Will we ever get Bad Company 3?

Will we ever get Bad Company 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope not. All the little things that made it fun would inevitably be gone and everything would be gay and niggerfied with a bigass pricetag and dlc.

Hopefully not. While the first one was okay, BC2 was what started the downward spiral of BF. Last good one was BF 2142 and before that 2, vietnam, 1942. Fuck even the ps2 port of BF2 was better than Bad Company.
If you want to play 2 and 2142 for free go to
battlelog.co/
Games are now completely free all on one launcher.

Once Battlefield sales start to slow down sure. That said they'll ignore the SP and BC2 had a surprisingly good campaign. I hated the rest of the game but I'd be happy to see more of the single player obviously I'd not pay full price for it.

Doesn't the launcher also cover Forgotten Hope 2?

I'm not sure. Check the forums. I'm pretty sure that Project Reality has gone standalone now however.

I haven't really been keeping up with the game to be honest. It nice to see them being kept alive though. I spent most of my time on 2 but looking back I think 1942 or perhaps Vietnam was the one I had the most fun with.

Not until we have a female lead and a cast of POC instead of the white cis supremacist squad and their token black excuse.

I'm sure they just fluke making a good game and have no idea what they're doing.

Sometimes it's that. Other times a good team comes together and has some unique ideas that get driven into the ground with sequels. Generally the good devs leave early on in this trend since they can see it coming from within.

kill yourself.

Christ is that hard for DICE to know what do people like so much about Bad Company?
A GOOD SP CAMPAIGN
>Huge, semi-sandbox map that you could dick around with vehicles (don't forget those radio stations)
>Collectibles, this time make the gold do something for SP or MP
>Wide-use of Vehicles, Jesus DICE just let the players ride what they want
>Hidden secondary missions to pad up replayability

That is all i could think of, i never play MP so sue me

So much this. I never really thought about it, but the BC series really is a bad cod clone. I miss old BF. Sadly, I don't think a new one in the old style is possible with EgAy at the helm. Thankfully I can keep playing 2 and 2142, but fuck, I would have loved to see a new setting.

Neo-Holla Forums liked BC2, fought tooth and nail with those rascals on The Chans. How could they not get even BF3 is a better game than BC2? Hell, I'd even say BF3 is one of the best games of the series. Too bad it's sequels were unacceptable (though I have heard they fixed up BF4 at some point, I haven't played it though).

The BC2 multiplayer is the worst thing this series has seen and I hope they aren't investigating that at all. The singleplayer was terrible as well but at least it had some character and humor. Appearantly BC1's singleplayer was alright.

If they are ever going to take anything from those two games they should learn from the singleplayer alone. Not that it really matters in Battlefield games, but if they are going to spend time to a singleplayer anyway, it might aswell be entertaining.

Stopped reading right fucking there.

this is an 18+ board, retard

I've never liked the battlefield games. Too much is sacrified to have a huge area to play in.

They you are again, I have fought you before and I will again.

Mind you I have played all Battlefield games up to Battlefield 3 with the exception of BC1 extensively. I will rip your arguments apart like nothing. It will be like Hiroshima to your brain. I will whirl through your reasoning like an experienced assassin.

The only, ONLY downside to BF3 multiplayer are the maps it released with.

Please fucking stop. I'm dying here.

bc2 was dog shit

Battlefield 3 was just that

Why is Holla Forums chock full of cuckchan threads especially with screencaps of articles from years ago so suddenly?

Haha holy shit.
If this isn't pasta, I'm stealing it.

Ice cream? I love ice cream!

fuck BC3, when are we getting Battlefield 2143

What was bad about it user?

-Smaller scale
-No faction exclusive weapons
-OP helis
-Even the basic stuff has to be unlocked
-No commander
-No 64 players
-Fuckhuge weapon models
-Some maps are completely unbalanced and one sided

What does it mean?

Battlefield 3 by itself could've been a good game, a great game in fact. Had it not been for EA.
It looks good other than the stupid color filter. It runs reasonably well, response is fast, movement fluid. It saw the return of 64 player maps and jets, all the goodness of the original Battlefield games plus the destructible environments and character kits/levels. The basis for a good game is there, and with the community that made the first games great it would've been. Had it not been for EA.

It probably wouldn't even have had that retarded color filter if EA hadn't influenced their dev. Not to mention Origin, something that only kiddies and niggers would find acceptable.

Bad Company was already a step back from Bad Company 1.
I don't want them to ruin that run even more with a third one.

it already has a nigger in it

-Maps (kinda)
-Lack of any faggy unfair gear/items like 3 and 4 had
-Actual front lines
-No prone (We were all hesitant, but it worked out..kinda)
-Less spawning behind lines
-No OP helicopter+engie
-No lock on without tracer
-Closer to BF1 and 2 then any others (still not perfect)

You know what, I think I just might reinstall it. But watch, Dice will think people liked BC for the story.

Dude, are you kidding? Never.

After the shit shows of BF3,4 and WE WUZ KANGS, do you really want them to make it?

I'll give you benefit of the doubt and assume you are joking.
Yes BC2 wasn't perfect, and a far cry from the first 3 BF titles, but god damn you're a moron

At this point it wouldn't even be worth playing. I know I know "dont let the opinions of the developers or the publishers affect your opinion on the game" but at this point I fucking hate EA so much I wouldn't get Bad Company 3 even if it were free and looked better than BC2. Fuck those marxist faggots.

You know it would get the nu-Ghostbusters/Star Wars treatment don't you? It would probably be a reboot like Mirror's Edge too.

/thread
don't forget about nearly all of the sound design allowed the guns to be/feel loud
EA/DICE would just focus test the game into mediocrity

BC2 was an utter CoD clone and you know it. Conquest was gimped, not even say, it was ruined (unlike in BF3), Jets were out (unlike BF3), prone was out (unlike in BF3), it was a straight console port (unlike in BF3), the maps were tiny as fuck (unlike in BF3), it did not support 64 players (unlike in BF3), helicopters had restricted movement and were designed for consoles (unlike in BF3), maps barely had any vehicles to speak off in the first place (unlike BF3). For all intents and purposes it was a Call of Duty clone, combat was concentrated on the frontline alone and teamwork was completely out of the question. Every map played out exactly the same because conquest was just Rush but with less objectives.

At least BC2 didn't try to pretend that it's not a cod clone console spin off unlike BF3. I was expecting BF3 to be an actual sequel to BF2 but instead we got a cod clone with slightly larger maps and more vehicles pretending to be a mainline BF game. BF4 and WE WUZ KANGS are more of the same shit. BF is dead.

BF3 was a mainline Battlefield game and was definitely not a console port. It was an improvement on Battlefield 2 in almost all aspects.

They literally have no fucking idea what people find fun

I think the Battlefield series' biggest mistake was introducing 3D spotting. Having Doritos appear over everyone's heads dumbed down the gameplay by a lot.

If we do it'll be garbage, just like everything else that comes out of Current Year EA. I hope they just let it die peacefully.

Surprise surprise

A gunfight in a moving train does sound fun now that I think about it, especially if it has interiors and isn't just a regular Battlefield vehicle.

It was absolute dog shit.
Netcode was compliant with the console requirements meaning it was low tick rate shit. 3D spotting being default and allowed at all in ranked servers was also fucking horse shit. PC version forced to wait for patches so they can patch the console version at the same time.
Low map ceiling meaning you were constantly stalling in jets if you tried to pull off any bigger moves with them, choppers handled like ass, you could not even fly upside down or do a loop in them. TV missile was broken and could end in your own chopper exploding or violently losing control when you launched until like the last patch the game ever received.

If those fags knew what people liked about games they would be making good ones.
Unless they listen to reddit.

not like witcher was ever good

BC2 was the last BF I enjoyed.
The destruction was nutty for the time in a MP game and the sound and mapdesign was so fucking good.
Given I'm a rush player and not snoozequest.

Too bad EA wanted the series to go full "CoD with vehicles"

Those events where they gave out new maps to those who did more teamwork? Lovely.

BF3's main criticism is argued to be it's netcode, but I personally never experienced it's problems. I do not doubt these problems exist but I cannot comment on them. I have about 300 hours in Battlefield 3 and I have never died behind cover, et cetera. My internet connection happens to be very good, that might be why.
As for the other problems you have listed, 3D spotting was solved for the most part in a later patch. Sure it is not the best mechanic anyway, but it is hardly game-breaking. People are completely overreacting to it. You misremember the patching thing with that of BC2 actually. BF3 PC and BF3 consoles were split into different branches quiet early after release, and lots of patches for PC could be done serverside.
The only map with map ceiling problems was Noshar Canals, the others were fine. Helicopters were great, what the hell are you talking about? Take a look at BC2 helicopters, that was the worst thing. And the flight ceiling of BC2 maps was lower than Noshar Canals'.

All in all, you have listed all it's problems and failed to acknowledge it's virtues. Infantry felt much better than BF2, it's so good the game would survive on its own without vehicles. Weapons were appropriately balanced, the game was well supported with many patches, all vehicles were fun and good at their job, the game had a very low entry and a fairly high skill ceiling, teamwork interplay was a great thing. It worked exactly like BF2 in that regard: a loose teamwork relationship but constantly there and absolutely necessary. It is the greatest feeling when you push up with a group of random infantry guys and a division of tanks, then backed up by helicopters. All this with barely any communication.

Battlefield was always shit

700 hours of constant bhopping assaults using only le balanced m16a3 beg to differ my man.
The only teamwork I ever saw in BF3 was the endless revive trains by both team filled with only assault.
And the netcode was worse than BC2 and that's saying alot.

when am i going to be a medic and heavy weapons guy at once again?

never ever

will king tut ever grace us again with his funky dance moves?

Then how about you shut the fuck up instead of wasting everyone's time with your worthless anecdotes?

You forgot to add that Bad Company:Vietnam was one of the best uses of DLC in the history of gaming.

I miss that time.

It could have been good

for those interested you can pirate mulitplayer of 3 and 4 through zloemu, russian emulated servers

I'm saving this for future reference.

i'm saving this to penetrate your butthole, poofter

All those hackers

That doesn't change the fact that BC2 does not pretend to be a mainline BF game unlike BF3 which is barely a step up from BC2 while pretending to be a successor to BF2.
And the fact that you think the choppers were great or flight ceiling high enough proves that you barely used any of them, they were absolute dog shit compared to BF2.
Try doing a barrel roll in BF3 choppers I dare you.
I remember waiting over a month for Dice to fix the G3A3 underbarrel shotgun rape trains because they didn't want to patch the PC version before the console version.
Who the fuck wants to play BF without vehicles? Oh right, the same retards who played metro 24/7 because they cant into thinking or changing classes to meet the teams needs.

I hate to say it, but sometimes the version of the game with limited options and space is the better one. Especially when the developer has no idea what it's doing.

BC2 worked because the frontline didn't break down into a weird blob of randomly clashing teams, most of the maps are corridors (this okayish design is likely an accident based on technical reasons). And since the game was so linear play testers could actually spot when the maps didn't work. Plus players could only be behind the enemy team, flanking, or on the front. Really easy to trim off the player 'tactics' that make the team lose.

With the really, really limited time DICE gives their testers, a BF large map is only going to be worked on by the horde of EA artists (think color filters) and no one else. And since no one knows how the BF series works, tests how the game plays… DICE literally can't into games anymore.

I think Rising Storm 2 is going to fall into the "sandboxes is best, how does i maps" trap like Battlefield and lose a lot of cohesiveness. Or scale it back and cut up the maps into connected semi-corridors.

thousand yard stare

Making good games drains your soul

Because that's what makes games good

Spoiler that picture

do you want me to pat your head and hold hands?