit stacking or make the maps larger to accomodate 1UPT, but it looks like they did at least make a small attempt to improve it.

Still isn't enough to make me pirate it. I'll wait for the inevitable expansion pack.

Just consider that they could've hired a personalized narrator for each civilization for his fee and probably still saved some money.
Also some of their other priorities seem strange: the art style looks like aping off godus gradeschooler textbook but say the skin colour of Kongo's special unit is dependent on the owner. As in the barbarians actually get white guys.

Not just that, you can also join 2 units of the same type into an Army that is the same unit but with a flat bonus of 10. You can then merge two Armies for a flat bonus of 25.
At least, that's what I head.

Maybe it has less maintenance this way and the point of a strong army is to slowly merge units until you have several Armys roaming the map, instead of a colossal amount of small units.

Siege Units acting as supports is pretty cool too. Siege towers that let melee units attack the city directly if they are adjacent, or battering rams that let melee units attack cities at full strength.

No, fuck you. One game does not change the quality of the other whatsoever, fucking delusional faggots do this shit all the time.
It's the most literal subjctive you can possibly be where you define the quality of a game based entirely on how it fairs against other games instead of it's own merits.

Civ Beyond Earth was a terrible game, rushed out the door as what looks like an expansion or modded game for Civ5, not even a complete game.
Fucking satellites were utter shit since they couldn't ever overlap. As long as your enemy had the solar energy satellites, you couldn't put offensive ones there, unless you took them out with your own units and the AI didn't had a spare to place on it's turn (it always had), but at that point, why bother with the satellites when you already have units there?

The closest to different factions was the 3 doctrines, but all sides had 2 resources they had to get to build their own special units. The only thing that changed was the color of the resources and units, it was the same all the time.

The leaders and the corporations were so bland it was clearly made on purpose. The game builds itself as a Civ game where factions compete but on an environment where your biggest foe should be the Planet and cooperation should be almost mandatory.

None of the charm or the mechanics of Alpha Centauri, none of the polish of Civ5 and the few mechanics it introduced were so badly implemented you were better off making regular military units instead.

I agree, the games related to Civilization VI are good.
But Civilization VI is not.

Yeah but OP I read on Kotaku that Civ 6 is better than Civ 5 with the brave new world expansion pack

as someone that pirated this is a wise decision you're not missing much, I've only played about 6 hours and I'm actually already pretty bored with it.

One thing that shits me off is that Warrior units have Axes… … … This is stupid. Neolithic people wouldn't have iron axes. They always had Clubs in previous civs. I also despise Cleopatra in this game, her depiction isn't even remotely accurate, I would've even taken Elizabeth Taylor over this depiction which is saying a lot. Also never-mind that the game has 3 fucking Greek Nations if you include Egypt.

Except for the workers, holy fuck what were they thinking.

I don't particularly mind the change to Worker Charges, you just make the workers you need based on the impovements you need.
But I've missed a lot of resources a lot of time because I forget they still don't have the right improvement on top of them and there's no warning for that.

With Civ5, I could automate all workers, make sure I have one per city and they'd build the right improvements to mine each resource first, then roads to connect places and then whatever improvement reflected the city priority.
Really wish there was a "Resources available but not being explored" view or warning or icon on the map…

Prepare for cultural enrichment

Stop shilling.

Civ6 is alright

VIDYA IS GREAT
VIDYA IS MERCIFUL
DEATH TO THOSE WHO INSULT VIDYA

True but for some dumb reason that was as intended. Also, I take it you haven't played this in awhile? They fixed some of the more obvious blunders and you can find mods that do the rest.

I was thinking they made an Ayy race first time bloody Gandhi spoke to me and yeah, the workers are OK. Bit strange they didn't add a slavery policy for everyone and not just Aztecs.
The strategic resource system is bullshit though. For one thing they re-added the requirement for gunpowder units so if you're out of nitro - you're really shit out of luck.

Fuck you too.

I just keep playing Alpha Centauri. I try all the new 4X but I just go back to Alpha Centauri.

What mods do you use currently? I've been using Codex recently, but it isn't finished.

This tbqh

Then get Spore.

civ VI = civ IV > civ III > civ V > beyond earth
didn't play civ I and II nor the original alpha centauri lol

Is there no way to edit just the science rate? You could easily do it in Civ 4 and 5. I don't want to play marathon, shit takes too long to build stuff.

If not, fuck Firaxis will never purchase the game.

LMAO

Mostly related and manual .xml changes

Endless Legend>Any Civ Game

I didn't know it was that good user, I'll have to give it a try now.