EXPLOSIONS & DESTRUCTION

What are the best videogames for impressive explosions, fireballs, sparks, destroying the environment, etc? I have no clue.

Red faction guerilla has great destruction, I'm sure most anons have played it though

I second that, Guerilla got the best real time destruction I know of.
Rainbow Six is pretty good as well in terms of realistic and detailed destruction but no fancy special effects I'm afraid

Rainbow Six Siege*
polite sage because double posting

Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2
JUST Cause 2
and Earth Defense Force

Metal Slug

Grim dawn ARPG - chose demoman class and just throw bombs in everything.

siege has good details for blowing holes in wooden walls and some of the effects are pretty neat but there aren't really any -big- explosions in it

X-Com: UFO Defense

One of your main weapons in Blood consist of a flare gun which sets dudes on fire (with an explosive alt-fire), and a bundle of dynamite (zombies can not be killed with a shotgun, so it's best to gib them). There's also the Napalm Launcher, which you get a generous amount of ammo for. It has some really sexy sounds and it also blows shit up and lights dudes on fire.

The environment is always exploding in that game, aswell. I suppose they're not actually impressive, but it is all pretty satisfying, especially since the game has some of the best death screams out of any video game ever.

the fucking work that went into every sprite of that game is just incredible

huh? i swear that was a gif

holy shit, this game looks awesome!

my nigger

Yeah. I wouldn't really bother with anything like BloodTC for EDuke32 or whatever, since it's wayy different and shit like the webm isn't really possible.

If you want to run the game at a decent resolution without the framerate taking a shit, you gotta change a few things in the DOSBox and configs. Setting up bmouse also gives you better mouse support than what the game has. Even if you don't, the game is still playable.

Does anybody have the rest of this dude's webm's? I remember there being a ton of them, but I didn't save them.

And then you went and posted the weird scaled down Metal Slug Advance version of that sprite.

Please go on. I've been trying to get some netplay going with this with a friend recently and I can't believe how shit it runs.

I wouldn't know anything about netplay. Or much about the configs for that matter. I just found a few guides on the GoG/Steam forums, and they basically said set output=overlay, fullresolution=(your monitor res here), scaler=none, machine=vesa_nolfb, core=dynamic, cycles=max, etc

I could link them if you'd like.

World in Conflict, especially with No Hope mod

Project Brutality is the game when it comes to stuff like this.

cant find those on dosbox.conf.

Should be there under [cpu]

Hatred. The destruction physics are impressive.

This game might suit your needs. It came out for consoles only though I believe. The xbox, ps2, and gamecube.

The original is xbox/ps2 only, and the second one adds a lot of annoying crap like quicktime events in highjacks. They're both a decent bit of fun though.

This. I tried Hatred after talk about it died down and was pleasantly surprised.

On that note, DC's side-project IS Defense has some lots of explosions and shit. It's a simple game, but it's actually pretty dang fun.

Although it lacks in detail, it makes up for it in raw scale, few games let you level a whole city block in one shot.

They can be killed with anything, including the pitchfork. They simply play dead one or more times if they aren't dealt lethal amount of damage on the first try.

Maybe, but they won't get back up no matter what if you use the pitchfork/tommy gun on them.

EDF was mentioned in the 4th post, user.

To OP, here are some games off the top of my head:

>The newer XCOM games have pretty destructible environments but the games are meh

shoot me tbh

The explosions in lost planet 1 and 2 are godlike.

My fucking nigger

if you're looking for apocalyptic shenanigans,
look at lemmingball z

yeh boi

Renegade Ops and Full Auto 2, OP.

Among the most fun games of the 7th gen.

Hatred

X-COM had actually destructible environments, however.