Every game should default to borderless window. Fullscreen mode is fucking horseshit

Every game should default to borderless window. Fullscreen mode is fucking horseshit.

On console?

Every game should be good

Master pedant

what difference does it make?

You need contrast

Who gives a fuck???
???

It takes more resources, unnecesary if anything.

Negligible resource use.
Absolutely necessary.

Hard fullscreen is harder to tab out of.

No it isn't

Borderless window on 2 monitors is almost necessary. Half of the games i play will black-out the second screen unless in borderless window mods

Mode, even.

Borderless window requires the game resolution be the same as the desktop resolution to achieve the same fullscreen effect. Lots of people with shitty computers have to drop the resolution from their native so they can play at a stable FPS.

Go to bed Pajeet. Just because you're third world doesn't mean we need to tailor life to you.

It's simple business, retard

I usually play with the resolutions at my monitor's and use Gamers Window Relocator to align the window properly. This makes the game look fullscreen while still allowing for easy alt tabbing and multimonitor support. Also I notice that fullscreen mode tends to distort the picture, even though it's supposed to look the same. I don't play any serious game in fullscreen.

Games should be made for the most recent hardware with the option to scale down to older hardware. It's good practice to make your game that way, and it's not even difficult to do if you aren't a talentless pajeet hired fresh out of a mudhole AKA AAA dev teams

Actually most new games have render resolution scaling. Overall UI res stays the same. Who's the retard now.

Consoles usually don't have more than two "apps" running at the same time, usually the game and the home UI, "alt-tab" in those cases is not painfully messing with your application's window either.

I've only used jewvidia cards for the last decade but my experience has been there is always a ~10fps drop in borderless windowed vs full screen, so I never use it.

Upgrade your toaster. Alt-tabbing out of fullscreen exclusive mode on my old machine often took several seconds. Ever since I upgraded it takes a fraction of a second. Barely noticeable. Fullscreen exclusive is worth it for the better resource utilization (not competing with other programs for GPU processing time) and better control of swap interval timing leading to less dropped or teared frames. Fullscreen borderless should still be an option for multimonitor setups and people that alt tab a ton.

So… fullscreen?

Fullscreen with easy alt-tab, no blacking out other monitors, no graphical distortion, and possibly a drop in FPS.

But how would you know if one's good if they're all the same?

The first 10 minutes is relevant. There would be nothing wrong with shipping borderless by default and having fullscreen exclusivity as an option, if Windows handled fullscreen properly the reverse should be true but it doesn't. There's nothing but problems with it from frame rate to resolution to even arbitrary game stability issues.

So what is it then retard?
Why don't you have multi monitors if your rig is so good?

hahahahahaha

Using a bunch of mediocre monitors is a mark of a poorfag. I have a single large high quality monitor because I can afford it and because I hate the way Windows handles multiple monitors.

on non suck ass opreating systems with actual window managers on customizable UNIX-like OSs like GNU/Linux and OS X,
yes
otherwise the vsync of Window's Window manager is applies to every windowed application, which vsync adds a small amount of lag, If that lag isn't a problem and you seek that "smooth" experience of being able to tab in and out like a fucking monkey, sure unless the program sucks fucking dick fucks up the resolution every time you alt tab example: DN3D: 20th garbage world tour and shadow warrior 2
then no

Don't use Linux on a desktop. What the fuck are you doing? Why are you even here?

The fact remains you're a single monitor pleb. The lowest of the low. A fake gamer girl.

You have one monitor. One! Hilarious.

you get to play the best exclusive racing game along with games that have denuvo that have linux releases won't have denuvo

Your bait thread is shit, your opinions are shit, and you reek of cuckchan.

You have
ONE
monitor.
And style yourself savvy.

This thread is pretty lame.

capabilities = quality
You got me. I'm here to sell you monitors.

We got a real intellectual heavyweight here, folks.

you might as well not even breathe

too bad its a shit game so it doesn't count but it still does :^)

OY VEY

You're the guy who said that, remember?
Then I shredded you. This caused you to switch tactics and call me a jew. How jewish.

You used to type so much more before. Emotions too high for anything but memes?

That's my favorite quote of yours.

I like windowed and borderless but on long amount of hours my pc gets very laggy. I made it completely freeze due to that yesterday. But it handles dual monitors pretty well. Not so much taskbat at top at times.

Doesn't that prove the issues with exclusive mode? Having to buy new hardware to accommodate for software shortcomings is not something I would brag about, it's something I would be mad about being forced into. Not to mention switching between modes is only one issue.

See and
Borderless performs worse, stutters or tears more, and if you use desktop composition which forces system-wide vsync (Windows Vista or 7 with Aero enabled, and any Windows after and including 8) it adds an extra frame or two of lag. If you suffer all of that because of the alt-tab delay, you're either an idiot or you have an extremely terrible computer.

What argument are you trying to make by listing issues with Windows? Again these are problems that can be fixed, that should be obvious to you since you even listed systems where that doesn't happen. I'm not responsible for the Windows codebase so don't blame me and my particular computer has no relevance to the topic, just because I personally don't see any percivable problem on my computer doesn't mean the issue isn't still there.

I don't know why you have to be so stubborn, I don't even want to talk with you if you're going to be that way. Especially if you're going to contradict even yourself.

Oh. So you don't know what you're talking about at all.

I should have said issues, the fact that a developer can't guarantee stability of their application because the underlying graphics api being terrible, is probably the worst one and it's bad for everyone. No matter what hardware you have it's not going to fix the API calls randomly crashing an application, it just means you'll be able to induce it faster, yay.

Lol pc gamers are so entitled

These are outdated issues. gsync works windowed today, so no tearing or vsync issues anymore.
alt-tab feels very slow if you aren't a downsy with a slow brain, it can be EXTREMELY slow in some games (ex: X Rebirth), and it's still the source of a lot of stability issues due to how it requires engines to manually rebuild the context. Also, my rig is faster than yours. And you're a faggot.

On pre Win 10 systems it reduces input lag by a decent chunk because you bypass desktop composition which usually forces another layer vsync on top of everything can also cause tearing sometimes

There's no real difference in performance if you run the game at the same resolution so no reason to use borderless unless exclusive fullscreen has a particular issue on your configuration or you're a spazz who needs to alt-tab every 5 second.