Well minecraft got smoothed in a mod

well minecraft got smoothed in a mod
the graphics actually look good now
opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanojotoys.com/chokouha-brick-onahole-p-1109.html
github.com/DoctorWiggles/GrimoireOfGaia/releases/tag/1.4.0-ALPHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It looks even worse than before, it's a worthless mod and a worthless thread promoting this just to give it views.

I think the fact that you're looking for views on your shitty video on a game we helped create and then the creator ditched us to get perma-autism bucks and then also sold the whole thing to microjew, makes you very goddamn dumb.

stop implying shit i never said
i'm just talking about the graphics
and how the fuck am i shilling a 2 year old video?

user, I've used that mod before, it doesn't even work on current versions

Boy, it really fucks up ore mining. If the modder patches that up it'll be a pretty solid mod.

But, at the end of the day, no matter how good it looks, it's still Minecraft. And Minecraft is fun for a lazy afternoon for about twenty minutes, but it's not a very deep or thrilling experience.

well at least to me they look better than vanilla

you should be ashamed

Oh dude the graphics got improved that is SOOOOO good considering that's what everyone was concerned about.

i don't get why we can't just ignore the shit and talk about what the thread was supposed to be about

Just looks like a simple marching cubes tessellation shader.

Graphics aren't the problem, OP, it's the lack of meaningful content. Of course, it also doesn't help that the general trend for modpacks is "throw everything in and try to railroad progression."

The graphics don't look better, and anyone who thinks it is better only thinks that way because of the knowledge that people make fun of the game for being blocky.

kys OP and delete this thread before I go over their and ram a iron pipe into your urethra.

This thread is bad, you should feel bad OP.

well i still think it looks better. i mean, can you say that the graphics don't look bad because of the blockyness?

it's the first and only video i saw on the mod, do you want me to find another video with no commentary to suit your special needs?

i feel justified in most of my actions during this thread

allegedly

You posted it despite it being old. I'm sure all the minecraft autists already know of the mod and has most likely been discussed to death already. The cancerous video was just icing on the cake. Again kys OP for being a faggot.

the last time i played minecraft was almost a year ago
i saw the video about 20 minutes ago, in the recommended list
i did not know about the mod until now
you can't shame me for ignorance fam, sticks and stones

well i was playing an earlier version than 1.7.2

The graphics don't look bad from blockyness, at least, not so specifically that taking the same textures and same low-detail terrain and slap some non-right angles on it makes it not just a pile of garbage.

How's the modding in MC since the windows 10 version launched and they went back to their 'one terrible update every two weeks to ruin everything' cycle? Is there anything worthwhile or should I still be playing 1.7.2/1.6/etc?

To only thing that minecraft needs is a shader mod and source engine physics.

sage for shit thread and not webming

Windows 10 Edition didn't really change much. Aside from a few mods stuck on 1.7.10, or god forbid, 1.8.9, most of them have been ported to 1.10.2, and some newer mods have sprung up since then, including a few that introduce seasons.

Fuck you OP. Fuck you for exposing me to this kind of faggotry.

It went from looking like a Sega 32X game to a PS1 game, wow.

i feel nauseous. it's like they decided

>houses and trees are still blocky garbage
epic

Looks like shit and makes it annoying as fuck.
If you want game that managed to make blocks and overworld well just go for 7 Days to Die.

not with "SHAY DURRS" it doesn't. Looks like ass actually.

Also, even if you mute his stupid voice, he won't stop drawing circles with his 50000DPI gaymur mouse and it's disorienting as fuck.
How can anyone tolerate this trash?

OP is an underage faggot.

still doesn't fix the core gameplay loop

Moar

dubs

dubs

An old, abandoned mod.
Would be great to have an actually functional version of this with RealisticTerrainGeneration, an HD texturepack and a good shaderpack. Maximum Comfyness

There's still a "thanks Holla Forums" or some such in the title-screen message-of-the-day bit if I remember right. Just the usual selective memory where Holla Forums and big projects are concerned since Notch stopped listening to Holla Forums fairly quickly.

threadly reminder that minetest is free and better

It still attracts massive amounts of annoying autists, regardless

That looks pretty cool actually. I like the surreal, jumbled feel of the blocks when they're like that, especially the tunnels. Personally I think if this idea were taken further and turned into a full game or a fuller mod experience, it could be really good.

Now, I think surrealism is a good thing here. The various lumps of familiar blocks and ores all being crushed into weird polygon-ish shapes is incredibly cool. It's like seeing a twisted version of something you're already familiar with, and I dig that sorta shit. However I think that, taking this further, and adding in some really funky and bizarre looking blocks, could make this absolutely radical. I'm sort of a fag for surreal designs though, so, it's probably just me.

I think utilizing some more advanced physics would be better with the slopes and jumbles in the terrain. Think of Quake; launching yourself off of slopes and using the smallest shapes in the terrain to your advantage. This would be fun as you could not only build neat structures, but you could also build various shapes and architecture to help you speed across your world faster. It'd be a fun challenge to create various shapes and ramps and to see what one propels you the furthers, and to place them in various positions to help you attain a maximum speed before launching yourself via a ramp into a carefully positioned pond of water.

Ignore the shitposters. I think we have an idea to discuss here.

Some bizarre-ass combination of Minecraft and a Source game Surf server sounds fantastic and so it'll never happen.

Yeah it looks great. Too bad its still Minecraft.

you didnt help with shit, just because you were there doesnt mean you had anything to do with it. this is nigger logic

well now

how did she do that?

ask a loli

kanojotoys.com/chokouha-brick-onahole-p-1109.html

Since this thread is dying anyways I'll just post this here:

I want to expand this old map to update it to a newer version before this halloween (it will use the same mods as before. Grimoire of Gaia)

What would you like to see in a spooky castle exploration map?

I'd like a mod that implements

-quests and decent bosses
-special items that don't suck (think about zelda or something like that)
-Decent dungeon crawling feels. (think of Diablo 1)

Pic related, my final goal.

Like I said earlier, if this had funcional collision and mining it would rock. Get a skateboard mod then just go nuts on some crazy landscapes created with RTG.

wew

Would help to know what other mods you have there and what minecraft version you're using.
GoG is already a top notch mod, you're probably going in the right direction.

Is this what the people of Reddit live like?
Hmm… This might
NOT
be alright.

1.8.9, since it's the last GoG version.The original author added all sorts of small events, something that enhances action stuff would be neat.

Example:

Or something like the goatman quest from Diablo where some cunt tells you to wait until he makes an item and then tries to murder you.
If I had enough time I'd turn the town next to the castle into some sort of Diablo-like town with quests and all. So far the only thing that you can find there are some traps and tales.

github.com/DoctorWiggles/GrimoireOfGaia/releases/tag/1.4.0-ALPHA
1.10 will work wonders on the combat.
Also, I never tried making an adventure map, but I bet using Custom NPCs mod to create helpers/merchants/custom bosses would be great. Also, Infernal Mobs is a thing, not sure if you can force mobs to spawn with select modifiers tough.

The map is pretty much done. I'd just make it more fun by updating it to the newer versions. I hope it doesn't get all messed up.

Smooth terrain or not, the game is still garbage.

The map I'm editing already has some simple mimic system implemented (trap chest+spawner)
Is there a way to do this better?

This. Minecraft started out with alot of potential but then it went the lazy rough. After you master redstone and get good at building fancy houses their isn't really any reason to "play". Mods used to keep it interesting but all the good mod creators fucked off because Mojang never offered proper mod author tools after promising them. It became a full time job just to update your mods ever few mounts and dealing with the autistic kids crying for you to update to the latest version.

t. former mod creator and texture artist

Please tell me how you helped to create Minecraft? Did you do some coding for it? Some graphics perhaps?

Sad but true. It needs so few things to become good but they just won't add them. I'd pay 20$ more if they add decent rpg elements. We'd have a god-tier dungeon crawler/WRPG maker

I was there back when he used to post on 4chan, and then back before he turned the comments off on his tumblr.

The game was once small, believe it or not.
Small enough that individual people shaped it with their input, and in part laid the groundwork for what eventually became major sections of the game and it's mechanics.

tfw there will never be another seecret friday update
tfw the game is dead and all updates past 1.7.10 are not to be spoken of
tfw notch went full jew and lived to regret it
tfw he just wanted to make games

Nobody cares about your game, Notch. Sage