Nintendo Switch?

is this another wii-tier gimmick?

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/otp-access-via-iosu-kernel.445063/
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=switch'
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck
gonintendo.com/stories/262374-nintendo-granted-patent-for-supplemental-computing-device
archive.is/4KImS
twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789289178684981248
archive.is/NE34z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

god what a shitty company

wow, incredible how fast this place can devolve into halfchan with the announcement of a single game console

I kinda like the idea, actually.

I have zero hopes for it, though. I'll need to see at least 5 games worth playing before I even consider buying it.
It's too big to be a dedicated portable system, probably has a shit battery life on top of that, and might be less powerful or have fewer good releases than a cheap tablet or laptop and a gamepad.

Anyone remember OUYA? This is going to flop twice as hard!

ANDROID ON CONSOLES IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!

It's Nintendo, what do you expect?

Technically, Skyrim is an INFINITE game.

fuck off to Reddit then

exactly, which brings into question wtf it is exactly? Edgy for the sake of being autistically retarded? Nintendo is shit.

What?

It's going to be shit. This console will be shit.

There's a general thread? I was at work and don't know anything about it.

It's a gimmick for sure, but it's a smart one for once, and one that wont be rubbing it's dick in my gameplay.

OP, what the fuck am I even looking at here?

The manifestation of childrens' dreams of being able to bring their PS1 to school or with them on trips.

Is that a fucking joke?

unless it gets all the handheld devs when the vita finally kicks the bucket then im going to completely ignore it.
though i have a feeling they'd all fuck off to ps4 anyway.

Yes

I just noticed
Okay, fuck it all.

It gets better.

cool
check em

it's like he wants to get robbed

Will it be able to play any games from previous consoles or handhelds? If it uses cards, then that means Gamecube/Wii/Wii U games won't be playable. What about DS/3DS games? What does this mean for games with two screens or touch controls? Will it have virtual console, and if so, what systems will it support? If it cannot play games from past systems, is there still any reason for anybody to buy the previous Nintendo systems, the Wii U and 3DS?

It's so shit it makes you want to SWITCH the console off.

not sure if fedora or just retarded

check em

sorry I'm not a no-lifer like you that scrounges the catalog all day

(checked)
Maybe back at halfchan, check your tabs. This was the first thread about it and there's only one other. Nice dubs hitler, keep on being assblasted because you just a wii-u.

Consider that the plates in the controller are interchangeable, so you can just get one with the nintendo d-pad.

CHECKED

Reminding everyone that there's an Wii U IOSU exploit by trump.
gbatemp.net/threads/otp-access-via-iosu-kernel.445063/

Also, the cuck gbatemp mods banned the user.

the pro controller has one.

It'll be shit if you look for an actual console to play vidya.

But I wouldn't be suprised if it make the same kind of impact like the Wii regarding sales numbers.
That shit is trimmed to appeal to the braindead casual that gladly throws his money at something, simply becasue people talk about it, and not because it's good.
Fuck, in one of the other threads one user pointed out how the guys look in the trailer.
That's the target audience. Not people who enjoy actual vidya, but the braindead hipsters, or whatever you call them nowadays.

fuck off

I'm out

inb4 pretending

>>>/reddit/

I told you. I fucking told you the "NX" was going to cause a crash. Pucker up those assholes because we've just hit the top of the rollercoaster.

Who said it will run Android, though?

Did Skyrim really have that much of an impact?
Is it really considered to be a hallmark of gameculture that having it on your system is a synonym for being worth ato purchase?

No one, as far as I'm aware.

It is a hallmark of casuals without any taste becoming the main audience for vidya.

haha
haha
YEAH-EAH

AH HAAAH AH HAH YEEEEAAAAH

It's THE normalfag RPG user, it doesn't matter if its good when everyone and your grandmother played it.

Nvidia says custom OS, probably android based though since it's already built for ARM, but android based isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Holy switch I just realized something. It's possible to play an exclusive game without a goddamn touch screen gimmick because of its TV mode.

I don't understand the hate for this at all. It has a regular controller when at home, on the go it has as close to that as possible, the only gimmick is that you can play it while outside. This is actually really useful since if you like Nintendo games you don't have to buy two sets of hardware and games for each anymore, it's all unified.

What's the problem?

Mark! Rename Holla Forums to /Switch/ pease.

Dead in the water, calling it now.

they'll find a way user, they always do.

Here's people's issue with this console, and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

It's another android console.

Actually this is my problem.

Tablet hardware doesn't satisfy the audience for dedicated home consoles. Shitty tablet battery life, oversize form factor that doesn't fit in your pocket, and lack of d-pad doesn't satisfy the audience for portable systems. This is speculation, but the price will probably be higher than traditional Nintendo handhelds, too. If this thing is $299 it will be a fucking miracle.

wew

I mean it's a dpad, but it's not a Nintendo dpad. I'll say the only bad thing about the whole console is the controllers looking uncomfy.

Hopefully this shit isn't finalized and they change some things on the controllers before launch.

no dpad when mobile. unexcusable.

That's actually surprisingly cool. But after reading a little
Why?

How does that imply Android?

That's like saying before the PS4 launched because it used AMD CPUs it'd run windows.
user what are you on?

Why is it called Nintendo Switch?

Because

Bingo.

Their last portable was 400x240, so 1280x720 is a big step for them.

So i'm guessing that this thing will get piracy rather quickly huh?

Instead of focusing on making a single POWERFUL console, with great games that cater specifically to the system hardware, like all the legacy pre Wii Nintendo systems.
You now get 2 shitty consoles, where they're FORCED to make compromises in performance because of a shitty downgrading compatibility gimmick no one wants.

Just wait until they release the battery life, with the size of the screen there is no way it will last more then 3-4 hours.
At this point, it wouldn't even surprise me if Nintendo makes it so you have to purchase the handheld version of the game, separately.

I wonder if there will be third-party controllers in this vein, where the 'buttons' are a D-Pad instead.

Well the video showed an alternate "Xbox" type controller so I would assume if you were playing something multiplayer at home everyone would fight over not having to use the shitty "square" controller. It's like back in the N64 days when people would fight over who got the shitty Madcatz controller for 4 player Goldeneye deathmatches.

Ypu can switch it in a lot of ways, like you can switch the screen and the pads, or that's my guess.

I know, but that's what Vita already does, right? Why the fuck they don't aim to surpass the competence? 1080p portable would have been fucking nice, and 720p right now should look like ass.

user, you sick fuck. Got the rest of that pic?

It has a pro version of the controller but hopefully it's compatible with the WiiU Pro.

Well yes and no, if it's Android based then the OS is open source but that doesn't mean people will crack the systems rom encryption and shieet.

I hope it has a 5680mAh battery.

My FiiO X7 has a 3680mAh battery and it can barely last 6 fucking hours on android mode, so imagine the dismay and frustration of having the Switch constantly discharge on you. Nintendo may release an extra power pack or something for it, maybe a beefier separate battery.

If the battery life is less than 5 hours, I ain't buyin.

PS Vita is 960x544. It just isn't that noticeable with a small screen.

Compared to my M9 which is the full 1080p, oh yes it is.

Oh I thought it was because it switches Nintendo off.

FUCK!!

God damn it.

'urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=switch'

switch

A person who vaccilates between dominant and submissive roles within sexual relations.

'#1 Are you dom or sub?'
'#2 I like both. I'm switch.

Source? Even better cos everything is free then. :^)

I literally don't give a shit about hardware power for consoles. I've been using my original DS in conjunction with my PC nonstop for the past 11 years with no complaints.

It's just one console you fucking fool. That's the whole fucking point, merging their two hardware divisions into one. All the power is in the tablet, the dock is just there for charging it the tablet and giving you TV input. It's like you didn't bother to look into it before shitposting.

>>>/reddit/

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck

Another name for the great "Onision" leader of the cuckolds. In the cuck fashion, Onision is a liberal feminazi vegetarian only he has millions of followers from all around the world. All bow before the cuck king, Onision, lots of the cuckold empire.

Then why did the frame rate drop when it was disconnected?

I agree, I think the power halves when disconnected.

It's Wii-tier if you really hate the idea of playing with other people and going outside.

No because while the Wii had a more radical gimmick that sold a lot but didn't win over the "hardcore" (I hate this word but will use it for convenience) this isn't that radical a gimmick and looks like it's better for gaming but it won't sell nearly as much

For once I think the gimmick is actually cool and useful, top that off with third-party support and you might have a decent, yet meaty portable on your hands

which is exactly why I think it will fail, Nintendo has already lost the console wars ages ago, there's absolutely no catching up to Sony and M$ into the race to the bottom, there neat little gaming tablet/console hybrid will never be able to compete on the normalfag mindset because Portable gaming has been equated to weirdos for awhile now, regardless of its validity, people are going to be turned off by the portable aspect and other than that it really doesn't have a whole lot to offer other than being a cartridge based Wii U that doesn't have a completly retarded controler

but hey, at least they didn't call it the Wii U2 or something stupid like that, Im glad they realized naming a successor product after the previous one is confusing as fuck to uneducated consumers (ie: parents)

Link to the video where you can see this?

Where the fuck do you think you are?

It has the next Zelda. It's going to sell as much as the original Wii.

video displayed on screens in ads is generally edited in, no idea why the frame drops, wait for better details.

They would have been fine if they'd named it the Wii 2. The problem was just adding a letter to the name, makes it seem like an addon not a new system.

Holla Forums
You can easily identify which anons are r9k by how much they hate this gimmick

Better a stand out gimmick than a "what is it i dont get it" normalfags repellent like the Wii U.

What perplexes me is that they made literally the same fucking mistake with the "New" 3DS XL, and in that thing's case it's even worse, how the hell is "new" supposed to be a distinguishing marketing phrase, it sounds like the store is just selling newly minted 3DSes and not an internally radically different console

Well, they're obviously re branding themselves to be cooler and hip with the normalfags, hence no kids in the ad, and Skyrim Remastered and SPORTSBALL

Console Zelda usually sells at least 5 million but never more than 10

Other thread seems to have died so I'll repost this here.
Pretty fucking cool and along the lines of what I expected the NX to be. See pic related for my predictions after the Tegra leaks.

I'm glad they didn't use that patent for buttons integrated into the LCD. How big is it? I'd say it isn't terribly portable with that (relatively) large screen, but I guess kids these days are used to carrying tablets around. Still I would not be surprised if they do a miniature version at some point.
Only 720p is disappointing but understandable for mobile usage. I really, really hope this is true 720p (a few years ago most "720p" panels sold were actually 1366x768 panels that scale the 720p input. dunno if that's changed since then)
I also hope that devs don't treat 720p as the gold standard resolution the way they did on the Wii U (pretty much all first party Wii U games ran at 720p iirc)

The fact that Nintendo is moving completely away from the dual screens concept, both DS-style and Wii U-style, was expected but a little disappointing. Moreover, with TV-play as a priority, touch will be forced to take a back seat in game design. This is going to have consequences for games like Splatoon that relied on a second touch screen for map interaction.
Also, it is apparently a capacitive touch screen, and we have seen no indication of a stylus. This is also sad, because the creative capabilities of the 3DS and Wii U (Swapnote, Miiverse) added a lot of character to the experience, and you just can't get the same precision with your hands. That said, the display will be much better protected this way, a necessity for a non-clamshell portable device. And a capacitive stylus is not out of the question, though not having a stylus as a default option will result in less people drawing shit for Miiverse.

The detachable controllers are a neat idea but I'm not completely thrilled with the execution of each side becoming its own controller for simple local multiplayer, because that necessitated using face buttons in place of a traditional d-pad. That's going to suck for 2D games, and the d-pad is such an important symbol of Nintendo to do away with. OTOH for 3D games that already tend to use the d-pad as a second set of face buttons, it's not a big deal.

raises a good point. I figured that the controller halves would be dumb electronic devices that need to plug into something like the "Joy-Con Grip" for power and wireless connectivity. But with this setup, they will need redundant hardware in each half. 2x the micros, gyros, batteries, and wireless antennae. That said all of that, except maybe the batteries, are dirt cheap nowadays.
It would be neat if the controllers can share power with the system while in portable mode, but most likely they will be using very low capacity batteries for the controllers so this won't make sense.

To the people speculating about the power of the NX, there is some relevant speculation on this topic in pic related. The tl;dr is that modern mobile chipsets are far more constrained by heat and power than they are by the silicon itself; phone and tablet chipsets can come within an order of magnitude or two of console performance, they just can't do it for sustained periods of time without overheating and draining the battery. But hook such a chipset up to mains electricity and give it a nice big heatsink and fan, and the gap shrinks dramatically.
With the dock, the Switch could do exactly that. Mains electricity is a given, but look at the shape of the dock, how it covers up a large portion of the console, more than is necessary to simply provide power and physical stability. It is possible that the dock is acting as a giant heatsink and fan combo, allowing the console to radiate greater amounts of heat out of the back than it normally could. This could be used to allow the Switch to use a higher frequency clock, turn off power saving features like dynamic frequency scaling, and so on, that wouldn't be admissible for portable usage.

hipsters
no appealing games showed
shitty music

its like they are trying to get people not to buy their shit

The N3DS at least had some marketing behind it to help alleviate some of the confusion. They didn't start marketing the WiiU for like two years, and even then it was vague and confusing if you weren't aware.
It was still an awful move, when they could have just done something like call it the Super 3DS or something, but at least a little bit better.

NO, I'M NOT BUYING ANOTHER ONE OF THESE FUCKING THINGS. I GOT BURNED ON THE WII, AND THE WII U, WITH ONLY A HANDFUL OF GAMES WORTH GETTING FOR EACH. FUCK YOU NINTENDO, I'M NOT PARTAKING IN YOUR FUCKING GIMMICKY PIECE OF SHIT THIS TIME

Unlike the wii or 3D shit, it's actually practical. But the execution has been done before and the way nintendo did it was garbage. The console itself is just so unbearably ugly and they didn't even bother giving it a unique design like what nintendo is known for. Nor did the name sound as interesting as their past offerings. They don't have Sony's aesthetics and all the things they did have over Sony is gone now.

The Wii had loads of games, m8. The Wii U was really the only flop

It's a tablet with a dock that connects it to your TV. The problem is that it isn't specialized home console, so they are going to have to make sacrifices to fit it in a small form factor and include a screen that half of the people aren't even going to care about. If it was just a home console they could have either sold it for cheaper or added more powerful hardware.

its basically a nvidia shield but with a nintendo cover and gimmick

It's more like that is the only reason people care. Tablet gaming devices are hardly new, but most people ignore them since they are shit.

But it's okay when Nintendo does it.â„¢

This is what normalfags want and enjoy, I'm seeing this console being a success even though it won't have good games on the beginning.

WITH MODS

Well, what would you prefer to be played alongside the ad, then?s

The irony is that it uses an nvidia GPU too instead of the regular AMD.

Meh, I may get a Nintendo console after all these years if it can also function as a tablet without making me go through a million hoops or lock me into some gay nintendo-only app store.

That is kinda disturbing.

This.

They're going back to le glorious SNES day xD

Reminds me of the Ouya

Its intelligent self preservation. Their systems have been selling like ass when marketed toward kids who are off playing games on mobile and Minecraft. They need to change their game up and try to get the mass market back on board, by appealing to normalfags with that shit.

ya cause we always see splatoon in the top 5 slots on twitch all the time.

maybe but then again console fags are finally enjoying mods on their console skyrims.

the only positive thing out of all this is finally region free

I don't even remember the music that was played in the video but they could of gone with a nintendo adventure theme if the whole thing is to go outside.

Oh right Holla Forums suddenly hates games ever being played competitively even thought that's the most autistic Holla Forums thing ever
lol

Sony did this better with the PSP's TV out cable almost a decade ago. "B-b-but muh powerful hardware!" If your system is going to sell itself on being portable, it has to be…well, portable, and that's going to involve a power sacrifice. The Switch's tablet is pretty fucking big for something we're expected to just pick up and go around with. Most people felt the PSP and Vita were too big to be portable. There's no excusing the Switch, which is clearly larger. The only purpose I can see for the tablet part is if you suddenly have to take a shit in the middle of a game session, but again, I can't give Nintendo any credit for that seeing as how I was doing that since the PSP's TV out cables came out back in 2007. It really just feels like Nintendo took a common complaint about the PSP and Vita, that it might as well be a home console due to their games having the scope of full console games, and ran with that.

higher quality version

Most likely is that the processor drops speed to conserve battery power.

This is exactly what it's going to do until it's hacked. See what happened with the 3DS.

Do the controllers lock in?
What happpens if someone bumps into it, do the controllers just slide off?

watch the whole thing, the controllers are pretty explosive actually.

They probably snap in. Or else they wouldnt be able to hold the screen.

got me good

No one cares about your 9/11 edits
also the song reminds me of this

Just buy a PC.

They fly off violently fatally wounding bystanders

those dubs
that webm

Need wrist straps for both hands.

It was better than I thought it was gonna be. It reminds me of the 80's and 90's and carrying around jukeboxes which is nostalgic but even at a good price range, I doubt it will succeed in today's downtrodden economy.

The social aspect that portability brings is the only excuse to buy this over a regular computer and even that won't be the case in 5 years. And the fact that I like the clunkiness of it probably makes it a turn off for most people to carry. Still, if the economy was good, I could see this becoming a cool gadget like the Walkman used to be.

You jinxed it. We're going to be region locked to fuck and back until homebrew, if homebrew.

You son of a bitch.

10/10

Why the hell not.

The top level of Nintendo needs to be cleared out and injected with some young blood. They literally cannot stop fucking up.

checked and keked

I'm laughing like a fucking lunatic here.
It's like a really, really, really bad pop video.

Looks flimsy AF, especially the kickstand and tiny OUYA buttons. Battery life probably will be less than an average plane by the way. Also, how will multiple controllers work for split-screen multi-player?

… There is local multi-player, right?

as promised, higher quality

Only mobile and facebook games guys!

can handle 2,996 simultaneous players

It is the handheld dummy

Just a tip, I think you should keep the "clink" sound of the Switch Intermission, then have it song continue playing.

Are you really asking that after watching the video?
Are you really asking that for a ninten-'what does internet internet'-do product of all things?

auto calculating bitrate most likely, where target_size = 12
bitrate=%target_size% * 8 * 1024 * 1024 / 1000 / %length% - %audio_bitrate% * 0.90
could probably had the same quality at 6-8MB

Looks like these dumb fucks known as Nintendo have finally fucked up for the last time and will be going third party shortly.

Good riddance I say.

They've already let Anouma fuck up Zelda for nearly 20 years already.

Best for the entire company to die so no more of their beloved game franchises from past saner years can be bastardized any longer.

Power save mode.

What the fuck is the point of it being portable if it runs at a silky smooth, 15FPS? Maybe this isn't as good as I thought. RIP Nintendo.

It looks fun actually. Not something for me, since I don't use handhelds, but I can see how it could be useful.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen, Nintendo. Your product is going to be used by soccer moms and their children at some 10 year old's birthday party. That, and possibly the next Minecon.

Question: Why does Nintendo want the casual normalfag market so badly? Are they marketing to people in the west, or is Japan filled with casual normalfags? If it's the latter, than at least their marketing strategy would make sense (i.e. they want some of the mobile market's slice of the pie)

8ch/v/ is has been cuckchan/v/ with sound webm and 8mb post limit for at least a year

Aonuma Zelda is better than Miyamoto Zelda

Let me guess, some video about it had Emily Rogers in it and she's reaffirming her supposed insider info. Good on you for webm'ing, though.

Both are casuals, apparently Japan is even MORE casual.

I agree.

What do you mean "link to video where you can see this"? There's only one Switch video in existence at the moment.

Don't expect emulators for some time either since something about the ARM Instruction set is slow as hell to emulate on conventional Desktop CPUs. The DS one still eats a good 1.5GHZ or more and that not even very accurate emulation.

*12MB post limit actually

mobile is big in japan, they are trying to attract the casuls there like you said

That's good news for Nintendo then, LOL.

welp, looks like i'm going to continue not using nintendo products.

This right here is the only thing that could possibly save the switch. Although I wouldn't want to shell out another 200 bucks for the switches 32x.
gonintendo.com/stories/262374-nintendo-granted-patent-for-supplemental-computing-device

Nah

That's what he said.
This would most likely be an expansion pack sort of thing like the N64, or a $75 module to increase power or some shit.

If we'd devolved into halfchan everyone here would be sucking this things dick because muh nintendo.
I've seen completely the opposite today.

D+
Try harder in your next shitpost

We don't even know the final specs and at bare minimum this is gonna be a 720p portable with 1080p tv comparability which is comparable with the PS4 and XBONE

Well this is interesting

Yeah, we are halfchan lite, due to Mark's incompetence.

Don't get your hopes up, Nintendo isn't sony, or microsoft, they won't take risks by making the console the same price as manufactured, by that, I mean it isn't going to be any more (nor equally) powerful. It is going to be a watered down xbone.

One could only hope it already comes with it, but you have to reminds yourself, this is modern Nintendo.

Were Pad-L & Pad-R originally different colors as the logo implies?

What.

Holla Forums went from "It's okay when Nintendo does it" to "It's not okay when Nintendo does it" which is understandable since they've been total kikes lately.
We still don't know the full specs or how it works exactly so there isn't that much room to discuss. Honestly if the thing is powerful enough and has third party support it will sell, but only time will tell, the specs are supposedly coming soon.

I didn't see any problem with the trailer itself, what do you want ugly people?

Pretty sure that's just a logo thing, to resemble yin and yang for whatever reason.

You are a bunch of retards if you think Skyrim portable won't sell well

doubt it, I think it would look strange if the logo was the same color, also reminds me of yin yang somewhat

That has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Portal Portal 1+2, The Last of Us, Crash Bandicoot Remasters and Half life then it'll sell like hotcakes even moreso.

ying yang mind

I never said it was going to be as powerful, but comparable, like the PS2 was to the GC and og Xbox

You're a bunch of retards if you think Skyrim portable will run at more than 10 fps with extreme graphical downgrades before crashing after 30 minutes of playtime because gamebryo.

I just don't know what did you expect. You are looking too much into the trailer or something.

No thanks

apparently it's a 2nd gen maxwell gpu with about 1tflop of raw power, so it's quite efficient and real world performance may put it just behind the Xbox One, so far it is said to only have 4GBs of ram but running on either a Linux or Android derivative OS which is probably light as fuck it should have realistically 3.5GB of useable ram, compared to PS4/Xbox Ones 5GB of useable ram.

I'd say if it's cheap that's a lot of power, if it's $200 or less I will probably buy sooner rather than later.

That's just the logo fam.

I'm going to have to doubt this, who hasn't played Skyrim to death already, also I doubt it will support mods.

Seems redundant on a Nintendo system, they already have much better platformers.

There's hyperbole, there's baiting, and then there's this

Forget it. I was merely pointing out the discrepancy between the idealized marketing that Nintendo is shoving down our throat and the reality of the matter. It's funny, that's all. It's almost like they're lying to themselves.

I expect nothing.

it's a regular exaggeration you autist.

I played Skyrim on PS3. I know what it's like.

I think Nintendo stopped having good commercials after the SNES era, but they DID pick up during the gamecube era, only to come back down harder than ever with their marketing.

If the video doesn't automatically go to 00:17, then go there.
Ignore the goon talk.

The similarity in the shape & asymmetrical joystick positions of Pad-L & Pad-R is much closer than similarity to a yin-yang. The dots on a yin-yang are symmetrical & vertically aligned. I can see how they'd invert the colors for aesthetic reasons, but aside from having inverted halves the logo is far from a yin-yang in every other respect.

Why do people even play Skyrim with no mods?

I thought they haven't released the specs yet? If that RAM value is correct though, I'd be a little worried. Min (not even rec) spec for Skyrim Remastered on PC is 8GB. It's probably pushing the XBone and PS4 to the limit.

notice how both of us instantly thought about this symbol, it's recognizable, enough that even a change like that makes you think about it so I guess it works as intended

- Portable
- Powerful
- Cost competetive

Pick two of the above and only two. Nintendo want to unify their handhelds and consoles into a single device but in doing so they guarantee they won't be able to keep up with the competition in terms of hardware performance and make it highly fucking unlikely they'll be able to sell it at a profit while also staying competetive.

To put things in perspective, this is basically the Ouya in tablet form.

Ah yes, since everyone remembers the portable version of Oblivion.

WAIT A MINUTE ISN'T THIS IS JUST A FUCKING SEGA NOMAD

What the hell is that?

Portable Oblivion

What's the gimmick?

There's also Oblivion for the PSP, sort of. It was never officially released but it was leaked at some point.

There's a few differences here, firstly your PC has 2 large caches, the VRam and the Ram whereas the consoles have a shared cache so stuff doesn't need to be pulled into the Ram and them pushed into the Vram, the GPU can access that content directly, and the ram in the Switch is DDR4 which is a buttload faster than DDR3.
Secondly your PC is running your entire general use OS including a butt load of shit Skyrim itself isn't using and shit that will never be used for games.
Thirdly the min specs for Skyrim especial edition are based on the lowest specced system the game was tested on, they may not represent the lowest specced system it can itself run on.
Fourthly, Skyrim Switch edition may have smaller draw distances, lower res textures or less grass/lower resolution shadows to compensate for the difference in performance.
Sixthly, the Switch is definitely using a derivative of Vulkan and not DX11 like Skyrim on PC, Vulkan good.

It has better games.

Is that an ambidextrous controller?

Could it be possible to modify this console for backwards compatibility with Gamecube and Wii games games?

-Powerful
-Cost competetive
UNLESS I can get lite PC tier graphics, then I'd bump up the price with Portable and Powerful, if not, then I'll stick by my first choice.

It's a Vita, a DS, a Wii U and a tablet crammed in one

I was thinking Game Gear.

Looks like mobile version of Oblivion to me captain.

If you removed that parts the specificaly told you that it was oblivion and watched that video theres no fucking way you would be able to tell what it is.

Well you can't pick two you can only pick one. Nintendo's already picked portable for you

You can say a lot of negative things about Nintendo, but poor battery life has never been a problem with them. Jesus Christ I have a DS that I didn't play in a year and it still fired up full power.

Well, I can't pick one either. Nintendo's already picked cost effective for me as well.

Bethesda has said that they have no plans to port Skyrim to the Switch. They just provided Nintendo that footage, and they've said they're committed to bringing (presumably future) games to the platform.

The Shield K1 Tablet was $200, I'm sure they could sell this almost 3 year old X1 tablet for the same price, it also has a lower res screen and apparently Nintendo got a really good deal on the chips, which makes sense since Nvidia is handling all their OS and API shit, they are probably handling optimization of some of the ports too, and considering it's just an X1 Nvidia will probably work on porting all their Shield ports to it too.

I'd be happy with $200, alright with $250 and very happy with $180 at $300 I'll pass.

I would but that's because I've played it.

How is it, care to post some screens please?
I wanna make up my mind ASAP.

I hope it is good.

It's not confirmed to be the X1 yet

it looks pretty cool tbqh fam

You can't make up your mind because there isn't enough information out there.

It is confirmed to be at least an X1, some people thought it was an X2, and there is the possiblity that it's a modified X1, but yet again Emily Rogers was right about everything else when there was 0 information publicly available from Nintendo, why would she be wrong about this detail.

Yeah that must be why ALL the Miyamoto Zelda's have sold into the stratosphere meanwhile ALL Aonuma Zelda's bomb at retail.

(Well save for Twilight Princess which the hack was forced to make as a repudiation to that ugly Wind Waker piece of shit and everything that it stood for namely the bastardization and kiddification of the Zelda series…and even then TP still didn't sell more than the Miyamoto Zelda's)

In short kill yourself hipster faggot.

I honestly can't see it. Maybe if it has Touch capabilities, gyro's and cameras and so on then I could see it being all of them combined.
All I see it as is, a system playable on a big screen or on the go.
But I would not trust that tablet screen to be splitscreen, that is an absolutely bad idea.

oh man, I'm not sure if I should reeeeeeeeeeeee or if I should wait up and for more information so I can decide to buy it.

If its region-locked its a no go zone for me at-least.

Daisy a shit and you know it. Rosalina is new Nintendo girl, deal with it.

It's not region locked.

Because all the best games are also the top sellers.

Thing is, at the time I'd have killed for a portable Oblivion. Particularly the one they were making for PSP.
Now though, eh, not so much.

thank god.
Now I'm more interested since the nips usually go for the Nintendo brand, even the new shit with MH clones and other rpgs.

X1 is Maxwell. This is based on Pascal. It is more than likely a custom "Parker" SoC.

Well that's pretty nice
kek maybe Nintendo didn't think this through after all, that'll be a shit show considering they're so inept they still can't even get their games running properly on 3ds and it's not like they push the system to the limit.

I've only read it's Maxwell but if it's Pascal that's even better.

every fucking time

please let this happen

YFW you witnessed the unveiling of Nintendo's last console.

The OS doesn't need to load to RAM before VRAM.

PC's have DDR4 now too, but that will only increasing read/write speeds. The amount of storage necessary will not change. The spec for RAM is set so you won't need to page out to the disk. Doesn't matter how fast the RAM is once you have to page, your stuck at the speed of your hard drive. The PS4 also uses GGDR5 (what a PC GPU uses as well) which is a lot faster than DDR4.

Yes, there is more bloat in the OS, but we're talking about double the amount of RAM Window's might use 1-2 GB.

You know you can adjust all that on PC.

Vulkan can be good, if the programmer is competent, it can also be a lot worse. There a lot more freedom that allows the programmer to optimize the code. But it also allows him to make mistakes that weren't possible with DX11. We're talking about Bethesda here.

Yes! That's a great idea user.

I didn't read it, but here's your (you)

Filthy acts at a reasonable price

something like this happens

archive.is/4KImS

It's a dang ol' lunchable. Cheesey boy fingers n'all. Yeah, buddy.

No software has been announced.

Did you get this from halfchan or make this yourself?
Also, I'm sure a more believable situation would be a HUEHUE or a nignog robbing you.

Just like NiER: Automata wouldn't be on Steam, eh?

halfchanners are getting butthurt.

why do people do this
is this loss

If it does I might actually buy as long as its cheap

The only thing you can be sure of is that the build quality will be way better than those shitty chinese android "consoles"

I don't think this is something unique to this console.

tBethesda has said that they have no plans to port Skyrim to the Switch. They just provided Nintendo that footage, and they've said they're committed to bringing (presumably future) games to the platform.

I don't give a shit
is the console-tan fuckable?

Looks fine then.

Nigger please, if any other company out there was making this brick of shit they would be laughed at

Its only thanks to BRANDING than anyone gives a fuck about this

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's a girl but you can take her limbs off to turn her into a portable tenga egg.

The console tan is a gay vers boy, if that right up your alley. You're good.

personally, I'd like it to be a horny 40 year old man trying to cater to the younger demographic, but whatever.

It has a phone CPU/GPU chip you retard

It's a trap that switches based on your current desires.

It still has plenty of power for games to look nice and run well.

I said that's what I would CHOOSE if GIVEN THE CHOICE, retard.

Not that they're powerful either but isn't that what PS4/Xbone have?

no

First switch exclusive looks like another 3d mario collect all 120 of the shits to unlock luigi game

first panels screen should clear that up

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

IT'S THE VITA

but portable

it can do everything a laptop or tablet can do!

but much less!

forget your smartphone, you should be lugging this thing around with you instead!

Just wait on the Japanese. It's not even out yet so people can't work out all her "features".

No, they have a full custom desktop class AMD GPU and CPU

Yeah, it needs to have a good lineup for me to even consider buying one. I got burned ==hard== with the Vita.

They definitely don't have a CPU and GPU they have an APU which is a combination of both. I'm just not sure how that is different from mobile chip.

remember this?

nintendo doesn't.

Yes, it's another gimmick.
Could be cool, will probably be shitty.

But let's get serious here. What developers are going to put the extra resources into making a game that can handle what this console is trying to do.
Just assuming that there is zero effort on the developers to make it switch from handheld to living room and back, do you think they are going to work on it so the battery life doesn't drain out? Will it not have any data cache so to free up said battery life?

Now Nintendo, are they going to get rid of the people who censor the fuck out if their games?, Or have your digital purchases liked to an account instead of a console? How about region locking?

Im afraid it's going to be wiiu all over again with only the devoted nintentards buying it unless they pull their shit together

Good

Maybe we will get lucky and they will show the games of this year.

taking expensive electronics to some overpass at night time

Lowest quality bait

There's so much wrong here, first of starting with the assertion that "if it sells more it's better"

Secondly, they DON'T sell more. TP is still the highest selling Zelda game if you count all the platforms it's released on. You're the contrarian hipster faggot for not liking Wind Waker. Seriously, the last time I ever saw someone ironically diss Wind Waker's artstyle was on neoGAF in 2008

Seriously, ALttP, Zelda 1, and OOT vs Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Link Between Worlds? No contest

Anyone else notice how bad the framerates look during the gameplay footages?

Frame-rates for software that isn't out yet on hardware that isn't out yet means pretty much nothing. Not saying they can't be bad when they come out but optimization is the last thing developers do. We also have no idea how these are being displayed since Bethesda already confirmed Skyrim.

It looks like they use some kind of overclocking or coprocessor arrangement to improve performance while it's docked. BotW appears to drop all the way from 60fps to 20fps when the dude first picks it up.

So is this fucking thing region free or not?

How does anyone look at this travesty and think its good?

Nintendo already confirmed that it's just for tv out and charging/power, and that there was no additional hardware in the dock, stop propogating this mene.

Not everyone lives in niggerville

Shit nigga what are you doing

If you're serious, then I'm definitely not buying this piece of shit.

Thanks for saving me monkey.

WHICH IS AND WHICH ISN'T DAMN IT.

Also, OOT worst Zelda

You faggots don't even know what this word means anymore do you?
rumors have it that they're are gyroscopic, and touchscreen capabilities which it would need if it was gonna be backwards compatible like everybody wants

HOLY FUCK HOW DID I MISS THAT

Majora's Mask is Aonuma Zelda it's the first one he directed

Zelda 1 is grossly overrated and needlessly cryptic the first good Zelda game was Alltp tbh

I don't even need to read the rest of the thread if all the posts are as fucking retarded as yours. Please kill yourself to prevent accidental propagation.

You don't need any extra hardware for either of those, just a power supply and a heat sink. Almost all high-end tablets and phones these days use a similar arrangement.

They should have switched to a better person to lead the company.

The gimmick is that its portable, which is isn't because it will be huge as fuck, locked to 720p native and have at best 3h battery life

These japs crippled the console because "muh tablets" just in time when people stopped giving a fuck about the ipad

Zelda 1 was pretty fun though, I do agree on AlttP being best Zelda though.

TOO BAD, U GET BANK MANAGER. U MAKE MONEY AND U DO IT NAO

I like the concept of a handheld that can be placed on a docking bay to charge it, allow you to play it on a TV and a separate controller for when playing it on the TV, but it could have been executed better.

It should have been built like a traditional handheld instead of a tablet (so something that could fit in your pocket and good battery life), while still having the docking bay that allows it to hook up to a TV and charge. No controller parts that slide off, they're just built in. Instead of the handheld popping onto the docking bay, theres a single wire that goes from the handheld to the docking bay, then the docking bay plugs into the TV and power, along with the choice of popping the handheld into the docking bay directly and using a separate wireless controller (wireless controller sold separately?). Maybe also separately sell "video cards" that can be easily popped into the docking bay? One that runs the games at 1280x720, and a pricier one for 1920x1080. Other than that, it would just be the small handheld resolution being upscaled.

keep it mind it's probably a combination of weak hardware and throttling to save on power.

Yeah Kimishima was the worst possible choice.

Did anyone not notice that the gameplay was edited on the screens?

So given how good the 3DS' game library is, is this Nintendo's way of quietly giving the next portable a big boost?

Glad I could help you.

Nah, if that were true than the X1 console would benchmark better than the tablet with the X1 in it, on top of this the dev kit showed no signs of a heat sink adapter.

I seriously doubt Carmack knows magically more about the hardware than the people who designed it.

It's Nintendo realizing nobody is going to make games for them. So they have to stop splitting up their library between 2 platforms.

Well duh, its all normalfag models, cant play for shit

Koizumi is the main person to thank for everything good about MM

A surefire way to make sure a Nintendo console has a good library of games, is to make it a Nintendo handheld also.

Should have made it two in one tbh.

So much shit is getting ported to android I'm not even sure how they expect to survive without clinging to their IPs. Even some of their IPs are now on mobile and Nintendo keeps posting loses every quarter. Sony's gaming division however seems to be the only console doing well. Microsoft is just boned and bleeding money worse than anyone.

Tablets have proven that pocketability means dick

Please leave.

Yes

Yes

Well, Wind Waker was also amazing and Aonuma was responsible for that too

Aonuma isn't bad he's just way too safe.

I can't wait to play skyrim with my le reddit friends at 720p at 14fps on the bus to my liberal arts school.

Does this mean there's hope for a Fire Emblem with higher budget work like PoR/Radiant Dawn?
I'll just buy the Japanese version and download the translation, ok?

Portability isn't a gimmick, or at least not a wii-tier gimmick, and nintendo has succeeded in that area since 89. It's also better than trying to be a shittier pc with multimedia capabilities that are pre-built into modern televisions anyway like the other two major consoles.

Nintendo's still has the rainy day funds, and while Sony's gaming is doing well their other facilities are burning the company down. Microsoft is better off dropping consoles and going full pc-support.

Isn't that what it is?

Source?

yes

I refuse to believe that it can run games decently when in mobile mode.

I heard that it goes from 1080p 60fps to 720 30fps? Is that even possible on such a tablet? I doubt even console mode it will get 1080p 60fps..

It's possible but Fire Emblem still isn't a big seller so probably won't get a large budget. Honestly I hope I could just buy the english version of the new Fire Emblem and all of Nintendo's games. I'm only against giving NOA money if they do a bad and/or ruin games.

I don't think mobile coverage of their IPs is bad, as long as they aren't actual ports, they are just shitty mobile games with Nintendo skins. It gives them more coverage.

It would be suicide for them to port the exact same game to android. I'm thinking they can make parallel/compatible apps with the games.

and post about it on twitter, be sure to like and subscribe!

Tp was kinda safe I'll admit

This could actually make this great.
Unless nintendo forces you into getting AA batteries for the controllers

Nope.

Looks like shit, I'll take 4.

Good, if they're smart they'll port Fallout 4 because that game is actually new and I can imagine normalfags gobbling up Fallout 4

He has nice lips

I think the initial WW push back scared him into being safe. SS was safe it just used the wii control scheme and used a style that wasn't quite TP but not quite WW. SS was Aonuma trying to please everyone but actually pleasing fucking nobody.

It's more than double the power of the WiiU, and the tablet screen is only 720, on top of this we haven't seen a thing that says that there are power differences between mobile and dock, there is still a lot of power in the device, it's closer to the Xbox One than it is to the WiiU, how is this hard to understand that it will do [email protected]/* */ just like the WiiU did last gen

Last controllers were charger based, no idea why these ones wouldn't be too.

There are no power differences between mobile and dock.

G I M M I C K

These gimmicks would have blown my mind in the 90s, but modern tech trends are moving away from excess tech. There are so many ways to make less do more that while these things were amazing in the game boy era, nowadays they look like needlessly chucking gimmicks at people.
This is one trend Nintendo need to ditch. People might like a game console that can offer a lot more game material if only it were something not so encumbering as the add-on trends they've tried following.

Fates sold 2million? Where I heard nothing about this.

Fuck you Zero Suit is GOAT

And it's not a gimmick if the attachment is going to be tailor made for a respective game

Since Awakening FE has sold way more than usual for better or worse

Depends on who you are. For waifu fags they fucking love it. For those of us who love turn based SRPGs, fuck

The thought that full console games are going to exist on the same platform as ultra handheld oriented games is a little odd.

I mean if you play on hardcore mode the gameplay isn't THAT much changed but yeah. For once I'm glad NOA took something out of the western release. I don't wanna pet people

We don't know, we just know it sold over a million copies in it's first month in the US. making it's total 1.84 million by 1 april, I'm sure it has sold 160k more since releasing in europe as well.

2 million is a safe estimate.

Wow this a shit "console". The console itself is going to be underpowered. The moble verison of it is too big. Completely worthless. They need to learn to focus on doing one thing well rather than a ton of shit things.

well, since Henkaku released for the Vita, I kind of rediscovered the joys of handheld gaming
So I'm at least curious about the Switch.

Though the only thing that will decide if I get it or not are the games. And right now, there is literally NOTHING

I agree, they should have make it a fucking add-on for a future project.

ports c:

I know awakening did pretty well, I could see that breaking 2 million. Last I checked though Fates sold 600-700K in Japan and then debuted at 500K in the states then Nintendo never mentioned sales for that game again, which is usually a bad sign. Awakening definitely could have been the kick in the pants the series needed to become one of Nintendo's big games again. However the fuckery Nintendo did by putting out the multiple version nonsense on top of letting NOA go out of control with the localization probably really hurt that franchise. I just hope the next game pulls it back. Nintendo has to decide if they want to make a weeb game or not. If they don't want the game to have that stuff they cut out that's fine but then make that game don't let them chop it up afterwards for every country besides Japan. NOA also needs to learn how to put out a script that isn't a comedy.

Naw you misunderstood their announcements it broke a million when it debuted in the US but that was counting the Japanese sales. Unless you got a link to an announcement I missed. All the stories I remember from it's launch though had it selling ~500K in NA.

Nintendo mentioned the sales again, in their end of fiscal year financial report showing a total of 1.84 million sales between US and Japan.

is it backwards compatible?

why would they edit in shitty footage then?
that's retarded.

it makes sense that the NX gains more power if it's connected to it's "home" station.
I'll still probably get the NX anyway, but only if it's backwards compatible with Wii U games.

it doesn't accept disks anymore, only proprietary cartridges, so no

Holy fuck is the denial strong with you.
The Wii U fucking DIED, because it was a fucking Gimick.
The 3DS would too seeing as no
USES THE FUCKING 3D
but, it has great games.

They had to bullshit just to show Skyrim a 6 year old game and it wasn't even fucking real.

for fucks sake.
they had one job,
one thing that they could hold over every other fucking console and they had the advantage of knowing what microsoft and sony would do.

Because a screen captured via a camera looks like shit and has glare and shit so they edit it in, from what I can guess the people who edited it fucked up, it was probably edited at NoA so that should make sense.

remember that pause in the Breath of the Wild trailer

Apart from the fact that Nintendo have said there was no additional hardware in the dock, and there is no heat sink adapter visible on the dev kit or the release product, and the Tegra X1 it's based off has no difference in power between it's implementation in a tablet and in a console with cooling and access to ac power.

Also the previous Tegra tablet had a 6 hour battery life and was $200.

Xbox One has backwards compat and is getting original Xbox backwards compat in the future.

Wow so it sold okay. I'm wondering how much Europe bought. It's also the only game aside Animal Crossing that didn't sell more than double outside of Japan. How much did Awakening sell in total?

Not only because of that. The Wii also only sold because of its gimmick

This "gimmick" makes more sense than that. And just get a 2DS jesus fucking christ

Skyrim Remastered comes out soon iirc

When did they announce this will I finally be able to play the copies of Otogi 1 & 2 I found in a bargain bin a few years ago?

I think it sold just under 2 million, so Fates sold more, but that was also over a much longer time frame than Fates, we won't know how much Fates sold until April next year.

That dock is definitely too big for just being an HDMI out and an AC charger

It's not a Tegra X1. It's a custom Tegra chip, likely between the X1 and X2 in power

the current "backwards compatibility" consists of software downloads of updated versions of xbox games.
unless they configure the Xbone to read xbox 360 disks, it ain't happening because of how old some of these games are, likely anything that isn't AAA won't get ported into a software download.

Given how much more marketing and brand appeal FE had after Awakening, Nintendo should have been expecting much more growth. I hope they looked into the reasons why they didn't get that.

Yeah but the Xbone does let you use xbox 360 discs to redeem those versions. Otogi might get a chance since From is a pretty big name now and those were exclusive games for the machine. I mean it would have to be smaller games like that because all the big stuff is already ported to the newer machines.

You guys are looking at this backwards. This is not a successor to the Wii U. This is Nintendo's next handheld console. Nintendo dominates the handheld market. This will be a successful handheld the same way the DS and 3DS were. By dominating the handheld market, which is virtually certain considering they have no competition, they incidentally get some portion of the home console market at the same time without actually releasing a home console. This will sell as much as the 3DS and Wii U combined, or more, while only releasing one system.

They also only have to develop one version of their first party titles while hitting both markets. Same for third parties. Even if the number of people who buy this specifically for home console gaming is no more than the number who own the Wii U now, it doesn't hurt the third party home console support. EA doesn't have to make a version of madden specifically for those home console people, because they can play the same version that they've already sold to the millions of portable users.

Here's the funny thing: if it's successful as a handheld, which it will be, then it's successful as a console as well. For every million handhelds they sell, they've sold a million consoles. Nintendo is taking their strength in portables, and translating it into a simultaneous home console strength. All they have to do is continue on the Switch what they're already doing right with the 3DS.

Irrelevant. It will make money. It should play games pretty well too, considering there's no stupid motion gimmicks or forced touch screen shit.

Fags, the 3DS looks objectively better with the 3D on for a number of reasons, better lighting and natural anti aliasing, for starters.

Except for Marvel vs Capcom and similar games that fell short of licensing.
My point is that companies are starting to forget about the old gen.
The only reason why they'd remember is something related to a new game.

This is how I've been looking at it. Seems like Nintendo are pretty much done making real consoles for now. Probably a smart move.

Lower framerate though.

Yeah but things that fell through because of licensing won't get the ok to be made backwards compatible either.

And there's the added bonus of both handheld and console games coming out for one platform which would really help with game droughts

But it's exactly the same mistake. Most normalfags at least understand that Nintendo has a portable and console line of products, but by hybridizing them into one product - they're going to assume that the Switch is just 3DS 2 and then not see a "Nintendo Console" on the market. They'll assume Nintendo dropped out of the console business to focus entirely on their handheld line. If they buy a "console" for their kids, they'll likely go for the ones which are clearly and unmistakably living room boxes like the PS4 and Xbone since Nintendo doesn't have a living room box.

which is where the problem is, if the only way to do full support is to configure the Xbone to read 360 discs and still play them, then microsoft will never do it because they're lazy assholes.

I actually use the 3D all the time now since I've gotten a New 3DS. The camera tracking is actually really good

Kiss my kintama

Well we know it's only at least a Tegra X1, so I'm going to say X1, but if it's a custom or X2 than that's even better and it could easily be between Xbox One or PS4 if that's the case.

The dock is probably big for stability or just to look nice or something, if it does have a heatsink or fan it's to compensate for it being tucked in there and not for additional cooling

I thought it had backwards compat with discs like select original Xbox titles on the 360?

Nah, and like I said that 1.84 million was after the first month in the US, and it's a niche title, it's probably closer to 2.5 or 3 mil at this point. I'd say that's good growth considering how niche the series has always been.

It's a Nintendo product, it won't catch on.

Not if you overclock your New 3DS. Also, games like Senran Kagura only uses the 3D on specific spots like clothes tearing.

Does that matter, when they'll be buying their kids "the new gameboy" anyway?

Ofcourse there's no contest. A link to the past is best Zelda meanwhile all fucking 3D zeldas were fucking awful, OoT and MM included.

Who's stupid enough to buy consoles (and nintendo ones to top it all) after the GC era?

no, it's literally just the Xbone reading the disc to find out what game it is, you stick in the product code or something (depends), and it downloads the game from the microsoft cloud.
The game downloaded isn't a Xbox 360 game, it's actually the Xbox 360 game ported to the Xbox One. You download the port.
If you want to be technical, it's like sticking Metal Gear Solid TPP PS3 into a PS4 and it downloads the Metal Gear Solid TPP PS4 version, except this has no improvements besides framerates if it isn't locked.

ALTTP was just a prototype for LA.

But das actually cool.

twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789289178684981248
archive.is/NE34z

the reason why I'm autistic about is that I'm always for backwards compatibility, but this is just porting. They could've made all Xbox 360 games compatible with the xbone through the disc reader, but they didn't and that sucks.

Play "For Whom the Frog Bell Tolls"

Looks like Nintendo is going to hold on to its streak of keeping me away from their consoles.

Multiple sources have already said no region lock, the same sources that were right about everything else, maybe we will get lucky and they will add in region lock, it's always good to add more features to a system right?

I love that there is no more news til next year, because I am totally not interested in learning more about this fucking system and it's fucking games.

Bethesda said they would not be bringing the game but would "possibly" bring games to Nintendo.

The wii gimick worked because it was one of the first to capitalize on motion control.

Except it became flooded with shovelware which is why Nintendo went full autist and only made in house games for the U, which ended up failing as well.

Nintendo is haunted by failure constantly and consistently, its sad anyone is try to convince themselves otherwise.

Looks cool.

Gotta commend them for trying new things, but cant forget that the things they do wrong are very stupid.

I want this meme to end

user I watched someone try to play LttP and they couldn't do it they kept not being able to figure out where to go.

It looks like a cheap Xbone controller knockoff holy shit Nintendo

nice to see Nintendo emulators on the new PSP

Perhaps they should try a different hobby from video games.

So, as someone who don't have Nintendo products lying around, is this a successor to the 3DS or the wii U or it's own thing or both?

NINTENDONTS BTFO

It's both they won't announce another only portable or only home machine.

naw thats annoying. Maybe if it were still and just had the beer flowing.

It's not even the best 2D Zelda
Wow I know both games are overrated but wew m8

I swear to god if you're a Link's Awakening hipster.

Well, I didn't play the game with one

MFW NINTENDONT MAKES AN ANDROID TABLET FOR THEIR NEXT BIG CONSOLE

That's not confirmed, and what's even so bad about android? I'd prefer it to a home built Nintendo OS tbh

Yeah but the game was designed and sold with the manual and maps included. You can't lose half the pieces for a board game and complain that the game is bad.

Well, that's just shit game design. A Link to the Past was plenty challenging and cryptic but I beat it without resorting to what essentially is a prima guide walk through.

The board game analogy is bad because you can't play a board game with half the pieces missing, and if you tried, you'd notice. I had no idea the manual literally told you so much.

A hipster would say Oracles. All of the gameboy games are better than ALTTP, however.

Both of you bitches are wrong

I doubt it, most non Apple tablets have SHIT performance despite having good processors. So I blame it on developers and partially, on Android itself.

I bet it will be better than any Nvidia game tablet, but yeah, the battery life will be an issue absolutely.

Because you'll end up switching to another console

The damn thing got revealed today and I've heard this shit 5 times I swear to god christ just stop at least say "Because you'll switch it off" or some shit

No it wouldn't there were tons of controller shit back then and nobody bought them, all those companies went to shit

There were also console addons and guess what? every company that sold them got fucked, sega atari nec, etc

People buy waaaaaaaaaaaay more tech junk nowadays because is cheap

No. Wii was a more innovative idea than a tablet with autism handles.

Fuck all of the above memes.

false, false, false, wut and nice job relying on a fucking youtube video for "framerate"

Lol it's all about the games and the execution you triple nigger, if it ran Android games nobody would give a fuck.

You obviously don't know anything about the Tegra X2, this will probably be about as powerful as the Xbox One give or take.
Neato assumptions faggotron, the Pixel C with similar hardware lasts 5 hours in intensive use with the brightness on max which puts it in the same ballpark as the 3DS/
most people don't have 3ds xl pockets in the first place and secondly people carry tablets around just fine this is the stupidest complaint on here and that's saying something
this is why it's modular you fucktruck
Won't be any higher than $349 I guarantee it

Nice assumptions faggot

>>>/r9k/

what the fuck do you mean it's ugly? it's the sexiest hardware they've ever come out with

gay post

Yeah it's still very likely it gets a bump from the dock because it could have a heatsink on it.

>>>/r9k/

These are all good points but I'm a huge drone and even I know you're gonna get called out for being a shill

its some stupid shit literal gimmick for 30 year old losers that still get excited over fucking Mario

my grandma bought a Wii to lose weight. Between that and the Redditors like Mark, that tells you all you need to know about this utterly shit company.

they could have at least made it cool lookin
ya know?

So, does anyone know when today's stream is supposed to happen?

Its a gameboy that comes packaged with its own super gameboy with multiplayer controller options

All valid points, which has me wondering. Nintendo has put out Pokemon Go, and Mario is apparently turning up on android/apple too. Could that be laying groundwork for this, and to help reduce that stigma?

What the fuck were they thinking on this design? Was there really that much nostalgia of the famicon design?