E.Y.E thread general

Do you think the devs of Spec Ops played E.Y.E before making this game in a year?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/skacky
eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=back_back&moreinfos=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I meant their

I don't know, were their legs okay?

Anyone know if the drawfag ever returned?

There's a reason this game never made it big.

Get out filthy Jian.

I haven't seen any past those four.

I've been keeping my eyes out for him, but I don't think so, user.

Fuck

Whens EYE 2

After Deathwing

After Space Hulk Deathwing
be sure to buy it fag, its looking good

The game after deathwing is not supposed to be E.Y.E. 2 though. It will be in the same universe, but the gameplay is supposed to be you playing as Feds in a style similar to SWAT.

Words can't describe how erect I am right now.

It is still a sequel though, even if it doesn't necessarily involve your character.

But will there be MetaStreumonic Ayys and Rimmanahs bitch of a wife to kill?

They never said if it would be a prequel or a sequel though. Either way it will be neat.

The idea is giving me all kinds of bonors. One of the things they mentioned as an idea for it was that you would have to use teamwork and ambushes to take down even the most basic of EYE soldiers.

Metastromboli is in the texts in the library so it is very likely that they do in fact exist, just not the Synicles

Sauce?

I can't remember where I heard it, sorry. I just remember that it was an interview about what they wanted to do after deathwing and about the EYE universe.

>just not the Synicles
True, the event that lead to the cycles is in the future after all

Id like to know this too
Trying to find some talks about a future game, cant find shit though.

I need to know nigger

Was it one of their epic rants on their forums in French? Because that shit about the Journalists was absolute keks

Would you mind posting that please? I have not seen it.

See if I can find it saved. No promises user I am pretty drunk at the moment

However the just was they were pissed that the journalists playing Deathwing had God Mode and No Recoil mode on.

Didn't they also get pissed off at them for taking footage from the least finished levels?

Hows life user?

There was that as well, along with AI that had not been finished. Although I do remember them calling journalists pussies for basically playing on "Easy" mode.

Oh fuck, I remember that from another thread
Some user shared a link and everything, cant remember the name of the site though, that shit was 1 and a half years ago.

Man I'm fucking stoked.

Personally I'm wondering if I can even run it. I can play UT4 & Fortnite on high pretty well, but I tried the real time kite demo (vid related) & it ran at a silky smooth 9 FPS. Doesn't help that minimum system requirements could mean anything at this point, in comparison to like 10 years ago where the minimum requirements meant "640x480 on low with 20 fps". I'm out of the loop on these new game requirements, doesn't help that most PC reviews only test shit on whatever Nvidia & AMD shat out this month.

I'm holding off on upgrading my toaster until the devs release the required specs for Deathwing.

Buml

I thought I'd saved a few of them, but it seems all I've got is the one where a developer brings up the SWAT-inspired E.Y.E. 2 concept, and only in the original French.

yes, filthy casuals

Yet the same people are making a fucking Spacehulk game. Moron.

Oh, I linked the Twitter page of Divine Cybermancy's map designer seven hours ago, except apparently not:
twitter.com/skacky

Please explain this games story to me.

The replies is the story, the pics is the lore.
You wake up in a cave with a deep fried cyberbrain, a lvl1 reset and memory issues right before you get called by your commander, who for (((some reason))) thinks one of his top tier operative needs a basic instruction program because he looked a bit out of it from the Codec.
So you proceed to get out of the cave, kill your way through a minor daemon, a few cops and mobsters, get extracted back to your temple monastery/HQ, your playing some kind of grey knight space marine meets cyberpunk spy by the way.

Back in the E.Y.E temple, first person you meet is your daddy Mentor who calls you a disappointment and possibly a brain damaged idiot(dialogue branch). He gives you some exposure about the current cold faction war within E.Y.E (culter vs Jian), and the role your commander plays in it. Second one is your boss, Rimanah, who gives you a few reminders:
-you are a good goy soldier and his most loyal operative
-you are part of the culter faction and actively operate against the jian under his direct orders
-your mentor is working with the jian, you've secretly betrayed him and have been spying him for a while now

There are a few secondary character and can talk to them to get some clues about the jian/culter war, the demonic incursion or how cyber/psychic powers are pussy magnets but they aren't relevant to the main story.

You are then sent on a string of missions to spy on your mentor, sabotage the jian, conducting the Secreta's business or all 3 at once. With a mandatory return to the temple between each mission, so you can buy stuff for yourself or talk to the NPC (the temple's NPCs change between each campaign mission).

I could go on from here but I don't want to be spoilerish. Play the game. I'll proceed to dump some fun stuff.

Metastremonic Force samples aka Metastreums.
The demons E.Y.E was initially made to fight against.

Jians.

Culter Dei

This dream again, déjà vu !

Fun

Federal military, in universe they are the true space marines, E.Y.E is a parallel group, a crossover between the SM and the ordo malleus.
They have their own psychic corps that are closer to the inquisition, unfortunately, they aren't in-game like so many other things in their lore/concept arts.

Last one.

Can I go around telling Jians how they're half machine half pussy?

I don't get what this video is trying to convey. A massive planetary facility has shittons of enemies?

Their spawn point is right there and they spawn the exact nanosecond you stop looking directly at it.
I found a spot like that in another map, so i just brought over a turret with me, placed it in a nice spot nearby and turned around. Enjoy the music and collect the research suitcases later.

Enemies spawning right next to you is bad game design. It was pretty horrible in the first versions.

eeeee

I actually made or shopped a few pics in this thread.

good job

It's a shame pic number one never made it into the game.

bump

it does, just as a map piece though, sadly

And that's why they're in charge of Space Hulk Deathwing

enemy spawns activate when you look away, you can literally grab a minigun and spin in circles and farm two enemies at a time.

nice

If it's the SWAT, it may actually be EYE's predecessor from Streum's short movie.
If that's the case, here's what to expect from EYE 2:

>E.Y.E. 2 mission set in the ruins of a city. high monk of the Jian Sheng-di fighting through metastreumonics in search of an artifact buried within, accompanied by Persecutor did I mention dermal armor and that he can perform beast invocations and polyclone no jutsu?

Holy shit
That sounds fucking radical

Different user here.
First, Nice dubs.
Second, yeah I've read all of that, and I have played the game and finished it multiple times.

I'm still confused with some parts of the lore.
2250: The Federation find a human war hammer on board an alien vessel, other aliens called Orus claimed the hammer and vessel to be there. Federation ignored and war broke out.

2253: When the Orus were about to make their final victorious assault. An unknown force attacks both sides, their ships looking like the original crashed ship with the War Hammer. Which they then stole the original crashed ship (and the War Hammer?), they then immediately left after this.

2280: The Federation and Orus signed an alliance pact.

2283: The Alliance are now are attacked by another alien species (who look like humans) who have the same technology/ships of the unknown aliens who attacked in 2253. War starts between the Alliance and these new human like Aliens.

237-: The unknown aliens, with nearly a century of war were winning. This was mysteriously turned around by a new force called Nemesis.

2379: The Alliance destroyed the "home planet" of the unknown invaders. Turns out that the planet is possibly a minor base for a vast empire elsewhere in space.

2380: After this great victory, this was declared a re birthing of the Federation, they reset the date to Year 0.

I think that's what happened, really fucking confusing.
First off, the unknown force that attacked The Orus and Federation in 2253, are either the Metastremonic force, or most likely the far advanced human like species (inb4 space elves).

I'm assuming that the Orus and Federation united into into a single empire, calling it self The Federation. If this is the case, are the Orus actually humans or not?
If this isn't the case, then what the fuck is happening to the modern day Orus as all of the Federation is engulfed in civil war, while the Metastremonic murder everything.

I think that the Nemesis were created by the Alliance/Federation. However the Federation also create the Parapsychic Army, which was then ordered to wipe out the Nemesis, but they failed.
Both of these organisations now operate along side each other to an extent, trying to find as many Psykers as possible.

So are the Nemesis apart of Orus or the Federation? What sets them apart?

I don't think so, but then you never see an Orus. I think this piece of lore might be a nod (more than anything else) to the influence of the 40k setting.

Is the Nemesis not the Metastremonic force?

Just a theory, but I believe it's a fallen human empire, from which Earth or at least the solar system used to be part of before falling to a very long and forgotten dark age.
If I'm right, the king of the dead on Mars is part of the Nemesis royalty, the artifact was made by them or at least belonged to them. (most likely the former considering the king can control it from his golden throne).
The king is humanoid, the ruins are on mars, they hold a mysterious psy-tech. It may be far fetched to conclude the ruins have Nemesis origin and that we are their descendant, but there's not much to theorize about, EYE is based on an older PnP role playing game from which it takes it lore, there's no guarantee Streum used all of it.

I'm not sure about it Zhaar the necrocybermancer may be an orus.

Can he? Is the artifact not an insubstantial mysterious thing, the thing that the character is looking for, and takes 3 playthroughs to acquire?

I can't remember a Zhaar. Is that not only a research object? 'Zhaar's eye'?

If I remember correctly, the undead king stated that he has absolutely no fucking clue what the hell everyone is looking for, just that they refer to it as "the artifact"

I was wrong, it was only the gate the king controlled.
Your part is false though, the king called it "The Unique", like the One Ring. He knew what it was, and that a first group of humans came here to take it. Then a different group came, with the same purpose, most likely your mentor and his Jian cohort.

Indeed, the object has a description, the associated research has 2 (pre-completion and post-completion)
I vaguely remember the pre-completion text being really weird. But I'd have to make another playthrough and get one of the rarest item in the game just to find that out.

Which is going to bomb hard since it's going to be shit and the market is already oversaturated with 40k trash to the point that even ultrasperg 40kiddos aren't interested in new titles.

Just looked through story_english.txt, he did indeed refer to it as the unique.

Also
This seems to come after the raid on HQ so it is possible that it might be in the optional Mars misson level

Yeah, I'm retarded, him saying "back to Mars" probably means the optional HQ level or possibly minos

More questions here;
eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=back_back&moreinfos=1

server when?

Space Hulk: Deathwing waiting room

Okay but what the fuck is that (wolf head?) marker that dissapears after a few seconds when you enter the HQ?

It's the shops' marker icons that have yet to be displayed on their respective position, so you see them all stacked on upon the other in a far corner of the map.

so it's an unused shop marker? I thought it was DEEPEST LORE

No, it's the gun shop, the psy-power shop and the cyber shop icon displayed from the same point, they stack and look weird but that's it.
If you want some deepest lore :
The doors that lead to the true ending in the first map, the secret manduco in New Eden and Rimanah when you have to kill him have cursive writings all over them. It's not nonsense or latin, it's actually the backstory of the Bearkiller revolver.

Holy Fuck
sauce?

Hope you can read french.

I can't

But I wanna believe it

Does someone want to play?

truly the strongest vidya weapon of all time

Please….

I thought there were various references to the artifact or the unique. I think one by the guilty Manducco and I recall one by a Jian in the *betrayal mission for the federals*, which led me to think the artifact wasn't a 'one ring' macguffin but something like the triforce.

It's in english?

The 3 gates are the key to the artefact.
Once you get them, they lead to the true ending.
The artefact is either a technique, or the component of a technique Rimanah used in conjunction with Necrocybermancy and fucked up his brain into the Errand syndrome.
It may have been something related to Wolf-Shinji. Pic related, the tale from the witch covenant from Dutch must die map. I dont' have the 3rd pic, apologies.

I don't remember, it's probably in french considering I haven't seen anyone else mention it.
You know where to find them, if you want to check, just stare at them from the scope of a sniper weapon. Even if you can't read french you should see the 444.

user, I don't think you understand
The artifact doesn't exist, nobody has ever seen it or knows what it even does. I looked through the undead king's statements again and it seems to suggest that he really doesn't know anything about the artifact, just what the Secreta intend.
"dial_no_king_1_q4" "King: Some time ago, people clothed like you went here with great purpose… to take the unique. And other humans came, different ones, but with the same goal."
The fact that he says "went here with great purpose" before saying "the unique" strongly suggests that he means unique in a vague sense rather than referring to a specific object. Additionally, if he knew exactly what they were looking for, then it wouldn't really make sense for him to keep quiet about it because his goal here is clearly to protect the tomb, which they would likely begin to disturb after failing to find it. The fact that Mentor not only didn't find it but even started to outright deny its existance is a very strong indication that, since Mentor's team of Culters spoke with the undead king, it really doesn't exist. The character would also object to Mentor's claims about it being a myth if the undead king's statements were intended to be interpreted that it does exist.

Which one of you fags is it?
I know you're ingame

Should I help the Chinese guys or the other weirdos?

Be a bit more specific, m8

shit mod game

40k will be shit too

frogs are faggots

How can you guys remember these names?

This sounds so stupid that it'd be fucking amazing.

Also which mission are you on?

I'm on the mission where one of the side missions is to hack and disable a beacon. This might be the 3rd mission in the story. I also haven't told my commander about what my mentor has said.

It was fun to look up what Jian Shang Di means.
Court is still out on if it means Sword Of Enlightment or Sword Of Highest Deity. And Culter Dei is either Cult Of God or horribly mangled Latin for Sword Of (the) God.

Words are fun. My bets are Jian Shang Di stands for "Shanking For God" and Culter Dei is actually Coulter Dei (Plough/Plough Blade Of God).

Referring to it vaguely doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And it seems to much of an important plot point to be just that, a plot point.
What about the witches, the 3 Gates you yourself manage to gather, why you cannot escape the cycles (normal necrocyber wouldn't do that I guess), why Rimanah sent his wife to the cave, what she found there (a gate ?), the strange runed pillars you only find in the beginning, the dream sequence and the ending ?
I'm sure the artefact is something, most likely related to the occult. It may be a technique rather than an item though.

Something that just went through my mind.
HOW THE FUCK DID THE MENTOR GET HIS FILTHY JIAN HANDS ON THE TRIANGULAR GATE ?!
It may have been something that was handed down from him by Akmal (the old master he ask you to find on his route), OR, he found it in the ruins in Mars and lied to your face about it not being there. The first team that went is in the coffins. The king doesn't care about them, they aren't his dead.

He has no reason not to tell you, you are disturbing him and so is everyone above him about to as the Feds and Secreta nuke each other in order to find a way inside first.
I find it more likely that you are affected by Hypnotic Gate, it is outright stated that it results in a never-ending sleep state from which they cannot awake. It would also explain the split personality and the fact that he murdered the entire base after talking to an invisible werewolf, the player is trapped within his own mind and the hypnotic gate resulted in severe mental issues like him talking to himself constantly. There is no reason to believe necrocybermancy was used at all, the term gets mentioned a lot but nothing really comes of it. On top of that, it doesn't really matter what she found because she had no way of conveying that information.There's all sorts of magical techniques and they all have very clear signs but the artifact doesn't leave any trail in the slightest, you're just supposed to take Rimmanah's word on it despite not only being him but knowing that both you and him are insane

Does anyone want to play?

Alright I finally decided to install this again because I can't handle the changes in Parasite Eve 2. Since I've only played one build before let me ask how viable some weeaboo bullshit pistol+sword is viable.

Its not

Ok I'll figure out something that's not retarded weeaboo shit then.

Katanas are pretty weeaboo

What do you think you are doing son? Are you slow?

Only if you cloak
Might as well not use the pistol and instead block at that disatnce though.

Assuming you're playing on Ghost for maximum brouzouf, melee in general is absolutely shit-tier compared to bk+sulf.

Would but I am going to have to wake up early

Go psi powers instead and cause people to explode by teleporting inside of them, gun-sword combo is pretty lame because you are much better off taking the sword alone instead. If you don't want to go for throwing cars and teleportation then take swords and go fast. Also you better damn make sure you are playing on Ghost difficulty with Invasion respawn rate.

I can get taking the Bear-killer for shit like masters and choppers but the sulfatum is the ultimate crutch for retards that can't git gud.

Also on the part about insanity
It is perfectly logical to conclude that you are under hypnotic gate throughout the entire duration from the fact that you end up acting very aggressively towards your best friend. I get that the part about acid is a meme now but the fact that it is an option suggests that you act even more psychotically towards him than you do to the people you kill, with most you just give a short sentence announcing that you will kill them while with him you say the nastiest shit imaginable. The end of each playthrough having you meet with people telling you that nobody has been in the office for ages and that they have seen the same dreams seems to suggest the possibility of the part from the third Synicle that talked about the hypnotic gate being used on a large scale

I feel like this will be a mistake since the last time I played it must have been years ago, but I'll try it just for you guys before I knock it.

The effect of hypnotic gate doesn't last forever tho, or maybe it's a bug idk.
I got to quit, so I won't be able to keep the topic going, sorry.

The large scale hypnosis thing, wasn't it outright mind control rather than the sleep paralysis of the current gate?

Meh, every pistol besides the BK are shit, every SMG is shit, every assault rifle besides the KA93 is shit, and the KA93 is just a shittier sulf. The BOSCO is okay, the hunting machine is just a bulkier BK, excid is fun but not useful solo, and the spic has the same problem as the excid.

I only play on Ghost/Invasion, so the viable pool of weapons is very small if I'm playing solo. If I'm playing with friends I'll use the fun, gimmicky weapons, but they just aren't rewarding enough to use solo.

Why would you tell me to play on that mode then? That sounds very not fun.

Because the other modes have reduced brouzouf which makes the game even more grindy. They're also really easy.

Tried looking up the brozouf differences and can find nothing about it. Do you really think Ghost is the only difficulty where brozouf levels are acceptable and why?

If you really want brozoufs what you want are custom missions.
sermons if you are a pussy otherwise go for sector 7.

Ghost is like +50% EXP/Brouzouf over Normal, and with non-shit weapons you can tear right through it.
Because as I said, the game is already grindy. This greatly lessens the grind.

Thanks for the pics. I wonder how it connects to the 'were-wolf vs serial killer' lore from the library terminal.

I couldn't believe that was the true ending, I ended up on a wild good chase across discussion boards trying to find 'the true ending', but If that's the true ending then I think all the endings are true. The dreamscape one gives the most closure so I'd say that is more or less the true ending.

I'd play but I had to uninstall it to get rid of steam.

Maybe they chose Shang as some sort of reference to the Shang dynasty.

Don't listen to him, he is simply garbage at the game. On higher difficulties you deal the exact same damage you usually would, you simply take more yourself, it also makes heavy armor less of a crutch for bad players. Pretty much every gun except the Betty Boom and the shotgun you buy from the store is good. The pistols are all pretty good although there isn't much of a reason to buy the other revolver, all of the SMGs are fun, all of the assault rifles are useful and you could argue Rotten Mound is more practical than KA93 due to abundance of ammo, BOSCO could be argued to be a little TOO useful and the heavy weapons are all overpowered meaning that you should only take them when defending Dutch, exterminating the Jians and the final mission.

Man, this game was love at first sight when I tried the demo. 78 hours of game time and I've never gotten the Arrancadora. I've started a number of new characters during that time though. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever unlocked the Excidium either.

The city skyscraper level after the bandit sewer, have you even played it.

Weapon balance doesn't matter in a singleplayer game, how fun they are to use matters. If you're a 2133745k33t faggot who always has to use the most effective things, you bring the bearkiller. If you want to play GitS, you go stealth plus motra. If you like bullethoses, you get that one assault rifle and / or the brick SMGs with the alt-fire that turns them into mini gau-8s, or the minigun. Every weapon except the grenade launcher is fun, because the grenade launcher is broken because ammo won't drop for it.

lol

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/plebbit/

You mean the SO? the ammo for it drops as often as normal weapons do fam
plus its really fun blowing metastroganoff mobs into chunky play-doh bits, also fuck those cunts in robes, they have laser-like accuracy making FAST runs a headache

You mean the SO? the ammo for it drops as often as normal weapons do fam
plus its really fun blowing metastroganoff mobs into chunky play-doh bits, also fuck those cunts in robes, they have laser-like accuracy making FAST runs a headache

fuck off shill

fuck off shill

What's bad about the Federation? Why is this war even happening, when 70% of humanity has been wiped out by the meta streumonic force, instead of the 30% standing together to try to survive they all turn on each other. Looters, Federation and the newest kid on the bloke, the Secreta Secretorum who out of no where decided now is the time to crush the Federation.

As far as I can tell, the massive war between the Secreta Secretorum are a conglomerate of corporations? Who are against a facist like government, which ironically makes the massive war between each other seem very real, with such a minute difference is the cause of the death of millions.

If I'm wrong, which I probably am. Just explain why the Secreta Secretorum is fighting against the Federation?

Who are the Secreta Secretorum? How were they made? Are they essentially giant corporations buying their own private army's (Not EYE, their regular troops which you never see)

This is a side not, are the filthy Jians human? Why do they they have 3 eye slots? Why does their heavy armour only have 2 eye slots?

Secreta is not fighting against the Federation at all until the very end of the game, until Mars precisely when the start organizing for coup d'etat. Through the game it is mostly just cops and rank and file soliders who don't know what the fuck are the maniacs clad in black armour with gold trimmings running around killing people supposed to be.

As a matter of fact nobody other then inner circle of Generals and PP Army intelligence knows E.Y.E. even exists. Other then those people most knowledgable can barely associate E.Y.E. monks with Secreta. And Secreta is old. Probably even older then Illuminati sort of old.

E.Y.E is the armed/militant wing of Secreta Secretorum, which itself is a joint project of private entities to have a slice of "pysker" pie for their businesses and keeping each other from conducting paranormal espionage, as well as cleaning up warp-shit whenever they "dig too deep and awaken an ancient evil".

Take Orus who trained first cyborg-pysker-commando-space-marines have a third eye, then add first generation of E.Y.E. troops were clones spliced with Orus DNA (some of the stuff in character creation are bits of alien dna), then add the fact third eye also being a thing in Eastern philosophies, the answer is who knows?.

As in the organization… ehm, association of totally legit businessmen that put together the Secreta, not Secreta itself.

The Secreta isn't fighting the Federation, the Secreta and the Federals have jurisdiction within the same system, like if the CIA were in competition with federal agencies. EYE operates under the Secreta (according to the archive terminal) to do black ops to destabilize the feds (no idea how SS avoids blame with this arrangement) because the feds have concentrated too much power and are becoming a threat to the Secreta. I think.

Not only do you not know what you're talking about but you also format like a goddamned redditor.
get out filthy Jian

At the point when 70% of humanity was wiped out, the Force stopped its attacks. This has given time for plotters to plot and wars to bloom.

I believe it's a group of its own, but supported by a consortium of corporations. It was most likely formed from a group of very influential people of all boards.

To win the war, after the first Force invasion was over, the Secreta attempted a coup but they fucked up. E.Y.E, both Culter and Jian were officially outlawed and disbanded by the feds.
But since they are though motherfuckers, they still exist and keep up their crusade against the Force while casually shooting feds when they meet, or not shooting them if they are nice. Being assaulted by demons and having psychic space marines at arms length can make them nice.

They are humans, the 3 eye thing are Splinter Cell style googles.

see more at:

I wouldn't be so sure about that, you can find E.Y.E recruitment posters in New Eden, they look like UK flags. Plus EYE is hiring and send his beginners to loot the feds so the organization can finance and equip itself. I believe EYE got much bigger and renowned after that huge war against the Force and the coup that ensued.

Sure, and Overwatch was a great game that had absolutely nothing wrong with it.
>>>/gulag/

Federation is tightening their grip on the rest of humanity. A large portion of the deaths of those people were also from the federation nuking its own people to kill off those affected by the meta streumonic force.

youve had too many fatal wounds if this triggers you.

The Federals don't even seem to bad, I actually prefer them over EYE really. Mainly because I don't see why the Secreta Secretorum wants to overthrow them.

As far as I can tell the Federation aren't really evil or bad, in fact back when the entire federation were nuked by insane radicalised cultists it was the Federals who saved millions of people.

Summed up, The Federals don't seem like the bad guys, there wasn't a real reason for this massive war to break out.
Which is half the reason why I much prefer the Federals over EYE and the Secreta Secretorum.

I've seen it dozens of times, but this is the first time I noticed the female Jian. I suppose there would be female members of EYE, though obviously SteumON never made them past the concept stage.

As much as women wearing tacticool skintight outfits and carrying automatic weaponry does it for me, I think it turned out better without women in the final product, just because it makes EYE look like some kind of bizarre religious cult using esoteric imagery to disguise their intentions, instead of a sort of disgraced organization/army.