Games where I can exterminate aliens?

So after bringing the world under english dominion in M2TW and lurking in the Stellaris thread, I realized I really want to play a good game where I can either destroy or subjugate aliens and rule over them with an iron fist.
I've played pretty much every X-COM except for Terror from the Deep and, while they're great games, I'd rather take the fight to the aliens instead of just driving them out of my planet. I've played Xenonauts, UFO: Aftermath and UFO: Alien Invasion as well.
I've played quite a bit of Sins of a Solar Empire as well. It's fun, but late game is a slog and I'd rather play something else.
Also, no 40k please. I like the setting, but I'm pretty sure I've played all the games set within it. Which reminds me, what happened to Chapter Master? Last I heard it was pretty much dead, but maybe some other charitable soul decided to work on it a bit longer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4StQbQ0KjB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Turned into Interstellar Army Simulator with a "fan-made" CM-mod after Duke got C&D'd. Some point later he dropped out and nobody took up the torch.

There's EDF but that's in the same vein as X-COM where you at most kick them off the planet. Outside of grand strats and 4x I can't think of anything that lets humans pursue aliens into space and subjugate them instead of just fighting them off. Lately I've found myself really jonesing for a flying game where you get to be the air support for X-COM or the EDF and take on UFOs and work your way up to experimental space fighters and shit but I know it's never going to happen.

EDF EDF EDF EDF

You'll never get a EDF kind of game but with imperial guardsmen and high mortality rates.

Halo.

Aurora

But Halo is just humans losing for like 75% of it, then the aliens have a civil war and self destruct on their own and half of them become BFFs with humanity before just disappearing from the story and getting replaced by an Ancient Evil that has Awoken.

Sounds like our 'victory' over communism.
Next thing you know the humans will start inducting every alien race they find into their society.

Unsurprising. Ah well, it's not like he was getting any money for it. It's a shame.

Damn it, user. Now I wish there was a proper flight sim set in the first X-COM. Interceptor was entirely set in space so it doesn't count and it was mediocre anyway.

Already played 1 and 2, I have no interest in the rest of the series because I have no consoles. It was fun, though. I might even replay them since you mentioned it. It's been about 4 or 5 years since I finished 2.

Oh man, I get the feeling it's going to be like Dwarf Fortress where there's so much detail I'll spend entire days in my room. I love DF but I never play it because I get so sucked into the game that I forget to eat, I barely remember to go to the bathroom.
I'll try it out when I'm on vacation. That way I minimize the damage done to the rest of my life.

They could very well be, I don't know what happened with the half of the covenant that sided with humanity after 3 since they don't show up in 4 at all and I have no clue what happens in 5 because after 4 343i can suck my nuts. I kind of doubt it though since I think they're too unwilling or untalented to deal with not being able to use elites and grunts as enemies anymore.

First of all you're a faggot. A cheapass, girly, blowing truckers for a sandwich tier faggot.

Tried Afterlight or Extraterrestrials? They play similar to X-Com but are based on alien worlds, a human colony on Mars and Esperanza (alpha centauri iirc).
Imperium Galactica, Star Control and Reunion also come to mind

Master of Orion.

In Ground Control 2, there is an alien race in the game that is both playable and can be an enemy. Not sure of the singleplayer aside from a few missions of alien fighting but you can basically have matches in skirmish/multi (if anyone still plays) of just destroying the aliens as one of the human factions. Think World in Conflict but made earlier and in spess

There also was a game called Dark Colony where the story takes place with an invading human force fighting xeno greys. Here's the intro to the game, which is metal af. Finding a playable version however is something else entirely…

are we talking about aliens as in spess? or aliens as in not in their natural habitat
i'm playing gothic 3 right now and i'm having a blast mowing down orc invaders with a shitty bow

They come from spess. The and the humans are both fighting over the planet, so its just good old human-xeno intergalactic war.

Seconding the original Master of Orion, I can't say anything about the remake.

Hey I bet you 50 bucks that you're my nigger

Alright, you win but I'm only paying ya half.

But can you punch things REAAAAAALLY hard?

have you tried talking to the aliens?

Why is whatsherface Keynes so damn ugly in the remastered edition? WTF

Is it grey or gray?

We did but they're retards and they think cows could talk.

gray as in ayyyy

Come on you ape

Humanity is shitload younger and smaller in Halo yet in the expanded universe they beat Covenant like crazy. They literally destroy like 100 Covenant cruisers for each human ship because humanity is ah-so-innovative and freedumbs. I think that in one of the books it was also stated that humans tend to win ground-engagements with the covenant but lose overall in space due to getting overwhelmed. The spartans as well magically transformed throughout the series from humanity's response to sangheili battlefield dominance to unrivaled combat-jesuses that wipe out any enemy possible. It's actually pretty shitty writing and totally killed the atmosphere. At least 343 seems to have dropped the fucking chosen one status of humanity.

Well, yeah
I already played Imperium Galactica and Star Control. I'll give those other games a shot.

Played that, as well. I actually have a campaign that I've completely ignored for months. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh man, I'd completely forgotten about Ground Control. I never played 2, so this should be great.

I do know of that game, although I never bothered to try and play it.

Yes, I have. Diplomacy is wonderful as a prelude to kicking their shit in. When it doesn't work you get straight to the fighting so it's a win-win.

Last I check you got that the wrong way around. Humanity got completely shat on in space because Covenant ships were so much better and they usually lost 10 ships for every Covenant ship. They were more evenly matched on the ground and could often win there but it didn't make much difference since the covenant would just glass them from orbit. The Spartans were great because of their training but even normal elites were stronger than them. They were great on the ground but couldn't do much in space outside of the occasional boarding attempt and humanity was losing mostly because of their weak space strength.

I've only played up to Reach and read up to Cole protocol and consider anything released past that non-canon. I know 343 fucked up Halo pretty badly but did it really get that bad?

Not really. Bungie was doing a lot of more subtle damage before them.

mdk 2
mass effect

halo lorefag here, has no idea what he's talking about, is mostly right

You shouldn't. While it's true that 4 and 5 have terrible to eh stories, 343's novels have actually been for the most part pretty damn good, list related

Silentium (343)
Contact Harvest (bungie)

Ghosts of Onyx (Bungie)
Broken Circle (343)
Cryptum (343)
Last Light (343)
Evolutions (Bungie)

Shadow of Intent (343)
Fall of Reach (Bungie)
Primordium (343)
First Strike (Bungie)
Hunters in the Dark (343)
Saints Testimoney (343)

Glasslands (343)
Cole Protocol (Bungie)
Thursday War (343)
New Blood (343)

The flood (Bungie)

Mortal Dictatata (343)

Also, Halo 5's gameplay and forge are great, actually i'd argue it has the best MP in the series after 2's.

Yeah, nothing like a little RnR after removing space kebab

Goddamn it OP, you trying to trigger me or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=4StQbQ0KjB4

You can thank me later, you anons know there's a expansion pack for DC right?

Anyway, for OP I got the following:
War Wind 2 - where you get to play as fucking Marines against 4 alien races and wimpy tree hugging humans
Earth 2160 - but the game is really mediocre
Conquest Frontier Wars - You really fight a good war against 2 species
Deadlock
Imperium Galactica
UFO series

Thanks user, thought I'd never be able to play it. If only the same could be said for The War of The Worlds RTS, but oh well. Least I can try out this gem

why cant humans and xenos live in harmony?

I know right?

Something love something something a battlefield questionmark

Thanks user, will keep in mind if I ever find a copy again. If only the same could be said for The War of The Worlds RTS, but oh well.

Because Halo is fucking weird in the scifi humans are space faring and have over 100+ colonies but in the 550 years they have this weird back and forth with military tech where the "assault rifle" is a shitty 7.62x51mm bullpup with 300 meter range (for reference the old G3 had an alleged 500m range though had problems of its own) and their most powerful infantry weapon is a pistol that shoots exploding boolets and an 8 gauge shotgun with no range, yet they have railguns, heavy laser beam weapons, super soldier juice, and powered armor. And the SPARTAN program was made to fight insurrectionists and prevent a civil war that could potentially crush civilization (however the hell that could work with 100 planets in your empire), the SPARTAN-IIs only became slightly useful against the Covenant but there were too few of them and the much better Mark V and VI Mjolnir suits came far too late to make a difference on its own. Arguably the SPARTAN-IIIs had a better impact on the Covenant due to there being more IIIs made and because they were specifically hitting vital Covenant installations with success despite their near 100% mortality rate. It really was luck and chance that the Flood showed up and the Covenant wanted to civil war and fuck up their own mission.

Did you miss the part where ONI turned into Space Mossad and tried assisted the Covenant and helped them attempt to assassinate the Arbiter? Granted Bungie fucked up by making ODST a waste of time and turned Reach into a retarded borefest but that was telling that 343 could only manage to do worse from there.

So most of the good 343 era books are prequel stories about the Forerunner? I should have read Contact Harvest before I ever played ODST. Now I don't really want to touch the series anymore.

Get out.

Get your head out of your ass. It's fine to criticiize them for the bad stuff they do but going ALL 343 STUFF IS SHIT NO MATTER WHAT just makes you a faggot

Well, contact harvest is bungie era, not 343. IDK what you think it has to do with ODST, but it's more related to the events of Halo Wars then ODST. It's actually my overall favorite halo novel.

Gonna tl;dr each 343 novel I guess

- Evolutions is an anthology that has a bunch of stories from a bunch of time periods. Notable stories a ship where the flood gets lose after ONI was experimenting on prisoners with it, how the gravemind mindraped cortana, and how the rookie from ODST became an ODST.

- Cryptum, Primordium, and Silentium are the forerunner books. They are extremely well written, almost unarguably the best so of the halo novels (the fact they are by a classic sci fi vet shows) and do an amazing job of making forerunners and their technology and society feel esoterically advanced rather then just "modern tech but FUTURISTIC/sleek and flashy". It also devolves over time into really good cosmic horror. Primordium is very slow and unventful though, and the general writing style of all 3 is pretty dense.

-Glasslands is a direct sequel to Ghosts of Onyx, it both introduces new characters (the Kilo 5 squad) and continues the story of BLUE team/Halsey/the surviving S3's.Glasslands has two direct sequels that follow the Kilo 5 team (Thursday War and Mortal Dictata). Glasslands/Thursday war are decent. A lot of people call them shit but they are still worth the read. They aren't great but they are still enjoyab;e. Mortal dictatata is actually utter trash, it's the type of shit that makes seem reasonable

- Last light, meanwhile, follows BLUE team and the S3's after the events of Glasslands as they go to a far off innie sympathizing colony with ONI to find something. They become murder suspects as the local government is finding citizens murdered while ONI/the UNSC is looking around on the planet, so it becomes a murder myster switching between the perspective of a local detective and Blue team. Very, very good, like with Broken circle and Ghosts of Onyx, bordering on excellent.

- Broken Circle takes place both during the early days of the covenant right after it was formed when it was just the elites and prophets, as well as during the covenant civil war/great schism during the events of Halo 2. Notable for introducing prophet characters that are actually bros rather then scheming space jews. great, bordering on excellent.

- Hunters in the Dark follows the elites that players 3 and 4 controlled in Halo 3 co-op as well as a new human character (who ended up being one of locke's team memebers in halo 5) in a mission back to the remains of the Ark after the events of halo 3. It's good, not great, not bad.

- Shadow of Intent is a novella by joe staten (lead writier at bungie for most of the early halo games, he single handled wrote most of the background lore for the covenant inner workings, he was also the author of contact harvest). Follows the elite shipmaster from Halo 2/3 (Rtas Vadum, aka Half Jaw) after the events of Halo 3 and an assassination plot on him. Pretty good, bordering on great. Well worth the cheap price/the pirate

- Saints Testimoney is novella that follows the AI partner to BLACK team from the blood line comic and her bid to win legal rights as a sentient being, since as you and anybody else who has read a single halo book know, AI's have no rights and are treated as tools by the UNSC. It's alright.

- New Blood is a novella follows the squad from Halo 3 ODST after the events of halo 3. This a pretty controversial book due to something that happens in it, and a lot of people hate it for it, but I think that thing it does is fine and it's mostly people being butthurt. But there's also no denying that it's not a particilarly good book, either. Again, like Glasslands and thursday war, it''s not bad, but…. in any case, it's a novella, so it's cheaper/less time to read if you pirate it.

=========================================================

There's also some newer stuff I haven't read yet: Fractures is a new anthology and I think it has saints testimoney and Shadow of intent included in it, but I can't speak for the other stories it has. There's also yet another book focusing on Onyx and the S3's soon I think.

an addendum to

I'd at least give Broken Circle a pirate, same with contact harvest if you haven't read that yet. If you like BC, try some of the other newer novels I go over.

Also, as I said, 5 has actually really good multiplayer and general gameplay, the second best in the series IMO behind 2.

A shame the campaign/story is still not very good. but if 343 can learn from their mistakes their like they learned from their mistakes from 4's MP, halo 6 actually has the potential to be on par with CE, 2, and 3 overall.

So, if you can argue that halo 5 has good mp, i would love to hear it. If you have time.

This may be a bit rambling since I haven't slept in 2 days and it's 3am here, but…

the tl;dr of it though is that it returns to even starts, actually has good weapon balance where the autos are useful (the AR is actually super accurate) without being crutch guns, has good vertical map design for 4v4 maps with tons of skilljumps (despite having clamber), which remids me of CE and halo 2 MP maps, which I felt had the best maps in the series, as well as the fact that all of the new movement mechanics are well executed in a way that doesn't detract from feeling like halo while still adding to gameplay in a meaningful way.

Those are the main things I can point and explain to, but a lot of it is also just feel. It feels tighter and smoother then past halo games in terms of physics, aiming, gunplay, etc.

It's not perfect by any means: It's lacking a lot of game modes that it should have, there's no local play/splitscreen, there are no native BTB maps, only forged ones, but as far as the 4v4 experience it's definitely up there with CE, 2, and 3, if not surpassing a few. The new shits and giggles mode (Warzone) is actually a decent amount of fun. It's a bit like Invasion, but with even more bullshit (not in the bad sense) thrown in. Worth noting warzone does have a micortransaction system, but it's honestly the least jewish micotransaction system i've seen in a game.

I've had halo 5 since launch and I haven't bought a single thing for warzone with real money and I still do fine in it. There's like 4 different subsystems in each warzone match to prevent people from just spamming good shit and curbstomping. If anything, the micotransaction system is only a pain for the cosmetic armor unlocks since it's randomized vs in Halo 4/reach/3 where you could just go for the one armor set you know you wanted

I don't think it's worth buying an xbone for, by any means. But if you already own an xbone or have a friend that does it's worth trying out for sure, and there's also a free W10 port with custom lobbies and forge (which is by far the best it's ever been). It's missing the campaign but the campaign in 5 isn't even worth bothering with

Anyways, if you do try it, don't be alramed by the fact that zoom is set to left trigger and it looks like aim down sights. It's not, in terms of actual gameplay it's basically identical to zoom halo has always had, it's only cosmetically different and there's a classic button layout option to put it back on right stick

Oh, on that note, there's an absurd amount of modularity with controller settings in 5, you have indivual inner and outer deadzone and acceleration adjusitments on both analogs sticks and such

So, yeah, that's my thoughts on 5's MP, both good and bad.

ODST is where Halo as a franchise went to shit. Sure they might have made decent books during then and afterwards but ODST is when Bungie themselves proved they couldn't make a good Halo game anymore. And people are stupid faggots for being assmad over the Rookie getting killed in the novel he died in since the Rookie was a useless character along with nearly everyone else and everything that went on in ODST.

That would be great if I gave enough of a shit to waste time and money on the XBONE. Also Req packs. Req packs and turning Firefight into a shitty Borderlands knock off. Disgusting That was the one feature ODST was worth a fuck and Reach improved it in every way. What were they thinking when they turned it into that shitpile?

Now there's a name i haven't heard in a long time.

Stay dead brother, don't come back as a remake.

And I agree that while it's great, it's not worth buying an xbone for, I even said that in

I said it in the post above, but aside from making it a bitch to get the armor you want, I think REQ packs are actually pretty innocuous. The fact that you can mix and match REQ modifiers in forge is a ton of fun too, since you can make the spartan laser fire the REQ fuel rod shots and turn it into a scarab gun and do all sorts of other crazy bullshit with that.

webms related, though I lost the actual spartan laser fuel rod one

You know people burned at the steak for fucking demi-humans ?

I'm hoping there's some prime-rib the way I'm going

Chapter Master has been abandoned once again after the new dev got sick of having it to keep it 40k related.

The game is made with Game maker free so anyone with some coding skill could pick up the source code and try develop it themselves, but the original is such a mess that for months the new devs were just cleaning up code that wasnt doing anything.

ib4 it comes back a moba

Say hi to Ainsley for me

It would be better as a TPS tbh, it be a fantastic GoW clone where your removing underwater aays as well as the martian survivors trying to kill as many humans on earth as they can.

i wanted that sequel so bad.

Whats the right wording then user?

The starship troopers game was shit but at least it properly represented what fighting waves of bugs is like.

For turning a goat tier RTS into a cover shooter? Cancer

RTS are dead user. move on like i have.

What RTS?

Only in death does duty end

Battletoads

I keep hearing people say the forerunner novels are alright but i've always hated the idea of fleshing out the forerunners and preferred they stayed as mysterious and unknown ancient long dead beings. I enjoyed the books themselves but I doubt i'll be able to read any more, it just won't be the same now that the games have gone to shit. For me the story of Halo ended at 3 and Ghosts of Onyx.

Is this Halo 2: Vista 2: Electric Boogaloo? Microshit really did not learn their lesson after 10 years that they still think holding a shitty Halo game hostage on a garbage OS no one wants will somehow sell.

Thank you for reminding me that there's probably only 3 or 4 suits of armor that don't look like something out of a bad cartoony anime or capeshit. Those armors must have been the ugliest things I have ever seen

But like I said about the Req packs. RNG lotto is for armor and gun power ups is dumb and it's still fucking dumb even if it's less dumb than the other RNG lotto systems in AAA games lately. And it certainly doesn't excuse the garbage design of Firefight 3.0

You might enjoy the Wing Commander series. Basically it's humans vs space cats in a galactic war for dominance and you play as a human fighter who exterminates the alien race and liberate human planets for the glory of Earth.

Cheap, reliable, effective and reasonably powerful. Can't beat that.
Efficiency is important, not neon-high-tech-shit masturbation.

You forgot First Strike, it bridges the gap in-between CE and Halo 2, shows how Sgt. Johnson survives and other stuff.

I'm inclined to agree with . ODST was ok but could have been a lot better, and the games just get worse from there. Reach is wasted potential, only improving on customization/forge while campaign was smaller and more forgettable.

Everything release dby 343 is trash. They have shit art direction, shit writing, shit composition, shit AI, shit campaign, microtransactions, and Halo 5 released with less than half the content that Halo 3 did (no forge, BTB, firefight, theater, splitscreen…)

Halo 5 for Windows is just multiplayer.

You forgot the part where their "Assault Rifle" uses the same rifle cartridge we made in the 50s yet has poorer range and overall performance than many Battle Rifles made in the Cold War. Yet all their other small arms like the "Battle Rifle" and M6 Magnum actually use new innovative cartridges that are leagues better than what we have now. So why do they have such a shit gun as their main assault rifle yet can afford to field actual sci-fi gizmos like railguns, lasers and power armor?

So Halo 2: Vista 2:Electric Boogaloo MP edition? I can't tell if that's a pragmatic decision due to the poor reception of that dogshit campaign or just more retardation because it's still "Windows 10 Exclusive."

Stop talking shit, or was that one time humanity obtilerated an entire Covenant fleet with a single bomb retconned at some point?

id fuck that bug girl.

No I didn't, it's on there, right below primordium

Again, I disagree, see the book tier list, and my thoughts on halo 5's MP here:

Well, it's not actually intended to be a full port of 5, they are marketing it just as a tool to help forgers forge better with M+KB inputs, which is why it lacks the campaign and matchamking and only has forge and customs

They've pretty much said though that moving foward all Halo games will be on PC too. Like it or not, it seems MS is putting all their bets on W10 actually being the next OS they focus on.

I have windows 10 on this laptop because I spilled water on my old laptop and needed a quick replacement. Aside from the fact that it's impossible to remove cortana and onedrive and that sort of bloatware without potentiallhy screwing up stuff it's not that bad. 7 is obviously better but by now 7 has all the same telemetry bullshit and has all or nothing only updates too, so…

So it's not even a port or even a skeleton of a port, it's just random bones and not much to do with them? Coupled with the Windows 10 shit they really did not seem to think this through. Though if they thought anything through they wouldn't have made a shitty comic that retcons and invalidates Halo 4 Spartan Ops and made Halo 5 the way they did.

>I have windows 10 on this laptop because I spilled water on my old laptop and needed a quick replacement. Aside from the fact that it's impossible to remove cortana and onedrive and that sort of bloatware without potentiallhy screwing up stuff it's not that bad. 7 is obviously better but by now 7 has all the same telemetry bullshit and has all or nothing only updates too, so…

Don't we have regular threads on Wangblows 10 and guides to remove as much spyware shit as possible on current Windows users and those dumb or lazy enough to use 10?

Yeah, i've been in them and did research into that, the thing is those scripts also remove the windows store and are a bit buggy in general, and I actually want to keep the windows store for killer instinct and stuff.

Well, you got the entirity of forge and you have the MP, you just have to rely on private lobbies/customs rather then a matchmaking system

In Distant worlds you can choose your poison; set up penal colonies for their slave labour, Segregate them to shit hole planets, or exterminate them.

forgot page 3

All these webms reminds me of when I did straight alien vs human slugfests in the underground maze where you couldn't build units or harvest resources. Humans won every fucking time when you bring in the next tier of units, they weren't remotely on equal footing despite what the game would have you believe with the tutorials.

That is the only actual point you have, but there could be reasons for keeping that cartridge.
After all, why does the west use it?

Deathwing soon fgt

I'm hype

Cute.

Just watch a walkthough and you'll be fine. Arbiter becomes king of the elites and pushed out the last of the covenant from his home planet.

Is that knife ear trying to suck off her bug dad?

We don't use it as much as we used to in favor of intermediate cartridges since the 70s onward. Sure they still see use in specific rifles meant for specific roles, not for the current needs of today's assault rifles. From my understanding, there are 2 ways for development of those cartridges can go: making a smaller intermediate cartridge for compact weapons but retains armor penetration and stopping power (the 4.6mm round for the MP7 or the 5.7 round for P90s), or making an intermediate cartridge that has similar diameter to full-sized rifle rounds but has properties to make it as quiet as possible when fired from suppressed weapons and retain reasonable power (like .300 BLK or 9x39mm). There's also other developments that have been going on for decades like caseless ammo and gimmick shit like that RIP hollow points for pistols. It's not unreasonable to assume that with all that has gone on between the last century and now that 500 years in the future that cartridge fed weapons should be better in every way. Especially when the same future military can make handheld lasers and railguns yet the power armored super soldier with reinforced bones and heightened reflexes is constantly being handed a bullpup that is heavier, less accurate, less effective than what a civilian can get today (unless he wastes money on an RFB). And in the 25+ years of fighting an alien menace did it never occur to anyone to make a weapon that would take full advantage of the Spartan's abilities.

And keep in mind, the real reason the majority of the west use the same 7.62 and 5.56 cartridges for their weapons is because of STANAG and ease of logistics, not because they're not motivated enough or given a big enough budget to start making new bullets. That's why so many modern assault rifles are built to use the same type of magazines (except H&K)

Not the worst fate for a thread, I suppose

Pretty much because that's her bug boyfriend.

Thanks for the reply user.

I agree with you, I played halo 5 with my friend and it sort of reminded me of the good old days of BTB.

Thanks for the reply

Actually he did set up a patron.
Only so he could hopefully full time as a game dev but as you can guess it never led to anything.

Brother I too punch things. Rip tank tennis though, too good for this world.

Got you covered fam

Though it can still happen due to physics being wonky as shit.

dead game
self-deluded devs

I'm happily farming salt, game is in beta and everyone knows it.

Everyone also knows it will never come out of beta and that the dev pace is pathetic at best.

It's more promising than my last purchase nosgoth.

When something is promising for way too long you should start waking up to how it will never be.

I know, I know. It has some fun moments. But I dropped it like a rock soon after realizing veteran was a waste of time. And I wasn't the only person.
If you really do enjoy it, keep at it, because it doesn't have much time left.

this place has turned to shit

I'm willing to see how console release goes.

X3: Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude

X3: Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude

Get nerfed.

Neuro Hunter counts?

I play everything, plasma is just my bread and butter.

Distant Worlds

you will realise that humanity isnt the best race

Fee Fi Fo Fum

I smell the blood of xeno-loving scum

DoW and DoW 2 are on sale right now,which one should I get?