16-bit console fps thread

Which is better?

Do fan made ports count?

Sure, why not?

B-bloodshot is looking pretty spooky OP.

Say, Urban Chaos was originally called "Zero Tolerance" as well. Was that supposed to be a reboot?

I don't know what you mean, pally.

You dont know spooky

That's not spooky, that's someone's fetish.

I think its both

Horrible directing. Shit.

Everyone hated these back in the day and laughed at them. You're very young and are trying to fit in.

ok

Duke Nukem 3D is a 32 bit FPS.

Vanilla Zero Tolerance is god tier. It was too big and ambitious for genesis though, this is why it looked like shit and was rendered in 1/3 of the screen's resolution.
I wish there was a CD version or remake or some shit, that would be rendered in full resolution and at a higher frame rate.
Beyond ZT was some shitty pirate hack that did everything wrong.

sure as hell aint duke 3d, everything is shit in this port. (gameplay, graphics, content)

ppl praise this because "somehow" they believe this is duke3d for the genesis.

sounds more like someone made a half assed engine and slapped duke 3d sprites and sound on it.

Yeah, I was unimpressed when I saw the progress when it was posted on Sega16.

I remember loving the FPS sections of the SNES Jurassic Park game.

Beyond Zero Tolerance is a fucking unfinished prototype, of course nothing going to be right in it.

Doesn't Zero Tolerance have a two player LINKED SYSTEM mode that uses a controller port to relay data between the systems?

holy shit i totally forgot about this game. it was so fucking hard

check out this sick remix

For what purpose? Console FPS has always been shit and as you go further back they only get worse as you lose analog input and the tiny bit of control you do have with modern consoles.

I would argue that pics related are the best console FPS and both of them are post 16-bit with analog input.

pls

This one.

That's better than the SNES port.

That game isn't even proper 3D. Just look at the floor and ceiling textures. There are none.

Duke Nukem 3D for Sega Mega Drive/Genesis is a little-known port of Duke Nukem 3D. It was released only in Brazil by local Sega distributor Tec Toy in 1998 and re-released in the whole world in 2015 by Piko Interactive. It is a highly simplified version of the game, going so far as to only include a simplified version of the second episode, Lunar Apocalypse. Rather than porting the level design from the original game, this version features original levels with a flat layout and 90-degree angles only (similar to Wolfenstein 3D). Textures, sprites, and sounds are largely ported from the PC version in greatly reduced quality. The game is considered to be very advanced for the Sega Genesis 16-bit console. "Texture-mapped walls, multi-sided enemy sprites and what looks like sprite scaling… this isn't a half-assed effort. For the Genesis, this is almost unreal."

most fps games are shit and halo 2 is better than pretty much every pc fps since the game came out and to this day.

if halo 3 was released on pc cs, tf2 would have never had a competitive scene and would be dead

Now thats fucking impressive, I didn't know all that about duke 3d for the sega genesis only happened to try and play when I found it in my pack of roms and thinking that it was total trash. So I gues while its not a very fun game its still impressive on a technical level. They managed to really cram something in there when you think about it. WIsh there was more of that
stuff to find but part of me really appreciates that sort of stuff when I do find it.

For some of us it was all we got. I didn't own a high-end PC back then.

It's a fucking Genesis you idiots. Even the Sat/PSX ports are garbage, did you expect the Genesis to perform equal or better?

This. Considering the Genesis hardware limitations, DN3D is pretty amazing.

Even if it wasn't the best the Genesis could do, as the Wolf3D port shows.