Does anyone else miss when times were simpler?

Does anyone else miss when times were simpler? When all you cared about was vidya and woman? And weren't a solider in world war meme? Growing up in the 90s I didn't picture my future being like this. It's not the life I chose.

Sometimes.

I do find myself wondering about this, why I bother and why I've allowed imageboards to direct so much of my interests and life.
Sweet zombie buddha thinking on it I must seem insane and I probably am.
I've been pratting about on these sites since the early days of 4Chan.

Unfortunately things were never simple. We just didn't notice.
If you want to blame anyone then blame /new/ for it was they who were the first among us to truly begin putting the pieces together. That's why /new/ got shoah'd.

Just be glad you experienced it.
Then (((9/11))) happened and things haven't quite been the same

Not really, I've always cared about the truth above all else, and now I know why things are the way they are. Thanks to Holla Forums I can now form rational arguments in any arena, where previously I was at a loss. Further, I now have a clearly defined goal to spend my life working towards, where previously I was drifting aimlessly. Chugging down redpills was uncomfortable at times but I'm definitely better for it.

Sometimes, but that's like wishing you could be a child forever.

We have those by the way. Man-children. Consumers who live for media, whose most interesting decision is what to have for dinner.

The burden can be heavy, and it's okay to sometimes wish that it wasn't there. But it's the struggle that gives life true meaning. You could try to give it all up and live like you used to, but guess what?

You'd hate yourself.

Mid 00s were the times for me. Internet was still around but no one was politically batshit crazy like they are now. Most people on the internet genuinely didn't give a fuck about political ideologies, and sites like YouTube were far more authentic when it came to people expressing their sincere opinions.

In 2005-2008 you had people just making videos in their rooms with shity 4:3 cameras simply saying what they thought without any ideological agenda (most of the time), now it's muh patreon muh social media follow me on faceberg and twitter also I need views because of sheqels and not because getting a few thousand views just makes me feel good inside.

I miss when everyone wasn't a pundit.

I miss the old internet too.

There's no going back now. Its too late.

We used to be able to leave the doors unlocked at our home each night

As much as I've become politically inclined, I do miss when people were chilled the fuck out for the most part. Now everything is like a war and politics really is just (more of) a sport. Also it was nicer when the demographics were whiter just 15 years ago or so. Now it gets hardcore anti-white more and more every year. I used to really never think much about race until everything became bitching about "white people do this and that, etc." and every other TV commercial and show having some blonde chick getting Enriched™. It'll just get worse of course.

I miss the days before I was born. It was nice, warm, and comfy. Didn't have the stresses or struggle of the outside world or all of its thousands of years of shit stacked upon me. Those, my good friends, were the good ole days.

Not really. Life is about moving forward. Sure, I'd like to do without shit like social media, but it's optional, like most annoyances. The past was fun, but assholes were still abundant.

Are we getting raided?

When are we not? I think in this case, however, it's just one super autist.

Why does time have to go by so quickly? It seems like years have passed and I have nothing to show for them.

This thread feels more suited for >>>/r9k/ and I'd be glad to discuss it there.

No I don't

I AM FURIOUS MY FUCKING CHILDHOOD WAS ROBBED FROM ME BY THESE MEDIA FUCKS THEY FUCKED OUR NORMAL DEVELOPMENT IN EVERY FUCKING WAY POSSIBLE WITH THEIR FUCKING "ENTERTAINMENT" FUCKERY WE ARE THE RAGING FURIPUS VENGENCE ON THESE SHITEATING FUCKSTICKS

Nah, it's all nostalgia goggles. I'm thriving in the meme wars

When I was growing up I could read newspapers of any political affiliation and not see the genocide of my people being vociferously advocated for. The situation has deteriorated so rapidly due to technological factors amplifying academia and silicon valley it's absurd.

The past year to me has made me feel more like I did in the 1990s, since that decade happened.

I'll be honest with you, user. I think it was 9/11 that truly desensitized me, not early 4chan, with all of its gore and CP. The event itself never hit me emotionally, but I watched the country become so much worse than I could have ever imagined, in what seemed like a matter of weeks. School got worse, zero tolerance policies were just as ridiculous to me then as they are now. It seemed like they were less interested in teaching me practical functions, and more obsessed with teaching me how to obey. The media went from wholesome family sitcoms with white people, to being dominated by nigger-tier shows, like Fear Factor, Big Brother, and others that they dared liken to 'reality'. Shootings appeared to happen more often (although I later found out they were simply being spotlit in the media).

This all bothered me a lot, but the successful election of Donald Trump gave me hope that maybe control isn't as illusory as I think it is, and I do have some say over how my life plays out. It sounds corny as fuck to say this, but the election of a ridiculous and beautiful man is what got me off my ass for the first time in my life. I thought I was just going to cave into nihilism and learned helplessness, as there seemed to be no coherent rationalization for the death of my country, until of course I decide to revisit some "conspiracy theories" that have never been explained away, only dismissed with a scoff. The main one being the JQ.

I don't like the fact that I'm older than I want to be, but at least I have some hope that I can live a life that's worth a shit, instead of simply projecting my inarticulate loathing against an enemy I did not fully know, and being able to do nothing about the confusion.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but the 90s were great. I got to play Sonic the Hedgehog and argue with kids on the playground about how he was way cooler than Mario. I got to play outside without having a constant dripfeed to the internet in my pocket. I got to know what an open-ended future looked like. Now I get to experience that last thing again, and I don't want to go back.

Heil Hitler, Heil GEOTUS, and heil to the future. We deserve a good one.

between the textures of the grave I lie not knowing why
and what doth lyfe
forgive me God
for I have died
fuck fuck
not

A.H.

This quote makes me strive for struggle and overcome this struggle that you might meet in life. Push forward and see things play out.

>Then (((9/11))) happened and things haven't quite been the same

It was the end of the world, user. Everything after is just the world taking its sweet ass time to end. TEOTWAWKI is coming any moment now, though. Just gotta wait till the right spark hits the right fuse…

Now I feel… Alive. For the first time in my "life".
Anything is better when you've spent your childhood in a pozi helltown.