When was Hannakuh Invented?

10 or so years ago I read somewhere online that Hannakuh is relatively new. I tried finding that information back, and ALL information about the age of the Hannakuh holiday has been scrubbed. Even from the google book engram viewer.

So? How old is Hannakuh? I suspect it was invented in 1920, because that's when the word Dreidel first appears. Anbody know?

Obvoiusly (((someone))) doesn't want this Informatica out. Should we meme Hannakuh as a

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/ngrams
web.archive.org/web/20071006034939/http://joi.org/bloglinks/JTA NEWS Chanuka Chabad.htm
pinterest.com/pin/459648705698809560/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
wbur.org/hereandnow/2017/12/12/kathy-gunst-latkes-hanukkah
archive.is/6mNE0
archive.is/OhisF
archive.is/k1fc3
archive.is/a8yiD
archive.is/qCecj
archive.is/Tv1rn
archive.is/pxNIw
archive.is/JiPZv
archive.is/pTIbd
archive.is/EatNt
archive.is/I7wlo
archive.is/oDX3j
archive.is/ZyyQt
archive.is/pJOsl
archive.is/7eRQ7
archive.is/jKsrA
archive.is/VmgFK
archive.is/jw87F
renseradioarchives.com/archives/dduke/121614.mp3
youtu.be/jJSpujHhaGQ?t=532
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dreidel proofs

source for charts:

books.google.com/ngrams

i'm an idiot because i didn't capitalize the holidays. But Hannakuh is still censored.

maybe you should try spelling Hanukkah correctly you fucking kike

yeah this isnt news, hannukkah is a #metoo holiday

how old is it though? according to that chart, 1880? started being celebrated in 1940? I've been searching for a factual article all morning.

This. Also look for Chanukkah.

Interesting thread. I had no idea that National Happy Merchant Augmented Week was another WW2 prize to the (((victors))). At least it appears that way. Moar digging needed.

stop asking for other people's efforts

It's Hanukkah, you fucking retard.

I was listening to NPR last week, they had on a jewish cook that was meant to talk about hannakuh food. When she started she went into how there isn't much confirming the origins of the holiday and that the events are probably made up, and the interviewer just said "Stop it" and the lady went on to the food. It was pretty funny.

I have never heard of this before. Is it pagan kwanza?

Bump for interest

1974 origin? Can it really be that new?
web.archive.org/web/20071006034939/http://joi.org/bloglinks/JTA NEWS Chanuka Chabad.htm

Various spellings: Hanukkah, hanukah, chanukkah, chanukah.

HURR DURR MUH 1920 HANNAKUH
pinterest.com/pin/459648705698809560/

Shit, submitted too soon. Here's two Raches to make up for it. Anyway, my last post was of Russian Jewish soldiers celebrating Hanukkah during their military service.

You may have noticed that I spell Hanukkah with a single N and two K's. This is because Hannukah is not a word. That would be why you're not getting any results, OP.

Take your fake news elsewhere. Sage for shit thread.

I jew I know literally told me that rabbis invented Hanukkah to compete with Christmas, and that it's literally a made up holiday.

DROWN YOURSELF IN SEMEN

Hannakah was invented by Rabbis who were kvetching over the fact that little Jewish boys were running around and having fun with their goyim friends on Christmas. So they invented something in the same month to celebrate. They celebrate that one time they massacred all the Greeks (and too Greek-like Jews) in Jerusalem. They celebrate that when the Greeks came to reclaim the city they were not genocided in retribution to every last man woman and child, as the Greeks should have done. As someone with Greek ancestry, I take it as an excuse to fuel my righteous indignation. It's an interesting angle to take in order to deflect charges of antisemitism and really fucks with their heads.

Why don't you ask Antiochus IV?

At least try, Shloberg

You're retarded.

Sage for shit thread.

You've never heard of Yule time balls? Yule is practically used in synchronicity with Christmas.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
Has nothing to do with fag wicca

Put in more effort next time, Hans.

if enough Anons report it at the same time, maybe the faggot rash poster could

be banned

I thought (((you guys))) were supposed to be super smart.

WHAT ARE YOU SLIDING HANS

Seems like it’s an 1800s invention by the kikes, earliest book about it is from 1863

Trying this hard to derail the thread, gas yourself kike

My dick into your ass, pretty boy :^)

It's more proof that OP was right about CCCCHHHANUKA being a modern invention because kikes were jealous that other people were having fun and getting gifts. If it wasn't for this thread I would have never researched that, thanks OP and assblasted kike spammer.

Judaism is a post-Christian religion. They claim their religion is old as time, but that just simply isn't true. There was no Judaism 2000 years ago. Jesus didn't practice or study Judaism. "Ancient Hebrew" is not Judaism, even the Hebrew language spoken by todays Jews is not ancient, but a modern invention.

THIS

The word Hebrew means nomads. They never existed as a rich powerful kingdom.

Do you know the name of the program? A lot of NPR stuff is online and I'd be interested in hearing that exchange.

Delivered?
wbur.org/hereandnow/2017/12/12/kathy-gunst-latkes-hanukkah

The modern version is about a century old. the original version celebrates jewish racial purity and the slaughter of Jews and gentiles for doing the unthinkable. They race mixed! GASP!

Of course I don't know if anyone will see this since I'm damn sure shadow bans have been added to redditchan AKA Holla Forums.

Judaism cult of satan, not "of Jerusalem" is less than 1000 years old. The "Jews" you hear about in history ARE NOT "religious" Jews, they're "of Jerusalem" Jews.

Fuck off back to Leddit. We don't have shadowbans here, it's just that nobody cares about your dumb, uninformed opinions.

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR LIES HANS

Original Hebrew only had consonants. modern hebrew ( a constructed language) has vowels added to it and complex European inspired grammar.

Bump

Talmudic Judaism is younger than Christianity and not REAL judaism.

I'm not seeing why the invention of the dreidel is crucial to hanukkah. If you really want some evidence, you would want something like the invention of a menorah. But even then it could be said that the menorah is a symbolic object invented after the hanukkah event.

THIS
Judaism was started by a rabbi that escaped the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans and later begged them to allow him to reteach the lessons of Moses. There was no ancient jew shit, it was a regional power structure that held views on rituals and the supernatural as well as history, it wasn't some racist cult like it is now.

Judaism came after Canaanites became Christians but not long after. Dyke posting and not knowing history doesn't make us mad but it makes you look dumb.

DAILY REMINDER: Rachposter had to stop using his trip because everyone filtered it and his avatar'd rantings and attempts at insult fall upon the void of silence.

Here is how you handle rach poster:
1. Never respond to the argument made, for it is like arguing with a wall (or a Jew) and nothing said will ever, EVER, be used for anything but attacking you.
2. Always respond with insult. That's basically what rach-poster does, so give them their own medicine (but be sure you don't violate 1 - that's what he wants you to do).
3. Always filter after you insult. Nothing rach says has any value, so you won't miss anything. He deserves nothing but full dismissal and disdain, so that's exactly what he ought be given. If you sit and argue with the librul speak, it will just perpetuate more librul speak posts/threads. Go to Goybook or Reddit if you want to argue with librul speak - we have no use for such.
4. Anyone who does not follow these simple guidelines ought be filtered as well - they may be new, or dim, or (as likely) proxy plants by rach and his team of librul goons trying to make it appear other Holla Forumsacks are engaging - do not move with the herd in your response.

If/when rach is met with nothing but dismissal, disdain and silence to his warblings, he will cease such warblings - because they achieve nothing and do not provide the burst of psychological satisfaction which this lowly creature clearly craves.

Thread:
archive.is/6mNE0
archive.is/OhisF
archive.is/k1fc3
archive.is/a8yiD
archive.is/qCecj
archive.is/Tv1rn
archive.is/pxNIw
archive.is/JiPZv
archive.is/pTIbd
archive.is/EatNt
Log:
archive.is/I7wlo
archive.is/oDX3j
archive.is/ZyyQt
archive.is/pJOsl
archive.is/7eRQ7
archive.is/jKsrA

We're coming for you on the Day of the Hope, stormderp.

check the adams apple and compare to anderson cooper - this could be the missing brother. i submit maddows a man, man.

Im glad the autists are on our side.

So when did Hanukah start though? Seems like it didn't really get started till decades after WWII

Any sauce for that info? Would love to know more about real yid history

Hanukkah is actually a really minor holiday in Judaism. People only started making a big deal about it once Christmas started getting commercialized and they needed something to target Jews for marketing also.

would love to know more about real yid history
You don't read like you come here often.

Just filter immediately upon seeing the avatarfagging. Don't even read the post and risk being tempted to reply.

Reminder that Hanukka is a call for ultra-nationalist guerrilla warfare purging of invaders. Why should it just apply to the Jews?

That's really a half truth. The books 1 and 2 Maccabees were written prior to the founding of the Christian Church, and the Gospel of John even mentions the festival. Hanukkah as a competitor to Christmas is a later invention, like Kwaanza, but its existence as a Jewish holiday is not.

the dreidel is not jewish it's an ancient gambling game seen in many cultures.

How can it predate Christianity if Judaism was invented after Christianity?

THIS
Report. Filter. Ignore. Do not engage.

Yes, the menorah was what kikes used as their symbol before the Führer started marking them with the six-pointed star. iirc

Their book tells them that their religion has been around for six thousand years. Thats all the proof needed.

All I know about honkakuh is what I saw in that rugrats episode some time in the 90's.

Except the fact you're spelling like a retard OP, you're asking a good question.
So I tried something out.
They claim that Sabbath is as old Bible, and kikes werent the less prolific writers in the middle ages, or such is the cliché they want to project.

Yahwehism is the foundation of Christianity, Judaism/Talmudism is the spin-off.

And yet the kike media makes fun of Christians for believing the same thing. The kikes know they are the source of that idea and yet they still have the nerve to criticize christians for it.

Happy Yule anons

The Hanukkah story, i.e. the reclaiming of the temple, from the Books of Maccabees (which jews regard as non-canon) is said to have taken place around 165 BC, but the first records of it being celebrated were reported in the Talmud 500 years later. This is from Judiasm101 and Jewfaq's websites, so take it with a grain of salt, since they are written by rabbis specifically for goyim to consume. However, it is telling that even they admit Hanukkah was not celebrated until well after Christianity was spread, that is is not an important Holiday, and it is basically replacement Christmas so Jews don't feel left out.

A better question may be when did it become widespread for jews start celebrating it tocompete with Christmas. I'll bet is is around the early 1800 when Christmas started to emerge as the holiday we know it as today. That is, as a celebration peppered with European pagan mythology along with lore made up by Victorian era authors. Jews also began to fully infiltrate and dominate the financial and political establishments in Europe during this time.

Best Hanukkah song tbh. Don't know why I can't find a good version on jewtube.

So will the masters of the Jews and world the Redsheild's get their way this year?

I don't like how their stealing the Phoenix an Aryan symbol, and my personal spirit animal tbh.

archive.is/VmgFK

Shamash is the name of the Babylonian sun gawd. Pure cohencidence.

Merry Hannufraud kikes.

Hitler did nothing wrong, but many mistakes were made.

I didn't even use the word Judaism because I knew some wise guy would make such a comment. Judaism is not a single religion, but is a term used to describe the religious practices of the Jewish people. So questions of whether modern Orthodox Judaism is an "authentic" continuation of the religion of the NT Pharsees is irrelevant. The question was about the origins of Hannukah.

Not even kikes can make up their minds what the fuck Judaism is, which is just about the most jewish thing imaginable.

It's old, but it was always a minor holiday for the likes. They elevated it recently to compete with Christmas. Just like they invented kwanzaa in an attempt to get the niggers to quit celebrating Christmas

Kwanzaa wasn't just to get nigs to stop celebrating Christmas. It was also so that they could outnumber Christmas with other non-holidays. With both Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, kikes could say, 'Oy vey, it's racist of you to say Merry Christmas. What about Hanukkah and Kwanaza, goy?'. And then they keep on kvetching and chimping out respectively until we started saying 'Happy Holidays' instead.

(Heil'd)

Top fucking kek, they can trace their history back to a fictional character who lived to a 175 around 2000 BC, truly the jews are wondrously endowed by G-d with keen intellect and genealogical skill.

return those digits kike.

"jews" are traceable to CAIN by way of Jacob's brother Esau/Edom who mated with Caananite and Hittite wives to spawn the synaguge of satan bloodline known as EDOMITES (NOT semites - gentiles are semites, the 12 actual tribes of Jacob which "jews" are NOT)

into the oven with you, never mind the hissing sound.

God damn you Christcucks are worse than schizoposters.

You put your faith in desert fairy tales written by schizophrenic psychopathic inbred desert dwellers that got so baked in the desert that they started talking to and taking orders from burning flora? The only thing we can confirm with actual scientific genetic proof is what this "Jesus" character says and warns about "those who say they are Jews but are now, they are the synagogue of Satan" and that's because the genetic study of Ashkenazi Jews show they have virtually zero maternal middle eastern/semitic blood.

No, they cannot. At least if they're Ashkenazi aka Satan's Synagogue kikes and even then I doubt any of the low IQ kikes who have no white blood holding them up can unless you believe Methuselah lived for long as he did.

It sometimes helps not being retarded.

The story goes back to a real historical revolt and massacre of non jews. But the modern celebration started the same time Christmas became real big and commericial and kike kids started getting butthurt about no presents, so 1920s ish.

try chanukah as well

That story is in the Books of the Maccabees and is NOT including in the modern jew holy books based on the newer masoretic texts, which is why protties don't know about this history, Martin Luther trusted the jews more than the Church and redid OT translations based on the masoretic texts, which, although based on the books only in hebrew, contained a lot of changes to deny Jesus' divinity (such as "virgin" being "young girl" in Isaiah).
That is also why many of the books in Catholic or Orthodox Bibles are expanded from the prottie versions, such as 3 Kings (protty 1 Kings) which has longer chapters. The Catholic and Orthodox Bibles are based on or used to be, before Vatican II the Septuagint (in the Roman version, the translation of the Septuagint into the Latin Vulgate), which is actually older than the modified masoretic texts and was the Scripture that Jesus and the Apostles used and quoted from.

tl;dr
The jews retconned a holiday that they cared so little about that they discarded the books that wrote about the events concerned

Pic related. They really started pushing this shit around WWII.

Nobody's traceable to Cain, you moron, everyone but Noah's fam was wiped out in the flood.

archive.is/jw87F

Allow me to copypasta you a meal.

Christmas as it is celebrated in the west is the pagan holiday of "Yule" which Christians "adopted", to put it lightly, when it spread through Europe.
Nothing in Christmas is related to jesus or semitism.
Red and white is blood on the snow, because pagans used to hang up animal sacrifices to trees.
Pine tree is an evergreen, evergreens stay green even in the darkest, longest and coldest winter. Putting one up is a symbol of life persevering.
Lights on the tree is a symbol for the rays of sun, twinkling through the gaps in the pine needles on the next morning after the longest night of the year (solstice).
Christmas ornaments (the round balls) are either symbols for animal sacrifice again, if they are red baubles, or the sun, if they are golden. Green for life, again.
A star on top of the tree (although christianity substituted that with an angel) symbolizes the duty of humans to strive toward enlightenment.
(In pagan folklore, the first humans were trees in which Odin breathed life, therefore the "christmas" tree also represents us humans.)
Mistletoe was used by Loki to kill Baldur, Freyas son. Baldur was said to be immortal because "every poisonous plant, every animal, every weapon in the world swore to never harm Baldur.
The mistletoe was the only plant to not swear to never harm Baldur. Loki tricked Hodr, Baldurs blind brother to stab him with a spear tipped with mistletoe (mistletoe is poisonous).
This killed the otherwise invulnerable god and Freya swore that mistoletoe shall never be used as a weapon again, dispensing kisses to whoever near it, instead.
The yule log (which some Christians still use) in the fireplace is an offering to the sun, the heat, the fire was said to strengthen the sun as it was the weakest on solstice (the longest night of the year).
By giving the sun strength, it would rise again in the morning, reborn again, dispelling the night and growing stronger throughout the year henceforth (until the next winter).

Living in the cold north of Europe, the sun was very important, and yule was a celebration for it.

Christianity came later, via Greece and spread over the lands. However, since paganism was around for thousands of years before that, they had trouble converting everyone, no matter how many people the Christians killed, no matter how many they tortured, no matter how many pagan temples they desecrated and built churches upon.
So, they had to adopt Pagan aspects for people to accept it.

Even "Santa Claus" is pagan. Eight reindeer? That's no coincidence. Odins horse, sleipnir has eight legs.
Santa is Odin disguised as a shaman. He goes into the chimneys to leave toys shaped like animals, usually reindeer, to appease the spirits of the animals which the humans hunted and killed through the year, and reminded people to keep a respectful relationship with the animals.
Never to kill them needlessly and only ever taking natural resources, like their bones, their hide, their flesh. Never to trap their spirits or corrupt them.

And so forth. Western Christmas is Yule, Yule is a sun celebration, nothing of it, except putting a manger in some nativity scene, has anything to do with christianity or jesus. At all.

It is "real Judaism", because it's the cult that word was coined to describe. The people of ancient Israel, even Christ's contemporaries, would not have called their beliefs "Judaism".

gee, i wonder what this has to do with Christ
This is true, but Santa Claus isn't a very old part of the Christmas celebration. Jews attempted to decenter Christ, Santa Claus was the easiest figure to use (he had a obvious but tenuous connection to Christianity via St. Nicholas, but like you said he has more in common with Odin). The funny part is, this backfires because Odin is the name used by Northern Europeans for the personified Logos, which makes Odin (and therefore also Santa) Christ.

pretty good loss comic tbh

Nigger St. Nick is from the 4th century. My family celebrates Dec 5th/6th every year.

Haha, if that helps you to sleep at night.

Judaized America: you cannot put up Christian Christmas symbols in public places - But Jews can put up Hanukkah symbols and have Jewish religious rites of Hanukkah, which is a celebration of Jewish racism and mass murder of Gentiles as well as murder of Jews who dare to assimilate with Gentiles.

renseradioarchives.com/archives/dduke/121614.mp3

That episode is a goldmine for screencaps.

The delusional mind of a Christian nationalist everyone, on display here

I really dont even know how to argue against something so blatantly stupid and false, this is like trying to form an argument against Afrocentrics that think muh Jews were niggers. Theres really nothing you can say once a certain line of stupidity has been crossed with such recklessness.

Makes you think doesn't it. At one point to we learn Jews have no claim over anything on earth or in the heavens.

Punched a heretic. Saved ships. Was good to kids and orphans. Celebrated every year in December since before the German lands were ever evangelized (although Ireland and England were reached in the 1st century). Saint Nicholas was a real man and a Saint. We did a home 1st Vespers and Matins in his honor yesterday and this morning, according to the Julian Calendar, which is the one he was on

The only difference from Talmudic Judaism from Traditional Judaism is that the rabbis have defined a canon of their pre-existing practices through the Talmud. All of the practices, customs and beliefs of Talmudic Judaism were already present in Traditional Judaism. Rumours about jews sacrificing children and such exist for more than 4000 years, and has supposedly been banned which we know is not true around 800BC with the widespread adoption of the Torah as a defined canonical literature.

Both the Torah and the Tanakh, two fundamental parts of Talmudic Judaism were already completely hegemonic by the time Jesus was born, and he most definitely followed those texts religiously.
Most interpretations which refer to how the renewal of the covenant means that the old practices of the Torah are not binding, although legitimate, derive from the patristic philosophers who defined the biblical canon.

I'll check this shit if no one else will.

This thread went from shit-tier to awesome.

Enjoy some hanukkah merchandise.

"Things jews buy"

More

new meme?

kys

Good thread! Brings back the memories. Thanks to those who made quality posts. I actually learned something today. I'm reaching levels of jew hate that shouldn't even be possible.

Gotta politically correct your hanukkah…

…and transgender elf-on-a-shelf…

holy shit the noses line up perfectly

It's the commemoration of the Maccabees' revolt against the Syrians. No clue how old the modern version of the holiday itself is, but there's art depicting Hanukkah celebrations dating back to the Cervera Bible (c. 1300).

The books of 1 and 2 Maccabees tell the story.

"NO READING REQUIRED"

The back side of the the toy that bitches at you.

Last picture is pure WTF.

The "T" in Tanakh stands for Torah. Torah is the first five books of the Tanakh, what goyim call the "Old Testament".

It's a spectrum, and I think we're all on it tbh. how else would we put up with each other's rants and spot outsiders like a fucking bloodhound so easily?

This shouldn't be a shock. The cross of Christianity wasn't a uniquely Christian symbol either. Abrahamic religions were only the most recent ones.

Nigger, I'm saying exactly the opposite. The Israelites were not the only culture to have a relationship with God prior to the coming of Christ. At the very least any honest scholar has to admit Greek philosophers had a concept of God that was just as much in line with that used by the Christians.

Perhaps you are an oven?

holy fuck are Holla Forums users really this dumb

filtered, you insufferable pathetic cuckold… i bet you have a wifes son.

Jesus sucks anyways

original Jews were niggers

Bump for reference.

I've thought of a possibility to consider;

The jews may have written about Hanukkah in YIDDISH and HEBREW documents/books.
You are searching ENGLISH. The Jews didn't really use English until the 1600's

Is there a way to search in YIDDISH or HEBREW?

My 2hu autism has opened my eyes.

This.
The funniest past is that Gnostism was big back then and whatever the Galilean (galil goyim inhabitant) said was taken to be the closest to what syncretizers of Greek and Egyptian paganism thought how the world functioned; that there was a "bad god" who ruled the material universe and only ideas memes were real and in and from the sphere of the higher, "good god".

You mean transvestite. And actually it's just a dress for the elf.

That's fucking great.

Yet they all still only show up in the mid to late 1800s

You are all worshiping the sun

youtu.be/jJSpujHhaGQ?t=532

Spelling error. Common issue, no big deal.

I get the feeling that Judaism as we know it is probably a medieval invention or something based off an older faith which is based off an even older faith.

Learn about the Talmud.

Also some decent gifs

judaism was started in like the 1800s. these fucking kikes want you to believe their religion goes back thousands of years, but the truth is JESUS was an israelite hebrew (the religion of abraham) and he rejected the filthy fucking jews as heathens.

they have no connection to biblical hebrew and have no connection to israel. it clearly states in the bible CHRISTIANS are the true heirs of israel. nuke the satanic kikes

Revelation 3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Christian Identity is heresy.
It's basically the White equivalent of Hebrew Israelites. (You aren't the real Jews–No, WE are the real Jews!)
However, you lot are allies.
Religious D&C by Atheist Kikes must be ignored.

Ever since Nature published maternal kike ancestral DNA proving they aren't real Jews I'm just waiting for the wrath of God on the khazar scum.

But muh Christcuck uhhh abrahamic religion muh varg