Post the rarest game you have ever played

Post the rarest game you have ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

synthetic-reality.com/warpath32.htm
ebay.co.uk/itm/JET-SET-RADIO-FUTURE-ORIGINAL-XBOX-PRE-OWNED-REGION-PAL-/122085008384?hash=item1c6cd56400:g:ZQYAAOSwawpXvwxE
ebay.co.uk/itm/Jet-Set-Radio-Future-JSRF-Xbox-Complete-BRAND-NEW-NOT-SEALED-/222283383310?hash=item33c11f420e:g:5agAAOSwdzVXjJ6-
youtube.com/watch?v=l6J6n09vxSU
romhacking.net/helpads/543/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My shadowgate clone written in visual basic with all graphics done in paint.

sup /woo/

The rarest game I've played was Warpath- an old 1997 game where you take over planets and create alliances and blow people to hell.

It's free now, I played it for years and it basically shaped my idea of what a "good" game is.

synthetic-reality.com/warpath32.htm

Ramjets.
A weird game about jet fighter melee combat done by the same guy who did GISH. Unfortunately I think he nuked the download for it.
A New Zero is pretty fun though.

I got a copy of Misadventures of Tron Bonne, I think that's about it though.

Debris
Monkey Shines
Boogaloopers
Blood Pong - I was probably in posession of the single existing copy of the game on Windows, but I foolishly lost the shareware game disk. as far as I know only the Mac version is circulating around the internet

>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My nigger.

(checked)

I'd play that.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where is /woo/-tan?

Very good.

it was so repetitive it hurts

I'm currently replaying it. I've played it a lot in my earlier days, so it's still pretty fun to just zone out listening to some music while leveling your magic.
I won't deny that it's pretty generic, shallow and repetitive, tho.

Give me Klonoa 2 and I'll suck your dick.

DON'T POST YOUR RARE GAMES HERE
YOU WILL CRASH THE MARKET

is JSRF actually rare? I've got the version that's on the same disc as Sega GT that came with the original xbox.

fuck man, I'd love to get another copy of Solatorobo

Apparently it's not the easiest thing to find in South East Asia, especially on the Vita.

You can emulate the game. No need to suck my dick.

I feel your pain brother. Eventually the number of working Xbox classics will reach 0 and the game will be lost to time.

The version of the game without SEGA GT 2002 retails for a pretty penny, that's for sure.
ebay.co.uk/itm/JET-SET-RADIO-FUTURE-ORIGINAL-XBOX-PRE-OWNED-REGION-PAL-/122085008384?hash=item1c6cd56400:g:ZQYAAOSwawpXvwxE
ebay.co.uk/itm/Jet-Set-Radio-Future-JSRF-Xbox-Complete-BRAND-NEW-NOT-SEALED-/222283383310?hash=item33c11f420e:g:5agAAOSwdzVXjJ6-

Last I checked emulation of Klonoa 2 is still broken

Ah, that's a pity. This guy has managed to get it almost right, but it's missing a few things here and there.
youtube.com/watch?v=l6J6n09vxSU

I also have this too.

Preeetty good. an original zelda clone done right

2nd fave game right here.

Why did these types of game just die out?

games*

Woe to the conquered , still the rarest one i have played was Tomba! and i still regret not jewing my friend over and keeping it by claiming i broke it and compensating him by buying another game as a replacement instead of returning it to him

You know what would have happened if you followed through on that idea…

there's only a few thousand physical copies of this game in existence

Steambot Chronicles

Is Warpath actually rare? I played this a ton back in the late 90s with a friend, flying around and spreading plagues.

I figured it'd be somewhere around pic related.

probably warwind or darkcolony

Star Fox 2, and star fox 64 (((2)))

Yeah, i would still have the fucking game today
i saw him a couple of years ago ,he's got a family and shit now so the discussion eventually went from his kids and how they're doing in school to our school days and of course videogames and shit we used to do. So i find out that a few years after they moved away from where he lived he actually sold all of his videogame stuff alongside other shit at a garage sale to buy a drum set or a surf board or something like that , that one of his new stoner friends recommended to do to fit in better and share the same interests of the new crowd he was hanging out with

How the fuck did you get a copy of that?

by helping buy it

That's pretty cool user.

it cost $400 and about 4 and a half months of shipping but it was worth it

Wait, what?

That's pretty cheap for something that has a THOUSAND copies, you must have had one hell of a deal.

Is it good, at least?

yahoo auctions jp, but you do have to consider some video game tea cup merchandise sells for $400.

I chipped in about $40.

The sub got finished? Neat.

For it to be worth $400, it better be made of solid gold or something.
You gonna put that shit up for download or something?

I still have the Game Empire CD ("Over 250 Games!). Fun times.

It already is easily available, google nog.

I have a game called station.exe i had from my old pc from back in the earlier days of 4chan's /x/.
basically a slender-type game before slenderman, which had 3 or so enemies which had their own mechanic. as in terms of rarity, i can;t even fucking find any info on it at all.

this and Hotel Dusk

Sucks, bro. Tomba! is such a baller game.

oh and

Those aren't dubs you fucking faggot. Kill yourself.

Eh, it's alright. Everywhere it deviated from its core formula like the go kart minigame and the top down underground area sucked.

Opinions are subjective, i think Tomba! is a little more than just "okay".

Same, haven't finished it though.

The objective is to prevent being damaged while drawing a line to reveal a part of the picture.

pretty much an arcade that predates the internet.

You actually pitched in your money for that?
You're literally better than 99% of Holla Forums and actually give a shit about video games.
If i could exterminate 90% of this shitty board full of scum to give you one more year of life, i would.

the game or the tea cups? There's only a few hundred in existence, I own two of them.

First thing that comes to mind are some games I played as a child on my dad's old Mac OS 8/9 computer. Probably not exactly rare, just not well known.

Is Hotel Dusk really that rare? I know Last Window is, and I've been kicking myself for not getting a copy a few years ago, because the price seems to have jumped up recently.

Both. $400 is a pretty heft price to pay for any single item that does very little apart from be a videogame and hold liquids.

Fuck you

I remember user asking for this one on a dead imageboard in what is now probably completely dead part of the intertubes. I still have the archive lying around somewhere.

Some N64 game where play as chameleons and a PS1 game called Pandemonium.

Chameleon Twist? Not rare at all, i had both entries.

yeah but it's really cute

It was the one with the three playable characters.
The farthest I got on it was the third boss, I think it was a giant frog.

I'll give you that.

do you really own a copy of saga?

physical copy

The Wonderful 101 copies sold.

I still own the disk and play it once and a while. Good fun.

"Sexy" Parodius. I don't think it ever saw a release outside Japan, and just as well.

OP said played not owned. I played a copy at a mall once when I was a kid, but I only ever owned a copy of the first panzer dragoon and Orta.

Rarest games I own is Shantae, a factory sealed copy of The Silver Case or the Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness sega saturn limited edition.

But it's stupidly easy to find pirated copies in South America, and that can't be said for a whole lotta games

-like shit

i want to serve her my cum

HOLY FUCK I REMEMBER DEBRIS

why does this thread seem so familiar?
It's like the same shit gets posted everyday but it gets forgotten

Wish I had screenshots, but it was some old IBM PS/2 era fortune teller thing. That isn't Fortune Teller. There was some other that was a side scrolling sort of Samurai thing from that era. Probabaly like C64 or Amiga bootlegs.

Ice cream?

ya , my favorite flavor is vanilla

Sick repeating (1)'s. You're really desperate right now, aren't you?

Crystal Crazy is my rarest I think.

I thought this said Rarest Pepe

What.

Not quite sure how rare these PS2 games are, but I know they're at least not very common. An Avalon Code I KNOW is getting harder to find. PS2 games are the oldest I got just about, save for my N64 games; but those are all standardly owned ones.

(OP)
Pic related.

Mah nigga.

Get your eyes checked famiglia

cant play it on windows 10

user could you please upload a mega link of that temporarily ? I would really appreciate it.

I understand though if you don't want to.

vivec?

i just replayed wild 9 a few months ago. remember renting it as a kid after playing it on a demo disc, good times.

This is pretty rare. I've never met anyone who has ever played it.

Nigga please, my grandma has the whole collection.

I would actually like to know where to download that

subtle shilling, i give you a 6/10

Last I checked, it wasn't available for digital purchase. Probably because they're afraid Nintendo is going to come after them.

I think I did see something about them looking into making it a free download at one point, however. Fingers crossed.

Was Chibi Robo at all rare? I still have my copy.

well here's hoping your dubs make it come true.

Anito

Never regretted it. It also was the kicker that made me go back and just avoid any new games for practically a solid year. Funny how I've gotten more use and more satisfying game purchases for the ps2 than with the ps4 I regret getting from a friend for 300 dollars.

Can anyone who has bought it just rip the damn thing? Not like i care about that degeneracy.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever mention FMA: Broken Angel

It was available for 1 kemoket and hasn't been seen since. Since it hasn't been leaked online yet, I'm assuming it was only nips who purchased a copy and they have no interest in ripping it for overseas people.

aw man, i remember renting this from Blockbuster, had some fun nights with that one. I forgot all about the FMA PS2 Games.

Rodea the Sky Soldier Wii version from buying the first print run of the Wii U version which was the only reason to buy it in the first place.

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) first print run with special soundtrack CD Only released in Australia/NZ

I don't get out enough to see what's kicking around the second hand but TXR tends to be uncommon (Except for 3 which I think is because of the bug it has). I think most people hold on to their copies. But anyways I've played a bunch of if not rare then very uncommon games.

Trying to get the Dead Rising achievement if it was the entire game, and you have guns, and other people trying to get it too. Gets a bit dull after a bit but the frame rate is awful and what sucks the most fun out of it. Shame as it has enough charm to be a cult title.

It's a Namco made TXR game (both the main series and Drift spin off) and it's glorious. Nice choice of cars, customization, vinyl wraps, fucking everything. But the physics are kinda ass and super drifty (So it's a Namco made TXR game to a T) Also the copy I have is the exact same one I played when I rented it and only found it years latter after looking and I doubt many people bought it to begin with

The best BEST Demolition derby game and nobody even knows, copies go for a pretty penny and don't recall seeing any other copies so I imagine it's decently uncommon.

Driving/RPG game. Deffinetly more on the RPG side then the racing game side. I think it's common enough but still kinda rare.

i chose poorly

was it a bad game or something? Honestly it looks kinda fun.

starting that game looks pretty ambitious with classes, stats, etc
but something really feels off with that game

you can play coop too if i remember correctly

I actually bought a copy of this game stuffed into a US Genesis cartridge shell for $2. The guys at the stall had absolutely no clue what it was.

http ://www.myabandonware.com/game/garage-3ey

Gungrave isn't rare I think.
Great game

Never thought to see a game made by Filipinos. Is it any good or is it just shit even for a foreign game?

This puzzle gzme where you played as an alien and solved pretty annoyig puzzles. Tile based and I always think of bicycles when I try to recall its name. No, not ET.

Okay, it was called Scout, according to my brother. Google gives me boy scouts, and puzzles for boy scouts. Surely someone played it.

muh flipland kapatid! I remember this game quite well, think I can still find a few boxed copies by my old Game seller, too bad bootlegs and pirated copies were the hotstuff back then, the game never had a chance.

It was average, there were better games back then, this was an RPG where you fight the evil foreigners who were disrupting the balance of the land, it won some independent game awards shit, kids were playing D2 a lot back then, so nobody gave a shit, but it did try to do something different and it had to do more with less.

I made a top view shooter like in Contra 3's topdown stages where you move around to different rooms shooting Satanists and Cultists in the game's "Prologue" episode while Rammstein blasts through the speakers. Then the boss you got Beast of Blood by Dir En Grey. I ripped the sprites off of Alien Breed.

I had a pretty dumb story too during my "edgy angsty teen" phase.

It was one the early examples of foreshadowing the future of videogames , an omen if you will , since it was what a steam greenlight game would look and is like today before steam was even an actual thing.

kaibigan, kaya mu paganahin sa windows 10 to? crash siya sa aken tapus ng opening video

This was in an arcade I went to before for a while. The backgrounds were physical painted objects and the knight guys were projected onto the background. I went back recently and it was gone and the guy working there said it broke and was sold.

I dont know if they actually are rare but i have the cartiages for both of these games.

There is also a copy of xenoblade chronicles at a gamestop near me but i dont have 60 bucks.

WHY NO LEAK
JESUS FUCK THIS IS BULLSHIT
THEY TRANSLATE A SHITTON OF GAYASS FUCKING VORE/LOLIFAG GAMES AND GOOD SHIT GETS GLOSSED OVER
FUCKING NIPPON

Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds Game
Never ever to be played again by man for all eternity ;__;

putangina! sorry user, it's very fucking old and the devs aren't too bothered to update it, because they usally experiment on a single game than abandoning it, try setting compatibility mode to Windows XP

A Є S T H Є T I C

Є

S

T

H

Є

T

I

C

I have these two, plus all the other "rare" ps3 games.

And some limitedruns games but those don't count.

The rarest gaem

MY
NIGGA

I don't think I've played many games that are considered rare, I've got the physical version of Tron Bonne with the Megaman Legends 2 demo, and the Jp version of Ace Combat 3 but the latter I'm sure is actually pretty common in nip land. Unless people consider Gitaroo man and Hack:// GU volume 2 rare.

Not sure if this counts but I got to play the arcade version of Skullgirls in Japan

not even Encore

abandoned as you'd expect

Ohhh shit I forgot about Microman. I also played it on one of those "over 500 games!" CDs that was filled with demos.

I played a lot of shitty obscure games since I bought a lot of those magazines that came with 200+ demos/sharewares, but I don't remember most of their names.
One of my favorite obscure RTSes is Rising Lands.

I fucking loved dark colony.

I have spent a lot of years on the various chans, but this is the first time i have ever seen anyone else even acknowledging that Rising Lands exists.
I absolutely loved it, it had some interesting ideas, and a good setting.
Shame it ended up in total obscurity.

I remember getting this for like 12 bucks.

The PC version of Splatterhouse. It's a Japanese Import as well. It's hard to come by on ebay. But it looks exactly like the arcade version.

if you consider VNs games then i guess this counts too

Can you rip it/make an iso? I cant find it anywhere, I know I could just emulate any other version but I want the PC one
Please

I have no clue on how to do that.

what makes a game rare

They don't sell physical copies of this and most nips don't know about it, is this rare?

However if I'm able to rip it and make an iso, maybe you can help me spread the word about my youtube channel in return. I'll host the iso on my website or something.

Dont worry I found it on Isozone thanks anyways, I love me some Splatterhouse

Alright, have fun playing Splatterhouse.

Id do that but im socially retarded and don't know many people to begin with, you will get even less views if I help

There's already a website that host the Splatterhouse Japan Import ISO. It's kinda pointless now.

It's at ISO Zone. Google it.

The games included aren't terribly rare, but the Collector's Edition itself is pretty damned hard to find.

Yeah already found it, ty. It.seems it doesnt support gamepads (not surprised being old as fuck) but Im trying it anyways.
One of my fav games on the arcades, I used to finish it all the time on some shitty local arcades I used to go, good times

You're welcome. It's one of my favorite games too. It's a lot easier for me to play this on a keyboard than on a game pad, I actually have the Xbox 360 remake of Splatterhouse and was able to play the arcade game with a Xbox 360 game pad. But either way, the keyboard gives me better control on Splatterhouse than a game pad does.

Steam hearts for the pc engine.

Translation is still being worked at. romhacking.net/helpads/543/

i'd say availability. If there's only a fixed and limited amount of something that was ever made with the chance of more of it ever existing being zero due to the original maker of it dying or simply being unavailable or unwilling to make more, that would make that something a rare thing

Usually that goes hand-in-hand with a price increase but that is not always a given since price is a supply&demand paired with market trends thing

Lol what a normalfaggot, go play cawdude or something, scrub

I played that, don't have it anymore though

league of legends

I guess The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, but I never owned it, I rented it from Hollywood Video. Though I find it hard to tell what's actually rare and valuable these days what with all the hipster price spiking and market cornering.

Though I do have a coworker who has a copy of Tron Bonne. I should ask her if it's in good condition.

Some game that looked like this, at my dad's office when I was like 3 or 4. You would scroll from right to left defeating enemies all swordsman that looked just like you with your sword, you could move right and left, attack and block, then, at the end of the stage, another guy would pop out from a door like that and it was the boss and was stronger than the other although he still looked the same as far as I remember there were buildings and towers in the background all in a pixelated grayscale like the picture I drew. Help me find it and I shall make thee king.
anime tits to catch your attention

hey was it madness interactive?

I've played Primal Rage 2. It's at the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Illinois. Literally only one copy of the game exists.

My nigga!

It's one of those rare games that makes a terrible shitty turtle like me go full aggressive and have fun doing it.

fucking kemoket, that's the second thing exclusive to it that I'll never get to own

the first thing was cherushii's Pokemon Gen 1/2 piano remix album

When I was a little kid I played Cashman on my Grandpa's ancient computer. It was on a floppy disk. I don't know if any copies exist today.

I own both versions of the same game on cartridge. Both were never officially released. Both are repro-carts, but the SNES one is rarer than the Sega Genesis one.

It's not hard to find, but how many anons can honestly say they played it?
I have though, under rated as fuck game.

Forgot the name of it, but it was a christian dungeon crawler.

Saints of Virtue

It's as if Doom went vaporwave and was made for christians, but was also a lot like Silent Hill in a theater.exe way

No, it wasn't. Everything was pixelated and the game was most definitely not even on windows, we're talking about 20 years ago here. Also the characters weren't stickmen like the ones I drew, they were just a pixelated mess.

i found a disc only copy of that for £2 at a car boot once

I lost the disc

Here is an mspaint i just did of a game whos title i do not know and i played in 1998ish on a random unlabeled cd i found in a pile in a relative's house.

Gameplay physics similar to asteroids, but had gravity on planets, was extremely easy to crash and very punishing gameplay. You'd take off, attack enemy convoys and try to capture enemy planets by orbitting around them destroying buildings trying not to crash or get shot down.

I've tried numerous times to find out what this game was called to no avail. This game is so rare nobody even knows what its called and this mspaint image is probably the only thing that can even explain what it is. Note the image is big and spread out to scale with my memory, the actual screen view size was about 2x the diameter of the green planet.

I feel like my explanation was lacking, this is how the game actually looked, the only differences between the real game and this mspaint would be the density of buildings on planets, the much wider play area in the actual game, and the straightness of lines. Also the game had a funky pulsating effect on all the line colors, so the green planet buidlings would kinda fluctuate between cyan through green to yellowish and do so more rapidly when taking damage.

(((/woo/)))
Where do you think you are?
>>>/wooo/
Masterrace

Her name is Ako the intergender interspecies champion of the universe.

I'm guessing Tzar.

Game looks really damn nice, the portraits are 10/10. Shame the visuals are really damn poor for a mega-drive game.

I own an English copy of Saga.

Oh shit nigger I played that game!

Bad news is I don't remember the name either. What I remember was how satisfying it felt to sling shot around planets to go sanic fast. It was hard as fuck to pull off but when I did, oh baby.

I remember playing it on a disk that seemed to come out of nowhere when I was a kid. Pic related. It was called "350 great games. Maybe it's one of those mentioned. I can't seem to find a full list either.

Probably either of these.

I own Bad Day LA but not Two Worlds, mind you.
Might have to look through my games collection later and see if I have anything rare.

Civilization: Call to Power beta for Linux. There weren't many sent out.

Was Bad Day LA good?

You can still buy Bad Day in LA on fucking Amazon. Neither of those games are rare.

no

Not very.

i stole a copy of E.V.O. from one of my bullies when I was in seventh grade. when my mom found out (after we had moved to another town) she gave it to goodwill while I was away for the weekend so that I couldn't go get it back. when i see what people are charging for it on ebay now it makes me want to puke… and i honestly just want to have it to play again

Weird. In this part of the world it's really hard to find someone who is into TBS and haven't played Disciples II. The first one - definitely, but not the sequel.

That's awesome. When were they working on a Linux version? Seems like most people don't even remember the Call to Power games but I grew up on them.

I REMEMBER THAT SHIT. I want to say it came with one of those '99 games for windows' packs, but I could be wrong.

Oh shit, it's one of the other three!

Conflict Zone.

That's some exceptional taste you've got there, user.

classic bullshittery
the truth of the matter is probably more along the lines of MS having a vice grip on their balls with an exclusivity agreement

The only relatively uncommon game I own is Pikmin 2, specifically the one with the crawdad on the cover. It's probably not actually that rare.

I suppose my rarest would have to be Red Star, or otherwise some OS 8.X/9.X game.

My brother and I had a copy of that, along with Twilight Princess for Gamecube. He lent both of them to a friend from school and I never saw them again.

I have Vampire Hunter D

Never got far because I'm dumb as shit.