What are the best Japanese vidya companies?

What are the best Japanese vidya companies?

Other urls found in this thread:

dokidokivisual.com/magic_of_stella/star_liner_magicofstella_2016.php?&small=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The ones who haven't ditched vidya for pachinko yet.

Y-you know the answer.

Sega of japan is absolutely based.
They made some major fuck ups in the past, but currently it is my favourite video game company.

Bandai Namco
Capcom
Konami

They really care about video games and it shows.

why

This. The proletariat should throw off their shackles and sieze the means of vidya production

They also know how to avoid subversion.

It's less about being a fanbaby and more about being interested in the medium.

The holy Trinity. In Gust we trust.

Without them I'd have stopped playing games and do something productive with my free time.

I haven't played a Gust game, they don't appeal to me, what makes them good? Maybe I'm missing something.

Why yes, it's Cav- oh wait…

Fanboys are to stupid to think for themselves.

Gust games are comfy and feature cute girls and nice music.

Playing then requires advanced weeb powers though.

It's quite normal.

There are people who worship sports teams, music groups, countries and even race.

It's only creepy when people abandon their own morals in support of something. Like with that football coach Sandusky- they let him rape kids because he made Penn State win matches.

There's your problem. The best games are made by individuals.

Shill it to me user, last I played was DW5.

ベテスダ

Yet they fucked over the American branch to the point the fucked off out of hardware.

It's like DW5 but with better graphics, better story, better combat, better everything. They only downside it has is there are a few cloned movesets between characters.
Still I think it's a better game than DW8, and is simply the best Musou game to date.

Katla is adorable

Nihon Falcom.

Phil Fish was right.

Sandlot

How's Grasshopper Manufacture? Haven't heard anything from those guys in a LONG time.

This is why people who actually play video games hate weebs.

Well I don't really care what other people think do I? Or I'd be playing Overwatch or GTA Online or Destiny or whatever normalfags play nowadays.
In fact I wouldn't want "real gamers" to contaminate my games with their "real gamer" AIDS.

She's a Jew but a good Jew.

Look, I can play retarded, too.

Never said that, I love plenty of non-weebshit Nip games.

You went too far. Best games are made without publisher.
It doesn't matter if it is one person or entire company. It all goes to shit when someone tells them what to do, and it applies to everything, not only vidya.

Because if some people do some work well, there is good chance they will do it well multiple times.
However I don't understand from where you got "worship" from.

Undertale is the greatest game of this decade then?

Vanillaware

They just care, man. All the cool shit they did for dragon's crown post-launch and that they added a classic mode and a remastered mode to odin sphere so you can choose to play it the ol' way or new way is just nice.

Doesn't mean

How about a real game developer?

there's very few good jap game companies, 90% of them just push out garbage and VNs

so no more VC PC ports?

Japanese barely play on PC, and half of those that do are pirates, why waste time and money on ports?

This. They were jealous of how well Sega of America was doing and killed themselves instead of accepting it.

Considering the sales of VC on PC "blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water" (in Sega's own words) I don't see why they wouldn't.

ADK
Aruze
Atlus
Eighting/Raizing
From
GameArts
Hudson
Konami
Masaya
Mistwalker
Moss
Namco
Psikyo
Sega
SNK
Squaresoft
Taito
Takumi
Treasure

The meme is true, superior through and through

Mostly good tier

Sometimes good tier

Extremely competent developers managed by extremely retarded suits tier

piracy is incredibly uncommon in Japan because the punishment is so extreme and actually enacted, and scaled for population, about the same percentage of Japanese players play on PC compared to console as they do in America.

Why do you make up everything you post?

Oh sorry, western gaming also includes diverse (((indies))) and masterpieces like Battleborn and No Man's Sky.

we found the PC gamer. I don't know why they are like this. Oh well. Back to playing cute games with great game play and music. Probably doesn't even watch anime or thinks "moe" SoL is still relevant. lol.

Is there still hope for Ace Team?

There, a bunch of good relatively modern western games. Some of those are even indie too.

devil daggers is kind of a pathetic 5 minute throw-away game. Mount & blade is also from 2010. I think you've got a bit of a skewed perspective of modern.

scratch that, you've got a skewed perspective of good. I think you need a dosage of good games, stat.

It's simple as shit but the game is incredibly deep. Try surviving for 10 minutes and tell me otherwise. I also personally believe that it is the best audiovisual experience in games because of the incredibly well done demonic sound effects, AI flocking and movement, and binaural audio. Imagine if it was an arcade game in the 90's, people would have gone absolutely nuts about it and it'd probably still be regarded as one of the greatest arcade games of all time.
Yet it's still being updated and the sequel is looking good. The point is that the developer of it is western and still competent.
What's wrong with it? 8/10 gameplay, 10/10 music and art, 8/10 story, 10/10 presentation.

Also recommend me some "good games" Mr Fancypants.

A game so buggy and unplayable that it had to be fixed by fans posthumously and bankrupted the very company who made it, and divided its own community into two groups of unique snowflake faggots, one who is okay with homosex content and one who outright removed it in their own fan patch. Game is lauded and hailed as being such a great storytelling experience, but the story is trash.

A Brujah decides to finally up and do something about the Camarilla, and tricks everyone into believing that there's a coffin with an elder inside. In truth it's a coffin with a bomb inside, and the player gets to choose to open it and explode, or not open it. And then their character chooses one of the factions and the credits roll while Swamped by Lacuna Coil plays.

Wow, such great storytelling.

it's pozed too

nice bait
tell me more about this

what game

retard saga

Devil Daggers is a horde game, there can't be anything less interesting except perhaps a boss rush game. I think you are conflating difficulty with depth. Have you played Thief? I've yet to see a game that does sound better in any way. All the best arcade games have little if anything in common with Devil Daggers.

frankly, the sequel is looking like more of the same except a handful of expansions in areas. It seems like they've been selling the same game since the original was in beta, and I've long since been burnt out on the slow feel of mount & blade because I've been playing it since before warband was announced.

The problem with bastion comes down to the lackluster level design, god awful enemy vareity. These two faults go hand in hand, and they exacerbate each other greatly.

I posted one already, check out its sequel on the same platform, Cotton Boomerang too - which is one of the best shmups of all time, and I think it's one of the few shmups that can be competed without ever firing a single shot. I've also been enjoying Touhou Scarlet Curiosity, very frantic combat combined with bullet hell bosses creates a very unique sense of flow in combat. Some might suggest Furi for the same thing, but Furi was lackluster, padded, and frontloaded all its game play to very clearly segmented boss phases instead of creatively leading the player to a natural growth, it forces the player into a brick wall and tells them to figure out how to climb it.

Frankly, I've been playing a lot of Saturn games lately, but even then there's a number of great modern games that appeal to me. The last ones that really clicked was Odin Sphere leifthrasir. I'm very excited for Ni-Oh after two great demos, Nier Automata also looks tremendous. I enjoyed Uncharted 4 as a popcorn shooter, but it had some novel stealth and shooting sections, plus some really enjoyable set piece moments.

I'm fine with separating Japan from every other country as far as game development goes.

What's wrong with horde games? They're easy to make but that doesn't make the gameplay bad. And the difficulty isn't in testing your reflexes and accuracy like most shooters, it's in your ability to manage groups of enemies and be constantly aware of your surroundings by predicting all of the different AI patterns since you can't see everywhere at once. Think of it as a bullet hell rather than a horde shooter where you are able to destroy the bullets. It exemplifies a lot of the qualities of bullet hell games but it gives you a lot more freedom in how you navigate the bullets and eliminate them since you can't judge dodge them forever.

And yes I've played Thief. It has excellent sound too because of the way sound propogates through the environment, but I don't think the quality of the sounds themselves really compare to those of Devil Daggers (and the binaural audio is nice too).

It does look like more of the same but it also looks universally better. I don't really know what features they should implement that they aren't already implementing so I really can't complain.

Level design is pretty mediocre, but I didn't have any problems with enemy variety. I haven't played it recently so I can't say for sure, bud I'd reckon there were at least 10 fairly distinct enemy types which is all I need in an action game. I think having a shit ton of enemies that all function similarly is much worse than a handful that feel distinct from one another. To each their own though.

Well there's definitely some good games you're recommending here, I'll check out those shmups but Uncharted 4? Really?

You can't just say Bastion has shit enemy variety and level design then go on to praise a game where every enemy is just a low health dude with a normal gun outside of the occasional sniper, and whose level design is a bunch of chest high walls and "cinematic" scripted railroaded setpieces (I guess some of the more open parts had okay level design but nothing special). I'll admit the convoy chase was pretty neat, but it still had shit like hitscan weapons and regenerating health so I wouldn't even say it was good, just technically impressive.

Here's my 3x3 by the way, and I need to clarify that mods are included and there is no way in hell Shivering Isles would be close to this list without them (and it doesn't include Oblivion). And yes I get that Danganronpa isn't a game, I just felt it should be here anyways for being absolutely insane which is pretty entertaining and I can't really put it anywhere else.

Western = not Japan, China, or Korea
at least in this context.

here, play this
dokidokivisual.com/magic_of_stella/star_liner_magicofstella_2016.php?&small=0

I'm surprised you forgot bastions pallette swaps.

Nigger, this isn't "lol east vs. west," no matter how bad you want to make it that. I'm saying that "cute girls doing cute things" and "comfy music" is not enough to make a game good. That retard responded by implying that if it wasn't a game like that, it must be some AAA dogshit like GTA Online or Destiny. He's retarded, and so are you, for either failing to understand the argument or willfully missing the point.

Who would have though
Get some fucking taste you plebs

If you can't read then why are you posting on a board that communicates largely through text?

Also I've never heard of a person who can write but can't read, you are quite strange.

Actually I wasn't always a weeb.

But I turned into one because nobody makes games like Homeworld or Baldur's Gate anymore. It's all social shit now.
Westerns devs can't write stories and characters anymore.

Ask your mom