Grand Theft AAAAAAuto

This is the first game ever to make me dizzy just by playing the damn thing, I'm trying to finish it alongside it's London expansions, but goddammit, between the low resolution, the camera moving up and down constantly and the really tight time limits, this is turning out to be not very F U N.

Guess I'll just skip to GTA 2 instead, but has anyone ever liked GTA 1 anyways?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/229514247-Update-to-GTA-Online-Suspension-and-Ban-Policy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hated GTA1 and 2 and when I heard about three I laughed at them. Then I stopped laughing because 3 managed to be good.

GTA2 and Chinatown Wars are way better, just skip 1.

III was good. Vice City perfected it, and it's been hit or miss ever since.

III is actually my very favorite GTA, I just have fond memories of it and I keep playing it to this day, I thought I'd give the earlier games a try, but goddamn, shit is nearly unplayable.

It was pretty fucking amazing when it had come out. I still have the original launch day disk/box (blue disc rep). I actually liked it more than GTA 2 if I'll be completely honest.

2 was a graphical upgrade, and was mechanically the better game, also dat hardware acceleration. I just liked the setting of the first much more, along with having 8 playable protagonists, and having a more enjoyable soundtrack. GTA2 felt a little too conceptual for my tastes, whereas the modern day crime grit felt more true to the series.

Then 3 came out and then all bets were off. Great series all around, and I honestly don't think there's a "bad" GTA game. Just different.

How do you manage to play it without getting all dizzy from the constant moving camera?

Or at least how do you manage to speed through without hitting every car and building?

The camera is purely based on momentum. It's never been an issue for me, so I can't really say.

I suppose the only thing I can recommend is to play it more, and you'll eventually anticipate the camera momentum and its behavior.

I enjoyed the first GTA, but it was also the first game I ever pirated.

GTA II has very cool setting.

I thought GTA 2 was boring swinging london

Apparently someone at Rockstar wanted to add a radio station fully dedicated to Prog rock, here's his explanation as to why it never happened, it's rather interesting.

No, GTA London was just an expansion pack for GTA 1, GTA 2 takes place in 2013 in a city called "Anywhere City"

Is China Wars fun?

More Anywhere City artwork.

Holy shit, this stuff is good, how come GTA dropped the futuristic style?

That's super interesting, I didn't know that. I'm not exactly a fan of prog rock, but I always love learning new shit about the series and things in the games themselves. (especially the cut content)

I like the futuristic style, but it feels a little too "spinoff", compared to modern day crime stuff. But then, I suppose Vice City and San Andreas could be considered the same, and those games were great.

I think I'd be open to a futuristic GTA again in the future, once we have our updated Vice City. Provided that Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't beat them to the punch.

What I want form a GTA set in Anywhere City or in any futuristic setting is to have a similar tone to GTA 2 which had this sort over the top nearly cartoonish tone, if you have a futuristic setting, a cartoonish tone can fit better since you can just assume the people in the future are fucked up, and even then, it's just that i rather have more goofiness than "muh realism".

I basically want more vid related out of the GTA games.

I remember this one. Best part of the whole game.

I'm of two minds there.

I don't mind the over-the-top, cartoonish tone, but overdo it and it turns into Saints Row 3, where it turns into "lolrandom XD"

On the other hand, I actually like the realistic approach that they later took. I'd love to see the realistic approach taken in a setting like Anywhere City, to be this fucked up mixture of Blade Runner and Judge Dredd. I'd play that shit in a heartbeat.

That's true, I too agree that something closer to Judge Dredd would be great, but Judge Dredd has also had it's share of wacky shit going on, but it would still fit a new GTA game. To this day Rockstar has been making references to GTA 2, even in V with the Z-Type car being the very same car the Zaibatsu goons drive with in GTA 2

Better than IV.

I thought that was an awesome touch. I think references to the first two games are my favorite of all.

Once they finish this next part of what I assume will be the "modern trilogy", I hope R* looks back to the first two games, and finds some way to resurrect the spirit of them, somehow.

I wish I knew I people hate GTA2, do you fags hate arcades or something? How young are you? Get off my imageboard plebs.
Not only that but you somehow love the later games which are the greatest examples of quantity over quality in existence sans TES.
I wish I knew why people suck Rockstar Games dick so much.

They'd better damn bring back Taxi Drivers Must Die

People not born in 90s and later.

Kinda weird how the guns in GTA2 are all green, like plastic army men.

W-who needs me for another mission.

I forget how it worked; don't you get the army on the second zone when your wanted level is high enough? Or is that just the FBI?

1st zone is just SWAT
2nd if FBI
3rd is USA USA USA

GTA2 hit the cyberpunk/ future style in all the good ways. Not too over the top and really fitting. I miss that, if the next GTA goes that way again I might play it

1 was more of a concept game. It was an idea they had for a game that was a fairly novel idea at the time. It wasn't that well developed though and would be further improved in later titles.

GTA2 was a solid attempt and was far better. Especially with art style since it had a very distinctive look, atmosphere and gameplay style

However I would say that turning the games 3D was a natural continuation and I'm not altogether sad that they didn't continue creating 2D GTA games. Since they did make Chinatown Wars in the same style and that game turned out fairly good.

I dunno GTA3 was fairly challenging. Especially during the last few missions with how many enemies have M16s that basically destroy all of your vehicles near instantly. And how so many missions have timers

The military only spawns in the second and third zones in GTA2. In the first zone it just goes up to the FBI.

No
No

We need some model details for the road.

This almost parallels the Fallout games, except R* didn't sell their franchise.

Best GTA 2 song coming through.

I thought it was okay. It has its quirks, and, like Hotline Miami, you can get into it and enjoy it.

Also, isn't GTA2 just GTA1 with swapped themes, cars and gangs?

is GTA V multiplayer worth the $30?

Is there even a mute button in the fucking game? There aren't even any alternatives to it.
By that I mean NO. Don't buy anything Rockstar. Or anything related to Take-Two on that matter.

GTA IV > 3 > Vice City

Its all downhill now, V is one of the most handholding boring casual normalfag shit games ever. And VI will be even worse.

Th-thanks I guess. I just wanted a realistic-ish virtual world where I can roleplay not being a worthless NEET :(

It's not worth the time you would put into it. Avoid at all costs.

Hidden behind several menus in a clusterfuck of an interface. Pause menu > online > players > select the guy you want to mute > mute.

Speaking of V and Online, though, how would you fix the game and make it fun?

Is 4 worth playing? 5 I was divided on.

Make it like GTA IV's.

Certainly. It's got a pretty good story (especially with EFLC), great vehicle, ragdoll and weapon physics, solid worldbuilding and plenty of memorable characters. The only complaints are that missions themselves are quite samey (go to a place, kill some dudes, lose the cops, go back to mission giver) and that it's not as diverse and colorful as San Andreas.
It may not be the greatest GTA game ever released, but it's a solid game worth a playthrough at the very least.

What about the story mode then? What would you do with the map?

Thanks, I guess I'll give 4 a shot.
For 5 I wish they had cut down on the filler(like tennis and various activities that seem to be there for the sake for being there) and focusing more on fleshing out some more storylines and characters. For example Trevor's buddies, ron and whatnot, were pretty much shoved to the sidelines after a while. The aftermath of the Lifeinvader part(whatever happened to that bag Michael had that he left in the guy's office? Never mentioned.). Molly Shultz, Debra and Larry, etc.

As for the map itself, I don't know. I felt it was nice and large, but not much of interest to do in that nice and large area. And police response was just trash because they never really brought out the big guys(No tanks or anything) even at wanted level 5, and you could get away with a lot of shit in plain sight of the cops.

How do you like GTA IV and it's no planes? GTA V has more aircraft than Flight Simulator X. No other game has hinds and hueys except DCS.

who allowed children in here

Guess (((who)))

I never played the series seriously besides 5
any point in playing san andreas and IV? also other worthy games in the series?

sure, just go to downtown Harlem on a Friday any night ;it's the experience of a lifetime your last one

Camera distance is based on speed, driving is more like IV, you actually need to use your brakes on occasion.

I really fucking hate that thug life music.

Play all 3D games and Chinatown Wars. I'd say that the series reached its peak in atmosphere in VC and VCS, gameplay in SA and technology in IV. I recommend playing all games in their release order, this way you can catch all continuity nods throughout the series. III, VC, SA, Advance and both Stories take place in the same continuity; IV, Chinatown Wars and V are in another continuity, although large pieces of mythology and worldbuilding stay the same and it's implied that the events of "3D universe" happened in broad strokes.
If you're looking for more similar vidya, try out Saints Row 1 and 2, preferably on X360, because PC port of 2 is tremendously awful and 1 is an exclusive.

Are you even trying, user?

how do you navigate in gta2 without getting lost?

Isn't there a fan-made patch that fixes most of 2's problems on the PC?

gta didnt age as well as gta 2. its one of those games that was great "at the time"

hahaha black!! black protag niiiiig

Gentlemen of The Row? It fixes a lot of problems and adds some new content, but shitty controls, performance issues and engine bugs are still at large. The game is playable if you can live with a terminal case of consolitis, though, so play it on PC if you can't get the X360 version.

I was talking about diversity of environments, vehicles and gameplay mechanics. IV does have its own share of niggers, if you're into that.

Holy shit, R* just went into a judaism overdrive mode.
support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/229514247-Update-to-GTA-Online-Suspension-and-Ban-Policy

Did you expect something else? Of course they're going to milk it dry.

Maybe it's your momnitor/PC? I played it back in the day when it played less than 60, maybe around 30-40 fps and it felt fine, then I played it at my friend's house on PS1 and it was absolutely horrible, framerate fell to to one digit at times when driving fast or there was more than one explosion.

Doing the RC Car kill frenzy nearly made the game die.

oh my how rude of them

You know this can affect legitimate players as well? Cheaters are often found giving absurd amounts of money to other players, and are likely to get fucked over too.

I used to be that the third ban was the permanent one, now it's the second. It used to be that only cheated progress (money and RP) would be substracted from your account, now all progress would be wiped out. Considering the amount of false positives by Cockstar's anticheat making rules stricter only makes things worse.
And this here's the best part: