Vidya Trivia Thread

Did you know that when an arcade machine for Tekkens 1, 2, 3, or Tag Tournament is turned on, it will say "good morning." If anyone has any post mostly useless vidya trivia facts in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're playing pinball and if you shake the machine too much, a guy might come and tell you to stop it.

What if instead of shaking it, you tilt it?

In Battle Network 3, there's supposed to be an unwinnable boss fight against Bass.

You can win it, and you get a different cutscene.

This information is fake and was edited in for an LP

No it was totally real I've done it before

you going to jail

That's not a fun fact at all.

The cutting room floor has a lot of interesting stuff in it.

tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor

A lot of games try to hide Micheal Jackson music in their songs. The Japanese loved this guy.

Here's another. It's an unused song from SMT that has Beat It.

One of my fave bits of trivia

Bill Roper is the narrator of the War2 intro and does the voice of the peons, grunts, footmen, elves and naval units.

get out of here giver

Also the guy who did the soundtrack for Gravity Rush also did most of the soundtrack for One Piece. That's why it gives you that sense of adventure!

Kohei Tanaka also worked with Motoi Sakuraba on the Resonance of Fate Sountrack. It's my favorite soundtrack of any JRPG. There are some memorable tunes in others like Golden Sun or Tales games which also have Sakuraba, and Shoji Meguro is good for Persona/SMT, but RoF is magical for me.

that's fucking dedication right there

That's really nothing special. Most artist use (Or should use) real life as a reference.

With each new game in the NES Megaman series: the bosses get increasingly taller.

Did you know that, by holding down a button as you win in Tekken, you can choose a win pose? Some games allow you to hold multiple buttons down for even more win poses.

Lego Island 2 is one of the most poorly designed games in history. Almost every object in it is a unique asset - for example each tree is not the same file placed repeatedly on the map, but a duplicate file.
The most striking example is the asteroid belt minigame where at first glance you pass along 3 variations of asteroids, but in reality each and every single one is a duplicated file - amounting to around 600 files to load for that level.

That's probably because as the designs get more and more complex they had to make the sprites bigger in order to fit more details

In Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, having a Saibaman explode on Yamcha is an instant kill.

In Persona 3 entering the velvet room with Mara as your equipped persona, Igor and Elizabeth comment on that being your inner self.

In Megaman Battle Network 5 double team DS, by inserting different GBA games in the GBA slot of the DS you can unlock multiple forms based on the game inserted, inserting Boktai gives you a style styled after the MC of the boktai series and changes your charge shot into his main weapon, and inserting a 100% file GBA Megaman BN5 cartridge changes megamans form to look like Bass and gains his buster for his charge shot or his dark disk attack depending on which version of battle network 5 you use.

Spyro 3's anti-piracy measures

You cannot deflect scorpion shots in Nuclear Throne, but if you melee it just after it fires but the projectiles are still on top of its sprite, it will die from its own projectiles.

This is the most cancerous shit I've ever read.

The bootleg video game "TITENIC" is actually spelled that way to avoid copyright issues and is not an unintentional misspelling.

Most bootleg games with bizarre names like that tend to follow the same premise.

Reminded me of the parody of Mechanical Man that's in WC2