Your Civ VI game

As Barbarossa, I conquered the infidel who tried to sneak-attack me. Fuck Saladin. Now how do I rename Cairo to Kairberg (or better yet, Kaiserberg)?

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72061
poal.me/lxbqe7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4chan is that you?

youre researching 2 technologies at once?

Civ6 is bad doe.

I saw a torrent for this but it was about 5 gb. Is that right? Is the game actually that small?

Yes, it's an iPad port.

So how is this shitshow?
Better than Civ5 ?Worse than Beyond Earth?

lol

Imagine Civ5 when it just released with a worse UI.

Looks like there isn't even a building queue. At least I couldn't find it.

That bad? How the fuck can they get worse and worse with every release.

lmao get rekt nerd

Civ 5 with some nice and some autistic features added and mobile game graphics that make your eyes burn

They're simply trying to come as close as possible to their mobile target audience.

I cant believe I'm going to buy this game in two weeks.

Is it just me or are we seeing a lot of blatant shill threads right now? I note OP is your traditional (1) and gone.

The one I got is a 5gb iso that installs to about an 8.3gb file so it seems about right

Why the fuck would you buy it in two weeks when you can pirate it now? Unless you're a shill of course

How did they fuck up this badly? Civ V looked pretty fucking good but this shit looks even worse than civ iv.

I don't usually pirate, but I think I'm gonna pirate and but it when the complete edition comes out like I did with Civ v.

I refuse to play this shit if it's just a step back from CiV+expansions.
I'll bet it's also unoptimized shit that runs like ass for no good reason.
Please give it to me straight.

I will tell you in 20 minutes user

I only played it for like 10 minutes last night, but I really don't like what they've done to parts of the map you've discovered, but can't see. There was nothing wrong with the fog of war used in the previous games. The world overall just looks really cheap, flat, and washed out to me. It simultaneously looks less technically and aesthetically impressive than its immediate predecessor. The character design also doesn't look good to me, but that's not very important.

Again, barely played the game, but I don't have a very good first impression of it. Not turned off enough to not play it in the future, though.

I don't like how technologies get "boosted". For example "if you kill a barbarian with your sling guy, it will take half as much research to learn archery"

It took longer to download than I spent playing this piece of shit.

I will just wait for the ultimate/complete edition in a couple of years. Not going to take a step back from muh Civ5 + all expansions + Vox Populi + texture mods that I paid not even 10 bucks for, for something that is inferior and incomplete.

The social policies are now a second tech tree

It runs fine on my pc, better than civ 5 at any rate.

And the online multiplayer actually fucking works this time. Holy shit, I was basically tearing my hair out at that shit.

I haven't played much, but I think it plays better than civ 5, but a lot of really basic shit is missing. You cant rename cities, you have less options when making a game (cant choose the number of city states, less map generation options, that sort of shit).

It might just be me, but it feels way harder to keep track of how you are doing compared to everyone else. I've played three or four games now where I've felt like I was way way behind, only to suddenly find out that I have the highest science and production by a longshot.

1. Ultra Preset
2. Custom Preset with everything on but with no AA

CPU: i5-4460
GPU: R9 270x
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1066

Game runs fine.

Thanks, friendo.

god it looks like ass

That's all it takes to point out the redundant shill thread.

That shouldn't be surprising, you have a pretty good pc

Making farms only near rivers make sense I guess, but it makes your city look like ass

they made the stylistic choice of making it look like ass

RENAMING CITIES IS NOW DLC

I posted this in the other thread, here's my thoughts on it after 6-7 hours.

PROS:
-Government types (back from Civ IV)
-More spy stuff (Back from Civ IV, haven't played with it much)
-Districts (Stolen from Endless Legend)
-Tech Bonuses (Somewhat original, changes things up)
-Housing/Freshwater for cities (could be a con because it can get annoying, especially before you know how it works and your cities won't grow, but I like that it adds a little extra strategy)
-No National buildings (which means you aren't punished for founding late cities, which is good because Civ VI seems to encourage building wide)
-Civics tree (adds new bonuses and makes culture more useful)
-AI agendas (minor addition to personalities)
NOT SURE ABOUT:
-Unit support thing (Never tried it so maybe its worthless but its an interesting idea)
-Religious Victory (I like more victory conditions but it sounds like this could be too easy, haven't really seen it in action)
CONS:
-Fucking terrible art style (also stolen from Endless Legend, but EL did it better)
-Disgusting character models (some are alright, like Teddy, but Cleopatra is just gross)
-UI annoyances (unit cycle is the worst, can't turn it off like Civ V)
-NO FUCKING NOTIFICATIONS (you'll always be losing track of city growth/pop management, forgetting to switch research at half, etc. Really fucking dumb because Civ V had notifications that worked just fine, definitely the worst point for me)

THINGS THAT STAYED THE SAME (from Civ V):
-Dumb leader choices
-Dumb AI
-Hexes/no unit stacking
-Most other things

Haven't played on the more difficult settings to see if the ai cheats or if it gets smarter (almost definitely it cheats) and haven't played enough to compare all the mechanics/balancing. So far it seems at least similar in quality to Civ V (so if you don't like Civ V you won't like this) and some of the major problems could be fixed by mods (someone please add notifications and a new art style). Worth a pirate, especially since there's very little work involved in getting it running, even for multiplayer.

Thanks
Is there a non-shady torrent yet?

No problem.
And yeah, google fitgirl repack, smaller download and pretty trusted. I used the second magnet link and scanned it with a couple of programs, it's clean as far as I can tell. It also come with the steam crack so you can play multiplayer, you just have to move some files around.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72061

I made this thread right before bed retard

Fuck off shills

What, goy? EVERYONE is playing the new game. Why haven't you dropped your sixty shekels yet, are you GREEDY, goyim?

What does that even mean? Every previous Civ looked like a standard mobile game too.

fuck off cancer

I conquered your mum last nite

but tbh there were already a lot of other flags up there if u no what i mean

Now it even looks more cartoonish and full of annoying clutter

who let the nigger have internet access

Wow, haha!
I'm jewish and a friend of mine literally said that today, luckily I didn't listen to this bullshit and pirated civ 6

Jews did.

Uh oh.

lighten up, retard
it's a joke

Was it also funny in the 40s?

fuck off cuckchan/firaxis

never said I found it funny

I did.

Shills are proven to come here
so fuck off back to cuckchan we dont want your shit game here

Sadly it's not a joke

I hope it this ebin meme goes out of style soon
not sure why shills would come to an imageboard with barely any users and a reputation for being a collection of autistic NEET pedophiles without much of any disposable income to speak of

is this the kind of proof King of Pol would verify?

fuck off, most of the people in the thread have been either shitting on the game or asking for torrents anyway

now its obvious you're not from here shill

Because they were already posting here before they were shills dummy

So there are 2 shills here now?

I thing you need to go, outsider

get out shills

absolutely
proven to be

Am I a shill?

fuck of shills

Another thread derailed by Holla Forumsniggers. 7eb908 is a fucking retard who needs to go back.

Of course, the biggest shills are the ones that call other people shills.

After Civ 5 I'm just going to wait until they release expansions to unfuck the whole game before I even consider it.

But I didn't.

Which is the best Civ game?
I want to get into the franchise but I don't know about where should i begin.

fuck off shill

I think you should leave, Firaxis.

Endless Legend didn't invent districts.

2 then only play to 4

It sounds like you just have autism

Well you can just take a look at the screenshots here

Just buy Civilization 5 in its complete edition for like less than 10 bucks, install Community Balance Patch (recalled Vox Populi) and R.E.D. modpack.

Fuck off neofag.

good thread guys
good hustle

Nice~!!

More or less like this user.

I think the game is fun and fixes some of the shit in Civ5 like not being able to link units. I got more or less used to the art style after a while, although the leaders style is fucking terrible. No problem with the not unit stacking since that shit was so broken in IV. Also I love how they got rid of all the shit in V like global happiness or how tall was so fucking OP.

One of my biggest complains, and I don't know if it is because I'm stupid, is how to check the best routes for commerce. You can't know in advance what route will give you better benefits so when creating traders is a bit of a gamble. And since the amount of traders is limited depending on your development it kinda sucks ass. Also now the traders are the one making the roads so it influences A LOT more than I expected.

Prince feels way easier in 6 than 5. I'm playing america and I am just soaring past everyone else. I've already conquered my entire continent by the 1600s and I got modern infantry and tanks by the 1700s.

Thou doth protest too much.

How's King? In V I found that prince was too easy for me but king was too hard.

Perhaps America is overpowered like Babylon of Civ V? I have no idea how are civs in Civ VI

They are old and thus boring

It's shit

not an argument

m-muh death stacks!

you Holla Forumslacks are so autistic.

Why don't you tell me to fuck off to Reddit or cuckchan then while you're at it? How fucking triggered do you need to be to call anyone who doesn't share your exact tastes a shill?

Is Endless Legend worth it?

pls go and stop baiting

The combat's a little bizarre but the rest of the game is top notch.

You goyim get dumber by the fucking minute.

They're trying to copy Amplitude, except for the actually useful UI.
Alpha Centauri II never ever.

Oy vey diversidy is strength goys

How does the unit grouping mechanic work? Is it essentially stacks or is it something different entirely?

Nah, its probably just attempted circle jerking threads created by immigrants from 4chan. They'd be fun if not for the fact they're essentially reddit without downvoting.

Send his ass to the oven.

Is it just me or is the AI REALLY fucked up?

Nope. Had the same weird cavalry spamming.

poal.me/lxbqe7

Is the red city Polan?

>>>Holla Forums

They're probably waiting to be able to form corps(multiple of the same unit on the same tile).

Why would I play this rather than Endless Legend?

i suppose they kind of were already

Once again, what the hell is going on with this game?

I'm guessing it's because of that.

Oh boy, I can't wait until they put out a rushed expansion in six months to fix basic gameplay features like "what the fuck is the AI doing and why?".
I want to boot this shitheap up less and less every time I look into it.

It's basically Civ 5. Why even make a new game? It's so stupid. They should change some substantial shit if they're going to make a brand new game. The biggest differences are literally improvements not being automated anymore, the civic/policy tree, districts, and I guess envoys?

Paradox includes more content in their $20 DLC packs.

So how do you generate this information, and is there a good reason for it not being openly available to the player from the beginning?

You get it when you're an ally of the Civ. It might also unlock via Spying but I haven't played a game long enough to unlock Spies yet.

the graphics look like garbage, the GUI looks garbage. where's the information on that screen?

You have to raise your access level to their information
sending the 25 gold delegation is enough to see their opinion modifiers

There's an "access" level with all foreign civs. When you first meet them, you get nothing. If you pay the cash to establish an embassy and they accept it, you get a little more. Put in spies, get a little more. Buddy up with them, get a little more. And so on and so on. Every leader has one hardcoded agenda (Montezuma, for instance, wants all the luxuries, and he'll become hostile if you have any luxury resources that he doesn't), as well as one randomized agenda for that particular game (so Montezuma may ALSO want you to keep your citizens happy, which requires the same luxury resources he wants you to hand over. Which means that, in true Civilization fashion, no matter what you do, Montezuma will want to kill you).

I want to play this game because it looks pretty interesting to me, but I swear those models look something like I could make with Play doh or whatever the fuck they're called. I hope someone makes a mod to change them. How is the moddability of the game btw?

claymation?

You're just advertising right? I can't believe anybody would actually play this piece of shit.

I'm pirating it just to give a whirl. Certainly won't buy it though. Maybe I'll like it more than Civ V, maybe not.

I'm playing as the only Russia on the map

Fucking Arabia rebuilding Aleppo.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

The only complaint I have so far is that barbarians are way too hyperactive; if you clear out an encampment it will respawn within 4 turns of being out of line of site on ebic. This means that you’ll have to either park units in the fog of war, have an army on constant rotation to keep killing them, or expand till there isn’t any more spaces for an encampment to spawn.

No one ever made actual 3D leader models for custom Civ 5 civs and the engine is probably just an upgrade so the only thing they could do is probably still images.

I'll probably pick this up once the modding community adds Nazi Germany and the USSR.

LOW ENERGY SHILLING

I lost 5 turns later.

Well, finished a culture victory with the Medici bitch.
Japan decided they wanted into space, and were resisting my culture.
So my peacefull civilization of frogs was forced to develop nuclear baguettes and nuke the weebs.
Kinda funny to see Teddy and the German dude fighting each other on my continent. They each had two cities at 4 pop on oposite sides and constantly asked me for open borders so they could slap each other's cities. Never bothered to declare war on me, since I fucked them up early on.

My thoughts:
DIPLOMACY
Miles better. The agenda bit helps you understand why the AI does what it does. The Causus Belli inclusion is a good idea, but I dunno if it's that well executed, since I never had Causus belli on anyone. Gonna have to play with some warmongering nigger to be sure.
I like that there's a Causus Belli just for attacking civs less evolved than you, "Colonialism" or some shit, fucking hilarious.
The AI still does some retarded shit, but overall, they don't backstab you as much.
The envoy system for city states is… okay I guess. Didn't invest much in it, but I sorta like it and see it working. Dunno how much use it can have if you focus on it.

COMBAT
Well, UPT is still there. And because of the unit cycling plus some bugs when right-cliking elements of the hud instead of the hexes, you can screw up an entire atack on a city and lose a few units. The support units are a good idea, and I hope they realease more in the expansion. As it stands, they don't have a lot of uses.
Unit stacking is a neat concept however, should have appeared earlier in the game though. Basically: you pick a unit, put it next to another unit of the same type and they get absorved like amoebas. That makes a "corps" and adds some strength. Kinda sucks, since it's a +10 stactic bonus. Later one you can need to unlock the other tech so you can fuse them once more and make an "army". That's a +25 bonus I think. At least it keeps their upgrades and XP. Still cuts down on the microing, and I don't move a lot of units anyway.
There's a problem late-game though. Roads were more abudant in Civ V. Here… they sorta make sense because they appear where units normally travel (trade routes). But I often found myself trekking 8 or more units through a valley with no roads but full of forests. That shit sucked. You do get a Military engineer to build roads wherever you want though.

CITY-BULDING
This one is a vast improvement over Civ V. Saying "they stole districts from EL!" doesn't really do it justice. There's several diferent districts: The main passive one's are the Economic, Industrial and Faith districts. These don't do much by themselves, just stack +X of that resource on the city. They do get bonuses from neighbouring tiles (like Faith districts get bonues from being near montains).
Now, Culture disctrics can house your Great Works of Art and later one have a museum to train archeologists and plunder artifacts from your neighbours. Very similar to Civ V (even with the themeing bonuses and the like).
Dock districts are were boats come out (duh) and like Comercial districts, they also give you an extra trading route. Which I like, since I always felt limited by Civ V and the lack of routes. Here, I finished the game with 25, and that's enough Trading to feed a lot of soldiers.
Then there's a residencial district (provides housing) and an aqueduct to provide water.
The Housing system seems to work better to ballance tall/wide than the "lolglobalhappyness" ever did, and I like it so far. Same for Amenities instead of happyness. They encourage trading with other players better than the dumb "one unit of pearls is enough for a whole kindgom" retardation.

GREAT PERSONS
Well, I heard every city-state had a diferent thing going and provided diferent benefits. Seems they did the same for the great persons. Every one does something diferent. One engineer from the classical era had the ability to improve one of my cities. Later on, another engineer had instead the ability to rush a wonder. The third engie had the ability to rush the spaceproject. You get the picture.
You can also "pass them up" if you don't want that particular great person and get the next one.

ARTSTYLE
Some leaders are well done (the german guy, Teddy) some are horrendous (Ghandi, Medici bitch). They're not as bad when they're moving, but on still images, they look like aliens. Some voice lins seemed to missing too.
The units/terrain/city has a more "cell shaded look". I like it, but I don't really think many people will like it.
I like the Hud, or at least, they style they picked. It's simple, clear and elegant enough. What I don't like about it is a bunch of shit missing that I can't see. For instance, the menu to pick trading routes is very neat looking. But it doesn't let me order them by "optimal" route. The menu for work of arts aparently lets you swap them between museums… but you can't really do that until you have BOTH full museums and it fails to tell you that tells you you need A museum, not both. I'd also prefer the old city view back. It's there, technically. But you have to click an extra button to see it.
They also tried something new with that "lenses" bullshit. It simply doesn't work. Clicking on that shit to see religion for instance. On Civ V you could hover over the religion symbol for that city and get a follower count. Here you can't see it on other player's city, only a "ring" that guessimate on the composition. IT also doesn't show religion pressure. Maybe that's out? Inquisitors seem to work a lot better anyway.
The tourism thing is also laughable. I know how it works and the mechanics behind it, but the hud is terrible at showing it. The "tourism" lens shows you some circles with numbers that don't correlate with anything else. It's hilarious.
The policy screen is really bad too. 1/3 of the screen is covered in nothing, another 1/3 has the slots you can fill, and then you end up with 30 to 40 tiny rectangles on the remaining 1/3 that you have to pick from. And when you get a new card, you gotta hunt for that miniscule "!" sign on the top corner, because they're not ordered by alphabetical order.

MISC STUFF
Spies are back like Civ 4, but they're somewhat more limited.
Policy cards are a good system, could use a better screen though.
Districts take long to build, upgrades for those districts/units don't, so the game progresses a bit faster.
Some things are too situational (National parks, Great Admirals, some of the policy cards) and unless you deliberate chase a situation where they're usefull, you'll never use them at all.
Performance is miles better than Civ V, I'm impressed. Short loading times, and the multiplayer works without a hitch.
Still needs more options on game setup.

FINAL OPINION
Like many people said, Civilization games are about choices and decisions.
Back when I played Civ 3, you only had decisions to make on your first 4-5 games. After that, you had a build order, and the whole thing got mechanized.
Civ 4 diversified it a bit, and allowed many ways of playing it.
Civ 5 gave you EVEN more decisions to make. It gave them every turn even. But each one weighed almost nothing, and nothing you picked was actually important. Just a lot of busy work.

Civ 6 finnaly understand what the series is about. Especially on the districts thing. They also allowed us to ignore parts of the research tree (even more so on the policies tree) and even the choices you pick with diplomacy have long-lasting effects. It doesn't throw this things often at you, just with the reight frequency.

I'd say it's an 8/10. Could become 9/10 with more content, but it's a step forward from Civ 5 and I think it can stand next to Civ 4 without feeling embarassed.
And I'm honestly surprised, after Civ Beyond Shite, I expected this thing to be a colossal fuck up with timers and stamine or a cashop or some shit. It's actually pretty fun so far.

The one good thing about civ 6 is it made me appreciate stellaris more, repirated that with the new patch and dlc and having a good time.

This is by far the most generous opinion I've heard of Civ VI. Not sure if subtle troll.

Anyway, I don't get the unit stacking mechanic. Sounds like having two separate units would be better than merging the two together when the resulting unit isn't twice as strong.
Am I missing something?

I think the idea is so you can actually fit a proper amount of units through a chokepoint or something

Is the AI intelligent enough to utilise chokepoints?

Let me stop you there.

MBANZA!!!!

What the fuck am I looking at?

Each one of those doesn't need to be worked by a citizen and provides +2 Food +4 Gold and +5 Housing

Sorry, mate. Can't hear you over how awesome this ocean expansion for Endless Legend is. Being fish dudes is rad.

I do it for free, if you were wondering.

That ocean base looks pretty cool.

I ain't gonna lie, that's a fortress that is created on world gen that you can take over, garrison troops in and receive resources from but you can't build them.

Most games like this are allergic to ocean city building it seems. Though to be fair it would probably fuck this game's balance to hell since it wasn't made with that in mind.

I'm waiting for the day that there's a game where you build your nation from the ground up, down to unique benefits, units, buildings etc.

The game does let you take a base unit and outfit it with different weapons/armor/trinkets based on the resources you have access to. Nice bit of customization that lets you change the bonuses and stats and rename the units. The civs are all really unique and have mostly unique units.

Buildings and leader bonuses and stuff unfortunately are not customizable. If only Spore wasn't garbage, right?

Yeah. I'd really love to see a grand strategy game that started in the stone age with you managing a small tribe, trying not to die, building my way up to an empire, only to find 20 hours in that the rest of the world has super progressed in technology and I'm essentially the new world to be conquered.

What is it with Holla Forums lately and circle jerking to off-brand crap games?

Can we talk about games that aren't bargain bin alternatives for once, without it being all shit posts?

Tell us why Civ 6 is good and why Endless Legends is inferior.

Because people can like other games that aren't popular trash? It's like expecting everyone to like Warcraft 3 because it was popular and pretend other RTS at the time were hipster trash.

Fuck off. Overwatch and Wow are shit.

The civilization builder system in Empire Earth sounds somewhat like what you're talking about.
Basically, every civilization has bonuses for specific kinds of units. For example Rome has better infantry and sturdier buildings while Germany has better tanks and villagers.
In addition the expansion added unique bonuses for each civ. Things like flaming arrows when you're in the earlier ages or slavery which gives you a free villager for every couple of enemy villagers killed.
A word of warning if you try it out, the skirmish AI cheats to an incredible level. I don't mean shit like AoE where they get some eco bonuses and that's it, I mean the AI literally has infinite resources and sends out villagers to give the illusion that it needs them. If you turn off the cheats for the AI then it pretty much breaks down and becomes completely ineffective. Either play the campaigns or play online.

So they modeled the modern world well then?

c,mon endless fag nobody is shitting on your game, so don't take civ vi thread as a threat

>flavor of the month week and hate cirklejerks
You forgot the local motto is: think like a goldfish, cling to shit opinions like a beeatch?

Just started. My builder disappeared after building 3 farms, is that normal?

they only have 3 uses, that includes repairing improved tiles when they get pillaged, you cant repair districts using them so don't bother

also choose your districts carefully, i ended building a shit ton of districts in my capital and now i cannot build them further without having to wait an eternity until my population grows 3more citizens

At least in th ecapaign they don't have infinite resources i know very well

EE was my first RTS and since i was such a first timer i ended up going into 20 hour long attrition battles until the CPU exhausted every resource and then i raided their cities to win, god bless these insanely resistent walls that you can build for so cheap and without restrictions

Sorry for late reply I was asleep. The reason why no one made 3d leaders for Civ V (actually they did, but they use already existing animations from previously existing civs, like Mansa Musa) was the game was hard as shit the mod. This was also the reason why popular mods like Fall from Heaven never got converted to Civ V. IIRC they promised great moddability in this game, something like XCOM 2, though I don't know how was moddability in that game either

Finishing my second game, playing as harold
Shit is so cheap, when you start rush the longships, make 3 as quick as possible
Then find another player with a capital adjacent to the ocean
It goes down so fast they can't react

Everything you listed is fucking garbage.

Spore

it still hurts

I've never really understood what tall meant in regards to Civ…

civ vi is a good game you should buy it

Not at 60 bucks I'm not.

This whole site is Holla Forums user, most of the world is now redpilled as well.

As I understand it, it means having a handful of well developed cities instead of lots of mediocre ones.

Why not?
Didn't you like the other Civs?

Also:

OP here, I would never recommend anyone buy this shit, you'll play for 2 days and get bored

Because it's the same as the other Civs? This one more than ever.

Indeed.
You already know it's "fun".
Now open you wallet goy.

It has quite a few changes but unfortunately it aint worth dick without coming expansions, I wonder where they will take things, if this is for the most part the final game then good night.

lmao

I did, but I did so when on sale and the expansions released.

Oh! Oh now I think I get it, it means 'tall' as in developed cities with tall buildings.

Wow you stupid fucker.
Civ games are shit.

WHY ARE ALL THE 3D LEADERS SO UGLY

MAGA

Yeah this.

is he still alive?

I still can't believe there are people out there that actually pre-ordered this shit even after the failure that was Beyond Earth at launch.

I remember Beyond Earth didn't even support my monitor properly when it first came out (I was forced to play in windowed mode due to the game flat out not supporting anything higher than 1080p at higher than 60hz and it didn't even have any kind of borderless fullscreen mode either). I suffered through one 9 hour game and then uninstalled the piece of shit.

From what I've played so far the AI are even more retarded and/or batshit crazy than the Civ V AI. Some examples from my current game playing as Japan:
>America is a neighbor to my south a fair distance away, they eventually get around to settling their second city after I'd settled my third, but good old Roosevelt decided to set it up directly next to my fucking capital (mind you it was a shit location and he had plenty of better land to his south, east and northeast, it almost seems like he put it there purely to steal that one fucking random bonus resource from my capital that my borders hadn't reached yet), and then started complaining a little while later that my units are too close to his borders (he also ended up declaring twice, both times with nothing but Warriors and Heavy Chariots, though I think I did end up seeing maybe one whole Swordsman by the time I decided to rape his shit, even though his fucking capital was sitting on more Iron by itself than I had period)
>Another neighbor to my east (France) only ever had the one city even though there was plenty of room for other cities around them. I remember getting a notification around turn 140 or so that they had built a settler, and then recently at about turn 240 I ended up conquering Paris and eliminating them from the game only to find out that that one settler from way back never fucking moved from Paris, so I ended up with a free settler and they basically threw the game for themselves with that act of stupidity.
>The largest and most dangerous army I've seen to date is owned by a nearby city state that I happen to be the Suzerain of. For a while there it actually scared me more than the nearby Civs because Russia happened to become its Suzerain for a short time during one of his 'friendly playgroup sessions'. Granted the city state's forces were mostly warriors and archers but the sheer number of them would have still been deadly even to me if I wasn't paying attention.

All of this from playing on Prince (I'm not exactly an expert Civ player and Prince was around the highest I got to in Civ V, so I figured Prince should be a decent challenge in VI, but it seems I'll have to really bump up the difficulty next game. I can only imagine how disappointed Deity players must feel in the AI this time around. As for the UI, I'm fucking pissed that there's no way to scale the UI (yeah the option is there but it doesn't work). My monitor is 27'' 1440p, so at the moment I pretty much have to plant my face to the screen to even see what's going on half of the time and it just gives me a headache. I could play at 1080p or something but then it'd just look blurry as shit. Also load times are pretty annoying even on an SSD. I certainly don't remember Civ V taking that long to load.

I hope you didn't actually pre-order this, user.

Pirated.

what is wrong with you people? support these awesome devs and play this wonderful game they designed for you

or are you incapable of higher level thought lol

How? Prince is the first difficulty level where the game stops throwing freebies at you (difficulties below prince give you more happiness, less unhappiness, units cost less gold, etc.) but Prince is still dead easy.

I can't imagine playing prince in any civ game and having any trouble at all.

So long as you keep building buildings in your cities and upgrading the tiles your civilians are working I don't even think that its possible to lose at that difficulty.

Did you used to go retarded with settlers or something? You sound like a fucking retard.

Although I mostly play multiplayer, and playing against real people forces you to get better quick if you don't want to get fucked up. I can't comprehend a person being so bad that prince level AI would ever pose a threat.

Not him, but I hate bonuses/nerfs going either way, even if it does make the game pretty easy.

Prince is the difficulty that separates the people who like Civ5 and those who don't.

I suspect it'll be the same here. Although I was playing on King and the AI is still not really good at expanding or upgrading units.

It's also really fucking amazing how the game becomes slower over time because hammer requirement outpaces hammer production.

BE was so bad and boring, i pirated it, effortlessly won my first game on the "fair" difficulty, whatever that was called, by forcing an affinity I didn’t have resources for.

Another guy, i always play on the "fair" difficulty, i don't really like the idea of just giving the AI bonuses and it gets really dumb on higher ones.
Also while i don't think it's likely/possible to get destroyed in CIV V on prince you can still run out of turns if you screwed around without aiming for a victory condition.
Science victory is piss easy though since nobody can really interfere and aren't really competing with anyone.
Culture is harder since there is at least one other civ that went culture and it's harder to catch up with tourism.

Back to civ VI, AI seems to be more aggressive than V on prince. I have seen it stay one city and make like 7 warriors and attack within 50 turns of the game and because cities are weaker and can't bombard it's possible to actually get knocked out if you expanded ignoring military.
If you know it’s coming you can get swordsmen by that time and outplay the AI with your better units since it's still retarded in combat.

I was about to give a serious answer but then you started projecting.

Why are those cities so close together? What god would allow this unaesthetic garbage?

It's just a benchmark setup.

No way in hell managing that many cities is fun or viable.

Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention the AI back in
I think they tried to improve it, and you can actually see the attempt:
But then again, it seems like they fucked up nearly everything else. I saw a grand total of ONE actually developed city while I played. The AI constantly had settlers wondering around without actually making a city. And when they DID make a city, they made it far, far away from any other city of his. I thought it was because of resources or water avalability, but I got far enough to see someone settling a city in the middle of a desert, so I dunno.

Aka: they have a lot to patch now.

Consider this: Sewers give you 2 Housing.
That's another two villagers. On the right tiles, this might equal 6 Production, 4 Food and 3 Gold.
Now go look at the other upgrades you can get for 15 turns. Some give 5 Gold. Some give 4 production. Or the small 2 food one for isntance.
Yeah, it's balanced.
I'd rather have "overpowered but takes long to build" than "cheap and fast, but does jackshit".
That's what Civ BE did. Constantly asking you for shit and buldings that gave you a +1 here or there. Sometimes you got lucky and it was a +2.

My download will finish about in 1 hour. There aren't any 1 day patches or 1 day mod releases that I should I care about right?

You can, you need to go to the /documents/mygames/civ6 file and edit the UserOptions file to make the following change:
;Does the selection auto cycle to the next available unit? (0 = no, 1 = yes)
AutoUnitCycle 0

-Religious Victory (I like more victory conditions but it sounds like this could be too easy, haven't really seen it in action)
They did something interesting with religion, as religious units cant be targeted/captured by military units. Instead you fight them with other religious units, just like military units fight. Units who win spread their religion for an amount to all cities in like 6 tiles, and the loser loses religion in the same radius. It's kinda shitty and boring right now but maybe it can be made better.

Well, there's the aztecs pre-order bonus.
Pirate that shit.

I'm pirating it Digital Deluxe and pre-order version, so it has Aztecs. To be honest I don't even know what extras does Digital Deluxe version have, I'm just downloading it because it sounds cool

at the moment nothing, just the season pass

Honestly I probably will download it first, Ill buy it if its good though that probably wont be until later like V.

So, is it even remotely possible to maintain a polite if not friendly relations with the AI?

Who did, fam?

Cities can bombard, you need to build walls for them to do this though. They made ignoring military and building infrastructure early on very risky. You will need to get walls up if you want to ignore military.

Yes, provided you do exactly what they want and have the same government as them. if not get ready to endless denouncements because you have a different government.

What about "hidden" -12(or more) modifiers or "you're weak" while I'm at dozen rank 3-4 units AND a tech tier higher then him?
Getting some serious CiV flashbacks here aka play on king+ and every single AI makes a beeline for you

Sounds realistic tbh

That means you're not doing what they want, or not enough of it. You can have only a few military units that are also 3 eras ahead, but because you only have 3 some AI will say that youre weak. Not the case and also retarded.

she's a qt tbh fam.

I play on difficulty 6 almost all the time and the AI doesnt do that. Ive had many war-free games and the only ones to attack me are warmongers like Shaka or Oda or Atilla. They dont hold grudges against me either.

I'm sorry, greatest ally, I already have the best Civ game, it's called Call to Power.

Its amazing that the leader cutscenes manage to lag on a modern system.

The leader cutscenes work fine for me. The game itself will hit to 40 fps in the later eras though for me. Have a 770 and an i5 4570, and changing the settings lower doesn't seem to help. I would assume it's my mobo cause I got a cheap ass one.

I thought that's a cheap Civ knockoff.

Also, one of my favorite things is that you can steal great works now.

She looks like a man

The first one was licensed, but the second wasn't. Either way, the content was still the best, you had stuff like corporations, spies, maglves, undersea cities and orbital elevators with aerostat cities by the end of the game, you know, all those things that the main CIV series tend to "invent" and then spontaneously forget by the next game.

Really, I bet the only reason the new Civs don't have all this stuff is because Firaxis has a detailed schedule for when to shuffle features in and out in order to make them seem "new".

Haha, I am guilty of this.

But really I could go into detail about what WoW does wrong and FF14 does right. Legion is better than the last 2 expacs but that is an incredibly low bar to hurdle.

Also, c'mon man cat waifus. Who the fuck doesn't love cat girls? More games should have cat girls in my opinion.

Please do. I never liked WoW, but maybe I might like FF14 if I can get past the weebshit. I might finally be able to play an MMO with my friends without getting bored.

That's true for half the leaders. The other half isn't anything special, but sorta okay.
As for the map/units/cities, I personally like it, some people don't. You can call it "hurrendous" if you want, but don't generalize everybody's opinion with yours.

When did you try WoW? It has the same Themepark thing going on for it as FF14 isn't a sandbox MMO.

I actually need to go to sleep so I will have to give you the quick version.
-/+its still an MMO take it or leave it
+more classes
+more interesting classes and themes in my opinion
+more professions
+better profession system that is its own game for some people
+way better character creation
+better looking armor and weapons
+way way more armor and weapons
+better leveling experience that is accompanied by
+/- an okay story
+that gets way better later
+better late game content
+more late game content
+more diversity in late game content
+more frequent updates
+better updates
+with devs that communicate with fans even though they speak an entirely different language
+better GRAFIX and nicer environments
-zones are sectioned off and it's not one big seamless world
+there is actually a social aspect left in this online
-other humans annoy me
+but its less lonely than WoW where you rarely if ever interact with other people
+music is good
+fun holiday events with new shit every year unlike WoW where it has been the exact same for a decade
-combat is slower
+some classes are way more complex
-some are not
+cat girls
+amazon girls
+unlike many other asian mmos you can actually make a bad-ass guy if you want to instead of some fucking poof that appeals to fujoshi
+/- lot of women play the game

Honestly the weebiness was a plus to me (and not that bad compared to every other asian mmo i played) because I was so tired of western fantasy style at the time. I never played an FF game before so it was very novel and new for me.

I like the palace of the dead, and I hope more content in the future does weird shit like it.

FF14's new expansion sounds really good though, but basically, the reason I like FF14 is it's like WOTLK wow on steroids.

Well, I normally am not a graphic whore but the mobile like style they took here especially when you look at the map with unit and cities is horrible, it's too cluttered and civ 5 was miles better

Matter of preference, really. I liked Civ V too, the artstyle did make it look rather "epic" in the real sense of the word.
But on the other hand, I also like artstyles that are more simple. This game reminds me of Reus for instance.
user, not even close. If you're looking at , that's for benchmarking.
The game looks closer to for instance. And that user spammed the hell out of residential districts.
I agree however that it can start looking like crap very quikly. This for instance, is what I mentioned before with the "lenses" shit.
It's suposed to show you how religion has spread and the like, but the end result is pretty much just smearing shit everywhere, and you get to spend 5 minutes identifying shit smears for clues about how the game is doing.

What the game needs is cheaper districts but with greater scaling costs, multiple districts of the same type per city and actual civ bonuses worth a damn that make the civs unique to play. Of course it'll feel shit to play if you focus your game around districts but make it a fucking chore to build them in any number AND have no particularily meaningful choices in building them.

This good community is being ruined by the fucking anti-semitic Holla Forumsack fucks. For fuck sake we are trying to discuss video games, assholes.

No.
The costs for districts right now are breddy good.
You're not suposed to slap 6 districts on each city. And in case you haven't noticed yet, you need to reach certian population numbers in that city to add extra districts.
You're meant to specialize a city in production. Or art and culture. Or faith and economy.
If you don't have enough disctrics of one kind, you need more cities, not cheaper districts.

(1)

I'm playing it right now. AI feels stupider than Civ V, in some game mechanics it feels like they improved from Civ V and mixed things from previous civs. Whatever the game is fucking 5 gb, you can pirate it and try it yourself if you want that's not the point of my post

One thing I seriously miss from Civ V(one of the few things Civ V did much better than previous Civs, and it did great imo) is leader screens. Harald greeting you on a fucking longship, Montezuma greeting you near a fucking sacrificial altar etc were much, much better than the shit we have now. In Civ VI they don't even have backgrounds for fucksake, it's just a shitty painting. Where the hell did the budget go?

The rumors from kotaku say civ 6 is even better than Civ 5 with the brave new world expansion pack!

Comparison really shines down hard on things huh?

Weird, he was way fatter before.

He absolutely did that in CiV until they patched warmonger penalty somewhat. You were quite literally in the red with civilization you haven't even met due to sheer warmonger/denounce combo.
CiVI shows the same problem.
And I usually play(ed) V on Immortal since Deity is bullshit unless stars align or you play a drawn out domination campaign

Tell me about it. I've quite literally painted the cliffs of dover red with hindu, brit and didnu blood since they need to go thru a two field narrow pass and they keep on coming.

BUY THE GAME

How the fuck do you ruin a game series so fast like this? Civ4 was 10000000x more advanced then this piece of shit and looked better

sheeit

I seriously can't tell if this is legit piss-poor and desperate shilling, or very shitty ironic shitposting.

He drunk?

Why this shit is allowed.

He looks like a magical girl.

is it shit?

AYO HOL' UP

WE WUZ KANGZ

Asian Civ Rev 2+ boxart Cleo is best Cleo

WE

WUZ

FAGGOTS

Heh, you're expecting the game to like you when the developers have wanted it more like a beard game. :^) I bet you want to kiss faggots in Candy Land than win too.

you have autosaves every 5 turns or so

What Civ should I be for my next game?

How do I roleplay effectively in Civ

Play fucking grand strategy.

Typical anti-semite fuck who can only talk about holocaust denial.

I already do.
Thanks for saging.

get out kike. that word has no power here.

why don't you people like this game?

Your background seems like it might be faggy.

It's a major release. You're not allowed to like it.

looks like FF concept art?

It's Civ V but worse, and with no mods. Fuck that.

It's as buggy as Civ5 on launch and fixes none of the major issues with its prequel. Hence it's bad.

Shitty Amano? Could be but doesn't seem stringy enough.

Shamefur.

because the shills for this game won't accept that we won't buy it.

Absolute shit

What DRM does it use?

Steam. So none.

I already have Age of Wonders 3, no need for a civ title.

Because you are not making good games, Firaxis. You are making marketing research trash for braindead retards. First make so your game's visual design doesn't make people puke just by looking at it and then make an actually good AI for once instead of dumbed down garbage.

Fuck you. We spent years on this game. YEARS.

I'm sick of trying to convert you losers. Sane people know our game is good. Why did Molyneux even assign us to this place anyway?

Doesn't work that way, fagmaster.

You should have spent some time on developing a good AI instead of pasting in the algorithms from the predecessor.

I played Civ IV

Oh you.

hello 2005

Wasn't CIA's game 100gb?

SteamGuard is easy to penetrate, much like your distended loose asshole.

Yeah. That's why I pirate games that use it instead of buying them.

that's a big game

What a slut.

Just played it along with stellaris. Better than the latter for sure. I'd rather play sins of the solar empire than play shitty stellaris.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

holy guacamole, turns end up taking forever as you hit renaissance, i assume its because the ai is obsessed with building nothing but spearmen and pillaging the shit out of eachother

Yeah. And if you play on huge maps with most numbers of AI like me, it really takes shitload of time. I have to alt tab between turns and do something else every time

nope, its better than Civ V by far, also has better mechanics than Civ IV had on launch

Goddamn this AI is dumb. One of them joined in on my war to try and snag some easy cities. After I made peace with a few cities, this dumbfuck couldn't take one city with 15+ units. He perpetually moved units in, did a few hits then ran away for like 80 turns.

hopefully theyll patch it. it seems most games today are released only ceremoniously but still actually in a testing phase.

Stop shilling. No one is biting.

Im thinking on a build strategy/order for wonderhogger cultural china

So far:
Capital needs 3 things

Build order:
During this make military only if necessary
Then expand and BUILD THAT WALL

Stole the game, can't even get a fucking start

Playing on the higher difficulty when you are still new to the game could be hard, as the AI is cheating hard. But then eventually you learn the most efficient steps and the game becomes even more retarded.

Revolution.

Civ 4 is also easy to play.

The bonuses the AI gets even on King do seem a little odd. They massively outproduce the player early on. If you generalize your approach you'll be behind the AI and get shat on diplomatically or specialize and… still get shat on.

Unacceptable, in the late game the turns take about 18 seconds for me and I have an i74790K. I understand the enjoyment is subjective, but objectively this game is a poor unoptimized piece of shit, people should demand more from these fuckers. I can't enjoy the game because turn times are incredibly long. Even with the latest patches/expansion for Civ 5, it was still unoptimized and turns took forever. You would they would have fixed turn times, they would have taken advantage of PC hardware, you would have thought they'd make their own engine but no, they spend the budget on art assets. I'm gonna go check out the main civ forum and I'll bet not a single complaint for turn times.

I bet you even bought it.

No, I'm not a braindead consumerist. After getting shafted with Civ5 I knew not to buy this game. There are people here that bought it and are perfectly content with it.

It's not a bad game mechanically considering how bad civ5 was at the start. But every problem I have with the game is superficial, I hate the voice of the commentator, I hate the shitty fog of war look, civ leaders look like shit. No don't give some art is subjective hipster bullshit. The art style is just plain bad.

The new game mechanics looking just like random crap the decided to add so their game looks newer aside, surely the AI is enough of a reason to hate this fucking company.

I hate all those things too, especially the narrator and quotes, I've cringed. The music is absolute trash too. Honestly, it's not the worst game ever, but it's not a worthy successor to Civ 4. It's better than base game Civ 5, having global happiness was the stupidest thing.

Although these are minor things but they are annoying. Biggest things to me are the AI, and the UI. It takes 2 clicks to get into managing citizens view, I shouldn't have to open the city info tab to see the growth surplus I should be able to hover over the food bar. But the worst thing is the turn times, they better fix this shit or I won't buy it when it's discounted for $10. Fuck Firaxis.

If you have vision over their units, they'll move around. The camera simply doesn't focus on it.
You'll see it taking far less if you enable "quick combat" and "Quick movement".
Are you new to the franchise or something? That shit worked like that since Civ 3