I dare you to find a more powerful piece of video game music. Or a more powerful piece of music in general

I dare you to find a more powerful piece of video game music. Or a more powerful piece of music in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vyEGYMeGEqs
youtube.com/watch?v=d49Zl0fNyy4
youtube.com/watch?v=EaSvJZE3dCI
youtube.com/watch?v=nNVh1_QZTp0
youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E
vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php?title=Hidehito_Aoki
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHzbaV98go
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Powerful" is subjective, user.

You like it because it is your preference and you've personally become attached to it.

;-;

I don't like it.

NEVER FORGET WHAT user SAW THAT DAY

Now THIS I can get into.

I replace the Rustboro/Mauville theme in my Alpha Sapphire copy via romfs/layeredfs and it has never fit more accurately.

No it isn't. Music, just like other forms of art, is a way to manipulate human perception into eliciting an emotion. Sure, you can say that natural human experience can create a bias in that but still, the objectivity is there.

Total shit. Huge fag.

I agree with what you have said, but I also just came all over my keyboard while listening to what you linked.

(you)

That's what you perceive as objective user, I do get where you're coming from, but what you are explaining is incredibly uncommon.

Total shit. Huge fag.

I'm not a fan of waltz, but that's alright.

Oh yeah, it's a truly underappreciated piece. There's more.

Alright, how about this?
I hate the fact that this was in deadpool and that's all everyone thinks about now.

I've always been a sucker for the music in MGS

No.

Yes.

Weak 90's rock imo. If you like that genre there are many better ones.

It's an uncommon way of thinking because modernism fucks everyone.

I take it in a couple ways: praying to God that the Mobius Squadron wins and prevents nuclear destruction at the hands of Megalith, or asking God to forgive the world in advance for unleashing hell on Earth. It's pretty fuckin' sick, if you ask me.

The bar sure is set low in this thread.
Until we devise a relevant test of taste and intellect and show you are inferior in both. Then you can move to the "I don't actually care" phase of your insane rhetoric to justify your inferior existence. All just manifestations of the form of the pleb, all interchangeable.

Superior taste coming through.

Fuck, I thought this was going to play the fucking Flintstones theme.

SiIvaGunner has ruined me.

Wagner is lowbrow tbh. Too pompous and the harmony is subpar compared to baroque musicians.

My taste is divine and irreplaceable, blassed by the gods themselves! Fueled by countless generations, an eternal, ethereal and blazing will. I won't be beat by someone who thinks less of me, since any attempts will be made in vanity.

BLASSED

Fortunately, my proletariat and poorly spoken friend, the appeal of Wagner isn't purely in his technique, but rather in the spirit and purpose of his work. Also, I'll give you a little nudge on the road to not being a retard, and highlight that being subpar is actually a good thing. The term you are searching for is "substandard". Thanks.

*tips fedora*
So deep brah.

You are the same creatures that beg me for assistance in work, answers to assignments, and tips in games. The number of times I have had people pretend to be my equal and talk shit to me before realizing their place when they are outperformed has left me with exactly 0 respect for you. I don't consider you human. When the great minds of the past pondered what it is to be human, they fatally projected their lived experience onto the likes of you.

Holy shit, you sound like something the atheism section of reddit would go absolutely bonkers over. Great job on outing yourself, you cringetastic fuckwad.

I think he was a quite capable musician, I don't criticize his skill as a musician, but he had no faith. His music is banal and gaudy due to this lack of meaning. Bach in the other hand was a selfless musician who created humble art to praise God. He had no pomp unlike Wagner.

youtube.com/watch?v=vyEGYMeGEqs

Sue me.

At least OP didn't do the newfag "Protip: You can't" shite…

Fair point! Others tend to do that stupid thing, thinking they ALWAYS have the right of way.

The reason for that is because you are so far below people who aren't mentally disabled that you cannot distinguish between the superficial trappings of intellect and genuine intellect. Your perception is worthless, just like you are. Your reaction is like that of any lesser beast. The only way you can navigate a world filled with people that you don't like and cannot actually identify as smart or stupid and keep your ego intact is by playing the pessimist's strategy of pretending they are all just acting. To your credit, it's a strategy that does work in general, there being more idiots pretending to be smart than actual smart people, but it still reveals you as an incurable retard to anyone that has a clue.

In my experience, this was the last great vidya music composed, and NIER and FFXIII-2/3 had some winners too.

Slave morality LARPing. Wagner's Faustian spirit and Romantic Nationalism is far more interesting.

You DO realize a redditor would say the exact same fucking thing, right? Your pride is too big to swallow. Which is why you're burning your time making psuedo-intellectual posts on an imageboard, in turn, making you look like huge autist.

Once again, way to out yourself. I don't know how you do it, but you managed to increase the size of your fedora, especially with the whole 'Your opinion doesn't matter. So there!' Shlick.

Oh fuck yes.

Again friend, what you reckon isn't a measure of objective reality. You are not equipped to judge. I am looking down upon you. I can contain your entire mindset. I am better than you. I have said it a thousand times to a thousand people. You can believe what you want, but whenever there comes a test of who is better, I always seem to prevail.

That music is nothing special man. It's like a less competent version of castlevania.

Nietszche is one of the worst philosophers ever who wrote due to his butthurt for Dostoevsky, who BTFO'd his nihilism long before he even wrote a book. But whatever, here, have some nice modern Wagner cover.

You suffer the same condition as the other user. As for Nietzsche, his body of work was somberly diagnosing strains of Nihilism in the West. You do not understand what he wrote, you do not appreciate the conductor's interpretation of that piece, you do not understand the purpose of that piece, and your opinion is literally a meme which you have picked up somewhere and are regurgitating. You are a biological tape recorder in the shape of a human being.

Μεθ’ ἡμῶν ὁ Θεός, γνῶτε ἔθνη καὶ ἡττᾶσθε.
Ὅτι μεθ’ ἡμῶν ὁ Θεός.

that just sounds like your average piano background to a normalfag song, only even worse because the notes are all over the place

Nietszche was technically more of an existentialist than a nihilist, what I mean by nihilism here is banality. Nietszche got butthurt when he read Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground and Crimes and Punishment, that's how the Ubersmench was born. For him, will makes a man invincible, when in fact man is too weak to have an invincible will, and will itself is banal when it's man made. Man can't create faith, contrary to what Nietszche thought, faith is just a gift. Ubermensch doesn't exist because all men were born to be slaves. In fact, everything under sun was born to be a slave. Humans are special for their capability to transcend materials and finity, not to be a master.

Will is tied to morality for him, specifically structured and hierarchical elaborations of will. Faith exists at the boundaries of knowledge, emerges from the shared psyche, and in each epoch acts as a cosmology. That definition of slavery is so broad as to be meaningless.

I don't know why but this track really hit me hard.

You really make it too easy. That song is less powerful any of the greats from the classical era.

That's because of how structured and calculating he was in composing his music. Although I would hardly call his work humble. Compared to everything else people were making at the time the scale of his religious music was huge, which is in large part what makes it so powerful and beautiful.

I'm not an intellectual, but that doesn't seem to contradict anything that I posted.

He wasn't the most humble musician, but compared to Wagner he certainly was. Many traditional catholic motets were written by anonymous musicians, they certainly were more selfless than Bach.

This OST has more power.

Unlimited power.

Beethoven is great, but not as comfy as Sibelius.

Here you go OP, pretty much everything in video related

Explain how you understand "powerful" first.

This would also do.

Excellent taste.

surely you would know better than to come here.

Why hasn't there been a game set on a Romanesque Mars, with countless legions of soldiers fighting the insectoid savage heathens of Martian Gaul??

youtube.com/watch?v=d49Zl0fNyy4

i was gonna just make a joke about how it being metal makes it powerful, but in a way its pretty interesting that a cheesy song like this had such impact on the players and really made the fight so much more exciting

Never played this game but love the music

At 15:43, that Haze track.
Compare this to QnB.

You fucked up user. There actually is a game which features that theme.

For extra.

:^)

How?

Piano covers of this song are slightly better than the official version.

I was expecting Maiden Astraea

This work often evokes powerful emotions

If you've finished Unreal Gold, you should understand the feelings behind this song

This one gives me more feelings

The fact that this is the first song that plays when you hit start spells out how fucking over the top the game is.

Shostakovitch, Bach or Prokofiev.
Liadov, Sibelius or Holst… Dvorak; Chose your poison.
Plus, depending on the conductors, a piece can sound quite different as demonstrated here:
youtube.com/watch?v=EaSvJZE3dCI
VS
youtube.com/watch?v=nNVh1_QZTp0

The Dragon's Dogma OST is a fucking joke and and an insult to classical music. Even Yoko Kanno, that old fraud, didn't fucked up that much on her classical pieces

Probably written by her husband i bet.

good
let it burn
let it all burn

He probably suffers from a superiority complex, you would know by now, that some people who browse this board aren't always right in the head. Of course, equality itself is a social construct, that is no falsification, but you'd have to be a huge autist to come into an anonymous imageboard and act like you own the fucking people in it. He wasn't worth my keystrokes, my time, patience, nor the oxygen I inhaled while typing a refutation, thus, I never bothered to respond to the vermin in the first place.

Enjoy the music!

Alright Holla Forums.

Just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and listen to this shit. Let it soak in for the 4 - 5 minutes it lasts.

I dare you to find a piece as moving or beautiful as the last 1 minute of the song.

They way the chord just resolves itself sends chills every time

Sounds like a straight mix of Fauré and Pärt.

Not vidya, but the soundtrack to Trinity and Beyond is easily one of the most underrated soundtracks in film.
Nigga, that isn't even the best Disney, Square, or even Kingdom Heart's song.

And now, something rather obscure.

Well fuck you OP. A universe of emotion on one tiny instrument.

user GET OUT

I don't know, maybe some games don't need a sequel. Besides, would you really want modern Sega to make a new Skies of Arcadia? They'd fuck it six ways from Sunday.

not really though

sub·par
səbˈpär/
adjective
adjective: subpar

below an average level.
standard=average.
end yourself

That song is only powerful within context, if you haven't played the original there's no point in listening to the remix. See

For the reaction of someone who hasn't played it.

I'd even say this isn't the better piano version, because it lacks the drive of the original, because it dismembers the main melody far too much for the first half of the song and only becomes coherent for the last two minutes.

U WA SHOCK
It's a shame that we'll never get a game that's equivalent in radicalness to Fist of the North Star or Berserk for that matter.

Season 2 theme is better :^)

Haven't seen the anime because I've been reading the manga.
Who the fuck is the girl? Is it Lin?

Came here to post this.

This song, as well as Zero, Unsung War and Liberation of Gracemeria are better examples videogame music that require no context to get the impact from. I haven't even played any ace combat past 3.

Keep reading and find out :^)

Musou is the Call of Duty of Japan and licensing is pretty expensive I guess.
No such luck unfortunately

Nigger please

FotNS2's theme is more early 90's than 80's. And it still has the same tone so I don't know what you're talking about with the setting. They're both memorable in their own ways. Like Theme A and B in Tetris.

Mah niggas.

dilby pls

youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E

Okay right we can embed here.

Fuck out of here

Excellent taste my friend

No user you must leave.

Square's composers are good, but they can't hold a candle to Atlus' composers. Just like the games themselves.

user….
vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php?title=Hidehito_Aoki

It's an abstract kind of hell

That's very tragic.
At least Masuko and Meguro live on, though.

Got you covered fam.

Someone has to pay for your crimes, Walker.

Who's it gonna be?

I could go for an HD rerelease With the EXP values turned up and the encounter rate turned down

My taste is impeccable, my standing unmeasurable.
Behold and weep, plebeians, for none of you can appreciate excellent music as I can.

tears ahead

Ehhhh

you fags dont know ur power

I'm feeling it, again.

Not Vidya but this one gets me every time.

Howl's Moving Castle is like the worst Miyazaki Film tho.

I know, Castle in the Sky is my personal favorite My overall favorite movie too, but the ending theme for Howl's Moving Castle still gets to me.

The Wind Rises is my personal favorite of Miyazaki's films, but the best Animated Film of all time has to go to Grave of the Fireflies.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
WHAT A FUCKING GAY

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHzbaV98go
good stuff

checkmate faggot

Flawless

That's ok, but seems a cheap imitation of their other composer/pianists. They don't flow at all.

There are a too many Final Fantasy Piano Collections and Piano Operas to list, so I'll go with the super emo X-2 for you. X is my favorite collection, but there quality in all of them.

The nips are all hollow Chopin copycats.

What the heck, I'll post my favorite anyway.

Muh nigs.

I watched moving castle recently. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's weirded out that people seem to think it's the best. I think it's because it had the most fanfiction tier plot so it attracts the most animu faggots.

This song always gets me for some reason.

Also, Tim Curry is great as a Tim Curry character, but he makes a horrible Gabriel Knight - because he still just sounds like Tim Curry making a funny voice with a bad accent. Dean at least was believable in the role of an insufferable smarmy cunt of an author who plays the womanizing adventurer, but is really just a sad cunt who get berated by a tiny asian woman that he pays to follow him around and emasculate him.

The entirety of Drakengard 1's soundtrack.

Bump to last the night

Robert Holmes did a fantastic job composing the series.

The first and the third are some of my favorite games, but I fucking despise the second one. I especially hate the actress who played Grace. She came off as such a bitch for no reason. It was really cool when, after the opera starts but before the climax, you can hear the orchestra play the credits theme from the first game

Also, the remake of the first one is surprisingly faithful, but with a couple new puzzles and one that was altered to be a little less arbitrary. They also changed Gabriel's design to match the one from the sequels. They also couldn't get all the voice actors back, but the replacements did a really good job with the impersonations.