Metroid thread

So while I was living under a rock in the desert I guess that Federation Force game came out. Is it any good?

I just dusted off my wii and found my old copy of the prime trilogy that I never played past the first game on, and my friend keeps hitting me up about some metroid 2 remake that nintendo keeps trying to shut down. What should I play first?

Metroid thread, all games welcome.

Unfortunately the page for the harmony of a hunter albums has gone down but you can find DDLs for both albums here
metroid-database.com/harmonyofahunter.php
metroid-database.com/harmonyofahunter101.php

yes, buy it

Fed Farce pretty much did nothing to help mend things between Nintendo and Metroid fans after Other M and six years (I think) of nothing, and DMCAing AM2R just added to that. I suspect that, had Federation Force released alongside an actual Metroid title that made an effort to avoid coming anywhere close to Other M, it might not have had the reception it did, but it's pretty much a kick in the sack as things are.

Anyhow, try checking the vola or share threads for AM2R, some user can probably hook you up with the most recent version since once something's on the net, it's on the net regardless of attempts to remove it.

I foresee great things for Metroid on the Switch.

I can grab a copy via usb any time really, I live in a place where internet is so shit that rather than sending links we jog to each other's homes with usbs and portable drives when we have something to share.

Does it have single cart play or does everybody need a cart for proper multi? Because I have some people I could do local with but getting people to actually buy things is a different matter.

He's been forced into their mobile divisions where his shit became fucked up.

Well, AM2R's not real big in filesize at about 80 MB as a zip. Just saying, even on a shitty connection I doubt it would take all that long.

Well, I went and bought federation force, and I would love an actual metroid prime game with these controls. The only fix I really need is a combined control scheme, that lets you use gyro controls and the secondary stick. On it's own the gyro control is actually pretty accurate, but having turning and movement on a single stick is terrible and turning more than 180 with the gyro is an exercise in looking and feeling stupid. Control scheme B plays like a standard FPS, but the secondary stick is really substandard, and a full sized stick or allowing for mixing in the gyro controls for more precision aiming would be nice.

In more detail on the gyro controls, you hold R to enable them and there's a secondary mode when you're locked on the gyro controls still work but in a limited area, basically just letting you input lead. That works pretty nicely, and you can enable the secondary gyro control in the traditional two stick scheme as well, but it feels awkward.

Why would you do that
The final boss fight is just a game of Blast Ball with Samus as the ball
I'm dead fucking serious

I would assume because told him to.

Trying to find something to do while I wait for my bro to catch up in monster hunter because he's fucking SLOW, also maybe if people buy it they might make another real metroid game

Yeah I know

Is that dungeon meshi?

holy fuck thats JUST if ive ever seen one

No user, if people buy it they'll make another metroid game like it. It was best to not buy it at all and finally just let Samus rest from being treated the way she's been.
The penultimate boss is you beating the shit out of Samus blastball style. You then fight another mother brain type thing then just as your characters are about to die from being left in space Samus comes in and saves them.

I should add that the Space Pirates somehow manage to capture Samus and use a beam that makes her grow into a giant.

Reminds me of some reviewer that admitted to Lunar: Dragon Song being a shitty Lunar game but still hoped that people would buy it so the world might see a proper new Lunar game.

Seriously though, no. Games like Fed Farce leave a series in a catch 22 situation: if it sells well, they're just going to make more of it, and if it doesn't, the series is thrown in the freezer.

Someone ought to edit the moonrunes in the sign behind him in the second image to read JUST or something.

He looks like my grandfather, but without glasses.

It's like he saw some edit of his face on Holla Forums and thought, "Why didn't I think of that?"

One of the few games I've played that I actively disliked.
Are the other games in the series good? I never bothered trying them due to it.

From what I've seen in discussion, Lunar 1 and 2 are generally pretty well liked among those that are fans of JRPGs. Still, some anons justifiably have their gripes these days with Working Designs for their localization quality (and their current incarnation, Gaijinworks, seems to not be real keen on changing how they do stuff), as they could be rather loose with translation and throw in stuff like then-current pop culture references and such that can leave some of the games they handled feel more dated than otherwise.

Yeah, that's one way to put it.

Could Metroid beat Halo in a fight?

Really, it's unfortunate that they seem so keen on doing that sort of stuff. Not real professional to just replace the script with whatever one feels like and call it the "official" western release/translation. It's like a doujin rewrite, except that stuff like A Kentucky Barmaid in the Court of King Louis XIV is explicitly fan-done and does have a proper translation elsewhere.

There's also proof of that happening with Paper Mario Sticker Star. People went "Yeah its not what I hoped for but its okay" on release, then people thought it was shit, and then 4 years later they released Color Splash with the same poor combat system as Sticker Star.

an attempt was made

Opted to try it myself too.