Future Releases

What games are you looking forward to? Whether it be this year, next year, or "Never Ever" localized, that doesn't matter.

Thinking it over and looking at what's coming, I have a good feeling the next year will bring a bunch of games worth playing.

Wild Gun Reload (4 player Rail Shooter/TPS)
Kangokutou Mary Skelter (ecchi/horror themed Dungeon Crawler/RPG)
Super Robot Wars V - English Asia release (Tactical RPG mecha crossover game with an emphasis on good looking attack animations)
Battle Gargga remake (Shoot Em Up with on the fly difficulty scaling. Think God Hand or Gundemonium)
Gundam Versus (essentially 2v2 Virtua ON with more characters and depth)
Blazblue Central Fiction (2D Fighter. "Supposedly" won't have an EXTEND version and this will be the only version. Also appreciated for actually putting effort into a story mode unlike nearly every fighter)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Action RPG)
Demon Gaze II (Dungeon Crawler/RPG. More on the casual side than other Dungeon RPG series sold these days. Hopefully the sequel will correct the problems of the first)
Dungeon Travelers 2-2 (ecchi Dungeon Crawler based off an eroge. Came for lewd, stayed for the quality game under the lewd)
Nekopara Vol 3 (BIG FAT CAT TATS eroge. Genetically engineered catgirls for domestic ownership.)

It's also good that VNs are gathering momentum in the west so we might see more getting translated as time goes on.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1IdzU90psGas_3UFe23BLvsGQ8fclec49NmnbHfwkZ8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

The Sweet Release of Death

Wondering if anything ever came of Play-Asia wanting to get in contact with D3 about Omega Labyrinth, since if that doesn't happen that game will likely forever remain a never ever out here. But if it does, it might be worth an import (I can't see it getting a native western release, aside from pqube, but an English-Asian release would be a possibility).

Akifumi Keneko apparently wants to do something for Wild Arms 20th anniversary. I'd like to hope it's a new game, but that likely depends entirely on whether Sony wants to let them, as Media.Vision doesn't own the series despite having always been the developer (with Contrail coming in to assist a few times). Also, if something should come of it, by the time it gets done, the anniversary will likely be over, though on the other hand, that would hopefully mean no rushing to meet the X0/5th anniversary, the way Tales has often done.

Some ex-Nautilus team members are apparently working on something as well, and given I've liked their past work, it's got my interest. They can't reveal anything as of yet though, but I'll give them credit for having declined to use kikestarter to fund the project, with them stating that they don't think their prior fans would want them going that route.

Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0/Kiwami/6 are all I want to buy a PS4 for, even though I still haven't played Y5. There's also EDF5, hope that they make another Wolfenstein, the new Nep game since it seems to have effort put into it, and RE7.

Not a low number of games but I personally wonder why some games take forever to come out.

That's some of the worst taste I've ever seen.

more like domestic worship

BANNERLORD

I'd like SRW more if it allowed me more freedom in choosing battles and units, ala GGeneration.

I've been waiting for Gravity Rush 2 for almost 5 years now. It better not suck.

Mary Skelter released. Interested in super robot because of yamato but I know I will get bored and don't finish it also don't want to make an asian account and don't jap. Gundam Versus is cool but Bamco will go full jewing so I will wait or price drop unless there is a soundtrack edition. Will pirate pokemon moon. Nioh demo was fun but they did dump it down so will wait for price drop. Will get the witch and hundred knight if the witch playable also god wars demo was interesting. Fuck tatki for making boring spinoff water gun trash. I wish there i edgy games like berserk manga or Ateya no Tsubaki. Gore/ecchi/rape is the best combination so fuck all rating boards and companies behind console gaming and fuck steam.

Forgot about Berseria. Destiny DC and Rebirth for Vita and in english when?

I think it will be shit, it I'm hoping it wont be. I would like another fun Senran game. Also more gory games would be great. The new God of War turned into The last of Us and toned down the gore. What a waste.

Gravity Rush 2, Dragon Quest XI, Nioh, NieR: Automatta, etc.

I'd say Ys VIII but I already imported that one and played it. It's pretty fucking great.

Deathwing, because EYE. That's all I've seen that I'm willing to put money down for. I'm looking forward to Breasts of the Wild and the new Pokemon game, but not enough to actually shell out cash for them. Most everything else isn't worth the time of day to even pay attention to, let alone play.

Also

I doubt it'll suck, Project Siren hasn't really disappointed yet.

It's not a spinoff anymore, the dude basically said that he'll find a way for them to connect the stories into one main "world" and that we probably won't get more "serious" games like Senran Kagura 2, which is sad since it at least showed some effort compared to Estival Versus. Also hard to believe that's how the series will celebrate its 5th anniversary.

While I hope Berseria is good, at the moment its western release next year isn't that big a concern, considering I don't even have a OS4 to play it with (also annoyed that the west is getting fucked out of the PS3 release of it in favor of it being a western PS4 "exclusive").

Rebirth and Destiny 2 had native PSP ports, but I'm not certain as to whether or not they have digital releases on the JP PSN that could be put on the Vita through backwards compatibility (JP PSN doesn't even have Destiny PS1, Phantasia PS1, or Eternia, though in the cases of the former two those have better versions elsewhere now). Also, even if those and Destiny DC were playable on the Vita, I highly doubt Namco would be willing to clear them to come over, between their general dislike of bringing the handheld titles over (they only brought Hearts R over because Sony had a poll, and even then didn't give enough of a shit to keep 8-4 on as tight a leash as before) and the way they use "too old now" as an excuse for why to not bring stuff like Vesperia PS3 over. Plus, all three games are 2D entries, something they've been loathe to bring west (EU PSP port of Eternia and money hungry mobile port of Phantasia aside) since the end of fifth gen.

At least Absolute Zero's back to focusing on translating Destiny DC.

I'm annoyed that they pushed it but at least it's coming. Ace Combat 7, on the other hand…

zelda: nature documentary
the new vanillaware game with mechs
extended nihilism

The only game I'm really looking forward to is Gravity Rush 2. I'm really just in it for Kat.

I don't have high expectations for Horizon: Zero Dawn, but I like that techno-organic aesthetic it's got going on, so I'll probably get that once it hits the bargain bin. Ni No Kuni II has got my attention, if only because it's comfy as fuck looking. Gameplay wise, I'm hoping the Beserk game is alright. And, of course, Shantae.

I'm also keeping an eye on Tales of Berseria. I've only ever played Tales of the Abyss before, and the gameplay seemed like something I could get into - but Luke was absolutely intolerable as a main character. I get it that he had to start the game off as unlikable so that they had somewhere to go when developing his character… but they took entirely too goddamned long and I just couldn't deal with him any longer. Ruined the fucking game.

Yakuza 0
Yakuza 5

meant 6

Corpse Party 3DS
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension
Exile’s End
Neo Atlas 1469 (importing)
Root Letter
Xanadu Next
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Wild Guns: Reload
SEGA 3D Archives 3: Final (importing)
Puyo Puyo Chronicles (importing)

Ys 8 (Already imported, will buy again if xseed does it)
Tokyo Xanadu
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Earth Defense Force 5
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 6
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 Plus: Summer Memorie/Disaster Report 4
City Shrouded in Shadow
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
Dragon Quest XI (Importing it, don't trust SE after how they handled the localizations for the past decade.**
Serious Sam 4
Shenmue III
La-Mulana 2

Samurai Shodown VII
Metal Slug 8
The King of Fighters XIV PC version
Sega getting off their asses and porting more games to the PC

There is probably more but that's all I can think of for stuff I'm interested in.

I want to get it, but I'm not gonna bother if there is no physical disk release.

Right now for me it's

Let's get this shit started:
kjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjkmkmkmkmkmk//////////';//////////';Single player is only good for testing combos, hit confirms, and blockstrings. Actually playing single player for any extended amount of time will only lead to you developing bad habits when you play actual competitive.

Wrong thread?

Meant to respond to OP's inane
>Blazblue Central Fiction (2D Fighter. "Supposedly" won't have an EXTEND version and this will be the only version. Also appreciated for actually putting effort into a story mode unlike nearly every fighter)
But also got a grain of rice stuck in between some keys without realizing it.

You know you can enjoy singleplayer content and the multiplayer in a fighting game right? Nothing is stopping you from doing both and there is nothing wrong with appreciating extra content. Like I still go back to playing Virtua Fighter 4 and 5 because Quest Mode is ridiculously fun, or I probably put more hours into Darkstalker PSP's Tower mode than actual hours in fightcade.

If devs want to add optional single player modes and add more content to a release, let em. If people want to play that content, let em have their fun. All it does is add value to the package and lets more people have more fun with the games.

-Endless Space 2
-Serious Sam 4
-Deathwing
-EDF 5
-Bannerlord
-Xanadu Next
-Baldr Sky
-Nier Automata
-Tekken 7
-Kingdom Come Deliverance
-UT4
-Wolcen
-Xenoverse 2
-Planet Coaster
-Dreadnought
-Danganronpa v3
-Subnautica
-Spellforce 3 I think its going to be shit
-Berseria
-Berserk I fucking hate musous but Ill probably get it anyway
-Sonic Mania
-Cuphead
-Outcast
-Pathologic Remake
-System Shock Remake
-Hopefully some Sega PC ports
-KoFXIV PC port
-Revelator PC port
-Cave PC ports
-That Illusion VR game and hopefully more of them
-Most of embed related
This year was alright, I feel like its getting better

tides of numenara
resident evil 7
horizon zero dawn
red dead redemption 2

I'm excited as fuck for DT2-2 too. I might actually preorder the collector's/limited edition if it has enough stuff in it. The other new DRPGs look fun as fuck too

You say that like I should give a fuck.

You should stop wasting money on obvious trash

Much as I enjoy Tales of the Abyss, It is not a very good spot to start the series with, namely since it can leave the wrong impression either way. Eternia, Symphonia, and Vesperia have felt like better entry points to me.

Really looking forward to the new EDF. 4.1 and 2025 were way too much fun. My most played game this year next to Project M. I really need to get back into Yakuza as well. I still have yet to finish 4.

Play asia has a collector's edition. However I never actually bothered to see if it had a physical disk. Will most likely ignore if it doesn't.

I was just stating why some like BB over GG, though I have yet to play BB's single player. I think it's good for fighters to have single player content. Especially survival modes, score attacks, or missions like in Guilty Gear XX Reload. I don't need any of that or a backstory to enjoy characters in a fighter. Their moveset, battle cries, and victory/losing dialogue is all I need to really like a character.

Excellent taste, my friend. You're not getting Steins;Gate 0?

It will be fine for now. Not sure about FFXIV and pretty much lost all expectation about it.

ai war fleet command 2. im seriously considering donating to a kickstarter for it.
right now im reading a design document for it.
docs.google.com/document/d/1IdzU90psGas_3UFe23BLvsGQ8fclec49NmnbHfwkZ8w
some of the changes i dont really agree with such as smaller gravity wells.i recall defense set ups that relied on huge distances to isolate factories and super long range turrets as well as giving some breathing room to rebuild mid battle but in the majority of cases there are settings you can play with to make it more to your liking, which is a huge part of the first game.

Wish I was new again

JSR3 or at least a JSRF PC port.
neither will ever happen

Why do you think SEGA is taking so long to release those PC ports?
They're trying to make a port without the Source Code.
just kidding, its never happening

DQB been keeping me awake late last couple days, it's pretty fun

Yeah, unfortunately Luke is unlikeable for a significant part of the game. Killed a replay for me, but I enjoyed it the first time through.

I want to believe

I was interested in DQB but is it worth $60? I haven't played an RPG in a while and I've never played a DQ game before.

I think that's it.

I just watched a few youtube videos highlighting the game's 'humor.' It's fucking atrocious. It just came in the mail today. I'm sad as fuck.

Copy-pasting from my list (pardon the Yuropoor release dates). End January/beginning February is gonna be murder on the wallet. And it's gonna be hell to juggle all this crap. Also wondering how the hell I'll have time for this (already have Yakuza 5 and Odin Sphere on my backlog).

Yakuza 0, 6, hopefully Kiwami comes west
EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!
Butterlord
Persona 5
RDR 2
Unreal Tournament 4

The two sanic games, and that's about it.

It's actually not that bad of a game. Story and writing are abysmal, but it's the best ATB FF since FFX2.

i havent been keeping up. i know theres that fan game with the huge levels, is that one of them?

No, one is a 2d sanic game made by fans who are working for SEGA, the other is I can't believe it's not sanic generations 2

Well I don't think Generations was bad so I don't see much of a problem with this.