Ports of Lunar

I think I saw a thread discussing the ports a while ago but I just decided to play the series now.

Wich version should I play? the original Sega CD? the PS1 port? the PSP port?

some say to play the first game on the PS1 and then move to the second game on the Sega CD, people also seem to hate the PSP rerelease, Im a bit lost here.

Also interested in this answer

bump

The PSP release is the best looking entry on the series, it's just that the opening spoils some stuff.

Tell us what you think.

The PSP version is just tedious as shit, even normal battles take way longer than they should because nobody can really hit worth a damn anymore. Also they replaced all the VAs with faggots like Troy baker and manlet the hedgehog

Get whichever release that isn't touched by Working kikes

I've only played the PS1 releases. The PSP port reportedly has a slightly better translation re-edited by XSEED, but there were other problems with it I don't recall because I hadn't planned to play it. Hopefully a more experienced Lunar player will give you a more thorough explanation.

Not even once, i'd rather just mute the game.

Start with the Sega CD versions. The PS1 versions are good, but they're almost like completely different games that have some of the same story elements. Avoid any of the handheld ports.

That's because Working Deshits rewrote the script on the sega cd you sperg.

The PSP version has the objectively best translation out of all the official localizations. All the new opening in it made Victor Ireland; the guy behind the working designs cancer extremely salty

The psp port is just the PS1's script shoehorned in with a few extra bits of new translation that is awkward as fuck

you know they did BOTH versions, and xseed reused the script from the PS1 game for the PSP version, right?

That is reason alone to pick that one over kike spoiled shit.

Shoo shoo Victor, don't you have gamefaq forums to stalk for costumers to harass?

I meant gameplay-wise they're very different. Also, most of the changes to the story were made by Game Arts, such as Luna not leaving your party when you get on the boat, or Alex not being a silent protagonist. Heck, it's possible to argue that Working Designs fucked with the PS1 versions even more than they did with Sega CD.

I like how it's three guys who still haven't concluded anything and it's merely biased opinion. So as OP asks which one is the better one?
I want to play it and haven't played this game series before.

For its time it was a good RPG on Sega CD but now its painfully average and there are countless better games available.
Hell even the "original" NA release is more fondly remembered because of its heavily altered script than the gameplay. There are Monica Lewinsky jokes inserted in the script by Working Kikes.

Both the Sega CD and PS1 versions are very good, but lore-wise, the Sega CD games compliment each other more. The GBA version of Lunar 1 is very watered down, and the PSP version is just the PS1 version with some exposition added. Lunar 2, which is the better of the two games in my opinion, was never ported to either of the handhelds. That's why I said to avoid going that route.

Right. I'll go shove my head into a grinder I just wanted to play something new to distract myself from my terrible life.

Do you guys reccomend playing the PSX version of 1 on PSP if i already played the PSP ver?