Uematsu and toby are self taugh

is this why their music is the best?

are self taugh musicians better than college graduates?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eEcPakW42JU
youtube.com/watch?v=lGaneyDfyls&ab_channel=EluTran
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he literally stole this track, friendly reminder

bait

Wait really?

Going to college doesn't make you good at something.

I don't hear it.

Vid not related?

Stole from what?

There is college for music? What do you graduate as? Professional parasite?

You probably graduate as someone good enough to play in an orchestra or teach music.

I think this is what he's talking about.

So it's one of those humam centipede careers like PhD in Tumblr Feelz where you just graduate to teach the same shit instead of actually doing anything with it.

actually no, because you can do music with a music degree.

music is for gays

Do you need a degree to wipe your ass too?

I do think you need a music degree to play in a classical orchestra.

Are you projecting? Calm down.

who?

I can't project because I didn't graduate in that.

The main 'chord' (is that the right word?) isn't even the same. They sound a bit similar but that's it.

They start off exactly the same though.

Damn, that music is decent enough but what's so great about it? It's too repetitive.

Can someone post what is in their opinion the best song of UT? I want to hear if it actually does have a good ost or it's just people memeing again.

Yeah i know about 4 chord songs.

I like this one.

haven't played UT yet.

this is my favorite one :^)

I like Megalovania. They're all pretty repetitive though.

Someone call the cops.

not strictly UT but never fails to give me feels

Alright, I may hate the fanbase but… the songs are good. Not amazing, but pretty damn good.

>not youtube.com/watch?v=eEcPakW42JU

The music is the only strong point the game has. The rest varies from awful to okay.

Mein Neger!

I just want to say, it's a bit unrelated but I think music is next to the gameplay the most important thing. It makes the game memorable, easy to replay hard parts because of the ost, it gives you a feeling of nostalgia and the moments you played if you hear a song later. Music is really important next the gameplay, I think a game with bad graphics will be okay if it has great music and decent gameplay.

No fuck this mememap

It's de_dust2 of unreal

I'm convinced that most of the composers responsible for shit music in vidya are Hollywood rejects who didn't make it in the movie industry.
I wouldn't be surprised if they never touched games in their life or outright hate them.

so what's this thread about now?

This thread is so gay, it fell out of gay heaven, bounced off a rainbow, landed on the gayest tree in Gay Forest hitting every branch on the way down, then fell on the boss of the gym and got fucked up the ass. Twice.

He definitely nailed that, the music changed at the right moments. The gameplay itself is solid but poorly designed at parts and piss easy for most of the game. It's really a shame, because it could easily be an 8/10 with a few adjustments.

game music.

You answered your own question.

The only knowledge that can be imparted to you about music are the technical aspects which has very little to do with music composition.

i dont think this song was actually used in the game. correct me if im wrong but it was just to troll data miners? its a combination of the grillby's theme and papyrus fight

i think its pretty funny, and even long after ive stopped playing the game itself peoples reaction to it never ceases to be funny.

i notice a lot of old games i revisit have music i enjoy. im sure there are exceptions but i cant think of any, games used to have better music overall though. maybe i cant remember the games with bad music because sound is a good memory trigger.

i know what you mean, so many games these days have music that sounds so similar. some kind of droning "epic" themes that never really go anywhere or invoke anything but stress. every once in a while they produce a decent orchestral piece i guess.
it turns out thats what people like though. or at least, they claim to like it. it definitely is invokative of the crap hollywood likes to stuff in to their films these days.

I mean, that's my honest opinion of it. The art is really inconsistent, the writing is okay, the characters are annoying and the gameplay is boring after one playthrough.
The music is the only thing I really looked back on and thought was good.

Isn't there a bit of a disconnect in having musicians taught by people who are not professional musicians? Wouldn't an apprenticeship system be more fitting?

I really hate music that tries to sound retro.

This seems like the music equivalent of getting into more and more fucked up fetishes because the old stuff doesn't do it for you anymore.

Welcome to the next level

Scene musicians that went to college for music came out having lost their uniqueness. There's at least one I consider to have been so amazing that this happening to him was an international tragedy.
College teaches you how to be like everyone else, and if you're better than everyone else that harms you.

I dunno bro, I want to learn music and do weird stuff like trance jazz, afrocolombian metal orchestral music, rap salsa metal music, orchestral cumbia.

will college make me lost my ideas?

Bassnectar is self-taught as well.

If you just want to ape a lot of styles and do commercial music it's great. But imagine grinding something through college with a style so unique it defined an era. It ruins them.

Asgore's theme, not gonna bother posting it.

I did a really nice write up for these kinds of situations in a webm thread once and I'm still annoyed I didn't save at least the text of it. Instead of trying to recreate it I'm going to post a link to the sound credits for homestuck and ask anyone who cares about music creation philosophy to compare "Doctor" and "Endless Climb" to "Atomyk Ebonpyre" and "Black." Even if you can't tell exactly what the difference is you should be able to hear the contrast in composition, good choral repetition and harmonics versus continuous solo. Here's also a youtube link to the guy who made the two not shit endlessly repeated themes of homestuck. That his house burned down and not Toby's is a karmic crime.

Dropped it there

because he stole it?

I can see the resemblance with Metatton's theme, I guess it was inspired by it, same with a lot of Chrono Trigger soundfonts. Not even defending the Memetale, but that was a poor choice.
Uematsu though, see embed. Not that I'm complaining, he's still a great composer and prog rock fits perfectly with Final Fantasy.

I've noticed a lot of self-taught musicians tend to use college, or the resources to plow through compositions (What key is this song in? How do I make a song sound good, let me look up the basics)

and then they learn it, and apply it effectively, which is helpful as it's applied learning, and for further questions (how do I make a jazz song, how do I learn how strange timings work, how do I use modes effectively?) they do the same thing. They take what they need, and apply to whatever it is they're composing.

Same could be said of musicians who went to college, though in certain music classes, you are taught by folks who have very specialized techniques, and composition styles, that you'll tend to leech off of.

Not saying one is better than the other though, there are guys who are classically trained to produce good shit, and guys who are self-taught who make garbo.

The most important thing, when it comes to composing, is finishing your music, and trying something new with your tracks as you compose, because each time you'll learn something that you can apply to the next song you write. Another important thing is to show off your stuff, listen to criticism, not only is it good for your skillset, but it's also good for your ego, since a lot of the time, the shit that you don't like, will appeal to someone.

But I'm getting off track, video game composing, is actually very similar to composing jingles, whereas a lot of the times you're making music for a concept, or an area, or a fight, or a boss, or something like that, and it's associated with that element of the game.

Which is kind of shit, for some games that use orchestra, but none of the tracks seem all that interesting (despite being competently made by someone who usually is classically trained) it sometimes comes off as generic.

Though the long and short of it is, work is the most important thing, the more tracks you finish and the more you're willing to experiment with said tracks and research for said tracks, the better you'll get.

I've never met a musician who was "bad forever" when they followed these steps, step outside your comfort zone, and just do it, it's a lot like drawing in that regard.

T. Musicfaggot

virtually every single musician who is really, really good is self-taught. stevie ray vaughn was one of the greatest guitarists of all time and couldn't read a lick of music. jimmy page, eric clapton, slash, the guitarist from Boston, the list is pretty much endless. personally i feel like they're the best simply because they don't/didn't learn to play because they were forced to or because they wanted some education, they learned to play because they just wanted to make music

andrew w.k. is the only exception to this that i can think of, a musical savant who is a genuine musical genius then chooses to make retarded music because it's fun and that's what he wants to do

How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

Once actually

oh

I taught myself how to play the drums and I'm better than 87% of the fuckheads that make money being shit at drums so probably.

Here, I'm going to give you an example. This was a famous scene musician, Purple Motion, in 1994. He massively influenced the PC scene with a unique style. The song I've selected I've done so as it's a good example of elements of his style - powerful electronic music with complex, chirpy backgrounds and heavy effects slides and volume enveloping (this was before envelopes were a thing, he did it by hand at every 1/64th of a pattern). If you try and play channels individually or at slower speeds they seem like madness. No one sounded like him before he got popular, even today you can identify songs he wrote when you hear them for the first time. Next will be after college.

This is after being taught how to make music. He's switched to making traditional soundscapes with overlapping instruments, gone is the chirpy madness and everything is simpler overall. It's much more "modern" and you'd not recognize this was written by him had I not told you.

Drums themselves aren't too difficult. It's once you get to powermetal and jazz like Caravan in the movie Whiplash that it starts to get tough.
My fucking dick every time.

I missed the fall out over undertale, but I assume Alphys is a large contributor to why everyone hates that game.

this is my biggest fear.
I want to learn music, should I enter college?
Is necesary to learn music theory?

Or practice is enough to reach a good level.

Somewhat, probably one of the biggest reasons is that even in the kill everyone route, you can't get her.

The short answer is that it helps, but it's not necessary.

do you want to learn a specific instrument or just music in general? for an instrument just dick around with it until you feel comfortable then find an instructor, for music in general take piano lessons. piano will teach you an enormous part of music and from that point on you can use those skills with virtually any facet of music, whether it's composition or playing

so I don't need music theory but simply copy other songs.

I learned to draw by just copying other drawings years ago and now have a nice level.

is the same with music?

I want to learn composition.

I've been making music for a while so that's not an issue.
Am I suppose to just find a bunch of indie devs that are shit at making games just to build a portfolio?

go to agdg or some game dev forum.

learn the piano. hands-down the most important part of composing is knowing what should go where and when, and when you've got a good feel for playing you can translate that into writing

Also, i'd say that Yoko Shimomura's work for Square goes in par with Uematsu's

I can't bring myself to like Megalovania, it sounds like an schizophrenic interpretation of Megalomania with a messy rhytm

No thread was gayer than it!

That embed barely sounds like Dancing Mad tough

>some gook that ripped off tony banks
wrong

It's not just dancing mad, I can see ExDeath's theme in the drums and Kuja's battle theme in the keyboard solo
The whole thing reeks of FF villain and final battle themes.

Trust this man , woodwinds or brass or even guitar aren't as good as an instrument that teaches you how to have chords in one hand and melody in another.

Shit, I completely missed that one of the Tony defense squad meme bers was here. Oh yeah, that's because Genesis is T R A S H

the day of the KORG will come and you will be hanged

My 11 year old sister can play songs by ear without any training or effort. I can't do that even if I try. I've tackled a lot of things in my life, but when it comes to music I feel like a blind person trying to understand color. I'd probably have to meticulously route memorize things like an autist if I ever want to compose my own music, because I don't think I'm ever going to "just feel it".

My fucking nigger.

Lol Yes is better

Sheesh, you say you're not coming back to this thread, and then you just have to reply, don't you? All you are is a whipped dog.

wrong

same

who whips a dog? i mean, other than for sled racing. and i dont think you actually whip the dog so it doesnt count anyways

I'm saying he's an abused animal that lashes out at people when he gets triggered.

if youre going to whip a dog you dont give them the whip, now they know how to use it

No

Here's Summer Love from Lisa The Painful RPG.

Then like other user's said, learn an instrument, piano is certainly a solid suggestion, I started on Guitar, and moved to Piano though (but play Guitar most of the time, Piano is usually just for inputting quick chords into whatever I compose if I don't want to use a mouse, and quantize it later)

Though, what helps, and I mean really helps, in getting a fundamental understanding of music, concepts such as rhythm, progressions, bass lines and the like, is to transcribe songs by ear, ear training is a must, it allows you to listen to a song and understand how it's built and understand how certain notes or chords progress.

When you're starting out, I suggest listening to a song you like, slow it down, and try to recreate it in a DAW, from the drums to the bass, to the melody, to the chords. (or if you're hardcore, just transcribe it onto sheet, though, that's a different skillset entirely)

You'll eventually learn about what all songs have and what's unique to each piece, and with that, you'll be able to experiment and create with a solid understanding that will only grow if you put the work into it.

undertale is cancer and trash too

It's mostly music maker shit with not a lot of depth but whenever I do this it usually doesn't sound to bad. Making music isn't hard kids. You don't need to know much (early on) and even if it's shit it's progress. Getting started is the worst part.

wtf i hate dingaling now

Also there's a stark difference from music composition today and classical. A lot of music uses repetition, then variant on repetition, while classical kept away from it until the refrain.

Here's an easy to follow example.

The pattern here is (with numbers like x8 or x4 to count the amount of repitition)

1.Intro strings: X8
2.Drums: X2 extra beat X2 with intro strings in background
3. Indian Trumpet: X2 + silence of previous buildup and variant on trumpet melody
4. Vocal Chorus with new instruments X3 + variant on Chorus
5. removal of instruments prior, new strings etc.

A lot of music follows formula similar to this these days, with emphasis on the individual melodies as sort of giant instruments themselves, and this style has risen with the popularization of electronic means of music making, editing as well.

That said, there are two types of learners, naturals and methodical. if you're a natural and have no trouble coming up with little ditties in your head that you can expand on, that sound "good" to you, then expand on that. If you're having trouble, take a music theory course if you like.

The mind was made to make music, and it really boils down to this post

just fool around with music and instruments and programs all you like and you'll naturally make good music if it sounds good to you.

making music like Homeland Hussle isn't hard, rappers have been doing that shit for decades with the same process making rap beats, it's just not limited by a rapper's speech.

For the record, I think the song I posted is actually using stock assets, as none of the instruments in Divinia's melody are present in Summer Love aside from that one slowed guitar sample.

A lot of Dingaling's songs are using either his own unique sounds, generic sounds, or stock assets. It's not the instrument that matters if the song you make is good.

The point is that it's not a problem if one of the songs sounds similar to one song, the problem is if the entire soundtrack is plagerized, and one song isn't the issue, especially since it's a single asset.

Another example, 666 Kill Chop Deluxe from Joyful or Brawlin' from Painful all use stock assets, like the airhorn or rap beat drops to make a song.

also here's Brawlin'
rip Cheese Legs

I think, composition, especially when using samples, is the most entertaining, it's the equivalent of banging on your desk at school, it's entertaining, it allows you to get lost in what you're making, and you can make some pretty unique stuff that way. Creating structure and consistency with broken things.

I don't know, recent soundtrack I've been working on uses a mixture of traditionally composed songs (Verse-Chorus-Verse-Bridge-Verse2-Chorus) and sample heavy loops.

I've been having quite a lot of fun fiddling around with samples, you get a lot of weird shit out of it.

Wrong video.

Now this is what style I'm going for.

Self taught means you aren't worried about impressing your Jewish music instructor and are free to experiment.

the best composer is Kota Hoshino.

What the fuck

they don't teach you how to use an instrument, they teach you music theory and composition. Music is like its own language, so going to school to learn music would be like going to school to learn a foreign language. It has its uses, but unless you're going to spend 10+ years dedicating yourself to learning and then adamantly pursuing some career that uses your specific skill, then it's a waste of time.

Any dipshit can learn to play a musical instrument reasonably well with a bit of instruction. Talent plays a part but the "legends" are those who were truly skilled more often than not.

whers that mp4 from

That's pure OC from the old generals.

Meanwhile I can imagine in vivid detail amazing visuals but my artistic skill is nonexistent.

Now I'll never be able to listen to song online without seeing these people all over the video, only because of untertale.

Boo hoo poor you

You're weak.

I'm not being completely serious here, at least in the sense of it actually bothering me.

It's more so pointing out the kind of people who only ever say "x brought me here" or shit like quoting characters. From an otherwise completely different game. So it's more amusing than "boo hoo."

You have to make time for it. If you can do the things you say you can, it shouldn't be too difficult to build up your skills again. and possibly look for extra work.

I've only beat it with Red and Blue. I really got to get around to beating it with every character because the stories and battle system seemed really good.

Good composition relies on good instincts and unless you're writing chorals or fugues you don't need to know much theory, relatively.
Having solid keyboard skills is essential as it will teach you the fundamentals of harmony and will allow you to realise ideas effectively.
Most modern music you will be able to learn through experience, repetition and experimentation.

I went to college to study music but my focus was violin. My composition skills are weak (relatively) because I don't really have good instincts for it (or the discipline). Even though I know the theory I'm personally not very satisfied by music that I compose, but I'm a harsh critic.

In the 80s when 8bit gaming was starting, of course you had to teach yourself how to use the chipset. Plus it was easier to get a job back then in tech anyways if you could differentiate between a computer mouse and a living mouse. The standards for any gaming related job today is so much higher, and that goes for any other media business. It isn't about the few Greats anymore, everyone today could make music on par with final fantasy 4 with a trial version of a music program.

Skilled and willing to devote their life to it. Especially since like any artistic field, there's a lot of competition and everyone expects you to work for free if they don't know your name already.

No, that's really dumb.
It's all about passion. People tend to burn out if they're drilled on something they already know day in day out. It becomes more of a job than a hobby.
In the case of Toby, he decided to make music some time before one of his friends decided to make a webcomic; so he helped his friend out and wrote music for it just on a whim– using his friend's webcomic as a muse.

And a muse is kind of important. It can come in any fucking form: a thought process, an experience, a character, other music, places, anything. This "muse" is really more than inspiration; it should spur you on to improve. If you're not meeting what your muse demands, you will work to find something that does– and no matter what, everyone has a muse. You just need to find it.
College then is a fantastic way to learn about music theory and an even better excuse to listen to your muse and actually fucking make music. A degree will not make your music better, it might even make it more boring, or better whatever. Rather a degree will show that you have the discipline to follow a regimen.

The reason maybe more people who are self taught are pretty good at making music is because they had the passion to fucking make music in the first place. They're doing it because it means something to them. College graduates unfortunately can be categorized as: people who just want an "Easy degree", people who went in with passion and found that the excuse to fucking make music in a college environment was beneficial and continued doing it throughout their lifetime, or went in with passion and burned the fuck out because it was too much of a chore.

self-taught anything are usually better than college retards. you know why? because self-taught people have something that college tards don't. passion.

people who go to college get drained of their passion and become mindless goyim who do their "trade" out of obligation to make money for a jew rather than because they like doing it. This is why generally speaking, the moment an artist gets a patreon is the moment their skill stagnates or in the worst-case scenario, begins decaying.

the only thing a college tard knows how to do is follow orders.

Ayy.
those fucking numbers goddamn

I agree with other anons that passion is important, and that people that are self taught have more passion and thus perform better in the end.
But i think it's not that simple, it doesn't end there, you don't magically become a good musician, a good artist, just by having a lot of passion.

There's people that are born gifted, that are flat out better than the rest at something.
To those people, academic knowledge is pretty useful, it nails in their head the basics that they can then build upon on their own.
Basically what i'm trying to say is that some people are just born being better than everyone else at doing a specific thing.
And some aren't.
If you aren't gifted you can spend your entire life learning music either academically, or on your own, and you'll probably make some decent, mediocre shit, but never reach the level of someone that is genuinely gifted at making music.
Life by it's very nature isn't fair, hard work won't always be the answer for your shortcomings.

Different tastes, user.

UT is shit, Quake was always a better series and Quake 3 beat UT in the Arena FPS genre. Post best Quake music.

Super good song

Only one solution…

An inspiration if there ever was one

I'd agree with you if that just wasn't such a great excuse to flat out stop trying to improve. Telling someone that– someone with natural talent– something so soul crushingly obvious is an atrocity. Everybody would stupidly begin believing in Fate again; nobody is destined to do more than what they are naturally born with. Could you imagine then, if someone with natural talent were to think that they could not improve because they've reached their peak? Or even, someone with talent deciding they have none and cannot improve because they had no talent.
Imagine if Da Vinci took his sketches of a man and thought, "This is my best."
Or, If Mozart wrote his first symphony away from his father's teaching and decided it was trash; after all those hours of composing, instead of publishing it– he would decide to quit because it did not meet his expectations.
The difference isn't just natural talent, it's not just about passion, it's not just about learning early, it's not even about inspiration.
It's the act of making fucking something that is the difference.

In college, what more are you doing than learning how to make it? If you're not actually making fucking music, you'll never improve. Some music will be shitty, some music will be boring and mediocre, but you'll never fucking make your masterpiece unless you actually make your fucking music before.
Unless you've made mistakes– unless you have criticism– unless you can listen to criticism– you'll never improve. You'll never make anything, your "natural talent" will be meaningless because you simply did not try to overcome yourself. Passion will drive you to make music. Natural talent will allow you to walk an easier path. Academia will give you the tools to get by.
But unless you go out and fucking walk/run/climb that path– you will waste everything, and life's unfairness will take more than just your precious time. It will win your Future.

We're not alive because life is fair.

Also, to call someone "Talented" is to take away the effort and hours of trying and failing from any given craft.

I would rather people compliment what I've made and give me feedback, as opposed to "WOW user, YER TALENTED"

While they're both compliments, one knows of the effort I've put into it, and what I can do to push myself even further.

Jeez OP you're right, setting aside 30mins to an hour of my day to learn something new is impossible. I should continue being a consumer whore and admire people who actually try things.

Not if it comes to music.

best song prove me wrong faggot

Most pop music is made by the same small pool of people, and the sampling and rampant piracy of musicians and publishers with several good lawyers to make them unsueable has caused music at large to devolve into sameness.

By teaching yourself through trial and error you'll create unique stuff, even if you suck at it ala Lisa.

holy shit

It's funny, because lisa is REALLY fucking good. Even though Widdly isn't much for a musician.

Yeah, the music is pretty alright. It doesn't have as much progression as video related or anything, but it's good in it's own right.

Reminder that the only good thing about Phantasy Star Nova was a handful of tracks from its OST.

I hope this video answers your question.

The worst part about making music is I can't listen to music while I'm doing it, and the music I'm making myself always ends up sounding like an abortion. I've always wanted to make just one single decent song but having to listen to horrible garbage over and over is completely draining.

I guess the big difference between music and anything else I've ever tried to improve at is that with other things at least the results aren't physically nauseating to behold even when they are bad. I think this might have something to do with how talent works. The talented peoples first works aren't an absolute cacophony, so they carry on. I think it's that boost in the beginning that makes all the difference in the world.

Otherwise all that you're left to rely on is your determination alone, and that doesn't bring passion with it, just bitterness.

user let me tell you one of the secrets of writing music.

It's fucking Math m8.

Wow just get good

uematsu made a few good tunes. toby is shit tier and doesn't understand how to compose music without having a dozen conflicting aesthetic sounds.

Kenichi Hirata is some sort-of unsung genius who only ever really worked on the Cotton series of games and one Xbox dating sim RPG. His style is high in energy, with great build up and a solid use of a variety of instruments and synthesis from the system's hardware.

Not even close.

NO FUTURE

Self-taught will typically be better than college taught. But that's because college is shit.

You find a way to get taught by a proper professional, you'll d o fine.

Dude, that was for a small joke mini game that lasted around a minute tops.

that doesn't mean much. my favourite track from any mario games aside from the a capella bits from Sunshine was only used for the hammer bros in mario 3

that funky, half-ragtime-half-chuck berry bass line gets me every time

Music thread?

this could be spooky if you didn't played as a sadistic gunslinger whit a double barrel shotgun

Their music is really mediocre though. Toby's repetitive motifs are horrible. Just learning to make chord progression, bassline, and drum track isn't enough.

Can you even give example of any musicians who graduated from conservatory?

Fuckin hell m8 I thought you were just fuckin with me
I can't deal with this degeneracy
he even has a fuckin Zelda tattoo FFS

Maybe it's because I am a musical retard, but I don't see how this is any similar to Megalovania other than having a similar bassline, but it isn't like basslines aren't recycled to death by most artists since it's hard to get creative with them.

I didn't git gud at programming until I hammered it down over and over. I tried when I was 8, and I sucked. I tried again when I was 14, and I had no idea of what was I doing. I tried when I just became 16, and I still had to copypaste code examples because I understood jack shit. Then I started trying to get out of my comfort zone, and began to make stuff that didn't come in any book or tutorial. Now I am 20, and I am top of the fucking class by large, and I bet I could get even better if I weren't such a lazy piece of shit who plays vidya all day.

Things must be learned. What you see here is not people who were born talented, but people who improved their skills by trial and error, quite possibly the most effective teaching method.

lol this thread is some Dunning-Kruger tier shit

Koichi Sugiyama. Whose existence sort of blows op's entire point out of the water. I love Uematsu, but on a technical level Sugiyama is far superior, don't know much about the toby guy, but from i've seen posted ITT i'm not impressed.

Hitoshi Sakimoto was a NEET and he is one of the best composers in gaming history

This thread needs more Yuzo Koshiro.

M-Mind posting some more user? I really like the first one for some reason

What are some games that have Sampling? Dragon Seed is the last one I've seen and even then it's pretty light on the sources.

There's probably some plunderphonics in a couple games outside of the Indie, AA and AAA spectrum.

You do realise most electronic musicians nowadays are self-thought?

Goddammit.

It's a question with anything really. Does going to school for art actually make you a better artist or restrict your creativity. Does going to school for creative writing actually make you better.

Generally speaking people who are autodidacts are more impressive to employers because it means they're more committed. They spent more time learning and were more dedicated than someone who went to school for two years, most likely slacked off and just has a piece of paper saying they're a good artist

Bare in mind that there's plenty of self taught musicians who are shit and plenty of college graduates that are amazing. It's something that's almost impossible to really determine.

You can learn how to do thing, but if you don't have talent you'll still suck at it.

Arts are not sciences.

Undyne's theme is probably one of my core favourite vidya themes.

Stop shilling this fucking bullshit

Just go to the containment board
>>>/underground/
There should be a thread on the first page with all the videos in it.

Get fucked, buddy.

Normally, you'd go to college to learn the basics to then willingly ignore them. They shouldn't use Pavolvian methods to make their students obey, oh wait, that what colleges nowadays do, that's why millennial are total cunts.

wait

There you go.

I don't get it.

It took you two tries to embed a youtube video. To be fair I've seen much, much worse. I'm talking seven posts to learn how to properly spoiler. With asterisks.

Oh.

Would you mind giving proof? That'd be amazing.

I have no idea if the guy who made this has a degree because it doesn't say on his wikipedia page, but god damn

You can call the gameplay shit but you can't deny Marty's music is stellar

This. Plain and simple.

You ever see those really shitty artists on deviant art and tumblr who try really hard to develop their own "style" and aggressively, flagrantly disregard all the basics and fundamental rules of art? Their shit looks like shit forever, because they refused to learn.

You learn all the basics and the rules so you know how and where to break them.

The deviants obviously don't have the eye for it. You couldn't teach them to not be dogshit because they can't see the difference.

People just have to be born good or they only produce shit. This notion of equality is pure lies and has destroyed the lives of countless fools that thought they could learn despite lacking the brain matter for it.

The deviants obviously don't have the eye for it. You couldn't teach them to not be dogshit because they can't see the difference.

People just have to be born good or they only produce shit. This notion of equality is pure lies and has destroyed the lives of countless fools that thought they could learn despite lacking the brain matter for it.

I fucking hate chiptune indie music shit, but in general UT is trying to stay away from that.
I think this is the best song but I don't think it has the same appeal for someone who hasn't played it. If you want something with a guitar look here youtube.com/watch?v=lGaneyDfyls&ab_channel=EluTran

Anyone can teach themselves to understand music with the resources available today. I did it. An idiot could do it.

Brosius ambiance really made the Thief games what they are. Really hard to put a finger on it, but the music somehow helps to relate to the douchebag that is Garrett.

ASGORE is the only good song in UT

he's just an honest working man
at least until Thi4f ruined everything