Dual or Single Monitor

Should I save up for a good, single monitor or should I stick with my single shitty one and buy a nother for a dual monitor set up?

I'm really close to just buying another shitty monitor because i've heard a dual monitor setup is really good.

Nothing's stopping you from dual monitoring with one good and one shitty monitor.

Save for a good one to use as your main monitor, then keep the shitty one for chans, speccy, mumble or a movie.
My third monitor uses vga, but since it's only there to display text and such, it really doesn't matter.

I used to run a dual monitor setup but I wanted the card to be as silent as possible when I'm not gaming and running apparently running two non-identical monitors automatically makes your card run hotter/fans run faster.

Having one monitor sucks though.

Two monitors are incredibly useful.

I know there are diminishing returns, but 3 monitors is the sweet spot for me. Check your local junkyard, people throw out generic 1080p monitors all the time

This.
Get a really nice single monitor for main use.
I was a retard and wasted money on triple 1080p 144Hz setup, I fell for the surround gaming meme.
Since then I bought an Acer XB270HU bprz, and a single good monitor is way better for games/everyday use.

Just buy a new good monitor and keep the old one as your secondary. doesn't matter if they're different size or resolutions even it works fine and helps a lot with space issues.

Are there any hard numbers to back this up? I didn't really see much of a difference when running a single monitor setup a couple weekends back.

Your old monitor becomes the secondary. That's how life works. Lion king shit, nigga.

well the thing is, I would have to save up for another couple of weeks to get the $300 shekel monitor I want, but im wondering if I should just buy a shitty one right now to get the dual set up right now and if thats worth it

maybe id have room for 2 monitors if i didnt need to keep my pc up here but the floor is lava so i dont have much of a choice

Do you need two monitors for work? Or do you want to work around some wizzadry to get games working on split screen to play with other people?

No? One screen is better then, the gap will always stare you in the face.

you could put something nice in the gap, like a vase with some flowers or an onahole

The only real downside is that it will always feel claustrophobic going back to a single screen.

I would have the main monitor front and foremost, while the second one would be off to the side, so that I could shitpost and play video games at the same time.

or fap

Two monitors is infinitely more useful.

If you do any sort of graphic/website/video/audio design work then you may even want to aim for three.

I have a different question. I'm barely saving some money for a bigger monitor, because working on this one really sucks. I have a 19" monitor and I'd figure getting a 24" one would make a big difference and it wouldn't be an expensive jump. But then I saw that for 30% more I can get a 27" one, which in comparison to my 19" one it would be huge.

Is a 27" monitor really worth it, especially when working with multiple windows and watching chinese cartoons? Or is the jump to 24" big enough? I'm broke, and after I buy one I'll sell my current one.

what about if i just look at hentai, shitpost and play video games?

If you think you've got problems trying to motivate yourself to play vidya now, it's 1000x worse when you've got a second monitor to watch tv/shitpost on while trying to play vidya.

Having a second monitor destroys your attention span.

27" isn't really all that worth it unless it's at least 1440p Though I prefer 25" for that resolution
24" should be fine.

Surely the first option is the same as the second (unless you're selling the old monitor to pay for the new one). Don't bother playing games over two screens if money is an issue since that's hard to do with acceptable performance on old hardware.

Alright then, guess the 34 inch one is good enough

No need to go for anything beyond 24'' if you're just going 1080p or superior 16:10 1920x1220.

I just want 1080p so I can make my game for that resolution and finally watch 1080p movies, you have no idea how much I wanted to watch movies in 1080p.

Good single monitor, easily. My second monitor is basically useless

Since we're talking monitors, do you think a laptop with a gtx750m is able to handle dual monitor setup? I'd disable the laptop screen and run a 1050x1680 (just the 16:10 up on it's side) and a 1920x1080 monitor.

Always go for moar.

If you have lower end hardware multiple large resolutions might slow it down a little that's the only thing you'll have to consider.

And 144hz is great, but if your computer ain't rendering the games fast enough, then what's the point?

Nothing wrong with having a high resolution display on your video card and using a low res display connected to say, your motherboard which is using 256MB ram.

Except for the rare nvidia driver crash or HOW THE FUCKING SHIT IS A PAIN TO SET UP WITH SOME MOTHERBOARDS/VIDEO CARDS.

Some games let you set insane resolutions, playing doom or quake on several monitors is worth trying out.

Just have it launch in a window and drag into a postion that works if the screens have different screen resolutions.

Step it up, senpai.

I use huge HDTV surrounded by two monitors.
I'll be blind by age 40

this is exactly what I do. I use the good monitor for gaming and my shitty old one I just play TV shows on while I'm playing whatever. living the dream

crt + oled

I did this and now I regret it, a 40" FHD 2 years ago when now for the same amount of money I can have a larger decent 4k screen. It's currently flanked by two 4:5 monitors on one side and a 16:10 on the other. Trying to get a tablet PC to be used as digitizer so it'll be 5 screens one day, if I can get it to work.

Those are still three things