Since the last thread was a success, lets continue. Haven't had these in a long time...

Since the last thread was a success, lets continue. Haven't had these in a long time. Posting rare lore from the last thread.
TES discussion, lore centered. No MISS MISS MISS or WAIFU talk, this isn't a Morrowind general and a waifu thread is already up.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/morrowind-house-wars
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Beram_Journal
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Awesome, I have quite a bit myself now as well. Question though about the argonians themselves. The entire reality is just a dream inside a god's head. However as for the hist, we are not completely sure of their origin, could it be that the duality of the world is due to the god's left and right brain. If this is the case, could it be that the hist, and the argonians are part of the so called "reptilian" part of the brain?

And here is some cool stuff from the furries of oblivion. Don't try to deny it, you know it's true.

Nice, but don't spam 40+ pics. Post something to focus the potential discussion.

I don't think it is. The duality is between Anu and Padomay. Hist can potentially be the observer, blinded and unable to leave the dream.

Let's keep going with Argonians then. I'm terrible when it comes to interpreting obscure loreshit, but from what I gather from the first pic the Hist don't rely on Argonians so much as they rely on their souls. So an Argonian born outside Black Marsh with a non-Argonian soul is useless to them? After all, the Hist can't take direct hivemind control of an Argonian unless it's in the Marsh, if I understand this correctly. If that's the case, can the Hist's little plans be stopped if there was a Pelinal-like genocide-crazy god-creation who had a shit load of black soul gems? It sounds stupid now that I typed it out but that's the first thing I thought of when reading that

Isn't the closest thing to truth we have is that the Hist are from a previous kalpa? If so then they would have had to come from the godhead's imagination. I'm not sure what we're trying to figure out here, since EVERYTHING in ANY existence would have to come from the godhead right?

sage for double post and my retardery

I don't think the hist rely on the argonians for anything really, but the Hist are what recycle argonian souls to be used again seemingly independent of the dreamsleeve. But if an argonian is born outside blackmarsh it receives a regular soul from the dreamsleeve. They are not true argonians then.

We don't really know where they come from at all, the most obscure beings in TeS are the elder council, and the hist.

convince me to play skyrim
the base gameplay is fun enough for me with a few mods
but the game gets boring in a few hours
now i'm fighting the urge to reinstall it to mess around with some new mods, because i know i'll fix shit for a whole day and then play the game for a few hours

Why not just download morrowind?

i don't like the graphics/animations/lack of ragdolls

Look at this N'wah

Since we're in a lore thread, there's some very worthwhile lore to be found in Skyrim. Other than that the gameplay is shit, dungeons are shit, cities are shit, quests are boring, faction questlines are short, etc.

Basically just slog your way through the game and the Dragonborn DLC once and then never touch it again.

It seems skyrim is only bearable if you add mods that lets you screw around in fun ways instead of playing the game. Kind of sad…

That's right, the hivemind only works in close proximity. The further away from marsh they go, Argonians feel the call of the Hist less.
This is not to say they reject it. They may decide to leave for various reasons, but when time to act and defend Black Marsh from the Oblivion Crisis, almost all Argonians came back. They heard the call of the Hist and decided to return of their own accord. This suggests that they can return anytime and that their reasons for living outside of Black Marsh are far more complex than mere rejection of the Hist. Sure, I guess some stayed to protect their new homelands or never want to deal with their old masters. But the vast majority still showed allegiance to the Hist, be it out of fear for their life on Tamriel or love for homeland.

As for the Hist relying on Argonians or their souls, I can't help you there. You'll have to sort it in your head canon. Argonians certainly are their lackies, eyes and ears in many ways. But whether the Hist takes something out of their soul upon death, is unknown. They might absorb knowledge accumulated during argonian's lifetime before recycling the soul or they might just get that info telepathically and just maintain Argonian reincarnation as a natural part of their un-world. Maybe it's something else. Nobody knows.

Whether an argonian born outside of Black Marsh without tasting the Hist is useless… I wouldn't bet on it. I guess his soul not being immediately doomed (or blessed if you're into the Hist) makes sense. But I'd also argue he still retains some connection to the Hist by the virtue of being a lizard from Black Marsh, even if mentally untainted.
Also, remember what Kirkbride said:
What this basically means is that all life proceeding from the Hist is a lesser version, or a copy or an echo if you will, of the Hist. Thus, it's not neccessary to physically be the Hist if your essence and/or reason has been touched by them and work towards their goal. That their otherworldly ideas, agendas and being can assimilate Tamrielic mass is the big takeaway from this.

I don't think you can stop the Hist by being of Tamriel. You'd have to be touched by their world and do some crazy shit from inside, like you always have to in TES games.

The Hist are not merely from a previous kalpa. They're from many kalpas ago (there's 13 in total by now if I recall correctly). This allows for the possibility that their pedigre is much older than simply creation of Mundus. Might be the observer to the fight of Anu and Padomay for all we know.
And yes, evertything comes from Godhead's dream. With the Hist problem lies more in how not of the dream they are since their creation was an attempt to break out and create outside the dream.

fuck off and take your broken nostalgia goggles with you

My first TES game was Skyrim.
I played Morrowind after Skyrim and Oblivion and think it's the best of the bunch.
Where's my nostalgia goggles at, though?

they're up your ass, that's why you can't see straight, dipshit

Here, we see the modern butthurt bethesdrone in his natural habitat: shitposting out of sheer jealously towards people who are capable of enjoying deep games in between sessions of jerking off to Skyrim loli mods.

Fuck off normalfag, you should be busy saving up to buy super skyrim ultra edition for your xbone

Now, to stir up some dialogue, what are the best races gameplay and/or lore-wise?

The best race is ayy lmao nexus anime waifus

wew lad

For my actual gameplay style, I like Redguard the best because I tend to try and sneak around but fail, and Redguards have good agility for stealth but can also fight their way out of a jam when needed.
For roleplaying, my favorites are Imperial and Argonian. Imperial because I like to join Hlaalu and jew everyone with my high personality. Argonian because I like to swim through the canals of Vivec.

I really can't single out any species that is so superior to others. Bosmer, did get the short end of the stick though. But then again, you can't win against them in their home province - but only home province.

Colovian Imperials are great warriors and perfect bureocrats, Nibenay Imperials are good mages, great traders and great religious leaders. From a lore perspective, they're definitely the profilic easy mode, but noble and deserving choice.

Redguards have some of the most interesting lore, it's a shame we don't ever see swordsingers.
For gameplay I usually go with Altmer or Bretons, since I go for full magic all the time.
Lore-wise, it's either Altmer, Breton, or Dunmer.

The Altmer, of course. :^)

Are Altmer really good for anything, though? They're decadent (or were in time of Oblivion, the guide says younglings hate the old and started destroying culture everywhere) and can't invent anything. They're only good for digging up superror Aldmer tech lost to time.

It's the typical "we're the longest lived, therefore most superior" frame of mind.
Not to mention that I like how their society is organized according to the lore (almost like Plato's Republic, but the castes are permanent instead of being permeable).

you wanted to fit in with the Holla Forums clique, so you nodded off on how unique Morrowhine was after discovering that is what you're supposed to like in these parts. Since then, nostalgia goggles have been stapled to your face, poor baby

as someone who has only played Skyrim (yes, I'll kill myself later), were the Altmer as fucking obnoxious in the other games as well?
I tried my second play through as an Altmer Mage, hoping for some nice, leading both Imperials and Nords on action, but all the Aldmeri guys were still little shits.
And then I discovered Skyrim has zero replay value as there is absolutely no reason not to do every single quest and become leader of every guild and shit because fuck decisions

here we see the Holla Forums mouth-breather in his natural habitat, vigorously denying anything made since 2000 is a good game. Only real games were made before 2000

No more obnoxious than the other elves.
But then again, when you've lived for hundreds of years and seen "perfection" enough to spot further mistakes, one would become irritated when some human comes along and presents his armor/research/stories as "the best".
For Skyrim, I think it's not so much Altmer but rather the Thalmor that come off as super obnoxious (and from what I understand, other Altmer aren't terribly fond of them either).

Now those are some far-flung implications there, friend. Allow me to break each piece down and refute you properly.
Perhaps you can tell me who this "Holla Forums clique" is, because I come across varying opinions about Morrowind on here.
Also, thanks for assuming my praise of Morrowind is in an attempt to "fit in" despite any actual evidence.
You assume I played Morrowind after my interactions with other people here on Holla Forums.
As for Morrowind being "unique", how do you mean? It's not unique in story, since it's built on the lore of the previous two games (Arena and Daggerfall), nor is it unique in class systems (much of them are common to fantasy RPGs the world over).
I enjoy Morrowind because it retains elements that still make it an RPG, rather than a First-person action game with a veneer of role-playing.
Alright, the word "nostalgia" gets thrown around so often, perhaps it's time to provide the actual definition of it.
According to Merriam-Webster, Nostalgia has two definitions:
1) The state of being homesick
2) A wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition

The first definition doesn't apply here, so let's discuss the second.
For myself, Morrowind is the most recent game from TES that I've played. By virtue of chronology, I cannot be nostalgic about Morrowind.
I may enjoy it's game structure more, but I don't get weepy-eyed at how Oblivion and Skyrim aren't like it. There are things Morrowind doesn't do well, but I happen to find it better than the next to games.

Is it that difficult for you to comprehend someone who likes Morrowind without being nostalgic?
Then again, you may very well be a shitposter, which is entirely within the character of your posts so far.

Would you like to address this inconsistency here, or would you rather continue your shitposting?

hehe, look at me virtue-signaling to the Holla Forums group think, look at how cool I am, see? I'm really one of you because I dissed Skyrim like everyone else here. Hehe, I'm a really serious TES fan and depthful thinker. Only deep people play deep games like Morrowhine.

its called sarcasm, you stupid fuck

Now that's some stellar posting, my friend.
How about you actually attempt to answer my post in full rather than post memes?

the last part. But your assblast is spiraling out of control so badly that you're going autistic with walls of Reddit and losing site of the way Holla Forums groupthinks, deliberately because you know you're wrong, so you leave that part out

are you really this stupid or are your blind with rage?

Just filter that faggot. I know watching a retard is fun, but it's no different than watching animals at a zoo.

"

this is the stupid fuck that wants "actual evidence" on an anonymous imageboard

I'm actually fairly calm.
The only one here with any sense of anger is you, especially with this eponymous "Holla Forums clique".
So let me get this straight, actually arguing and debating properly is "Reddit"?
user, please. You give Reddit too much credit. I can't help it if you're attention span is so low you can't be bothered to read a few paragraphs. Maybe that's part of the reason you can't stand Morrowind.
In addition, you still haven't told me what the "Holla Forums clique" is, nor have you told me what their groupthink is.
Nope. You haven't demonstrated in any way that I'm wrong.
Until you do so, I'm afraid you're just an angry little man on a mongolian wood-carving board.
You, I don't just only post memes, I also post substance.
It's called "thinking before posting". You might profit from it every now and then, it's quite exciting.

I will in a bit. I'm curious to see how far he'll go.

You know very well, he will only go as far as you do…

pat yourself on the back, you are a complete, utter dumbass.

Then we'll go as far as humanly possible.

I like it

so the elder council are the true jews.

No thanks, Kirkbride, I'd rather just have no answer than "anything I can come up with is right!"

Their creation? I'm pretty sure there's no information on how they were created, so no matter what they are or where they come from they are most certainly a product of the dream. Nothing but the godhead and whatever other gods may have been its contemporaries are from outside the dream right?

Have another (You) you baiting faggot

They really are

I'd also like to add that the Dwemer also attempted to break out and create outside the dream, but they were most certainly a part of the dream as well

Their creation, as in what they created.

Ok you made me want to look it up. Here is some additional lich tidbits. The First lich according to all accounts was Manimarco, however Molag Bol apparently had liches under his command before that. However after looking, it could be that there is a difference between liches like manimarco, and the ones you can summon. Manimarco being a true Lich, where as these other liches are just powerful undead nothing more. Also during the quest where you steal the sands of resolve, it is revealed that shattering a liches phylactery will not kill it as it only serves as a way to become a lich and is useless there after. And finally Barilzar who is also a lich is said to have been cursed, he didn't become a lich himself. Interesting

The moral ambiguity of Ulfric Stormcloak's story is reasonably interesting but that's pretty much it. They totally missed the opportunity to go into depth about the towers since one of them is High Hrothgar but the only thing of importance that they showed there was the retarded bit about going back in time to learn Dragonrend and fighting Alduin there.

They also didn't go into the duality of Alduin and the Dragonborn (they are both the same entity so the whole plot is about killing part of yourself), it was just "bleeeh Alduin is evil dragon he gon eat the wurld!!!!"

Now the Dragonborn expansion on the other hand was apparently quite good since Micheal Kirkbride was consulted quite a bit during its creation, but I haven't played it yet so I can't say for sure.

I'm in mostly the same situation as that user and I agree, Morrowind is clearly the best (I did Oblivion -> Skyrim -> Morrowind -> Daggerfall though)

Now that we've got these threads going again, might as well play some Morrowind. I made this character for the purpose of beating the game as a necromancer with the blasphemous revenants mod. By the time I storm Dagoth Ur, I should have a small army of weird undead companions.
I have a bunch of other mods installed (all lore-friendly) that never get talked about around here. So I'll shill them, too, as I share my progress.
So far, I hopped off the boat and fucked over Fargoth.

How can someone be this autistic about a shit video game series?

Good, fuck Fargoth. Smarmy little shit. What other mods you using?

Here's your (You)

Goddammit, didn't mean to sage

because the very moment you throw TES metaphysics to the surface of a TES games, the casuals get confused and scamper off for something simpler to comprehend

the thalmor are, at the end of the day, a bunch of crazy cult zealots who've now gained the power to rule their people

and by "crazy cult zealots" i mean the kinds that do brainwashing and indoctrination and ritualistic suicide, except it's ritualistic MURDER because they intend to unmake the Mundus via severing Lorkhan's greatest connections to it (Talos/Tiber Septim, the mannish races, presumably blowing up Ada-Mantia) as they see all of reality and creation as not only a curse, but a trap that destroys your divine lineage to the et'ada

tl;dr they're a bunch of crazy fags

now here's some cosmology and other lore things

NOM
Princess Stomper's Holiday Mod
abot's silt striders and boats

All I can remember off the top of my head. Will be reminded as I play. And I'll probably be adding more as I go along.

and there's not a lot left i could post since most of it is already in this thread anways

I want to see Akulakhan vs Numidium action. Even if it's just a short 2-5 minutes Japanese mecha cartoon.

Please help me, Todd.

What are some cool mods that y'all use outside of what I've got here:
I'm fine with any kind of suggestion really, be it gameplay, gwafix, sound, or of course content. I got into making mods around the time of Skyrim but I never went back and tried to do so with Morrowind. I'd like to have a good understanding of great mods the community has already made before the time OpenCS surpasses the Construction Set.

Also I'd love to use Morrowind Watercolored but I don't want to use it unless it's compatible with all the mods above, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'd recommend the ones I listed right above but I haven't played through all of them yet so take the recommendation with a grain of salt.

the fuck is that pic?

I do hope everyone here posts at >>>/tes/. It's a slow board, but not dead.

i'd post, but i've nothing solid to contribute

polite sage due to contributing nothing to the thread

You should still be able to use Morrowind Watercolored as I think it's just a texture mod. Just be sure to install it first before the other ones so you can use it as a base, because I'm pretty sure Darknut's GDR comes with it's own dwemer ruin textures which are fucking awesome. Also since you're using Versus Vivec you may as well get Voiced Vivec and Yakkity Yagrum to give your favorite hermaphrodite and ancient neckbeard the voices that were cut out of the game.

Is that meant to be Numidium? It doesn't quite look like Akulakhan. Also Numidium would kick Akulakhan's shit in because its skin is comprised of the entirety of the Dwemer race, while Akulakhan doesn't have the heart of Lorkhan anymore and it was created by a tryhard edgy faggot

Have Tamriel Rebuilt. Was considering installing Sotha Sil so might as well do that. A couple of those other ones I had and could reinstall.

I'll be sharing my progress mainly because I want to show people the necromancy process in blasphemous revenants, which is very cool. But anything mod related that I experience I will post.

What would you guys say is the most fun Morrowind class?

Then what's the most fun custom set up?

I like Alteration for fun spells like Levitation and Absorb. Spears are also fun because spears

I was supposed to post something here but I forgot what it was.

pump everything into marksman and sneak
morrowind has an RNG system, so if you go melee you'll stand there swinging a lot. Nothing felt better than after I picked up a bow and started headshotting niggers out my way instantly instead of having to wail on them for five minutes straight

Thanks user. I'll do that.

Ranged attacks still male an accuracy check to see if you hit them, even if the projectile hits

But it is still much easier to hit though. Enchanted projectiles are fucking brutal.

But it uses the exact same accuracy check as melee

Is there a TES mod for Warband?

Stopped at a tavern for some lunch. An onion soup and some chicken. A little taste of home out here in niggerville.

You should at least play Morrowind, it's a lot of fun. Joining certain guilds/factions will make other guilds/factions hate you, so you'd probably appreciate that.

What's your class faggot, it better be stealth archery

Have you tried reading over all of the attributes very carefully?

>mod for a game that has no horse combat

I tried to check the previous thread to see if anyone answered my questions but I don't think it is around any more.

Since then I read more and all my questions strive for making linearity out of the non-linearity of the Dawn Era.
Other questions seem to be trying to find a canon interpretation and was then told multiple interpretations are true.

Questions:
Why did some Ehlnofey turn into "stabalizing elements" of Nirn while others turning into more conventional living creatures?

Why did some turn into men while others turned into mer?

If mer came from Ehlnofey who simply had more divinity in them than why did they need to turn into mer instead of draging out their divinity as long as they could until eventually becoming men themselves?

Lastly why did the ones who turned into men not turn into a single race of men?

#OpenBordersForSummerset

Actually no, the Hist are from the previous dream, at least according to MK.

The Dreugh are from the previous Kalpa.
The Hist as such as so alien to our world that concepts such as time (that exist in every kalpa that we know of ) have no meaning to them.
This is also why they require the Argonians to rudimentary function in this world, as the Argonians are created from animals native to this dream.

The Hist rely on the argonians to interact with the rest of the world.
In the war of the Ehlnofey, the Ehlnofey cut down the hist to make weapons out o ftheir sap, tho if someone could find me the source of that i would be realy glad since i dont quite recall it.

either way the Hist seemingly realized that this dream is too dangerous to live in as trees, so they created the Argonians from tree dwelling lizards. The argonians are essentialy a missing link between the hist and the rest of the aurbis.

Note that the theory of non hist born argonians recieve souls from the dreamsleeve is conjecture made by lorumites on Memospore.
There was also the debate wether or not argonian souls can rejoin the Hist if they die outside of Black marsh.
This was used as a justification for the actions of the Archein tribe, who sell argonians into slavery, the argument goes that the Archein in this way attempt to remove "Weak" souls from the Histsleeve by carting them into dunmer land.

The Argonian Souls returning to the Hist is, as far as i remember, was implied in Oblivion.
It was later confirmed in Keyes novel.
If you take ESO seriously (which after orsinium i think you should at least to some degree) then it is confirmed that the Hist not only keep Argonian souls but that they also distribute these souls among other argonians, essentialy recycling them.
There is a realy interresting piece of lore from an unreleased piece of DLC (for ESO so be cautious) that implies that the reason Argonians dont do large scale wars amongst themselves (only skirmishes) is because of the possibility that their dead get resurrected in the enemy tribe.

Also remember that Kirkbride is not an authority on Argonians and has compared the concept of them to otherkin, presumably because he was posting on reddit.

We do not know the original Godhead, we know the current Godhead of the dream that TES inhabits is Anu, the original Anu that is, while the Anu in our dream is his reflection.
Anu as such as the Original Amaranth of the current dream.

C0DA was a fucking mistake.

Thats what we get from hero worshipping MK.
His lore is good but others have also created good lore such as Kuhlmann.

C0DA on the other hand is pure autism, its a justification for people to not be internally consistent.
Monkey truth has always existed in tes lore.
The difference was that with monkey truth you needed evidence. You couldnt say "Dumac was an ORc" you had to prove why Dumac was indeed the Dwarf Orc.
but C0DA was swallowed whole by the reddit community and they ran away with it.
leading to such nonsense as "Akavir is the future kalpa" and "Yokuda is the previous kalpa" and everyone is writing their own retarded c0da now.

I prefere my TES lore with internal consistency and some deference to the established lore.

I hope you enjoy GOING FAST while stabbing people in the eye.

Can HoonDing smash the Adamantine Tower to make way for a new Kalpa?

My guess is that some of them were naturally stronger than others (men, mer > animals) and some of them made bad decisions that degraded them a lot thru time. (mer)
Some of them commited more fully to the project and became more important (8 divines). And some of them fucked up (Bosmer, Khajiit), but got uplifted with daedra (Azura) or aedra (Y'fre).

The essence of man is in sync with the nature of the world. It's about a new beast rising with a new nature.
Elves whined about their past and rejected change at all, which is why they're withering and at odds with the world.
Exceptions being based Dunmer who embody the metaphysics of Man and strange Redguards who are stuck in the past, but not anal about it as elves.

It's about the point of view. They don't think men are right. Mer think, altmer, snow elf and ayleid primarily, but other elves besides khajiit too, that Lorkhan is a trickster and world a prison without reason. There's no incentive to walk the path of men.

Variations and changes always happen. You can't expect everyone who lived differently to turn out the same.

This is a code sentence only fags who don't understand it use to dismiss an important work that ties TES metaphysics into a neat bow. Which is strange since your last post was very good.

You give c0da too much credit.
What c0da does for that always existed.
The idea of a new amaranth didnt require the creativeley bankrupt american pop culture laden abortion that was c0da.
And im fairly sure that at least a fair sized part of the lore community agrees with my assesment of c0da.

not everything thats weird is good. No fighting TV programs wasnt interresting. Lyg was interresting.

TES metaphysics did not need to be tied together they already were that, and they werent the work of MK alone anyway.

This whole thing reminds me of the time the entire lore community was all about the idea that yokuda was a previous dream till MK himself put a lid on that because it would imply redguards arent humans.
Some things appear good on the outside but are extremley vapid on the inside and c0da is just that.
Its lovingly crafted drivel, laden with internal memes like "TALOS IS A VIRUS" and Lorkatosh.
Cant say that im a big fan of the world building it did either. Masser couldve been cooler than that.

So no, im not ignorant, i just dont like a thing that you might like. And my reasons for not liking is are primarily the way it handled its own story and secondarily the resulting community autism that you cannot deny even if you assume the best of intentions.

I've thought something slightly similar and slightly different - different in where the Hist come from and how the Argonians relate to it.

First of all, I've got some idea of the Godhead/Dreamer/Dream being ever so slightly networked - that it is possible for connections to be made between Godheads/Dreamers/Dreams; this sort of thing would be what the "adjacent places" mentioned in a couple of the lessons of Vivec refer to. I then see the Hist as being a network entity that has spread or duplicated itself into the Godhead/Dreamer/Dream we know in The Elder Scrolls with the intent of mapping it out; of archiving it - for preservation's sake or, as posited in Argonians.png, so that new Godheads/Dreamers/Dreams might incorporate elements of their forebears directly.

Argonians - and not specifically the lizardpeople most often referred to in saying 'Argonian'; any Man, Mer, etc may qualify - are those who have inducted (or, rather, connected) themselves into this network, and from there who are in constant contact with it or via it (this might be via the Dreamsleeve, ala memospore transmission, or might be via something more esoteric - the soul 'becoming part of the Hist' as proposed in Argonians.png, for instance, although as far as that sort thing goes I've always just thought of memory backups, etc, rather than anything really invoking a discussion of a soul) and so end up taking, pardon me, a somewhat similar role in its 'hivemind' to that of a Holla Forums poster in the Holla Forums 'hivemind'. That they might be thought of from there as having actually subsumed themselves before what one would traditionally call a 'hivemind' - well, that's a pretty common thing said about imageboard posters, isn't it?

Anyway, I hadn't thought at all about the idea of the actual swamp of the Black Marsh having any importance to the Hist, however, and regarding the note on Argonians living in mud huts I'll say that I tend to just not take the depictions of architecture, etc, presented in the actual Elder Scrolls series as being very well representative of what things would actually be like in the setting - this is a setting with a scientific corpus well surpassing that of [current year] Earth, where people live for centuries, and where space/time as we know it tends to get treated as a plaything, and this is a dimension-hopping network entity incorporating the (near-to-)combined intellect of (probably) every universe it comes across. Mud huts seem a bit demeaning for such a society whose competitors (on whom it likely has a many-thousand-year advantage, or whatever the equivalent might be given a less linear model of space/time) deal in fourth-dimensional cities of poetry.

I think your assessment is a meme because that's not what c0da is.
c0da is the dragon uncoiling, Dwemer arc wrapping up, Nerevarine and Vivec story tied up, Talos and Hist interacting with the world. The definition of trascendental Love. That's what c0da is. And you explain it as lol so randum XD pop references. Your opinion is worthless until you stop memeing.

This is the only clear argument against c0da in your whole post. And it's an opinion that can be discussed.

I disagree. It's a unique setting I'm dying to get a game in. Alas, it's not going to happen. It's a natural extension of magitech imperials used to fly to the moons and dust walkers Telvanni programed in Morrowind. It also ties in Sotha Sil and Memory is just a brilliant addition to Nir and the missing water god.

The rest of what you wrote is ranting at leddit for being ledditl. Yes and? It's not c0da's fault that leddit is shit. And if you think it is, does that mean you frequented it before?

Christ, that post's a gigantic mess. You guys still get what I'm trying to share of my own homebrew here?

That's a fascinating idea, but I have two problems with it. First one is, have we ever seen or confirmed places outside this Dream? Because I don't think we have. Closest we do is the creation of Hist, but otherwise, where are the examples?
This leads to a question that opens up the second problem - how do you reach it? Or on a fundamental level, how do you even describe it? The idea of the Void and Sithis always rubbed me the wrong way. is the Void just a manifestation of Sithis within the Dream or is it non-existent-nothing-that-doesn't-exist-because-boundary-of-the-dream-is-final?
I think it's both, depending on who's talking from which position. If this is the case, then we don't have a good vocabulary to describe the properties of TES world. But okay, lets say I agree with you and we do run with it and say Void is the boundary between Dreams. That would mean the nature of the Hist really is the Void, Sithis. I don't know how this can be if we consider anything any lore disregarding Black Marsh said. It also threatens to cheapen the finite totality of a single Dream, which is bad.

I'm rambling here and my conclusion is, I don't fucking know.

There is, actually, although it's a very early WIP that's very likely abandoned
moddb.com/mods/morrowind-house-wars

No, that was not that. The tatterdemallion project did that far better, i admit it was never finished but the lore was far superior and if MK had not intervened because of his c0da stuff there would have been a lot of Masser lore now.

What do you mean? Tatterdemallion failed because the team decided they didn't have the resources to do it, not because MK ruined it.

It would not have been limited to secunda. There was Tons of Masser lore planned but MK chimed in and demand changes, then Made promises He didnt keep

I don't really have much more in the way of in-depth discussion to add (and frankly I think my familiarity with the lore of TES is lacking anyway - certainly the way I speak of TES is going to diverge from the way you speak of it here), but regarding the question of "how do you reach another Dream?" Well, I've had a couple of idle musings regarding what space/time beyond a Dream might be like: What came naturally to me in thinking about these ideas of Dream networking was simply to think of Dreams/Godheads/Dreamers as portable computers with Wifi or Bluetooth interfaces, passing each-other by every now and then as their owners wander - only, y'know, with all the Earth terminology swapped out if such is needed for one's comprehension. Alternatively, one might think of a higher dimensional overGodhead or overDream with Godheads/Dreamers/Dreams as pockets of space within its… space, sort of like what in Gnosticism the "true god" would be to the demiurge, or as a higher-dimensional macrocosm of the sort of thing we see with Mundus as a pocket of space within Aetherius.

Reminder that Argonians > human races > shitelf scum > furry faggots

If that's the case, and probably is, then it's not real gnosticism because the Demiurge is a fake and not really god.

Fancy words.
You still have to accept that the randumb pop culture references are there too and they dont add th the expirience.

the dragon uncoiling. good but only with the lorkatosh aspect of it. Talos interacting with the rest of the world as a stereotypical depiction of a nord. Ok i get the joke i made the same once but i wouldnt find that revolutionary, the hist send a tree, reinforcing Mks idea that the hist are not physical things, which i disagree with personally.

and as ive said before just to iterate more on that: That setting exists, the game doesnt because quite frankly the money and the people just werent there.
and i think what has been created as a result of the original Masser project (before it became tatterdemallion and was made public) was superior to what c0da made of the Moon.
c0da completley skirts the madness field which Mk himself invented in the second swordmeeting, it replaces the idea of constant (but never permanent) decay with the idea of the Wurm eating away at it, which again is fine for the lorkatosh thing but for a story it just isnt as all encompassing as the decay field was.

Traveling between dreams is tricky because each dream is precedet by a previous one and potentially succeeded by one or more.
To escape a dream and travel to the previous one the dreamer would have to wake up, at least partially wake up.

To enter the successing dream you would have to enter the mind of the dreamer.
This could be done by simply beeing remembered by him, as such a copy of you (or a memory more correctly) existing in his dream or literaly entering his dream, as for the latter you probably have to ask the Hist since they are the only ones of whom we can asses that they were successfull in such a venture.

Even Skyrim is better than Morrowind

goddamn hipsters

Here is your (you)

A bit disapointed tbh

Imperial don't really do anything cool that is why…

I like Dunmer and Breton the best. If I was incarnated in TES universe I'd pick Dunmer probably. I think with my long lifespan I'd be able to become like Divayth fyr.

He's probably the coolest dude in TES universe.

But they do. They keep/kept the largest empire ever for 500 years and have two thousand years of history.
They're very diverse. Pick Colovian and you can be posh and aloof or practical and autistic, a noble warrior or a self righteous bureocrat. Pick Nibenay and you can be a bohemian or a crazy adventurer, a merchant or a mad wizard. Join the imperial legion or a crazy cult. Conquer or Zero Sum. Go the the moon famalan.

God, the Oblivion argonians looked fucking retarded.

No cool inherent bonuses I mean. Talking to people well is a good skill but… I'd rather be able to levitate and destroy towns with arcane power, if I want to talk well I'll make a ring.

Fucking newfags
>>>/back/

Speaking of, fucking kill yourself, you casual scumbag.

Reminder that the very purpose of Argonians is to be slaves to tree beings. They are nothing without their masters.

What

Beats being ruled by daedra scum, shitelf.

No fur here, cat.

Fans of the older ES that still support Bethesda by purchasing its products and/or making mods for its newer titles are the biggest cucks.

Answer me this, lorefags. Why should I give a shit about the lore of a magical world that still haven't managed to move pass medieval technology in more than 5 games? Yes, you have soul destroying Dwarven tech but everyone seems content with shitting on straw. Also, fuck race politics. It seems to be the only real politics that fantasy setting like these ever really get into. Hurr durr us elves r soopearyor! Just build a fucking bomb nuke the knife-eared bastards already. Where are potions assembly line? Don't these assholes ever make anything new? Why is all of the good stuff ancient tech or made by gods or lesser gods?

Just let the fucking series die already.

You can make this argument for any fantasy series with more than one game, though
If you want to play sci fi, go and play sci fi.

Is this bait?

Also

its simulating the middle east

Yeah, Fallout has to look the bombs just fell because it is a post-apocalyptic setting.

I can give zero shits about saving the world in Skyrim.

No the point is that the advancement you are looking for already exists it just doesnt look like what you expect it to,a lso because you play todd howards shit games and expect anything.

This is a lore thread. Go sperg about skyrim somewhere else.

I wonder why.

I don't know much about the lore so it might sound retarded, but what if the player has CHIM? As in, the player himself, not the player character.
You have mods, console commands, saves and all kind of reality-bending shit, plus you look at it from the outside, knowing that it isn't reality.
Isn't that pretty much what CHIM is?

More bait?
No this is not what CHIM is at all.

CHIM or any of the lore for that matter is not related to game mechanics or the fact that the world is represented as a video game.

CHIM is something not nearly as important as people make it out to be.
It is realizing that the world you live in is a dream and as such you are part of the dreamer. Essentialy lucid dreaming.

But realy it is not nearly as big a deal as people make it out to be.

kek

This is fair. The neat alien world Morrowind had going was pretty slick.

Personaly'd prefer something a bit more colorful. Black Marsh game'd be cool.

No, I'd like Bethesda to stick to the boring, familiar parts of Tamriel. They'll just fuck up a cool place like Black Marsh or Valenwood or hell, even Summerset. We know this because of ESO

Ok.

Ill go against the hivemind for a bit: ESOs depiction of Orsinium was more accurate to the lore than any other depiction of a province since Morrowind, they went out of their way to impelemtn Pocket Guide First Edition lore which dates back to Redguard and they actually made up some stuff on their own.

The ESO hate is just another useless circlejerk, a lot of the lore that came post launch is actually good.

Including for example confirming that Minotaurs are the Offspring of Morihaus, confirmung that the Cyrodiil / Blackmarsh border is a Jungle and finally detailing that the nedes were a seperate culture from atmorans (and are potentially the Star Orphans)

You're right about not being made by Bethesda, that was my fuck up. But the fact that it introduces/clarifies some cool lore is overshadowed, to me at least, by the fact that it shits all over a lot of previously established lore. In any case I still stand by my statement that Beth would just fuck up any of those provinces I mentioned if they were to be included in a TES 6

I agree with you on the account of cyrodiil and the summerset isles. Aswell as the first black marsh zone, tho less about shitting on the lore and more about not expanding upon it.

I know this is something we dont like to talk about but its an MMO regardless so there are some limitations. No narsis cannot be a huge city , in the same sense that Dawnstar is supposed to be a huge trade city yet in skyrim its a hovel.

In terms of lore several provinces were done rather well, some were done as they could be expected and some were done poorly. The latter mostly means Auridon, which is the only part of the summerset isles we got to see and quite frankly it was creativeley bankrupt.

The one part of Elsweyr we got to see was pretty much what youd expect, savannas with big cats. No you didnt see any khajiit breeds outside of Suthay and senche, but then again the game also clearly states that the other breeds exist.

Valenwood on the other hand did some realy good things lore wise.
For one, Oblivion and Skyrim tried hard to dial down the Cannibalistic attitudes of the Bosmer.
In ESO they come back in full swing, having entire questlines dedicated to the fact. Also bringing back Black Eyes and Antlers from Morrowind.
They also did the whole living cities thing and maormer and wood orcs are both about, Imga arent in the game but are hinted at.

Skyrim is skyrim, however they added some older lore to Skyrim that Skyrim itself didnt have. Such as a reclusive Nord tribe that worships the Animal Spirit gods rather than the divines.

Blackmarsh was overall pretty gay because it lacked interresting enemy designs. Then again the Blackwood looked fucking fantastic, pic related, please ignore the shitty crop, compared to Oblivion and the Gold Coast was far more mediterranean looking which i found apropriate.

The game has its flaws i admit, and if you arent into DAoC style PvP you probably wont play it.

But as far as the lore goes its no worse than Skyrim or Oblivion is. Especialy the post launch content.

For what its worth, they go to autistic details about established lore.

They even have an item in the game that is named after the Imperial Mananauts aka Space Travel.

Is this from Trump's speech at the charity dinner?

Yes, this was when he started the hillary is so corrupt "joke"

I just recieved the mage's guild quest to go to Punabi, which is near where I will find my mentor necromancer. Before I head out there, though, I want to reach level 3. So I'll be building up my magic skill in the meantime. The mod gives me a necromancy skill when I start my training but, iirc, it depends on other magic skills.

Woke up around 6 AM and spent the morning back and forth on the silt strider to get what I need to charm Sovor Trandel. Had a guar rib for lunch at Lucky Lockup, then got the key and sold it to the thieve's guild for 500 gold. Now I have what I need to train up skills a bit.

How does the necromancy mod work, does it give you permenant skeltal friends?

Yes and you can equip them. You follow the steps written the the blasphemous revenants book to revive actual corpse that you create by killing NPCs. The skeletal companions have different stats and appearances depending on their race.

As you level up, you can start to revive more powerful minions, like bonewalkers, but I've never gotten that far. Last time I played this mod, my character wasn't a mage so I didn't have the magic skill to advance above lesser skeletal minions.

Sounds cool, what happens when they die? Can you resummon them or are they gone forever?

That I do not remember. I'll be sharing what I learn as I play.

I am triggered, he thinks that having an imagination is juvenile? Making something new is juvenile? What a loser…

There is always one of those faggots.

Friendly reminder that anyone who uses the adjectives "mature" and "adult" in direct opposition to "childish/unrealistic/juvenile" is the kind of turdburglar that is the problem with any medium.

I spent the evening training alchemy and enchant. Now this morning I set out for Arkngthand to gain some combat experience, making sure I have potions and snacks in my inventory. Looks like I'm not the only aspiring necromancer around here. I outjew him with stealth archery and zap the cliff racers out of the sky. Now it's time for lurking and looting. The booty I get here should be more enough to fund what I'll need for my trek to Punabi and the necromancer's lair. I will need plenty of health and magic potions, a campfire kit, some telvanni bug musk and a decent enchanted weapon.

Bretty good set up. I would have replaced sneak with Heavy Armor though, there is nothing sneak can do that invisibility, or chameleon can't. In any case you will definitely want to train heavy or medium armor, and get some right away. Unless you want to be killed in one hit by some of the more powerful enemies, or a once in a blue moon crit.

I have conjuration as a major and was thinking of relying purely on bound armor just for the sake of making things more difficult. I'm trying to become a glass cannon who relies on minions to tank.

The only thing they're slaves to is their role in a networked societal complex user-kun '3'

This post got me thinking. I'm in class so I'll make this short and this won't be able to cover everything I'd like it to, but:

In regard to the power of the Imperials being their 'social skills', I'll note something slightly different: The '1008-year'-long dragon break (breakdown of conventionality in space/time due to the failure of the Aedra) of the second era. I posit this as having been a vital period in the formation and expansion of the Cyrodiilic empire of the late second era onward. [Discussion of the potential subjectivity of reality, as comes to be the norm in a dragon break but which can also be expected to hold minor sway as a constant within Mundus, and its implications in regard to human perspective, persuasion, etc - that in a subjective reality those sufficiently willful; those sufficiently passionately persuasive among their peers may come to hold physical sway over fate - with the note of persuasion being the defining quality of the Imperials.] So there is a dialectical component to physicality in Mundus. The Imperial peoples are ardently faithful to the Aedra, upholders of convention in space/time, and to the Dragons, symbols of convention in space/time, but their strength is that when those Powers aren't looking, their 'persuasiveness' stops affecting social convention and starts affecting physical convention. To put it plainly, their persuasive force of will makes them reality warpers.

That speculated geography doesn't make any sense at all. History doesn't loop that way.

I rike it

So, do Argonians in TES lay eggs or give birth like other mammals?

todd, go eat a dick

Kynareth > Talos > Mara > Stendarr > Julianos > Arkay > Zenithar > Akatosh > Dibella

Morrowind argonians, lacking tits, probably do.
Other ones have tits, sadly.

I think your list is mostly correct but I don't know for sure because I can't remember half of them.

Kyn: wonderful waifu-tier goddess
Talos: total bro
Arkay: god of the dead but i don't know what he's like
stendarr: essentially anti-chaos guy, sounds like a no fun allowed faggot
akatosh: god of everything, super boring

and of course, the greatest of all: dibella, a fucking whore. They actually have a goddess dedicated to hedonism and being a slut. I wonder if Talos bangs her once in a while and then kicks her out so he can sleep.

Technological advancement takes a long time, especially when the technology you currently have is garbage and the latest game is only a few centuries ahead of the previous ones, which all take place around the same century

Talos> Talos> Talos> Talos>
Fixed

Magic.

wot? Also, century is a long time.

First people need to realize that technological progress is a CURRENT YEAR argument. It's literally progressive theology. We live in an unprecedented age right now and this age isn't the standard. Hell, it's not even that good of an age. I can list dozens of fields that got shut down due to CURRENT YEAR and WHITE IMPERIALISM (reason why we don't have Oriental studies anymore) arguments. For example, the traditional art of drawing is basically dead and relegated to a dozen ateliers that still exist. And Japan. Regarding the high cost of US internet, it's because there are no more people who know how to keep the old internet infrastructure working and upgrade it. Etcetra. Progress is an exception, not the norm.

With that out of the way, TES is a tech-magic world. The golden age was definitely the Merethic Era when divinity was conserved. Metaphysically, the nature of the universe is enthropy, forgetance and deevolution. This is the nature of Elves who, with the exception of Dunmer, are clinging to the old ways knowing the impending doom. It's also a reason why Altmer are so bitter about everything.
It's men who carry the spark of Lorkhan and can create. But creation in TES isn't the same as in our Western Civilization. While we feel the progress by uncovering laws (which is pagan reverence of nature focused on revealing its mistery), in TES it's about the Enantiomorph and creation of the New Man thru sacred myths. In other words, their outlook on like and drive is different.

Then there's also the magi-tech nature of the world. Only an idiot would invent guns when he can become a mage and throw magic missles and use alteration to turn invisible or mysticism to teleport. Sure, you can say but they'll be able to see heat signatures with tech, but here's the thing - this tech is 3000 years plus a lot of drama and regression in between away - it's inconceivable to them that mechanical technology would give such results. Are you a mad man? Become a mage and solve it immediately. This also reinforces the aristocracy and puts various peoples in their place since not everyone can be a mage. It's a system that can't be broken easily.

Lastly, there was a golden age of magi tech. It's called late 1st and early 2nd era when Cyrodiilic Empire and Alinor had a cold war, trying to reach Aetherius with their space/void ships. It also lead to imperial colonization of Masser.
This was followed by the assassination of the last emperor and a fall into the dark age. Some time after, Talos revived the empire making it bigger than ever, but before it could reclaim its old glory it fell under Thalmor and a dark age followed. Skyrim is set in the bleakest and most backward time since the late 2nd Era.

Why do the dwemer bots attack you on sight? Is it because you are trespassing, something messed with their programming when the dwemer vanished or did the dwemer really hate other species?

You're tresspassing into Dwemer lands. They view you as an invader or a thief. It's no different than an alarm going off in your house when someone enters. Except you've been gone for thousands of years.

Thanks for the quick answer

Armed Militia > Expensive Mercenaries

Arena through Oblivion are all during the late reign of Uriel VII (a period of about 40 years), and Skyrim is 200 years after his death.
The time between Oblivion and Skyrim is comparable to the collapse of the Roman Empire. Not much room for science and technology when you're scrambling to keep a falling empire intact. Daedra invaded Tamriel, the Red Mountain erupted, and the Thalmor Dominion rose to power.

I don't know where you got that. If you're talking about the Empire, Nibenay is very good with magic and thru them and Bretons who are also proficient with magic, Imperials established armies with big numbers of mages. Lowly trained physical mercenaries are often used as manpower on whom magic giving strength and other properties are unleashed.

The whole image, man

I never played Battlespire, but I understand that the story of it was that you were training as an Imperial battlemage. Since they go through the trouble of making a pseudo-oblivion realm just to train I'd imagine they're pretty fucking serious about mages in their army

I meant the usage of the phrase "a few centuries." You don't say a few of my parents came to visit.

Early on, guns were less accurate and reliable than bows but they were easier to train armies to use them.

primitive firearms have a pretty shitty accuracy, in order to utilize primitive firearms you have to utilize tactics that involve large firing arcs and rows of soldiers.

Try this in a setting that has Mages that specialize in blowing up people standing together closeley and mages that can create magical barriers.

Chances are firearms have simply seen as terrible compared to conventional forms of warfare, if they would have done more with them they would have become superior but nobody even bothered since what firearms do is nothing particulary extrodinary in the world of TES.

Technological advancement tends to go towards stuff like Space travel and becoming a god…

-load powder
-stuff
-load bullets
-stuff
-aim
-ignite
-wait
-fire
-clean out

-fireball
-fireball
-fireball
-fireball
-fireball
-fireball
-fireball
-fireball

What about indoor plumbing?

probably have that in the summerset isles, Cyrodiil is for the "magical medieval europe" aspect rather advanced (Tho in a more "late roman" style).

Remember that Skyrim is basically TES equivalent of Africa, its a backwater shithole full of savage idiots with an average IQ of 60

"backwater shithole" accurately describes several of the places we haven't visited yet

Are you hyped for TES VI: Black Flag, hunting Thalmor as a pirate in the Iliac Bay?

People on Masser? Is there an actual in game book that says this/implies this or are you just talking head cannon shit?

c0da happened

Mananauts were last mentioned in ESO, the term comes from Oblivion.

The Battlespire is a literal spaceship

People specifically having a colony on Masser (and secunda for that matter) comes form a variety of places including the Swordmeeting of Cyrus the Restless and Tiber Septim, Professor Numinatus (i would not take that one seriously at all tho) and a couple of other MK sources.

The "Space race" of TES between the aldmeri dominion and the Empire was detailed i think in the oblivion era pocket guide, it also mentions the Sunbirds of alinor.

The Imperial Province of Tatterdemallion predates c0da by a couple of years actually.

c0da?

Jesus fuck.

c0da is an (unfinished) comic by MK that sums up the story of the Amaranth, a new amaranth is created, its set in the fifth era and is a follow up to the loveletter from the fifth era.

By then the thalmor have won and humanity was wiped out, the Numidium came back in an event referred to as the "landfall" and destroyed hammerfell and pretty much the rest of nirn, the story itself is focused on a dunmer salt merchant living on Masser.

Realy the story is nothing special at all and involves copious ammounts of pop culture nonsense.

The "moral" of the story mostly is that TES has no canon and that people should create their own monkey truth.

Of course Reddit ran away with it and declared "EVERYTHING IS CANON NOW, DWEMER WERE ORCS"

So it was basically fanfiction

Who was he talking about in journal entry 5?

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Beram_Journal

well the entire idea of it was that its not.

Also MK has some authority over the lore he writes about since he made it.

I dont realy want to defend c0da, i think in the end it did more harm than good to the lore community letting a bunch of idiots loose on the idea that everything is now canon while well reasoned monkey truth has existed for years before it.

Still i would not completley dismiss it and it illustrates some parts of the lore that otherwise are harder to understand such as the amaranth.

The best part of Beth becoming big is we are pretty much promised seeing the continuation of the story and will get to see what becomes cannon.

The downside is that the games may become shite.

Or we get more and more generic medieval lore with the elves and magic removed because it's more adult and mature.

You will be stuck playing a Redguard as the incarnation of HoonDing out to discover your powers and hunt down Thalmor with your trusty pirate shit and snowflake crew.

As you near the end of your journey, you discover that Redguards used to be kangz and shiet until the white Imperial slavers destroyed Redguard civilization and enslaved them all. Using the lost art of Bix Nood, you fight to take back Tamriel from the oppressors.

As HoonDing you make way for a Redguard dominated Kalpa.

So all of tamriel is the dream of a dreaming god, but what god? Are the aedra and daedra also just figments of the dream?

The GODHEAD.

Anu, the Godhead, the dreamer, he is not a literaly god in TES, everything in TES is a part of the Godhead.

whats the lore explanation for when I'm trying to hit a insect and I keep MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS???

You're blind, stupid and exhausted.

You have a very low dagger skill and should grab another weapon. There is an axe and an sword nearby, both enchanted.

You are literally so bad at stabbing things that the dagger temporarily realizes it isn't real and phases out of existence when you try to hit anything with it

smh fam
What's the point of a setting if everyone needs to live exactly like us?
Though Bosmer are pimitive ones if I had to compare to everyone else

Nuh, uh. Even MK himself spread the idea that Redguards were still on Nirn surfing the metaphysical storm or something. Deleting mankind is means to the end, not the end in itself. The end they achieved (not by their own devices) beign the breakup of the birdcage that is Mundus.

You're an Imga and therefore parrot oldfag memes instead of making your own shitposts.

You suck at RPGs.

what the hell is that hair

It's a fucking dream, how many skoomas you on?

What's the matter? Afraid of the sight of a strong dunmer warrior?

WE WUZ CHIMER

So is godhead just a word for universe?

Also I can dream you knife eared layabout.

Kind of but not really. The godhead is the universe to everyone within it, but there is probably a universe beyond the godhead.

(checked)
No, it's an actual being, whose dream contains everything in the universe of TES. For all we know, is correct in that the godhead itself probably exists in its own universe (in another universe that contains it, that is to say).

Thank you.

On an unrelated note if they don't bring back spellcrafting im going to stab someone at Bethesda.

Get to stabbing, buddy. It ain't gonna happen. Skyrim didn't have it and that game sold exceptionally well to casuals, Bethesda's not going to put in a millisecond of extra work if they don't have to.

To elaborate further: Mundus is a result of the godhead's inability or unwillingness to perceive the true universe.

Honestly sounds like bull. Where are you getting it?

That's an interesting way to put it. I was under the impression that it was the result of the interplay between the two contradictory parts of his mind, i.e. stasis and change. Every time I see someone describe the godhead it's always something along the lines of bi-polar or schizo

they should remain unstabbed until proven guilty, this isnt the inquisition

Isn't there a daedroth near where you find that entry?

Also I never got Tel Vos. Did Aryon let loose the daedras and mushroom magic just so he didn't have to pay the imperial builders, or was it all fucked up on accident?

Fucking non-mages think they're all hot shit until they burst into flames.

I'm getting it from the tiny bits and pieces of Vivec's ramblings that actually make a little sense.

Which reminds me of the bi-polar blade, but I think the godhead's subconscious is more complex than a dichotomy of two attitudes. I think every bit of matter on Tamriel, living or dead or stone is a fraction of the godhead's complex personality. Those who perceive Tamriel as physical and real represent his inability while those who have achieved CHIM represent his unwillingness. They even describe themselves as unwilling due to their love for the dream. Those who have zero-summed represent his cognitive dissonance because, according to the limits of Mundus's laws of physics, it is completely impossible to both see and not see. Yet, the godhead truly does both see the true universe and refuses to see. Sort of like when you are not in a deep sleep, but still dreaming. When you can physically feel yourself lying with your head against your pillow, but you go with the dream anyway, sometimes even manipulating it.

You got it. An autistic ancient child, as old as infinity.

life is just an autistic childs dream but theyre giving him meds and now everythings falling apart

How many people actually went CHIM from his teachings anyway? Or was his teaching not supposed to do it?

Technically, because Vivec achieved CHIM, everyone achieved CHIM. But no one did.

Forget about time or individual personalities. Everything that happens in the godhead happens outside of time and in no order. It's all a barrage of events and characters, invented by the godhead. Any concept of a linearity of history or individual thought has to do with a filtered perception.

Think of it like a collection of memories inside your own head. Everyone is Vivec but they only realize it when they are in the mood to be Vivec.

All this talk of morrowind has me replaying the game. Going to start without many mods, rate my character.

That's a good classic vanilla build.

ayy

Better level up those sneak skill in the mean time. You're going to need it and there's no way Beth is going to bring back spellcrafting.

Because you're a mage that just picked up an enchanted sword.
It's frustrating, I know. Even in Daggerfall I can still kill a few rats with my lvl 15 short sword skill.

WE WUZ OBLIVION-NAUTS.

Druid mod is really good. Lets you rocket around Morrowind style. Sadly, nothing that improves Jump.

wow, what a lewd slut

There are certain constants that civilizations must develop eventually.
Money, agriculture/herding, alcohol, language, writing, hygiene, etc.

Yeh I think there was one but I always thought whatever he was talking about would be at least a Dremora. They were clearing roots made by the wizards and I think they accidentally tapped into a daedric ruin.

I love how I can just ignore all the quests in the game, and basically just fuck around. Thus begins my skeletal journey to find a cozy ruin to call home.

FUCK IT

2spooky

Found a tomb, but it looks occupied. None of these places look like a nice place to crash.

Are you using OpenMW?

Are there any mechanical changes to Morrowind with that Skele mod? Do you have to become the Skeleton or do you choose it as your race?

Is it really that unoptimized? I'm asking because I never tried it. Did you try the latest version?

No. He's memeing. It does vanilla better than regular Morrowind, but doesn't do any better when you load Old Ebonheart from Tamriel Rebuilt. That's one of two biggest gripes people have with it - it's not that much more optimized it could be yet.

No, but I know it hasn't been optimized. just play Morrowind with MGEXE, it runs much much better, you know it's bad when a more demanding scene in Skyrim with ENB has a more stable framerate on your GPU that released last year than even a mundane scene in OpenMW.

You have some serious problems if that's the case fam

It's the game, there is no reason why a scene so devoid of detail is causing my machine to chug while a far more detailed scene in Skyrim with ENB or Vanilla with MGXE runs fine with all kinds of post processing thrown everywhere.

I can get a better framerate in MGSV maxed out over OpenMW. OpenMW is definitely the problem.

The answer is probably as simple as Tamriel having no steady or practical supply of saltpeter.

ESO said it will have spell crafting… eventually.

I mean they did somehow managed to make stealth takedowns and pickpocketing work in an MMO so who knows.

actually it could have easily worked in skyrim since skyrims spells were so awfully generic anyway.

The Godhead existed in the previous dream (of another godhead presumably), there he fought with his rival over a lover (note, we dont know what kind of beeings they were, they might have been spirits or gods or just humans), wounded from the fight and heartbroken, anu went into the sun (again, the previous universe might have had extremley different laws of physics, for all we know the hist lived there so that asusmption is probably a given) and fell asleep, he then became Amaranth, he dreamed a new universe, one born from strife and betrayal, which is why the Aurbis is the Arena , why in TES all heroes are assholes and there is never peace.
At the end of c0da (if you want to take it seriously) there is a new world born from love.

Its actually much easier than that.
And let me say again: CHIM is not that big a deal.

Everyone is part of the Godhead, as such, if you were to realize that YOU, YOU specifically are actually just a figment of a larger beeings consciousness then there are two things that can happen.
1. you realize you are mereley a part of an entire universe that is the same beeing, as such you as yourself dont exist. thats Zero summing
2. you love yourself so much that you say "I am the dreamer, as such the dreamer is me" and you continue to exist, achieving CHIM beeing able to alter the dream on a whim.

dont click the spoiler guys, its too spoopy

Morrowind aged well.

Still amazing what those overhauls do.

Huh, what's this?

fuck you man that shit is roided the fuck out with mods

Still hurts, stop it.

Just a transcription error

Mods, I never liked that automatic overhaul. Too much bad choices that you can't easily turn off. For example, fuck me if I'll going to allow depth of field.

On the other hand, with the newfound freedom you risk pic 3 related. Then it's a pain to fix it.

I do it by hand too. The overhaul pack is outdated as fuck thats why.

Balmora looks especially good modded. My biggest gripe with graphical mods are the low quality tree models. They often look a tier or two lower quality than stuff around them.

Most of the things that caused problems for me are in this part, I had an issue with armor being completely white so I just turned off the armor reflections and it fixed it.

I had that yellow box problem as well but I cant remember what I did to fix it, was a pretty quick fix though.

I had most problems finding the dwemer puzzle box.

Terrible. I know Trainwiz spoke of better mods and I've checked a few times but they never seem to be finished.

Probably renaming a folder so the assets are where they belong.

THAT FUCKING PUZZLE BOX PREVENTED ME FROM DOING THE MAIN QUEST FOR SO FUCKING LONG

Should've bought Game of the Year™ and read where to find it in Todd's official guide ( ° ʖ °)

Heh nice filter Mark.

No the skele mod is a race option, I found it on morrowindmodhistory.com since I don't like using nexus.

Damn son, what are you using? I especially like the water.

Ok first the John romero thing, and now this. Good morning to you to Holla Forums

No, I am just using skele mod, and one hand spear mod with the game of the year edition right now. Will mod it up after I am done with it.

Around a hundred visual mods. A year or two back I'd paste a list of links but quite a few went 404, so I can't link them all anymore. It's a shame. I'm hoping based Trainwiz or someone makes a new graphical guide soon. I don't feel like embaring on a modding adventure again.
Water is just MGE XE with a specific shader setup.

I'm sure what he means by "jungle" is a metaphorical "jungle" of temperate forest as opposed to an actual jungle. :^)

In all seriousness, Bethesda really fucked up with the way Cyrodill was portrayed in Oblivion. So much wasted potential.

Trainwiz links this pastebin for graphical mods in his Morrowind guide on tesgeneral:
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
I used this and the game looks great, though I had to leave quite a bit, in part due to my personal taste but mostly because I'm using OpenMW for this playthrough.

I used a jungle mod the last time I played Oblivion. It really improves a lot of the environments in my opinion, but no mod can do justice to what Cyrodiil was supposed to be

*leave out

Restarting Morrowind again because Wheels of Lull is a buggy mess that keeps crashing at the Thalmor lab. Won't load anything after the first FMV. Goddamn.

Did you try with OpenMW? What's the reason for not working?

Just the ones that would require MGEXE

-fireball
-failed casting
-failed casting
-drink potion
-wait
-fireball
-fireball
-failed casting
-drink potion
-wait

He clearly said a ring of fireballs, you'd know how one worked if you ever actually played Morrowind.

A lot of the morrowind mods have 404ed. It's a real shame. In any case I am going to retire a rich skelly now. These orcs gave me some trouble so I just went and bought 20 scrolls.

You're talking about jewelry?

Which mods have 404'd that you are looking for? I keep a folder with my favorite mods just in case.

So, any of you guys have Elder Scrolls Online lore tidbits? like what the fuck was the "Ordained Receptacle" by the Akavir army that invaded Skyrim and Morrowind.

Vast numbers of mods were lost when the various websites hosting them finally died and they weren't migrated. Of those which were migrated, many only made it onto obscure websites, often in other languages, and were sometimes misnamed, mislabeled, or poorly indexed on the new sites, making them very difficult to find. It's a damn shame and I bet a lot of people still have mods on their PCs which are nigh-on impossible to find on the internet without even realizing it.

The only lore I've read from ESO are books relating to necromancy
Not that any of it's very good, but there's a dickload of it compared to the main series, where you've basically only got a few situational notes or journals from enemies

I am not referring to anything specific basically what, , said.

quit the fucking memes.
ESO actually got fairly good lore since launch but you probably wont find it in the books as most books are the same as the normal series only a couple having been added.
Id say look at the leaked Blackfinn books for some pretty good insight on Northern Black Marsh aswell as the Tribes of Murkmire book to show some more variation on argonians other than "Slaves" and "hippies". It also explains quite a bit about why argonians interact with each other in such a strange fashion.
It also introduces a subrace of argonians called the "Ghost people" which are see through Nagas that use other argonians to feed their Hist trees and as such steal the dead from other tribes.

The Orsinium books also tend to be fairly good at hihglighting orc mindset and add on top of skyrims rathr sparse characterization of traditional orc society.
In general i would recommend looking at Orsinium as it is a realy good piece of content that adds a lot of character to what for the most part was the second least developed race after bretons.

Id also say that the Valenwood lore is fairly good, stuff like Uthrappa is picked up again and the Green Pact is beeing fully enforced.

Nobody knows, and with the akavir it is probably save to assume that nobody will ever know since ZOS has said they will not do Akavir untill Bethesda does akavir, and bethesda wont do akavir since bethesda is run by Todd "Demons from Hell" Howard.

I almost forgot there is some realy good Dro-Mathra lore, Dro-Mathra are a realy old concept of khajiit lore that hasnt been brought up for a long time, in ESO they are a frequent occurence, they are some sort of malevolent khajiit spirit, in one quest for example one is unleashed on a dres slave plantation, beeing able to imitate any humanoid (but not able to talk)

they are also the subject of one of the games trials (basically raids)

It was all written by Colonel Sanders though, wasn't it?

So I paid a visit to Dren's plantation. This asshole gave me a bit of trouble though, but I got a daedric shield and katana out of it.

Wow, what the fuck man

The problem is that it's building on shit lore. And that it's a god awful MMO. It can't be redeemed.

I am a fucking skeleton why would I care what you think? All I want is to find a comfy place to haunt.

Gotta powergame fast.

Don't forget to bone the argonian maid.

No Colonel Sanders only writes some parts of it.

Hes mostly there for fact checking purposes, just like a lead artist doesnt create every piece of concept art.

pretty sure most of the stuff ive mentioned wasnt by him.

Also note that it was Colonel Sanders who brought up the Mananauts (aka imperial astronauts with battlespire spaceships) agan.

if TES lore is shit what are you doing in this thread
its an MMO, as far as DAoC style PvP goes its competent.
as far as single player content in MMOs goes its competent, if you dont like MMOs you wont like it, but then again Skyrim was basically an MMO without all the other people, but "Kill draugr" certainly isnt much of an improvement over MMO quests.

Haunt the haunted manor in Vivec.

I also encountered some vampires, but they were pretty easy to kill with my new weapons. I think I like it here. There's shelves, storage, and it's not too big. Plus it is close to a major city.

Hmmmmmmmmm…. it even has haunted in it's name. I'll go check it out.

Enjoying TES lore. Not Molag Bal mayhem on Tamriel shitstain. The very premise is so fucked, it goes bellow Oblivion in my books. Keep reporting on some good lore they do make. But TESO being bad isn't a meme.

So if Colonel Sanders is fact-checking, how is any of it canon?

It's got spooky sounds and cobwebs, dude.

The problem with Colonel Sanders fact-checking is that Colonel Sanders is a faggot that will throw out completely anything seen or read in the previous games.

I have to restrain myself to do this every playthrough

i couldnt give a shit.
Im trying to tell you people about some pieces of lore that are good, im fucking done trying to convince wannabe lorumites of whats worth reading and what isnt.
if you are triggered by ESO lore then dont read it, you can wait till Todd Mountainclimber howard shits out his next insult to Morrowind, but hey at least it isnt a stupid spinoff right?
At least it doesnt have colonel sanders in it who makes a point out of including daggerfall era lore into the game and confirming MK theories like where the minotaurs come form.
Better gobble up more "Demons from Hell" because youve once seen a misatribted quote about "fancifull portrayals" which was actually an answer to a question why the provinces in the games are so much smaller than they are discribed in the books.

Daedric invasions make for shit plot points, i dislike both of those parts.

However id like to add that the daedric angle of ESO actually introduces an interresting point about the player character: the player characters soul beeing missing, one of the more recent ingame books reveals that he is not a real mortal, instead he forms his body in Oblivion like a dremora would, however his original soul beeing part of Nirn makes this process unstable, which is the reason the Soulshriven all look like methheads.
its implied that the "canon" protagonist is not affected by this due to having some metaphysical significance.

"Good" is subjective. If you can't covince anyone it's worth reading, how will you convince anyone it's good? Maybe you just liked the stupid invisible nagas because you liked the game. And that's why you think it's "good."

I'm kind of okay with Naga stuff, but not with Argonian architecture from what I've seen. Fuck that aztec noise and kill whoever decided to go that route.
But this about player forming in Oblivion is heresy and it's really retarded.

They arent invisible they are translucent like some deep sea fish are translucent.

Which by my book is pretty fucking cool and something i would absolutley imagine to live in the darkest bowels of black marsh.

You can read the book yourself, google it, its fairly good and it goes into more detail about the individual tribes than the argonian account.

There is also a book about a Breton Gourmet eating various kinds of snails in blackmarsh untill he as you might imagine dies because its black marsh and hes eatin giant snails.

actually argonians live in mud huts that look like Onions in that game. The aztec stuff i admit is complete garbage and represents a bygone argonian culture that nobody knows anyhting about anymore.

The player in ESO is dead, his soul was stolen my Molag Lel.
You think its bad? i disagree with that, i think its an interresting take on why Humans exit in Oblivion and what use Molag Bal has for the souls you see him collecting in Skyrim and Oblivion.

It should be noted that this doesnt mean the player literaly is a dremora, it means that the soul shriven form a rudimentary body from craetia in Coldharbour, ,however due to them not originating from their , their body ages rapidly and disintigrates, starting this process anew, much to the amusement of molag lel.

This is kind of simmilar to the Sump in the keyes novel.
ESO general takes a more Magitek and High Fantasy approach to things which i think is apropriate given that its in the second era in which the glorious of the Reman empire were still visible, as to see with the Mananauts and the obvious Akaviri ifnluences everywhere (the fighters guild for example sitll wear the Uniforms of the Akaviri Syffim which i find to be a nice touch, Colonel Sanders also said he would like to have Chevalier Renald in the game who is a snakeman Knight and precursor to the blades)

I like it. It has a great location, there are people to spook, it has plenty of shelves, and there is even a cozy place to sleep. Not even to mention the great decor. I think I will like it here.

Skeletons need to sleep?

It's more about just being cozy then anything else.

I hope we see Dres lands released in spring.

This is furry propaganda.

keep dreaming lad, Bretons and basically all elves are better mages.
again, keep dreaming because that title is for the Orcs, Imperials, Redguards and Nords. Mostly Orcs though as they're the toughest of them all.

I don't even like Khajiit, I'm a elfu.

Don't think so fam. Bretons meme magic like manlets lift to compensate. They're good only in comparison to other humans.

All had loads of problems with Oblivion Gates.

Bretons are a crossbreed of high elves and humans, they have natural resistance to it and can cast it second best to the High Elves.
There isn't much lore about Oblivion gates outside Cyrodiil.

We know enought that based Dunmer were cloging the gates with their own dead while argonians rekd Dagon so hard he closed all the gates in the region.

Question: Does TR_Main and TR_Preview have to both be active for full map? Or does TR_Preview include Main?

Last time I tried this mod I had doubles of everything and couldnt figure out how to fix. Could've had something to do with my other mods, idk.

I'm reinstalling Morrowind now though

Probably because the Daedra thought that Black Marsh was too much of a shithole to conquer.

You need all. Just follow instructions. There's also an additional mod you need with it since they split because reasons. Everything's explained easy on their site.

If that were the case Oblivion gates wouldn't have even opened there

I love that part of the lore about the Oblivion crisis, it perfectly personifies what the Dunmer are like. Life always takes a shit right on their lap, and they just keep on trying

Hoe sweet home…

It's because the argonians raped them hard, and they ended up invading oblivion right back through their own gates

Welp, that is it for now. Will probably start another character before getting on this one again. Or I might continue adventuring as a not-homeless skelly.

I almost always abuse the crime amnesty and go to Suran before giving the release papers to the dude in Seyda Neen. Scores you some Dreugh, Bonemold, Ebony and Orcish armor pieces, as well as a Glass Dagger and 5x Ebony Darts. Starts you off with some good shit to sell to Creeper.

Any good graphical mods for Morrowind? Don't wanna try Morrowind Overhaul since it looks more like a modpack that just an aesthetic mod

Nice touch

You may want to ask again in the next thread since this one has hit the bump limit. It's been a long time since I have modded morrowind, I mostly focus on stuff like specific weapons like the one-hand spear, and certain armor mods I really like.
Thanks

thanks bruv