Some shithead named Matt Furie is suing anyone using the pepe image and claiming he wants to stop the alt-right from...

some shithead named Matt Furie is suing anyone using the pepe image and claiming he wants to stop the alt-right from using pepe in their "hateful campaign". It's time to DESTROY Matt Furie!! Who has the dox on this scumbag??

source: Fag Anglin's Thai Fuck Shack.red/anti-meme-activist-matt-furie-threatens-steam-over-pepe-icons/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.artbusiness.com/?url=http://www.artbusiness.com/copyright-questions-answers-for-artists.html&utm_referrer=#2732
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope he's prepared for the neverending stream of Pepes on every social media he has

Kill yourself cuckchan migrant, not news.

i checked, he does not have an instagram

anyone got his social media accounts?

Kill yourself tryhard goon

He won't win. Any image of Pepe that has been altered, even a little, is no longer Pepe. It has become an original artwork that was inspired by Pepe.

>m.artbusiness.com/?url=http://www.artbusiness.com/copyright-questions-answers-for-artists.html&utm_referrer=#2732

That's not why he won't win. He won't win because people have been using Pepe for free for more than ten years and he never sued anybody. There's legal precedent

Jesus fucking christ, how new are you? Go back to cuckchan and/or reddit and stay there.
YOU AREN'T IN GOOD COMPANY HERE. WE DO NOT WANT YOU

It is, though. I'm treating it exactly as OP presented it. You can't seriously claim a PR stunt that's going on since fucking 2014 as news, and deserving of its own thread.

let's DESTROY HIS LIFE is all i am saying

school already out for christmas?
SMDH tbqh fam.

That's right, you have to enforce your copyright or else you lose it. He refused to defend his control of pepe and so essentially relinquished him to the public domain.

It's not, you retard. It's a happening board. If it's happening then it's happening.

Fancy that

He lives his life as matt furie, his life is already shit and totally destroyed

time to send him straight to hell

HOW FUCKING NEW ARE YOU?
He created the original Pepe comic

Suing requires one of two things: either (a) you have money to gamble, or (b) the person you're suing has money to seize.

I see this going nowhere except causing a Pepe resurgence.

whew lad

Suing requires both of those things

He can only take it down if it's named Pepe The Frog and uses the original frog from the comic

He can't take down KEK or Nene the Nog or Lele the Log

No. If you're rich and have money to burn you can sue just to prove you're right. People get sued for "one dollar nominal damages" all the time.
Conversely, if the person you're suing has deep pockets (and you have a good case) then you can hire a lawyer on contingency.

So, no, you do not need both those things to sue.

Well, take his other characters to then.

old news

Q: Doesn't copyright have a time limit on it? How long until Pepe is public domain?

Not anymore.

In America it's something like death + 100 years. However, because Furie never actually enforced his copyright until now, any idiot lawyer can make the argument that Pepe was already public domain

Only an idiot lawyer would make that argument, since is has no legal basis and is completely and utterly bullshit.

It does. You need to enforce your copyright. I remember a case where McDonald's sued an old family Scottish restaurant named Macdonald's, which had been in business for many years before McDonald's even came along. It sounds shitty, but if McDonald's didn't sue them, someone who genuinely ripped off McDonald's could claim precedent and say 'You didn't sue these people'

🐸 kek
JEWDISHALLA SYSTEM. ™® ℗©

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

That is trademark, not copyright. They are completely separate things. Don't try to correct people if you don't know what you are talking about.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

and this is why we know you aint from 'round these parts.

LURK THE FUCK MORE is all I'm saying.