Vidya voice actors want more money

archive.is/RquC2

Looks like we're going to go back to PS1-era voice acting sooner than expected

Other urls found in this thread:

supernerdland.com/performance-matters-interview-with-veteran-voice-actress-lani-minella/
nichegamer.com/2016/10/21/video-game-voice-actor-union-officially-goes-on-strike/
picosong.com/azgE/
behindthevoiceactors.com/Patrick-Ryan/
ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html
apolyton.net/showthread.php/129087-EA-scandal(Is-anyone-surprised-)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Hoffman
youtu.be/KF51FW_SU2g?t=1355
vocaroo.com/i/s0JFqi5jBNli
biblehub.com/niv/psalms/137.htm
tbs.com
archive.is/VlHW5
u.teknik.io/7tkND.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As in nearly no voice acting in games or what?

I want more money.

VAs have always been entitled cancer. They usually rear their heads every so often and get their regular smackdown.

Their own union rules fuck them over too which is always funny.

Most games would be better if they scrapped the VA and used the budget on something else.

All it says were that some actors in the union will go on strike.

I certainly wouldn't mind some new blood replacing some of the overused people as long as it doesn't mean getting Chaos Wars/Arc Rise Fantasia-tier dubs. I can at least tolerate most English dubs, even PS1 era ones (and a few of them, like Koudelka, actually had some really good quality English voicing for the time), provided there's some actual effort behind them despite inexperience/bad direction, but I draw the line when it sounds like this.

Koudelka only had an English dub the voice director was probably japanese. It's wierd how japs put more effort into even English dubs that us Westerners.

Games writing was better before VA and the cinema trend.

I've really started to fucking hate VAs recently.
Much as I hate this word, they're all a lot of entitled little bitches.

If anyone deserves extra money off a game, it's the programmers and artists, musicians etc., not these glorified high-school drama students.

Scabs when?
Not that it matters. Voicing acting is less important to games then, say, movies. The abysmal writing quality in games needs to improve before voice acting makes a difference.

It's relatively easy work and they get paid good money for the amount of hours involved. There's definitely "talent" involved but the VAs want star pay for their "talent" which is an issue because most the money in game dev doesn't stay liquid for long as there is far more overhead in vidya.

How can I be a voice actress

They also want royalties for their work.

The fucking programmers don't royalties.

Get suckin', faggot.

Thank fucking christ

True, it did only have an English dub (the JP release had moonrune subbed FMVs). But it still sounded like it had a lot more effort put in it than most at the time were willing to make. Though perhaps the fact that the game was outright set in a western location factored in.

Some of them have been wise enough to know where their meal ticket comes from and opt to not have anything to do with striking. If memory serves, neither Jamieson Price or Yuri Lowenthal were confirmed involved, at least last time I checked (which in the case of the former is nice; he's overused, but I never get sick of him).

You have to be a girl first, user.

Wahoo!

Isn't that how Felicia Day is in everything? The only thing she's accomplished before was a cringeworthy web series about how it was to be Felicia Day playing an MMO. I've only heard rumors about her selling herself for sex but I wouldn't be surprised.

There are some cases where the actors back then were underpaid which is pretty bullshit. I hear there was one game back then called Blue Stinger where the main actor was only paid $100, but these new overused VAs seem to have it easy in comparison.

Dye your hair rainbow colors and practice with scripts of Big Bongo Theory. Maybe suck some dick so you can force your way to the front of the line. Try to personify every facet of gamr gril you can think of. Be a sarcastic fucking piece of shit.

That reminds me the case they cited about the VAs losing their voices and being forced to jump up and down seems suspicious. Isn't it the state's job to establish workplace compensation laws? Sounds like bullshit if they couldn't get reimbursed for that. Furthermore they should know beforehand the risks of doing that kind of VA and if they're going to do it assuming they're provided the script beforehand.

Oy vey, who do they think they are fucking hollywood actors?

Should trim down costs. Now without big name voice actors, mainstream music, and hopefully soon triple A companies vidya can get back to being vidya.

Also I remember hayter was in on this voice actors need more money shit

Not to mention without voice acting there doesnt need to be a limit to the story, whether it be due to cost or time constraints. It's like morrowind, you just write it fucking in, which leads to much more potential for branching stories and dialogue heavy conversations.

New face of the industry is 300 pounds, and it likes Yaoi.

Maybe they should get better when common people on youtube can do better for less?

Hayter can't voice act, its no wonder he wants sheeklez

"We" is too many people. I learned moon.

Good. Voice acting and especially recognizable voice acting from "stars" is part of the cancer killing video games. Bring back grunts, silent protagonists, and bleep boops.

Didn't the GTA V voice actors get around 60k for 4 years worth of work? (Michael, Franklin, Trevor)

How many millions of copies did GTA V sell again?

Big name VA's get paid fuck all just like all of them, they get paychecks of about $15 an hour, its just that they get 100's of gigs

I'm not quite sure about the ins and outs on voice acting, though I assume because it's video games it doesn't quite apply.

60K and they did about 3000+ hours of work

Works out to about 20 bucks an hour, which is stellar

point is

supernerdland.com/performance-matters-interview-with-veteran-voice-actress-lani-minella/

nichegamer.com/2016/10/21/video-game-voice-actor-union-officially-goes-on-strike/

They deserved jack shit, their performance is just working through then going out of the studio with their paychecks, zero fucking attachment to the character unless its popular.
Into the fucking trash it goes.

Looking at google Michael Hollick (Nico in GTA 4) worked for 100K and worked 15 months every single day for that paycheck

That works out to about 15 months x 25 days x 10 hour days = $26 bucks an hour

I'd fucking kill for $26 an hour

Yeah, seriously, they're whining about their voice getting hoarse, while devs are subjected to mandatory 60+ hour work weeks without overtime. Maybe they should get the hint that video games aren't the place to go if you actually expect to get paid.

I thought he did alright as snake.

Doesnt that take near on a decade?

the state of how workers are treated in vidya is absolutely fucking disgusting.

Yeah, and it's going to take a hell of a lot more than voice actors crying every six months for it to change.

Its easy to sound good when all you do is ask questions

its the main reason why anything IT related is being sought after in third world shitholes, Mkebe from africa and Singh from India will work 80+ hours a week for peanuts if it means they work for a company overseas.

But don't you see user, the only reason those games were SO GOOD was because some voice actors did it

Fuck the devs, they did NOTHING

Honestly, I don't want VA gone from all of games.
Yes, it constrains RPG writing, but with other genres, such as FPS or RTS, it forms an important part of the atmosphere.

These niggas still shouldn't be getting paid as much as movie and tv stars, since they're not the fucking stars of the show, but vidya VA should still be a thing.
Maybe something closer to foley artists, it's the same niche after all.

I don't know. I've heard some guys that sound like very convincing girls.

Voice actors are the least important part of video game development and the final product of video games, their days are numbered, and when triple A game devs and publishers realize that this voice acting mafia of the game industry serves no real value to their productions and certainly do not deserve the money they are getting they will disappear overnight. Mark my words.

Some of the best video games ever made have minimal or non existent voice acting in them. The reason this is, is because the money would normally go into this entirely pointless aspect of a video game, this so to speak voice acting black hole, will be rerouted in to much more important things such as gameplay, graphics, story, music; et cetera. This will in the process kill movie game and other such cancer.

They are playing hard ball now because they know in the future there will be no ball, there will be no game, and there will be no work for their self centered, self entitled childish existences. This escapade which has been unfolding for a very long time will ultimately result in short lived uncertainty and then will quickly burst into very good thing for the overall game industry.

See also

>Lately Wew they have been doing this forever, I am surprised so many people are just learning of this bullshit.
>Scabs when? What did he mean by this?
Their talent comes no where near the talent that of the programmers, artists, writers but you are right.
This is one of the most astonishing examples of their entitlement, actual entitlement like dictionary definition not "games 'journalism'" entitlement.

For just talking and not doing any actual work that is phenomenal pay. They should be grateful they were this over payed. Also this is not an argument. All of the people who did voices for this game immediately became d list celebrities.
Your forgot the part where new voice actors are trained and appreciate the pay they get.
And this wasn't enough money for him because the character got popular.

Programmers get paid well for relative safety and comfort even if hours are long. You may hate them but the devs from the EA sports division get paid especially well for the effort they put into their game with benefits. QA is pretty shit though, but you start out at QA if you've no qualification anything else.

Say it with me:

Voice acting is not a real profession.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with PS1 era voice acting.

Or better yet, actual acting or VAs who actually gave a shit about their performance. None of this millennial hipster bullshit where you go in, do bare minimum, then cry about not getting the big bucks.

Yet they can't even fix bugs that have been in the games for years.

It is in Japan. It's pretty impressive how some of them have been voicing the same characters for over 30 years.

They figured out how to sell something while putting in the least amount of resources. But that's business for ya. Kind of sad they have a monopoly on rosters for sports games but can't argue with those profits.

Which is a shame, since being so overworked all the time seems to be what leads to the massive burnout in developing studios. I can't imagine i'd love making a game if someone forced me to program, develop, or model games for 80 hours a week for shit pay.

What about the speech at the end of peacewalker?

This is why i'd support massive fines or extra costs for allowing foreigners to work in a business located inside of america. Or just higher tariffs on games being imported here if they try to skirt the law by making it outside the U.S. Not only is this 80 hour work week and ridiculous demands of developers bullshit, but the fact theyre trying to cut out american jobs in an american industry tailored to americans disgusts me.

It doesnt change that they are forced to work unreasonable hours, and oftentimes have little to no job security considering how often developing companies are scuttled after being used up or even after a game is finished developing and bugfixing, if theyre even on the reduced team for said bugfixing, or it hasnt already been outsourced out.
There are very serious issues in the vidya industry.

Has a game ever benefited from hiring a big name actor to do a voice?

The only example I that comes to mind is Darksiders 2 getting Michael Wincott but Wincott isn't that big of an actor.

I'm really hoping at least one league chooses not to renew when those contracts run out, I hear the only reason EA has exclusivity is because they somehow convinced the various sports leagues that video games were "just a fad," but that they would continue long-term support long after the "fad" was over.

While a good idea user, it would be utterly unenforceable. companies would simply move out of the US permanently and just redeploy somewhere else that wouldn't do that.

I can only hope they get it. AAA will cost even more to make and be even more shit.

Do we have a comprehensive list of who's on strike? I can only find a few names at a time:

I'm fine with that.

Of course Wesley's leading the charge, the self-entitled prick. Of course, what else would you expect from someone who blames everyone but himself for his own failures, like that time he blamed the Geek and Sundry producers because he didn't know the rules to a game he was "obsessed with."

Who?

Oh, and it's fitting I used a TF2 gif for that, considering that Ashly doesn't really pretend to be anyone but herself when voicing anything.

A Hin D?

She looks like a teenage boy.

Easier to say than type picosong.com/azgE/

And with high enough tariffs to import their games, whether digitally or physically they can be incentived not to.

We have come full circle

Don't look at the cover of Salon this month

let voice acting die in vidya
so that casuls fuck off
and vidya is saved

Too late.

How fucking new are you? Did you miss the part where being a game dev is some of the most volatile unstable work around? How many times have you heard this exact same story just with a different studios name attached to it? "Make shovelware game/market to a non existent demographic, pump the majority of funds into useless shit like marketing, voice acting etc, sell way more copies then should ever have reasonably been sold, can every single developer, sell studio or
close it. Rinse and repeat." Also since lots of normals want jobs in the industry this removes their ability at having a social life which they value greatly. Also QA is poorly managed and people employed by it are usually idiots.

I agree there are some good games with voice acting, I agree with removing millennial hipster bullshit some of the best stories in gaming ever told were with out voice. You can say more with words then what would be a reasonable price to pay a voice actor and even then there are feelings and emotions that you can not properly convey with with voice acting.

CRASHING THIS INDUSTRY, WITH NO SURVIVORS

>capitalizing their names like they deserve respect Wew
Can anyone check if these cancers are in on it

voice acting damages games more than it benefits them.

What's wrong with her mouth?

Photoshop

I hope they get dropped the like wastes of space they are and new blood moves in.

fish people

Engine devs are treated with respect. Game devs are raped and humiliated. I'd rather flip burgers and would probably be paid more.

The more these fuckwits make themselves unattractive to hire, the more likely they'll finally get supplanted by new guy who otherwise wouldn't be able to get known.

Like me.

Blumm is the only person I know on there with any real cloat, I know Lamar does stuff but I honestly forget what shit he's in

English voice actor of Nightmare from Soul Caliber 3 here.

I wish I got royalties from that gig, then I would be able fund Holla Forums initiatives.

Alas, I was given a buyout for a mere $2k.

:(

How about you show some proof? behindthevoiceactors.com/Patrick-Ryan/

Do you die inside when an audio engineer makes you say shit how nobody says it?

Come on down to /agdg/ and program, develop, and model a game for no pay.

Post a recording of you saying something. Preferably in Nightmare's voice.

You're so full of shit it's not even funny.

Link to the article?

I advance google searched it ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html

And here is a database of almost certainly dead links to articles about it apolyton.net/showthread.php/129087-EA-scandal(Is-anyone-surprised-)

Is this the story that Kotaku ran and the actual spouse came forward disproving some of the claims?

Even so it doesn't necessarily contradict what I said, and I said long hours and mentioned the sports division. We don't even know which division this person's spouse is from. Not to mention salary and potential overtime.

The Legacy of Kain series wouldn't be half the series it was without the Voice Acting

The actual spouse came forwards ages ago, and the story was indeed legit and nothing redacted

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Hoffman

That must have just been for the Kotaku article then.

If Simon Templeman and Michael Bell voiced every game I would be completely fine with it.

and nothing of value was lost

youtu.be/KF51FW_SU2g?t=1355 video contains spoilers

This upsets me more than it should

…I think most of the best stories told in video games didn't even have full or any VA at all

I believe in the live recording, what you're hearing is the mic on the camera that's recording Simon, and not the mic in the booth. They would produce different results, but they may have added bass, who knows.

People get paid what they are worth. Fact is voice work is not important as voice actors wish it was.

Image as proof

An audio recording covering my opinion on the matter. I might be partially drunk. :(

vocaroo.com/i/s0JFqi5jBNli

Also, because voice actors are overwhelmingly anti-liberal, this post is bait for CTR.

:^)

The Ford Focus guy.

If you need voices,
But the actor's a dick,
An amateur dev,
Will do the trick!

Read it in her voice, nice work.

But at the end of the day, VAs are just members of the sound team, and my point was that they should be treated as such.

voice actors are overimportant hacks that aren't in any way integral to a game. Pure cancer

I agree that VA should be paid well, especially in games that are heavily dependent on VA.
But to ask for Hollywood money while sitting in a booth for 18 hours… Come on.

Omnipresent VA ruined cRPGs for the most part. Now everything has to be fully voiced and badly acted for the troglodytes too lazy or retarded to read.

asking for hollywood money for any strike isn't going to get you a lot of support from the outside. Everybody needs money

But you see, execs like big name voice actors to sell their game to normalfags. There's a legitimate financial reason to have high profile voice actors, not just quality voice acting. They are integral to a game in this sense. Now backpedal a bit while I go afk.

Good voice actors add to the game, I dunno about the "Soul"

If I had to argue terms to what is and isn't, the game itself is the soul and heart of it such as gameplay/design etc, while voice acting is what I would consider is the flair to the event

Okami is 100% without voices and it establishes all this strength and composition to its performance remarkably, adding voice could have made it better, it could have also made it worse

Voice actors are ultimately a very small part of a game being designed, even cartoons etc the voice actors have little to no say what's going on, they're shown the video on screen and have to do vocal inflections over it, the only time I've ever seen voice actors doing work FIRST and then it being animated after is CGI shows/movies where they just collect the best bits and then animate them

Video games are dead anyways.

Pretty sure my laptop speakers would fail a breathalyzer while playing this vocaroo

And I hear what you're saying, but I'd argue that the biggest problem with applying this argument to vidya is that there's an extreme variation within vidya in terms of how crucial the actors and other non-technical talent are to the success of the work. It's not like movies or television, where the actors are consistently a main draw, and I suspect things like conventions have really inflated certain people's ideas of how important they are to video games.
I don't think anyone here really is arguing that the voice actors shouldn't be paid, I think the problem is that the union wants to set a consistent baseline pay as if VAs were as consistently crucial to games as they are to movies or television. And further, if anyone should be in line for royalties, artists, programmers, and level designers at the least should come first.

That's because execs market games to retards who can only remember six things at a time, why nobody gives a fuck if on a box it says "Voiced by mega awesome holy fucking shit you'll wet youself listening to them but you have no idea who this guy is" name, or shelling out huge sheekles and just hiring Patrick Stewart and slapping his name on the box, to which everyone just snaps the game up based on hollywood power alone

fine I'll just hire someone else

So, are we getting back to games without voice acting or subtitled original versions?

Oh, I hear Delicia Fay and… Wil Wheaton… Are looking for work, and will take less than what the VAs on strike were initially getting paid! I mean, let's face it, some of these fuckers aren't actually going to go on strike, a lot of these names are some of the most underhanded fuckers around.

I could probably do their job for 1% of the pay and still do a better VA job

No, publishers will just hire some no names that don't act like entitled cunts and no one else will give a shit.

Human ears are designed to hear human voices.

If you take stories like UP. The first 10 minutes are without voice and yet, convey a powerful emotional position.

One could argue that that power of that emotional position is only possible due to 20-30 years of the audience being familiar with voice.

Are there voice actors who are shit-tier acting as filler? Absolutely. You'll find that in looping sessions regarding anime where English actors have to force themselves into the cadence of Japanese. Most people are turned off of anime as a storytelling medium BECAUSE of that forced cadence.

People were designed to hear people in a natural context and anything that bolsters that tends to succeed. There is a reason Princess Mononoke was so well received by American audiences.

Holla Forumsreathalyze me!

I agree that those in charge of vidya asset production do not pass some universal standard of quality. I've personally seen engineers and voice over studio owners sabotage legit talent to put themselves at the head of the pack of their submissions.

VAs are crucial to video games as long as story tellers make the story central. With that said, I also agree that, in addition to the VO artists, the VFX, artists, programmers, and game.level designers also deserve royalties.

The only reason I ended up as the voice of Nightmare was because VO artists went on strike. They wanted royalties for games, and the games laughed at them and hired good-enough actors like me to generate content. I didn't know this was going on at the time, but when I realized I wasn't in line for royalties (despite union actors getting royalties for national/regional spots for basic ads) I was a bit salty.

Voice acting is a profession almost everyone wants to do.

It's something that's so notoriously hard to get into with video games that it's far easier to voice act just if you know someone making the game.

They won't get jack shit. They'll just wonder why their agent isn't getting any calls for work. For every one employed voice actor in a video game there are literally thousands of people who they could get to do it instead.

How would you like no videogame jobs you fucking whiners? If you like TV and movie pay-grade so much then go make more fucking TV shows and movies.

The fact they get $225 an hour for shit that's not that difficult and demand more just because is hillarious

Had you bothered to read it you would have come across this gem
But I guess you have a vested interest in defending EA so I can see why you didnt.

It's largely ego because employed vidya voice actors who actually make a living off it is a rarity. It's such a close nit group that almost all of the members know each other on a first name basis. So they all have a very large ego about the profession because it's so hard to get into and they're usually in fairly high demand because they are well known by the directors of these games.

But their careers could end overnight easily by being blacklisted for shit like this

It might also be because most VAs are filthy Marxists, and we all know that leftism and mental illness go hand in hand.

They get $750 per character per day for an IP that has an audience in the tens of millions.

Speaking to tens of millions of people with the intent to direct their consumer habits makes or breaks companies. As stated previously, if you think you can skirt the issue with shit-tier talent, then by all means, do so.

No one will remember your product.

Where did he do that? Where do you work in EA?

Boo fucking hoo.

Now watch as the publishers hire nobodies that will work for less money and do better work, or they just pool talent from elsewhere to spite these entitled toddlers.

Or worse yet, piss people off, like when Nintendo announced that Codename: S.T.E.A.M. would have Wil Wheaton voicing Abe Lincoln.

And watch as those publishers fail to capture sufficient market share.

"PLEASE. BY THIS. THING. BECAUSE WE BELIEVE. YOU ARE MINDLESS. STUPID. CONSUMERS."

Quality propaganda over here.

That game is actually underrated and never talked about

SJW fishmouth syndrome is a real medical problem. Pic related.

Delineating between the word and the suffix is how many English words were pronounced and written in history, and some regional accents still do it today. So if they were going for "ye olden tymes" speech it would have made sense.

Oh, yes, I'm sure the whole vidya industry will revolt because the next memelands won't feature Ashley Burch and her mesmerizing cunt voice.

Good, let them make AAA games unsustainable. Make that ship crash faster. AAAs can't afford to not have voice acting because casuals can't read. Let's hope the voice acting union bust their chops.

Post your CAA for fuck off?

I didn't read it because I'm busy with something else.
I'm just stating things from a business perspective and that the sports division makes a killing while being shitty for it
Kind of proves my point. This is (a rather old) example of EA mistreating employees. Are they still doing this?

Isn't that called Resting Cunt Face?

I had it on preorder and just could not bring myself to get past the tutorial level, knowing that a sub-par performance from Wesley goddamn Crusher was waiting for me at the end. All the other VAs were fine, but the fact that the 16th president of the United fucking States of America would be voiced by a lazy douchebag like him just turned me off so hard.

Why don't vidya devs have unions?
They're getting assfucked pretty hard.

And of course there's a fucking union involved, unfortunately for these retards they don't seem to understand you can't make demands when your involvement is optional.
Voiceless games are a thing, enjoy never being hired.

Any attempt to unionise would be met with mass firing and hiring of the mountains of morons wanting to make video games for a living.

That's the main problem I'm seeing, to be honest. How do you improve conditions in the industry when damn near everyone is replaceable?

Because the moment they unionize, they reach out to asset generators like moe. All threats of unionization does is ensure the importance of PMs to coordination shit-tier globalized talent.

Normal developers are so hamstringed by their Mercantile CEOs I don't see much of a difference coming as a result of that.

Sounds like nothing would change in that department.

The reason the story of UP is powerful for its first 10 minutes with no dialog is because we've all grown up with somebody and watched them die

In this case, two people who loved each other so much, and when she died she didn't want him to die along with her

That's why its sad, its nothing to do with voice, its about love

Why would anyone willingly join a union? They're just extortion rackets for the mob.

Good, let voice actors price themselves out of a job. Games need less voice acting. It's been a hindrance and distraction from making good games for too long.

Not everywhere is America.

Case in point: the IGDA, a self-proclaimed game dev union that more or less just acts as a barrier of entry and actually works against the interest of the devs.

They fund the game.
I'm not defending publishers, but if a studio wants to keep more of the profit it has to shoulder more of the financial risk.

This wouldn't result in less voice acting, just less use of unionized talent. They'll go back to hiring theater students and such.

Unions you can willingly join are generally not quite so much an extortion racket. The bad ones are the ones you are required to join and pay dues for to work in a given industry.

Until it does via talent saturation.

Not me. None of my family members have died since I was born. Furthermore, I never said UP was about voice as that would be an impossible position. I argued that the power of that scene is only possible because the audience engaged in 20-30 years of voice-directed story telling.

That's fine, too. I'm tired of hearing the same 10 voice actors in everything.

What talent?

Good, means less money wasted on overpriced idiots and more spent on development.

Try marketing.

Hopefully that would lead to even worse AAA games, and less people getting into videogames. It's not like vidya is getting better so I'm cool with that.

For skilled labor unions tend to cause more problems than they're worth. They're more useful for unskilled labor where people are easily interchangeable and are thus more susceptible to being replaced by other labor forces.

When you take away a team's ability to freely manage talent you make things much less efficient for them. Want an dev who knows how to work unreal? Well you may also have to take this one who doesn't and he gets full pay.

This is a good thing as not only does it support theaters, it prevents shitty type casting for marketing reasons.

Record yourself right now explaining a random passage of the Bible in a way that makes sense to contemporary consumers. Then post it here.

And when I savage it, how prepared are you to be man enough to accept the criticism?

wtf is voice-directed story telling? Oral storytelling?

biblehub.com/niv/psalms/137.htm

What are you even going on about, you madman.

Someone post that interview with that one actress who called out these VAs for being entitled little shits.

Oversaturation of workers means you can just "refuse" to hire unionized workers (hiring is completely opaque to the applicant). Failing that, in this one industry you can get away with outsourcing to wherever.
Because unlike, say, public transportation, vidya as an industry is not necessary for the "normal" functioning of society so dont expected the govt to rule in favor of the workers here no matter how much the cage is rattled.

If you have a basic understanding of economics you'll know why unions are trash.

The best part is you don't need to hire them period, they're the most optional part of any game you get rid of them and the game doesn't change at all.
Hell in a lot of older games the devs would just do it themselves.

My understanding of economics tells me AAA are getting too big.

Exactly.

You can't fulfill my requests and invest in evasion. A real voice actor can convey the difficulty of that era to contemporary consumers.

You can't.

That's why you are less than voice actors. You are grass-is-greener amateurs who thinks talent can be mechanized.

Unions were a mistake.
Americans are fucking retarded.

back then most of voicework was stock audio or developers themselves

Also you're wrong on this- I'm saying there's no talent in modern vidya industry.

Is this bait?

Read the thread you fucking retard.

Stop talking out of your ass

Deaf people who have never heard a sound in their life are equally as moved to UP's voiceless sequence, not because "They were conditioned by 20-30 years of voice acting"

Some people in this world get hugs, and then get sad when those people suddenly die and they will never be hugged by them again

Unions can definitely be cancer but collective bargaining and the push for better labor laws is what give you the 40 hour work week ok

I am saddened I couldn't come up with a bigger bait if I tried.

Also this, holy shit am I sick of hearing the same half dozen voice actors from Los Angeles in every goddamn game that gets released now.

Pic related. The acting wasn't perfect but Xenoblades britbong VAs were a nice change of pace after hearing Nolan Baker in everything else.

And unions are shit and only make things worse. Other anons have refuted your argument anyway.

Go to sleep, Nightmare, you're drunk

Also, I don't disagree voice acting is a legitimate skill, I just think there's plenty more talent out there than the clique that thinks they're gonna get royalties. If the "in" VA's price themselves up, the studios will pay a casting director to go dig up new talent long before they'll give a percentage to a voice actor.
The only reason the in crowd gets so much work is because they're "safe" choices the studio doesn't have to think about.

ok

And yet people who work on film sets and are in unions still work butt fuckingly stupid long hours, a lot of times around the clock.

Funny how that works.

Oh no you don't. I know controlled opposition and manufactured narratives when I see it. Most of you enforcers don't have the neurology to understand your actions.

The idea of targeting "voice actors", especially a larger name such as myself, as being useless is nothing more than engaging in pro-globalist shenanigans. If your methodology was correct on its own merit, you'd hire a non-ESL Indian to be the main voiceof Link because you genuinely believe culture is as interchangeable as industrial-era widgets. You obviously have an agenda of what is wrong and what is right, and I refuse to engage with people who have prefabricated conclusions of things they have no actual experience with.

All I'm asking you to do is chase what you believe is right. If your ideaologically-fueled sales plummet? You let me know and I'll tell you exactly why. Until then, you clearly have a bias that non-human voice acting robots can do the same activity as actual humans. And if you believe that to be true, then Steam, and Apple Store, and Google Play is a perfect measurable test market for your upper management fantasies.

Even better they want restrictions on hiring outside the union. This includes stunt people. So devs have to risk possibly untrained, cash-hungry VAs doing stunts that may get them hurt and have to pay them compensation or they can screw the union altogether and hire an independent professional who probably won't get hurt and use budget voices.

Seems you have been their next sacrifice.

Wait wait wait, they're still trying to get a foot in on the mocap shit with that "stuntman" clause?

This is some abstract bait.

Oh, so you're just some cunt defending your clique of overpaid dipshits who work less than everyone else.

No one cares what you think.

Ashley, it's time to go to bed.

Last I checked they were. Have they rescinded in their latest list of demands?

The thing is nobody here is arguing he shouldn't get paid or get paid well, people are upset that voice actors want to be paid mega millions like actual actors

When you know, actual actors do acting, have to convey emotions on screen, often undertaking strenuous work schedules along with using their voice to show emotions

A voice actor is like one part out of a hundred things a physical actor has to do.

If you think voice actors costs are the primary source of out-of-control entertainment production budgets, then I have some super bad news for you. :(

Those voice actors worked for free for ~20 years before they scored a single paycheck for their talents. The reality is that most voice actors in Los Angeles don't vote democrat, and that is what this shill shit is all about.

That's nice. Guess what?

No one gives a fuck about voice acting in fucking Soul Calibur because no one gives a shit about the fucking story in those game cause they're fucking FIGHTING GAMES. Your performance is nothing but fucking window dressing, Nightmare could have win quotes in text and it wouldn't change a goddamn thing about the games mechanics because mechanics and gameplay is what people from the game.

Learn about the medium before you apply to work in it, shitheel.

something something ad hominem

Did you change your tampon before posting that?

Such salt. Tell us who you are so we can laugh at your shit VA.

Jesus christ what are you even saying here

You are the few sprinkles on a well made cake

If there was no sprinkles Soul Caliber 3 would still play perfectly fine

You are the flair of the product, not THE product

It's tough all over, pal.
I'm an unemployed dolt that would rather pay less for a video game even if it means all the voices in it were done by the lead programmer. Voices aren't vital to gameplay if subtitles are included.

I don't know man. I think it makes more sense to increase the voice acting budget to 3 million, and then raise another kickstarter to fund the rest of the game.

I'd rather have none of these talentless, godawful chucklefucks shitting up games at all.

They are superfluous, especially for Japanese games, and there are plenty of phenomenal VAs involved in animation the industry can pool from. No one needs the likes of Ashley Burch and the rest of similarly opinionated parasites.

Probably half the shit they acted in was in stuff that didn't need voices at all and was just window dressing. Well over half the genres in gaming are perfectly enjoyable with no acting because vidya is not a field that began as one catering to "artists" and "performers". It was a field driven by the likes of engineers, technicians, and designers. Your work is always at the bottom of the production food chain because it's mostly superfluous.

Please educate yourself about the medium you want to work in before embarrassing yourself further.

A good voice can make a video game memorable, like Stephen Merchant.
However, the quality of writing Portal 2 has is rare, and I give zero fucks about who voices Manly Marine #6686 or Elf Maiden #297.
I have nothing interesting to say, I enjoy shitting on people who think they have it worse than the programmers in video games.

Somebody has to do the "got hit" sounds though.

But then again devs themselves could have done that.

Aren't most of those sounds taken from pre-existing libraries that everyone (ab)uses?

Look, if you want shit-tier jobs demonstrating how anti-union you are, great. Fuck unions.

If you think you can dismantle Hollywood by targeting me out of boredom, then I think you don't understand the problem in the slightest.

In fact, I know you don't because you're probably minimum wage workers because why in the fuck would anyone be so venomous about "OMG VOICE ACTORS ARE RUINING MY VIDYA FOREVER KILL THEM ALL" unless they were paid to have that opinion?

And I know you can't admit to that because that would get you fired.

So here we are. You get paid shit and I get paid shit. I don't even do voice over anymore. I don't even get royalties because video game parents control the distribution deals and refuse to give up a single cent of it so they can afford piss-ants like those quoted.

Make your videos games without voice actors. I beg you to do so. The first twenty years of video games existed without voice actors and it was good. But when you notice your competition is selling more than you and they have significantly decent voice talent?

Spin whatever story you want, but we all know the difference between solid story telling and whatever nonsense you're trying to normalize.

Look everyone, even actors love to shitpost when losing arguments.

If anyone deserves protection from being treated like dirt, it's programmers. The knowledge they have for turning 1's and 0's into works of art humbles me. Having such an intimate knowledge of an abstract language should be praised.

If you didn't think Holla Forums would shit on you and everything you stand for the moment you identified yourself, I suggest a less critical community like Reddit.

The venom doesn't bother me.

The lack of honestly about paymasters does.

In your drunken rage you seem to have missed that you are ranting at the audience, not the devs.

Never Forget.

We were not even shitting on you until you started proclaiming stuff like "Games are shit without voice actors" and "You can only enjoy the voiceless part of UP because you've been conditioned from hearing 20-30 years of people talking"

We were cool with you until your ego took over and you thought you were gods gift to gaming, now you just look like a cretin and that's why we're all laughing at you

You are a very very small part of a game, not its core

That's why people when playing GTA V only stick about 40-60 hours into single player and 800+ hours into Multiplayer, the game itself is the draw, not the voice actors

Holy shit man, sober up

Oh my god, that shit was just an embarrassment.

Calling out anti-union shills hired by devs is now targeting the audience?

I know you can't tell me the name of the company you're hired by, but understand I pay double.

Interested?

Play games on mute if you hate the impact audio has.

Dude, you're a fucking video game voice actor. When you're not hunting down a producer for a job you're as poor as Burger King manager. And at least burger flippers have a steady job and don't go through the freelance horse people in the entertainment industry do.

This isn't 1992 anymore gramps, where voiced gaming was a novelty that wowed the same type of morons who probably bought into hype like FMV games on the Sega CD, an era now looked at with scorn. Video games aping Hollywood is objectively killing this industry.

Please stop posting now, your retardation is just comedy gold now.

Play games on mute if you think audio has no impact.

Your venom about knowing fuck all about the history of video games offends everyone here.

Okay, dude, you're just being an asshole now.

Banjo and Kazooie did it right.

There is no need of voice acting in no game, at all.
That said, obligatory top tier voice acting.

But then I'd be muting all the other stuff like music, sound effects etc

Guess what, I often play games without music because I often think the music is crap

Know what took thousands of hours of work? The audio engineers that had to clean up all that voice/sound effects and work with putting those sounds in a 3D environment so when you see an explosion on your right you don't hear it in your left speaker, and if you are standing in or out of cover and if the audio engine should apply the appropriate ambiance to the situation

Go to sleep, come back when you're not drunk

Everyone here is right. Audio has ZERO impact in video games. You can replace Mario Bros. jumping sounds with squid orgasms and it is the exact same game.

Happy?

God, yeah, Eternal Darkness was so good, especially with the execution.

Please keep the goalposts where they are, thanks.

Dude, you must be more shitfaced than you care to admit. Go to bed.

Keep moving that bar, next you'll go with "Ha! I just removed the entire GAME! That's what its like without voice acting, no game! What now shitface?!"

you are smashed bro, go sober up.

So, how much voice over have you done?

I'm going to guess zero. Am I right? And if so… how did I know?

We're talking about voice acting, not music and sound effects. You'd know the difference if you played a single game in your life.

GO
TO
BED!

Dude, you are really fucking stupid.

And I shit this out in only 4 minutes ad libbing

What now?

Wait a damned second…

Are you saying voices are magically negligible because they are intuitively understandably by by the human mind and that sounds which are abstract get a free pass because they aren't understandable by the human mind?

So how many games have you designed?

I'm going to guess zero. Am I right? And if so… how did I know?

Would have been great if you were a Canadian in the 1950s.

I fucked up.
Gomen nasai, user-kun.

You will wake up tomorrow, sober, and feel shame. Hopefully you do the right thing afterwards and swallow a gun.

Wow, you really are hammered.

Checked
I'm deaf and have no idea what this UP thing is, have a video I can give my opinion on?

Back to TRS.

I'm about to release a game sponsored by TBS next week?

Ouch to you?

I do this shit just to entertain people and I ad lib it all

Somebody fucking archive this shit. This is rich.

Already on the case.

No confidence. Manlet-tier. However, pretty informatic. Are you speaking for the audience you understand or for the audience you want?

What should we name this new Mister as?

Going into the booth and standing in front of a pop filter for 6 hours is not game design. And what TBS are you talking about?

lol?

tbs.com

It looks like someone is sorely mistaken.

I thought this drunken meltdown would be funny but it's been more sad.
On the plus(?) side I've gained some insight into the mind of the strikers.

The fact I have more respect here in this thread than you do, and I have neither been paid or had my voice in any products yet people like it more shows absolutely how utterly low in your profession you are

Seriously, go to sleep

Have all the respect you want in a temporary thread.

In two weeks none of this will be remembered.

So… yay victory? I dunno the point of this post.

Oh, well I hope the stations new mobile app that no one will download that you did VO will pan out well (it won't).

But really, what have you programmed? Oh yeah, nothin'

Never worry, we will remember you and fondly reference your spregout in threads to come.

Highly, highly, highly doubt it.

ADHD is a hell of a drug and I'll be off the radar as soon as I go to sleept.

Just play your games on mute, brah. Why are you even responding to me?

Tickled my feels. Mostly from the miscarriage(?) then seeing him do everything he can for her until she dies, after you can tell his life has lost its purpose.

How much did you drink?

Didn't they try to pull this same stunt two years ago?

Didn't companies just hire different voice actors?

And this is why people hate unions

It's a truly great scene that indicate the POWER OF MUSIC to convey emotion.

Why don't I just turn my TV off and just play with the sound then?

I mean, its the most important part, right?

Ten trillion gallons of ethanol per second.

Reply++

Lurk more, underageb&

If a game was designed to be audio-centri, you could do that. That would actually be fascinating.

I'll be playing the voiceless versions of your games with just music and sound, thanks for the help.

Dude, you've been insulting basically everyone who engaged you.

Not even, it was like three months ago.

Then do it.

Install the mod that plays Fallout without voices.

Correct?

Read my first post, I'm deaf, so "20-30 years of audio conditioning" doesn't work on me.

Haw it gets better

I looked up Patrick Ryan, turns out he doesn't do voice acting, he's a programmer who makes games now

Even he knows the value and where the money is making games

Holy fuck, this morning gets better and better

I just came in for a quick skim of this thread, and I have to say that the Soul Calibur 3 guy types/acts like a haughty teenage girl who thinks that having read Moby Dick once for a school project makes her some kind of next-level genius. I wouldn't be surprised if he has sucked a lot of cock in his day, because by fuck does he type like a complete fucking homosexual.

Oh my god, are you serious?

I do that already, it's called clicking through the dialogue before they finish speaking. Works great for fast readers and the game doesn't change at all.

Assuming you are deaf and assuming you aren't wealth enough to purchase that super nifty neurological implant that lets you hear a really diminished version of audio, then your concept of emotion exists without audio cues. This means behavior, social, and olfactorial (sp?) sense are primed to understand emotional cues.

I'm actually curious how you interpret the first ten minutes of UP. Please post an honest experience.

Yes, they throw a tantrum once a year, get ignored by the publishers/devs. Everybody else reminds them that they aren't terribly important, that other members of the dev team work under worse conditions, for longer hours and for worse pay and deserve royalties far more than they do. Then they tire themselves out after a couple of weeks and everybody moves on.

non-OP here

curious on the doxx

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Without people like you we could have the original japanese VAs in games instead of being stuck with ear-raping cunts like Burch

We have rules here kid.

Enjoy your vacation.

Dude, you're literally coming to the defense of Wil Wheaton and Ashly Burch for no discernible reason, shitposting isn't going to help you.

When millions of people hear your efforts, you let me know why it's okay to not get paid accordingly.

This.

Full VA is only useful for the low IQ morons that can't read. I can't stand having to listen to them voice their lines when I read faster.

About the only thing BioWare ever did right was how they handled the voice work in the BG games. The first sentence or paragraph are voice to give you an idea of what the character sounds like and the rest is pure text.

Voice actors are the blight that ruined cRPGs. Fuck them.

the toxicest of buttests

I would never consciously do that, so please explain your reasoning?

I am learning as I go. I don't expect mercy.

You need to understand how animation looping works.

I can hear and I can describe it WITHOUT sound

A timid boy is in a theater watching an explorer, who he wishes to be, he then meets a girl who also wants to be an explorer in a run down house, he loses his balloon and breaks his leg trying to get it

The boy then become an introvert while the girl remains an extrovert, they become the perfect ying and yang to each other and the scene progresses to a long life filled with love

Now what fucktard? You're going to issue a new challenge like "Take out all the color" or some other shit?

Do these millions of people know your name? Do they religiously buy every game you shit up with your voice acting?

jesus died for trillions of people and you don't hear him complaining

What Dox?

He provided the picture, I looked up the english VA for Nightmare, found his name, found his LinkedIn profile to see what voice acting gigs he's been up to

One

Just one

The rest of his career is an actual programmer

As a person who spend a tiny amount of time being a game VO source… I AGREE.

So is the VO actor to blame.. or is the product owner who assumes everyone who plays his/her product is a 5 year old to blame?

You're proof enough you fuckers are absolutely insufferable cunts that belong in gas chambers.

They purchase from the Soul Caliber franchise, yes, in which Nightmare is score part of.

Religiously? That's not a requirement for royalties.

Barely millions of people played Soul Calibur 3, especially compared to 2.

You are not special.

Better question: do these millions know that Felicia Day voices a character in New Vegas, or even which character she voices?

So, here I am, right, and I got this real nice plan. I live in a city of a couple million, and, well, I'd really like to make a name for myself. What I think I'll do, see, is I think I'll go outside and stand in the most crowded part of town screeching into a megaphone for a couple hours a day. Yeah, that'll work, right? I'll become a part of the local fuckin' flavour. "Look!" the children will cry, their eyes filled with delight, "It's the megaphone guy!"

Eventually, my voice will have been heard by millions of people, I'll be a part of the city! Now, because of how fucking important I am to the city, I'll start getting paid by the local government, surely! I mean, millions of people heard my voice, so I must be valuable! It's not as if just being a fucking moron who screeches into a device for hours a day isn't a real job, and it's not like there's literally billions of people in the world who would love to do it. As a dime-a-dozen "professional", I deserve acknowledgement and more fucking money than people who work in fucking coal mines earn!

The point I am trying to make here is that you are basically a retard screeching into a megaphone in the middle of a city and it is absolutely fucking embarrassing. Maybe become a real actor, get on the stage or on the screen or something instead of hanging out with autistic children who gurgle into microphones for pennies. Just some helpful advice.

Would they have purchased Soul Caliber in equal numbers if someone else had been raping their ears?

And JRPGs. And action games. I love having control of an interactive medium interrupted for some actor's slurred exposition that could be done with one or two quick dialog boxes.

Harry's and Heather's voice actors still haven't been payed for the roles they did more than a decade ago, so, yeah.

Why would I issue additional challenges?

The purpose of a story is inspire otheres. That's the singular purpose of a voice actor. Our job is to make the listener BELIEVE they are a part of the impossible.

Your conclusion about UP is 100% valid because that is what your senses derived.

I didn't die?

My voice/laugh is actively enjoyed and sought out for people to watch and enjoy

You are the background noise to a game

I mean, IF YOU WANT TO COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES RIGHT?

Guess what, I'm still more humble than you when one of my videos on youtube somebody uploaded on their channel, has almost a million views and I'm like "Aw, that's cool, glad you're all enjoying it"

Everyone else I talk to is telling me I should DMCA it, or copyright claim it etc, but the guy was just sharing one of my videos on youtube and not trying to make money off of it so I thought that was really cool

Check your fucking ego

They worked under the Japanese system, as in they were in Japan, where VAs are part of agencies and are entitled to royalties. Thing is most of SH's actors weren't fulltime performers or under an agency and just plucked off the street. They didn't have an agency to back them up legally and just signed their performances away.

This is the most pretentious, self-congratulatory thing I have heard in a long fucking time. Good job, champ.

Want more proof its me? Here, higher quality version only I have

Check your ego at the door

This is correct. I didn't post the VO jobs with Toyota or the Angels because VO work is feast or famine.

Look up the companies I run if you get bored. :D

The VO need to be gassed… and not the directors? :O

Never said I was special in the universal heat death of the universe scheme of affairs… but to the SC franchise? I'm kinda pivotal.

You're fantasizing about the folly of poor marketing, which is obvious. If you engaged in effective marketing, you'd command the economic behavior of others, a conclusion you'd rely on, and then defend vigorously as your livelihood depended on it.

I don't depend on voice over. I just happened to stumble upon a role and I understand the importance of the many facets of story-telling.

I don't want to come out as defending EA but some of the reasons this guy says are retarded and factually wrong.
Firing loads of developers after a project comes out is industry standard - you're usually contracted for a project, once the project is done you don't need a shitload of contractors and modellers for long-term maintenance unless you're making an expansion/have expansion-like DLCs. Even games that have continued support, you only need one or two artists, a couple designers and one or two senior engineers/coders to keep updating it (with new guns and maps, in the case of shooters). By this definition only small teams of independent developers would end up being 'not evil'.
EA didn't stole the code from Gridiron - they were so impressed by the game they actually released in 1986 that they hired Bethesda to make Madden. From the mouth of Weaver himself:
EA is shit, but there's not reason to lie about it - them being scummy faggots who ship broken games, milk their customers to the absolute limit, rehash franchises year after year and mismanage their subsidiaries is already reason enough to not like them.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (performed the vocals for some of the tracks in the series), who is frequently among these entitled voice actors demanding more money, actually talked shit about the old voice actors and argued against them receiving any money from the HD release.

Nightmare is valuable for the way he controls and his moveset.

Your disposable voice means fuck all to the game's audience.

You completely misinterpreted the point I was going for, shitgiggle. I made an effective metaphor for how voice acting itself was the screeching man on the street, utterly unimportant to the city, but so ubiquitous that the screeching man came to believe his own hubris and placed too much value in his own important.

You're a fucking moron, you use high school literature-level words to try and slide around the fact that you are spouting absolute fucking nonsense that has nothing to do with the post you are replying it. I suggest a 12 gauge aspirin applied to the fucking chin, it's the only cure for being a miserable, pretentious cunt with a plum in his ass and a cock in this throat.

That's any fucking industry

For every massively paid star in hollywood there is 9999999999999 ones being massively underpaid

The same for game developers, music composers, artists, lawyers athletes etc etc

Have you just lost your fucking mind?

Well, the source was Kotaku. Oh, and don't forget that they defend the broken games by hiding behind (insert various social movements here).

You need to be gassed, yes.

He just keeps going. This is a creature unchained by worldly concerns, he has achieved spreg nirvana.

Those stories could have been told equally well without your input. Also, you are retarded enough to think anyone gives a fuck about the story in a fighting game. Bravo.

Fuck voice acting.

Everything is gonna be alright.

sometimes the limits VA places on dialogue choices can be a good thing as many developers think having an overly verbose script makes for good writing in an RPG, like with Divinity 2 compared to D:OS

I make sure to war proper protection and legal clarification before engaging in auditory grey areas.

Hate the directors, not the VO.

Great. Turn it into a revenue generating asset and I assure you, you'll be in the same position I'm taking.

If you aren't conveying the story that matters, then fuck off.

Not really?

Sure, I agree?

Like I said, play Fallout on mute and lemme know how it goes.

Music composers and artists, yes, only because of the glut of talent. Lawyers and game devs? Fuck no.

I can't cure you.

Larian were never good writers to begin with, they're just pretentious leftist cucks that think their "neutral" stance makes them look smart.

Maybe I just like entertaining people and monetary goals isn't the reason I do it

Shocking I know, maybe I should shove my head up my ass like you have and demand anybody who wants to watch any of my youtube videos has to pay me a buck first

Updated my journal

Dude, you voiced a shard of Soul Edge whose only purpose for existing was to kill people. You didn't voice Ivy Valentine, Kilik, or even Raphael, you voiced a literal soulless monster.

I can't be assed to find the first 10 minutes of it but from the ~4 minute clip I saw:
Couple is getting married her family is cheery his is gloomy but he isn't which implies she is the one that makes him happy, or that his family disapproves of the marriage. They begin setting up a baby room then the scene at the doctors this implies either she's infertile (they planned for a baby before pregnancy) or had a miscarriage (lost a loved one that hit so badly they never tried again). They set up a fund to move/vacation to a place the both of them want, but setbacks cause them to keep raiding the fund. She sends him off to work at a cart selling balloons over the years, so she's a housewife and he works a low paying job to provide her with everything he can, besides a child. He continues to do everything in his power for her when she becomes sick in order to make her last days happy. When she dies the man has her, which includes all the things he has done for her his entire life. Without a child or his wife, who his life has revolved around the past ~50 years, and maybe even his family has disowned him after marrying his wife. Without these the only purpose his life has is to continue breathing until he dies.

90% of the dialogue in FO1 and 2 is without VA, and the games did just fine.

But then again, you would have needed to play them to know what you're talking about.

I AM GOING TO TAKE A SHIT ON YOUR CHEST

You mean like how I always play it?

Leave, you pathetic cuckold.

That's fucking excellent. How do I sign you up for my company to extract all of your profit you don't care about?

SC3 was Nightmar-centric, no?

Now imagine the depth of that experience with a sense you don't have. Imagine that scenario being the first time you head sound. That would be a religious moment in your entire life.

That's how that scene was for people who could hear sound. Do you understand what I am saying?

Right, sorry, FO 1 and 2 is exactly the benchmark what I'm talking about. Just kidding, I don't farm autism points.

I'm going to photograph it.

did this thread really get shit up by a dude who voiced a character in a fighting game and got his own head lodged permanently up his own ass?

is this some new 6 AM shitposting session I didn't hear about?

Thankfully we know his name and can keep reminding him how he made an ass out of himself on a chan.

This is what a salty spreg looks like.

Yes.

I''ve never once announced I was the greatest voice talent and I'm more than happy to say I am subpar-tier… at best.

You just don't understand how it works and no amount of "KILL ALL VO ARTISTS" is going to help that little revenge fantasy you're harboring.

You have Twitch and Youtube and what not. Why aren't you making regular payments off of that? That's right. They own your content and your intellectual property and all future content as well.

You create the content, they collect the paycheck. You're a digital serf at best.

EVERY. SINGLE. VO. ARTIST. TODAY. only makes money because they get hired for buyouts. Think of the great art that inspired you to be more than you were born to be? That's right. They get a singular buyout like teachers or day laborers.

And you defend this regime.

Do something with it. Go on. Doxx and destroy me. In two weeks, you won't remember shit, so stop it.

Symmetrical and attractive to females?

OH GOD NO ANYTHING BUT THAT.

Stop using reddit spacing you talentless kike hack.

Please look at and find a single Jewish feature.

Hey, cuck, how's your shitty novel going? You're a real modern day Nostradamus.

You look like a gay fuckboi.

Wasn't born deaf.
That is exactly what virgins think about getting laid, until they do.
Nigger I watched a kids show clip and summarized it was because of what you said here.

And here

Actors only get paid the big bucks because kikes scalped the ones people enjoyed by paying them massive amounts, giving them control over hollywood and who becomes big or not. Now you're throwing a bitch fit because you feel that the hacks that say lines into a mic should get the same treatment.
Neither of these groups of people deserve huge paychecks.

I paced my bets accordingly and it made great strides. My investments confiscate your investments. :D
\

Gayest of fuckestbois, sir.

I will no longer engage in your shit tactics. Dear people, literally, don't hold grudges against voice actors the way you are unless they are paid.

You hide it well behind your nigger loving beta male expression, you whining thirsty faggot kike.

Yes, because I can hide Israeli, Ashkenazic, and generally Jewish traits by sheer willpower.

Nigger I don't give a single fuck about whatever the fuck it is you're bitching about. You voiced a single character in a fighting game and you expect people to give a shit about what you have to say. That's why I'm laughing at you, and probably why many others are.

The fact that you believe the people here won't remember this in a day shows how much of a newfag you are. Niggas still shit on a dev that sperged out much like you are now and that shit happened like a year ago or something. You seem to have forgotten the golden rule of the internet.

One day we will send this threat to your daughter so she can see what a humongous bitch her dad is.

Shut up you obnoxious nigger faggot. Fuck off back to reddit already if you want to whine about not getting royalties for a shitty single voice acting job, you whining faggot loser.

You think I didn't spend her entire life preparing her for you? :D

Too predictable.

Word salad like woah. No one is going to remember me especially after these next two weeks.

So, I'm not Jewish is what you're saying.

I'm reading your twitter. If she doesn't come out as a transethnic zirsexual otherkin dragon by the age of 14 it will be a miracle.

You are the most pretentious faggot I have ever had the misfortune to look upon on twitter.

I recommend doing better research, you're woefully inadequate.

You'll never find a more redpilled female than her. ;D

You're obsessed with getting extra money for work you already finished, you're as fucking kike as they come you kabbalah reading, foresking stealing, nigger loving, white race hating, subhuman beta bitch.

Fuck off and go back to not being able to get your shitty 2005 novel published you hack.

She'll fuck that nigger, never you worry. I'll see you on Holla Forums bitching about it, right after you bemoan why your perceptive insight into the future of the drone market and your masterful predictions of the economy didn't make you rich.

I was making at times $350 a night being a twitch streamer, and I shelved it to take care of my sick mother

YOUR MOVE CREEP

Keep in mind this guy is a CEO (of a company of ten people max), supposedly tech savvy, yet so fucking retarded that not only did he unleash a massive barrage of autism at the ass end of the internet, being salty for people that are supposedly his ideological enemies, but was also so monumentally stupid he managed to doxx himself.

This one will go down in history.

The fuck are you on about, I've probably been the most civil person in this thread to you. As for grudges I hold none these VAs demanding higher pay is the same as a kid asking mommy and daddy for triple their allowance because they do super hard work.
Lets go over yours.

You wanted a honest interpretation of how a deaf person views the scene, which I obliged here.
Here you threw everything I said out the window and attempted to pull someone acting civil to you over to your line of thinking.
After that fails you call me a shill. Did this VA cuck you or something? I honestly cannot tell if you're this egotistical or you're looking to get a personal army. Either way drag your ass back to halfchan, reddit, or TRS.

Read anything he has posted online, this faggot is so in love with himself it would make a narcissist blush.

>I've hired people with much worse criminal histories before. (I do not recommend doing this unless you know how to read people very, very well!) The nature of the crime is an important indicator of how a person resolves situations.
Patrick Ryan, on the hiring of niggers to fuck his daughter.

Good luck with that, VA faggots, developers can do better voices than you Remember when they wanted to be able to tweet their shit while in the booth?
Also are there any people in the world who play a game only if it has a voice actor they like?

Ehhh. someone is doing minimal Googling, I'll give you that.

If you only knew the power of my novel. :(

ANYWHO

I can't give away my entire hand here, especially on a board that is monitored by our mutual enemies. But I can CORRECT THE RECORD

Poverty sucks. I know this first hand.

My intellectual works are mine and mine alone. I deserve all profits generate from it. Disagree? And if so, explain why.

I'm pre-kabbalah actually

That's difficult to do

I do love East Coast Hip-Hop :(

Not at all. Europeans have a unique trajectory in human history, a trajectory that is very much worth analyzing.

Post-human, actually

If that is what you thin, then this gives me an advantage.

If that is what you need to believe, than so be it.

Learn how inflation works?

None of the things you are saying will happen. :(

You lack continuity.

Super self lovest. Can't find greater love than self. Jack off to my own image every 15 minutes. Yep. Super that.

You're not criminals. You don't have it in you to be such. You operate within the predictable and boring constraints. This is sad because you were meant to be more.

Haha. Yes. All devs are infinitely superior story tellers, better than anyone before them for thousands of years.

Is this from the newer generations only for have the "veterans" bittern in on the act as well? Also one would think that it wouldn't take more than 1/10th a second`s thought to not use twitter while on the job, especially when said job creates output which is supposed to be a secret.

Wow, has the dollar lost that much value in two years? ;D

Work for hire. The work you did is not your IP.

holy shit, are you fulfilling my fantasies!?

Correct. Which is why you structure a series of corporations to make sure your own IP at the end of the day wile minimizing your expose to petulant lawsuits.

We can't, because it was so shit no one wanted to publish it.

But I thought your novel was an insight into the future of the market. How can a genius such as yourself not be a billionaire by now? The novel was dropped in 2005.

It's what we call a spreg here. You belong to the same race as moviebob and CWC.

We have your full name and face, that you gave us. You're one special kind of retard we rarely see around these parts. Even the mental cripples over at Holla Forums manage to do better.

Murder and drug dealing are worthy skills in the business sector. Okay.

Guess we should make your daughter being raped jokes huh?

Or maybe you should go to bed Mr. Drunk CEO of multiple companies

Explain.

Also please stop the spacing, that amount of characters does not require a post that large.

I dont think hes a google. But otherwise good post.

Isn't it like 4:30 in the morning for you now?

He's masturbating to himself.

Good job on stumbling on Googly accessible Wiselike. Must have been super hard.

Have you ever considered the idea that you're recruiting what I need for me by posting that?

:D

I understand you think you're supposed to inflict the most amount of "harm" upon me for a rise, but your avenue doesn't work.

You'll forget all about me in two weeks.

If you expect me to feel pity about deafness, you've made a terrible mistake. I expect the deaf to rise above their conditions and be greater that the hand they've been dealt. So, when I say you've made a continuity effort, this is because you've appealed to my emotions.

You need better doxx material :D

If you don't understand that formula, you are not important. You're just an elaborate combination of software that generates semi-contextual bit combinations.

I can TensorFlow you.

The power of unsellability.

If I wanted pity I'd go to some site where I'm not anonymous.
Where did I do that? If anything you were attempting to appeal to mine here.

Yes, of course, this was all part of your master plan. You're a real life Bane.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just ask Burch or Jake Rapp how we've forgotten about them.

Maybe we should get /cow/ in on this, see how deeper the rabbit hole goes?

You might think talking like this makes you sound smart and educated, but all you're really achieving is broadcasting to everyone what an egotistical moron you are.

Wew, we got a live one.

So, has he finally went to fucking bed? Jesus, that was an autism fest.

Someone should make the same thread tomorrow to see if he has been drinking and has come for round 2.

I like Arcanum voice acting.

He should calm the fuck down and talk more about the inner workings of the VA industry, and should stop drinking before his golden voice becomes hoarse.

He did one VA gig. He's actually a (failed) programmer running some shitty, no name company out in Commiefornia. I have no fucking idea why VA primadonnas doing their yearly cry for attention ritual triggered him so hard.

I don't know if your ego is real or fake, but god damn its infinite

"You do not fathom the absolute magnitude of my work, at best you could only catch a fleeting glance at its genius"

Thought of this of you while picking up dog shit my sick puppy left on the floor, it sums up your personality perfectly

I just hope that when he sobers up, he realizes that while there are fair things to ask for like better voice direction, something like royalties is putting too much worth into voice acting, especially with how voice acting is like in the west.

If he really wants to see what it's like when voice actors are actual celebrities worth a damn, he should look at the Japanese entertainment industry where a voice actor like Norio Wakamoto is truly golden. And while he's at it, see why exactly the voice actors over there have gotten the amount of respect they've come to deserve. Here's a tip in case he's still listening: they do a hell of a lot more than just read a script when doing a gig, and even just that they do at a much better quality.

He won't. The only reason he wants royalties, I imagine, is for the backpay of his one gig. Given that he's been unable to hold a job for more than a year max, a half dozen months for the most part, and that he's a failed author, he probably just taking this stance for the money.

To be fair, Nips are kinda audiophiles with autism on sounds, but really would like to see him answer more questions when he cools off.

I kinda wish I understood Japanese so I could appreciate the difference better

Hell I just looked up Tara Strong, the so called "Golden Girl" of current new voice actors

They say she's worth about 10 million, HOWEVER, a great deal of her worth comes from the fact she started up a voice over company which helps voice over talent find paying gigs and she gets a cut of it, she is also an actual actor who appears in movies etc

From what I can confirm is she made $300K for the upcoming MLP FIM movie but is doing an absolute shitload of voice over work for other things like games/movies/other shows etc

She's not just getting one gig, she's doing 50+ gigs

And THAT is why she's making the big bucks, she doesn't do one thing, she does hundreds of things

That's something Mr. Nightmare here needs to learn

Multiply those small gigs on video games with royalties and bonus pay there after, they get a bigger check along with a cut for the Union, really not shady at all!

I hope all the voice acting goes to those crappy text to voice programs.

one of the many good moments in that movie by the way

Learn to program and get a real job, hipster trash. Or kill yourself, whatever is quicker.

Half of the vocal parts to pixar movies just goes to the animators

That should show you how little voice actors are needed considering the animators can fill in and nobody notices the quality difference

That's another reason why Japanese voice actors do so well too. Each of them are everywhere doing all sorts of roles while also doing some extra work to promote whatever they lent their voice to. Some get pigeonholed to a particular voice like Wakamoto and Rie Kugimiya but ehh, their voice is too iconic for a particular character type at this point. Others can be a lot more diverse in their range like Jun Fukuyama (who also puts in a ridiculous amount of prep work for his roles from what I heard). And some of them still manage to work on live productions as well from time to time.

Although none of them have started up their own voice over company but none of them needed to either. They just actually put in work. But owning a company like that would help a lot, I'm sure.

Holy shit, I'm just starting to read this thread and the drunk, entitled VA who only voiced the sword in Soul Calibur 3 thinks that voice acting in video games gives the medium life. News flash, you hapless, mid-life crises ridden prick, I played RPG's w/o voice-overs during the 90's, and guess what? The "soul" you're talking about ISN'T in voice acting, it's about the narrative that's already inside the game, mainly in story-driven genres like RPG's. So, shut the fuck up about how you and the rest of the VAs in the industry have to be paid the same way as game developers and the rest of the team does. The game developer team works more hours especially when crunch time comes along or the deadline is near and they have to do everything that's needed to make sure that everything is in order, from troubleshooting bugs and glitches to make sure that there aren't dead animations or pixels in the game to ensure its quality and yet you think that your voice-overs are par on their level? Get the fuck out here, you worthless scum. VA's like you are the parasites of the industry. I reckon that there are more people who have class out there that have yet to be discovered rather than established pieces of shits like you. Fuck off this board and fuck out of the video game industry. You are CANCER!

Someone should make an actual compilation, such autism should not go unrewarded.

I've been complimented by many different people for my ability to project my voice, do different types of voice, being able to portray different emotions, etc.

How would I even get into voice acting?
Jesus fuck, I'd even do it out of boredom to get a kick out of hearing my voice in a project, whatever it may be.

Patrick Ryan can probably help you, I bet he has some sick connections.

For longevity, here's the thread archive.
archive.is/VlHW5

You should use web.archive.com/save/ it saves images unfortuante not webms or mp4 but images in their entirety.

That was an excellent interview.

Project harder just cause I don't recognize the word doesn't make me a millennial.

Did Patrick Ryan just shit up a thread over something fundamentally useless?

Vocaroo deletes files after some time. Here's a hopefully longer lasting link to his vocal spergout
u.teknik.io/7tkND.mp3

List of the most important things in games:
1. Gameplay
2. Graphics OR music
3. Story
4. Misc sounds
5. Voice acting

Fightan is the only genre that NEEDS voice acting if you ask me.

Action games can make good use of VA and most of them don't have good stories to ruin in the first place.

Nope, visual novels need the most voice acting.

"Great minds think alike"
Groups have certain behaviors, and typically the people like being around those like them, and will often change the way they act according to the group they're in (they're peasants). There is actual scientific evidence that says that friends tend to have closer DNA, if you won't take my word for it.

If you're illiterate

I hate that shit, hanakana for example, she has a nice soft voice but she is always stuck with this "nice girl" role, with the occasional outburst when the nice girl finally loses it. then one day out of fucking nowhere comes mahiru from kamisama dolls, a terrible character that when is not too busy being a complete bitch is insulting others, idolizing kyouhei or pissing herself and I'm just watching enjoying every single moment.