/OGC/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Aerodynamic Edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
Mumble:
Address: 8v.servers.moe
Port: 64738

Playing The Crew? Add your uplay name to the list to race with us:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Playing Forza Horizon 3? Join our club:
Tag: 8ogc
Name: Auto Games Coalition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdagky_Hw_iVZlIWTHTUiVw-Nbmyu7e2WpY3-m0vg1DxEXgvw/viewform
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=EastCars
youtube.com/watch?v=RjitPICqOaw
youtube.com/watch?v=RMjd75io4DI
youtube.com/watch?v=nBHXQ4OjeK8
youtube.com/watch?v=5bsuar1vo2g
testdriveunlimited2.com/serverstatus
amistech.com/msc/
crasstalk.com/2011/03/cheatins-still-winnin-the-story-of-toyota-racings-best-cheat-ever/
cardesign.tv/wp-content/gallery/2011CutOuts/
soundcloud.com/drvector/my-summer-car-early-access-gameplay-trailer-music
archive.is/4xaUZ
mediafire.com/download/6cddyi0sw3nhjzn/rFactorSetup1255g.exe
mediafire.com/download/4ynt55wcedcr3i0/rFactorWindows7Version.zip
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/born-2-race-2-bundle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For those who are in the Horizon 3 club, please answer these two questions for the upcoming meme race:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdagky_Hw_iVZlIWTHTUiVw-Nbmyu7e2WpY3-m0vg1DxEXgvw/viewform

Don't forget about dirt rally now.

The ones for Forza 5 were absolutely hilarious.

Speaking of, I see tons of people talk about it yet I never see anyone talk of setting up a multiplayer session for rallycross.

Maybe people go the pirated version. I know I do.. I missed the last sale when it was 30bux too. Next time though..

A timeless classic.

Probably because normal rally is more fun. I've played some 25 hours of Dirt Rally and haven't touched rallyx since it released when I tried two or three races.

Pretend humans.

Anyone wants to race with the CCCP shitboxes on Rfactor? I suggest short tracks though, the cars aren't very fast, especially the stock models because if you want to race with shitboxes you got to do it right

Funniest part about this video is, the navigator is a professional hired by the driver, the driver is a wealthy industrialist who has been said to have more money than skill, and an affinity towards partying.

The co-driver released the video because the dumb fuck broke the car on the last run.

I do, shitboxes are love

I made a quick spreadsheet out of the individual votes so far. Looks like Saturday from 6pm to 12am[GMT] is the vague date we're at. There's still time for more people to do the survey though.

rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=EastCars
Enjoy
I can also upload it on Mega if more people are interested

Well that's a first

Project Gotham Racing 4 is the best game on the 360 , and faggots told me it was shit

The overlap is rather nice, especially since it'll be on the weekend when most people don't have work.

Which faggot told you it was shit? It's easily one of the best arcade racing games ever made.

It's only natural, we're the only continent on this planet that can actually drive. Gooks can't maintain traction and Amerifats get spooked by manual transmission and the concept of turning left.

You mean right?
And yes, I'm surprised driving stick is such a big deal in clapistan, it took me a few driving school lessons to learn it, and it gives you an insane degree of control on your car

WOULD'VE BEEN MORE IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE DAMN REGULATIONS.

Damn mazda paint jobs. This is obviously what I meant to post.

Unless we count some recreations on various sims, that's goddam true. I suppose it's too niche for the large market to enjoy it.

Have fun not seeing tits on TV yank

Closest thing I can think of (modding aside) is GTR2 that lets do a 24 hour race with mixed classes but only on tracks like Spa. Also, GRID, but it's leaning very much towards being an arcade game with a simplified track.

There's also a late 90s game that isn't too bad but properly very dated now.

And you can recreate the race in GT5 or 6 but the field of cars is probably going to be stupid as most of these games only have a couple of prototypes and rarely from the same year.

It may also just be because the US browsers are still not up and haven't voted yet

Or because 6pm-12am[GMT] is basically daytime in america. That's 11am-5pm for the west coast and 2pm-8pm for the east coast.

oh look another fag that thinks NASCAR vehicles and slow, and easy to operate. homo

ehh go fuck your sister in a walmart parking lot or your dad will.

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong in being a redneck. Maybe if you practise a bit more you will be able to race real motorsports like us europeans

NASCAR vehicles are pretty primitive, but there's some technicality to the racing

Rednecks are the only good americans, the world would be a much better place if everyone was a redneck
We'd also all be our own cousins but that's not the point

Better redneck than a SJW, got to agree with you on that

shit's fast yo

Consider too that for the earlier Americans, that that doc post would have been 5am-6am in the morning while it's late morning for Europeans. It's all about figuring out what's a good time for Americans and Europeans and when I've done surveys I find early afternoon in America on Saturdays is usually the best time even though it fucks Australians.

Pic related. This was done May 2015 to find out optimum series setup and what to do that eventually turned into OGC:TM. 4chan results ended up overrepresented compared to actual race attendance, as they only shown up to one race (Fuji) since their race was cancelled that weekend and all DNF'd due to various reasons.

I thought games were meant to be fun
I can understand no intentional crashing and no driving backwards, but holy shit

I'm not sure if we're poorer than i imagined or if everyone is on some non shit spic/hue imageboard that i'm not aware of

I've never tried actually sorting out the data based on /ovg/ or /ogc/ answers, but I have a hypothesis that most of the overly strict rulefags are from the 4chan thread. Makes sense considering they pretty much wrote out a rulebook for what penalty entails what action for their second GT3 season and throughout 2015 they had used a post race judge panel to hand out race penalties.

Wow, that's some iracing level of autism. If I ever had to host something I'd probably go for some simple rules

I'll fuck your mom in my 200mph NASCAR while you and your daddy jerk off, you slackjawed faggot.

"Contemporary NASCAR-spec top level cars produce maximum power outputs of 860-900 hp[6][7] from their naturally aspirated V8 engines. In October 2007 American race car driver Russ Wicks set a speed record for stock cars in a 2007-season Dodge Charger built to NASCAR specifications by achieving a maximum speed of 244.9 mph (394.1 km/h) at the Bonneville Salt Flats.[8][9] For the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, power output of the competing cars ranged from 750–800 hp (560-600 kW)."

pick one

You faggots ready for the caution clock in the cup?

They don't make cars like they used to m8s.

Just checked this, can confirm 4chan scored higher on realism compared to Holla Forums. Mean, median and mode for Holla Forums on a scale of 1-10 for realistic rules is 5.7, 5 and 4 respectively while 4chan has 6.88, 7 and 10 respectively.

In real content only from 1-5 the mean, median and mode for Holla Forums is 2.2, 2 and 1 respectively while for 4chan it is 2.76, 3 and 1.

In addition, the priorities of carset on Holla Forums was GT cars followed by shitboxes. The carset priorities on 4chan were Indycar/CART followed by GT cars.

The priority of tracks on Holla Forums were high profile international road courses followed by national courses while 4chan had priorities on American ovals followed by high profile international road courses and Bryce Canyon.

I did this for our lord and savior, also known as The Founder. The man, the legend. SJ.

So basically halfchan people are no fun allowed turnleft freaks and Holla Forums is the superior bantz and ricing on actual tracks, good to know I am on the best side

Pretty much, though when it's not turnleft it's GT3 racing. Unfortunately they still have sheer numbers and the average race for them is sill >15 people while we consistently had

RIP 4chan victim of their own meme NFA turned real.

Best sounding car?

that's not a 306

that was the most cringe inducing thing I've watched on this site in a very long time.

What are the requirements like in new Forza?

lol

Is that an s200 car? Sound like it revs extremely high lel does the road version rev that high?

Modified 2 liter, revs up to 12x1000rpm's if memory serves. Only the maxi version.

I wonder how easy it is to become a co-driver.

They weren't arguing the sound in the headphones went so she had to scream out the directions.
Wouldn't be too hard if you don't mind not being in control at all. Here some videos of people riding along, the first two are with car people and the last two are just funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=RjitPICqOaw
This guy loses his shit half way through

youtube.com/watch?v=RMjd75io4DI
This holds it together rather well

youtube.com/watch?v=nBHXQ4OjeK8
youtube.com/watch?v=5bsuar1vo2g
These ones are pretty funny

This one takes it though since he suppose to be a learner co-pilot

Whelp better pack it all in, reddit is here

Also I've been playing TXR3, did the milage trick to get the engine swap and holy fuck are the Flat Sixes broken. Not the most Horsepower but the Torque is monumental and they're decently light for a turbo set up.

Also does anyone know if fucking with the boost settings affect regular driving and if there's a reason not to max it out?

That's gold

I just want some fun offroading.

Forza Horizon 3 or Spintires.

No console, don't want to shit all over myself with W10 either. I'd buy it if it was on steam or GOG with proper dinput support so I don't have to waste HDD space with worst windows since Me while praying to god in hopes that it will in fact work with my wheel.
But not like this.
Is it still being updated?

That is an old webm, it's gtav.

you can look up the supported wheels, no praying required.
no idea. probably not. what does it matter?

if you have room to set up arbitary limits to the games in the niche genre you want to play you should be prepared to be unsatisfied.

horizon 3 does offroading in a simple way so maybe not totally satisfying, but I can't think of any offroading game that does it justice.

there's some game named like off road drive that does offroading well but idk about the wheel support, it's traditionally such a niche devs only resort to arcadey games

like use a controller it will be fine and just use the wheels for autismo sims

In case of FH3 it's not "arbitrary limits", it's having some fucking standards. I don't want to spend money on something that requires me to jump some ludicrous fucking hoops to even get it working, starting with minor things like needing a whole new OS and going all the fucking way to needing a new fucking steering rack because developers decided that forfeiting this very nice unified cross-platform protocol is a really smart fucking move.

Forza is on the wrong platform. Never going to play it.

you want your niche FLOSS offroad simulator you'll most likely have to make it yourself or pay someone money to make it so it's either start visiting agdg or lower your fucking standards

To be fair they did try to support a bunch of HID wheels with the XInput wheel support update and most popular consumer grade devices not too old are supported. The notable exceptions being the DFGT and most Fanatec units, for whatever reason.

But in the end the real issue with wheel support is that Forza is a console gaming series and that FFB is never right in console gaming series, despite all the money these fuckers have.

WE DEM BOIS

Didn't they add support for Fanatec wheels with the last patch?
This is 100% true. No matter how much I fiddle with the wheel settings in FH3 it never feels just right. It's good enough but it doesn't click like it should. Everything feels a little too sensitive and the FFB is more like an ambigious resistance rather than any force actually affecting the car. I guess the unfamiliarity and lack or focus comes with the playerbase that has even less wheels than PC if I had to guess.

I base my knowledge off the documentation that states only the CSR is supported but it wouldn't be the first time the documentation is out of date.

H3 also has the issue of being quite arcade and that usually fucks with how good an FFB can be. I honestly ditched my G27 after a few minutes and just kept playing with a pad, it's not like it's a serious game anyway

Mate, they are still running 2 valve pushrods and carbs; they are primitive as fuck. The reason they make such power is that they have displacement for days. 50+ year old engine designs could also make the same power if you use modern metallurgy, only reason we use so much tech in our engines now is for fuel efficiency and emissions

How did NASCAR get by the green movement in autosports?

Oi. Was told to ask this here.
Is there any racing game like Forza Horizon for PC that doesn't force me to upgrade to Windows 10?

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is pretty much that but the car selection is shit if you like Japanese cars.

Just dl'd the japanese version because i hate myself and because of the bug.
gogogo 8-6

Test Drive Unlimited 2 or The Crew.

Thanks

The Crew is good and there is still a decent population. The weekly summits always have leaderboards to climb if you want.

THE WEAK SHOULD FEAR THE STRONG

FORZA HORIZON 3 CONFIRMS IT: MY DICK IS THE BIGGEST. GO HOME, CALL A RENT BOY AND HAVE HIM CUCK YOU WHILE YOU CRY INTO A PILLOW.

I deny all allergators, I dindu muffins.

because that game has some retardedly hard to emulate interlacing and it's impossible to get a sharp image out of it

Absolute madman

top fucking kek, guy's trying to kill amerilard

Aren't the servers down for TDU 2 on PC?

testdriveunlimited2.com/serverstatus

or he's american (and stupid) too since all the automatics i've driven have had a leg operated e-brake on the far left a bit further than where the clutch would be normally. don't know how pushing the clutch instead of the e-brake would kill anyone either considering you'd be stopped when you use it unless you were trying to park on an incline and there was a massive pit at the bottom of it.

I had to look up what an e-brake was since we call it a hand brake in the UK, and in no part of emergency stop training do you touch it. Seems like a recipe for disaster both calling is an emergency brake and putting it on a pedal.

Exactly. Handbrake is meant to be used to keep the car still (unless you block the wheels to drift) and there's no reason using it otherwise, especially as a pedal that (I suppose) cannot keep the engaged state unlike the traditional handbrake

it's not in a postion where you could even use it while driving unless you really wanted to or maybe if you're incredibly stupid. it's called an emergency brake because you can use it in an emergency where the regular brakes aren't working since they aren't connected in the same way. why some cars have it as a pedal exactly I can't tell, i imagine it's to free up space from the middle console for cup holders or hamburgers or something. either way it doesn't affect its function or usability.

in the cars I've driven that have it the pedal locks down just like a regular hand operated e-brake. there's a separate button or a pullswitch that releases it. it's really more a leg operated switch than a pedal in the same sense as gas and break.

The servers are very unreliable

The car that I had which implemented a foot e-break was pretty nice as it made it so much easier to move between the front seats. Shame that the car had a low safety rating.

Is that a limey version of the onion?

kek

It'll give the car a jolt forward and kill the engine if you release it without setting the gear on neutral or pressing the gas pedal that's why. Also have you ever drive a stick before?

kekkedy gold

verbank would you mind sharing your Regera tune for the sweeping drift zone? tried a few cars, can't get even close to your score

I was just giving you information you dumb fuck. No need to be so damn defensive about your ignorance.

to me it sounds like you're the one who's never driven a car before.

And yes, I have driven a stick before, in many cars of different shapes and sizes. The vast majority of the cars I've driven have had a normal manual transmission. It's just that I've also driven automatics as well, even semi-automatics. Not that it matters to me because the transmission wars are about as thrilling and fruitful as console wars in my opinion since I'm not a professional or even an amateur race car driver. Both have positives and negatives and neither is objectively better except in very specific situations. It's like arguing between a chisel and a jackhammer. That's pretty much the long and short of it from anyone who drives cars a lot in normal everyday situations besides the 16 to 20 year old snapback wearing wannabe "hoonigans" who are about to get or just got their first car and license.

I was talking about transmission you nigger, shit i'm not even yuropoor or muricunts neither am i being defensive, i was just asking.

Well maybe i exaggerated too much about getting killed regarding clutch control or everyone here drives like a maniac

My Summer Car is here

so it seems

Yes, but is it good?

You can see for yourself

torrent when?

If the trailer does not make you drool, nothing does.

I don't know why but there's something very endearing about Finglish.

also it just started raining while i was building the engine

thankfully i didn't go to highschool because it meant spending more time with my parents and i could either stay in school or stay sane, not both

I seriously hope you queers don't buy into the early access meme though
Pirate it and buy it when it releases if it's good

It's mostly done, anyways.

You may be comfy, but you're not RX7 parked in the city on a rainy evening comfy.

Don't tell me what to do with my money.
An unfinished game can be still worth the price and can give you many hours of playtime.
It is a market trend that can be easily exploited, but not everything is exploitation and "voting with le wallet" reddit meme won't do anything to a marketing scheme that has proved itself successful time and time again.

If it already has enough features for you, then get it, just never count on features being added when they are not yet present.

You are, without a doubt, the goodest of goys.

I
I can't tell if this would be fun or a kick in the ass
or both

he's right though if the game in its current form has enough content and is finished enough so you feel like you're getting your moneys worth then what's the difference between that and a game that's "out"? for so many years it has been and still is the norm to release broken games with DLC and missing content that the 1.0 version number means nothing. an early access game can be just as bad and unfinished as a full release, it's just that in EA it's more likely to be fucked up so you need to approach it with caution. luckily you can just refund it if that happens. bottom line being that if the game in its current state is worth it, then what's the problem?

all that being said i still don't buy EA games that are missing content especially if the price isn't going to go up on release or ones that are broken obviously.

You know why PC goymers fell for "Early Access"?
Because PC has no fucking games.
It's a drought and PC gamers are desperate!

that'd be a great argument if consoles didn't do the same shit

he has a pretty amazing website like straight from the 90's
amistech.com/msc/

Gotta love that style. It's cheesy just right

Speaking of early access games, anyone else have wreckfest?

I do, although I am not excited about it as I used to, the works are going way too slow and BB disappeared for a while without any notice and the community was thinking of the worst. Also the devs must be short of cash or something like that because they announced the console version and released the stunt spinoff long before entering Wreckfest's beta

Wow I didn't hear about the console version and spin off. I like the game but progress on it has been a snails pace. Maybe if these other ways of getting money work they can actually fund wreckfest, seems like the team must of been tiny.

If stuntfest is like that demo then that game could be awesome.

I believe it's not available on Steam yet (you have to buy a key through the site) but looks like the tech demo with the possibility to build custom arenas for challenges and ragdoll drivers (I don't own it myself, it's details I get from the forums), there should be a car, a girl in a shopping cart and a grandma on a moblity scooter

>tfw you don't own a VR headset

Life is pain anons.

anyone got more of these cutaway drawings?
I love these things.

sure

I never asked for this

Why Rally still uses co-drivers when there are gps and shit nowadays?

Because a codriver can learn how to tell you to drive better than learning how to drive according to a GPS. At least, as far as I can tell.

Road conditions change faster than GPS data does.

I'd totally get a VR headset, a racing wheel setup and a new GPU if they worked in horizon 3.

That's one more thing to worry about while driving. Their are special notes/warnings unique to each driver for certain turns and areas that would be hard to remember or try to read from a screen while driving. It's hard enough having to adjust to the lines people are taking while avoiding rocks/debris on the road. Plus if you do happen to have an accident it's better if you have 2 people for repairs than 1.

that I can answer in 1 word.

just spend 6 hours straight in MSC

it's okay

I entirely get why rally drivers need co-drivers, what I don't understand is why they don't autistically try to get one who is the right weight to perfectly balance the car.

Just google

Best car coming through. Restrictions be damned!

crasstalk.com/2011/03/cheatins-still-winnin-the-story-of-toyota-racings-best-cheat-ever/

Just ordered a Driving Force GT
What am in for?
What is everyone playing here?

A good start for a wheel, probably good price to performance. You should totally play Ridge Racer. Type 4 on PCSXR + PGXP + padGenneco makes for a sweet driving experience.

I've been neglecting my racing games as of recently. I want to start playing ETS2 again, but I'm not in the mood for truck sims right now. I might get MSC since it seems to be an autism sim and Car version of ETS2.

Good entry level wheel, not very fancy and the pedals aren't very good, but it does the job.
FH3 (not with a wheel) and right now, MSC.

Finally built the important bits of car, and the engine just doesn't want to idle. Time to try to tune that shit.

It's an improvement, last two times I got this far the engine caught fire.

Holy hell, not even a warning. Finnish drivers are brutal

it doesn't have to be silent, there can be a mechanized voice talking ya fat fuck

does the game have the unity look? i.e was it lazily made with copypasted shaders and assets from the unity store?

Webm disappeared?

it looks like shit if that's your question, not sure the assets are copy pasted, probably not considering how basic they are. I mean just look at the trees in the background

god damn

Any source, video or article about the homeless man part? All I get is random wonky copilot videos and the very same article.
This might be a joke article to be honest, especially since the man in the picture is Petter Solberg and because the source of said article is a parody news site.

It's a fucking well known fake article that's been going around for years.

I tried google but all I get are these pathetic res pictures.

Jesus, the American muscle car has too much torque for Finnish woods

I still haven't found it, where is it?

Are you talking about My Summer Car? Are there hidden cars? Screenshot?

What's the matter user it's just a simple Ouroboros Also as note I wish we could selectively spoiler stuff

Also I'm not sure which one I like best Though I'd probably go with Taking over the world since that required less editing

Get on my level

I wish there was a high res archive of every single one but it really depends on the car and your luck.

There was an Ausfag in a previous thread who was after games that had stock Ford/Holden. GT6 has a stock '04 SS Commodore and a Manaro coupe. Also has an '00 Ford V8SC.

That's some human centipede shit right there.

heres an entire repository of the things.

cardesign.tv/wp-content/gallery/2011CutOuts/

Pac-man is loving it.

ooh yeah I got that skin in Trackmania it was good

top keke

learn to drift, faggot.

t. sweatshop worker

ROSBERG
O
S
B
E
R
G

You're everything that's wrong with the internet

you should probably relax

don't you want to Drive to survive in 2005?

I only listen to the finest 90s euro dance when racing my datsun

i only listen to driving rock and 80s hard rock

I only listen to this very specific song on loop 24/7 while jacking off to Test Drive 6.

You better be carpet-burning your dick to the superior edition of that game or I'm fuckin' disowning you as my son.

I only owned the PC version as a kid.

doesn't matter, d-pad 2D racing is best racing, only babies race in simulators with racing wheels, true racers play racing games on the atari lynx.

no, what really matters is simulation value

That was unexpected. And it's probably going to either cost a shitload to repair, and that's if I don't have to tow the car to the repair shop otherwise I'm probably going to kill myself.

Wish I could just buy a new engine block and rebuild the engine.

Does anyone here has any fun in RFactor 2?

The selection for the cars is not that huge, but it can get really fun, especially with the Celica GTO.

comfy as fuck

soundcloud.com/drvector/my-summer-car-early-access-gameplay-trailer-music

Nice, you make that yourself or did you get it off the marketplace? Either way new Prostreet never ever, Also That song is way more dirty then what made it into the game, and it still contains the lyric "Cum until you bleed"

I liked "Anything But Down" more Episode 5 also never ever

Also at some time SimplePlanes included car parts, so if anyone wants to make something that looks like it's out of San Francisco Rush 2049 then there you go.

Well this came out of the blue. PC release at last.

DFGT user here, it just arrived.
Had a test run with it on ETS2, and it`s a fucking blast. Now i`m redownloading Race07 and LFS

You'll honestly probably be really shit at it for the first week or two, but when you get used to it it is a blast. I'd buy a G27/G25 but that won't be for at least another month or two.

Soul just died a little

Shame the prices seem to be awful. I'd like the overall driver support of those over my 920. Oh well, at least the 920 feels good and has a sensible button layout.

Well there's been an option for a good fucking while. This screenshot is from Reincarnation. I'm in progress of downloading MD.

OG Carmageddon had colored blood in some countries

is there a rainbow option?

Green blood and zombie sounds. Robots if you lived in Germany. I actually really liked the sounds those zombies made.

You only get red, green and blue.

Oh nice, cockpit view.

Lads, it's almost time.

lad

lad

lad

Lada

lad

good lada

good lada

Am I Alt Right yet?

so no

not enough futa

new to non-fzero racing games, so sorry if this is a dumb question but how do i corner properly in initial d extreme stage?

i've been trying to

is this correct?

i watched some moonmen play and it seems like they downshift super late or just not at all.

i also don't get whether i should decelerate or not while turning

If I've learned one thing from Ridge Racer, it's don't touch the brake.

Always keep your car between the 6-7-8K RPM, if it goes below downshift
For short hairpins downshift while taking them (do NOT brake) and study the track because you can take shortcuts or ways to help yourself
(IE the jumps in Irohazaka or the gutter turns in Akina)
I almost win against Takumi with these tips

it's a feeling man. It's like art, you've just got to feel it.

The theory is to take the straightest line through the corner so you can carry speed. Keep the revs high and hit your apexes. once you pass the peak of the apex build acceleration. And give yourself enough room to corner. but again. It's a feeling.

Have fun losting to Itsuki

It's the same theory though, slow in, fast out. Slow down enough that you aren't hitting the walls with the side of your car, head on doesn't penalize you nearly as badly and recover that speed and acceleration as quickly as you can afterwards.

Also ignore and pay special attention to what said about your RPM. If you're in a higher gear than you should be, it means you aren't accelerating and therefore a lot of lost time.

It's the same theory though, slow in, fast out. Slow down enough that you aren't hitting the walls with the side of your car, head on doesn't penalize you nearly as badly and recover that speed and acceleration as quickly as you can afterwards.

Also ignore and pay special attention to what said about your RPM. If you're in a higher gear than you should be, it means you aren't accelerating and therefore a lot of lost time.

just tried this stuff out, it's helping a lot thank you anons

hopefully someday i can gofast with you guys

So got done playing around with it, it's basically an massive update to Reincarnation. A few more cars to play around with, new maps, the balance does seem better but there's still issues.

The AI is trash both for peds and racers. The racers only seem to try and kill you except at the start where a few wonder off, but eventually they'll come to kill you. It's ok if want to get it over with quick, but exploring is a hassle, basically have to kill everyone and leave one as a paraplegic and hope he doesn't kill himself somehow. Haven't tried racing but I imagine it's the same thing.

Peds seem to react too fast to you approaching and dodge out the way too often. The political mode is alright, but you don't really hear their quotes as you'll run them down too quick

All in all I hope they update the AI to be at least on the same level as Carna 2 then it will be great.

Can you put up you're own images as poster in MSC?

Also what's with all the double posts lately, they seem to have made a resurgence.

I swear it's worse than in Reincarnation. The AI sometimes stops working at all and just don't move.

Because rallycross is dull compared to thrashing up pike's peak with your buddy on your ass.

It sucks, cause doing shit like webm related and seeing your friend try to duck out of the way and crashing into the next tree was hilarious.

You mean you have your bro read you the pace notes?

The issue was present in Carma:R but the fact that they were so hard to kill overwrote the fact the AI sucked. But they're hopefully going to continue this support version and improve the AI.

Nah, though I did have my finnish buddy watching me through a stream and dictating the pace notes to me in broken rally english one time.
It boiled down to him just screaming GO FASTER FOR FUCK'S SAKE though.

I tried to get my wheel working in Carmageddon with x360ce, but it doesn't seem to override any inputs. Any ideas?

Hah, that's pretty neat.

how the fuck would that even work with the latency?

Any fun PC games to drift with eurobeats?

Asseto Corsa, RFactor, Burnout Paradise or emulate pic related.

get out, Simone

what is the wrongings with corsa assetto, friend?

It brands itself as a simulator even though it doesn't try to properly simulate anything and once you see that and decide to just play it as an arcade game you figure out the physics are shit and the whole thing is just a mix of no fun allowed realism mechanics in an inherently unrealistic game. The developers are incompetent as fuck and they are so incapable of making a product the whole thing only exists because they made it an early access scam as even the centuries old jewing techniques used by the likes of EA and ubisoft couldn't possibly support them through the making of a racing game.
Not only that but the developers are going full schlomo with DLC
It's not even worth a pirate since there are a billion better games you can pirate or buy for less that are better at everything except graphics

It did not. The latency was maybe a couple of seconds once we tinkered with the shit we were using. BUt still one second is like an hour when you're thrashing those fuckers around.

Initial D Arcade Stage 3 has card reader support now, go emulate that.

Thanks, I'll try those.
Last time I tried, it didn't fly so good.

When was that? PCSX2 has gotten pretty good recently(like, year or so).

is project cars better?

is project cars better?

Depends on how much you value having a campaign. Personally I think just doing driving and trying to get good times in rFactor 1 is more fun. That and Dirt Rally are the only sims I like to play. PC isn't bad, but it felt kind of like the tires were made of plastic to me.

AC was a decent Chris Harris simulator, but not very good at everything else. Should you want to hoon cars by yourself or hotlap it was an okay package. But racing wasn't good, AI was ass and online was quite laggy and a demo derby outside of league races (like in every other sim).

Eventually they fucked a bit with the physics and the simulation value went down, and now the even that good as a hotlapping simulator.

Pirate an early access build if you really want to hoon, or just look at something else.

Project CARS is a simcade title, if you're familar at all with NFS Shift 2 it's very similar and the dev team is mostly similar. Assetto Corsa on the other hand is a simulation title, which (obviously) the handling of vehicles in simcade will be more realistic than arcade but more forgiving than simulation.

PCARS has issues on AMD cards since it runs on Gameworks, plus it was generally sold as a simulation title but was more simcade. Assetto Corsa was sold off as the sim to beat all simulators, but it was more of a sim about hotlapping hence it being called a Chris Harris Hotlapping Simulator plus the dev team was so lazy/incompetent.

I don't have much I can criticize directly with PCARS, but for what I have with Assetto Corsa:

Honestly I'd rather take rFactor or rFactor 2 over Assetto Corsa. rFactor is 11 years old and shows its age, but it's still the standard of what a sim title should be with a large community with tons of support and mods on a game that can run on a Windows 98 computer and is $2.50 on Bundlestars. If you're fine with spending $50+ on videogames rFactor 2 is great and while expensive has a lot of new things other sims don't and (I think?) you get all the DLC content for free.

PCARS has a lot of issues, both on the handling and technical side (PC version can run randomly, especially on lower end configurations) but it's a better game. More content, somewhat more interesting (especially with the DLCs included in the GOTY edition), a singleplayer bit that isn't just a bunch of random races put together in 2 hours and is overall a more polished title.

I entered a normal street race because I'm trying to get an RX-7
Notice anything wrong?
Sorry about the shitty quality, I play on xbone and have to take photos with my phone

press xbox button twice, press Y

fortunately someone ran me over right after I took this screenshot and I evaded the fine

Okay i finally finished my fucking vittumobile after days of grueling mistakes and tears, and it performs rather well EXCEPT for one thing; How do i fucking get a higher RPM so every time i shift into another gear from neutral or when i'm slowing down, my engine doesn't fucking die? It always happen and i have to use the clutch so it doesn't die, it's annoying.

Take it to the repair shop and pay for the tune

lol

Do the tickets not get translated?

I didn't try because I understood what I had to, but since there's an english flag at the top it's possible.

Well fuck, i hope this shit won't fucking get me killed on the way to the town. Thanks.

You can tune the carb to help with this but I assume you aren't using a wheel + clutch? No matter what the car is going to have some trouble going from N-1st or slowing down too fast. I usually get the rpms up then shift.

WHAT? There was a mod for this and the devs banned it? multiplayer is the only real I haven't bought dirt yet…or the proper rally races, ya know where there are more than 1 car on the course.

Did they change something about Assetto Corsa since Early Access other than the tire model several times and a shitload of DLC? I haven't sat down with it to comb it over since late 2014.

Yes they do, it's in Finnish - English.

AC just always felt like absolute dog shit to me. Never felt even remotely realistic. As in it felt as bad, if not worse, than Project Cars.

Even outside of the graphical errors I had, the handling did always feel rough playing it. There's some things the game tries to do but utterly fails at it like trying to get leagues to play when rF1 and rF2 does it leagues better than AC. I haven't been able to compare PCARS or the GOtY DLC to AC so I can't say much about PCARS.
What I find pathetic about AC though is that it requires such an advanced version of DirectX compared to what it's doing and still ultimately can't handle more than one light source in game.

I disagree, at some point in EA around the release date it felt decent.

Nope, don't have a wheel+clutch. I don't want to buy one no matter how tempting that shit is.

Never had this issue with the van.

The van is much less of a bitch to get to go forward than the car.

Also I re-read your post and one of the reasons the engine can die when you brake is because you're locking the wheels which in turns stalls the engine.

Bunch of questions:
First off, help me remembering a game title:
It involved racing duels on highways, you had to stay ahead of the opponent for more time than him and you got different nicknames as the game went by,
Second question, aside from Initial D games what are other games whose main theme is 1 on 1 races on mountain passes? I need my dose of eurobeat and doriftos

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift and Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2

Bump

What`s everyone here racing online lately? I want to be part of it

with forza's netcode? get out of town, shit is literally unplayable.

Fuck Forza

Nothing

Some one uses you're shitty OC
Nice.

More games could use KMFDM And Reverend Horton Heat

A few of us were on the Crew for a bit since it was free but I'm pretty sure we stopped because it was shit. But yeahs it's Horizion now a days like said

Isn`t The Crew tolerable with all assists off and with a wheel?

It is, but after a while there just isn't anything to do. It's a decent alternative to TDU2, but it just turns stale.
The map is too empty for people who want proper racing, and too small for people who want to cruise. The multiplayer isn't all that great and the upgrade system is downright stupid. And co-op is a joke.

The driving is fine, but the gameplay is concentrated ass that tries to be an MMO for no fucking reason. You have to grind parts for days, and you can't even share parts you win between different types (If you win a nice part with a Street car, you can't put it on a Dirt car) which is pure bullshit since some of the parts are clearly only meant to be got by certain cars.

And even if you want to bomb around you'll constantly get into them unless you find the option to turn them off.

Also the customization is kinda lackluster. And it pushes it's DLC way too fucking hard.

Fuck, i just wanted a comfy driving game to drive around with friends and go full eurobeat

Fuck precision, fuck race lines on dirt roads, fuck trying to do jumps on a low level dirt car just to upgrade it, and fuck scramble to hell and back with a rusty pitchfork.

That's what I'm doing on Crew, I just started when Ubishit gave the game away for free. So I've taken some days to rage through skill tests, a day or 2 to drag through the story mode and rest of the time just cruising with what little there is to cruise. Why the fuck don't they have Atlanta, GA in this?! People would have so much fun with that fucked up mess of a highway.

scramble is the biggest piece of shit man. And don't tell me the crate collect bullshit isn't just scramble with a fancy bow around it. Fuck that garbage.

Can't say about the others, but I have events soon (TM) for rFactor 1.

So is PvP. You pretty much need a 1299 level car to do PvP or else you're going to lose no matter how skilled you are. There's no separate lobbies for lower classed cars.

Co-Op is a joke too since it's basically the same variant of race/scramble/time trial except with the horrible storyline. If you have someone who has 1299 level cars and rank 50 you could probably breeze through this game.

Outside of Summit events which are paid DLC, there's nothing right now for endgame content at all.

The drop system is going to get even worse in the future and especially fucks over low level people. Instead of having area specific parts drops they're removing the constraints on challenges and making everything smart loot by default. Shouldn't be too hard to guess they're going to nerf what easy ways are left to get parts fast, making the climb up to whatever the new max level is even more painful. Plus the whole way the game is set up is that players go from Midwest>East Coast>The South>Mountain States>West Coast and so there's no point for a new player to get to Los Angeles so early in the game.

The only tolerable skill of all was Escape 31 in the Rockies when you did it the "wrong" way, but I'm guessing they're going to nerf that just like jumps. Precision 20 in the east coast still works but requires a decently fast car already.

It's all grindy bullshit, and while I managed to do it during the free month it wasn't enough to keep me coming back.

I feel the same way looking at this game. According to this game landmarks such as Niagara Falls are out in the middle of absolute bumfuck nowhere and you wouldn't know there are large cities in the region at all. In fact that's how I feel looking at the majority of the East Coast.

Scramble in itself is already not fun at all, mainly because it damages your car, requires a really erratic line off road and on road, and to top it off if there are police nearby when you are doing the scramble they will start chasing you down because you're "destroying property" despite following waypoints.

The crate sections in storyline were the absolute lowest point of gameplay in the main story, since it was the shit scramble skills but with all the issues the rest of the story had such as unmemorable characters, a dumb as shit plotline, and way too much conversations and nagging.

TDU2 had some sort of storyline there but it was at least more tolerable than what this game has.

Fuck i want to get into rFactor
Any guides?
Race07 seems dead
Live for Speed is fine for now, that's what i've been playing

I'd like to do some ricing with the East Cars from RFactor, but can't be arsed to set up everything
Not to mention right now my connection is so shitty I wouldn't play properly in any case

Not sure how different Rfactor can be from Race07, since the latter is basically the former's father

No, i mean
Can i pirate it? How alive is the online?

Not sure about pirating it, but on Bundlestarts they sell it with other shit for less than 2 euros 50 that's a pretty good price

archive.is/4xaUZ
If you want to see what I mean

Oh shit thanks for the headsup

Yes, rF1 works online with a pirated copy and is extremely easy to pirate.
>Download and install rFactor: mediafire.com/download/6cddyi0sw3nhjzn/rFactorSetup1255g.exe
>Install the crack, replacing rFactor.exe in the folder: mediafire.com/download/4ynt55wcedcr3i0/rFactorWindows7Version.zip
If you're not into pirating, it's $2.50 on Bundlestars so it's dirt cheap anyway.
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/born-2-race-2-bundle

Still kicking, since it's still probably the best game for organized league events outside of rF2. While there's very little activity with vanilla content on multiplayer, there's an ocean of mods for cars and tracks available.

We have previously ran a series on rFactor involving 1980's Group A touring cars, and there's another series planned to start sometime later this year.

Fuck, i`m getting this shit, and then i`ll wait for rFactor2 to go on a deal or something

I had a Precision run where a cop spawn right in the middle of the marker. Then speaking of poor designes, I had a Scramble run that had a contruction road block spawn right on top of the marker.

Hey, one of those is me.

Thanks for coming out to the events during our first series on Holla Forums. Even if we didn't have much in numbers in the beginning it shown there were people who were interested in racing vidya on Holla Forums in the early days and that having an auto general was something we could also have.

I realize I probably sound like a massive faggot for this post but my point still stands. Without the people in this thread keeping this general alive for a year and a half now we'd still be stuck on /o/.

Is there any other rFactor event planned? Fuck i just got a wheel and i'm hyped for this shit.
It's a DFGT, might be entry level but i'm liking it very much

Yes, there is a new series planned on the weekends for Saturdays. When I start to figure out the tracklist I might try making a teaser webm for hype.

It's /o/ year babe
woo

Anyone playing Automobilista?

Just a quick heads up: The Reliant races for Horizon 3 are going to happen on Saturday Nov. 5.

I'll update on the time and tracklist once I have everything finalized.

Sometimes japs can be pretty cool.

I think that may have been me spinning out at the start too because my wheel settings always randomly decided to fuck up in that game. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing.

I might come back if this starts again. Just been busy as fuck lately.

Readying my keks

I'll try to drive it just to see how bad can it be?

is that from that driftworks ricer weeaboo documentary?

What cars will be drivan? What about rules & region it will be hosted?
I'm not autistic enough to commit to an online league but joining a race if it's short for some ricing against other humans could be fun

Remember; Max upgrades, no training wheels. It's going to be a mess.

Cars that work on club circuits. The concept behind my current tracklist selection is densely packed circuits so there's a lot of pack racing rather than picking the same tracks that have been raced to death and people spread out on.

Don't be a dick pretty much. It's a beginner series, so I plan for newcomers to show up. More details will be available when I post the details of week 1 of racing.

Northeast US. I typically set up my schedule in a way that tries to compromise with US/Europe timezones.

This series is will follow the same sort of flow OGCTM has where it is human vs human racing.

Should iterate here, by flow I also mean the duration of an event. I'm planning for start of quali to checkered flag to be about an hour long just like OGCTM was as well. Can't decide if I want to do 15 minute quali with 5 minute warmup/piss break or a 20 minute quali with no warmup and then one 40 minute long race or two 20 minute long races.

I'd go with 15m quali-piss break and two races format. I don't think it's possible to reverse the grid for the second race, but it might be fun to scramble the eggs a bit.
Since my area's connection sucks I expect massive lag, so not sure I will be able to race properly on a US host
Also if the connection didn't constantly fell forcing me to captcha every time, that would be great

There are tools for that, I have them but I've never tried a full grid reversal with them. I was previously recommended doing two 15 minute long races previously.

This game was made during the time when dial up was still a thing and DSL was just starting to be a thing for residential households. The timeout rate is set high enough that lag can be dealt with.

Yet another thread past bump limit, when it gets to page 10 I shall create a new one

>Set up Project 64 and RR64
It's okay, I didn't want to play one of my favorite racing games from my childhood anyway.

What wheel you have? You can try to set up the steering degrees in the wheel's control panel.
I had a similar issue with Initial D on the playstation 2 emulator, I kept playing it with a 900 degrees wheel despite the game being set for a 200 one

Isn't there a program that can help map wheel axis to an analog axis? like x360ce or similar?

X360ce already does that friendo

Then can't the axis be adjusted in it to make it turn sharper?

Honestly though, a game that doesn't support a wheel at all is too much of a hassle to get working with a wheel.

It's a ps2 era Logitech Driving force. The only control panel it's got is windows' unless I can find something else, which seems highly unlikely.

I've already played a bit of Type 4 but I can't get into it. I liked the lazy sideways driving of RR64 and the PSP games. It's what I know.

It's odd because the n64 had a madkatz wheel at one point. I can only imagine how horribly that went.

user, stop, you're killing me inside. I bet you even think the new mobile game is fun, too. Yeah, that's slightly closer to original RR and Rave/Rage Racer too. You can play Rage Racer with the same setup.

Shit, I didn't think there were any wheels for N64. Though if you want to play a disaster, you can play R:Racing Evolution in Dolphin and emulate a wheel. It's fun for about 3 minutes and then the centering feels totally wrong.

New thread.

but we were only on page 6 for christ's sake

You should still be able to find around the Logitech Profiler, you can use it to set your wheel and restrict its angle even lower than the 200 standard degrees

Yeah but two people are getting into it about Ridge Racer so

Fair enough.

lol