Speccy thread

Speccy thread.

r8 and h8.

Bumping thread because my new monitor wasnt set correctly and that spammer moved the thread down.

that shit just for gaming?

not that RAM speed matters these days anyways…

no thanks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not quite the best for running games, the only thing going for it is that it has Windows 7 and not Windows XP.

P O O R

Never post in these threads, due to this being a temp, I can run some Wii games perfectly, but others, like Sonic Colors stutter like a bitch..

I'm supposed to play PC games, but I never use steam, ever.

Is it true that its a pain in the ass to downgrade from wangblows 10 back to 8 or 7 ? I heard the rumor back when 10 was just released.

My rig is godly.

Is this good? It's my first PC, plan on giving this to my sister to build an entirely new one in the coming holidays.

Ignore the Western Digital HDD, I only have it connected to restore some files off an old box. And the Intel SSD is only for Linux.

Nice

Why? Especially if it is a caviar black or something those things last forever. Nice to have your movies and music on the mechanical drive.

Probably not with a full format.

That's what I'll do if I ever decide to go back, probably on the one I wanna build.

Caviar is good, seagate is baaaaaaaad.

If you decide to go back within 30 days (10 days since the anniversary update) if 'upgrading' you can roll back with varying degrees of success.

Sup guys, its your boy Casul, coming at you with a Holla Forums question.

I want to upgrade my "gaming" SSD because it's 120GB and i can't install anything here without having to manage my space like a tetris screen.
Now the thing is i am on a really short budget and i don't want to wait until i can afford the fancy stuff. I've been eyeing a 480GB Adata SP550, which goes for $105 around here.

If i am mostly going to play games off of an SSD it really doesn't matter which one i get right?

My understanding is that while write speed greatly varies with the quality of memory controllers and NAND type and whatnot, the read speed is almost maxed out in every case, so that means that while installing games may be slower than most SSDs, loading and streaming stuff from the SSD shouldn't be any different from my current experience, right?

Forgot my speccy

With newer processors being pozzed to the back teeth, and AAA trash being more and more bloated with less and less optimization, I have no incentive to build a better system. With Steam being complete shit, I have no reason to buy PC games, and I CBA to pirate.

Probably going to buy a used POS4 tomorrow, because fuck it.

I hate HDDs. They're loud, extremely slow, and more expensive than they appear due to RAID being mandatory and replacement frequent. As soon as SSDs became affordable enough to use for a desktop I stopped buying HDDs.
As for movies and music, I stream. For the rare music that isn't stored anywhere else I store it on EC2 and stream. For backups I use tarsnap.

Can't seem to overclock this. Anything above 3Ghz fails.

Are you smoking crack?

I love my SSD and all, but HDDs are still optimal for lots of storage and their speed is fine for most tasks. My newest 4GB drive has a write speed of 160MB/sec which is more than enough to dump lossless RGB 1080p 60fps video game footage.

you must be retarded to think HDDs are that bad.

What fucking chink tier HDDs are you using

Disgusting. Enjoy your shitty lossy encoded media.

better than normal/10

Mid tier I suppose, runs what it needs to.

Jesus Christ user, get a few fans in there- or better yet, fucking clean your case

i wonder how many of you complain about other goyim pissing money away on things they enjoy

What the fuck are you talking about it's clearly a laptop. That 511C is hilarious though even if it's just probably a busted sensor.

Do you live on the fucking sun?

You can get cooling pads for laptops, and sometimes the vents can use a can of compressed air. My advice still applies.

There's something wrong with your sensors, because at those temps the solder starts melting.

i cant run speecy

can anyone help?

GET OUT

smh tbh fam

At least I tried.

how do i run speccy

Am I the only old fart who thought this was a ZX Spectrum thread?

cpu peaked at 75, but I couldn't cap it. Do I need to buy some sort of cooling system?

Are you shitposting in the park or something?

Just got done building my new machine a couple days ago. Feels good man.

cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka cyka

России номер один глупый поточно

Are you posting from South Pole base station?

Professional hentai hoarder

The old adage applies: pics or it didn't happen.

Requesting that one edited pic

Intel Atom
1024x600
1GB RAM

Lame. With that much hard drive space I expected A LOT more.

What fucking planet are you on where a RAID is mandatory? Maybe thinking HDDs can only be used in a RAID is why you're replacing them constantly.

Please rate

Good/10, was looking at an FX-8320 myself since it's cheaper than an i5-3570K with better performance going by cpubenchmark.net.

Stupid fucking retentive flags

It's okay.

Hey I have one too.

The joke is that I have a Zip drive, a 5.25" floppy drive, and a 3.5" floppy drive in a quad core 64 bit desktop with 8GB of RAM.

This is right next to my VCR and laserdisc player, which is in turn next to my tape deck with a turntable and 8 track deck.

Forgot to upload mine, I'm using the second drive as a back up in case my first one failed. Don't I need to make system repair disc to boot my computer if the first one does fail? I didn't copy and paste everything I wanted to back up I used a program that came with windows to back it up.

Built it recently.

Just shove Windows onto your E drive if you haven't already and swap the hard-drives in your comp so E is C. If I remember right you can set order of attempted boot from disk in your motherboard's BIOS as well so you can just interrupt the normal power-on and set it to boot E first.

I need to free up some space

Can I really just copy and paste from one drive to another? Also wouldn't the computer look for an alternative drive if the main drive fails?

I'm thinking of moving to an SSD soon

I mean install Windows on the E drive so you can seamlessly switch between the two, I doubt copy-pasting Windows would work at all given it needs a partition of your hard-drive.

Also not quite that simple, I had a Seagate HDD take a shit on me some time ago and it'd boot up until the Windows screen at which point it'd endlessly restart and choke trying to load AMD graphics drivers. Motherboards seem to consider the hard-drive making any attempt to boot when called whatsoever to be a successful boot and it'll get stuck in an infinite loop if you've got a problem like mine.

what I got

I win

Do you like losing all your data? When a HDD fails it's almost always gone for good. See all those drives in my pics? That's probably only around 16 years of dead drives. What if I hadn't been using RAID?

I've got all the most trusted for reliability drives in my graveyard pic there. Deskstars from back when they were the invincible HD everyone wanted, Hitachi during the transition when they were the server drive in demand, the WD caviar black you guys seem to like (they aren't very good), and some garbage seagates. But surely I missed The One True Drive that invalidates my statement, right?

I've only had one HDD that failed completely, every time I have problems with Hard drives I've always been able to retrieve the data.

Bully pls

It just werks.
Though I'm unable to kill the adware that somehow only affects my browser on certain sides. It's heavily annoying, but I have found a way to make do

I need a new processor, AMD is trash for Arma

This is the reason I had to sell my soul to the Intel jew.
If only zen could've been 2 years early…

I have an overclock profile that can get me up to ~35-40 fps when not in a city, but it's still stuck at anime-tier framerates during high intensity shit

You don't miss out, if you don't play Arma.

8320/3804GB on 1080p is the reasonable place right now, good choice

I had the console certified 24 FPS CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE at best with my old 945.
Now I'm above 40 fps at all times except when pretty much half a city gets carpetbombed and it dips to 20-30.

It's like playing a new game.

Why do you say that?
I bought two 1tb seagate drives a month ago, and they seem fine.
Did I fuck up massively?

Seagates are legendary for their poor reliability.

I've had 2 HDDs fail in my entire life, both were WD. I now have a Seagate 2tb and it's still pristine after 3 years

My 2TB seagate lasted exactly 4 years before dying with no SMART warnings whatsoever.

Have fun user!

What's the average lifespan for a mechanical drive? My Maxtor is still going after 9 years and isn't showing any signs of being unhealthy. And my computer has pretty much been on those entire 9 years.

Thought the same, and I never had one.

I have overclocked my CPU shit so hard (wolfdale), but can't do shit on my R270 4G (ASUSshitbag). Also I have old HD47xx, shit.
Any shitty help?

I heard some go up to 210MB/sec

Which is fucking insane for a HDD, I need to build a PC soon. This sounds amazing.

isnt 8gb ram enough ?

Battlestation.

Overclocked as fuck. Running low temp and no BSOD:s shit is more stable that factory setup. Costs 40€.

Those disks… what are you doing man? just RAID them RAID them all. If you have any data worth saving, just re-arrange them to a RAID. Fuck that looks horrible to me. Terrible.

daddy

I agree with you entirely. It's an awful solution. I have a pretty big need for storage because I use a lot of stock assets for my various projects. Problem is, I haven't gotten around to building a proper NAS to handle this shit. I only have the 4tb as emergency backup in case a drive dies.

I've had only one HDD fail on me in my entire lifetime and it was because it was a fucking Seagate, and even then it took several years for it to fail whatsoever. Still works fine in a sleeve as an external HDD so I've lost nothing, and nowadays it still serves faithfully as a backup terabyte.

I'm pretty sure RAID as a general practice increases the risk one of the drives will fail with the fallback that you lose nothing if one does fail. It's been some time since I read anything about it, but again, maybe your problem is you're using RAID thinking it's a necessity and that's why you're constantly eating through hard-drives.

HAHAHAHAHA THAT'S CERTAINLY REASSURING NOT REGRETTING THIS AT ALL NOPE

FUCK

Could probably use a new monitor. Any suggestions?

I've been wanting to upgrade this things graphics card with the new GTX 1000 series.
How big of an improvement is the 1060 to the 960? This is the first time I've upgraded parts.

Toaster bros

YOU FOOL

How'd I do for my first build?

You know you're on Holla Forums right?

Most of the time I can't tell if this isn't Reddit.

Postan my new shit laptop.
What games can I run on this baby?

The more people refuse to shut up about Reddit and how bad it is the more Reddit the place becomes

why

Directx isn't dead yet

Step it up nigga, I doubt that thing will run jack shit made after 2005.

Jesus christ man, your cpu is on fire

That's a low clockrate for the ram. Otherwise it's admirable.

It's a laptop, what do you expect?

I actually did buy this with my autismbux.

user i hope you have a fire extinguisher on hand

invest in a cooling pad. srs.

Hey user, gay sex?

My laptop is pretty similar and it runs dolphin, fightcade, and most pixelshit games just fine. What are you looking to play, user?

AMD RX 460
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
It's one thing to be a graphics whore and another to just want to play vidya without getting a headache. No, I don't like ordering shit online.

Wait for black friday, you will surely find something good

we don't have black friday here

sucks to be you user, if it helps Amazon Global has really cheap freight quotes and they send to most of the civilized world. I actually had things shipped to Mexico, the UK, and Australia, i consulted freight forwarding companies but their prices where almost double in each case.
Where do you live ?

Slovenia.

holy fucking shit nigger thats alot of hardrive space

NICE 3.5 CARDS FAGGOTS

It's alright.

I was thinking of buying an rx 480, is it worth it to get the 8 gig or should I not waste my money and go with the 4 gig.

Depends on what you buy it for.

Amazon Global is shit. My fiancee is still in Canada as the marriage visa process now takes a year due to all the valuable and highly skilled refugees clogging it up so I have to either ship to Canada at more than the item costs or use Global or their version of Amazon which have 1/100th of the selection, are overpriced, and can take a week to deliver.

If you're running 4k, running dual monitors or more yes. If you're playing at 1440p or lower that's up to you really. The 8GB version of the 480 only has 1-3 percent frame rate advantage over the 4GB version right now. Drivers and DX12 might widen that gap but it's a tossup.

However with PC games having relatively shit optimization for the past years having the extra 4GB can help brute force some games like if it ever ends up using UHD textures like Shadow of Mordor did. I'm betting it's bound to happen in the near future with both Sony and Microsoft trying to push 4K into the mainstream, developers are more than likely going to include the option for UHD textures just to make the game look prettier but run like a piece of shit.

In the end it really depends on if you want to spend the extra $20-$40 on an extra 4GB of VRAM to safeguard against the non-optimized Jew.

An online buddy mailed this (minus the RAM, harddrives, and monitors) to me for -$100-

Once I get some excess cash going, I am going to start upgrading.

Unreal 3 Engine games run real slow, as does Autism Craft when I use GLSL. Thinking the CPU is bottleneck it but it hardly goes past 50/60% on any core.

Keep in mind the 8 gig variants have somewhat higher quality Samsung VRAM, so performance is increased slightly.
Imo that alone isn't enough to justify the price increase, but refer to

I'm tumblr-tier triggered every time I think about how many people bought that shit.

Get a 480 8GB instead.

So I've ordered a GTX 750 Ti and am picking it up tomorrow.
What should I expect?