Grim Dawn + ARPG discussion

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

ACIDIC RABBI!
work in progress, obviously
The good goyim do all the work while you spew acid and poison from the background and curse at all the not so good goyim! Kosher as fuck!

Devotions:
Rat
Jackal
Bat
Revenant
Bysmel's Bonds
Raven

The skill system in this game sucks. 75% of shit is useless.
This is how I know you're casual.

takes a while to take all the screenshots, fagmo

That might just be the dumbest fucking build I've ever seen.

You're right though, I should've mentioned it in op.

I wish PoE had a beam spell as fun as in grim dawn.
All of the dps, insane drain speed, perfect accuracy.
What besides grim dawn has good beam spells? Preferably available for most of the game.

By beam spell I mean a beam of energy of some sort that is a constant effect that can last as long as you can fuel it that damages enemies that touch any part of it. Usually stopped by the first enemy that touches it. Usually has really long, effectively infinite range.

Magicka

Work in progress in regards to Primal Spirit, I tried him out a level or two ago, but didn't like the fact that he was on a 20 second timer. I think I'd rather have the summons I have already to be stronger than to have them wiped by a nuke. Blood of Dreeg is useless considering how much HP my pets have and how easy it is to just resummon them.

Torchlight 1 and 2 have a beam spell if you don't mind the art style and somewhat shallow/forgiving skill system.

Curse of frailty in on the backlog, noted.

Love when this happens though.

Diablo 3 Wizard has the best beam skill.

I'll it props for having the option to choose a beam color, albeit with varying effects.

You're thinking of the archon beam, not disintegrate. Now that's a beam.

that's almost metal

Locust Swarm is the best skill. Disease spreads to everyone and clears the room. The game has excellent skill design but fucks up itemization, atmosphere and story.

What would you change to make Diablo great again?

PoE has a beam coming but it looks lackluster as fuck when you consider you already have incinerate

what a fucking qt

I want to fug that grill.

I'm 2 hours into grim dawn and I just hate it. I'm assuming it opens up - can someone give me a point in the game to look forward to, a 'real beginning' so to speak?

I'm playing as a ranged commando, and it's kind of neat to play as a walking ranged tank. I've been leveling molotov and it's perks along with the perks you get from stuns. I'm only getting stat boosts from Soldier, and maybe the attack speed/damage aura.

Only shitty thing about the build is trying to get to Kracken. I had to get a tank devotion to get the requirements for kracken.

What's the best necromancy mod? I've been playing the one with an active buff that raises skeletons when you kill enemies.

Are there any ARPGs that take a more tactical approach to combat? I don't mean something like stealth, just something different than spamming the most DPS you can.

I don't like how game journalists have successfully pushed this meme. You're playing a hack and slash.

what is your definition of hack and slash
what is your definition of ARPG

Wouldn't "dungeon crawler" be a more fitting term since you could describe any action game with a sword a "hack and slash"?
I guess dungeon crawler would be reserved for rouge-likes (Brogue, NetHack…), but I'm pretty sure that's what guys at blizzard called Diablo while making it.

Who cares tbh, ARPG makes more sense.

Dungeon crawler is actually a well defined genre

Around level 20-30, when you start getting your build in order.
The game is made by your power and it sucks while you're still weak.

fuck, I forgot.

When the FUCK is this coming out? I need this so much.

Apparently the "channeling" tag was released already, just not this blowtorch skill.
Hopefully that means more beam skills will follow, since they have a tag for constant spells instead of nigger rigging it like incinerate.

Oh neat, PoE is getting a new act next year. More map types.

I tried the game, made 3 hardcore characters because the previous 2 died. On my third I finish act 1 and go to act 2, some random mob 2 shot me and I died.

I had to quit afterwards, the pain was too much. I tried to make a tanky nightblade so I will survive and I got 2 shoted by some random bitch ass mob…. I WANT TO PLAY HARDCORE but it's seriously hard to do it in your first playthroughs (I played Normal Veteran)

Go soldier+demo 2-hand or dual-pistol build. You cant die and still deal damage.

every time i swear

There's an "open the door, get on the floor" joke in there somewhere.
How come your lvl 85 character only has 2091 Attribute points compared to my lvl 50 2016 points? I know I get a bunch of them from my gear, but I suspected those bonuses would scale with levels.

because we are different classes (the class lvl gives the most stats after that its the ones you get per level. and you get a few from quests iirc

on my 5th 50+level character, I can't stop, please send help

oh boy, even more chances for them to cock up game balance. I love the random as shit buffs and nerfs, too.
I sure love how act 4 Normal is harder than act 1 Merciless.

bumpu

I wish here is a mod what make every moster a Hero tier.

How do you guys go about making your own builds? Whenever I feel like mine is not doing well enough I always end up looking up builds which actually work..

Tell me about Conjurer.
Why does he wear the mask?

Trial and error.
I just go to the respec npc and resolve my turmoil.

Last bump, then it's the swift death by obscurity.

Grim Dawn isn't an ARPG. ARPGs are games like Dark Souls, Fallout, Skyrim, etc.

lul

well what would you call it?
A Diablo clone? You'd just piss off another group of people. The same group that hates terms like Metroidvania, Soulslike and Rogue-lite.

Diablo isn't an ARPG either. I'd say they're more RPGs in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

reddit, everybody!

Top down ARPG.

Kill yourself mang.

I love this game but im so bad at it.

Just stack resists and DoT damage.