Kagemusha Ni

ITT: What the fuck were they thinking?

Stay the fuck away from this one, you will only find frustration and tedium
Also, what the fuck was up with that ending? Apparently Kamiko is going to seal the gates, then a dragon comes out of nowhere and eats you. THE END, really, what the fuck?
At least the menu theme was cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/333656722971757395/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I pirated it this morning. Quit after 20 minutes. Shooting and slicing was not satisfying.

I miss Hoji. He and Wang could play off each other. Bitch-kun is like having your cranky sister strapped to you but you don't even get a blowjob when she calms down

Confirmed for not playing the game.
The Arm of Orochi is so OP, I had to double check if I was playing on easy when I plowed through 'No Pain No Gain'. I finished the for the second time game in a quarter of what I spend on finishing the first time, and that's on the hardest difficulty.

you only get it right before the fucking final boss
don't 'it only gets better in NG+' me

Yes. I finished the game on NG+ on the hardest difficulty in a couple of hours. It was so much easier than playing through the game on 'Who Wants Wang' mode with a friend previously.

It also makes just about every other weapon in the game useless by comparison.

god damnit, i was genuinely excited for this game because the last one was legitimate fun, far from perfect but a step in a right direction and they had to go fuck it all up. now it just looks like fucking borderlands

I was only ever entertained when Hoji and Wang spoke to eachother, Wang on his own is just trying too hard. Wang and Kamiko are like a dick and a cunt, they don't go well together.

that just speaks loads about the challenge of the game, doesn't it
either face the bulletsponge or steamroll everything

I'll disagree on one thing, the shotguns are pretty good.

Pirated it yesterday. Would recommend for 15 bucks, not more.

I can handle the shitty humor, 1 out of 10 one liners are funny, the rest you can ignore.

Bitch sister stops being completely ass after about half the game, weapons are completely uninteresting. Im currently facing last boss and didnt use anything besides a sword for more than 2 minutes. Skills are boring. Crafting is absolute shit.

Movement is pretty good. The visuals are great, except for the dmg effects and some textures. I can forgive the heavy reuseing for assetts since this game is pretty fast and the pathing is well thought out. Level designe in general is pretty damn good, in my opinion. I disliked none.

Not a terrible game. Its Prototype tier - good fun for 10 hours and then forget about it.

they do feel good, they just have a rather poor base DPS compared to any other weapon type except pistols. it's primarily why I never used shotguns and pistols, it's like they can only be good when you upgrade them with double pack or dual wielding

These guys have been doing nothing but FPS games for like 20 years and they still cant make one with good gunplay

kek

Pirated, played for about an hour, dropped. Every enemy was a sponge, guns were the worst kind of peashooters, the novelty of slicing off parts of enemy with a blade wore off very quickly, especially since it was all just about dashing fast and mashing LMB. Movement felt… off. Like I was floating in syrup. Couldn't care less about the story.

also, here's the ending I was talking about

I have to correct you in that gameplay consists of dashing fast and mashing RMB beyond the 10 minute mark onwards until you switch back about 30 minutes before the end.

Pretty silly how rough around the edges such a good looking game is. Though I had to play it on the lowest settings, despite my PC being able to handle SW1 on medium settings just fine, so I couldn't notice

shotguns are amazing faggot. Right now playing no pain no gain and havent had trouble with any of the enemies. I have a shotgun that does twice the damage with the last bullet with 2 poison gems that maxes out to 100% and the charge shot mode. pretty much takes 5 bullets to end ever fight. Superiors and Eliter go down with 2 shots and the spread of the shotgun covers everything in its path. then i have a pair of claws that increases crit chance by 15% everytime i kill with a special move and its got 100% ice damage as well as 50% chance to freeze. Its piss easy to break the game.

The level design isn't terrible overall, but sometimes it triples up vertically, which sounds cool until it destroys your framerate. I've fallen through the world or clipped out of the terrain a few times, too.

Ehh, the double barrel has good point damage, and the automatic shotgun is good for knocking enemies down and applying elemental effects. I feel like it's mostly useful though because on higher difficulties everything's so fucking crowded that melee is hard to follow, and so shotguns are substitute.

All your webms show up green for me.

I suppose you need some good game-breaking strats first before you can enjoy the game and sidestep the bullshit

I started to have fun/experienced less frustration once I got my hands on a rocket launcher which dealt around 1000 toxic damage, a relatively fast firing grenade launcher which stunned everything thanks to electricity, and King Skeletor outfitted with ice damage which in conjunction with Grip of Darkness became useful once I realized that headshots still matter and deal guaranteed crits. The Sawblade killed shit good too, but it locks you in place when you're sawing shit. Also, was Cyclone bugged for everyone else? It's as if the arc of the attack goes upwards for no reason once you hit something.

I thought I was the only one.

I had framerate drops to 0 from time to time but inbetween the game ran smoothly. Never an issue during dropping or jumping, came seemingly random. Also no glitches whatsoever. I had money stuck in an object once but thats it.

Game runs well enough for me.

You should see how it looks on my 6950 if that triggers you. You'd die.

I would enjoy the game twice as much if they just fucking removed the elemental resistances/weaknesses. All that shit does is make you color code your weapons which is gay as hell. Also either there isn't enough ammo or they need to reduce bulletsponge health. I don't mind bulletsponges as long as I can shoot them without having to whip out the melee weapons 90% of the time.

What's the difference between a musha and a bushi?

I'm enjoying it well enough.
I'm playing on hard, don't have any problems with ammo management/bullet sponges.

Fuck the drops system though.

I liked the chain sword and the shotguns they ware pretty fun.

i know myou are the same faggot that was sperging about this shi tty game a few days ago because none of your fucking webms ever works

works on my machine

There is actually a fun exploit which turns you completely invincible for the entire level, but you need the Last Chance skill first. Basically you need to enter Last Chance right before you fall off a ledge, so you want to be on low health and get hit by an elemental debuff, and then jump into a pit just after the debuff kills you and has you enter Last Chance. You will then respawn at a nearby checkpoint with 1 HP, but after that you're completely invincible.

That's almost as bad as Hard Reset's original ending.

shadow warrior 2013 was terrible, hard reset was terrible, and surprising no one this is terrible.

hoji was also shit in the first one and every bit of dialog wang and him shared came out in the same borderlands tone with the garbage gearbox(tm) writing.

PC gaming is dead

they are all corrupt or not even rendering. learn to make webms you incompetent fuck and play less shitty games.

What a fucking joke. I wasn't even that excited for the game so I pirated it, yet I still feel ripped off.

this game looks completely hideous.

I must as like seeing green, this is too much.

I got stuck in the same place, twice… in the same life. I got out twice. You just suck.

yet you're still wasting your time with a first person shitter

green for me too

Playing through it right now and it's a lot more mediocre than I was hoping but it's still better than DooT. Game is quite pretty and slavic spit and polish is working wonders for me even though I've heard some have the opposite experience. The loot is frustrating as hell though because most of the "gems" are garbage and exist to clutter my inventory. Skills are meh. Game suffers from a lack of interesting choices, a fundamental building block for Good Games.

That said, slicing and dicing is quite fun and when you can get a feel for the gunplay it isn't awful. Yeah, bulletsponge guys are here and there but I've been one shotting fools after upgrading sting to max and using lightning on my sword.

Also, why the fuck did they make average move speed so slow? I'm going to wear out my shift key from all the blink dashing. Might as well bind it to right-mouse for the amount it gets used, jesus

I got a sold 36 hours of play time before I got all the achievements. and thats less time compared to the first game which took me 48 hours but that was mostly due to heroic difficulty having no checkpoints during levels.

I'd say the straight up gameplay of 2 is better
weapons feel better to use and i'm really glad they got rid of fall damage.

one thing I really liked was I found hand gun which fills 1 point of rage for every time you damage an enemy so made it have fire damage which made it so if i set about 3 enemies on fire my rage meter would fill up faster then it drained so i pretty much had unlimited shadow rage so long as i had enemies to set on fire.

but pretty much everything else about the first game was better
2 has no real level design due to the random levels

the story feels isn't as good since it doesn't really feel like your working toward anything.
first game was get the pieces of the Nobitsura kage.

where as 2 whole plot is pretty much "you have this chick stuck in your head until the end of the game." I just beat the game but nothing about the plot was all that memorable.

That being said I still enjoyed the game for the 36 hours I played.

but it was bullshit that the Nobitsura Kage was turned into a piece of shit amulet.

because they don't know shit about designing games

That they could make a more fun game than most PC titles from the past three years.

They were right, but PC players are kind of pathetic these days.

Yeah if you can't enjoy this game I feel sorry for you
my favorite buzzword is bulletsponge, if old doom came out today kids would be screaming about how all the elite enemies + cyberdemon are just bulletsponges

No, Doom didn't have a shotgun that was fucking worthless. Enjoy your crap game with CoD tier shotguns.

How long would it take to kill a cyberdemon with a shotgun in doom? lel what a bulletsponge game

Consoles can't handle fast movespeed. Maybe mods will fix it.

the shotgun is the only gun in shadow warrior 2 i've found that does decent damage

At least it makes a good wallpaper simulator.

WTf is it with all this gearbox/sjw/hipster writing in games. It's gone way beyond fucking irony now.

Still a pretty meh game but basically build on critical chance and crit bonus, you win automatically. Seriously I had a weapon that was doing a dps of 500. I'm not going to be surprised if you manage to make one that does higher with critical chance and bonus.

Something else too. The upgrade system is pretty stale. There weren't enough interesting gems or upgrades. It was all "+6% to your semen production" and so on. It would have payed off with unique upgrades. Like ammo, fire types, so on.

I found a couple cool ones like one that allowed you to place down your weapon as a turret that automatically shot at enemies or one that made it so if you hold the fire button you can charge up a shot that does extra damage when you release.

Then there was one that split projectiles into two, one that added a timed explosive to projectiles that would go off a second after impact (only on bows), and one that let you dual wield a one handed weapon like pistols or SMGs.

Too bad you can only put the akimbo one on pistols and SMGs. Cuckenstein showed how fun dual everything can be

you can dual wield ARs with another specific upgrade

Can you dual wield shotguns too? I've been trying to make the double barrel somewhat decent and the current 'build' I have it for now would work perfectly, if I could dual wield them.

dunno haven't played enough to know

the AR dual wield is a part called "heavy metal" that's a mission reward from about 70% through the game

Weapon mods allow you to narrow down and optimize the use case for a specific weapon.
I've put Rapid Fire, Multi Shot and Explosive Shot on Yumi if I want to clear out large groups by turning them into rabbits.
On higher difficulties, having at least one elemental affinity represented in you active weapons is a must.
Body mods enhance general stats, like Health/Chi or weapon type damage.
Talismans define your play style. Most of them give you a very specific bonus that entails a very specific malus. Ninja Soul heavily increases melee damage while reducing damage done by all firearms.

Every weapon is unique, but some are (significantly) more useful than others. The Sword family suffers heavily from this.

Which is a 10 point upgrade, and doesn't do much without upgrading the other Chi powers, too, not to mention that Superior and Elite enemies are immune to both cc abilities unless you invest points into a max. 50% chance to affect those enemy types.

I'm sitting on 150% melee damage and there are few enemies that don't drop after the first few seconds, like Bells and Tumors. That might be an optimisation issue on your end.

You can deactivate most UI elements. Unless you're talking about the "bloody screen" effect, which makes fighting in hyper mode unnecessarily challenging.

Story missions are fix, side missions re-rolled every time you re-enter them (as in, load the map after you chose the mission).
There are basically four terrain types. City, Mountain, Yakuza Village and Forest. I'm pretty sure Yakuza Village reuses assets from SW 2013. City is very distinct from Hard Reset - it's much brighter and more colourful.

It's frustrating since you easily get the impression that weapon mods only exist to remain on par numerically with enemies.
I feel like it's more about finding the weapons you'd like to use the most and then just keep using them while upgrading the mods to keep them viable.

During 25h, I've clipped through textures while grabbing a ledge twice. Had to reset by portaling, then restarting the game.

True, especially since it looks like you can end up with everything, after sufficient playtime.

Pretty much. You basically do everything you do in single player, but with other people.

Story was way worse, characters were more interesting. Back story is super elaborate, stuff makes a lot more sense after finding out that Smith is supposedly a descendant of Mitsuse no Okoto and Mamushi Heika is mad fucked up.

I like Kamiko. I think she's cute. She and Wang both collide regularly to humorous effect, and it makes their reconciliation towards the end much sweeter. Also, rape is not okay.
I miss Hoji too. At least he's featured in the Story of the Nobitsura Kage.

There are a lot of Wang jokes. I don't get why people get upset. If anything, Wang is a lot more explicit and verbose than in 2013.
It gets a bit jarring with Mezu and Gozu towards which he flings shit pretty much non-stop, but he really hates each one's guts for different reasons, I guess.
He's pretty cordial with Zilla and Xing, though.

See above. He's corny, but there's something for everyone.
Pull yourself together, man.

Insert Wang joke.

It's way faster than in 2013. Enemies beat you to a pulp on the two highest difficulties if you don't stay agile and actively try to avoid damage sources, especially from the bigger enemies.

I've already addressed this. Try to re-evaluate your body mods and talisman.

Yeah, she was boring.

You can increase your movement speed via skills and mods.
Else, dash - jump - dash - double jump to go fast.

I can't really tell since I've rarely used any ranged weapon besides Projectile types.
I like the Stick of Doom.

See above.

Yeah, DLC when?

I feel as if it's a let down in a few ways myself

The first one they did of Shadow Warrior felt better in every way, better upgrade system, better levels, this seems to have taken a step back for the mere fact of how it's done now, only a few of the weapons I have gotten feel ok/fine but nothing that made a massive impact like I had hoped for, the skull LMG looks awesome as fuck but feels like it sucks still

By far the only weapon system that I enjoyed that had mods/upgrades to weapons was Ratchet Deadlocked

This just tries to be Borderlands 2 but managed to somehow fuck up the upgrade system, but at least it doesn't really hit home on what it needs to

Also, it just feels like they are straying away even further from the original Shadow Warrior as well, almost nothing is really recognizable from this shadow warrior to the original installment, sure they want it to be new and refreshing, but it's going too far away from it

i got like 15 hours out of it. pirated it, wanted to 100% it but no time really. When i get the money I'll buy it.

It was fun for what it tried to do, and despite the flaws the game has, it manages to do them well. Don't know how you can manage to find *THIS* much wrong with it.

nigger know how to play the game. the shotgun rapes everything in this game. So far all i hear is bitching about bulletsponge monsters which if you build your character right which isnt so hard and you put the right gems into the weapons, the monster become piss easy. a bunch of fuckin casuals. Yes the game does have some flaws but it irritates me when retards are bad at playing games that they blame the game instead of themselves. Go play call of duty faggit, seems like itd be up your ass

What are you even doing?

Is Holla Forums contrarian?

nudoom was fucking garbage user, what are you on about? SW2 is nothing special but god knows it's better and prettier than the total dog turd those faggots at Bethesda/ID wanted seventy dollarydoos for

Where do you think we are faggot?

I think he wanted to emphasize the (((stein))).

I was talking about the general population, at least a few days ago when the game just came out.

Objectively neither of these tbh. NuDoom has some of the best textures I've ever seen and they look even better up close. The gameplay is also more tight than SW2 despite a bit of ignorance on the design and balancing. Of course it's more expensive, it looks better.

I hate how swords in SW2 aren't a powerful but risky weapon to use like in the original 98 SW. Even glory kills are better. The enemies are shit too, definitely worse than nuDoom. NuDoom isn't a great game, but it sure is a hell lot better than pseudo borderlands with sword.

I want to play an fps game not RPG game.

Fuck I'm not gonna pirate this

loot doesn't belong in FPS god damn

it isnt that difficult. you put points into shit like fire, cold, electricity, poison which you can max out right away. you dont even need to put points into the chi based moves. and you put 2 powerful gems and one to change the weapon mode. thats it. thats all you need.

why the fuck not?

Elemental shit and item based upgrades belong in the trash. I don't want to play dark souls with guns.

look at it from a development standpoint, instead of putting thought into weapons and gear you can just have the RNG throw stats onto them, instead of making good bosses and enemies you can make "legendary" guys (unsure if this is in SW, but it was in fallout 4) who are just beefy versions of regular enemies who you only kill for the sole sake of pursuing more loot

loot guns consistently makes for lazier gunplay and a DPS race instead of making a specific firearm for every situation

so far the only boss ive encounter is the chick's possessed body. The game actually allows you to create a fire arm for every situation. cant use one gun to rape everything. some enemies move faster, some have different resistances, some resist even the physical damage. It also throws you gems which can change how a weapon handles. you wont find guns everywhere. you earn a new weapon through side missions as well as new skills. a 3 barrel handgun plays different then the dessert eagle or the revolver. A musket plays different than a pump action shotgun.

I thought Shadow Warrior 2 was fun.
Don't think they could have done another linear shooter like the first (remake) Shadow Warrior.

But after you beat the game the first time, I have very little motivation to go play it again, even though I did enjoy it quite a bit when I did play through it the first couple times.

The fucking chain guns SHRED mother fuckers. holy SHIT they are so fun to use. Definitely my favorite weapon(s) in the entire game. so fucking satisfying.

That's just the culture as a whole. Not just vidya.

Basically the only part where you have true bulletsponges is near the beginning,
when you don't have enough to have a weapon with a good percentage of elemental damage and you find a "physical resist" enemy.

Fuck no. Ability to reliably hit weakspots, burst damage, amount of knockdown for cc, AOE damage all count.

I'd agree upgrades/powers need some balance though. But there are really interesting mods for guns, like remote control/detonation/turret

SW2 actually does gun feedback very very well, the enemies may not die outright but it fucking feels like you've given them a good hard wang.

Also, there's a triple barreled demon shotgun and you can make it fire all three at once. It's devastating.

To the only respectable guy in the game, who's also his mechanic. Who's going to fix his beloved car if he pisses smith off?

Well, when a dick and a cunt go together, things get all fucked.

Once you get the springchester and pimp it with +electrical the game is fucking over. It fucking raped everything it hit.

There is a late game pump action "future tech/chi tech" shotgun, something like The Penetrator or something that has eight shots with the chance to skip the reload. Mod it to fire four barrels at once and you've pretty much got a sawn off break action shotgun on speed that autoreloads like 40% of the time.

At times I feel like the three gems-limit per weapons is more limiting than anything, you won't ever get cool unique weapons like in Diablo or such. While the upgrades do affect every aspect of your characters, it just feels so shallow and console-friendly. It has next to no depth and most interesting builds I feel rely too much on chances.

I actually found an amulet which increased that chance by another 50%, so in combination with the skill upgrades it amounted to a 100% of abilities working against Superior enemies. I guess I just got lucky.

I was referring to the inventory screen, which is flat-out awful. It lacks many necessary filtering options for elemental types and name, wastes too much space on useless shit, lacks comparison data on weapons and their existing upgrades, you can't switch out upgrades with weapons where the gem slots are already filled, you need to manually assign all junk loot to junk, having to re-insert that one upgrade is like finding a needle in a haystack, there's no sell all button for vendors, you can't compare vendor items with inventory items, and it's quite frankly a pain to work with.

That's true I suppose, though dropping lore in random out-of-order bits doesn't make for a smooth lore experience

He only made me laugh one out of ten times, the rest of the writing felt like DmC with more wittiness and less FUCK YOU.

there's a lot more damage coming from all sides, on higher difficulties the enemies are everywhere to the point where it feels like damage is inevitable. I'd really love seeing someone doing a no-damage run of this game. Enemies even have fucking auras which damage you if you get close, so much for encouraging stealth

If it sucks, just upgrade it, isn't that right? Just like with the crappy auto-collect radius. I already did the dashjumping trick most of the time.

That's what you get for playing Borderlands clone memegames lol

thank you for your valuable insight

At the end of the game you get the equivalent of Nobitsura Kage anyway.

Wish they worked a lot more on the UI aspect of the game though.
No way to auto sell or auto ignore item rarities.
No way to sort items by power so you got the most powerful gems on top of all types.
Near the end of the game i did not bother to clean up my inventory because i would need to spend probably an hour just sorting through the shit i had.

Anyway i got out 19 hours out of the game on my first run which is not bad considering i got 29 hours out of the first Shadow Warrior game with multiplie runs. For all its flaws it is a fun game.

Modern FPS

>>>/cuteboys/

steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/333656722971757395/

the telltale sign of a bad developer, nerfing everything fun IN A SINGLEPLAYER GAME into oblivion
I feel sorry for you poor sods who bought the game

How is it possible for someone to be this terrible at video games?

Everytime when someone tells me this I have to ask on what difficulty they have played this game on

I bet there are still other cheats available via cheat engine.

I started on insane for best loot and the only things remotely spongy were elites which are meant to be harder to kill.

After reading through all this shit I'm almost played the game wrong and am willing to replay it again on a new character or NPNG again
Just what the hell kind of builds did you fags use?

they are not harder to kill, they are spongy to kill! it just takes more time and not more challenge! they look exactly like normal enemies, this is bullshit, boring, and sucks

Musha is a video game.