Shows that really didn't deserve to be as popular as they were

Shows that really didn't deserve to be as popular as they were

I actually liked that show.

are you the cobie fag?

Nope but I watched it a lot with my siblings and by myself.

Cobie is the patrician's Holla Forums waifu

Zimbabwe
How I met Your Mother wasn't all bad, but it wasn't really all that funny in the long run. Some episodes only really had one joke to them and others were just incessant, nonstop callbacks to jokes established seasons prior. If the final season had some kind of good payoff, maybe it could be forgiven, but sweet merciful FUCK did they shit the bed on that last one.

I think it's popularity came from the fact that so much of the humor was like an in-joke. So feeling like you were part of the little circle of people who got such clever jokes as "LEGEN - wait for it - DARY" made people think the show was better than it actually was.

This is actually a really good red flag show to confirm how much mental illness a male has. Also, Dr. Who. If anyone likes either I have to cut all contact.

are you a roastie? if so, you're right

So how did he meet their mother?

All I know is narrator wants to fug Cobie, which I can relate to.

She showed up to Barney's wedding through some contrived convenience and is exactly like Ted in every single way. Then she dies of cancer and future narrator Ted goes and marries Robin after she broke up with Barney over some equally contrived bullshit in one minor scene.

>>>/reddit/

There were like, 3 jokes and all of them were established in the first season, come the fuck on bruh

Friends
South Park
Simpsons

wow she must be a super slut then

If thats true Im pretty damn glad I stopped watching before the last season. Show was on life support the last two seasons I watched, already.

Yup that is pretty much 100% accurate as I remember it. Watch the last season, it actually makes for good schadenfreude in a way because it really is just baffling how terrible it was.

If I recall correctly, the last season sets up that 'The Mother' is one of the musicians who plays at Barney and Robin's wedding. Something happens and she misses her plane or train or something and Marshal ends up driving her to the wedding where it's revealed that she behaves exactly like Ted. The previous seasons set up Barney and Robin with Barney trying to change for her, etc etc. The usual drama and Ted being a mopey faggot take up some of the episodes. I think Marshal introduces Ted to the girl and the rest of their romance is handled in a montage. "Everything was amazing! We moved into that house and had kids and lived happily ever after… Oh, and then she died of cancer or something."

In a quick cut-away scene, Robin is an international reporter now and Barney is a lifestyle blogger. Despite his character arc, he's acting like an immature faggot and it's narrated that they were having trouble and they divorced. Later, Barney knocks up some slut and ends up raising his daughter as a single Father. Finally, Ted's kids speak and say something like "you told us that whole story just so you could justify that you're in love with Aunt Robin." Future Ted is shown to not be Bob Saget, but then he runs off and confesses his love to Robin. The end.

I just saved you 20 hours of mediocre sitcom watching.

Who the hell sets up a love story about for 5 seasons and completely rewires it in the last 2?

Better luck next time, OP.

The same people that turn what could've been at most a two parter in any other sitcom into the show's entire premise.

They really dropped the ball on that one.
Though, it didn't make sense for his voice to change regardless.

ITT: shows that were interesting but got annoying. the end episodes were ironically better than the whole series TBH.

tfw Ted's daughter was on screen

it's still the best isekai though

The first season was objectively one of the worsts seasons of any sitcom, from any country, ever. The premise should never have been anything but a 2-3 episode miniseries or 90 minute feature.

kinda qtpatoot