en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_fall#Surviving_falls
framesdirect.com/landing/a/glasses-without-lenses.html?affiliate=73
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_64#Development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What about Fallout 4?

This concept is so stupid and normalfags are buying it

SEE THAT PLANE?

At least its portable

You can play trash on an airplane. Shove your gay western game up your ass.

Unless you don't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_fall#Surviving_falls

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY SKYRIM
PORTABLE
SILKY SMOOTH 15 FPS AND 2 HOURS BATTERY LIFE

WHOAH

LOL mustards everyone.

IT JUST CRASHED

But I already could in 2015

So basically Nintendo remade the nvidia shield.
The shield failed so hard, why should this be any different when it's literally the same thing?

Nintendo, that's why.
You can deny it all you want but marketing and brand recognition works.

Brand. US women love reggi's cock in their ass.

Mario.
Zelda.

If the Switch is good it's going to be really fucking good.
If the Switch is bad it's going to be so bad it'll probably put Nintendo under.
I'm okay with either honestly.

sure help the wii u didn't it clearly its gonna help the Switch as well
stop kidding yourself nintendrones

You know I'm genuinely curious as to whether you're attempting to bait replies, or are totally oblivious to the fact that nearly everyone is an idort.

I never owned a single Nintendo system past the 1990 Gameboy.
Normalfags love Mario, I don't.

How many Mario games can people play? And they say Call of Duty is a rehash.

Well, it sort of is.

Modded Skyrim on PC still looks infinitely better than anything consoles are capable of handling.

This, everyone on Holla Forums that likes anything nintendo is a normalfag.

Go play battlefield in your basement

Just market it correctly this time, I can't believe how badly they failed in that department with the Wii U. At least this one doesn't have 'Wii' in it and is a new name so that's a decent start though I'm not too convinced 'Switch' for a video game console name. Once it's out I hope they actually support it well. The Wii U may be a considered a failure but it still has more games than the PS4 and Xbone however the bad thing is that not many people realize this and that's once again Nintendo's fault.

Mario
Zelda
Pokemon
Smash
Star Fox
MAYBE METROID!?
Xenoblade
Byonetta (i don't care how to write this thing)
And alot of others… Shit, isnt it more than any other pc-wannabe consoles?

nintendo sux

Very nice

but why

Vita can already do that

I remember only shitty spinoff's of games
Not REAL ones.

All of those games are old as shit and no normalfag is ever going to touch them

THIS GUYS GETS IT

Vita love
Switch could put vita down for good

Those yellow fucks probably have enough money to buy a small country by now. A shitty console is gonna be just that.

Skyrim is a shitty ripoff.

REMOTE PLAY, I WANT SO MUCH TO BUY PS VITA AND PS4

with lags and and lower quality

Oh, and i would forgot.
You can't just take ps vita and play this skyrim anywhere.

Then this is the thread for you where we discuss PS4 and Vita.

Kojima did it first

Who remembers transfarring for Peace Walker? Basically the from the PS3 version of PW, you could transfar that game and play it on your PSP/PS Vita anywhere.

Okay…?

So? I'm just saying you can play Skyrim on an airplane 3 years ago. This is not some "innovation" or new.

Aside from brand recognition, portability and other functionalities might be an advantage for the Switch.

If it has a 3G/4G conection, can open pdf documents and has a internet browser (even a shitty one), then it might be the very first mobile console I ever actually carry with me around.

It was a joke friend, watch the shitty video.

And doesn't playing Skyrim on your Vita require you stream from your PS3 to your Vita?

This skyrim on vita is streamed.
There is no way to play this without internet connection.
There is no way to play without lags.

Every nintendo console have internet browser now.
Shitty ones but browsers.

zelda is a meme
smash is on life support
star fox was murdered, same with metroid
nobody buys platinum memegames and waifushit without waifushit (it's 2016 only hitler would oogle at 14 year olds in swimsuits)

which leaves out mario, pookiemon, and monster hunter since capcom will do anything to not up the graphical fidelity in the new game. will those carry the Switch alone? only time will tell

With Nvidia and DNA propping up the geriatrics at Nintendo in both the hardware, software and online infrastructure deparments maybe it won't be unbearable.

Is there a way to play Skyrim on any system that isn't a PC without lags?

KILL ALL NIGGERS

Played latest star fox and it was quite nice.
Zelda looks good.
Smash is still amazing.
We don't know shit about metroid.

Because who cares about gameplay, people now buy consoles for fapping to framerate and resolution.

We will see, probably i will preorder because of nintendo game which i HAVE to buy. :/

hello?

wtf can we ban this guy???

KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS
KILL ALL NIGGERS

But he said nothing wrong, if there were no Niggers there would be no-one to shit up this thread. Playstations are the Niggers choice.

Make sure you get your Bethesda™ Controller first.

image ain't official but boy would it be cool

I bet you think the iPhone only sells well because of Apple fanatics too.

I'm seeing reports that it might not even come to the Switch.
Just like Metro on the WiiU.

Will it be renamed as the Nintendo Bait and Switch, then?

you mean lewd

But Todd hasn't confirmed any games on Switch

Except you can't. The controllers have no actual physical connection to the console and are entirely wireless. And you're not allowed to use wireless devices on airplanes because of the possibility of it fucking with sensitive equipment. That part of the trailer was complete bullshit.

To be fair reception to xenoblade x was mixed.

Once i heard that's bullshit

Threadly reminder that Bethesda has confirmed that they have no plans to bring Skyrim to the Switch. They simply provided that footage to Nintendo, and have said that they are committed to bringing (presumably future) games to the platform.

Flight attendants are retarded and won't even notice that the controllers are wireless if you keep them attached to the screen.

It sounds beautiful.

But can you play an airplane on Skyrim??

There's a lot of potential here, assuming this happens.

That's kinda true. Critical equipment are shielded well against electromagnetic signals to a point while others tend not to due to weight and imbalances on the aircraft. But it helps if you can reduce the signal strength by telling the passengers to shut their phone. Plus the things you see as an aircraft maintenance technician will forever scar you and pray you never get to sit on an aircraft.

YOU CAN CRASH IT!

I want reddit to leave

This is high-concept shitposting.

Nintendo confirmed that later.

Prove me wrong user, only people trying really hard to be different on an anonymous imageboard where identity isn't supposed to matter would care that much about some supposed "normalfags".

You've really made this into an art.

That isn't proving me wrong, you lose.

LMAO HE LOST AN INTERNET ARGUMENT
WHAT A LOSER

I applaud your use of the form.

They must make it compatible

I don't know why he caters to shitposters when they're never happy and won't ever be because they're not interested in the board.

You know what?

I think it will be a success at least in Japan.
I mean, even console gaming is not so strong than mobile exactly because they are too buzy to go back to your home to play.
You carry an pseudo-console* quality gaming device to anywhere.
It`s way stronger than 3DS and way more portable than an Xbox and PS4.**
Just throw an [email protected]/* */ or Super Robot Wars and it`s done.
Even it fails as console it will still succeed as portable device.
Also the Vita is dead. Android/ios will never provide a proper gaming experience because background running apps.

*(It`s weaker than neo&scorpion but somewhere between Xbox and PS4.)
**(Ok, buying a gaming laptop is what they should do but we don`t have 4 arms like Goro and Machamp.
Also laptop is as peasantry as console because it is aways weaker and expensive than desktop.)

No, I've been using the term n o r m a l f a g this whole time, not n o r m i e s.
I have problems with both terms, not just one. They both signify the apparent need by an individual to try to stand out in an otherwise anonymous forum, for no reason other than their own insecurities.

It'll have Monster Hunter, it'll be absolute dynamite in Japan.

And here I was under the impression it was a carry-over from Wizardchan and /r9k/ this whole time, silly me.

The dislike for the word "norm*es" is entirely justified though. Normalfag is the original term coined ages ago, norm*es is how redditors changed it to remove the "fag" part because of their PC faggotry.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's a derogatory term that is mainly used to mock niggers that make blogposts and/or faggots that post 3DPD.

I can't decide what's worse, the hype train retards on youtube sucking off Nintendo's little jap dick, or the anti-hype train retards tearing up Nintendo's little jap boypussy. They're both equally fucking garbage and garnering hundreds of thousands of fucking views.

Well no, of course not, but my point was that Skyrim is absolutely capable of exceeding "current gen" graphical standards, albeit not on consoles.

No, normalfags comes from FO1.

What? I recall norm(i)es being the popular phrase in general until Reddit explicitly picked it up at which point people had a hissyfit and Mark enforced the use of "normalfags". Probably you'll still find "norm(i)es" in use on aforementioned Wizardchan and /r9k/ which is where the term originated in the first place.

It was carried over for the wrong reason, and you full well know most people on /r9k/ were just redditfags trying way too hard to not be normal for the sake of "teh lulz".

Yeah no, and thinking that shows how new you are.

Also I'm waiting for BOW and other 2D or cell-shaded games.

Maybe it is able to go photorealistic but I don't think it will be good because ps4&XBone level of hardware is too weak for "Photorealism master races".

The first one is a non sequitur and the second one isn't even true

Confirmed for having never even visited the place, the people in there are sad-sacks, highest-order neckbeards and overall the concept of basement-dwelling given flesh. Are you seriously trying to pin Reddit on the actions of another board?

This guy's right, apparently the original term actually is norm(i)es, which then evolved into normalfag and was subsequently picked up again as norm(i)es.
Goes to show i'm still a huge newfaggot.

Who knows, they're the ones who sent death and rape threats to Brianna Wu, a female game developer.

false
ftfy

Photorealism's an absolute waste of time for everyone anyways, graphics technology is already plateauing like a motherfucker because there aren't any significant advances left to make in that department and lord knows modern games are bloated enough in a variety of ways. Imagine the multi-TB filesize of an uncompressed photorealistic game ten years from now.

Really even between-PS4/Xbone hardware is more than enough to do whatever the hell you want with a system, but more power more power more power is the Western chant even if they don't utilize much of it beyond brute-forcing decent performance on sloppy code and uncompressed files.

Braver men than I to suggest sexual action against somebody that looks like >she does.

ebin

uhm… like wow…

how about you, uhm, tone down the transphobia???

okay??? i literally can't even right now.

The way data is going I'm sure there will be multi TB disks and SDs by then

jesus christ

norm-e rolls off the tongue better, and it pisses people off more

Ugh, if you have any icky transphobic remarks to make please keep them to your gross self.

Case in point- (((mark)))

It's like someone shopped facial hair and tatts on a 7 year old.

You can play it on a plane
You can play it on a train
You can play it here or there
You can play it in a sex chair!

You should be more bodi-posi towards others.

Webm related

More than likely, I remember seeing 10TB hard-drives already available in the hellishly-expensive sections of PCPartPicker. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be horrendously unfair to the general consumer (believe me Joe Sixpack grumbles about a 50GB filesize for a shooter if he has a data plan and keeps any track of it, not to mention the wait times) and burn through TBs at an equivalent rate to modern burning through GBs though.

and a fat head

Holy shit an alien! Truly is there life on other planets.

Can I hack it and get linux/windows on it?

I really liked it, but then again I got it right after no man's sky was released

why do these sorts of people usually have glasses

Fashion statement. Many of them are just non-prescription clear lenses, or even glasses without lenses at all.

Did you know that there are people who spend hundreds of dollars on designer frames without lenses

framesdirect.com/landing/a/glasses-without-lenses.html?affiliate=73

These people should be gassed.

WITH NO SURVIVORS

They've recently lifted some restrictions on wireless devices. It's only cell phones and wi-fi that they prohibit now. In short, just put your Switch into airplane mode and no one will give a shit.

Because they're retarded and think glasses = intelligent.

This is pretty much the upper limit of hard drive technology, they wont go far beyond that, as the super-paramagnetic effect kicks in.
There is also the expectation that ever increasing capacities stay roughly at the same cost. This is true for hard drives and optical discs, because their manufacturing cost is pretty much independent from their capacity.
That doesn't apply to flash memory. Double capacity needs the double amount of flash cells as storing multiple bits into one cell has already reached the limit, as has the 14nm process.
Getting to huge PB capacities is already possible, but the cost increases the same way.

If you took the controller apart, instead of snapping it onto the tablet, you could snap it onto your dick. How comfy would it be?

LOL mustards everyone

My phone has more processing power than the XBONE and PS4 combined, so yes, I expect "dedicated gaming devices" to have trouble with something simple like "playing a game".

I don't think you understand how it works

That's bullshit, unless your phone is either 4 times the clock speed or running an x86 processor. You need to understand that you can't compare different processor architectures on clock alone.

Alright, let me put it in terms a retard like you can understand. The Xbox 360 could do a rock solid 30fps on Skyrim and that hardware was released in 2005. If you think any kind of dedicated gaming hardware in 2016/2017 won't be able to handle that at a perfect 60, then you're a fucking retard.

because they make more money off of you paying for their airplane Internet than you using cellular 4G LTE.

Checkmate, faggots.

Didn't stop Warner Brothers or 2K games from making Bamham and Bioshit run significantly worse on more powerful hardware, so do you honestly thing Bethesda will do better?

You know those rules are changing, most in country American flights have on flight wireless internet.

It was mainly a thing cause it hadn't been studied and flight attendants wanted everyone to have their stuff stored for take off.

You need to leave, it's so obvious you either don't belong here or you're new.

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Good luck finding good programmers in our current industry. Games are looking and performing worse than a generation ago despite the 7th gen consoles being hilariously underpowered.
But go ahead, hold your breath for Skyrim on the Switch totally running well on a reskinned nvidia shield with shitty hardware.

The new unreal engine they switched to had incompatibilities with the way they did alot of effects. Nobody in the company was good enough at Unreal to make the fixes and that's that. Batman Remastered is objectively inferior.

It won't be any different
Aside from the Nintendrone day 1 purchasers
Its all downhill from there

Skyrim was always casual like a mobile game, its just a formality at this point

Go away

Wow, somebody's buttmad at being wrong

More like nobody at WB knows how to code because they already fired all of their real programmers and replaced them with pajheets.

Hilariously false.

That girl looks scared because Miyamoto will torture her if Tim Cook is disappointed.

That's all I see normalfags talking about. Skyrim is like 5 years old.

The only way I can see a Skyrim re-release becoming remotely interesting is if they make it multiplayer on Switch.
Given the ineptitude of the developers & the shitty engine they use, that's not gonna happen.

I can't believe they didn't bring back analog triggers for the Switch.
They regressed with the Wii U eliminating analog triggers, but Switch is a fresh start with new hardware, can't really do backwards compatibility so it's a clean slate, yet these faggots don't bring back analog triggers. Would be great to have Sunshine 2 or a portable HD release of Sunshine for Swtich, but no fucking analog triggers.

The normalfags that I've shown the switch too have all agreed it looks like the coolest shit ever, that's why.

Source on the lack of analog triggers?

Wow, getting angry that the switch wouldn't be able to properly play a game it wouldn't be able to play in the first place.

Looking forward to making fun of all the drones that buy a recycled tegra tablet with nogames.

It's going to flop hard. normalfags don't won't next N console/handheld. They have their smartphones. If N wants to win back normalfags, they need to go and release their own smartphone with their own store.

Hardcore gamers will also ignore it. Nobody will buy it for new Zelda or Mario.

I wonder when Nintendo will issue a copyright claim on this video

The main draw for me is playing AAA third party titles on a Nintendo system. I probably won't use the mobile aspect of the switch except for First Party Nintendo titles which are translated way more smoothly to mobile.

It'll just be nice to own a mid-grade PC for MMO's and (((indie games))) and *free* games
and owning a Nintendo Switch for Nintendo/Family games and third party titles that my PC wouldn't run very well.

When the fuck will Nintendo learn that their massive success with the Wii's gimmick was a fluke and that their primary consumer base just want normal consoles?

Everything before the Wii was basically a normal console, outside of their controllers, so it's not as though they lack the ability.

In other words, I don't have to own a fucking Sony or kikerosoft system.

If you leave it home you have a normal console

this will literally bankrupt nintendo, only gay nerds play games outside the house. this is literally japan's biggest mistake since attacking pearl harbor

Holy fuck, you are a stupid nigger. Can you fuck off back to Reddit now?

KILL ALL NIGGERS, WIGGERS, AND JEWS

>YOU CAN PLAY SKYRIM ON IT

How autistic

He's so handsome.

One Mario game per series per console, on average. That's not anywhere near levels of COD rehashing.

Image and Form (Steamworld Dig/Heist guys) have said they're working on a project they can't name but people will love it. 2D Metroid confirmed.

Todd "Pretty Little Lies" Howard.

Why are shitposters so fucking stupid?

I choose option C, to not have sex at all for 5 years.

It's great for anyone that actually leaves the house. This is what the Wii U should have been. It's not a gimmick for the sake of having a gimmick, it's actually convenient being able to play your console outside of the house.

You're the same metafag attempting revisionist history from yesterday, aren't you? It's normalfag. Always has been, always will be.

If I had to pick one, like say with a gun to my head, I would pick Wig Todd erry time. It's a no-brainer.

I have a feeling Wii U was Nintendo's way of minimizing R&D for their eventually master plan. The Switch is probably a more functional and profitable way of minimizing R&D costs.

What's the next step of their… master plan?
The Switch isn't on my flight plan.

normalfags was made up by Redditors and Tumblrinas when they decided that faggot can't be used anymore.

The WiiU really seems like a prototype. Nintendo ironed out all the costs and kinks of the WiiU with the Switch. And more importantly they used the WiiU to try out HD development. They admitted themselves they underestimated the difficulty of HD development.
The WiiU was an elaborate plan by Iwata to get an extra 4 years of RnD for the Switch.

Crashing the divide between home and handheld gaming, with no survivors.

Funny how Morrowind is multiplayer but Bethsoft can't even pull it off in Skyrim because of all the shitty engine bugs.

Morrowind isn't multiplayer, the only multiplayer Morrowind is mods and they're buggy as fuck. Unless OpenMW implemented a good working MP.

Apparently Beth hasn't confirmed it so if you thought the Graphics looked too good to be true… there might be any graphics at all.

True.

Holla Forums before the Switch

Holla Forums after the Switch

nintendrone before Switch

nintendrone after Switch

It's not about graphics, it's about supporting 99% of the software market. If your game has no multiplats and only a few exclusives every year, then your game has literally NO FUCKING GAMES.

The reason people keep saying Nintendo should beef up their consoles is so that they can play good games on Nintendo consoles, and not just another kid fucking game.

Also, have you never seen the threads rightfully shitting on the 8thgen consoles and their lacking performance compared to PC?

Holla Forums before baneposting
Holla Forums after baneposting

Actually Skyrim isn't on it.

Nintendo is not a major worldwide technological powerhouse that practically owns every bit of hardware and/or software you'll ever buy or use in the real world.

People always forget that Nintendo is a toy company who started out making playing cards for the Yakuza and now just happens to have a consumer electronics division.

Nintendo cannot compete with Sony & Microsoft in terms of hardware power, and it never will be able to, but it's strong suit is still handhelds. So they've made what is essentially and high end handheld console with some elements of a home console to appease that smaller market that buys their home consoles relative to their handhelds which have remained the top selling video game consoles in general since the time of the Gameboy Advance. Also, even if Nintendo could compete with Sony & Microsoft on their level, considering that the most Sony & Microsoft can come up with at this point is slightly tweaked version of their existing home consoles and have to force developers to make exclusives that won't be ported to PC, I'd say home consoles as home consoles have reached their limits. Either they'll have to incorporate elements of handhelds to appeal to the larger handheld and mobile gaming market or just become PC's to stay relevant anyway cause there's really no longer much of a hard line between home consoles and PC's and PC's can do what consoles can do and more for an even more reasonable price, so it's kind of a smart move on Nintendo's part to just kinda pull out but not really pull out of the home console market and focusing on its strong suits and carving out it's own market while Sony & Microsoft trade blows.

Nani???
Not even on sale yet.

It's a Nintendo branded tablet. Core Nintendo will buy it. It wil sell in Japan. That's it.

Stop worrying.

What switched?

So how much battery life will it have?

This is effectively the next Nintendo handheld and the successor to the 3DS/DS lineup. Chances are it will sell pretty well everywhere if the price is just right. You're looking at the some 10 million Wii U buyers who will get it and the some 40 million 3DS owners who will probably get it. And considering that the PS4 Pro is going to be selling at 400 dollars, if Nintendo can offer this thing at 250 to 300, things will look pretty good for them.

But graphics ARE everything. The more powerful the hardware, the lazier the game design and you result in shittier games. Handhelds have been the only thing worth giving a shit about due to hardware restricting the amount of 1080p bloom devs could slap on a turd and market as a "game". The handheld audience does not need wooed by graphics marketing, as evidenced as putting up with chibi bullshit as the standard for last gen. Meanwhile the hardware power raises the cost for both consumers and developers, thinning out the bulk of 'AA' titles for the systems and leaving only AAA. If the Switch were any more powerful than it is it would probably bomb and ruin what's left of handheld games.

They better watch the fuck out because too many console releases is what fucked sega

I disagree. The handheld market has been declining. People have phones now.

Unless it is priced at 200 it won't even get the same numbers as the 3ds.

What are gonna do with $300++ paperweight?

Anyone who games exclusively on consoles has absolutely no right to complain about graphics.

This. It needs to be cheap, or have games to prove it is a good price. They fuck up and overcharge and people wil just ignore it as an over priced tablet.

Not only that, but Triple AAA games are actually harder to make a profit on.

People always talk about third party support, but really third party support is best when you're selling lots of cheaply produced games. This is why Sega Genesis was a huge success in America because Sega sold itself cheap to third party developers who made games that didn't exactly use the Genesis/Mega Drive hardware to its fullest capacity but were cheap as fuck and could be shoveled onto store shelves.

Big, Modern Triple AAA titles require more money for development, distribution and marketing and in many cases, even as they hit record sales, barely break even in terms of actual money made. This is why handhelds (and mobile phones as well) are ideal for third party developers these days. You can make tons of shovelware that will definitely rake in quick profits for a cheaper investment cost and the cost of investment in a a truly great game on the handheld consoles is also much less expensive, especially for new or smaller development studios.

Well, the difference is that Sega lost the support of consumers and developers by trying to keep the Sega Genesis alive through add-ons like the Sega CD and the 32x. The 32x was really what killed the Saturn

While handhelds have also taken a hit from the mobile phone boom, you can't really compare home consoles and handhelds here. The 3DS still sold about 60 million units worldwide and was a major hit in many regional markets.

Handhelds have proven more resilient against the competition brought by mobile phones and hold their own against mobile phones better than home consoles are holding themselves against mobile phones on the one side and PC's on the other.

That and dual processors in 1995…. and a developer who wouldn't let people make games using the only decent 3D engine anyone had figured out to make.

No, it was the rapid release of consoles followed by the single most legendarily stupid thing an executive in the industry has ever done.
"The Dreamcast is not our future."
That one sentence destroyed SEGA as a hardware developer.

They said nothing about it not being on the Switch, they just said "it's not confirmed".

rumored to be 3 hours

They initially said it wasn't going to be, the "not confirmed" was damage control

Source?

You do not understand the mindset of a soulless corporation, they are only saying it isn't confirmed to maximize profits from the rehash rerelease coming this month They don't want people to think another version that can be taken anywhere might be coming, because they want their shekels now not later.

SEE THOSE TOWERS?

you can do 9/11 with skyrim

See those buildings? You can go in them.

BECAUSE IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

Enjoy your fisher price toy.

For the normalfags:

These are people who think consoles are for weird nerds but will play the fucking rotten dregs that are tablet games.

9/11 xd

But Switch does have current gen graphics.
by the time it's released, it'll be last gen

Sometimes autism has it's downsides.

That’d be because the twist–LOL EVERYONE IS A ROBOT LOL–was shit.

It's a device, sure, but if you think its going to be completely dedicated then you got another thing coming.

That part i was fine with. The TWIST at the end after that just frustrated me. I hate "its magic" cliffhanger shit. It was clear the last third of the game was not completed and they rushed it out. The first 2/3 of the game were fun as fuck esp when you get robots, I think the FLIGHT aspect actually hurt a lot of the end game.

Also no new game, without deleting your save file? Thats some bullshit.

Yeah, because Nintendo are really known for their devices not being gaming focused.

Whats wrong with the shield, or the switch for that matter

am I the only one that wants to play some vidya on the train before work?

The Switch sounds like the Shield done right; ie, with at least some games support. It's basically an upscaled portable console, I dunno what's so absurd about it in context.

Exactly my thoughts, last I remembered it wasn't too long ago anons were lamenting that the shield never took off because it sorta WAS a decent portable console, at least for emulation, and now everyone's jumping on the le contrarian bandwagon to shit on it and the switch for being the exact thing they were whining about not existing not more than a few months ago?

This is what interests me the most, as I've always found portable consoles uncomfortable, even with silicone grips.

>yfw there will never be a handheld with a lineup as great as the original DS

First thought was this design totally lends itself to modularity if Nintendo isn't stupid. And heck, Nintendo's left modular ports on nearly all their consoles even if they never ended up using them.

Have fun with your cable boxes I guess.

It's almost like they're not interested in discussing anything and just want to circlejerk or something.

Mainly for first party titles now, is what I'm saying.

Fracture your skull and bleed out, insect.

WE WUZZ MODZZZ NN'N' SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Not with a three hour battery life it isn't.

original design donut steele

so hyped right now, never had a chance to play skyrim without mods and with 17 FPS before

Did you not own a PS3 or Xbox 360?

i do have a 360 but purchasing it was a mistake

Just as keikaku.

Is anyone even playing that anymore?

but can it play crysis?

It's probably going to take three Saturn-sized failures in a row to push Nintendo into something besides manufacturing games consoles and handhelds. Closest they've come was Gamecube.

obviously todd. He's such husbando material

vs
Why would anyone choose the first option? Actually, in what scenario would I be forced to choose any option?

and you dont know what youre talking about. only during landing and takeoff.

Well unless you're packing a S7.

I hate how mobile shit is taking over so I'm actually hoping this Nintendo tablet sinks like a stone.

Nice cult you have there

*Waifu.

Put him in some blonde twintail drills and let's see where this goes

nobody invests in an expensive piece of hardware for "at least some" games. thats whats wrong with it. because of its concept it wont be powerful enough to play multiplats as well as the other consoles - if the technical worries wont stop some publishers altogether from porting. because of its design its also faster out of power than handhelds or mobile phones.
also with the way nintendo handled the wii u and past localizations, they arent really trustworthy and i think people are aware of that.

i really cant see the advantages of this concept.

At best its Nintendo making a new console after seemingly learning from their Wii U mistakes, at worst Nintendo's new handheld comes with a dock to let you connect it to your TV. Either way not spreading themselves out on 2 consoles is already going to be a major improvement for them. Not sure why Holla Forums is getting so autistic and rage filled over it.

Wish they weren't holding off on revealing more information so we could have actual conversations instead of neofag vs Nintendo shills shit flinging.

Keeping in mind that this is modern Nintendo we're talking about, the Switch is a huge relief. Its only gimmick so far seems to be its portability, which ought to keep the games themselves mostly gimmick-free.

This also means the 3DS' reign of terror is coming to an end, and that's an extremely good thing. No longer will lazy companies have the option to cast their less popular IPs aside on shitty 1p-resolution hardware.
e.g. Atlus and MegaTen
And while I do wish Atlus would just drop Nintendo entirely and come back to the PC, that's nothing more than wishful thinking and we know it.

WITH NO MODS
AT SUB-30FPS

NINTENDOMINATION

Great job nintendo.
Is it a console or a handheld?
>Designed like motherfucking 3DS v3.0. You Can Not Redo.

I HOPE THEY DON'T SHIT ON 3DS because this sinks like a stone.
Give just as much care and love to the 3DS division as you sank into this hardware titantic, while you stare at the mediocre pre-orders and sales of this "Tablet DS" creation you released on the world that no one really wants.

Give me an actual console you bastards

Other than every game being even more touch screeny?

Huh, really? The First Look video never showed such a thing.

They don't want you to get freaky just yet. Both the Wii U and the DS had it there is no reason to think a tablet won't. Get ready for that candy crush.

But the TV display and the console's own screen clearly don't work simultaneously the way Wii U did. Hence the name Switch. So even if its screen is touch-capable, its use will be too limited to influence game design.

If you're playing on a TV you have to have the tablet in the dock and can't use the touchscreen (assuming it even is a touchscreen, which I guess it doesn't have to be).

Surely you can't be serious.

Holla Forums before the Switch

Holla Forums after the Switch

this was terrible, I feel really bad I watched it

the base game had multiplayer; you had to find these two guys

Can't you do that on a laptop since 2011?

By that metric, shouldn't every home console and portable have failed already?
C'mon. step your shitposting up user.

i will not play skyrim and ham, i would not play it sam i am

it is

I will not play it in my house. I will not play while I am out. I will not play it on a plane. I will not play that shit again.

I just want to see what kind of peripherals and knock-off controllers will be released.

Just when I thought nintendo couldn't top themselves with Amiibo jewing they prove me wrong.

Now they can charge an extra $20 for a peripheral that has 'Bonus Content" AND Amiibos as well. Nintendo fans will defend being charged an extra $40+ dollars to play a full game.

in the past havent such things come with the game for free?

$80 Win10 tablet + $30 bluetooth gamepad = PC gaming on the go.

Video related: it's motherfucking Crysis on a portable device.

Yeah, now instead of

we get to

Yay, progress?

So you think packaging a unique peripheral with every single game won't increase the price at all? It will increase the price of the game by $10-$20 defending on how complicated that shit is.

i dont recall dk64 costing any extra

ps4 reveal did better but nowhere near this reception

assuming Skyrim deserves to be played in the first place:
Switch is getting fucked silly faster than any console Nintendo has every released before and you better believe it, mods are not out of the question
since you're referring to battery-life, you're probably trying to compare piece of shit Laptop batterypacks and environments (some of the worst boards and power wastes in computing at this point) to something especially intended to be used while unplugged. '3 hours' isn't confirmed or likely, they managed 9 hours if you weren't abusing the shit out of the 3D on the 3DS and tech/pricepoint has only improved since then
seems like a reasonable resolution, certainly not too tiny. still, if that's your perogative, sure
yeah fuck that noise, there's serious problems with designing around manlet asian baby-hands and this is one of them

I'm glad VR won't stop traditional gaming on consoles.

feels bad

just noticed that there will be more likes alone soon than the total views for the GameSpot video

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_64#Development

Why would it? In VR's current state, there's nothing but glorified tech demos on it right now and upcoming. The few real games that support it are shit like Fallout 4, and even then, it's a half assed experience with the player teleporting everywhere instead of having control over movement because players might get motion sick with real movement. At the rate improvement of game technology has come to a grinding halt this gen, I'm guessing it'll be 15-20 years before VR can actually be used for something other than porn games.

Incorrect comparison, the official Xbox one vid hit 7 million views, the official PS4 reveal hit 32 million views.

It's probably going to sell poorly but the retards here are latching onto everything and complaining about things they have no info on, Also any and all info not released for the Switch is from Dev kits so the final model may vary, so battery life may be longer, fuck the hardware they are basing it off came with a 6 hour battery life.

You just defeated your own argument.

Well, it's nothing but tech demos at the moment yes, but there's nothing stopping people from making actual games. In maybe 1 or 2 years we'll see some actual games made for it, and not just the starter ones trying to test the waters.

It's not going to get any better in 20 years, I mean yes it's going to be more efficient but it will be the same experience. All it needs is games. So, once there are some games that prove VR is worth something, will people still prefer traditional gaming? This is what I wonder. Because I still like 2D games and fast paced games, VR wouldn't be too good for that and it would suck if people would stop making non-VR games because they don't make money.

They were forced to include it. Do you think people will develop and manufacture peripherals for free if their isn't some obligation for them to do so?

This is going to result in even less 3rd party devs signing on with Nintendo or them just refusing to use the stupid gimmick, which makes the entire Switch completely pointless.

hes saying its a "rare" exception
ya get it?

how many games do you think are going to take advantage of this? they always had the option to make things like donkey kong bongos, rob, super scope. but it was rarely utilized in the past.

Found it, it has half the views and a 50-50 like/dislike ratio. Compare that with the Switch and consider that's over 3 years.
comparable, my bad, good ratio too
strange that neither of these came up first on cursory googles

Are you even fucking trying, firstly that image is not real okay, there is 0 requirement for devs to add in anything outside of the game for the switch, the only thing that will keep devs away from it will be the lack of comparable power to other systems, not extra peripherals that don't even exist and at the absolute most if they do exist will be completely optional.

No it wasn't the point is that he's a fucking retard.

Probably because they are old as fuck.

1) That's a fan-concept (though if Nintendo was smart they'd do it)
2) It'd basically be like getting a specialty controller with your game

Does the switch even have touch? That was one of the main drawing points of the DS line and some series of games can't be played without it.

Nigga you are avoiding my point. Portable gaming on a laptop had been around for ages. Then how come gaming consoles exist? Why are handhelds still a thing?
It's almost like having a gaming dedicated platform with a company to provide first party games and help guarantee third party support is more important.

The switch might fail, but it won't be because "laptops are portable too"

lol