Do you guys like this man?

Do you guys like this man?

a hack and disgrace of a craftsman, the stupid cunt calls welding and grinding blacksmithing and people actually pay him for the shit he makes it's trash like he is and the only reason why his "weapons" don't break when he uses them is because the rust sheets he calls materials haven't entirely given in yet

Always bummed me that he rarely if ever hand forged anything, but his videos are entertaining enough. The Russian dude in Re Forged is my favorite to watch.

Dumbest weapon in vidya.

I like this

Really?
Because i think this is much dumber.
At least a buster sword is a single slab of metal, it can actually hurt if used by a huge man or something.
But this thing right here?
It works with fire magic, unless you can somehow invent fire magic IRL and imbue it in a replica, it's literally useless,

To be fair, people made some really silly shit in the past.
However, you also need to keep in mind that weapons like these could only be fired once before you'd have to spend a minute to reload them if you weren't drilled to perfection, so the fact that you have a sword on a revolver with proper bullets does make the whole design seem redundant.

Yes, but that's not what a FF8 gunblade is.
A FF8 gunblade isn't a gun with a blade aka a normal gun that fires a bullet and then also has a blade, it's a full blade that has part of a gun attached that fires magical bullets into the blade to make it heat up and vibrate.
It's the fantasy version of a MGS H.F. sword, essentially.
Completely useless in real life since if you tried to slash someone with it the handle would break apart (and nomura knew this, thus why he added the magical fire/vibration element to slice trough shit).
Even a keyblade would be more useful if replicated RL because you can use it as a blunt weapon and the handle is somewhat sturdy and part of the whole place of the key itself.

Watch this documentary if you want to see some real smithing. Damn good documentary in general, but also an interesting look into the life of a weird hermit without a life beyond just forging swords all day.

There's your problem.
These things are only good for thrusting.

I guess gooks just couldn't figure out how to make thrusting look sexy and satisfying.
Someone else did though.

Similar weapons were actually used in history, though they weren't as big and they weren't swing around with 1 hand obviously. The reason you don't hear about them was because they were kinda janky and the zweihander did the same job but better.

I guess that answers the question of how awkward would a chainsaw sword be to hold.

Dumbest weapon in vidya.

I never said it wasn't dumb. Also there's plenty out there that's dumber.

Except he doesn't, and he regularly corrects people when they call his work blacksmithing?

Great documentary. It's such a shame the camerawork is that fucking bad, especially during the actual smithing parts. Can't the cameraman keep his fucking camera steady?

I agree. I figure it has something to do with the difficulty of setting up in his shop. The lighting is also pretty shit in parts, but he mentions how important it is to be able to see the color and glow of the metal, so maybe professional lighting would have impacted his work and they couldn't do it.

stop feeding the troll

>>>/reddit/

Fucking hell, is this nu-Holla Forums or something?

I remember back when troll was the go-to word for someone being retarded.

What are you kids calling them nowadays?

shills?

Yeah, maybe. I see 'shill' and 'cuck' getting thrown around a lot.

Polite sage for off-topic.

are you baiting with the reddit spacing?

We call 'em cucks now, grandpa.

That makes sense.
Try to find this movie if you can; while not exactly about sword-smithing, it features smithing, and stunning cinematography. There should be a rar going around.

What the flying fuck are you talking about?

Its when you put spaces in between every line of your post. Apparently you need to hit enter twice to type a new line on reddit. I noticed it getting a lot more common recently, but it could just be shitposting.
You stopped doing it.

Yeah! just like those faggots with electric screwdrivers and earth movers aren't doing real construction

Because I was quoting, and responses to quotes go directly under the quote, don't they? I don't even fucking know any more. You go away for three months, and suddenly there's reddit spacing, cucks and shills everywhere.

Quote doesn't look like a correct word to me any more

What happened to this place?

I honestly don't know man, but we're getting off topic

are you retarded? simply cutting metal and grinding it out into a shape isn't sufficient when it comes to any metal item which needs to be strong to withhold different kinda pressures or forces applied to it, the stuff this hack makes is nothing but cheapo cosplay shit you'd throw away after a week since it'd fall apart from merely transporting it around

Looks good. I don't even know where to find torrents anymore since everything has been shut down. I figure there's got to be some Russian tracker somewhere.

I think Reddit uses some dialect of markdown or something, so that would do it. Markdown combines consecutive lines that aren't separated by a blank line.