What is your favorite handheld game?

What is your favorite handheld game?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!b55kQLqJ!CN8UG4hrEHZ63StRT1oliaolNOa0LsS_0kNVkepZk-4
gamefaqs.com/gba/468548-golden-sun/credit
gamefaqs.com/gba/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/credit
gamefaqs.com/ds/960545-golden-sun-dark-dawn/credit
youtu.be/9iET-iXZYRc?t=6m51s
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/Okaeri!_Chibi-Robo!_Happy_Rich_Oosouji_(JP)(High_Road)/50084
gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-Ōsōji.402028/
mega.nz/#!zs52jAbC!vzX9150HUT2x2YW143w6OAZlYpWv8g8LMtfXNsGcTu8
at2.metalbat.com
w11.zetaboards.com/Revatail_Hymmne/topic/10690289/1/
mega.nz/#F!U9xGULJB!LYRULsnTNoHjMIljruxpzA
gbatemp.net/threads/completed-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-psp-undub.445307/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't choose so here is some of my favorites.

TWEWY was fun whenever they weren't talking.

OP here, I approve

We have IDs you know.

Anyway, it's too hard for me to choose a favorite but I guess the Castlevania games are probably my most played handheld games.

Mega Man Zero 1.

I'm torn between Zero 4 and Battle Network 3. GBA had some great megaman games.

Really, really glad I listened to some other anons about this one some years back.

Zelda LBW

Some fucking great taste here

(checked)
I just picked up SJ and Uprising for my birthday this past summer. Both are fuckawesome, still play both regularly.

Shantae

Megaman Zero 3

Megaman ZX

Monster Hunter

can't list recent ones because i mostly emulate on my phone

The best game i have ever played.

I played the shit out of Chinatown Wars when it first came out.

Also the Legendary Starfy is one of my faves. Such a comfy platformer

YOU BET KID!

Of course. DS version is the only one worth getting in my opinion.

Deleted my post because typo
Gameplay over graphics*

Fuck off, manlets.

Only gonna post my top favorite for dead handhelds.

and this since 5 images is the limit.

My nigga. Still have to beat the game though.

Warioland 4 had GOAT level design

That plus those god damn tight ass controls and Wario's god tier animations

metal slug on game boy color ! god tier taste user

i mistyped

Meral slug is pretty good though.

Came in here to post this.

SJ is prolly first for me. DQI+2 GBC is a close second.

is this solid? I love me some katamari fam.

Pic related plus any Harvest Moon/Rune Factory

None seeing as how I'm not 8 years old. Sage

Have a (You) man. On the house.

Been playing Tales of Eternia (undub) for the PSP non stop the last two days it is so good! Played phantasia before it, and every complaint I had about Phantasia has been worked out. Things like encounter rate has been turned down and now it is fully possible to play every character. By the way Farahs Japanese voice is cute as fuck.

The last one was bretty good, gave me some reassurance that the eventual metal slug 8 will be good since the whole XX team is still at SNK.

this sums it up pretty well

Always nice to see more anons give the game a go. I have the game for the PS1 for co-op (the dub work isn't great, but it struck me as more charming than bad). Yeah, it's really enjoyable, and the first Tales game to really have true fluidity to combat (whereas Phantasia SFC and Destiny PS1 had slowdown on the whole, and Phantasia PS1 still had spells interrupt the flow of combat). The PS1 version also had a "save anywhere, load here" system that probably helps make the game really handheld friendly, be it the native PSP version or played as a PS1 eboot.

The encounter rate was definitely adjusted between prior games and it too; I hear Phantasia SFC had way too high an encounter rate, and Phantsia PS1 seemed to have too low of one, to the point at times I'd actively have to seek out battle. Eternia's strikes a nice balance of frequent enough to not have to hunt much, but not so much that it gets annoying (and Holy Bottles help too).

Really liked hearing Ludger's ringtone in Tales of Xillia 2 be Eternal Mind from Eternia.

This may just be my personal opinion, since I've only played the PSP version, but I like the blurriness of this version. It gives the game a sort of watercolour like effect which I think looks really nice.

As long as there are people here who know good handheld games, anything else I should add? Anything I should remove?

What's that fourth one?

It does indeed look really pretty graphically. Shame it sold like shit for the US PS1 release (I suppose we're lucky we even got it after Destiny PS1 sold like shit here too), and to my knowledge initial EU PSP prints had a gamebreaking bug (most likely thanks to Ubisoft, as Namco gave no shits about handling the game out there). I would expect most if not all PSP port downloads you can find of the game online these days used a working UMD file though.

Anyhow, I suspect some of the blurriness you're getting might have to do with the widened screen on the PSP compared to the original 4:3 ratio, but it's been a while since I played my PS1 version, so I don't know for sure.

Yeah, check out Crimson Shroud and The Keep.
They're both pretty amazing games.

Remove Mario Maker
Add Devil Survivor 1&2, smt soul hackers, smt 4 and smt 4 apocalypse, both Kirby games, shovel knight and ace combat.

Paper jam is optional, even if it's in good regards.

Where's the MonHun user step up

Remove Omega Ruby unless you are gonna pirate it and play it with the Rutile Ruby romhack.
Remove Mario Maker because the biggest feature online sharing isn't in the 3DS version

Add Kokuga, Stella Glow, Etrian Odyssey IV, 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, River City Tokyo Rumble, Sayonara Umihara Kawase/Yumi's Odd Odyssey (unless you have a vita or have a good controller for you PC) and A-Train 3D

Umihara Kawase Shun ~second edition~ Kanzenban

IMO the first Warioland is underrated. That was a solid game.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Link's Awakening are a couple of the best handheld games I've ever played and have stood the test of time.

Looks like one of the Umihara Kawase games.

Just going to chime in that Tales of the Abyss is a generally solid game, but a very love it or hate it regardless of the system (as such a "mileage might vary" tag or something to it on there might help). Haven't played the 3DS one myself, but to my knowledge, while it has less of a loading issue than the PS2 original, it lacks the co-op function, has worse graphics (understandable, due to screen differences between an actual TV and 3DS), and lower combat framerate. Essentially, which version is the better one to go with between the PS2 and 3DS if one wants to play it depends on what they want from it. And I will say that co-op makes the FoF system a lot more fun.

Yeah, I just looked it up. Lots of things missing compared to free editors like Lunar Magic. Anyone know an equivalent of that for Super Mario Bros. 3 or the original?

The whole series was great, even the Virtual Boy title. WL1 is probably my favorite after WL4

I tried Kirby's Adventure and it's made a lot harder if you use the more comfortably placed circle pad. Is there a similar issue with Triple Deluxe?

I've never played it, but have heard nothing but good things about it. What's the best version on 3DS? I've heard of a few.

At least the DS port of Chrono Trigger was pretty damn good, compared to how much loading the prior PS1 version had. The fact that it has options to suit both newcomers and classic fans (such as the ability to to move the menu to the bottom screen or leave it all on the top like in the prior versions) was pretty nice, though I've seen people split on whether the retranslation "kills the charm" (I don't agree with that, but then again the DS one has been the only version I've actually played).

Fourth game never ever. Perhaps for the best, given how Dark Dawn was.

I like to pretend that the third game doesn't exist. Whoever decided not to do dual cart transfer from TLA or make the game extremely linear was hopefully fired shortly after.

Dark Dawn was a cancer

There was just so many little elements that felt as if they were done to aggravate prior fans, like the amount of points of no return in a franchise where the prior two entries only had them upon beating the final bosses of each. Part of what makes me wonder if Camelot even wanted to make more JRPGs. These days they mostly just make Nintendo sports games.

At least the character concept art was decent. Something I really like about that hard sketchy look to the outlines.

I don't think so. They don't even put the best parts about the mario sport games in anymore; the rpg elements.

It is mitigated somewhat compared to Kirby's Adventure, which was not designed with analog controls in mind, but the D-pad remains superior.

If you play your 3ds regularly, I highly recommend looking into aftermarket grips. The Cyber Gadget 2 is a great grip for the N3DSXL, not sure which model you have. It was absolutely worth the investment.

I've yet to play the VB title. Wouldn't it be fucking awesome if they ported it to 3DS? It'd only be a possibility if they hadn't already relegated Wario land to the Ware games. Damn shame.

I've posted it a bunch of times on /scurv/ and others, but here's a link to my Kirby music collection, which I believe to be at 100% completion.

Mostly 320kbps MP3s, because when for games where the audio quality is literally 8 bit, you have to be a fucking imbecile to store them in FLAC.

mega.nz/#!b55kQLqJ!CN8UG4hrEHZ63StRT1oliaolNOa0LsS_0kNVkepZk-4

Has anyone ever dug through some of the credits for the games (beyond trying to see who was responsible for the translations for GS1 and 2) to see if they've had some change in roster between their earlier Nintendo games and later ones? Could possibly explain some things if the older staff isn't there anymore.

I suspect that a lot of newer games fail at a conceptual level because they don't go through proper usability testing. Even a simple person would be able to see that Dark Dawn was a step back from The Lost Age. Tunnel vision kills a lot of potentially great games.

gamefaqs.com/gba/468548-golden-sun/credit
gamefaqs.com/gba/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/credit
gamefaqs.com/ds/960545-golden-sun-dark-dawn/credit
youtu.be/9iET-iXZYRc?t=6m51s
Seems like the Producer was the biggest change between the GBA games and the DS.

The funny thing is that, at least where I live, Dark Dawn is actually going for more than either of the better original games on the GBA. Assuming it sold similarly (I'd wager most issues became apparent after buying and playing the game than in the preview stage) and doesn't have any real sort of rarity (there's certainly other DS JRPGs that sold far less than it), I really can't quite figure out why that would be, unless the market still benefits from people playing them in order and falling into the trap.

Seriously though, I can understand maybe wanting to experiment around with how elements in a game handle, but as said, there are choices that can and should be seen early on as being a step in reverse, especially when fans have had a liking for how open the prior games were. You can't just toss in not just one, but multiple, points of no return and not expect justified complaints.

This thread is shit

Uh that's a SNES game and i sure hope you are not talking about the butchered GBA port or the mediocre DS sequel.

Ps2 version isn't nearly as good.

FUCK YOU

How good is this game? Or at least what are the differences from the console and pc version.

I keep wanting to check it out

Dirty thoughts, go away

I've got a standard New 3DS on the way. They fit my manlet raccoon hands.

It's way different as the focus isn't building a house. You instead go through a semi-roleplaying game with sim elements. There's stats and many daily jobs you can unlock. If you're very good with certain characters you can unlock little hideouts. There's 4 social groups to choose from and if you advance far enough in them you can access the clubroom. There's a lot of furniture to buy and even interesting food items you can get if you wait a specific time for a ninja. And the story is surprisingly really good.

I honestly prefer this over what there is on pc.

Theres barely any noticeable differenvce between the two besides a little bright and the rare FPS drop.

Its like comparing Sony and Microsofts versions of multiplats.

It used to bother me greatly that I could spend hours screaming in frustration as I comb through, line-by-line, code that was throwing cryptic and arcane errors - but only while sat indoors.

Thanks to Carnage Heart EXA, I can now have full-blown raging fits in public as the "perfectly" programmed robots I spent the last 45 minutes on spin and shudder themselves to pieces due to a single, accidental greater than/less than operator mix-up that will take me upwards of 30 minutes to find and correct.

They downgraded the resolution and field of view

Minish Cap is easily my second favorite Zelda game, and Portable Ops is pretty neat.

Personally I'm very partial to the original Woolsey translation. Slattery isn't bad, but definitely kills the charm.

I'm a massive weeb though and imported a JP copy anyway.

This game kept me going, rerunning the levels over and over again was so much fun. The bosses where actually tough when you first go at them, then they make harder versions of them.

Great time sink on car rides

Oh man, i had that shitty kirby block game when i clearly asked my mom for dream land 2.

watching the game now, it looks it looks prettty fun man, why was it lame?

One day I'll sit down and learn how to play that game. I've had it sitting on my vita since it got localized, but every time I start it up I get distracted by another game.

I wanted real kirby because all i had aside from Skate or Die Rad n Bad was garbo, but its a-okay if you like puzzle games.

Seriously this shit is my favorite game of all time.

This game was critically undermarketed, everyone I know thats played it got it reccomended to them years after release. I payed for the phone port and had a great time, the rotoscoping looks way better at higher resolution, same with the character art.

Same thing that happened to me. I can't remember when exactly I got mine, but it was already a ways after it was released. Great game (and even the trailer had really good use of typography and motion to build interest), but one I'd have likely never known about had anons not made it out to be so good. Can't say I was disappointed in the slightest.

Still haven't given Ace Attorney a go yet.

have some more

MORE

I fucking love video games

Whats that rythm thief game about? I was thinking of getting it for my younger brother.

Basically Professor Layton meets Rhythm Heaven.

;_;7

>tfw got Sonic Mega Collection (the classic games) for Gamecube when I clearly asked my mom for Adventure 2 Battle

Patrician taste.

I even have a flashcart for my n3ds so there's no excuse whatsoever.

>I fucking love video games

Get out.

Nostalgia hitting like a train over here.

Rocket Slime had four problems and I wish that there was a sequel where they were fixed

1. waaaay too easy. You could plow through most of the game with just the starting 3 hearts, but you can get up to I think 16, AND get an auto-life style item to double that. Plus, since running out of health doesn't mean that you lose instantly, it was way too easy to murder the crap out of enemies. The tank battles themselves also got a little too easy at times, and rarely if ever required you to use any advanced tactics like the machine guns or defending your base (or attacking the enemy base) with the Slime Knights.

2. too grindy. Having to get 30 of any given enemy to unlock them as a crew member is a cool idea, but the number should have been lowered for rare enemies like those moneybag fucks. Also, rare ammo required WAY too much of going to the same places repeatedly.

3. there should have been more differences between the tanks, and possibly also allowed you to use other tank types.

4. Infiltrating was horribly unbalanced, mostly due to the aforementioned "too easy" bits. It's just too simple to just invade the enemy, then just beat the crap out of them and keep them away from the cannons permanently while your crew throws things at them.

Such a fun game other than those things though.

*running out of health in a tank battle

There is a sequel…

I still need to play Hotel Dusk myself, but the fact that the US never saw Last Window yet somehow Europe did doesn't help matters (I like to have actual copies of games I'm prone to enjoy and the DS had the plus of being region free, but import prices for it are pretty bad last I checked).

Rocket Slime is actually the second game in it's subseries. There was one on the GBA that's stuck in fantranslation hell and one on the GBA that is most likely a NEVER EVER.

Meant 3DS instead of GBA.

I was unaware of this, but upon looking it up, it appears to be both A. for the 3DS and B. Japan only.

I have long ago decided that until the price drops for them A LOT, the only thing that will convince me to buy a 3DS is a TWEWY sequel.

Holy fuck user, you have no conception of how much fun you are missing out on with a hacked n3ds.

Last Window is another one that I haven't played, but have a .nds of, and a capable flashcart.

I don't have a 3DS myself either. Just not a lot on the system that I'm all that interested in as of now, and I say that as someone that has a good amount of original DS games still. Just seems like that library's been taking its time to catch up.

Still hard to believe Square thought a phone port was deserving of a whole countdown site for.

I need to get a flash cart capable of working with the DS Lite myself.

oh fuck you reminded me.

the memories are coming back.

the disappointment is paralyzing me

it's tajkinmg aeway muy avbil.itgy to tyhpo pfr

They can't cost much nowadays. If you get one, post up in the 3DS threads and I'll set to uploading my collection. Roughly 330 titles.

Why for you sage?

f

>>>/out/

I know where to get DS game files already; biggest issue has been trying to find prepatched ones for games that never came west but have seen fan translation (I really hope the person translating Nora to Toki is still making progress behind the scenes). Could use Okaeri! Chibi-robo! if you've got it prepatched and could drop it in a Mega or the Holla Forums vola. That one was translated recently and hasn't been the easiest to find around.

Forgot I left it on when I corrected myself here .

To be fair to him, I almost shitposted beyond an acceptable point on Lainchan. Almost. But it was even worse than that.

I've only got Chibi Robo Park Patrol :(

let me shitpost a little pls

Ritsu

You see the last game on ? That's the sequel. I actually own a copy, and have been mulling around the idea of trying to translate it. If nothing else, I've got a backup of the game since my 3DS is hacked, and if you ever got a hacked system I'd be happy to share it with you… it's much better than the DS game. Just going through what your problems are;

1. The game is still easy, it is a kids game after all, but it's definitely harder than the previous one.

2. That's still a problem, but thankfully you've also got sidequests throughout the (now connected, with an open world map) game world, that allows you to get items by helping NPCs. If nothing else, it makes the grind feel a lot better since you're not doing the same things.

3. Tanks have been replaced with boats, and they can be customized with different parts that determine the layout of your ship, its attributes, and how it looks. Defeating ships will gradually unlock blueprints for different ship parts, which you can then buy.

4. This is fixed, thanks to the fact that you can't just jump out of your ship to try and infiltrate the other ship. You can try to launch yourself at the enemy ship to infiltrate it, but setting that up is hard, and it simply won't work as well as in the DS game.

It's a damn shame it was never brought to the west. It's easily one of the best damn games on the 3DS.

Just remember that cancer in jest begets actual cancer eventually.

Anyhow, finding the JP rom isn't the issue (emuparadise has it, and the patch itself can be found at RHDN), it's that my toaster is finicky when it comes to patching games. In the case of really old systems it's not bad, but with newer ones I'm generally reliant on other places to have them, and newer released translations (or ones still in progress) aren't always ones download sites have.

Anyhow, it's probably a good idea to stock up on any older games that have fan-translations that are of interest to you, just in case something happens to the ability to readily download them (considering to play a patched game you pretty much need a dumped digital version to use it with).

Aria of Sorrow, or any of the DS Castlevanias really.

I shouldn't be so surprised there's a K-On! game. What's it like?

What's the Starfy series like overall?

Aye

If you can find me the links I will try to patch it for you, my computer is not really a toaster

I never had the cash for a DS, so my backlog for that system is massive. Right now I am definitely in hoarding-mode with data in case Clinton is elected (I'm a Burger) and she passes the TPP, which will of course nuke file sharing.

Already up to 3 TB of anime. 28GB of .nds, 101GB of .cia (3ds), and counting…

Burger here as well, gave Trump my vote the other day. It's much easier on my end to download older games than anime (only a few I'd be real big on downloading right now, since I don't stand a chance of finding them cheaply for actual DVDs and jewtube keeps shoahing episode uploads), especially due to filesize and ease of downloading without always needing a torrent.

DS systems are pretty cheap these days and the 3DS should still have backwards compatibility. Unfortunately Nintendo killed the DS wifi, and if you're the sort to enjoy having complete copies of stuff, Fucking Gamestop has caused price hikes for a lot of games as they trashed the bulk of their manuals and cases in favor of cart only.

Anyhow, here's links.
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/Okaeri!_Chibi-Robo!_Happy_Rich_Oosouji_(JP)(High_Road)/50084
gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-Ōsōji.402028/

Have some comfy DS music too. Shame this never came out here.

Took pic related 4u

Nigger, this *is* Chibi-Robo Clean Sweep, which is what I said I had before lol

Oh well, maybe my copy had an older translation patch on it; this is the most recent one from the github. Here u go fam.

mega.nz/#!zs52jAbC!vzX9150HUT2x2YW143w6OAZlYpWv8g8LMtfXNsGcTu8

Pretty based.

forgot my fucking pic

You said you had Park Patrol up there (which we did see an actual release of here as a Walmart exclusive if memory serves), not the other one. Thanks for the prepatch though.

Yeah, from the sound of things it would have likely been welcome among the western DS JRPG library (which already had a lot on it). Not sure why no one opted to pick it up though.

tetris for the original gameboy.

Oh shit, you're right. Whatever I'm smoking must be good. This is clean sweep though, and it ran to the title screen just fine on my flash cart, in English.

Definitely one of the all-time greats. Track B is my shit.

Sucks they took it off the eShop. But you can still download it with CFW.

Makes me wish I had a Trump hat, but money's a bit tight. Plus I'm not sure if wearing it out here would get me thumbs up and nods or just jumped. I don't even see a lot of trump signs around (and the ones I have seen get vandalizing or stolen), but considering the rallies we've had here it's clear he has a lot of support.

Cool, thanks again. Wish I could find an user to patch a PS2 game for me, but given the filesizes involved (the game itself is a few gigabytes and it requires a series of patches, in order, and the safest way would be to have it copy the game file each time, which takes up both time and memory; and then there's the matter of uploading the current end file too), I can understand why it's not something a lot of people want to take up. Oh well, at least I have the patches themselves all downloaded for when/if I ever get access to a system that's not a toaster.

What happened, did the licensing run out, or whatever was the case for DKC 1-3 being removed from the Wii's shop for years on end?

Ubisoft owns the mobile licenses now, Nintendo used to publish a game on 3DS (Tetris Axis) that's now gone. There's also one simply named "Tetris" in freeShop, that's the one you want if you want a modern incarnation. Tetris Ultimate is not so.

iktfb.

Like I said, I used to be pretty poor, I just worked my ass off at trade school and got a good electrician job, so now I've got enough cash to hoard anime, games, etc. for the dark years ahead if Trump is kept from winning.

He definitely has a silent majority of support, as he says. That's why the MSM is now asking him if he will "lose quietly." They want to push the idea that the race is "neck and neck, but Shillary edges out ahead :^)" by using false polls, but it's all bullshit.

I have only worn my hat out once. I live in Southern California and the majority of the spics here are fucking bestial - there is just no other way to put it. Some obese mexican thing that looks under 20 years old waiting at a bus stop with 3 or 4 kids - no thinking creature could ever do that.

I'd be interested in patching a PS2 game as well, as there are likely foreign games for that system I would want to play in the future. I'm planning on hopping from theisozone to emuparadise and all the other game hosting sites and browsing their whole libraries over the coming months - paying for their "high speed" service and downloading absolutely fucking everything I think I'd be remotely interested in.

Bandwidth I do not have much of in the scheme of things, but it is decent (max 6mbps down) but storage I absolutely do have. 12tb spinning in my desktop at this moment with full backups.

I've got A9LH with a 128gb microsd on an N3DSXL. I'm fucking set.

Emuparadise is decent for games on older, emulatable systems, provided you're not looking for recently released/translated games on said systems (such as how TitS: SC and Brandish: The Dark Revenant were among the very last PSP games to be released in English, years after the PSP became past gen; Emuparadise has neither in English as of now). They're also a bit iffy on the prepatched fan-translation end; some games with recent translations might not be on there, as are ones that have had more recent patches to fix bugs and such. Of course, if you've got a decent enough computer to patch stuff for just about any system, that's likely no big issue, aside from just trying to find the patches themselves.

Nicoblog is also another decent site (especially now that they use Mega more; sure beats having to go through 1-3+ separate mirrors to get around hours long cooldowns on downloading from [X] hosting site without an account) and even has games for more recent systems readily accessible (Tales of Vesperia PS3 for example), and while better on the Japanese game file/fan-translation end of things, some do have gripes with them. Especially since I hear they nuked the eroge section for their PC game roster.

Anyhow, I'll double check if I still have a working link to all the patches for this game if you want to give patching for it a try. Though even if you're able to, I suspect it might be a while before you get from start to finish (translation patch is still in the testing stage and as such they haven't made an all-in-one patch file yet).

Fuck, I've got the mega to the patches bookmarked on my computer, but apparently I don't have the right link to be able to share it with others (given how mega seems to have some sort of routing thing where the shared link leads to the actual folder's location, which replaces the URL). Unless there's some way for a guest to get a working link out of it, I don't think I can post it that way.

I suppose I could maybe try zipping up the patch files themselves and dumping it on vola or something, but it's like 2 GB of patch data alone, and you'd still need the game off emuparadise or something. And my internet's kind of finicky, so who knows how easily it'll upload, if it doesn't just crap out partway through.

Yeah, we've definitely got a taco issue here as well (which is to be expected, being the last continental state to be acquired from Mexico, I suspect there's a lot of ones from families that have lived here since before joining the union), but from what I've heard the ones here legally should want the wall to keep their illegal brethren out just as much as white Trump supporters do.

Thanks for the information.

I'm definitely interested in foreign games, but having never owned a PS2 my primary objective is just getting the very basic must-plays. FFX, SMT:Nocturne, etc. for example. Luckily in the case of those two I have a friend with physical copies so I will be able to rip them as PS2 uses unencrypted DVDs.

Nicoblog I will absolutely investigate. Mega is certainly more convenient.

you mean you have the mega:// locations saved? You should be able to right-click (with Flash enabled) on the item itself, then click, "Update Link" and Copy Link with Key …?

I meant that I'm not the one that made the mega dump for it in the first place. Whoever did would have had the original link I used to get to the folder. Unfortunately, bookmarking the folder doesn't mean you have the actual direct-able link to give to others. This would likely not be a problem at all if we had a working archive for the site to check back on, but nope.

I'll try dumping a zip of the folder I have of the patches on Vola later tonight and post the order for patching here if it works (though they're also on the readme file in the folder too). Barring that, I can give you a link to the original forum where the patch files are located, but unless you have an account created and logged into it, you can't access the downloads there.

Whole project is basically one big JUST UNFUCK MY SHIT effort and a middle finger to NISA over how badly they butchered Ar Tonelico II, complete with full Japanese dub (NISA cut huge chunks of it out despite it being intended as dual audio), bug fixes (NISA being prone to either uncovering or causing their own bugs), full fan-retranslation (NISA fucked around, also had issues with typos, poor structure, mistranslation, and inconsistency), and recently, reimplementation of content even cut from the Japanese release. It's still not 100% ready for official release, but the test versions still make for a much better experience than the official localization, and should TPP happen, I could see it potentially killing fan-translation efforts (since lack of available roms/ISOs for games could easily hamper usability and demand for patches).

Great adventure games. Really enjoyed them both. If Hotel Dusk was remade in Last Window's engine, it would be my favorite adventure game of all time. Great setting, decent writing, good puzzles.

Oooooh I see. Yeah, that's different…

I guess see what you can do. I've kept this thread open, just been running around doing small things, and I'm leaving to work in a few hours, so I might not check back until tomorrow.

If you have an account there I wouldn't spam CP on the boards with it. I'd just download the shit and be done with it.

Interesting about all of the problems plaguing the translation. TPP would absolutely hamper fanlations, scanlations, and freedom of information as a whole. The USA will simply stop being the land of freedom if Hillary is elected.

Take your time, I've still got to wait until a bit later to try to upload since the connection quality's better late night/early morning. Here's a link to the site if you want to follow progress in the future:
at2.metalbat.com

And what I suspect to be the link to the downloads (or if not, it should be located in there somewhere closeby; I can't tell for sure since I don't have an account with them as of now and thus get an error page telling me I don't have permission to view):
w11.zetaboards.com/Revatail_Hymmne/topic/10690289/1/

NISA still had problems prior to AT2, albeit mostly in the way of localization induced glitchiness. Going off the old screencap of their sins, from what I can make of it, AT2 seems like it was unfortunate enough to be the first time they shat the bed hard. Which is a shame since I've heard it's a great game hampered by a really poor localization job. NISA has even made life difficult for the team working on the patch, in that they've had issues even trying to fix NISA's shit without other stuff breaking in turn (though I think they've since gotten past some if not all of the issues; helps they've since recruited a hacker that knows how to work with Gust's PS2 stuff).

Yep. Really hoping Trump has enough support that there's no amount of rigging that could be done and NOT spark revolts. I think (((they))) are going to have to weigh whether remaining in power is worth a potential shoah.

Might be able to help out with more ideas for what to grab (given PS2 games can get somewhat big on an individual level), but if I were you, I'd look into the ones that are expensive and/or hard to find (since it may not be likely your friend can help with those), as well as games with finished fan-translations or that have them in progress (so you can keep the game file on hand for when/if they finish).

Why is Mario Golf GB so perfect?

For fuck's sake. I know my download speed is bad but this upload speed is fucking terrible.

Going to try again later today, but it might be a lot faster to just make an account on their forum and find the patches directly there than wait on this.

Actually, I had an idea, and and I think I managed to find the original postable link to access the mega dump. This should work ("should" being the keyword; if it does, I am saving this link for copy and pasting).
mega.nz/#F!U9xGULJB!LYRULsnTNoHjMIljruxpzA

Again, it requires you to find the actual game file elsewhere (download the NA English version of Ar Tonelico II from Emuparadise; the project is designed to use that as a base from a hacking standpoint), and then follow the instructions in the readme to patch it in the right order. Some of the patches have uncompressed versions in there, on the offchance the downloader has difficulties unzipping the rars of some of them. And one last thing: the folder named “at2_beta1_to_beta2” should be “at2_beta1a_to_beta2”.

my peenus weenus of course

This link works!

I'm downloading everything now. That's Ar Tonelico II Melody of Metafalica?

SNK Vs. CAPCOM for the Neo Geo Pocket Color. I really like cardfighters clash too but I don't have anyone to play 2 player mode with.

I've been wanting to replay Uprising sometime… I remember really really loving it playing at launch a few years ago.

(I don't play the last pic anymore, but I loved it dearly when I was younger)

By console:
Pokemon Gold
Either Aria of Sorrow or Zero Mission
This is a tough one. Maybe Hotel Dusk, Strange Journey, Ghost Detective or Order of Ecclessia, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Haven't played many PSP games so I guess Dangan Ronpa

Haven't played any Vita games

Late response (internet shat itself earlier). Yeah, western release name is "Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica" (the Japanese names for these games are a mouthful in comparison). Kind of surprises me that Gust never made portable versions of either AT1 or 2, considering they did so for some of their PS1 Atelier games, as well as their PS3 ones and Ar Nosurge as well.

Remembered that I'd first seen the link posted while out at a friends house and had copied it to a text editor on my phone. For once that saved the day.

The mario and lugi games that were on DS and gameboy were really fucking good as well

Haven't gotten to aria yet, but I hope to by next weekend
Someone hasn't been paying attention

Downloaded all the shit but didn't get a chance to look into the patching programs/process today. This thread might die before tomorrow, so we need to pick a new thread.

How about ? It's PS2 focused and I've dropped the mega link there as well already for anyone that needs it.

Sounds good. I will check back tomorrow and hopefully be a little less busy. Off to work for now.

Thexder Neo on the PSP, simply because I loved old Thexder on the MSX.

Figure putting shit like Tetris and Yoshi's Island is too obvious

I think I tried one of the GBA Spyro games at one point, but the isometric style made it seem rather hard to judge height for gliding compared to the PS1 games.

Yeah, I'm playing it on Gameboy Micro(along with the Spyro/Crash Bandicoot cross overs Purple and Orange) and it's got nice music and level design; but the gliding really is infuriating! I thought I was pretty good at Spyro, too. Some levels, clear 100% no prob, then you get a tricky jump straight towards you and it's just about impossible.

It strikes me that maybe it would have been fine had there always been solid ground beneath you (then you could more readily use stuff like shadowing to tell height) but given how Spyro likes floating chunks of land over bottomless pits in some of the games, it's certainly a series that works better in 3D with full camera control.

No problem. If both threads are dead, consider dropping the patched file in the share thread in a mege or vola link (though you might want to double check the file works beforehand, and with it being a multi-patch process, it might be good to do more than once as you go through the process).

bum[u

I suppose most anons either play the game via the Vita (where as of now this isn't going to be of use) or PC version (which I assume either has it already or will see one in the near future), but the PSP version of Trails in the Sky SC now has a fanmade undub patch, like FC before it saw. Thought it might be worth mentioning.
gbatemp.net/threads/completed-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-psp-undub.445307/