Phantasy Star Online 2

Oh so anticipated Ultimate Quest 3 came and it's casual piece of shit, just like the rest of the game. At this point I expect promised solo XQ2 to be casual as well.
How do we make PSO2 great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

phantasystaronline.net/
arks-layer.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PSO got killed by MH.
It wasn't a violent death, it was simply replaced by something people migrated to, sort of the next logical step.
Once MH started getting popular less and less people needed what PSO had to offer and they simply jumped ship to MH.

I used to play PSO back in the day, like everyone else, then i started playing MH and i simply haven't had a single reason to come back to PSO.
They're different series with a number of design differences, but the core idea behind the construction of how the games are made and why the gameplay is fun, is the same in both games, and MH simply does it better, that's all there is to it.

By playing psobb. PSO Ep 1+2+4 was always great. :^)
(I am tranmizer burnt out user from the 8/v/ pso2 guild reporting in, still playing psobb on ultima)
flood detected, reposting attempt #2

Too bad MH series is a Nintendo DS exclusive game, besides the wii one which I should still attempt to emulate later. But its only good with multiplayer so I probably won't bother.

No, you can emulate MHFU and MHP3 on PPSSPP.
In fact when it comes to MHP3 you can even emulate on PPSSPP the PS3 hd port, there's pre-translated ISOs out there.
There's a big chunk of MH players that religiously solo every MH games, but i'm not gonna lie, you gotta get really fucking gud.
Ultimately it's a series that is designed to be played in local multiplayer with other people IRL in the same room, that's the ideal setup.
But it works online just fine, especially if you have a dedicated hunting group you always run with.
And also of course a decent part of each game can be soloed even if you have average skills.

Wait, there's HUD mods for higher resolutions/widescreen?

I've been thinking about playing this again recently. What is the best server at the moment?

Nevermind, I'm retarded and I didn't see you said you're playing on Ultima. I'd still like to know what is that widescreen mod.

>expecting challenge when Kimura and Balding admitted on livestream that they can't add anything even remotely challenging because that would alienate the idiots that pay out the ass to dress up their loli and dance in the lobby

But dress up is in no way connected to gameplay. You just buy dress and dance in lobby. You can do that on level 1.
Why would such casuals care about difficult content?

There's a character on ship 4's first beginner's lobby called Ika-chan. Ika has been dancing in that same lobby for every instant the game has been online since closed alpha. To this day, Ika remains level 1. It's best not to think about some things and hope that future PSO2 private servers rebalance the game to be challenging.

I'm playing on Ephinea on hardcore, good to see other anons are still playing as well.

Meanwhile there's still people playing PSO1 on the Ultima server.

please tell me this is a lie

Yea, the game client now has an integrated widescreen HUD, just checkbox it. Ultima is still a very good server, I recommend it over anything (especially scht, dead). It has the most players, seasonal events for hunting rares (halloween now, new item came out to upgrade 4 weapons like girasole->inferno girasole has 200 more atp, s-red's blade)
If you play Ultima just message me again and i'll be sure to help get you started. There is x5 exp every few weeks that last about 4 days. It is x3 exp always until you hit 160 which is then x2. Or you can opt out and go x1 exp to 200 by typing /exp 0

Yea, there's a new feature for exp x1 rates, so its just as hardcore over here if you want. Of course drop rates are easier here though.

Hardcore as in perma death, but stash is cross character.

Sup Tranny user. Check the /vg/ thread, there was an Io meetup two weeks ago and there's lots of pictures in there.

Itms hunting was only one half of PSO. There was also the duneon crawlibg aspect, which MH and PSO2 both lack.

Goodness that was a lot of Io's, was it done with the pso world people?

Nope, it was some JP twitter post and Io's from all the ships came there, some spectators too.

No, it was organized on twitter. Apprently 10/10 is Io day.

We all met on a CQ block and I just showed up to take pictures.

PSO2 does everything PSO1 did, and does it better.

Now that is funny. Had trouble understanding the nips or you just followed them and copied moves?

Does it allow hackers to easily overwrite your character with an NPC?

You forgot your "le".

There's a 3rd party app that reads .txt chat logs and google translates them so you can understand more or less, we also had someone who speaks Japanese. Usually stuff like that goes "make it simple" because too many different people so it was quite easy for us.

Where do I download english PSO2?
I only know of PSO1 Blue Burst Ultima.
phantasystaronline.net/

Does it prevent you from making backups of your save file, while simultaneously guaranteeing your save file will corrupt? That was my favorite part I think.

Get tweaker arks-layer.com/
You might want to visit >>>/vg/19022 thread too.

In psobb Ultima server, Exp rate just hit x5 about 1 minute ago. You can get to lvl 100 in about 3 hours of TTF quests if anyone wants to play.

So uh

Do people get anything for just standing around and dancing? are people paying a monthly fee to just stand in one area and dance?

welcome to dress up simulator, current year the game. People won't like to hear this, sure it has anime character art, but this version attracted the super normalfag weebs and underaged trash. That is what you are seeing. The action and combat is fun though.

No. You're a fucking afterthought at best. Ever wonder why there's no NA PSO2? Because Sega doesn't give two fucks about weeaboos. The reason PSO2 is in its perpetually casual state is because of the Japanese players, and modern Japanese gamers are just as casual as any WoW kiddie.

No i'm saying 99% of the english population on pso2 is weeb kids that only watch anime and rarely venture into video games. I don't care about it being released to english sides, we already have full access to the game. Yes I won't forget japanese are extremely casual, actually I did forget.

That's a lie. 4/5 of pro block MPAs are as skilled as your average 711 autist, if not more.

The feel, when you will neve meet lo in real life.

Isn't Ultima pay to win? I heard they made Ultimate harder and that it's hell if you don't have paid items.

Sorry for double posting but this is what I found on Reddit from a quick Google search:

Ephinea
* PSO2 style drop system (individual drops)
* Lucky Day system (class/character based rare item drop boost)
* Hunters boost road (quest based item drop rate boost)
* Hardcore mode (one life mode)
* Sandbox mode (use commands to test out characters/items)
* English/Japanese Language support
* Milestone events (serverwide bonuses based on monster kills)
* Leaderboards and TA events
* Custom Commands
* Lobby Jukebox
* Can use modded skins for items and areas
* Shared bank by using the /bank command * Team Functions need to be unlocked
Ultima
* 3x xp boost to 165, 2x xp to 200 (can be turned off at ANYTIME)
* Custom items (added by GMs)
* Increased Rare monster rates (with adjusted starter rare drop rates)
* Buffed Ultimate mode
* Increased Max stat cap
* Donation system with rewards
* Multi Language support (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, English)
* Ability to use modded skins and /NPC command for character models (for items, areas, etc.)
* Shared Bank by using the /bank command
* All team functions are unlocked
* Custom Commands
* Mini Events that allow you to add HIT/Create or fix MAGs/Adding special to weapons
You can see there are some big differences between the servers, and they each offer some interesting things. You can keep the XP rate at x1 for both servers whenever you want, you can find ways to increase your drop rates on both servers, while the PSO2 style drop system is something that is currently unique to Ephinea, Ultima is in the process of implementing something similar (it's complete and in the testing phase right now). Ephinea has declared that they won't be releasing custom items, Ultima has a fair amount implemented in game. You can donate for items on Ultima as a way to support the server, Ephinea does not have a system for this. It's hard to call either server vanilla, given the amount of additional features added (regardless of whether they are opt in or mandatory). What your choice will finally come down to is the community; both of the games have strong communities, nice and friendly players and fun community events. If you have friends on a server I would say play there. If you are pressed for time and just want to dive in and relieve some glory days play on Ultima, as it will have the added benefit of giving a bit of longevity (not necessarily over Ephinea, just in general) in the form of an over tuned Ult mode should you find yourself wanting to stay longer. If you are interested in something with more unique features and some QoL improvements to the base game choose Ephinea. It will be slower, so make sure you have more time to invest. Both servers are great though, don't let anyone tell you one is more "vanilla" than the other, as that is absolutely false.

Honestly, I've had a much better experience in emergency quests and ultimate Amduscia than before expert blocks. Even if the players aren't terribly skilled, at least I'm not having to carry the weight of 6 people with randomly affixed, +3, extension level 3, seven star weapons.

And that counts for fucking nothing. Joining in on a late pro-block and a late scrub block for PD only results in a 5min timing difference.

Io is real in my heart.

The easiest way to get into "expert" block is to go full BrHue guren lord, the sound of guren is also the most common sound you hear in Ult Amdu…

Hm, I haven't played on Ultima in over a year. I might have to get back into it. Think the only reason I stopped was because I couldn't stand grinding for more photon drops for armor from other players. Shit's like gold.

Do you prefer PSO1 or PSO2?

PSO2 by light years. I didn't play PSO until the Shithack private server, and I had played Infinity before PSO. What I saw in PSO was a game that was surely great for its time, but had been blown out of the water by PSP2 Infinity. PSO2 has a lot of refinements from Infinity, so I prefer it in the end.

I see, that's good to know.
Meanwhile I'm playing all the old phantasy star genesis games.

At least you posted the best girl.

Try going in there with no HU sub and limit breaking. You won't even be able to survive more than 10sec, unless you're using KC or something.

I don't agree with that sort of design where you can't get through it with skill, where you can just turn off your brain and spam right click so long as you have HU sub and everything else is punished.

Kohri is alright.

Running as Fi/Hu without automates and iron will usually results in me dying 0-2 times per run because I'm lazy fuck. With knuckles that is.
With all the invul frames daggers/sabers give you can be both lazy and unkillable.

Ever heard of custom difficulty? During 8-16 bit era it was option in menus. Now it is different ways to play the game. I bet you're the same type of player who cheeses Dark Souls with pyromancy and then cries about artificial difficulty because you can't cheese it in the same way with halberd.
Automate is just easy mode. Don't like it? Don't use it.

That's what people do so you get a whole fucking bunch of trash mobs running around hitting people, laser crystals hitting them again, some of people dying to that because they are not Hues and timer staying above 7 minutes. Hu sub with automate/IW isn't a problem, people who think that's all they ever need that and guren are.
Also
Because all that AoE is really needed against the boss and not the trash before it…

I don't believe you. Let's see a knuckle only LB always on run later when you log on milk and we'll see how much you die.

I agree, automate and iron will aren't the problem. The real problem is the way the run is designed, with attack spam everywhere, there's no thought to it.

Though, if SEGA made either automate or iron will a HU mainclass only skill I wouldn't complain.

What kind of arbitrary rule is that? Why do you need LB when you clear out mobs? Or some particularly annoying boss like Leon?
Spamming shit is a red flag of a casual you half-assed jew, no matter what specific shit you're spamming.
I need more Kohri art.

This is my last Kohri pic.

We had to pug PD and the whole thing bugged out on us.

Here's a small sample of the insanity where PD crashed into the platform and got stuck there for 10sec.

You should s-spoiler that

Ultima has 'pso2 drop style' individual drops. It came out about 4 months ago, but no one uses it because you, effectively, have a worse chance to get a rare drop because of the forced lower drop rate of the system. Drop Anything Rate decreases by 4, so its now 4 times harder for you to get a rare drop. No one uses it in Ephinea because they implemented the same % reduction, its atleast twice as hard to get drops with that system. tldr; 'pso2 individual drop style' Its bull and no one uses it.
Both servers have custom items. Yes the big difference in Ultima is that the monsters are actually buffed with higher evp, so your weps need hit % if you wanna min max and have your special attacks not missing. The problem is in order to buff your weapons/armor, you need either 99 photon drops or donation tickets. I ended up hunting rare event items/weapons and selling those to get dts/PD's. Didn't spend a dollar, but it will take you about a year playing to acquire maxed % on your endgame weapons. I can help you get started and it will probably take only a few months knowing what ID's to hunt for quick PD gains. I agree with most of that last paragraph.
tldr again; Just hunt during happy hours (x3 rare drop rate) once a day and you can reach endgame quick.

I'm never going back

Well, it does stem from original RPG mechanics like a roll of dice. Do you hit? Checking… hit/miss. Its not that bad, you get to lvl 160+ and wear an ATA unit you won't miss. (According to the equation) In combo attacks, first strike has the lowest ATA, second strike has a higher chance, third strike has the highest ATA bonus. So just do normal->strong->special or mix it up. All enemies still die in 1 or 2 combos. If it isn't fun for you that's ok, don't play. Also FO's don't miss with techs. I've got a spare account with lvl 150 HU's and a 100 FO if you wanna try again.

My problem is that most of those game were fun despite this one mechanic I absolutely hate. You just had to deal with it because the rest of the game is enjoyable.

I'm pretty much getting started in PSOBBU.

just tell me your room name and i'll join to help you lvl quick/get armor etc.

I don't think you understand the dropsystem those servers use

What do you mean, do you want me to fully explain it or simply point to you the link where they implemented it and there's discussion of it?
https:// www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/27060-individual-drops-pso2-drop-style/#comment-156768
The old pso style is "Shared drop" in which all 4 players see one item drop, and only 1 player can pick it up.
The new opt-in style is "individual drop" where each client has an item drop for him, and no other clients can see or pick it up. The downside to this style is that they lowered the drop rate to 25% of what it originally is for everything so that you won't have people multi-logging 4 players and getting 400% the chance than 'shared' style.

I know they say never stick your dick in crazy, but I really, really want to stick my dick between those crazy tits.

I think it's more like people are actually playing game and discuss shit in game.

smh

Yeah, but there are other more austistic games like dorf fort that Holla Forums absolutely loves.

There's a bit less people than the usual these days. I think people are burnt out from the ToT EQ.

Lisa is best girl.

She's a robot.

bump