Well anons it's nearly been ten years since 2007 graced us with its cancerous presence and we still see the effects such as the casualization of games, sjwism, indie devs and plain old Judaism from devs.

So much went wrong that fucking year so much went wrong .

Mayans were right, they were just off by five.

GO
AND
PLAY
GAMES
THAT
AREN'T
SHIT
AND
STOP
CIRCLEJERKING

Actually shit picked up hard in 2012 with femfeq so they might of been right after all.

That user is true. OP reminds me the thing in this pic. A whiny-bitch-15yo-who-dosen't-know-that-before-2007-world-was-crap. There was never golden age of gaming. It was always 99% of shit and 1% of good games. 99% of normalfags and 1% of gamers/fags. What changed? Cuckchan became popular in 2007 and bunch of newfags came and started bitching about "hurr durr muh golden age", "us vs normalfags" and since gamergate "sjws vs hardcores".

But I can tell you when was the dark age of gaming: It was the time when ET was created for Atari console. That shit almost killed gaming. Not your "sjws" or "normalfags" playing casual games on their smartphones.

I'm pretty excited for 2017/18.

Underrail is getting an expansion, Expeditions: Viking, Dungeon Rats and Shadow of the Shogun are getting released, the two NV mods, Brazil and the Frontier, are close to release, with San Francisco starting to ramp up content showcase, Lonestar has the possibility of making me pirate FO4.

Oh, and No Truce With The Furies seems pretty interesting.

I kind of think changes like that happen every 10 years now, whether good or bad, thanks to our rapid development.
1997 was full of interesting stuff.
I feel like 2017 is going to be a special year, too.

And before I forget, there's also Fallout 1.5, Bannerlord, Kingdom Come, that Souls game set in the future with power armor.

It's probably the most excited I've been about games in over a decade.

I'm not saying shit was perfect but the good out numbered the bad and look at how level design went down the fucking drain.

ET killed the videogame business, sjws and "normalfags" are killing the idea of videogames. Just go on whatever mainstream videogame site and everyone will tell you that everything is a game if you're playing on a console, so literal movies and visual novels and everything they make are games too.
Then again it seems that the worst has passed and everything is dying out, with even memecancers on facebook making fun of sjw and stuff, at least for videogames.

2007 was the year Steam finally killed PC games.

someone got the tbbt one ?

If gaming can recover in 2017 I'll be shocked.

Not really, they're just chocking out creativity, passion and chasing away anyone that gives a fuck about the hobby into self publishing.

Same shit happened to sci-fi and fantasy literature. Cunts, as in, women, take over editorial positions with all major book publishers getting to decide which books make the cut and which don't. Leftists take over literary awards and turn them into their usual instinctual orgies of chain blowjobs.

Consumers start to bleed out in droves, authors start self publishing and self editing and releasing their works digitally, book stores start going out of business.

Alternatively, see comics. You'll notice that many comic book stores are now selling anything but comics. All the leftists ever do is make the money run away.

2007 is forced meme

Sonic Mania
Sonic 2017
Neir Automata on PC
Zelda BotW

South Park 2 is also looking pretty dope

but user
all video games are shit

Isn't 8-4 translating that one?

2012 is when the Galactic Alignment occured which is when vast amounts of cosmic energies reached us. This has more to do with the awakening though.

The good never outnumbers the bad. The thing is the bad and generic get forgotten while the good remains. Every year onwards is better for gaming as technolgy gets better letting you emulate and play all those older games that are still great while a good new game pops up from time to time.

This year had some good shit too, like the hulkpocalypse. Yes there have been lots of shit games released, but you only have to play them to tide you over until good games get released. Good ones take time to develop.

I've got no idea.
I'll still buy it regardless even if it's like D3

The shit never made it to release. Publishers used to be a good thing.

It isn't better tech that makes better games. It's mainly the innovation and ingenuity and intelligence of game designers many of which have sadly left the industry. There are few visionaries left because AAA development has become uninspired corporatism.

I'm not saying tech makes games better, I'm saying it lets you play older games easier through emulation, giving you easier access to all games.

Pretty much this. The NES was an ocean of shovelware. Growing up with it was like walking on a minefield. These days you can access endless information on any game you want on the internet in a microsecond. Back then you couldn't. Your knowledge of a game would be extremely limited until you played it yourself, and publishers exploited that as much as possible.

See above.

Video Games were always "casual".

It's just when you grew up, you stopped playing them.

But that's wrong. The seventh generation coincided with the mass adoption of HDTVs, and for the first time output a suitable resolution. This is important because it was and will remain the last generation to have such an obvious graphical advancement, which was a hallmark of every new generation before it. 4K games on console grade hardware will remain a myth for at least 10 years, assuming consoles still exist as we know them by then. Each new console until that time will see mere sidegrades or even regressions – the 8th generation doesn't reliably hit that output format pioneered during the 7th generation. It was also apparently the last generation to feature exclusives in meaningful numbers.

Of course the 7th generation also brought ubiquitous online multiplayer, mandatory game installations, day one patches, on-disc DLC, and broadened DLC in general. But that's equally explained by the inexorable shift toward digital distribution and the infinite supply of publisher greed, rather than the design of the consoles themselves.

steam accounts unironically created post 2011 are usually casuals, unless it was forced retail DRM. Anyone who made accounts back in 2003-2006 know steam sucks.

also 2008 is the real date you're looking for, the finacial crash as an excuse to be greedy for preservation of growth. Remove the infinite growth economy and most of your problems are gone

The issue is that the "good" of today would be the "mediocre" or "bad" of pre-2007. For example, just look at the RPG genre:
and more. The only modern RPGs that put at least some amount of effort into writing usually fell flat in gameplay, and I have yet to see an open world anything whose map isn't complete toss

IT'S ((((2016))))

Started with NES

French Revolution

Did nothing wrong.

Yes.

2017 will be the year of nationalism though.

2017 will mark the dawn of a new golden age

Look at this retard

They're supported by king nigger, god emperor Trump doesn't care about Israel.

There's a difference between USA and (((USA))).

It all had the Nintendo seal of approval.

2017 will surely mark a dawn. Not the way you expect it to though.

Drove down standards into the ground.

The resolution wasn't the big leap that 7th gen made (PCs had that for a long time), shaders were.

People have yet to point this out, but the enormous consumer interest in technology that happened that year thanks to efforts like , plus the Financial Crisis and subsequent Recession that also happened later that same year and saw companies cutting down on costs or dying altogether while pumping out low effort trash, which continued to happen during the Recession and still happens today thanks to a crippled (even if more stable) economy and the creation of a standart that begun with all the retards that flooded that sector and became the "best" of consumers even has it all went to shit.

Going with my train of thought, its why only recently (2013-2014), and with some effort by devs and publishers, are we seeing the resurgence of more AA devs outside Japan,and indies booming and becoming numerous, too numerous even.

Why?

obviously because this thread does not jive with the high standards we have here on Holla Forums
now if you excuse me I gotta go shitpost in the filename thread

I personally blame the Wii

They are a huge reason why we have so much sjw cancer and why decent indie devs have such a rough time.

That and the iPhone.

1000%

And the media making Holla Forums known.

I don't blame the media for that since it would be known eventually. I DO blame that journolist bullshit for ruining journalists

The mobile market is responsible for micro-transactions but I think the Wii did more damage in terms of broadening the group of people who play games to a bunch of FUCKING NORMALFAGS.

Yep I 100% agree

You will see how shitty it gets after the orange man get the big chair

Yeah, Nintendo really fucked over the industry. Also Bethesda with the DLC armor. It's funny and ironic how Skyrim of all games was in the Switch trailer.

Things will be truly great.

Facebook, tumblr, twitter, and smartphones are the four corners of the hellish landscape that we now live in.. Smartphones, especially.

There was still a time in the later 90s/early 00s where the internet was not widely used. Myspace started the trend, but most people abandoned it because it was inconvenient. It required constant access to a computer and couldn't be easily checked throughout the day.

By the time facebook came around, computers and internet access were becoming more widespread, but iphones and the pop culture trend they carried, brought everything together, and we saw a massive flood of normalfags onto the internet in a very small amount of time.

These were people who were not used to the internet that some of us grew up with. Where search engines were shit, where webrings and BBS systems were the only way to find things. I'm not saying these things were inherently better, but it created a need for you to do some work to get integrated with the rest of the internet and get what you wanted out of it.

When the normalfags swarmed in, they wanted the fastest, easiest, most accessible way to get whatever they wanted. This led to the rise of aggregator sites like "the cheezburger network" and 9gag, it's what made reddit so popular, because reddit filters the "best" content to the top.

Fortunately for comic book stores, D&D is still somewhat profitable.

Hey, if the dying crone gets in the big chair it's going to be a lot more "shitty".

I hate games. 2007 ruined them.

Can't say I'm not guilty, it just sucks

As I recall, that was the year phone posting largely becoming a thing. Someone should have killed Steve Jobs before he fall to his own stupidity.

You have to be fucking retarded to think that the internet and videogames were a niche hugbox prior to 2007. Every child in the 90s and 00s in a 2nd-1st world country played, or knew about video games.

I fucking hate normalfags

Work on your reading comprehension, retard.

i guess i gotta look at the silver lining, due to the decline in video game quality i spend about 90% less on video games per year

its pretty frustrating how the smart phone is one of the best and worst recent advances in technology. the amount of useful shit those phones have that you can just keep in your pocket is amazing and everyone just uses it for facebook

You said the normalfags swarmed in, but they really didn't, they were already using computers and the internet, and had probably played some video games as children or teenagers, probably the cliche, quintessential games like pacman, tetris or or pong. Ebay, free website-making services and Youtube were really what brought them in, because those three things let you:

That shit was absurd, I fucking hate DLC that should have been included in the game to begin with. At least we have piracy. That is, until all games use Denuvo.

Holy crap, that video looks like some old Youtube comedy sketch.

Hahahaha

Media dominance.

I didn't say normalfags swarmed the internet and ruined videos games because they didn't know about them before.

that was Holla Forumss fault though.

This, most smartphones are small computers in your fucking pocket. DO COOL SHIT WITH THEM

Like what?

be the change you want to be, nigger

But I like the current year. Plenty of interesting cRPGs coming along, Battle Brothers and Bannerlord for my mercenary fix, big New Vegas and Fallout 2 mods getting released/translated.

I have nothing to complain about.

I seriously hope you don't trust the polls.

source?

Only people who think games have gotten worse are the people who play console games.

consoles dont have to deal with piles of early access shit

Thats a pile of bullshit and you know it.

Not to be contraire, but that sounds like "killing the idea of videogames" to me.

I've heard about this growing up shit for roughly the last 20 years since I was a teenager. The ones sounding especially retarded were the peers and yesterday's gaming buddies who desperately tried to look more normal and mature, to distance themselves from immature things, games being among them, of course.
I never understood this. I could never grasp why being a happy adult unequivocally requires you to sever all and every ties with something you genuinely enjoy.
But look at them now. They've got their improved social status, their wives, kids, cars et cetera. But whenever I look at them they just look dull. There's no light in their eyes. They are perfectly normal, they have respect of the majority around them yet they don't look happy. They don't sound happy. While my childish, immature passion - although far from being the only one - still brings me joy after around 25 years of playing video games. If that means I'm a loser then I guess I'm okay with that.

Nice meme.

But they will though, they will…

I got involved in a shooting in a 2007 and ended up having my entire world change from that moment on. I'm convinced that I actually died in it and this is my hell. Although it could be heaven I guess and it's just building up to something spectacular and all the shit I've gone through from 2007 to now is just to make the payoff at the end that much sweeter.

I liked 2007

I recently switched from PC to console (bought myself PS3 and PS4) and I enjoy gaming again like in the good old PC/DOS days, just with less technical issues.

I don't remember a single thing I did in 2007.

Not sure if this is it, but hasn't been posted yet so here ya go.

Full disclosure, I'm a demon on payroll to fuck with you

It's the current year, user.

This is quite frankly true.
Everyone should go play the games that are least shitty to them. Like when you take a shit and it still smells like what you ate so its smell is not 100% disgusting but just 90-95% disgusting.
Vidya is like that.

I've got money on Nuclear War by 2019 against my friend's World War 3 by 2017. I'm looking forward to winning $20 3 years from now and having nothing to spend it on because I'll be dead.

We could make a nuclear habbiding thread with all the locations that would get rekt in case of nuclear holocaust. From America to Asia and even Australia

that would be breddy gud, just don't show where you are going innawoods at or bandits will sack your shit.

Shit looked alright right up until those two little words.

To think about it, i wasn't anti-semitic nazi in 2007, was agitating for gay rights, while fapping mostly on futanari and furry shit, later on traps.

Good riddance world went so shit i changed a lot.

God kill me.

Guys, I think I found the 2007est pic ever, right down to the original filename.

checked

like fucking what.

Like, it's cool it can be a flashlight, I use that all the time. It can be a shitty level too, but that rarely comes up, and you should have a real one around somewhere if it does. GPS goes without saying, of course. I'd draw with it, but finger-painting on a touch screen isn't much better than fingerpaining anywhere else, just with less mess.

Typing is a pain, so I only use it for taking notes when it's particularly important. Really, the camera is more useful for notes. Coding is theoretically possible, but without a proper keyboard, it's not fucking happening. Basically any productivity software is right out; word processors/spreadsheets/CAD/SPICE/CAM/3d modeling/image editing/etc.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a shitposting device/camera/telephone/stopwatch/mp3 player/gps/flashlight/universal translator/alarm clock/clumsy ti-89 emulator

That's cool, but my shitty flipphone circa 2007 was better than half of those things already.