Surreal video games

Want to play some surreal and disturbing exploration game on pc. What would you recommend, Holla Forums? Something that would send chills down my spine.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardcoregaming101.net/darkeye/darkeye.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE
mediafire.com/file/6ke67rkglx6q90y/MayhemM_EE_v0.7.pk3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Undertale

LSD simulator isn't that great. You can explore all possibilities within few days playing it.

Yumme Nikki, LISA, Loco Roco (yes, that game).
Klonoa 2 (The soundtrack stimulates a certain part of my brain that gives me lucid dreams), Ecco the Dolphin.

I'll think of more later.

LcdDem, Yume 2kki, Answered Prayers, Ib, The witches House, .Flow, etc.

OFF is pretty good, if a little easy.

whatever happened to worlds.com?

MIND path to thalamus is okay

It's a disturbing experience how a game can be so shit and yet lied so much about

Pretty much every game from ACE Team.

Seconding OFF. It was clearly an inspiration for Undertale, except it has actual themes and symbolism, and doesn't just try to make the player feel bad.
Embed related, really conveys a "don't forget you're here forever" office feeling

:^)

Imagination Reality Paradise fits, but isn't really much of a 'game'.

The Void had a surreal world and more surreal gameplay.

Heads up if you actually play the bastard. The game actively lies to you about how the behind the scene game mechanics work that will make or break your dozen of hours long run.

Definitely has its moments of surreality.

Also, Zeno Clash is amazing. Both of them (for their price and ambition),
Abyss Odyssey sucks though. I really wanted to like it because it's ACE, but it's boring, tedious and incredibly lackluster rouge-like elements.

crypt worlds
pathologic

deepest fucking lore

hope this helps

Why isn't undertale in that list?

because the list says essential, not essentially shit.

oh no he's using the "undertale is bad" meme

I'll let you in on a secret
it objectively is from a gameplay, graphics and story standpoint.

Go back to your containment thread.

Reported for liking kiketale.

Probably the same reason Earthbound isn't. They're quirky, but not surreal or absurd.

Bingo.
I like both, but I wouldn't consider either to be surreal. Earthbound cuts it close, though.

The greatest RPG you've never heard of.

did the fan translation ever get finished?

The guy who made that game is a disgusting hardcore feminist. In fact, his next game will be a game about the daily life of a woman in a patriarchal society, and apparently, the early demos involved counting disembodied flying penises. Even his female betatesters called him on his bullshit, but he dismissed them.

Pretty much every game from Ice-Pick Lodge, of course. Even Cargo!. Worth noting is Knock-Knock (last two images) allegedly being an adaptation of a disjointed, possibly-somewhat-Finnegans-Wake-esque design document the studio received in the mail.

Why can't you shut up about undertale for a fucking second?

Condemned: Criminal Origins. Spooky, surreal, disturbing.

Seconding Zeno Clash, although instead of spooky it's got an extra helping of surreal.

I'll take a look at these games.

I can't understand male feminists especially hard-core ones. What exactly are they after if not pity fucks or a perverted kike-sense in discovering an alternative audience that he thinks no one else has catered to?

why would it be? it's not absurd at all, and pretty normalfag tier
geez undertale was a decent game, but overrated as fuck. why are you and other anons pushing it in this thread?

They've been brainwashed since they were little boys by third wave feminists in the public "education" system that white males are the root cause of all the ills in the world, and they've internalized that hatred.

I've been interested in the game The Dark Eye but sadly I haven't been able to get it to work. Maybe it's not the kind of surreal you're looking for but it certainly looks interesting.

hardcoregaming101.net/darkeye/darkeye.htm

This one is quite surreal.

youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE

Afraid of Monsters (a half life 1 mod) and its spiritual successor Cry of Fear are horror games with surreal parts but they're a little setpiece-y landscapes.

Also thirding/fourthing/whatever Zeno Clash 1&2.

This fucking game is on a whole new level of bizarre. Half the website is dead pages, but you can still download the game here: www.explodinglips.com/ftp/lipsdemo.zip the song in the WebM was found somewhere on the site too, but good luck navigating it.

Still going. There's some people walking around and talking right now.

Eastern Mind a best

Because it isn't surreal.

Off and Lisa are both good for surrealism. Off more so than Lisa, but Lisa is better if you're less into "nothing is real ever" and more into "sudden whiplash between realism and surrealism"

Since someone already mentioned worlds.com, I'll mention Active Worlds instead. It's similar in its function but has more room for…this kind of stuff.

Not sure. I think I would have remembered if it was completed.

On a semi-related note, the translation for the 3rd (JP-only) Chibi-Robo game was very recently finished and released.

Furcadia

There's a spiritual successor.

I know man, people who spell it right are like diamond dozen

(checked)
Forgot to mention that, here's the download: mediafire.com/file/6ke67rkglx6q90y/MayhemM_EE_v0.7.pk3
It keeps giving me a script error, so I guess you need an older version of ZDoom. It was apparently made in 2013.

Emulate Killer7 on Dolphin.

it runs fine on gzdoom